Jon Stewart to Rachel Maddow: You guys went a little overboard with the “teabagger” thing, don’t you think?

posted at 9:56 pm on November 12, 2010 by Allahpundit

He’s right — if you accept his premise that calling tea partiers “teabaggers” is meant chiefly as a joke. In that case, yeah, it gets old quickly. But that’s not its main purpose; if it was, you wouldn’t see Obama dropping it into interviews or U.S. senators including it in fundraising e-mails. The point of the term is to deride, not to get a laugh, and the shelf life of derisive terms is a lot, lot longer than the shelf life for cheap gags. “Wingnut” ceased being funny years ago and yet somehow it crawls on, ever ready to signal to listeners that, no siree, its user certainly does not think much of those darned conservatives.

The “teabagger” bit comes at the very beginning of this longer clip, which is itself just the last part of a five-segment interview Maddow did with Stewart yesterday. It’s worth watching all nine minutes, as they touch on Stewart’s “clown nose off, clown nose on” style and whether maybe Maddow should be less of a clown herself. The one place where she nails him, I think, is when he insists that news hosts like her, Olby, O’Reilly, etc, are players on the field whereas he’s just a fan in the stands, cheering or heckling as necessary. That is to say, they’re the media and he’s a media critic, and just as we don’t hold Roger Ebert to the same standards as the films he reviews, we shouldn’t measure Stewart and Maddow by the same yardstick. The problem with that analogy, of course, is that (a) The Daily Show’s criticism is presented in the same format as the material it’s satirizing, and (b) according to some viewers, especially younger ones, it does a better job of delivering the news in a less partisan fashion than the crap on the news nets. Imagine if, instead of writing a column, Roger Ebert reviewed films by directing video commentaries with a $100 million budget and plenty of F/X. That’s more like what “The Daily Show” does. Would it be fair to judge such “commentaries” as films in their own right? Sure. Which is why TDS and its comparatively much more buffoonish quasi-competitors like “Countdown” are increasingly lumped together.

Stewart also seems to think he qualifies more as a fan than as a player because, even at his rally, he never took the final step of endorsing any candidates or any parties or even any policies. Really? We all know where he stands, I think, just as we all knew where Olbermann stood before he made that plain by donating to Democrats. Are you on the team if you’re on the field and in uniform but never actually get up to bat? I’d say yes, but YMMV.

Comments

Clown nose off

Missy on November 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM

First Jon Stewart went after Rick Sanchez, then Olbermann, is Maddcow next?

PappyD61 on November 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Jon Stewart should have said to Rachel Maddow…

“What’s that smell…?”

Seven Percent Solution on November 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Screw them both.

angryed on November 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM

The court jesters are attempting to rise to the throne

AZfederalist on November 12, 2010 at 10:03 PM

the “TEABAGGER” line covers at least three of Alinsky’s rules.

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”

RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.”

maybe they need a new term of ridicule……

PappyD61 on November 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM

When was the last time you pulled the lever for a Republican, Stewart?

The Lone Platypus on November 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM

No one like to be called stupid, bigoted, least of all a DADT act.

I’ll bet Madkow’s license plate is MUFDVR

Kini on November 12, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Did Stewart use his special platform to criticize his fellow leftists when these used this disgusting sexual epithet to attack their fellow citizens who were doing nothing more than trying to save the country from economic oblivion?

Stewart’s self-regard is laughable.

Basilsbest on November 12, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Hening on November 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM

“What’s that smell…?”

Seven Percent Solution on November 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Brown Trout?

Kini on November 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Stewart ‘did’ defend Bush when it came to waterboarding. I have to say, this has been the most interesting interview I’ve seen him give. From the looks of it, Rachel was suspecting that Stewart would node his head every time she bashed Fox, but he didn’t play that game and that got her off track a couple of times.

So come on everyone, give the guy some credit. At least HE’s honest about where he stands in the game, unlike the the interviewer.

Lance Murdock on November 12, 2010 at 10:16 PM

What’s really funny is that they take themselves so seriously.

In the big scheme of things, both are irrelevant.

