Gallup: Palin’s unfavorable rating hits new high of 52%

posted at 4:58 pm on November 12, 2010 by Allahpundit

To recycle an old joke much beloved by longtime HA readers: You know who this poll benefits? Mitt Romney.

More than half of Americans, 52%, now view Sarah Palin unfavorably, the highest percentage holding a negative opinion of the former Alaska governor in Gallup polling since Sen. John McCain tapped her as the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee. Her 40% favorable rating ties her lowest favorable score, recorded just over a year ago…

Palin’s image has consistently tilted negative since July 2009, and was nearly as negative in October 2009 as it is today. Public views on her were also more negative than positive just before the 2008 election, in which President Obama handily defeated the Republican ticket. By contrast, Americans’ initial reactions to Palin after her debut at the Republican National Convention that year were mostly favorable.

Follow the link above and you’ll see that the last time her favorables were net positive was January 2009. But wait, you say, didn’t we see an AP poll just days ago showing her favorable numbers the highest they’ve been in almost a year (not to mention yesterday’s PPP poll showing her leading the GOP field in several states)? Indeed we did, and I’m at a loss to explain the discrepancy. The AP polled 1,000 adults nationwide from Nov. 3 to Nov. 8 and got a 46/49 split; Gallup polled 1,021 adults nationwide from Nov. 4 to Nov. 7 and came up with 40/52. Your guess for what accounts for the difference is as good as mine. In fact, I can give you an argument for why each poll might be an outlier. If you look at HuffPo’s table of recent polling on her, the 40/52 number is more in line with polls taken last month (including one by Fox) than the AP’s rosier 46/49 split. On the other hand, I find this graph from Gallup exceedingly hard to believe:

So somehow, just three months before an election in which the GOP would end up utterly destroying Democrats among independents, the favorable rating of one of its most prominent figures just drops off a cliff among those same indies? Does that make any sense at all? It’s especially odd if you read the full Gallup article and see that the tea party’s numbers are steady over time. If Palin’s downturn was the byproduct of independents souring on fringier candidates like Angle and O’Donnell, that downturn should theoretically also appear in the ratings for the movement overall. It doesn’t. So what gives?

The good news is that her new TLC show produce some sort of bounce in the next poll. The bad news is that it’s now been almost two full years since her favorables were above the water line. Not the banner you want to carry into primary season when lots of GOP voters will be thinking of electability. Exit quotation from a certain senatorial princess who shall remain nameless: “I know what my Alaska looks like.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I like Palin/Perry 2012. But let’s see how she does in the debates. I think she will be very credible and shine far ahead of a debate against Huck and Romeny, and it will dispel the MSM/Tina Fey image of her among the people. At that point, it will be a race of our lives against Obama. It will be the most important election in our lifetimes with the repeal of ObamaCare and our futures hanging in the balance.

redeye on November 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I’m sorry, but what does “polarizing” mean?
The MSM has made it into a meaningless weasel word.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I believe it may have something to do with those “Bold Colors instead of Pastels” to which Ronaldus Maximus referred.

VelvetElvis on November 12, 2010 at 7:12 PM

It might have something to do with the fact that Independents like some Tea Party candidates more than others. We are assuming that if they love one of them, they love them all. That might not be true. And they might think the Tea Party movement is bigger than Palin. I just don’t their reasons for disliking Palin are all that political. I still think it is personal. But who knows?

She’s our only chance of getting an actual principled leader in office. One that believes the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land, and that it’s non-negotiable.

gary, I don’t think this is true. I think there are other principled people out there who believe in the Constitution. I like Palin and if she ran against Obama I would vote for her, but it is not really true to assume that she is the only possibility. It is not about Palin doubters changing the minds of Palin supporters, it is about there being enough Palin supporters for her to win the nomination and then the general. And it is up to her to convince those people.

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Kind of interesting. She wins a round of economic warfare with the Wall Street Journal, proving that (a) she reads, and that (b) she understands what she reads, and her score goes down?

Well, a prophet is without honor only in their hometown.

unclesmrgol on November 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Considering that Obama got elected I’m not surprised she’s unelectable.

MestizoMaverick on November 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM

redeye on November 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I like Perry too. Is there any draft Perry movement?

El_Terrible on November 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM

King RINO Allah must have busted a nut reading that.

The Notorious G.O.P on November 12, 2010 at 7:25 PM

This poll is biased because it says things that I don’t like.

