Cindy McCain in “No H8″ ad: It sure would be nice if certain people would finally get rid of DADT

posted at 5:34 pm on November 12, 2010 by Allahpundit

If you’re not sure who she means, here’s a hint. She’s probably not talking about Obama.

Alternate headline: “Greatest family dinner-table argument evah.

Speaking in a video for an ad campaign aimed at ending the bullying toward gay teenagers, Cindy McCain, the wife of Senator John McCain of Arizona, sounds like she’s talking about her husband when she faces the camera and says: “Our political and religious leaders tell LGBT youth that they have no future.”…

After other speakers point out that “these laws that legislate discrimination teach bullies that what they’re doing is acceptable,” Mrs. McCain asks: “Our government treats the LGBT community like second class citizens — why shouldn’t they?”

I agree with her on the merits, but cutting an ad calling her own husband a “H8″ who’s unwittingly encouraging gay teens to kill themselves? Couldn’t you just punish him by having him sleep on the couch or something? Good lord.

What this means, I guess, is that when it comes to political debates inside the family, Meggie’s the one with the real influence. Gulp. Exit question: Any chance that the First Lady might cut an ad for, say, the Club for Growth? “Our political leaders tell small businesses that they have no future…”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

JellyToast on November 12, 2010 at 7:06 PM

The virtual “undo” is noted. Those people have their own axes to grind and I’m not sure the axes are reality-based.

They own a ton of domain names related to alcohol and drug abuse too. When I was trying to find counseling for my kid, about 4 of every 5 sites were Scientology. Each one was different, but each one had the same phone number, and no other contact information. I finally figured out who they were by doing a “whois” on the domain name.

That said, either there weren’t any suicides when I was growing up [or the authorities were better about hushing things up], but there sure are now — both my kids knew a classmate who suicided. You’d think in this era of counseling and acceptance, that the numbers would be down, if anything.

unclesmrgol on November 12, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Actually he’s right and he didn’t say anything negative about his service.

catmman on November 12, 2010 at 6:56 PM

He’s saying that McCain didn’t do anything on his own — that it was his heritage that got him by. I read his words, and I took them at face value. I have quite a few problems with Meghan McCain’s politics, but I certainly wouldn’t stand by and let anyone (kids included) get bullied over their sexual orientation (or purported orientation) in my presence. I had enough bullying about “being gay” when I was in junior high school (my accent — from Buffalo — made me different enough from the Valley dudes to make me a nice target) to understand just how nasty other kids can be.

My problem with “No H8″ is that it’s a subtle play on Proposition 8 — which I voted “yes” on for very good reasons — such as the possibility of the New Jersy “Methodist pavilion” to which I refer happening here in California. The message in the video is so overladen with other meanings that I zone it out. As I’ve said elsewhere, the camel’s nose is in the tent and needs a sound thwack.

unclesmrgol on November 12, 2010 at 8:12 PM

“Can’t serve openly”…

So? Why not tell straight people they can’t run around saying,”I’m straight”. It has nothing to do with gay people being in the military. They want to publicize that they are gay. The military exists to kill and destroy. It is not a social experiment for liberals to play games with. This proves it. They are not happy with serving and not talking about being gay. They are gays first, soldiers second.

jeffn21 on November 12, 2010 at 8:13 PM

When will the McCain family realize we really don’t care about what they think about every subject.

flyoverland on November 12, 2010 at 8:15 PM

These people make me sick. Why don’t we just let ANYONE run the military??? And, the military is a VOLUNTARY enterprise. If you don’t like their rules, stay the fu@k out@!!! These bleeding heart clowns think they should run the military??? Does it ever occur to them that those in the military may not want fu@ing gays in it??? Let them start their own military.

ndanielson on November 12, 2010 at 8:32 PM

My kids both just graduated HS a few yrs ago. They left public school in 2004, but at that time being gay or bisexual put you on top of the cool, hip kids list. This from the backwoods of GA in a predominately white area with very conservative families. Where do all these kids live that get bullied now? And by what groups? The gay kids are very, very open here, our local mall is the largest in the SE and they are flocked there every weekend holding court. Can someone put me some knowledge?

di butler on November 12, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Now that cindy has her new cute butch haircut, how long till she comes out of the closet and dumps the old man?

peacenprosperity on November 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM

And by the way, there is no epidemic of gay kids getting bullied. It is just another smoke screen from the left, with the moron useful idiots all falling into lockstep.

peacenprosperity on November 12, 2010 at 8:58 PM

There’s an epidemic of kids getting punished for fighting back against bullies. Way to stoke the sanity there, libs.

Feedie on November 12, 2010 at 9:09 PM

peacenprosperity on November 12, 2010 at 8:58 PM

^^^ This.

At this point in time it’s safe to suspect that all “news” stories like this are smokescreens and then discern those that are not, than vice-versa.

infidel4life on November 12, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Why should the military be fiddled with for an irrelevant social experiement when their point is to defend the nation, not please a sexual minority’s feelings?

profitsbeard on November 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Hi Cindy,
You want someone to shack up with gays?

How about you do it. Move ‘em into your home. Let them parade their “lifestyle” in front of your family.

Still don’t get it? Well then. Attend the Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco.

Now, imagine all those people in the military. Or better yet, in your home.

moochy on November 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM

profitsbeard on November 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM

A good question with all bad answers. The women create enough distractions now, along with some broken marriages.

The most mysterious thing I find is the mil-bloggers who want DADT repealed.

