Kathy Griffin: Bush is a liar over his fetus in a jar story

posted at 1:55 pm on November 18, 2010 by The Right Scoop

Let me first say that this is chocked full of expletives. The hate meter is pegged on this one. Kathy Griffin seems to think former President Bush is lying on what influenced his decision to become pro-life:

George W. Bush’s pro-life stance solidified when he was a teenager in Texas — after his mother suffered a devastating miscarriage and showed him the fetus in a jar…

“She said to her teenage kid, ‘Here’s the fetus,’ ” the shockingly candid Bush told NBC’s Matt Lauer, gesturing as if he were holding the jar during the TV chat…

“There’s no question that affected me, a philosophy that we should respect life,” said the former president, who had to drive his distraught mother to the hospital at the time.

Kathy Griffin talks as though this is an impossibility because she says the fetus wouldn’t easily fit in a jar. But President Bush never said how old the fetus was or at what point during the pregnancy his mom miscarried. I would assume that the fetus was pretty small to have the impact on him that it did, and could see that easily fitting into a jar. After all, what’s revelatory about seeing a nearly full-size infant and realizing that it is a person.

And besides, what reason would Bush have for lying? He’s done with politics and couldn’t care less what people think. This is nothing more than just sheer hatred for the man by the far Left. It’s the same kind of Lefty hatred that leads to the “Trig truthers” and the whole “Bush lied about WMD’s” myth.

***Content Warning: Language***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Pointless

thebrokenrattle on November 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Defend your freedom to choose.

Abort a liberal

Mr Snuggle Bunny on November 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Kathy Griffin is one of those entertainers that was funny to start and simply gave up and went with the easy stuff: swearing, vitriol and pandering. Sam Kinison is the only guy in my book that pulled that off, and even he was too much sometimes.

WitchDoctor on November 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM

He also didn’t say how big the jar was. Anyone ever see those huge gallon pickle jars? My mom had those around when I was a kid.

For her (or anyone) to call GWB a liar about this is simply foolish. The only person who could authoritatively call him a liar about this would be his mother.

Crickets.

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Kaffy ought to check out the “Body Worlds” traveling exhibit, where they display actual fetuses at each week of development, nearly all of them in jars.

CDeb on November 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM

No thanks. I won’t stoop down to her level of a$$hattedness.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM

For once I’m glad YouTube is blocked at my job.

Doughboy on November 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM

If she didn’t say stuff like this every so often, they’d have to drop her from the D-list.

trigon on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Can’t do it. I find this woman to repugnant to even entertain the idea of listening to her idiotic rants.

jawkneemusic on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Sorry. There is absolutely nothing that you can do to me that would ever get me to click on a Kathy Griffin YouTube video.

CyberCipher on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

really..hmm. I could walk Ms. Griffin over to a lab right now and show her a fetus..maybe even a dozen….all of them….in jars.

ted c on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Stop talking about Kathy Griffin. She has no talent. She just says stuff to provoke you into giving her attention. She has made a career by trolling.

You have fallen into her trap. Ignore her and she’ll go away.

Kohath on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Refuse to watch this hate-filled ignorant b!tch!

silvernana on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

What I believe President Bush is describing is called a “spontaneous abortion.”

It’s horrific, it’s more common than you think, it effects you for life and, yes, the baby could easily fit inside a jar.

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

In the first frame of that video clip, Kathy looks very much like Jar Jar Binks.

fiatboomer on November 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I have no urge to watch this….I can’ think of a word to describe her without getting banned. I get the jist of it from the story and the headline.

vcferlita on November 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Bush asked his mother if he could relate the story that they no one in the family had shared prior to writing this book.

So what Kathy is saying is that Barbara Bush is a liar?

Really, Kathy?

Regardless of what you may think of GHWB & GWB, Mrs. Bush is a person of sterling character, beyond reproach as far as I am concerned.

Go back to boinking Levi, you washed up old hag.

turfmann on November 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Griffin is a talentless skank, but go easy on her folks, she’s still mourning the breakup with Levi.

slickwillie2001 on November 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

WitchDoctor on November 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Kinison could be funny at times. This hag has always struck me as a loser with some kind of mental disorder. I think she has a manager that just turns her loose for a while, let’s the bilge overflow from her brain like a broken septic tank, then locks her back up in a kennel.

austinnelly on November 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Refuse to watch this hate-filled ignorant b!tch!

Ditto…

Chicost84 on November 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM

The “party of science” strikes again.

CDeb on November 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM

The poor woman. I wonder how many abortions she’s had that she needs to go about attacking others’ handling of their tragic loss of their unborn children. She did give a perfunctory expression of sympathy to Barbara but given the rest of the mocking bit it sounds like CYA.

I can’t know for sure of course if she’s had any, but this is classic, classic defense-mechanism behavior by someone who hasn’t yet faced up to the pain of their abortion.

