Ready to Forgive Michael Vick Yet?

posted at 4:56 pm on November 17, 2010 by Matt Lewis

I’m the proud papa of two rescue pugs — and am also a Washington Redskins fan.

If there were anyone in America who ought to hate Michael Vick — especially after the way he manhandled the Redskins on Monday Night — it would be me.

But I’m conflicted.

One could certainly argue that dog fighting is a heinous act — and that anyone who engages in such an activity cannot realistically be “rehabilitated.”

What he did was horrible.  It sickens me.  And the notion that someone who went to jail for such an activity should then have the opportunity to be celebrated — and rewarded as a “star” — is, at least, worth debating.

After all, it is one thing to say Vick paid his dues to society, it is another thing to allow him to return to the NFL (and make millions).

On the other hand, there is no doubt Vick suffered for his actions.  He became a national pariah and went to jail for his crime. Having paid his dues to society, Vick returned to the NFL where his initial performance was weak.  Most observers assumed he would never again be great, and possibly wasn’t even worthy of being a backup.

This season, of course, Vick has been nothing short of amazing.  He got his legs back (he could always run like the wind), and now he is making better decisions.  What is more, and his passing accuracy is unbelievable.

It is not unrealistic to speculate he could be named the “most valuable player” in the NFL this season.  And based on his performance Monday Night, I wouldn’t rule out the notion that Vick could even lead his Philadelphia Eagles to the Super Bowl.

Of course, this is all assuming he doesn’t blow it.  Who knows, maybe he will fall apart next week and throw a dozen interceptions?  Maybe it will turn out that he has bodies buried in his basement, and that he is fooling everybody by pretending he has changed…  Nobody knows what the future will hold, and nobody knows his heart.

But shouldn’t we at least be rooting for him?  (I don’t mean rooting for him simply to win football games — I mean rooting for the possibility that he has truly redeemed himself).

After Monday’s game, Vick Tweeted, “God Can Turn Mistakes Into Miracles.”

I’d like to believe that’s true in the case of Michael Vick.

What do you think?

Note: I’ll be guest blogging at HotAir these next few days.  Check out my Politics Daily column, my blog at MattLewis.org, and follow me on Twitter.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Why can’t you forgive Vick, but continue to forgive Lindsay Lohah, Robert Downey, Jr.? Among others.

Mazztek

Really? Did you really just equate partying too much with torture, maiming, and the sadistic killing of pets?

Sheesh, the dumb is strong in this thread.

xblade on November 18, 2010 at 1:12 AM

When I was in China, I usually would give a little food or money to beggars. My Chinese friends would admonish me and tell me that the beggar is probably more rich than me. I agreed that this could be true, but I have not real way of knowing this, so I had to do the right thing assuming that the man/woman was really in need. A steamed bun or a buck here or there will not hurt me a bit. If they are dishonest, then God will judge them for that. As for me, I must do what is right, or I will be judged for that.

I view Vick in the same light. He seems to have repented. I will look at him as if he has. If he hasn’t, either he will reveal himself as a liar later, or God will deal with him when that time comes. It is not my business to decide.

p40tiger on November 18, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Pete Rose made a few money bets on a couple of baseball games after he retired from playing the game and was banned for life from baseball in all ways, shapes, forms and capacities.

Michael Vick murdered and tortured puppies and full grown dogs in vast numbers for sport and for personal profit… and that’s just plain ol’ okey dokey.

Michael Vick can kiss my hind quarters. While we’re at it, so can all the people that support Michael Vick and the decision makers who made it all just plain ol’ okey dokey.

FlatFoot on November 18, 2010 at 2:03 AM

He went through the legal process, paid his fines and served his sentence. If he were a plumber, nobody would be saying that he shouldn’t be allowed to return to his job after taking his punishment.

It’s not my position to condemn him, especially when I don’t know him. I hope he’s learned and matured from this experience and that he won’t have more problems.

flataffect on November 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM

For all the protestations, how many league owners are kicking themselves for not picking Vick up cheap when they could? Including Jerry ‘Asshat’ Jones.

TinMan13 on November 18, 2010 at 5:33 AM

I agree..he has paid his dues to society so he has every right to play football and make money.

becki51758 on November 18, 2010 at 6:40 AM

becki51758 on November 18, 2010 at 6:40 AM

He may have paid his dues to society, but that does not cancel out that, as flatfoot said, the fact that he brutalized animals for fun and profit. What if those had been children instead of dogs? Then how would you feel about his celebrity status?

chai on November 18, 2010 at 7:06 AM

So now Vick can brutalize his fellow players rather than his dogs.

zoyclem on November 18, 2010 at 7:12 AM

bannedbyhuffpo on November 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Amen! Only before the pit bulls get ahold of him, bring in a bull and let it try to cross breed.

lonestar1 on November 17, 2010 at 11:50 PM

You sound worse than Vick was.

Vyce on November 17, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Except that Vick went to jail and seems to have truly repented. When you find some pitbull corpses in his backyard, then feel free to excoriate him again. Until then, kindly stfu, Mr. “social issues don’t matter yet I’ll wring my hands about people cheering for Vick.”

Good Solid B-Plus on November 18, 2010 at 1:06 AM

PWND

CWforFreedom on November 18, 2010 at 7:17 AM

If Michael Vick is right with God, our earthly opinions don’t mean squat.

olesparkie on November 18, 2010 at 7:20 AM

I just can’t bring myself to view Vick in anything but a bad way. So he had one good night out, big deal. I would rather see him gone from the game.

TonyR on November 18, 2010 at 7:22 AM

This guy is as repulsive as they come. And I’m no football fan but what he did is unforgivable no matter who he is. And knowing the arrogance of these overpaid jocks, it’s probably only a matter of time before he’s at it again. It’s almost like we’re back in ancient Rome with the gladiators in the arena the way people are slobbering over this sleaze bag. Pathetic!

mozalf on November 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM

vick is not only a dirtbag but, just as when he first entered the league, his abilities as a quarterback are a novelty and defenses will adjust. He will go back to being an 8 and 8 qb at best again and hopefully Kevin Kolb, who has shown great loyalty to the undeserving eagles and dinity throughout, will be QBing another team next year while the eagles sink.

peacenprosperity on November 18, 2010 at 7:46 AM

I’ve been an Eagles fan all my life, I was stunned when Vick became an Eagle. Vick is a talented athlete, but not a Brian Westbrook someone you could point to as a roll model for youth.

philly_PA on November 18, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Yes, he did his time. But many of the animals he brutalized are still doing theirs, unable to overcome the horrors done to them. Add to this that he has to this day not ever admitted all of the heinous things he did to those animals, only enough to suffice as what passes for contrition, these days.

It’s up to G-d ultimately to forgive. But as for me, a mere mortal, he has not earned my respect nor forgiveness.

redfoxbluestate on November 18, 2010 at 8:20 AM

How bloody shallow can you people be? Excoriate the man because you don’t like his football team. Insist on analysis to cure the dogs whose feelings he hurt. (I think the bible mentions man being the master over all animals, but that’s another argument for another day.)

If Michael Vick is right with God, our earthly opinions don’t mean squat.

olesparkie on November 18, 2010 at 7:20 AM

That says it all…

Mr. Grump on November 18, 2010 at 8:35 AM

It’s not my place to forgive. He didn’t torture and kill me for sport. But it is my place to regard him as a worthless piece of sh*t, soulless scum-sucker, moral retard and having all the value of used kitty litter. The NFL is a bunch of money-grubbing, values-deprived, gutless pu$$ies for letting him back in. His repentance and contrition is, as referenced by others, for public consumption and to be regarded no more seriously than a Clinton promise or an Obama oath of office.