It is the height of narcissism to believe there is a right to serve in the military. It is insanity to risk military efficiency for these experiments.

There will be no equivalent standards of behavior for the radicals who will join as disrupters. The bias in the system will be the same as for the Ft. Hood jihadist.

Feedie on November 12, 2010 at 11:33 PM

This is a hate-filled message from top to bottom. Opposing gay marriage is, if you believe the idiots in this PSA, is basically the same thing as urging kids to bully “LGBT teens” into killing themselves. Opposing gay marriage or adoption by gay parents is “homophobia.” Nonsense. Stop trying to hijack words. Stop demanding that I embrace YOUR agenda lest I be called a hate-filled monster and a bigot who someone wants to push kids to suicide.

Idiotic.

TheBlueSite on November 13, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I voted no on prop H8 because I am against hate.

Jimbo3 on November 12, 2010 at 5:58 PM
Irony.

Count to 10 on November 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Did you know that Himbo3 HATES hate?!
Just h8tes it!
LOL

Jenfidel on November 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I didn’t vote on it at all. I was just sharing what H8 is, in case others were as confused about it as I was.

Jimbo3 on November 13, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Nozzle, you are not fit to lick the dust off of McCain’s shoes. Say anything you like about his politics, but leave his service alone.

Whatever you say genius…BTW, I didn’t say a word about his service…His appointment to the Naval Academy, maybe so…

I happen be to be a retired Naval Aviator as well…But, I wore cammies instead of khaki…

Have a nice day!

Nozzle on November 13, 2010 at 8:18 AM

LGBT? hey no fare! she left out N and B

Necrophilia and bestiality

esnap on November 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Obama wasn’t just elected; McCain was overwhelmingly rejected.

Django on November 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM

OK, here’s where I differ with ya. Obama, according to all we’ve seen, read & heard, was elected nearly totally on emotion and “touchy-feely” BS. He had no substance. An empty suit. Now the lefties are even admitting he has no clue what he’s doing. He’s in denial. His election was a result of an extremely ignorant electorate. And conservatives staying home instead of voting. Yes, we had problems with McCain’s politics. Y’all have no evidence he’d have created a worse mess than BHO has created with his Dem controlled Congress (since ’07 BTW when the ignorant electorate caused that abomination). Snopes couldn’t affirm or deny the authenticity of the quote from a Czech newspaper but even if it weren’t legit, the words were right on. The writer said (don’t have it available to quote), in so many words that Obama is a fool. No doubt of that. America can survive a fool in the executive office. It has before, legendarily. But what it cannot survive is a huge group of fools that were stupid and ignorant enough to put him in office. Many conservatives have echoed that as bad as we thought parts of McCain’s politics were, there is NO WAY he’d have been a worse choice. Yes, Meghan’s an airhead. Didn’t think drop-dead-gorgeous Cindy was. She may not-yet be a total airhead, just ill advised.

Just offering MHO. Couldn’t sit by silently.

Oh, and to disagree is NOT to hate. If we were honest, the majority of our population would admit that homosexuality is in nearly all of our families. It is in ours. They know we love them but they also know that we cannot accept their perverted lifestyle. We know that somewhere in their past they were deceived into thinking it was a simple alternative lifestyle choice. And no one mature enough to help them was there for them to guide them, which is the really sad part of it. No, there is never a reason to bully anyone for any reason. When the bullied fights back and SERIOUSLY kicks ass, the bullying stops. And those who witness the bullying who don’t agree with it, and even if they think homosexuallity is a wrong choice, if they stand by and do nothing, they are just as wrong. They must grow a pair and stand with the bullied even if they disagree with them. Bullying is wrong. OK, I’ll shut up now.

Roger Brown on November 13, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Yeah, I know MHO will probably go over like a fart in a wetsuit.

Roger Brown on November 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM

and I care what these clowns have to say because ____________?

long_cat on November 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Sounds like Ol John needs to shop around for a new rich trophy wife.

mizflame98 on November 13, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Cindy just recanted her statement on DADT via twitter.

Reminds me of Teresa Heinz Kerry. Not very classy ladies.

I’m thankful at least we got an opponent in the White House rather than an opponent that pretends to be an ally.

scotash on November 13, 2010 at 5:52 PM

As someone who is gay I find the remarks this thread rather disgusting. I salute all those who have served our country whether they are gay or straight. I just wish that those that are gay did not have to serve in silence and fear of being revealed, ridiculed, and humiliated. And, yes, I had to be hospitalized for major depression because of my severe social anxiety disorder over my homosexuality for 17 days. When I finally hit the wall of major depression, I was able to isolate myself and I played Russian roulette for four days, I was just lucky that I was able to cheat and didn’t muck it up. I did not keep count how many times I pulled that trigger, only to hear the click of an empty cylinder ………………

SC.Charlie on November 13, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Speaking of Bullying – Homosexuals shut down Catholic Adoption Agencies in Massachusetts & MD. A Christian Photographer in NM is being sued by Homosexuals because of their religious CHOICE not to photograph the wedding of a Homosexual couple. I guess “tolerance” for gays is a one way street…their street only

Irenaeus on November 14, 2010 at 1:47 AM

No. As Tammy Bruce said in her first book, it;’s the dirty little secret in the homosexual community that the overwhlming majority were molested as children. These are people whose healthy and, yes, normal development was seriously derailed.

peacenprosperity on November 15, 2010 at 7:48 AM