Proud Rino on November 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM

You say things most of us don’t like all the time.

It doesn’t mean you aren’t valuable to someone.

portlandon on November 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Nothing but a massive loosely coordinate effort to defame her and anyone wonders why her poll numbers hurt.

CWforFreedom on November 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Proud Rino on November 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM

You again? Weird.

CWforFreedom on November 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Maybe you can enlighten me then. Name ONE possible alternative candidate that has even a modicum of respect for the Constitution.

Look, I gauge this on political courage. Courage to do the RIGHT THING, even if every other human being on earth is against you. Courage to stand up and be counted.

Sarah has proven over and over again that she has more courage in her little finger than all of the rest combined.

Where the hell are Willard, Thune, and all the rest on QE2?

The Obama regime is committing financial suicide, and yet, the GOP show ponies are all AWOL. Nowhere to be found.

Sarah has been standing up and saying what needs to be said. That’s what real leaders do.

You are the very definition of sheep. You, like the GOP show ponies, are more worried about what some other poor bastard thinks, than holding firm on your own beliefs.

If you like Palin, and would vote for her, stop worrying if there are enough of you! Get off your butt and make damned sure there ARE enough of you!

That’s how it’s done. The rest is just one big jerk-off session.

gary4205 on November 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM

This poll is biased because it says things that I don’t like.

Proud Rino on November 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM

You say things most of us don’t like all the time.

It doesn’t mean you aren’t valuable to someone.

portlandon on November 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Don’t be so sure there. That might be open to debate!

gary4205 on November 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Something does not equal

The polls put Sarah as a non-entity yet the left treat her as the evil incarnate and the greatest threat to everything they stand for. The polls do not square with reality. Either she is a nobody for all time and her story on history is done to fade into the sunset in Alaska being nothing but a footnote in the history books or the next great one that will have much more to do in the history books and have a legacy that people not ever born yet will read about her and honor her.

Which is it.

tjexcite on November 12, 2010 at 7:36 PM

terryannonline on November 12, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Are you delusional? The week she was in headlines talking about quantitative easing? Pray tell what is Mitch Daniels’
position about monetary policy?

promachus on November 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Governor Palin is an American hero to play rope a dope and take these body blows. She knows she is not qualified to be POTUS and is doing this to help any real repugnican Presidential candidate.

borntoraisehogs on November 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Dude, I’m ready. Atheist RINO ’12!

Allahpundit on November 12, 2010 at 5:22 PM

You forgot the Chamberlainesque candy ass part.

That would be a rather cumbersome bumper sticker though. :)

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Don’t be so sure there. That might be open to debate!

gary4205 on November 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM

LOL.

Everyone’s got a Mother.

portlandon on November 12, 2010 at 7:42 PM

borntoraisehogs on November 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Sarah Palin is qualified to be POTUS, right now.

I would make the switch first thing in the morning if it were possible.

However, I am not convinced that you are indeed qualified to raise hogs. You will need to demonstrate much more to independents and improve your numbers, and perhaps raise some bunny rabbits first where we can all judge whether you are really ready for the responsibility of hogs.

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Everyone’s got a Mother.

portlandon on November 12, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Only him mama loves him, but she could be jivin’ too.

darwin-t on November 12, 2010 at 7:48 PM

him s/b his
sheesh

darwin-t on November 12, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I’m sorry, but what does “polarizing” mean?

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Unelectable.

Vyce on November 12, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Huh? Obama was and is polarizing; McCain was a nice centristy non-polarizer. I think Obama won.

This poll is biased because it says things that I don’t like.

Proud Rino on November 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I haven’t checked to see if you had the same thing to say in the thread on the AP poll. Probably not.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:02 PM

That’s how it’s done. The rest is just one big jerk-off session.

gary4205 on November 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Hey gary, that is the way to win friends and influence people. First, make it plain that every other candidate sucks whoever he or she is and then insult people and accuse them of saying things they did not say.

I never said that I was more concerned with what people think, I said I was not convinced that Palin could win a general election with high negatives among Independents…and believe it or not telling me that I am a sheep and telling everyone else they suck might not be the best way to win support for your candidate.

Yes, I like Palin, but I don’t want to throw away the election on someone who can not win if there are other candidates I can also like and support who can actually win. If that is not good enough for you, too bad. My belief is that we need to defeat Obama and replace him with a more conservative president. That is my belief.