GarandFan on November 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Tuna.

Greg Toombs on November 12, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Brown Trout?

How now….

rickyricardo on November 12, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Brown Trout?

Kini on November 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Now you’re catching on…

… fight back using their own tactics.

Before you know it, Rachel and Tina Fey will be labeled “Stinky” for the rest of their miserable lives…

Seven Percent Solution on November 12, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I can never get back the time I wasted watching half of that clip until my mind glazed over. – Hening

Haha there’s a story in the headline section just for you then! … Uhhh … what were we talkin’ about again? (Happy place … going to my haaaappy plaaaaace)

Tony737 on November 12, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Hening on November 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM

So you are saying your mind wandered? There’s a thread about how you can solve that

AZfederalist on November 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

tlynch001 on November 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM

… fight back using their own tactics.

Seven Percent Solution on November 12, 2010 at 10:23 PM

It’s tactics like this I need to take a hot shower for my own obtuseness.

Name calling is the left’s mantra, getting in the mud with them isn’t desirable. However, pointing out their juvenile bullying is something our side needs to counter.

I think we do a pretty good job here. I don’t want to be banned for it.

Kini on November 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM

why are these two people even relevant?

nwpammy on November 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Stewart really used “you guys” to Maddow? Where was Allah to jump out and tell him to “knock it off”?

Marcus on November 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM

there’s a story in the headline section just for you then! – Tony

There’s a thread about how you can solve that – AZfederalist

WONDER TWIN POWERS … ACTIVATE!

Tony737 on November 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

WONDER TWIN POWERS … ACTIVATE!

Tony737 on November 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

GMTA, or something like that

/G here probably standing for ‘gutter’ :-)

AZfederalist on November 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Well, as far as obnoxious memes go, sooner or later we’ll be hearing variants of “YOU MAD BRO” on cable TV.

Before 4chan, most slow-witted bandwagoneers were content to keep themselves preoccupied by not choking on their own saliva.

Jeddite on November 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM

There is nothing more wretched than a dour lesbo trying to be funny.

Oh, are we talking about John Stewart, or Rachel Maddow?

Really Right on November 12, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Rachel Maddow is arguing with a comedian that she’s doing the same thing he is?

JellyToast on November 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Oh hey, check it out, another note by a certain former Governor that HA completely ignores:

“Follow Me There! (To Alaska!)”

das411 on November 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

This is Stewart doing what he loves more than anything else in the world – looking down his sanctimonious nose and lecturing other people about their alleged failings. I don’t like Maddow – at all – but Stewart’s entire career consists of being the snarky bitch of a schoolteacher who explains to all us children what’s allegedly wrong with us. I’m surprised more people don’t see him for what he is and get tired of it.

Django on November 12, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Answer to Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert:

Yes, you all went overboard. You chided us, chastised us, made fun of us, accused us of racism, astroturfing and idiocy. You questioned our ability to reason as we stood with our children in the rain holding signs begging the Feds to stop.

We were called Nazi’s, rednecks, bitter clingers, birthers, conspiracy theorists, beasts of the GOP, teabaggers, uninformed stupid idiots.

You people called us everthing but a child of God.

I don’t think we’re going to forget what we endured for the last two years. And, I don’t think that you should be absolved for your unmitigated gall, your taunting, your chiding, your insults, your utter disdain for We The People.

Excuse us while we enjoy the Holidays with our families and friends. We’ll be back during your so-called Lame Duck session and may Heaven help you Republicans come January 4th.

……

If I could shoot the leftist MSM a moon I would. I think we did a pretty good job of that on 11/2/10.

/Heav sigh.

Key West Reader on November 12, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I’ve watched the entire segment of that so-called ‘interview’ between Mr. Maddow and Mr. Stewart. And it was striking what I saw happening right before my eyes when I caught glimpses of beneath the veneer. It’s all part of a larger plot you see.

The plot is, give liberal Jon Stewart a forum where he can kinda sorta berate and dress down his host, Mr. Maddow, a well known hyper-liberal, on a well known hyper-liberal network.