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Kathy Griffin- saw her show a film she had obviously worked hard on with her as Justin Beiber, on Jimmie Kimmell I think, and the audience was stone dead, giving pity laughs. Anyone else I would have felt for.

Marcus on November 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM

***Content Warning: IQ Reduction Probable***

anticucho on November 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM

She’s a disgusting pig.

milwife88 on November 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM

This woman is beyond sickening.

I’m not watching. She has been refudiated.

Brian1972 on November 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM

This is about as low as any human can go. And the fact that people pay to listen to this crap is simply amazing. Don’t these people realize how truly unhappy they are with themselves?

geminicontender on November 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM

The Pro-Abortion crowd is vicious when wounded and when they sense they might be losing their grip on America.

mankai on November 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Griffin lies every time she says she’s a comic. Comics are funny.

In 1990 we went over to visit relatives in the Netherlands. They had an uncle’s stuff from when he was a physician. Among the items were fetuses in jars. Very small fetuses in mason jar sized jars.

Kathy’s in Rosie O’Donnell territory.

rbj on November 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM

WTF does she know? Didn’t she once date some barely legal Alaskan douchebag?

CantCureStupid on November 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM

As a Chaplain for a NICU I have had the great pleasure to hold a child born at 15 ounces. She was in the NICU for months but did well and I am sure is now a happy healthy child.
I have also had the duty to baptize and hold a 21 week infant/fetus as it died in my hand. The tears are VERY real.

Craniac on November 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Who is Kathy Griffin? Her IQ is less than Al Gores.

JA6601 on November 18, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Yo Kathy. I remember a few years back seeing a clip of your show. (I never watched it, nor will) In this clip you were in tears, and all sentimental over the loss of your dad.

Now I’ve come to wonder. Since you seem to be the authority on all things Bush, and lying…..how do I know you weren’t just acting, when you expressed emotion about your dad? Croc tears, and all? I don’t know. Until you have the facts, perhaps you should point your accusing finger at yourself. Idiot!!!

capejasmine on November 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Kathy Griffin: Rode hard and put up…well, rode hard for sure.

AubieJon on November 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Defend your freedom to choose.

Abort a liberal

Mr Snuggle Bunny on November 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Most of the aborted are future Democrats, which one reason why I’m not against the procedure.

toliver on November 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Watch her? I would rather set my hair on fire and put it out with a hammer.

kingsjester on November 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Type “fetus in jar” in Google images

LurkerDood on November 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM

This just P*sses me off. I think Kathy Griffin is hilarious. I want to be able to enjoy her comedy, but no- she just has to jump on that idiotic, insane, say anything to slam Palin or Bush bandwagon, and that p*sses me off. Why can’t comedians stick to making fun of Real Housewives and their own parents? .sigh.

anniekc on November 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM

She’s as ugly on the inside as she is on the outside. I’m not clicking.

Babino on November 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM

You have fallen into her trap. Ignore her and she’ll go away.

Kohath on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

^^
This

ButterflyDragon on November 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Has she never been in a college biology lab? I’ve seen a baby in a jar at almost every stage of development. This is the stupidest argument I’ve ever heard.

walnut on November 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM

She has made a career

Kohath on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

She has a career?

Are we talking about the same Kathy Griffin?

JohnGalt23 on November 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Come on, it’s Kathy Griffin. We’re not talking ‘super intellegent’ here.

GarandFan on November 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Does Kathy have anyone who will carry on her “legacy?” Apparently no children and touchy about anyone being against abortion.

Let’s see how long D-List is remembered.

mwbri on November 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Haters gonna hate.

Good Lt on November 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

What a vile organism

deedtrader on November 18, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Ha, the first thing I thought of when I saw KG’s picture was that she and Lisa Murkowski would make a great pair.

ORconservative on November 18, 2010 at 2:10 PM

I wouldn’t click on this if you paid me. The woman is mentally ill.

Missy on November 18, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Watch her? I would rather set my hair on fire and put it out with a hammer.

kingsjester on November 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM

ROFLMAO!!!

capejasmine on November 18, 2010 at 2:12 PM

This is the crowd that Meighy McCain hangs out with and demands our party needs to move toward to be more “mainstream”.

Stop the H8te Meighy!

portlandon on November 18, 2010 at 2:12 PM

The best way to remain staunchly pro-choice is to keep yourself completely ignorant regarding fetal development.

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM

My ex-wife miscarried at home one evening some 25+ years ago. She could not bear to see our child in the toilet, so she placed it in a teacup and brought it to me for us to grieve together. The child fit just fine in a teacup.

Kathy Griffin, you are a despicable whore. When you live, and my child dies, I see injustice.

IronDioPriest on November 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I don’t know what’s more disgusting, this level of hate itself, or the fact that it is widely acceptable among liberals.

