Quotes of the day

posted at 10:55 pm on November 16, 2010 by Allahpundit

“Last Thursday I was flying to LA on the Midnight flight. I went through security my usual sour stuff. I beeped, of course, and was shuttled to the ‘toss-em’ line. A security guy came over. I assumed the position. I had a button up shirt on that was untucked. He reached around while he was behind me and grabbed around my front pocket. I guess he was going for my flashlight, but the area could have loosely been called ‘crotch.’ I said, ‘You have to ask me before you touch me or it’s assault.’

“He said, ‘Once you cross that line, I can do whatever I want.’…

“I tell the cop the story, in a very funny way. The cop, the voice of sanity says, ‘What’s wrong with you people? You can’t just grab a guy’s crank without his permission.’ I tell him that my genitals weren’t grabbed and the cop says, ‘I don’t care, you can’t do that to people. That’s assault and battery in my book.’”

***
“Unlike a medical X-ray, the TSA X-ray machines are a sci-fi fan’s dream: they are lower-energy beams that can only penetrate clothing and the topmost layers of skin. This provides TSA agents with a view that would expose any explosives concealed by clothing. But according to the UCSF professors, the low-enegy rays do a ‘Compton scatter’ off tissue layers just under the skin, possibly exposing some vital areas and leaving the tissues at risk of mutation.

“When an X-ray Compton scatters, it doesn’t shift an electron to a higher energy level; instead, it hits the electron hard enough to dislodge it from its atom. The authors note that this process is ‘likely breaking bonds,’ which could cause mutations in cells and raise the risk of cancer.

“Because the X-rays only make it just under the skin’s surface, the total volume of tissue responsible for absorbing the radiation is fairly small. The professors point out that many body parts that are particularly susceptible to cancer are just under the surface, such as breast tissue and testicles. They are also concerned with those over 65, as well as children, being exposed to the X-rays.”

***
“Airline passengers who object to any type of physical screening are not going to fly anywhere, the head of the Transportation Security Administration told a congressional committee Tuesday.

“Quizzed by lawmakers about a controversial new airport procedure that uses revealing full-body scan machines and intimate ‘pat-downs’ of those who object or set off alarms, TSA Administrator John S. Pistole appealed to the flying public to become “partners” in the effort to combat terrorism.

“But Pistole told the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs that his inspectors at 453 of the nation’s airports are not going to back down in the face of complaints that techniques are invasive.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

If people are smart, they’ll refuse to fly until TSA and Mr Pistole are out of a job.

GarandFan on November 16, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Which also means they are useless at discovering anything placed inside the body.

SaintGeorgeGentile on November 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Transparency.
================
And,

Trans looncency too!!

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Obama: I know lets blame Bush and say this was all his idea

Daveyardbird on November 16, 2010 at 11:03 PM

I am no longer forced to fly. You touch my junk, I’ve got soemthing for you, because you don’t have anything I need.

Hog Wild on November 16, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Israel’s profiling system is cheaper and it actually works, so of course it will never be used by the TSA.

sharrukin on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Pistole appealed to the flying public to become “partners” in the effort

Believe me, you’re asking a leeeetle more than that.

John the Libertarian on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

many body parts that are particularly susceptible to cancer

Pics of autopsies on the sides of the scanners are called for.

kahall on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I’m flying for the holidays. My origin airport is small and hasn’t gotten one of these invasive X-ray machines yet. My destination airport has but the airport staff told me “they don’t use it all the time”…. Not sure what to believe about that.

I plan to opt for the pat down if it comes to that and will be gritting my teeth. If it slows down the process – so be it. This is crazy.

Jill1066 on November 16, 2010 at 11:07 PM

To much of this and we will all turn to margarine..easy spread.

Electrongod on November 16, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Why the hell aren’t we doing what the Israeli’s doing? Profiling and having Air Marshall’s on the flights!

jawkneemusic on November 16, 2010 at 11:08 PM

If someone wants to give Pistole a cavity search, I have a cattle prod you can borrow. Actually, just go ahead and keep it.

Sheesh. I’m sure glad I don’t fly anywhere. My last flight was over 5 years ago, and of course I was ‘needed’ in the secondary inspection area.

GnuBreed on November 16, 2010 at 11:08 PM

*are doing.

jawkneemusic on November 16, 2010 at 11:08 PM

The ‘Israelification’ of airports: High security, little bother

Connie on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

“Two benign questions. The questions aren’t important. The way people act when they answer them is,” Sela said.

sharrukin on November 16, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Get a clue, America

Shy Guy on November 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Pics of autopsies on the sides of the scanners are called for.

kahall on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

HA!

cynccook on November 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM

This sounds like another “MESSAGING” problem!(sarc)

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM

jawkneemusic on November 16, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Right. And it would create jobs, too. Unfortunately, this admin would probably only employ recent immigrants from the U.A.E., Yemen, etc.

cynccook on November 16, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I don’t know about the radiation thing. A person is exposed to quite a bit more ionizing radiation (the sort that knocks an electron out of its bond with the nucleus of the atom) just flying in the airplane than they are on the ground anyway. The more you fly, the more of this radiation you are exposed to.

I suppose they could put a circular conveyor through one of those things, put a rabbit in a cage, and just let it go through over and over to see if it kills it.

crosspatch on November 16, 2010 at 11:12 PM

GarandFan on November 16, 2010 at 11:01 PM, that’s exactly what Obama wants: the destruction of the airline and its related industries. Related to airlines: hotels, taxi, food, laundry, furniture, cleaning, mechanical repair, lighting, just go down the list.

Obama is hitting all the major areas of the American economy, and the blows are extremely destructive. We cannot afford to not fly. We do that, and we have a communist country in which the government owns us cuz we’ll all be living on the dole.

We have to resist, bring pressure to bear on the airports authorities, on Congress to disband the TSA. We must resist. But, not flying cannot be an option. Our continued freedom depends on our continued use of the airline industry.

No, I don’t work for the airline industry. I just see what Obama is doing to destroy America, and I hate it.

SilentWatcher on November 16, 2010 at 11:12 PM

This 4+ year old article could have been written an hour ago:

Yesterday’s terrorists

Shy Guy on November 16, 2010 at 11:13 PM

So…um..since there was a period where the
Airline Industry was going through ‘adjustments’
to stay alive,with costs and what-not,and now the
TSA is trying to drive that industry towards chapter
11 BankRuptsVille!!

Jus sayin!

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:14 PM

This sounds like another “MESSAGING” problem!(sarc)

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I think your right.

Obama to make special appearance at selected airports to explain it to us.

Electrongod on November 16, 2010 at 11:15 PM

This is insane. I absolutely DO NOT want to fly now, and my boss has just told me that I HAVE to fly to our New York office. I’m considering quitting rather than fly at this point. I don’t know what to do.

wearyman on November 16, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Huh? Does that mean we get to grope them back?

tinkerthinker on November 16, 2010 at 11:16 PM

If a TSA agents feels me up, I’m just gonna confess that I’m smuggling an elephant and “that” is its trunk.

SouthernGent on November 16, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Are the TSA people really enjoying having to touch peoples groins? I suppose they are supposed to be trained professionals but I seriously they are as trained and as professional as police officers. Personally I would hate this job. And hopefully, when I fly next month, I will make some TSA twit really hate his job. I plan to be very accommodating, cooperative, and, while I am batting my eyes and biting my lip, something very awkward situating may, lets say, arise. Getting angry is useless so kill them with kindness. :)

Spectreman on November 16, 2010 at 11:18 PM

My flight is way delayed, so I go to Burger King with Glenn – and all the feds are now off duty and at BK and sneering at us.

Hee hee …I’ve sat many a time in that BK.

I sent in a complaint right about this time last year concerning the women’s restroom in that gate area.

I’ve never in my life seen an airport bathroom that filthy. There was literally paper towels and water covering every inch of the floor. Half the stalls had no TP and a most were so disgusting I nearly passed out from the stench.

I seriously thought the cleaning staff had gone on strike or something.

Not only that, the A/C felt like it was set at 98 degrees. I couldn’t wait to board my plane and get the hell out of there.

Never received a reply back to my letter.

Next time, I’ll sign it with the name “Oprah” or “Katie Couric” …maybe that’ll get a response.

I *HATE* flying thru Vegas. A**hole of the world, if you ask me.

The Ugly American on November 16, 2010 at 11:18 PM

The government has officially jumped the shark!!
Can I get an AMEN?!?!

abobo on November 16, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I’m done. No more flying. I’m retiring.

Mason on November 16, 2010 at 11:18 PM

SouthernGent on November 16, 2010 at 11:17 PM

SouthernGentNice try,they will accuse you have stuffing a
long spouted Tea Pot:)hehe.

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:19 PM

sharrukin on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Won’t work here because it requires a level of intelligence higher than that of a Wal-Mart greeter.

Our TSA is a diversity-jobs program, and the morons are about to be unionized.

slickwillie2001 on November 16, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Excerpts, and it’s my last word on this.

That’s the root of the whole problem isn’t it? These enhanced security measures are a direct result of Muslim terrorists. However, political correctness is putting the entire traveling public in danger. The TSA is not profiling passengers as potential terrorists, but treating everyone like potential terrorists. Random enhanced screening will not suddenly find a passenger with explosives either in their underwear or in their shampoo bottles. Let alone some TSA Agents with questionable judgment in performing their jobs. Like this

Over the past 30 years, the Israeli airline El Al hasn’t had a single terrorist attack either by Muslims, or anyone one else. This Jewish airline has been a target by Muslims terrorists dating back to 1968 and endured repeated attacks by Muslim terrorists. El Al developed a stringent security protocol that employs profiling passengers and that strategy has kept they airline and its passengers safe for three decades.

Homeland Security could take a lesson given the backlash over enhanced security problems. The terrorist only need to strike us once, we have to be forever on the watch. When the underwear bomber tried and failed to detonate his junk package over Detroit, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Incompetano went on television to declare that, “The System Worked“.

If this is an example of the system working, then how would Secretary Napolitano describe the system if the underwear bomber had been successful? Abdulmutallab had successfully boarded a plane from Nigeria and nearly caused a disaster. The system is not working. The system is destroying the Airline Industry, the public’s confidence in government security measures, and making travel as unpleasant as possible.

Instead of being reactive after a terrorist attack, be proactive and profile passengers

The next time you are in an airport, Thank a Muslim

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I was pulled out of line for the scan. I wasn’t even sure what was going on as the TSA lady didn’t say anything to me. Just a tap on the shoulder a point in the direction of the scan. Approaching the scan there was a notice that you could decline and get a pat down. Early morning flight and didn’t want to piss anyone off that could delay me, I went ahead with the scan. When it was over I had to wait about a minute for the agent to get the all clear from someone in his ear piece and that was that. I tried not to visualize what the person would be able to see as I was being scanned.
After hearing about the pat downs I am glad I went with the scan.

tecumsehmom on November 16, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Boondoggle

FloatingRock on November 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Just a thought,if your a private pilot,and say your going to
take your Cessna,Piper for a spin,would you have to video-ta
pe yourself searching yourself,prior to entering your plane,
or I do wonder what the TSA Procedure is on that!(snark).

Yes I know, crazy talk!!

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM

next time I fly I am dressing as a devout orthodox muslim, they will never force a member of the state religion to such degradation.

Daveyardbird on November 16, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I honestly don’t think it’s so much this TSA nonsense as it is the entire flying experience.

When you combine… high fares, baggage fees, seat upgrade fees, early boarding fees, bad customer service, late flights, canceled flights, rude customers, angry flight attendants and lost luggage …it’s a wonder more people don’t flip out.

Flying used to be part of the travel experience

Now it’s just an inconvenient way to get from point A to point B.

The Ugly American on November 16, 2010 at 11:26 PM

This sounds like another “MESSAGING” problem!(sarc)

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Oh, I don`t think so, people sure are understanding that TSA is practicing reading brail on their bodies.

bluemarlin on November 16, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Our TSA is a diversity-jobs program, and the morons are about to be unionized.

slickwillie2001 on November 16, 2010 at 11:21 PM

That unfortunately is probably close to the truth. Like the teachers union the actual reason for their existence becomes secondary to the self-perpetuating power mongering.

sharrukin on November 16, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I am flying soon and I am going to ask for a patdown

Question. Should I

A) pass gas all over the groper
B) scream “oh yeah baby!” as I’m groped
C) offer a $20 to “finish the job”
D) start groping him after he gripes me saying that I got wings from the pilot when I flew as a kid so I am an authority

I would do any of these as I have little limits/dignity and am young enough where it falls under “teen prank” status

picklesgap on November 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM

The ‘Israelification’ of airports: High security, little bother
Connie on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Excellent. HA needs to promote this article.

paul1149 on November 16, 2010 at 11:31 PM

SouthernGent on November 16, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Don`t want to do that, you may go down for a strip search and body cavity search for suspicion of smuggling ivory. You know, they are so thorough now and all!

bluemarlin on November 16, 2010 at 11:32 PM

ould you have to video-tape yourself searching yourself,prior to entering your plane,

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM

It depends, if you take a picture of your junk and send it to TSA, then that’s called SEXting

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:32 PM

picklesgap on November 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM

B

SouthernGent on November 16, 2010 at 11:33 PM

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Ben Franklin

Yeah them old white dudes sure didn’t know squat about modern living. I’m so glad we now live in such an enlightened age.

GnuBreed on November 16, 2010 at 11:34 PM

People start calling the airlines and start canceling tickets. That will get someone’s attention.

Skandia Recluse on November 16, 2010 at 11:34 PM

He wear no bombs in that there.
He got some junk near his derriere.
He got monkey finger.
He shoot Coca Cola (whatever).
TSA say I know you, but you don’t know me.
One thing I can tell you is you got to surrender.
Come together, right now…Over there.

Electrongod on November 16, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Not to put too fine a point on this issue but what are the resolutions for breast implants and tampons? Either could be explosives and to date I haven’t heard of any method to decide the issue. I have also read that Muslim women that have on a burqa will not be scanned or patted down. Aren’t they the reason we are all being subjected to this in the first place? I think Ole Janet N should offer to have her vivid body scan put out for all to see. You also know with the exotic electronic equipment that is available today that it won’t be long till we are watching the good looking chicks go through the scanners while seated in the airport bars. “My God! Look at this one”!

inspectorudy on November 16, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Skandia Recluse on November 16, 2010 at 11:34 PM

That is what I don`t get here. I am so surprised the airlines are not raising he!!.

bluemarlin on November 16, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Connie on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

GREAT ARTICLE

A MUST READ

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Does anyone know what the system is for selecting passengers for the scan? I had heard it was random when the ticket is issued. Anyone know?

d1carter on November 16, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Let’s all be gays and lesbs-trans accepted too on the day you fly. And pls, film for our enjoyment :)

ProudPalinFan on November 16, 2010 at 11:38 PM

d1carter on November 16, 2010 at 11:38 PM

It is claimed to be random but there is evidence that attractive females get ‘randomly’ chosen rather frequently.

sharrukin on November 16, 2010 at 11:41 PM

If we had killed enough jihadis after 9/11, worldwide, and with “extreme prejudice”, we wouldn’t have this problem with security now.

And if we had also refused to invite in hordes of Muslim “students” and “immigrants” (AKA colonizers) and instead had profiled them out of the country as inherently unable to support the Constitution and Bill of Rights (as any proud Muslim will admit if you ask them directly and persistently) we would not need this invasive lunacy.

The real security problem is:

Islam comes first and must dominate.

Secular nations are heresies to Mohammedans which must be destroyed.

Allah wants us converted, submissive or dead.

Until we kill the loons who believe this terroristic ideology enough to act on it, we are self-made pawns in their totalitarian, theocratic chessmatch.

profitsbeard on November 16, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Buy stock in companies setting up telecommuting systems for companies.

Airlines are going to lose a lot of business. And companies can hold meetings from one side of the land to the other over a TV screen.

“So, Mr. HR Person. You’re telling me or my wife to go down to the airport to submit to an unreasonable search? I don’t think so.”

BowHuntingTexas on November 16, 2010 at 11:42 PM

GnuBreed on November 16, 2010 at 11:34 PM

This country’s history has been dealing will this problem since the Barbary wars, they knew and they designed a Constitution that laid it all out. It was….

The Age of Reason

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Like I have written before, I’d like to go back home to PR for Christmas (geez, can I even write that word?) with the kids so they experience summer on that day.

I told them I won’t; PPF Jr. learned tonight thru Internet, vids and images-then pulled out my pocket Constitution. I showed him the 4th Amendment and he is super happy nobody will touch his privates.

ProudPalinFan on November 16, 2010 at 11:43 PM

d1carter on November 16, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Wheel of Fortune

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:44 PM

This sounds like another “MESSAGING” problem!(sarc)

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM
================================

bluemarlin on November 16, 2010 at 11:28 PM

blumarlin: I can envision a White House Live speech,in
which Obama speaks on behalf of the TSA,stating,
“You People” are getting the wrong message,and
maybe the TSA Message hasn’t been expressed pro
perly”!(sarc).

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:45 PM

picklesgap on November 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM

or wear a ‘Depends’ and crap yourself before boarding.
If you cand do that then I say A,B & C.

darwin-t on November 16, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Wheel of Fortune

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:44 PM

With the family jewels as the prize.

Electrongod on November 16, 2010 at 11:46 PM

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM
==============

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Kini:Lol:)

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:48 PM

This is politically correct?

Makes Israeli style profiling not so bad.

Speakup on November 16, 2010 at 11:51 PM

picklesgap on November 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Ask for a Kleenex for your Happy Ending

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:44 PM
==============
With the family jewels as the prize.

Electrongod on November 16, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Electrongod:Or,a HilRod Testicle Lox Box,oh wait,I think I
just might have a new business venture!

How about,

Gentlemen are you tired of having your junk
man-handled at the airport……..

introducing the TSA Depriving HilRod Tested,
secure Junk Lock Box!

TSA won’t be able to “Touch Your Junk”!
(snark):)

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:52 PM

A New Flag.

mizflame98 on November 16, 2010 at 11:53 PM

A New Flag.

mizflame98 on November 16, 2010 at 11:53 PM

mizflame98:LOL,

…and,the RENTS TOO DAM* HIGH TOO:)

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:55 PM

The terrorists have already figured out a way around this, that is why they were doing a test run with the cellphone/watches with the bottles of Pepto Bismal wrapped around them.

I suspect the Bismuth will obscure the scanners, just as it does with regular x-rays.

The scanners and the pat-downs will provide a false sense of security so people can forget about the jihadi threat.

batterup on November 16, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Will Obamas Submit?

d1carter on November 16, 2010 at 11:56 PM

This is the only way to travel

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Mentioning to the TSA groper that you suspect you have HIV and a very active case of the crabs might just enhance his/her groping experience.

Kini, we have progressed from The Age of Reason to The Age of Greasin’.

GnuBreed on November 16, 2010 at 11:59 PM

TSA won’t be able to “Touch Your Junk”!
(snark):)

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Can’t Touch This

Kini on November 16, 2010 at 11:59 PM

A New Flag.

mizflame98 on November 16, 2010 at 11:53 PM

That’s about as far as I will go…a flag. Actually implementing this could have undesirable repercussions; if you and the snake are not on the same page.

Electrongod on November 17, 2010 at 12:00 AM

introducing the TSA Depriving HilRod Tested,
secure Junk Lock Box!

TSA won’t be able to “Touch Your Junk”!
(snark):)

canopfor on November 16, 2010 at 11:52 PM

As long as it has the Universal Connector, the EPA will approve.

Electrongod on November 17, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Will Obamas Submit?

d1carter on November 16, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Is Obama a Muslim?

MeatHeadinCA on November 17, 2010 at 12:02 AM

OT good news — Bean beaned by Walsh in IL……

Count it!

GnuBreed on November 17, 2010 at 12:04 AM

d1carter on November 16, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Or as my wife put it, “in some cultures I would be married to my screener by now.” She was joking, but make no mistake — my wife was incredibly disturbed by how intimate a security pat down she received.

That’s the Ticket! Tell the screener, that they’ll be a great wife, husband, or significant other

Then tell everyone going through security, “We just got Married”

Kini on November 17, 2010 at 12:05 AM

“SaintGeorgeGentile on November 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM”

Hey cool! I was a St. George Gentile, too. Dixie High ’75.

KS Rex on November 17, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Wanna know what will make you REALLY MAD?

While all this citizenraping is done in the name of “SECURITY”………… Obama is pushing through AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS during the lame duck session!

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY

picklesgap on November 17, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Is Obama a Muslim?

MeatHeadinCA on November 17, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Obama and et al will show up in burkas, hence they go right on thru.

Electrongod on November 17, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Groping tips from Reno911

SouthernGent on November 17, 2010 at 12:08 AM

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY

picklesgap on November 17, 2010 at 12:05 AM

More Repeals come January

Kini on November 17, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Groping tips from Reno911

SouthernGent on November 17, 2010 at 12:08 AM

LINK!!

SouthernGent on November 17, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Obama and et al will show up in burkas, hence they go right on thru.

Electrongod on November 17, 2010 at 12:06 AM

That’s not a burqa he wears… yeah, when he was writing Dreams of My Father, he was thinking of this: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/01/26/1138066897789.html

MeatHeadinCA on November 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM

GnuBreed on November 16, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Throw in Herpes, Hep-C and bleeding boils and you’ve got the perfect solution that even blue gloves would cringe from

Kini on November 17, 2010 at 12:12 AM

LINK!!

SouthernGent on November 17, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I want Clementine to grope me!

MeatHeadinCA on November 17, 2010 at 12:14 AM

How about requiring all passengers to go through an FBI background and security check before they are given their U. S. passports and tourist visas and then require everyone to get a passport or a visa in order to come into the U.S. or fly around the U.S. as a citizen? No FBI check; no flying. Too intrusive? I’m surprised these un-American jerks running TSA haven’t thought of it. Maybe that’s next.

Mae on November 17, 2010 at 12:15 AM

I heard yesterday on the radio that all the education you are required to have to be a TSA agent is a high school diploma. YIKES!

fbcmusicman on November 17, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Comply with me, before you fly away
Remove those shoes and take a cruise
Through my peekaboo X-ray
Comply with me, I’m your friendly TSA

Iowahawk

Kini on November 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Do the screeners change gloves after each passenger? So they touch someone in front of you whose going Commando or is a little moist and you get to wear that on your clothes the whole trip, etc etc. Lovely.

I may have to bring extra clothes so that I can strip those off in the bathroom and put something “unpatted” on.

journeyintothewhirlwind on November 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Now playing in airports across America: Security Theater – The Knee-Jerk Reaction.

redwhiteblue on November 17, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I don’t understand why they can’t just use bomb sniffing dogs? If they can sniff explosives in a closed car, can’t they find them up your crack?

ramrants on November 17, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I would pay money to see Obama submit to this.

picklesgap on November 17, 2010 at 12:28 AM

I would pay money to see Obama submit to this.

picklesgap on November 17, 2010 at 12:28 AM

What? A dog sniffing his crotch or a TSA guy?

Kini on November 17, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I’ve been pretty understanding about airport security measures. I get why they’re needed, blah blah…

But this? I haven’t been able to wrap my head around it; the idea of both the “show-all” scanners and the enhanced pat-downs frankly creep me out. And even worse is that I don’t know if I can avoid it: I have to fly to China and Japan in the next few months. If I’m confronted with the decision I’m not quite sure what I’ll decide to do. Right now I’m leaning towards the pat-down since it would be done by another female, and there wouldn’t be some naked x-ray photo of me out there for some unknown (probably male) TSA agent to either gawk at/make fun of. To be frank, at this point in my life (early 20s), only my female doctor has seen my body. The next person ain’t about to be some TSA goon.

KellyBomelly on November 17, 2010 at 12:32 AM

In some parts of the world, that activity would make you life-long partners.

/Yeah, easy for him to say. He’s not subjecting himself to what would be called sexual harassment in any other setting except for a felony arrest. Scratch that, felony arrest with probable cause

AZfederalist on November 17, 2010 at 12:36 AM

I remember the old days.

Smoking in Airports. Waiting at the gate for our loved ones. Bring our OWN food and drink with us… alcholic varying in a container.

Lets freaking face it, the terrorists won almost 10 years ago.

I miss the old days.