Extrafishy on November 18, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Why have a prison system if you have no concept of one having paid a debt to society or even being “rehabilitated”? Why not just kill every law breaker if you never intend to forgive or accept that ones debt to society has been paid through jail time?

All putting Vick in jail did was take away millions of dollars of tax revenue. Does anyone think he would actually continue with the whole dog fighting thing after it all came out? As if there was a chance he would continue to do it. Was he a threat to society?

The man did two years in jail. You go do two years in jail for dog fighting and I’m sure you’ll find that to be more than sufficient punishment. get over it.

CVMA-Dredd on November 18, 2010 at 9:20 AM

We’re equating dogs to children now?

CVMA-Dredd on November 18, 2010 at 9:23 AM

The fact that a piece of crap like Michael Vick is making millions in the NFL is the reason I no longer watch NFL games. I know I’m in the minority but his being on the field has taken all enjoyment out of the sport for me.

OTOH I get a lot more done around the house on Sundays.

alilianstrom on November 18, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Lifelong Eagles fan here, until they signed Vick. This is my nightmare scenario – that somehow this repulsive, serial dog torturing sicko leads my team to its first Superbowl Championship.

Really, if it was ever going to happen, it would have to happen this way, the team is cursed.

You can forgive Vick, but there is no getting over the fact that he is a sadistic sicko that should not be accepted in polite society.

JohnW on November 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM

E-A-G-L-E-S! Eagles!

That being said… would we care if a carpenter went back to being a carpenter? This is how Vick makes money, so let him make his money.

mankai on November 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM

If I were a dog-fighter,
And you were a yuppie,
Would you marry me anyway?
Would you have my puppie?

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 10:05 AM

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Oh my gosh, reading this thread is like torture. All you Haterade drinkers should be banned from Hot Air for life! Life I say!

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 10:12 AM

He plea bargained his way out of the torture charges. If he had to stand trial and admit to what he did, no one would be so forgiving.

Mr Grump, you wrote:

Why don’t you try reading about the subjject? Put down the bible, and read about what he actually did. BTW, my God doesn’t forgive him because he runs a 4.3/40 and makes some drunken Eagles fans happy on Sunday afternoons.

Malpaso on November 18, 2010 at 10:22 AM

BTW, my God doesn’t forgive him because he runs a 4.3/40 and makes some drunken Eagles fans happy on Sunday afternoons. Malpaso on November 18, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Your love for your fellow man just shines through.

BTW, he ran a 4.29.

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I forgave Michael Vick a long time ago. He was tried, convicted, sentanced, and then served it out. He paid his debt. And what’s more, he has demonstrated true change, growth, and maturity in his life since then.

America is the land of second chances. People came here for exactly that – a second chance at something. For some it was a second chance at religious freedom, for some it was a second chance at economic success, for others it was a chance to just start over with a clean slate. Later, people moved out West to start over with a clean slate. Today people still move to places like Alaska for the same reason.

Michael Vick is getting his second chance and he’s makeing the most of it. That’s the American Dream and he’s living it out. I never liked Vick as a Falcon, I liked him less when the dog fighting stuff came out. But now I root for him. I want him to succeed. I want him to prove that America is still the land of second chances – just as it always has been.

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Dogfighting is bad enough, but only a sick piece of trash would get off on torturing animals. Vick also stole family pets out of backyards to be torn apart for practice. I will stand up and cheer if this POS ends up paralyzed on the field.

Chazz on November 18, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Malpaso on November 18, 2010 at 10:22 AM

This single passage perfectly demonstrates just how sick and stupid this thread is. A freakin’ dog is just a dog, no more, no less. You shouldn’t mistreat them for any reason, but good God, he never burned people alive. He didn’t even gouge anybody’s eyes out. An American jury just aquitted a man charged with 200 plus counts of MURDER and you moral giants want to crucify someone for dogfighting. You’re the ones who are sick.