Your belief is that the only possible candidate is Palin and that everyone else has to agree or they suck. Go ahead and put that on a bumper sticker and see how many converts you get.

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM

The reason for Sarah’s dip in the polls is quite obvious to me. It’s the politics of dancing.

As long as Bristol remains on Dancing With The Stars, Sarah’s numbers will dip.

cannonball on November 12, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM

We’ve already gone that route. Here’s a bumper sticker for you: McCain ’12.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM

As long as Bristol remains on Dancing With The Stars, Sarah’s numbers will dip.

cannonball on November 12, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Oh, b.s.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I like Perry too. Is there any draft Perry movement?

El_Terrible on November 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM

So, you like a global village…ok…NOT!
;)

jerrytbg on November 12, 2010 at 8:12 PM

We’ve already gone that route. Here’s a bumper sticker for you: McCain ’12.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Actually, it was McCain/Palin.

I am not trying to insult Palin, but people need to be realistic about her chances and accept the fact that she needs to work on these numbers. To just blow it off, won’t help her at all.

I think there is plenty of time for change, in both her numbers and in the field of contenders. I like a lot of people out there. I like Jindal for instance. I realize he is not a rock star, but he is smart and competent and right now we could use some smart and competent.

But it would be a mistake to just blow off Palin’s negatives and it would be a mistake to try and bully other people into supporting her. It won’t work.

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Actually, it was McCain/Palin.

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Oh yeah, how could I forget. The “Palin” part was that only time that McCain ever led Obama in the polls.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM

She is up, she is down. She is in, she is out.

Something about this reminds me of about five hundred other threads.

Limerick on November 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM

She is up, she is down. She is in, she is out.

Something about this reminds me of about five hundred other threads.

Limerick on November 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM

“She’s unelectable…” “Her negatives are too high…” “O’Donnell all over again…” Yep.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM
We’ve already gone that route. Here’s a bumper sticker for you: McCain ’12.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Funny, I remember one that went McCain/Palin.

What is it with you people who have signed on to her in blood more than a year before the Iowa caucuses? To be so single-minded as to not even consider other candidates, likely with some not even being discussed much yet, is just myopic, to be charitable.

And please just stop with the comparisons to Obama; that is such a low threshold. The point is to get the strongest candidate in the White House, not merely a good, but perhaps not the best, candidate. If Sarah proves to be that, then fine. But won’t we have a better idea in 15 months or so? Damn.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Palin has no negatives. What you call negatives are actually positives that you are too insane to distinguish by yourself.

Also, you love Romney because you are on his payroll, you also may be a communist, and you hate apple pie, freedom and little kittehs. /sarc

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Funny, I remember one that went McCain/Palin.

Funny, as I said above, I seem to remember the Palin part as being the one in which McCain led Obama in the polls for a change.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM

It’s not so much being signed on with Palin as being utterly disgusted with the constant “we’d better nominate someone to appeal to moderates and independents” garbage. Along, of course, with the constant “Palin’s damaged goods…she’ll never win…too polarizing…everybody hates her but the base…and everybody but the base will always hate her, always…”

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:25 PM

She can see quitter from her front yard.

An albatross like that meme is only cured by something dramatic.

Palin literally needs to save someone’s life.

Maybe if Obama were choking on a mouthful arugula and she gave him the Heimlich maneuver?

profitsbeard on November 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM

No, ONLY Palin has negatives. Any other GOPer will sail through with nary a harsh word from MSNBC and the NYT editorial board. To think otherwise you must be a slobbering Palinista cultist.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Thunderdome. The only answer.

Limerick on November 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I’m voting for Palin or whomever she tells me to vote for…no matter how much the Obamabot, Romneybots, Huckbots, Whoever… tells me she is unelectable…

The primaries will decide it. It seems to me that there is a lot of effort going into getting her and her supporters to believe she doesn’t stand a chance so she shouldn’t run…hmmmm :)

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM

An albatross like that meme is only cured by something dramatic.

profitsbeard on November 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I’ll take that albatross over RomneyCare or Obamanomics any day.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM

gary4205 on November 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM

You have to excuse Gary, he’s obsessed.

rjl1999 on November 12, 2010 at 8:29 PM

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Some people are sold already.

It ain’t just Sarah. There are Mittbots, Hucksters, Paulbots, ect. that will argue every thing under the sun.

It’s human nature.

I personally think many conservatives who want it to be her see a real chance to restore the Reagan philosophy to the GOP in a way that is compelling.