Then the liberals watching think to themselves, “Well, yeah, Jon Stewart whom I admire very much is a sensible man although I may not agree with what he is saying right now. But I know he’s on our side so it’s okay.” Then conservatives, like us, watch clips of the segment on right leaning blogs and think to ourselves, “Well, yeah, Jon Stewart is a lefty for sure, but you know, I admire him a little more now because he seems to be a sensible man and after all, he did dress down hyper-liberal Mr. Maddow a little bit on her/his own hyper-liberal network. Good for him!”

Then comes the announcement in the near future that Jon Stewart is running for Congressman, or Senator, and we’re all, on both sides of the fence, already having been germinating that little seed he planted in our minds via Mr. Maddow’s show, thinking to ourselves, “Jeez. I don’t know if I could vote for him, but yeah, that time on Mr. Maddow’s show he really showed that he’s a sensible man.” The fence sitters are just simply all for it. He’s shown that he may be a liberal for sure, but he’s a sensible man!

We’re all being played for suckers. It’s what he does. each. and every. single. weeknight.

FlatFoot on November 12, 2010 at 11:48 PM

If I were Jon Stewart I’da thrown up on her. This was a Pwn on Madcow if there ever was one.

Key West Reader on November 12, 2010 at 11:57 PM

That, right there, was 9 minutes of insufferable liberal navel-gazing.

Pasalubong on November 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Heh. Jon “F-You, Romney” Stewart is lecturing on demeaning other. LOL!

terryannonline on November 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM

8:04—> Stewart “there are real enemies in the world and really just bad evil things, but there are a lot less of them than we probably, from watching all this stuff, think that there are, and that’s what I just try to remember in my own head to keep saying”

ie “It doesn’t exist, I don’t see it, it isn’t there”

Dollayo on November 13, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Ugh, all he needed was a pipe to puff on. Weird for a comedian to be such an elitist.

Grayson on November 13, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Was that an interview or an acid trip? For me it was torture.

noworldcitizen on November 13, 2010 at 12:43 AM

hmmm… Stewart goes on TV to say something vaguely defensive of the Tea Party…

Gee! It’s almost like his rally of the raging hipsters backfired on him in a completely liberal extremist sort of way and now he needs to do some image fixin’.

Jewels on November 13, 2010 at 12:44 AM

He really jumped the Mosquito Fish there…..

KZnextzone on November 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Maddow’s a twit but Stewart’s smug above it all nonsense just really gets on my nerves after a while. Especially when he gets caught as the partisan tool he is and tries to go “who me?”

Grayson on November 13, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Kudos to Maddow for trying to put him in his place. I don’t think I’ve seen any interviewer call out Jon Stewart for his “clown off/clown on” routine. She at least tried.

terryannonline on November 13, 2010 at 12:57 AM

In that clip you can tell Stewart wants to take Maddow to task SO BAD but doesn’t out of nebulous faux-pleasantries.

So conflicted. <3
Such a PUMA. <3

lansing quaker on November 13, 2010 at 12:59 AM

I really try to like Jon Stewart….and I actually do when he’s funny…

But here he’s getting interviewed by an unhinged, venomous, angry, leftspaz ‘woman’…and it’s just surreal….

Hey!! Let’s just take each other a little bit too seriously….we get paid for flapping our gums…we might as well pretend like people give a $hit.

BigWyo on November 13, 2010 at 1:34 AM

FlatFoot on November 12, 2010 at 11:48 PM

^ ahhhh i see what you did there…well played!

das411 on November 13, 2010 at 1:36 AM

The whole “Teabagger” thing had me baffled for months.
I knew about the American Revolution and the rebellion against the English tax on tea for us Colonials, but I had to do some searching to find out why the term had them so exited.
I was not very impressed with the results. The roots of the “Tea Party” was founded in the ideal to oppose high taxes and excessive government spending much like the original rebels who tossed English tea into the Boston Harbor rather than pay the taxes to England and King George. They helped to inspire the American Revolution.
So, the radical-lefties decided to equate “Teabagging” to things that are… well …. Let’s just say that if you want to perform sex-acts in San Fransisco, “Teabagging” is cool and you are a bigot if you do not approve of such acts.