Mr. Grump on November 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Not just for dogfighting, for taking pleasure in the brutal torture of innocent animals. Nobody here is praising any murderers, we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Chazz on November 18, 2010 at 11:21 AM

We’re equating dogs to children now?

CVMA-Dredd on November 18, 2010 at 9:23 AM

It’s not much of a leap. Most murderers also tortured animals before they graduated to humans. If you get pleasure from torturing and killing animals, you’re not going to feel anything when torturing and killing humans.

Blake on November 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM

It’s a cultural thing you racists wouldn’t understand. You feel?

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Your love for your fellow man just shines through.

BTW, he ran a 4.29.

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Malpaso on November 18, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Most murderers also tortured animals before they graduated to humans.

Blake on November 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Really? I could see how you could easily state that SOME murderers also tortured animals before they graduated to humans. But to say MOST is something you’re going to need to provide some backup data for.

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Do your own research. I don’t work for free. I stand by my statement.

Blake on November 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Do your own research. I don’t work for free. I stand by my statement.

Blake on November 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM

The words of someone who is willing to issue forth an overly-broad opinion as though it is fact but can’t actually back it up with real, you know, facts.

Your opinion may well be correct but the fact that you can’t back it up with data vastly diminishes your credibility. Sorry.

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Thanks, next time my neighbor’s poodle is out drunk driving or blows up a building I’ll think of your post. Malpaso on November 18, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I don’t catch yer drift there pardner.

He has lost two years of his life and something like $200M. That’s not enough? Really? Really?

He is in the Philly schools weekly talking to kids about life, and the consequences of making poor decisions. 99% of the people whining about him earning a living in the NFL have done buptkis of that nature.

So tune in to Sunday Night Football this weekend and enjoy 7 picking the G-Men apart rib by rib, hip and thigh. It’s must-see TV.

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Do your own research. I don’t work for free. I stand by my statement. Blake on November 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Most people who say “I don’t work for free” are prostitutes.

I stand by my statement.

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM

You’re an a$$hole.

I stand by my statement.

Blake on November 18, 2010 at 12:28 PM

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM

It’s not my opinion, it is fact. What you think of my credibility is meaningless. I have no respect for you or the others who want to forgive what this dreck did. You are not the type of people I would associate with in real life.

Blake on November 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I don’t forget torturing dogs and maiming innocent animals just because someone can also play football or shoot hoops.
For the rest of his life if he lives a good clean life I can forgive and feel as if he learned the lesson but I won’t be his cheerleader just for the sake of a game.

SgtRed on November 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM

we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Chazz on November 18, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I’m not convinced of that.

Mr. Grump on November 18, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Yes, because nourishing your body with a hamburger and slaughtering a dog because he doesn’t win fights is exactly the same thing. Idiot.

clearbluesky on November 17, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Ever see how that hamburger meat is made? Vick went to jail for running a dog fighting ring. How many people running slaughterhouses or going on hunting safaris go to jail? Think those animals die right away? They don’t. And I’m not suggesting that hunters or butchers go to jail.

There are millions of animals killed every year, and most die a painful death in horrid conditions. But we don’t care, because they are not cute. People who think dogs are somehow equal or close to equal to humans are more often than not complete hypocrites. They are animals

spec_ops_mateo on November 18, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I don’t eat meat, but that’s beside the point. There are humane ways to treat animals…even if they do end up on your plate. What Vick did for fun and profit was not humane…it was barbaric. He went to jail for operating the ring, but that was based on his plea deal. He participated fully and apparently had a blast while doing it. Comparing what he did to a hunter who shoots a deer and goes home and cooks it is a stretch. But he throws a nice spiral, right?

Malpaso on November 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Boom!

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I’ll wag my finger at him when I see him… at the parade down Broad Street in February.

mankai on November 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Blake on November 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Actually, it is your opinion in the absence of factual data to back up your assertion.

As for whether you’d associate with me in real life – you have no idea. You don’t know enough about me other than our disagreement on this topic.