Sarah Palin is, without question, the most pro-Reagan Republican in a prominent position out there today.

If you listen to any of her speeches, you will be hearing different references to what Reagan did with economic policy, national defense, or the general inspiration and pride in America he relied upon. She believes in that wholeheartedly. Some pay lip service, but she means it deeply, and it is obvious to anyone paying attention.

This has a strong attraction to many who are unhappy with the drift of the GOP the last several years.

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Reading these posts leads a fair-minded reader to conclude there’s a fair bit of people whose minds are already made up, 23+ months before the election, 13+ months before the primaries begin.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

The flip side of the coin.

Isn’t it fun?

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 8:31 PM

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Why would you wait for Palin to tell you who to vote for?

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

And this would be…whom, exactly?
Because according to the PPP poll AP posted yesterday, Sarah’s outpolling the rest of the GOP pack.
BTW, I think setting “who can win” as the criteria is pretty craven and was the disastrous strategy behind McCain.

Terrye on November 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM

That’s not saying much: it’s tantamount to saying that you want to replace Stalin with Trotsky…Everyone is more conservative than 0bama!

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM

A fair-minded person can also see that probably 99% of the “anti” Palin posts have nothing at all to do with policy. Nothing.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:35 PM

I’ve been “signed on” with Sarah since she accepted the VP nomination in August of 2008!
I heard her speech and then knew that my Reagan Happy switch was on.
I wanted her to be President, not McCain.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM

She is the strongest candidate and I know that now.
You can wait if you want to.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I rest my case.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Why would you wait for Palin to tell you who to vote for?

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

She won’t give her blessing and imprimatur to anyone who’s less conservative than she is (like Mittens, Newt, Huck, Daniels and T-Paw).
That’s why.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I rest my case.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Which is what?!
I share my honest feelings…and I have had no reason to change those feelings.
I see her as the successor to Reagan and have done since August 2008.
She stands for every conservative principle, ideal, idea and goal I cherish.
I have heard no other potential candidate espouse these values except her and I have rarely seen any other conservative leader speak out against the ObamaNation besides her except Rush Limbaugh (and sometimes Glenn Beck).

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I rest my case.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Uh, ok.

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I see.

I think I’ll wait to review the entire list of candidates, pay attention to what they have to say and assess it on my own to determine exactly whom I feel would be best in the role of president.

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

You have to excuse Gary, he’s obsessed.

rjl1999 on November 12, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I would say instead that he’s effective…

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I see.

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Where’s Brian1972 to post “Uh,ok.”?

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Why would you wait for Palin to tell you who to vote for?

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Because of everyone who has been mentioned she is the only one who has earned my respect and support. I trust her judgement and know that if she doesn’t run she will endorse someone who aligns with her political philosophy.

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I rest my case.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM
Which is what?!
I share my honest feelings…and I have had no reason to change those feelings.
I see her as the successor to Reagan and have done since August 2008.
She stands for every conservative principle, ideal, idea and goal I cherish.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I have to believe you’re not bothering to read what I post with some degree of effort, because you can’t be that obtuse.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM

An albatross like that meme is only cured by something dramatic.

profitsbeard on November 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM
I’ll take that albatross over RomneyCare or Obamanomics any day.

ddrintn on November 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM

So will I, but to convince the majority of voters otherwise Palin needs something SERIOUS to break through the deathgrip of this “she’s a quitter/doofus/airhead/ cartoon, dangerous small town clown” image that is successfully promoted in the MSM.

She has no chance until she dispels this media myth.

profitsbeard on November 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I see.

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

That is completely insane. The primary has been going on since two weeks before the ’08 election.

Pick Sarah right now. Do it. There is no one else, don’t worry about it just do it.

Why do you hate freedom, the flag, women and little babytoes?/sarc

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Which is what?!
I share my honest feelings…and I have had no reason to change those feelings.

uh huh, just like those honest feelings you shared about Castle vs COD?

feelings…nothing more than feelings

God save us

windansea on November 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Hehehe…I’ll bet you that is going to be Romney, right ? right? :)

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Meh, she’s up, she’s down.

jimmy2shoes on November 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM

LOL you must be new to call her obtuse!

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I hope GOP voters nominate Palin for president in 2012 just to spite these poll respondents. Sure that would guarantee Obama’s re-election, but stupid people who don’t unconditionally love Palin make me irrational.

Enrique on November 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM

If this nation were to choose Obama over Palin after all that Obama has done, it deserves to wither and die. So long Uncle Sam, it was a good ride!

jimmy2shoes on November 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Hehehe…I’ll bet you that is going to be Romney, right ? right? :)

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM

You wouldn’t do well in Vegas :)

But again, I’ll wait and determine it on my own as time unfolds.

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I’m looking forward to the economic debates between Palin and Romney

just for giggles, here is Sarah defining the Vice Presidency in 08

Q: One of the things you talked about last night was the flexibility the vice president has–
PALIN: Yeah.

Q: –Uh. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: Uh. That thankfully our founders were wise enough to say we have this position and it’s constitutional — vice president will be able to be not only the position flexible, but it’s gonna be those other duties as assigned by the president. A simple thing.

windansea on November 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Wow…the missle launch thread is gone…
Of course…this is the new and improved HA…silly me’)

jerrytbg on November 12, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Why do you hate freedom, the flag, women and little babytoes?/sarc

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I love baby toes. The rest of it….pfft. :)

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 9:04 PM

uh huh, just like those honest feelings you shared about Castle vs COD?

feelings…nothing more than feelings

God save us

windansea on November 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I was honest about O’Donnell.
(She did have her problems, let’s face it…)
But after she won the GOP primary, I saw the points that the Tea Party/Conservatives was/were making by choosing her.
Castle did suck and it was good to get him off the ballot.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:06 PM

LOL you must be new to call her obtuse!

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Why would you wait for Palin to tell you who to vote for?

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM

And you must be a sheep.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 9:08 PM

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I’m not obtuse–I’m not bothering to read very closely what you post because, to be frank, it’s not terribly helpful, as Rumsfeld would say.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:09 PM

You wouldn’t do well in Vegas :)

But again, I’ll wait and determine it on my own as time unfolds.

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM

How will I ever really know… Anyway, If Romney won I would vote for him over Obama but would not donate or GOTV. I respect the primary process, flawed as it is getting, and I really hope the Republicans do something about the open corruptible primaries but anyway, what I and a lot of others object to is that there is definately a concerted effort going on to get Palin to not even run… Why?

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 9:10 PM

And you must be a sheep.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Why must he?

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:10 PM

windansea on November 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM

A YouTube slamming Sarah from ThinkProgress? I think not.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Without naming names, you guys know who you are who make my point by what you post, but there’s no point in elaborating.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 9:13 PM

or rather, should know…

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM

because you can’t be that obtuse.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Guess again.

katy the mean old lady on November 12, 2010 at 9:17 PM

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Maybe you can wait, but can the country?
Sarah’s already leading the “loyal opposition” to the ObamaNation and as you can see for yourself from the election results, she’s having quite an impact.
Maybe you can sit in your house patiently waiting for the candidates to please you, but meanwhile, the country is in some deep trouble both at home and abroad and at war.
With only her FB posts, Sarah has been able to put the brakes on some of Obama’s worst policy initiatives; as recently as this week with her posts and speeches about this disastrous QE2 thing, she was able to alert the nation to that suicidal move by the 0bama-led Fed.
The goal here is not to please you personally, sherry, but to save this great nation and take it forward into the future.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Things must be looking even more bleak for the DNC than ecpected if they’ve mobilized both discount comedian Tina “Obvious” Fey and push-pollster Gallup against Palin in the same week.

viking01 on November 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Guess again.

katy the mean old lady on November 12, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Go back to your HA Facebook group.
Your work here is done.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM

And you must be a sheep.
churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Baaaaaaaa :)

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

A YouTube slamming Sarah from ThinkProgress? I think not.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:12 PM

video is video, that’s your messiah on tape, and it’s from Fox news

windansea on November 12, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

My, you are in a snit.

katy the mean old lady on November 12, 2010 at 9:22 PM

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 9:10 PM

I’m not sure I see it that way entirely.

Maybe they see it as beneficial to have an entire fleet of good qualified candidates up there challenging Obama’s liberal actions and results, as well as, providing assessments and solutions to the dominant issues.

One voice alone can not have the impact or rouse the attention of the entire voting public.