This is what confused me for months. If the lefties think it is normal and fine, why do they use it as a derogatory term for those that they disagree with? I just don’t get it.

shorebird on November 13, 2010 at 1:43 AM

They both so want to be loved.

LimaLimaMikeFoxtrot on November 13, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Two tools, difference is Jon knows it…

The Expert Knows

HAExpert on November 13, 2010 at 2:30 AM

Basically, that’s what South Park does, but without the budget.

DaveS on November 13, 2010 at 3:35 AM

Rachel Maddow is arguing with a comedian that she’s doing the same thing he is?

JellyToast on November 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM

That would appear to be the size of it. Jon Stewart’s argument can be “I’m on the same network as Ugly Americans,” and Maddow reports “yeah well I’m on the same network as Countdown.”

BKennedy on November 13, 2010 at 4:31 AM

A lot of pomp and show signifying absolutely NOTHING. Goodness, watching these two drone on and on was painful. Then that fake, effusive complementing at the end…now I know why I don’t listen to NPR (sleep, sleep).
BTW, Rachel’s hair will look just like Jon’s in about 15 years. Do we really want to see that?

pacard33 on November 13, 2010 at 5:35 AM

I feel, I feel, I feel, I feel…

count how many times they FEEL.

stenwin77 on November 13, 2010 at 8:11 AM

I’d love to hear maddow say,” book em dano, murder one”.

She’s got the hair and voice

oh, what’s an open can of tuna fish called in maddows apartment?

Potpourri

Sonosam on November 13, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I kept asking myself ..

Who are Kate and Jon and why do I care ?

J_Crater on November 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Your analysis of the situation is spot on AP..
Governing against the will of the people while telling the people they are not sophisticated enough to fully comprehend the need for such governing has got to me one of the biggest gaffes I have ever seen in my lifetime. Then they get into name calling, spewing insults at some 50-60 percent of the voters. Of coarse they then lose by a landslide and promptly tell the voters “see, this is what we were talking about, you people are simply not smart enough to understand what we are trying to do here.”

I’ve been watching this closely, wanting to see just how the American people will react to self proclaimed elite’s telling them they lack the intelligence to vote correctly. I’m happy to see that Americans across the political spectrum still have that thing called pride, and didn’t take such name calling lightly.

Keemo on November 13, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Why, Allah, why must we be subjected to Dumb and Dumberer trying to figure out who’s “in the game”? I had my mouth all ready for fair food today. Now, I have to spend more time in the shower scrubbing off the stoopid from this clip.

madmonkphotog on November 13, 2010 at 8:40 AM

I’d say yes, but YMMV.

pardon my ignorance, but what is YMMV?

ted c on November 13, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Typical liberals, meta-meta-meta-ing the meta-narrative.

Hey, Stewart and Maddow? Take a glance at Fox’s numbers when Red Eye airs. Still beats most of MSNBC. Take a look at the latest red, red, red electoral map.

There’s your meta. Chew on that for awhile.

Grace_is_sufficient on November 13, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Some one with no journalistic integrity but who insists she’s a journalist, interviewing someone who insists he’s not a journalist but has more integrity than most. How odd and painful to watch.

MarkT on November 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Does anyone else remember how Stewart was literally wetting his pants on his show a few days after 9/11. The guy’s a comedy version of Obama. Just reads what somebody else writes for him, and everybody thinks he’s a genius. He’s a coward, like all liberals.

teacherman on November 13, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Don’t try to make up Mr. Stewart.

Cindy Munford on November 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM

pardon my ignorance, but what is YMMV?

ted c on November 13, 2010 at 8:40 AM

“Your Mileage May Vary”

One thing we noted in the headline comments, was that Maddcow was trying to convince Stewart she wasn’t a loon, and Stewart was trying to keep her calm until he could find a big stick. He really didn’t seem comfortable, I know she threw out a thing about him being sick, but still. When he’s on O’Reilly he really cuts loose. He’s willing to confront Bill and mix it up. I think maybe the Juan Williams incident has shown him that conservatives aren’t the intolerant boogie-men Madcow and friends make them out to be.