Scrappy on November 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM

CDeb on November 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Ah, Body World, which was investigated by the State of California for compliance with patient will in the use of cadavers:

They belonged to people who declared during their lifetime that their bodies should be made available after their deaths for the qualification of physicians and the instruction of laypersons. Many donors underscore that by donating their body, they want to be useful to others even after their death. Their selfless donations allow us to gain unique insights into human bodies, which have thus far been reserved for physicians at best. Therefore, we wish to thank the living and deceased body donors.

I guess California determined that the fetus’ gave their permission to be plasticized.

unclesmrgol on November 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM

IronDioPriest on November 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM

yep

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM

***Content Warning: Skank***

American Elephant on November 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Bush may not have lied about no WMDs, but he admitted that the US didn’t find any (yes, I know, people say we found reminants and indications that the programs could have been restarted, but why didn’t Bush point that out if he thought those were valid points?)

Bush ‘sick about’ no WMD in Iraq

By Carla K. Johnson – The Associated Press
Posted : Tuesday Nov 9, 2010 18:03:46 EST

CHICAGO — George W. Bush recounted the mistakes of his presidency on Oprah Winfrey’s talk show as he launched a book tour to promote his just-released memoir “Decision Points.”

The former president said he still feels “sick about” the fact no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq.

…..

A taped episode of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” airing Tuesday featured the former president.

Bush was in Dallas on Tuesday morning to sign copies at a book store near his home.

The world is better off without Saddam Hussein, Bush said, even though the invasion that toppled the Iraqi leader was based on faulty intelligence about the existence of weapons of mass destruction.

“When we didn’t find weapons I felt terrible about it, sick about it and still do, because a lot of the case in removing Saddam Hussein was based upon weapons of mass destruction,” Bush said. He added that Hussein was “equally dangerous” without WMDs.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Watching Kathy Griffin might be enough for me to reverse my pro-life stance.

You-Eh-Vee on November 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM

CyberCipher on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I’m with you. With fewer days ahead of me than behind me I refuse to waste a moment one this hateful b**ch.

itsspideyman on November 18, 2010 at 2:17 PM

It’s not “hatred for the man”, it’s “adoration for abortions”.

The Mega Independent on November 18, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I truly had never heard of this arguably female person before. I’m so sorry to have lost that blissful state of ignorance. What a shameful and distasteful person.

Mason on November 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Kathy Griffin? Yawn. Hard to get worked up over a turd in a punchbowl.

Tennman on November 18, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Translation: Bush didn’t lie about WMDs but since some people are accusing him of lying and he’s sick about not finding them… it’s OK to keep accusing him of lying.

/leftist “logic”

mankai on November 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM

It would have been nice of Kathy Griffin’s mother to choose to abort. Think of all the offensive statements that would have not been said.

/yeah, I know this is offensive, but hey, it drives a point.

john1schn on November 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM

What I believe President Bush is describing is called a “spontaneous abortion.” miscarriage

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

There, fixed it for you!

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Why are all liberals, unhappy, vile, and hateful people?

darwin on November 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Our child miscarried and was so small we could hold him in the palm of our hand. This shrew should ask to see the remains next time she commits abortion just to educate herself.

Ted Torgerson on November 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Kathy thinks that just because a full grown man could physically climb out of her Uterus, that every woman is as loose as she is.

portlandon on November 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM

This is the same slut who pushed her nasty dirty tongue down Johnston’s throat, after he’d been posing naked for Playgirl? That one? Why would anyone listen to her after seeing her level of judgment?

tcn on November 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM

no… what it is is attention seeking, and you’re giving her exactly what she wants.

Kaptain Amerika on November 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I was carrying twins, 4 months pregnant when I miscarried. Since the left doesn’t seem to understand miscarriage, the hospital wants to see the fetus(es). I took mine in wrapped in a bath towel, but (this is gross) they would have both fit into a large pickle jar. What An Idiot.

di butler on November 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Think of this obscene thought: Lots of people think kathy Griffen is funny, so much so that the woman makes over $10 milion a year selling her schtick. WTF are those people thinking???

georgealbert on November 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I might add, that I saw “The Human Body” exhibit a few years ago at one of our museums (yes, we do have them in SoTex) and saw fetuses (fetusi?) in a range of “jars” from the size of huge gallon size jars all the way down to baby food jars (no jokes about that, please). The fact that Kathy Griffin calls Bush a liar on this proves that she’s a liar, as she obviously does not have all her facts straight.

john1schn on November 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

If you ever get to see the Body Worlds exhibit, do so. If their fetus exhibit doesn’t solidify a pro-life stance in you, nothing will. If I recall, they had fetuses from just a few weeks old to almost full-term. It was incredible.

jennifernaz on November 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM

If you live in Baltimore have nothing better to do tonight than go out and defecate $84.30 (Plus ticketmaster charges)… Kathy Griffin is playing at the Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric.

