New Palin “scandal”: Her Twitter favorites list is racist or something

posted at 9:26 pm on November 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

Of all the dumb non-scandal Palin “scandals,” surely this must be the dumbest. In a nutshell: If you use Twitter, you can designate tweets by other people as “favorites.” Why you would do this, I simply don’t know; I can’t imagine why anyone would want to bookmark someone else’s Twitter musings. But I’ve done it myself occasionally — accidentally, usually when I’m using a third-party Twitter client and I hit the wrong button.

So evidently one of Ann Coulter’s tweets ended up in Palin’s “favorites” list. The tweet in question had a photo of the marquee of the Obama-hating Atlah church calling The One a “Taliban Muslim.” Coulter’s snarky comment on it: “MY NEW CHURCH!” The stage is now set for the Palin conspiracy theory du jour — she thinks Obama’s in the Taliban or something and evidently is looking to communicate that fact via, er … her Twitter favorites list. Jake Tapper managed to reach her for comment:

“Jake, I’ve never purposefully ‘favorited’ any Tweet. I had to go back to my BlackBerry to even see if such a function was possible. I was traveling to Alaska that day…it was an obvious accidental ‘favoriting,’ but no one can mistake that Ann Coulter was obviously being tongue in cheek with that Tweet. Shall I correct this with whichever wonderful media outlet ran with this (an obviously bored reporter…since there must be nothing going on in the world today, like, um, ramifications of a shake up of power in the U.S. House of Representatives?).”

WaPo got a screenshot of her favorites list before she deleted all the tweets. Have a look and you’ll see that the other tweets all seem banal, which is consistent with the idea that she accidentally favorited them. As I say, I’ve done this myself, and if Palin wanted to push the “Obama’s a secret Muslim” meme (which any credible aspiring presidential candidate wouldn’t, natch), I’m pretty sure she could find a higher profile medium than one of Twitter’s more arcane functions. So there’s the big scandal in a nutshell. Onto the next! Exit question: Does she … know about Bristol yet?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

So good of you to come to Palin’s defense on this dribble, Allah. This would have been too topical.
CTSherman on November 4, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I saw this last night and thought he would use her and others way forward statements in the QOTD. Allah overestimates himself or underestimates us. He posts about her because she brings traffic. But he us trying to trivialize and marginalize her doing posts like this. He’s not so slick and quick we can’t see that.

CCRWM on November 5, 2010 at 10:17 AM

What’s obvious really is that the Dems do blame her, in part, for the activism that swelled. And they would be right about that. She was the one who supported the Teaparties and wouldn’t play the game the other GOP types were playing. They were acting like those people were scary and dangerous. She didn’t.

She was a huge part of the validation process. Rand Paul will also be. Scott Brown….immediately dissed the group after taking the vote. And we’ll see where Rubio ends up.

The Dems are correct to continue focusing on her. She’s formidible, and they know it.

AnninCA on November 5, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Rick Perry was singing from the same songbook today on Morning Joe. Sort of interesting….

AnninCA on November 5, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I’ll never understand why the left puts so much energy into destroying someone they “hope” wins the 2012 nominee because she would be such an “easy opponent…”

If she will be so easy to defeat, why not just prop her up as the best choice like they did with John McCain?

athenanyc on November 5, 2010 at 10:28 AM

athenanyc on November 5, 2010 at 10:28 AM

“They” are propping up Huckabee & Romney, cause the FEAR Palin.

royzer on November 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM

That Pastor is really a piece of work, I sent you an email about him being a racist Allah – back before the election. He was passing out flyers on 125th Street begging the people of Harlem to stop shopping in the neighborhood – calling Rudy and Bill Clinton white racists – he’s a nut. His failed campaign was called No Dew No Rain.

He strongly believes in social justice – his whole campaign was based on it, and Black Liberation Theology. He was upset with Rudy allowing the deregulation of apt units throughout the city, and he wanted to also stop the coop and condo conversions in Harlem. At the height of his campaign there were about 125 project happening and he was not happy about it. he added the president of Citi-Bank to the assault.

But then The Right embraced this guy – because he hates Obama – he was welcome on Fox with Hannity & Cavuto, which was really ridiculous. Once Cavuto figured it out that he was a closeted social justice junkie, he no longer had him on.

He’s a wingnut Jeremiah Wright, only more profane. In front of children during his Sunday sermon he’ll say things like “Obama’s mother was a big titted white woman”, he is just inappropriate around children.

Why The Right initally embraced this guy makes no sense at all.

AprilOrit on November 5, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I don’t blame Sarah Palin – I blame Hannity for main streaming this guy on his show in 2008.

Thus the joke between Ann Coulter and Mark LaMont Hill – who while walking in Harlem – texted Ann the picture of the sign – as an inside joke between them.

The pastor is a whack-a-doodle and they were joking about him, as everyone should, he’s a laughing stock.

AprilOrit on November 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM