Dumb new “scandal”: Tea partiers are rigging “Dancing with the Stars” for Bristol Palin or something

posted at 10:20 pm on November 16, 2010 by Allahpundit

I couldn’t possibly care less if they are, but the fact that some people do care — enough to warrant a seven-minute segment on “Good Morning America” — fills me with glee. I used to think the left wanted Palin to win the GOP nomination because they suspect they’d have an easier time against her in the general election, but now I think maybe they prefer her simply for content reasons. What on earth would they talk about if the Palins went away?

Tonight was the semifinals on DWTS, by the way. If you’re curious to know which one of the final four was sent home, you’ll find the answer here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I have been tracking this show all season. I have been telling my wife that while Bristol is not the best dancer, she would make it to the finals because of her mother more then anything else. She tells me I am nuts. Now I have been proven correct (for a change).

I think that this is an early indicator of the American public optinion of the Palins in general. I will no longer pay attention to the polls that show Sarah Palin losing in the 2012 to anyone. Go Sarah!

mechkiller_k on November 17, 2010 at 9:59 AM

But when I was looking at her in the wild (hope this isn’t too off-topic) I just wondered why she’d want to leave that beauty and come to the swamp that is DC.
I mean, I know what she’d say about the calling and everything, and that’s all fine and good, but she’d be leaving all of that beauty and what she is so comfortable in to go to the den of vipers.

I guess she’s that kind of person tho.
I do want her to be the next president, but if she decided not to run, I would absolutely understand why.

B Man on November 17, 2010 at 9:52 AM

why did all those people sign up to go overseas and fight for their country? Love of country is still within some people.

unseen on November 17, 2010 at 10:00 AM

(Then again, I am quite the reality tv junkie, so…)

Bee on November 17, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Me too. Tool Academy, Cheaters and Cops are ones I have watched sometimes. My wife, ever the more practical one, just shakes her head…
I was so “shocked” to see a youtube clip from Cheaters where they accidentally showed someone holding cue cards…

Bradky on November 17, 2010 at 10:01 AM

*training* (so much for preview…)

Miss_Anthrope on November 17, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Miss_Anthrope on November 17, 2010 at 9:55 AM

What you’re saying applies to musicians too.
It’s not just about technical prowess, it’s also much more about feeling and conveying that emotion to your audience.

You can keep perfect time with the best of them, but if you are robotic in your playing, it comes off colder.

That feel is a very important part. If people are -for lack of a better word- entralled by Bristol’s performance that is a big plus for her in spite of her lack of experience.

Of course wanting to make and keep liberals mad is a part too I think.

B Man on November 17, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Sort of like the reaction to Obama saying to sit in the back of the car that was morphed to a racial undertone as he was incorrectly quoted as saying “back of the bus”. Fox ran with it like wildfire.

Bradky on November 17, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Yes they did and like this I knew it for what it was. Did Obama make it for a racial statement no. But he didn’t have to. I wish the quote was not morphed because the simple fact is that a President of the UNITED states saying half the population must sit in the back and have no say in their countries future is enough of a slap in the face. They didn’t need to go down the racial trip infact it would have been more powerful if they didn’t. Then the left wouldn’t have had the talking point to refute his entire statement and make it appear less. Infact combining the sit in the back and punish your enemies would have been a devastating attack on the POTUS before the election. If used correctly.

usally when any talking point is astroturfed it loses its power. Be it this “scandel’ or hte back of the bus crap.

unseen on November 17, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Bradky on November 17, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Have to say I’m not familiar with the first two, although COPS was a guilty pleasure when I was younger. They were trailblazers!

Now, I love Top Chef, Project Runway, Who’s Wedding is it Anyway, My Fair Wedding, Hell’s Kitchen (*shame*), Biggest Loser (*doubleshame*), Design Star, Teen Mom, Bachelor/ette, Dating in the Dark, er…the list is extensive. (And I need to stop outing myself like this.)

Bee on November 17, 2010 at 10:13 AM

So Like i said your points do not add up.

unseen on November 17, 2010 at 9:56 AM

But they do.

Before I look at ideology or issues, I start with one single question: if I were a member of a board hiring for a CEO position, and I saw this person’s resume – would they get an interview?

For Palin, the answer is clearly no. For Obama, the answer is clearly no. And we’re certainly paying for that one. And I think that many folks who ignored the issue of experience are now regretting their votes.

Obviously, I like Governor Palin. She has enormous potential. In 15-20 years, with the right kind of experience and a proven track record? Sure.

Now? Not even close. If I couldn’t honestly see myself hiring someone for a CEO position of a large, complex organization, I can’t support them for the CEO position of the largest, most complex organization on Earth.

Personally, I don’t really see how someone could argue otherwise with a straight face. Palin – like Obama – isn’t currently even close. I always start without the partisan blinders on; ideology comes second to expertise.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like her. I’d much rather see her run in 2024 – and succeed – than try it now and fail.

Your mileage may vary.

(shrug)

Of course, if she runs against the only candidate from 2008 with even less experience than she has, its pretty safe to say she’ll have my vote.

———————-

As for DWTS, for what its worth I don’t think Bristol’s success has much to do with her mother. I think people genuinely like her. And there’s a lot to like.

Professor Blather on November 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Miss_Anthrope on November 17, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I, too, danced from toddlerhood to High School…although my path drifted more toward musical theater than dance and I haven’t studied many of the dances represented on the show, honestly. Thanks for your perspective! What did you think of Bristol’s paso doble? The first time I saw it, it seemed stiff…the second time I watched, it looked much better.

I could be biased, though. Was it good technique?

Bee on November 17, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I’m working on being the only American to not watch a single minute of Survivor, The Bachelor, DWTS, Biggest Loser, or The Kardashians. Won’t watch Sarah Palin’s Alaska either.

TV is a wasteland.

rockmom on November 17, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Sorry, rockmom, you’ll never gain that title as long as I’m breathing.

Gang-of-One on November 17, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Bee on November 17, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Love Hell’s Kitchen! Amongst many others…too many to list here…

ladyingray on November 17, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Professor Blather on November 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Always enjoy your posts, Blather.

Plus, deep down we all want Fred! anyway.

TexasDan on November 17, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Bristol, I understand. But, what explains how Kyle Massey is in, while Brandy is out?

littleguy on November 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Professor Blather on November 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM

you wouldn’t hire her?

Funny thing is that SP has a history of making her own way which is pretty telling in itself

The difference between Obama and her are glaring

while Obama is a product made by those around him, SP is a selfmade, self motivated success

it’s too bad that you would miss such an example of autonomy and character

Sonosam on November 17, 2010 at 10:25 AM

ladyingray on November 17, 2010 at 10:21 AM

(Forgot Top Gear, although I’m nervous about this Friday’s US debut.)

It’s pretty much the only tv I watch anymore aside from the Big Bang Theory and Dexter.

Bee on November 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Professor Blather on November 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM

IMO no man or woman is anywhere close to ready for POTUS until they are at least 55. That at least gives plenty of time to gain the type of experience you talked about. I don’t have any particular person in mind that I’d prefer at this point but I’d rather have a “competent” ceo such as Bush Sr who may not be terribly exciting but can get the job done. Bush jr, Clinton, and Obama were all young when elected and it showed – some more than others. I liked Bush but some of his tactical mistakes were a result of his youth imo.

Bradky on November 17, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Bee on November 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Bazinga!!! :D

ladyingray on November 17, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Get a life, George.

Blake on November 17, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Every single season of this show there is always someone who makes it to the finals who doesn’t deserve to, simply because of fan voting. This year, it happens to be Bristol Palin. There’s no conspiracy this year just as there wasn’t any conspiracy reaching all the way back to the second season when Jerry Rice finished over Stacy Keibler.

And yes, I’m still bitter about that one…

Sir Corky on November 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Professor Blather on November 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM

so you wouldn’t hire someone who turned a bottomline from a negative profit to a positive profit, who opened up new avenues of revenues streams for their compnay, who cut waste, who paid off their bank loans (cut earmarks) who fully funded and made a trust to ensure your workers were well eduacted productive workers, Who was able to renegotatied a deal on your basevproduct with their suppliers to increase the revenue to the company while earning 80-90% approaval from the worker bees?

I see remind me to never work for a company you run. and furthernmore most companies have a lot less than an $11billion budget and employ less people. Most fortune 500 companies have less of a budget and less people than the state of AK.

Again she showed competentace as Gov of AK. The budget was in the black, the revs grew, the programs were funded for future growth, the foundation for future revs were started in the pipeline and the state weened itself off of the Fed gov teet becoming more self suffienct. If you would not hire a person that showed those results for your CEO you do not deserve to be on a board.

unseen on November 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Sir Corky on November 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Yep. That story still has legs. Err…uhhh…never mind.

kingsjester on November 17, 2010 at 10:54 AM

“Bristol Palin” is now the number 1 search on Google, Bing and Yahoo.

I am sure these dumbass lefties believe that also is because of some Tea Party Conspiracy…LOL

Norwegian on November 16, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Awesome! Bristol lockin in the under thirty vote for mom, (except for Meghan MC)!
With this generations vote locked in Pinnochio will be lucky to win just one of his 57 states in 12!

I have an idea for the spawn of Mcbeth how about “Biggest Loser” for Meghan?

dhunter on November 17, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Not hiring Sarah Palin would be acting stupidly.

SurferDoc on November 17, 2010 at 10:56 AM

And yes, I’m still bitter about that one…

Sir Corky on November 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM

yeah, life has been downhill since Fantasia won American Idol! *I kid*

Bradky on November 17, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Miss_Anthrope on November 17, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Interesting.

the_nile on November 17, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Well…I suppose if you are already accustomed to blaming others for results you don’t like, this is just par for the course.

zoyclem on November 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM

So many silly comments it was hard to figure out which to respond to but the following 2 deserve special recognition.

This is going backfire on poor Bristol. She is being used, and no one is going ot take her success seriously.…..
swamp_yankee on November 17, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I almost feel sorry for her. She’s too stupid to know why she is still there, but then she doesn’t care. All she wants is attention, to be a celebrity, just like the rest of her family. None of them are smart enough to understand the pitfalls of overexposure. Sure, the rightwing Hot Airheads love all things Palin, but the majority of the country is fast getting sick of them.

Odds are Bristol will win, and I hope she enjoys her undeserved trophy. She and her family may or may not suffer blowback as a result of the manipulation, but ABC and DWTS are sure to regret their decision to invite her on the show. I don’t feel sorry for them, they could have put a stop to it. The judges know what is going on. But I do feel bad for the other competitors who have worked hard and battled injuries only to lose out to the darling of the rightwing.

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Does anyone really think who ends up winning DWTS is important? So Bristol won’t be able to proudly put winning DWTS on her resume? Damn – I guess that means there won’t be a Broadway show for her after all.

And what portion of the world is going to be part of a blowback? The people who have already bashed her for being an unwed mother? The people who call her moter stupid and a quitter? The people who laughed when Letterman joked about her?

I imagine ABC and DWTS are quire pleased with their decision to have her on the program. What part of – they’re getting attention they didn’t get before from people who had never wayched the show – is too hard to understand. The TV people don’t care about who wins – they want viewers for their commercials. We’re not talking about deciding on admission to Juilliard. We’re talking about a TV show where most of the contestants are quasi-has-beens. Are we really supposed to pretend that the average viewer knows anything about competence of dancers and isn’t just voting for who they like?

katiejane on November 17, 2010 at 11:35 AM

katiejane on November 17, 2010 at 11:35 AM

From the left’s reaction to this it is becoming appearent that they understand unlike the conservatives how important tpop culture is. Think about the last time it was “cool” to be a conservative, to love one’s country, to love its ideals on which it was founded. the last time I can think of the conservative being the “cool” thing was the 1980′s and even then you had liberals throwing peanuts form the sidelines. They thought they had “won” the culture war in the 90′s and 00′s they thought they had convinced the population thatr it was cool to be a slut, a homosexual, a hater of America, a drug user and beer drinker. now along comes Bristol and to a certain extent SPAK and the liberals are understandign the war they thought they had won is now breakign out again.

and that is the reason for the hate form the left over DWTS and Bristol.

unseen on November 17, 2010 at 11:46 AM

oh by the way the Bristol thing is now linked at drudge report in the middle of the screen. Drudge thinks its a big deal also.

unseen on November 17, 2010 at 11:48 AM

ABC will be very happy, I’m sure, when no one will come on their show anymore. Why compete in good faith if the votes can be rigged? Most of those contestants work very hard and put in long hours of practice, “quasi has beens” or not.

Bristol isn’t even that. She’s a dim bulb who has done nothing in life but get knocked up by someone even dumber than she is, and now is trying to get attention any way she can. The fact that the rightwing who worships her mother would create dozens of fake e-mail addresses just so they can vote for this fat, talentless celebrity wannabe is pathetic.

Palin nuts boasting that they voted 300 times? And you wonder why the sane moderates in this country think Sarah, her dysfunctional family and the sheeple who adore them are nothing more than a very unfunny joke?

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

So, wait, let me get this right. Now voting is no longer voting when Tea Party people do it? It’s “rigging” when Tea Partiers do it?

So it goes something like this: Unions vote, Tea Parties Rig?

Sure. Sure.

dczombie on November 17, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Let me ask you a question. what happens if ABc figures out that the leftwing nuts are the vast MINORITY in this country. Since DWTS is seeing its biggest ratings in its history it stands to reason your view is the MINORITY> Or less people agree with you. why should the minority control the majority. that is not how our system is set up. Minorities are protected but that is a far cry from being the rulers. the left wing is the small subset they have just happened to have the loudest voices and smartly took over the levers of power to leverage their small voice into a big megaphone. Now with the web and the fac tthat those small minoirties no longer have a lock on the megaphone conservatives are reclaiming their culture deal with it.

unseen on November 17, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Awww, ballot stuffing? Voting multiple times? The shame of it all!

Three words. Senator Al Franken

SurferDoc on November 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Oh please. Has-beens won’t perform for money. The ruination of drivel. /s

Are you saying that you KNOW Bristol didn’t work very hard and practice?

katiejane on November 17, 2010 at 12:10 PM

What’s up Professor Blather?

~B

Brian on November 17, 2010 at 12:13 PM

rush is talking about this now.

unseen on November 17, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Bristol wins b/c people vote for her. Brandi lost b/c not enough people voted for her…I know this is hard to follow but try and keep up trolls.

Brian on November 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

My my my such hatred for a girl who was ASKED to be on the show – she didn’t go begging. If ABC didn’t want her to win – they should have never asked her on in the first place.

Posts like this make me want her to win even more.

gophergirl on November 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Gosh someone is eating bitter flakes this morning. Why do you feel the need to run around opining on how stupid other people are? It’s a celebrity dance show. Stop taking it (and yourself) so seriously and maybe check the ego now and then.

alwaysfiredup on November 17, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Hahaha.

I hope there are Dancing with the Stars crisis centers set up in liberal cities across the country.

It’s funny to watch the same people who make stars out of dozens of talentless celebrities each year, react with righteous indignation over a Palin getting a little attention.

I have to admit, it’s a brilliant move by ABC.

I tell ya what, I’ll even watch your little dance off if you can book Michelle Malkin next year. Think about it, Disney. We’re talking Super Bowl type ad prices. Liberal heads exploding, countless news stories and attention.

reaganaut on November 17, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Wow, lots of vein-popping rage for something that’s such a joke!

littleguy on November 17, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Deep breaths Meredith! wow.

Brian on November 17, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I don’t even have to argue with you. I can just sit here and enjoy the tantrum you throw because the Palins live rent-free inside your head, and apparently you’re powerless to cope.

It is quite funny, actually.

Also, in general seeing the left complain about poll-stuffing is hilarious, it’s like they think the fans are violating their patent on it or something.

Merovign on November 17, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I watched the clip and that dude Bristol is dancing with seems QUITE smitten with her. Anyone else notice this?? She is a beautiful girl.

Ris4victory on November 17, 2010 at 12:26 PM

This:

Brian on November 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM

unlisted on November 17, 2010 at 12:29 PM

My cousin told them there is a movement starting to boycott thwe show if she wins. ABC has a major headache coming up as the boycotters are regular/longtime young viewers in that prized demographic and the voters are allot of old coots who generally do not watch the show.

Good luck to ABC, they may need it.

AprilOrit on November 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Whoops – meant to write my cousin told me…

AprilOrit on November 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Good luck to ABC, they may need it.

AprilOrit on November 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM

You’re kiding me, right?

littleguy on November 17, 2010 at 12:45 PM

AprilOrit on November 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Well my uncle told me that they are so happy with Bristol they are goingt to buycott ABC and boycott the boycotters. So there. [sticks out tongue]

/s

Gosh people are so childish about this!

alwaysfiredup on November 17, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Man Shoots TV Over Bristol Palin Dancing

Meredith, take your meds.

I watch DWTS mainly for the eye candy. The contest has a big “popularity” conponent to it, with talent often being secondary.

Based on talent, Bristol shouldn’t win, Jennifer should. But I was happy seeing her make it past the first four rounds or so, and last night, OMG, I LOL’d at the result, knowing it pisses off ALL the right people (including my mother and sisters). And if she wins next Tuesday, I will ROFLMAO!

…but of course, if she doesn’t win, Sarah can’t win the presidency.

/s

ornery_independent on November 17, 2010 at 12:49 PM

the voters are allot of old coots who generally do not watch the show.

AprilOrit on November 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM

ABC may be happy with broadening their fan base. Young voters tend to be fickle anyway so who knows if they’d be around much longer anyway. All ABC wiould need to do is have some hot guy on next year and those blithering young viewers would come flocking back. When you’re 16 anything that happened last year is ancient history.

katiejane on November 17, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I watched the clip, and I’m honestly still trying to figure out the “scandal” part of it.

Is it that conservatives are actually ALLOWED to vote?
Is it that conservatives play by the same VOTING RULES?
Is it that conservatives like Bristol and her family and vote their preference?
Is it that liberal journalists manufacture a scandal because conservative voting impacts a choice?

What exactly am I supposed to be surprised at, other than Stephanopolous can act like that big of an ass (also known as a Democrat)?

dominigan on November 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Good luck to ABC, they may need it.

AprilOrit on November 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Oh buffalo chips. Bristol has brought many, many new viewers to the show, and it is experiencing it’s highest ratings ever. Lib Tom Bergeron is laughing all the way to the bank.

Sit n spin on it!

ornery_independent on November 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I was soirry to see Brandy go and think Kyle Massey would have been a better choice for elimination. But oh well. Go Bristol!

[and fyi Allahpundit, these damn ads are causing problems reading and commenting on your site. Try less Flash please!]

alwaysfiredup on November 17, 2010 at 12:52 PM

…When you’re 16 anything that happened last year is ancient history.

katiejane on November 17, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Um, make that last week.

ornery_independent on November 17, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

That’s why people don’t like her? Because some of her supporters are nuts? People fainted in Obama’s presence. This is beyond lame. For years now we’ve had to see Obama’s face on every single TV show that will have him and even comic books, and now that a Palin gets TV time, the hyper libs are going nuts.

Seriously, you need to get a life, assuming that’s at all possible.

Too bad our better trolls stopped taking their meds and got banned. This one’s just unhinged.

Esthier on November 17, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I was sorry to see Brandy go and think Kyle Massey would have been a better choice for elimination. But oh well. Go Bristol!

alwaysfiredup on November 17, 2010 at 12:52 PM

That’s why I don’t get the controversy — Brandy couldn’t beat out Kyle, much less Bristol. I’d much prefer to watch Brandy dance than Kyle, but go figure!

littleguy on November 17, 2010 at 1:00 PM

dim bulb…even dumber than she is…fat…talentless…pathetic…dysfunctional…sheeple

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Let me guess. You fancy yourself “intellectually curious” do you?

Heh, I now know where Bill Clinton gets his votes, among women. The kind of woman attracted to a serial molester/accuaed rapist. Thank you Meredith for the enlightenment.

MNHawk on November 17, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Um, AP, why didn’t you tell us that the clip you posted was more Erin Andrews than Stephanopulazz?! Erin couldn’t have been more gracious to Bristol. She got screwed on DWTS too, IMO.

ornery_independent on November 17, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Bazinga!!! :D

ladyingray on November 17, 2010 at 10:43 AM

You know who we should ask about this controversy?

#walks across the hall#

knock, knock , knock – “Penny”.
knock, knock , knock – “Penny”.
knock, knock , knock“Penny”.

mechkiller_k on November 17, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Poor little Trollettes.

kingsjester on November 17, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Let me guess. You fancy yourself “intellectually curious” do you?
MNHawk on November 17, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Having a temper tantrum about a reality show vs intellectually curious. Is that an oxymoron?

katiejane on November 17, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Bee on November 17, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Well, I missed last night due to extenuating circumstances, so had to (quietly) look at it today.

I thought it looked stiffer the first time too, but that may have to do with hiding the video!

I loved it…I could see the emotion & passion. Were there some issues I had? Sure…but that do more with the perception of a ballerina judging a Latin/ballroom number.

But I could still tell that she did a really good job, and that she has improved.

I swear, when Audrina tried emitting ‘passion’ & ‘anger’ in her last performance, she just looked constipated. She seems sweet & happy, but most performance art is deppressing & angry. Not a good fit.

Miss_Anthrope on November 17, 2010 at 1:24 PM

AARGH!

*that do* should be *that had to do*

Miss_Anthrope on November 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Hey Meredith,
What if this were one of the OBlahBLah girls getting the votes?

I bet you and old Tingle legs Matthews would be positively orgasmic over the endless talent the spawn of a halfblack, jug earred, wannabe dictator, epic failure of a lyin sack of…., Presidential fool and fraud was showing week to week on a mindless excursion into time wasting on the idiot tube!

Translation:
you and the other libtard fools would be peein yourselves to get out da vote!

dhunter on November 17, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

You cannot vote 300 times Meredith. Each phone line is limited, as are the registered voting online.

Again, you are one hateful B1tch.

portlandon on November 17, 2010 at 1:33 PM

You give them way too much credit. Oh, the left will swear up and down that they want Palin to be the nominee, but the truth will come out here and in other places. They absolutely hate her. And they’re afraid of her, because no matter how much they think she can’t be elected, they thought the same about Reagan and watched him serve two terms.

The truth comes out when there is no political advantage to attacking Palin and they do it anyway. The literally can’t help themselves.

tom on November 17, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Actually you can vote 300 times, by voting with false email accounts. Here’s the thing though, power voting has been around for seasons, way before Palin came on. The people complaining now weren’t complaining then.

Power voting is nothing new to these shows. Do I think there are conservatives who are helping her? Absolutely. Look to Tammy Bruce and HillBuzz just to name too. The haters just can’t stand that people are voting for Bristol. Its at that point where they want to stop the public voting.

Or, they say the judges scores were too high for Bristol (who is not a good dancer, to be honest). However, I can turn around and say that better dancers are underscored and worse dancers are overscored too, and that is patently the case. Then, there is the favoritism showed when certain dancers always get the ringers, certain dancers are given way more leeway than others.

Reading some of the comments on forums such as Television Without Pity is frustrating and funny. Most of the haters clearly hate her for being Sarah’s daughter.

For me, I think the point has been made. She really shouldn’t win. However, I don’t think Jennifer should win either. I think all the Palin voters should vote for Kyle. He has truly grown the most and is a nice guy. That way, Bristol won’t have to live winning down the rest of her life and Jennifer and Derek won’t win.

Darksean on November 17, 2010 at 1:54 PM

These shows make their money by ratings. People tune in to see Bristol. It is vote for your favorite dancers, not vote for who you think is the best dancer.

She is an asset to the show and she comports herself well. People should just get over it.

Blake on November 17, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Meredith… low quality troll. Reminds me a lot of getalife.
Hmmmmm…
Could it be?????
Whaddaya thimk?

either orr on November 17, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Bristol is still in it because America loves an underdog–someone who is nice, shy, tries hard, though maybe not the best. That is the “drama” of this show–how people who’ve lost it (Jennifer Gray) and people who never had it (Bristol Palin) try to do these performances as best they can and improve at it week to week. There is manipulation by the judges and the audience. That’s what keeps the ratings (frankly, unbelievably) high. In case anyone hadn’t noticed, in general, the audience will eliminate people they just don’t like all that much (smug, rude, tasteless)regardless of their performances, while the judges engender even greater audience support for the nice underdogs by not giving them much credit. There may have been a little Sarahcudaism in it at the start, but for a while now, it’s been about a clutzy, demure, average height/weight/looking, young American girl hanging in against the odds. Exactly how fair was it to pit professional musical/dance entertainers Brandy and Jennifer Gray against contact sport athletes, Bristol Palin, et al. anyway. It’s dim to make this into something it’s not. BTW, just to F with “them,” everyone use all your votes for Bristol next time!

Ay Uaxe on November 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM

But if Sarah Palin fans are voting for Bristol just because they like Sarah…that’s nuts. You are supposed to vote for who think is the best dancer….not whose mother you like best.

terryannonline on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Bristol has gotten support from multiple fronts. There’s a website out there with a rabid group of followers called VoteForTheWorst.com dedicated to jacking with the results of all of these “vote for your favorite” type shows.

They were pushing HEAVILY for their users to vote for Bristol, and they are now claiming credit for having helped put her through to the finals.

Different people vote in these things for different reasons. That’s why they make a point of telling people that if they want their favorites to stick around, they have to vote to support them. Not because they are the best, but because they are that person’s favorite.

Some people like underdogs. Some people like folks who show significant improvement. Some people like others who share their same values, as they see a reflection of themselves in that person.

All are valid reasons to vote for that favorite in shows like this.

And yes, some folks (like VoteForTheWorst) just like to pitch a spanner into the works to see what happens.

If they wanted to find the best dancer purely on technical merit, they wouldn’t throw the decision open to random viewers. All of the scores would come from highly qualified experts who know the intricacies of dancing inside and out.

It’s not “vote for the best dancer”. It’s “vote for the contestant you like the most”… whatever your reason is.

VekTor on November 17, 2010 at 3:38 PM

And for all of those upset that Brandi lost while she is so much better of a dancer than Bristol… Brandi got less votes that Kyle, too.

Kyle’s not a better dancer than Brandi, either. But Brandi has spent this entire season (and Maks as well) exuding a sense of entitlement.

Perhaps America has had their fill of the entitlement mentality.

Brandi lost because not enough people thought well enough of her (over the others) to vote for Brandi instead of the others. So she lost. It doesn’t matter how “good a dancer” you are if you tick people off in this kind of format.

Kyle and Bristol make people feel good when watching them. Brandi and Maks, not so much. And that’s why (I believe) you got that result last night.

VekTor on November 17, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Well, my problem with Brandy, despite her career as a ‘professional’ entertainer, was her obvious lack of classical training. When one has been trained in a particular style of dance, it is much more difficult for them to adapt to distinctly different forms of dance.

Brandy has NO classical training that I can determine. She was raised in a singing family, and attended LA’s magnet school for that purpose (magnets do not allow you to pursue multiple disciplines in performing arts…one encompasses your entire school day).

In addition, Brandy’s dancing experience is in hip-hop, a completely different style from either ballet or ballroom, both of which require fluidity of movement.

Because she is crossing over to a danceform with which she’s unfamiliar and untrained, I thought she sucked. (But then I can spot flaws in prima ballerinas performing for the Kirov and the Bolshoi…yes, I am telling the truth.)

I saw no real technical errors committed by Brandy, but I saw absolutely no fluidity in movement, nor any real emotion exhibited in her performances.

I thought I detected, however, a bit of an attitude, as if her hip-hop experience automatically ‘qualified’ her as Best In Show for a ballroom dancing competition.

As someone who declined an opportunity to pursue a career in ballet to pursue multiple interests, I can recognize which competitors exhibit the ability to improve and truly relate to an audience. Bristol has it, Brandy doesn’t.

Besides, it’s much more fun to watch someone enjoying themselves. Brandy just looked pissy the whole time.

Miss_Anthrope on November 17, 2010 at 3:50 PM

terryannonline on November 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I didn’t realize that was one of the rules that people contractually agree to when they vote.

You should contact California Attorney General Jerry Brown to investigate this fraud… I’m sure he’d be happy to open an investigation into another Palin. Or he could push for penalties to be stiffened once he’s sworn in as Governor.

Or, since the voting is done over the phone (and apaprently the internet), maybe this abomination should be referred to Eric Holder.

malclave on November 17, 2010 at 4:21 PM

TV is a wasteland.

rockmom on November 17, 2010 at 8:40 AM

You’ll have company. My family watched “Biggest Loser” – once – when we caught it channel-surfing. Must’ve just been a really good episode.

Not even the cartoons are worth watching nowadays. Heck I’m not even 25 and I can remember when Cartoon Network was actually funny.

Dark-Star on November 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Doesn’t take rocket science to know that people vote for her because she is Sarah Palin’s daughter because it sure has not been for talent by all accounts but in the long run it has made more people digusted with the show and with Palin. The idea that Palin puts her family in the spotlight time after time, but people are not supposed to comment is ludicrous. Kids are not off limits when they are front and center like Palin has done with her children. It is not something most parents would do, but then if my kids had ever posted like her two daughters did on Facebook, there would have been trouble in our home.

Anytime you are going to have the fans watching vote, the most talented are most likely to be voted off so their favorite can win no matter who it is.

Personally think it is a dumb show for people to get so worked up about on either side.

PhiKapMom on November 17, 2010 at 4:54 PM

And the real joke here is — who is a major constituency that watch the show and vote for Bristol?

Gays. Specifically gay men.

SunSword on November 17, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Gays. Specifically gay men.

SunSword on November 17, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Pray tell, Einstein, from where did you come up with this information?

silvernana on November 17, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Bristol had a nice run. She proved a lot, had a good experience. Now, its time to move on.

swamp_yankee on November 17, 2010 at 12:21 AM

What a bunch of delusional and syrupy claptrap. Of course it’s the rightwingers who are keeping Bristol on the show. Instructions were given out on conservative sites on how to cast the maximum number of votes for her. She’s overweight, she can’t dance, and the judges have had her at the bottom of the board 7 out of 11 weeks. Why else would anyone vote to keep her around?

Meredith on November 17, 2010 at 12:30 AM

That much bile can’t taste good.

tom on November 17, 2010 at 7:45 PM

That much bile can’t taste good.

tom on November 17, 2010 at 7:45 PM

mizflame98 on November 17, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I say “vote early and vote often.” lol

Seriously, after all this hatred and attacks on the Palins, now I definitely want her to win on Tuesday. Just to annoy the liberals. Before I was just happy she got in the finals.

Reporter with a microphone Tuesday night: “Bristol Palin, you’ve just won Dancing With the Stars. What will you do now?”

Bristol: “I’m going to WASHINGTON!” (with my Mom.)

LOL How delicious.

Elisa on November 18, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Liberals aren’t disciplined enough to organize or follow through on a boycott of a show or it’s sponsors. They will watch the show now more than ever.

I’m sure ABC isn’t worried. They must think they died and went to heaven having Bristol on the show and getting all this free publicity.

and the other finalists, including Brandy, should also be grateful for the publicity they are getting. People will now watch Brandy and Jennifer and Kyle next thing they do, who otherwise wouldn’t have cared or watched.

Elisa on November 18, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Just some info to keep handy for Monday:

OK, I’ve never watched the show. Never will. But the day or night before someone needs to tell us how and when to vote Bristol.

Marcus on November 16, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Yea I don’t even know how to vote!
Its one of those txt things isn’t it?
But if theres’ any possible way to vote besides drivin there I’m gonna just to piss off the Libtard jackasses that hate the Palins so much that the Palins live rent free in their small little brains!

dhunter on November 16, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Register online with ABC, it’s very easy (link below). Then you can vote online 5 times Monday night. The show is on Monday from 8:00 – 9:11PM (Eastern time). On Tuesday, the finale is on from 8:00-11:00PM. But I don’t think viewers can vote on Tuesday’s final dance, only the judges. But Sarah will probably be in the audience, as she’s been several weeks. If you want to watch Tuesday and see what happens.

Here is the link for the website to

Voting Instructions:

You can also vote for Bristol’s Monday’s dance by calling 800-868-3407. You can call up to a certain number of times. I only call a few times, because the line is always busy. Best to vote online.

Elisa on November 16, 2010 at 11:42 PM