Greek Fire on November 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Oh my gosh, John. Great minds think alike, huh?

jennifernaz on November 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM

What a vile organism

deedtrader on November 18, 2010 at 2:10 PM

What, an organism in a vial?

AnotherOpinion on November 18, 2010 at 2:28 PM

di butler on November 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

That must have been very difficult.

samuelrylander on November 18, 2010 at 2:28 PM

There, fixed it for you!

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM

No, it’s called a “spontaneous abortion,” it is a type of miscarriage. Probably the most horrific.

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:29 PM

My wife suffered through a spontaneous abortion, back in 1989. She was inconsolable. What I would have given to have that not happen.

john1schn on November 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM

***Content Warning: Skank***

American Elephant on November 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I would’nt touch her with a redwood tree.

faol on November 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I think that D-list is too strong. There should be a hollywood H-list, for people whose only celebrity comes from hating on conservatives.

KG was also brilliant when she bashed Limbaugh for not going to war zones, a week after he had spent a week in Afghanistan.

joeindc44 on November 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Oh my gosh, John. Great minds think alike, huh?

jennifernaz on November 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Might be similar exhibits. This one used dead Chinese prisoners. The final piece of the exhibit was one complete human skin, completely stripped off of the body. It was more disturbing the further you got into the exhibit.

john1schn on November 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I’m sorry for everyone’s losses here. I’ve also lost children to miscarriage and this type of “comedy” really pisses me off.

For those wondering, an unborn child looks like a small human very early in development. Doctors typically ask women to bring in the remains, especially if you’ve had multiple miscarriages or are older.

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM

She is living proof of fetus in a jar.

Wade on November 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I won’t watch it, he is horrible..

reshas1 on November 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM

IronDioPriest on November 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Sorry to hear what you and your wife went through. I had a neighbor once who miscarried, and kept the baby in a jar at home. I never personally saw it but I knew others who did.

My point is, yes a fetus can fit into a jar if the fetus is small enough and/or the jar is large enough. So why assume Bush is lying about this? She is utterly ridiculous.

UltimateBob on November 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM

john1schn on November 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM

It sounds like there are a few of us here who have experienced it ours was about five years ago, she was a girl.

When we talked to doctors about it they said that very little is know about it and very little research is done on the cause(s). Whether that is because women don’t discuss it (so it never gets much attention), or whether it is because the medical establishment doesn’t consider fetuses to be worth the time and effort, they couldn’t say.

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I would’nt touch her with a redwood tree.

faol on November 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM

But what would Lorien do?

Inquiring minds want to know.

BobMbx on November 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM

They don’t make jars small enough to put Kathy’s brain in…

tinkerthinker on November 18, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I can’t wait to never see her again

blatantblue on November 18, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Obviously Griffin has never been to the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago.

RhymesWithRight on November 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

jennifernaz on November 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I saw Body Worlds a few years ago in Philadelphia. Yes, it included an exhibit on human development. It also included the body of a mother with a child in the womb.

That section of the exhibit was curtained off, with a caution that it could be disturbing. I would have to agree.

UltimateBob on November 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM

My wife’s doctor basically said that usually, these happen because there was something amiss with the fetus, that generally, if they did make it to term, would have multiple defects. Now, having said that, it still doesn’t make it any easier to hear, and she couldn’t offer up any further information at the time.

john1schn on November 18, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Has this skank started stalking the Palin e-mail hacker yet?

Chickyraptor on November 18, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Why are all liberals, unhappy, vile, and hateful people?

darwin on November 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Because their consciences – which, unlike their own children, they can’t abort — keep bothering them no end.

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I have no doubt at all that Bush’s story about his mother is true.

We all know that Barbara Bush is a famously sensible woman, and though such an event must have been a horrendous shock to her, she had the spine to do what needed to be done immediately:

A doctor wants to see the fetus, if possible, if a woman miscarries, since obviously there may be further health implications for the mother.

I find Kathy Griffin’s unfathomable “humor”, and her unconscionable lack of empathy for women who have suffered miscarriages, to be beneath contempt.

Edouard on November 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM

john1schn on November 18, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Our doctor told us that our baby was perfectly perfect and that my wife’s body simply reacted inappropriately, but she couldn’t say why. They called it “incompetent cervix.”

Funny, they have a name for everything. They don’t understand it, but they have a name.

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I thought the Bush “jar” story was a little TMI.

I’m not sure if I believe it… were it my miscarriage, I certainly wouldn’t be showing it to my kids.

stenwin77 on November 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Someone needs to tell Ms. Griffin to Google “pickled punk”.

fusionaddict on November 18, 2010 at 2:50 PM