Iblis on November 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Wow, now here is a big difference between me, the Independent, versus some of you guys.

I totally LOVED this interview and thought it was absolutely superb by Stewart.

The only place where I disagreed? He does do straight political interviews. So he isn’t as much in the Seinfield tradition as he thinks.

But other than that? He totally nailed my own viewpoint.

AnninCA on November 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I think she’s right about Stewart being on the same field as MSNBC. But that’s ONLY true because MSNNC isn’t a news network.

stevezilla on November 13, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I’ve written this before and don’t mind repeating it now: Jon Liebowitz (“Stewart” and why did he change his last name, anyway) isn’t funny and he isn’t “entertaining.”

Who here has watched those vignettes that Greg Gutfeld runs on RedEye (Fox) where a laugh-track is played to accompany a speech by Barack Obama?

That’s what I think of whenever I am caught on a Stewart/Liebowitz show when the cable box freezes during an attempted channel scan: I hear that canned laughter from an “audience” when Stewart makes his remarks that aren’t funny and I wonder, “why are they laughing and at what” because what he just said wasn’t funny.

Maddow is simply a tragedy of broadcasting. But that’s one thing Stewart-Liebowitz got right, she and the rest DID go overboard on that disgusting pejorative about the Tea Partiers. No one thought THAT was funny, either.

Lourdes on November 13, 2010 at 12:08 PM

That rally was who Stewart was? That’s sad because it was pretty unattractive.

I would like to like Maddow, but I don’t because she lies. Purposely? She refuses to see her own lies and blows distortions on the right way out of proportion to their attended meaning. I don’t know if she is aware of her own biases, but if not she simply can’t see another point of view and that should disqualify her for her job.

Basically I see the difference in the right and the left medias as this:

The left never gives any benefit of the doubt to the right. Ever. It is always jumps to the the worst interpretation of intentions, example: not finding WMD was a lie. Bush lied, people died. That was the first option, they never considered that he was just wrong.

The right always says, “maybe they didn’t really mean that the way it came off”… until it is repeated over and over, example: Jeremiah Wright’s speeches against whites and America. It took him saying it over and over to conclude he was a racist and anti-American, and should not be advising our President. The right gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time. McCain wouldn’t even use him.

MSNBC is far more left, than Fox is right. Fox doesn’t support people like Michael Moore.

Who is the right’s Micheal Moore? Who is the right’s MoveOn or Code Pink? I must be too biased to see them.

The Tea Party is not as far right as Code Pink or MoveOn is left, yet they are demonized constantly. The fascists on the mainstream right don’t exist. But fascists are legion on the mainstream left–Nancy Pelosi.

The media that still pretends it hasn’t a biased, is simply disgusting, and not worth listening too at all.

petunia on November 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Iblis on November 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I think Stewart has gotten the news about what’s trendy and what isn’t any longer and he sees the signals that the Left-Obama-Progressive Schtick isn’t trendy.

I agree that he’s alive when he appears with O’Reilly. Otherwise, he’s rather stuck in an outdated format of sarcasm that, again, isn’t funny.

Lourdes on November 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Sorry, I disagree with most commenters.

I think this was truly one of the best interviews/discussions I’ve seen in 2 years.

I thought that he articulated his perspective, which granted, maybe most people could care less about, beautifully.

He’s is in the tradition of comedy. Rachel is the one trying to cross the line.

AnninCA on November 13, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Iblis on November 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Lourdes on November 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM

No, it’s just a matter of being closer to agreeing with Maddow. He’s a liberal. No question. However, the severe divide has made it absolutely tough for comediannes.

They must have elbow room to poke fun at both sides. That is essential to the tradition of comedy.

The Left has been so severe that it’s really almost crimped comediennes. They were fine as long as Bush was the target.

But whoa…..when Obama was elected and the Dems had power in congress?

THEN, the crimp hit.

Stewart, I think, is speaking out on the part of comedy far more than political viewpoints.

He couldn’t have explicated this more than in this interview.

I think that he has a hard sell because he includes genuine interviews. He’s not straight comic.

And Rachel is right about that.

AnninCA on November 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Answer to Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert:

You people called us everthing but a child of God.

……

/Heav sigh.

Key West Reader on November 12, 2010 at 11:45 PM

You saved me a lot of typing… Thanks.

RalphyBoy on November 13, 2010 at 2:29 PM

And Rachel is right about that.

AnninCA on November 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Do you read TV GUIDE?

Lourdes on November 13, 2010 at 3:18 PM

(…)

And Rachel is right about that.

AnninCA on November 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Stewart isn’t “funny”. He isn’t “entertaining” unless you’re looking to waste an hour of your life with a sarcastic guy in the background being sarcastic accompanied by a laugh-track while you boil water or do your nails or perhaps, drive nails into a board on the floor to “keep busy”.

Maddow is psychotic and I would not punish an enemy with requiring them to watch/listen to her for so much as ten minutes.

These two together in any capacity isn’t a rewarding experience, to put it very, very dryly.

Lourdes on November 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Rachel

AnninCA on November 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM

“Rachel”? Like, say, “Oprah”?

Lourdes on November 13, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I suppose what’s most interesting is how uninteresting they are. This is what happens when you take away the writers.

Things I took away from this incredibly boring circle jerk session: they both clearly think they’re on the same team. Jon just tells Rachel he’s helping out the “movement” in his own way, while she wants(?) him to do more.

The thing about liberals is, they’re always dying to reveal who they are. A key part of this video is when Jon says, “I feel I earned through my 12 years to be able to show WHO I WAS”. In other words, he was dying to reveal his liberalism.

This happens to all of them. They start out hiding it, because they know they have to. As they become successful, they think they don’t have to hide it anymore and progressively start to “come out”. They crash and burn and disappear. Rosie O’Donnell anyone?

Aside from that, they clearly both think they’re incredibly important. Personally, if I never saw or heard from them another day in my life, I’d be perfectly happy, but clearly they have huge egos. The Left can have these clowns.

Another hilarious moment was when Maddow said “I don’t tell people who to vote for”. In the runup to the 2010 elections, she was practically hysterical on her radio show, pumping out anti-Republican talking points like there was no tomorrow. MSNBC is a joke. Stewart is a joke. These people truly don’t realize how little they matter because they surround themselves in an echo chamber.

They create these little feedback loops to create the illusion of mass agreement. Stewart, Colbert, Letterman, Maher, they all do it. They pack the audience with far-left loons and consider it a successful night if their seals clap and applaud. It might fool some morons watching who know nothing about politics, but it just looks cowardly and pathetic to everyone else.

Give it up, Jon. You revealed yourself long ago and are now nothing but a leftist. Stick to the shield of your writers because without them, you just look egotistical, boring, and full of yourself.

Sixth Guard on November 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM

My friends and I called ourselves “wingnuts” as far back as 1990. I happily accept the name.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on November 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM

You’d think a, dare I say, “woman” with such an aversion to testicles would find the term “tea-bagger” distasteful enough to keep even the words far from her mouth but alas she couldn’t help allowing the term to spill from her lips with such frequency. Perhaps the angry gay les-bot persona is a clever ruse?

Claypigeon on November 13, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Where to begin-

Way too much smugness in that clip. They are both shills of the DNC and are stroking each other for being honorably objective. Jon is a tool of the left and not really seen as a “clown” or “satirist”. He has a wall of emmys and his books are required textbooks in Poli Sci classes nationwide. No way is Jon afraid of Rach. She is a hot lesbian who loves his show. No hardballing was going on here.

Jon- you may think you are Frankenberries, but even Frankenberries are “part of a nutricious breakfast.”

Wait- why am I writing this here? NVM

Lothar on November 14, 2010 at 10:10 PM

I really can’t think of two more vapid people…

Khun Joe on November 14, 2010 at 11:49 PM