Also, your refusal to forgive is fairly disturbing in its own right. It demonstrates that your heart is hard and bitter. Not that it matters, Michael Vick’s future success doesn’t depend one bit on your forgiveness or the condition of your heart.

Mike Vick did terrible things, for which he was punished under the law. In the meantime he has gotten his act together, he has apologized for what he did, he has asked for forgiveness, and he has worked hard in the community to help teach young kids not to make his mistakes. In the middle of all that he’s getting a second chance to earn money doing what he loves. And you withhold your forgiveness. It seems like you might be the person with a problem, not Mike Vick.

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

thids evil fxck PERSONALLY WITH HIS OWN HANDS MURDERED animals. there is a reason sociopaths kill animals. they are fxcking sociopaths

if Matt Lewis is conflicted I suggest he reconsider his humanity

its like saying yah Hitler murdered people but he was a great painter.

evil fxck, period.

ginaswo on November 18, 2010 at 2:24 PM

only God and Jesus have to forgive. I am all too human. No. he is a pathetic excuse for a human being I dont care if he can throw and catch a fxckin ball, so could those murdered dogs.

how bout we starve Vick and throw him in a ring like he did the dogs and kill him if he doesnt catch the ball well enough?

isnt that what he did?

fxckin evil bastard

ginaswo on November 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM

ginaswo on November 18, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Comparing what Vick did to what Hitler did demonstrates a great lack of understanding for what Hitler did. There is no comparison between the two. Unless you consider the lives dogs to be on par with the lives of tens of millions of humans killed as a result of Hitler’s wars, including some six million Jews exterminated solely because of their ethnicity.

If that’s your position I’m sorry, I can’t help you. If it’s not your position you might want to reconsider the comparison.

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 2:30 PM

He didn’t harm me, I don’t need to forgive him for anything. Time served, welcome back!

HAExpert on November 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM

isnt that what he did?

fxckin evil bastard

ginaswo on November 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Last I checked, God and Jesus were not the only ones capable of forgiving. Since you’re bringing Jesus into this I might point out that Jesus was the one who taught us to forgive. Check out Matthew 18 for an example.

Also, last I checked we didn’t have exactly an eye for an eye justice system. If we did, Jeffry Dahmer would have been raped, boiled, and eaten. Rapists would be raped, etc. If you want to make the case that that’s the kind of system we should have, fine. But under the kind of system we do have Vick is paid up.

What he did was sick. But he has also turned away from that life. We’ve all done things we don’t deserve to be forgiven of. And yet we ask for and receive forgiveness on a routine basis. That is why forgiveness is so beautiful – because it is granted even when we are undeserving.

dczombie on November 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Why don’t you ask his dogs how they feel about him? You can’t ask the ones who had battery terminals attached to their ears and then thrown into the pool, because they’re dead. They died horrific deaths. The damage was shown on the sides of the pool where they scratched, clawed and tried to bite their way out.

No. I don’t forgive him. He is missing a part of his soul and I believe he’s evil. Anyone who could do the things he did to those dogs, is severely damaged.

He should be banned for life for what he did. I wait for the day when someone puts him into retirement.

As my husband said this morning.. “Beware Mike. Those footsteps you hear behind you are Karma in the form of a linebacker who loves his Pit Bull.”

SueM on November 18, 2010 at 3:18 PM

it takes special kind of P.O.S. to torture an animal… you don’t redeem that, that’s just your character, you can hide it, but it’s still there. he should have been banned from the NFL. what we’ve proven to children is that it’s no big deal if you do these terrible things.

Kaptain Amerika on November 17, 2010 at 5:12 PM

My thoughts exactly.

SueM on November 18, 2010 at 3:24 PM

If he hadn’t gotten caught he’d still be torturing and killing animals for sport and profit.
This man is capable of drowning and hanging dogs, you don’t get cured of that “inclination”. So now he stopped doing it for sport and profit.

Buttercup on November 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

-Isaac Watts, former slaver trader.

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM

EVERYONE has to pay the piper at some point. Vick has, and it is time for us to move on. For some, that may not be possible, but that is their right.

For me, as both an Eagles fan, and as a fellow human being with a soft spot for little critters, I am prepared to give him a second chance, but it won’t be like giving him a blank check either.

Trust, but verify.

itzWicks on November 18, 2010 at 3:48 PM

People are human and therefore make mistakes some worse that others. Our criminal justice system punishes people for the wrong behavior when is gets too serious. To harbor hatred and animosity against anyone who has paid his debt to society according to his sentencing is to deny the the law of the land and borders on vigilante justice which is of itself unlawful. If Vick can show he is recoverd from his ugly past behavior then he deserves a chance to contribute something positive to society.

sonnyspats1 on November 18, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I think it is hideous what this man did to animals. However, I can’t really see where it is my place to forgive him. For those refusing to forgive, I understand the disdain for Vick, but unforgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting Vick to die from it.

wytammic on November 18, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Lotta ignorance here.

Folks, here’s the way the American legal system works:

The legislature, made up of our representatives, decides what the law says, and decides the appropriate range of penalties for violating the law.

During a trial, the judge has the power to adjust the sentence within a range determined by the legislature, to make the penalty appropriate for the crime.

Once a man has been convicted, sentenced, and served his time, he has PAID FOR HIS CRIME. He owes the society at large NOTHING. He is now even with the house again.

Those of you who are saying “He’s still a scumbag” are just telling us all that you don’t believe in the American system of justice, and you think you’re above it. You’re a bunch of ignorant, unforgiving louts who think your own feelings determine what a man should pay for his crime, and don’t give a rip what the legislature, the courts, the judges, the juries, or the prisons say. You’re worse than liberals.

I respect Michael Vick’s athletic ability. I also respect his ability to come back from adversity, even if it’s self-inflicted adversity. I don’t like what he did, but he paid for it like a man, and came back, and is now doing what he did.

If you think the penalty for what he did should be greater, WRITE YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVE and have them change the law. Until then, you have nothing useful to say. So SHUT. THE. HELL. UP.

philwynk on November 18, 2010 at 5:47 PM

So now we have to shut the hell up? Piss off philwynky. We were asked for our opinions, that’s what this forum is for and you’re calling others ignorant. You find that useful?
So he served his time, like he had a choice in the matter. It doesn’t mean I have to buy his Jersey or even like the guy. I take it all ex-convicts are OK in your book. I’m happy for you.

Buttercup on November 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM

If I recall correctly, he was still managing.

NoFanofLibs on November 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM

If I recall correctly, he was still managing.

NoFanofLibs on November 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM

He was retired from playing the game.

FlatFoot on November 19, 2010 at 12:14 AM

“One thing you got to learn about WASPs, Bud. They love animals; hate people.”
Gordon Gecko

Bevan on November 19, 2010 at 5:22 AM

Extrafishy on November 19, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Many of you Eagles fans are like Democrats: Any crime is OK as long as it’s your guy committing the crime. That you cloak your vile acceptance of his acts in “forgiveness” raises a stench. Extrafishy on November 19, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Please quote any Eagles fan voicing acceptance of his vile acts. Oh wait, I get it, no matter what we say we accept his vile acts! You win!

Where’d you learn how to read minds? I’d think that one should be able to use his own mind properly before he goes off reading others’.

Akzed on November 19, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I will continue to cheer Vick on. I am a dog lover and yes what he did was horrific…but some people put as much emphasis and importance on a dog as they do a child. Dogs don’t have souls…everyone deserves a second chance…after that all bets are off! He’s a great player and I support 100%!

Eyvonne on November 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Dante Stallworth killed a human and I see he’s playing for the Ravens. Selective outrage?

Bevan on November 21, 2010 at 9:38 AM