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM

windansea on November 12, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Guess what… one inarticulate second doesn’t dismay us… The only perfect person died on the cross. Trot out some of Biden’s performance…just for balance you know or shall we dig up Romeny flip flop youtubes…that would be more damaging…

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Well then we agree…let all who feel they can lead this nation run and make their case and may the person who receives the most vote challenge Obama. We Palinistas are not afraid of that…

CCRWM on November 12, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Wow. Let me amend my earlier comment. Please, just stop with the comparisons to Obama OR BIDEN; that threshold is just too low, and does not provide a convincing counterpoint.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 9:30 PM

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM

That sounds great to write and it all sounds very nice, but so far Sarah is the only one I see who is a “good qualified candidate” challenging Obama’s Liberal actions.
Who else is out there?
1. Mitt? Nope. Usually hiding under his desk. Oversaw MittCare. Flip-Flopped on Abortion, homosexual “rights” and 2nd Amendment rights.
2. Newt? Nope. Basically squandered his leadership of the ’94 GOP majority. Backs AGW legislation like Cap & Tax. Goes squish at the drop of a hat.
3. Huck? Nope. Raised taxes like crazy as Governor of AK. Let convicted murderers go free who went out and killed again. Talks like a theocrat which turns off a-religious voters. Plus: He is funny.
4. Daniels? Nope. Threw Social Conservatism under the bus because he likes drugs. A lot.
5. T-Paw. Tends to be too “Green.” A little squishy, bordering on RINO. Zero pizzazz and charisma.
6. Santorum? Unelectable. Too Conservative to most, but not to me, but this makes him unlikeable. Lost his Senate seat by huge margin. Stuffed shirt.
Got any more candidates for the GOP candidate?

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:34 PM

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Now who’s being obtuse?
This is who our candidates will be running against in 2012, thus they are the threshold.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:36 PM

- Sarah Palin

PALIN/DEMINT/PALIN 2012!

TheAlamos on November 12, 2010 at 9:39 PM

My, you are in a snit.

katy the mean old lady on November 12, 2010 at 9:22 PM

An obtuse churlish snit.

darwin-t on November 12, 2010 at 9:41 PM

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 9:30 PM

On paper, Jimmy Carter was one of the best qualified, and smartest candidates for President.

He was in the US Navy submarine service as a nuclear engineer, and I think was a commander of a sub at one point.

Two terms as Governor of a major southern state, Georgia.

We put him in the White House and look what happened.

Many times, these resume comparisons are overrated.

The bottom line is, what are you gonna do, and can I trust you to do it?

Looking back, I would take Sarah Palin over Jimmy Carter any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM

LOL. And how many points was Barry behind Hillary and the rest of the 2008 Dem candidates? “Checkmate” that, my friends.

Go ahead, nominate Sarah. Then like with Christine, can we blame you for losing the election and putting sealing our fate as a socialist country?

Anyway, I think this conversation is a waste of thought. We all know (even you Sarah!!!!! people) deep down inside she rather have a reality show and sell books and make millions of $$$$ than just be President.

The country is waking up to who this woman really is.

Ian on November 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM

JonPrichard on November 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM

So … 20+ years of Reagan (pre-presidency) = 18 months of Sarah Palin.

Things are fast in politics in 2010, true. But not that fast, buddy.

Ian on November 12, 2010 at 9:54 PM

And? Only a fool and liar would not.

darwin-t on November 12, 2010 at 9:55 PM

The country is waking up to who this woman really is.

Ian on November 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM

You don’t know jack squat. Where does this come from?

You know better than anyone else who she really is?

Fortunately, we will find out for sure soon enough.

Brian1972 on November 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:34 PM

That goes beyond obtuse; you really are out there, but my telling you that won’t register, so I stop here.

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM

A

What do you suggest she do instead to prove her bona fides?
Personally, I see her as making use of what she has at hand to the absolute maximum and she still has gained a national voice.
Deep down, I believe she’d rather be in Washington helping right the course of our great nation.
BTW, Sarah Palin’s AK isn’t a “reality show;” it’s a documentary.

The country is waking up to who this woman really is.

Ian on November 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Please. Get over yourself.
If anything, they’re waking up to the fact that she’s a serious conservative leader who knows what she’s talking about even though she’s a woman and she’s not a hideous abortion-loving, Socialism-embracing troll like all the “women” leaders the Left tries to inflict on us.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 9:30 PM

This is getting hilarious. Do I have to add Carter too?

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM

churchill995 on November 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Word to the unwise: “obtuse” doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Based on your assessment of each potential candidate, you may have a bit of a problem if Palin doesn’t run.

sherry on November 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM