CNN poll: Obama loses in 2012 to Huckabee, Romney

posted at 12:15 pm on November 4, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Is it too early for 2012 presidential-election blogging?  Realistically speaking, the season opened yesterday, as the candidates-to-be concluded their ground work for the midterms and now focus on the upcoming primary season.  CNN kicks it off with a new poll on some head-to-head matchups and Republican enthusiasm for each — and the names and numbers look familiar, except that Obama has started slipping against a couple of them:

In a possible general election showdown, Obama leads Palin 52-44 percent among all registered voters.

“Looking ahead to 2012, it may be too early to count Barack Obama out, particularly if Sarah Palin is his opponent,” said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. “The former Alaska governor gets a lot of attention, but she is in third place when Republicans are asked to pick a presidential nominee, and in a hypothetical matchup with Obama she is arguably the weakest candidate of the top-tier GOP hopefuls.”

In a hypothetical 2012 matchup, Huckabee leads Obama 52 – 44 percent, while Romney has a 50-45 point advantage, which is within the poll’s sampling error. Obama holds a 49-47 percent margin over Gingrich.

The poll indicates that four in 10 have a favorable opinion of Palin, with nearly half saying they have an unfavorable view.

This presumes that Palin will actually run in 2012, of course, and that attitudes will remain fixed in that period of time.  That won’t be the case, however, especially if the US remains in the “new normal” economic stagnation that we have experienced for more than a year.  If we have another year of high unemployment and low growth and 2012 begins to look as bleak as 2010, voters will start to change their minds.

In fact, that’s the actual takeaway from this poll.  Voters seem to have crossed the Rubicon of voting against Obama in 2012.  While that may not sound like much to those who voted against him in 2008, it’s a bigger deal than people think.  Most incumbent Presidents who run for a second term win it.  The only two who have failed to do that since World War II have been Jimmy Carter and George H. W. Bush, who also had to deal with a serious third-party candidate in Ross Perot.  (Carter claimed the same with John Anderson in 1980, but Anderson didn’t impact the race at all; Gerald Ford lost his bid for the office, but he wasn’t elected to it in the first place.)  Having majorities admit to themselves and others that they’re ready to give a one-term President the boot is a telling moment.

It then comes down to alternatives, and frankly, it’s far too early to decide on one.  The presumed candidates will have a year or more to make their cases, and we don’t even know who may or may not enter the ring.  On the Imus show this morning, for instance, author Douglas Brinkley thought Texas Governor Rick Perry might make a run for the office, and that he might get Palin’s backing if he does.  Perry just won a third term in Texas and the state went even deeper red.  Instead of testing Perry in the poll, CNN tested for Ron Paul, a Texan who has little chance of winning anything except his Congressional seat in 2012.

Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney have their supporters, and given their organizational efforts in 2008 an 2010, have an advantage; for that matter, so does Palin with her ties to the Tea Party and organizing.  But we won’t know whether any of them will be in the race or who will catch fire. What we do know is that Obama is beatable in 2012.

Update: I had the wrong link for the CNN poll; it’s fixed now.

Update II: Still had the wrong link! Sorry about that. Now it’s fixed. I promise.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Voting for Huckabee in 2012? Gosh, sorry, I think I’m busy that day.

myrenovations on November 4, 2010 at 12:18 PM

If Pence doesn’t run, Huck will probably run. I know people on this board hate him, but somehow he does the best in the polls.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on November 4, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Poor CNN. If only politics were static. Then they could freeze and continually replay November 2008 forever!

powerpro on November 4, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Keep polling that chicken.

The Mega Independent on November 4, 2010 at 12:19 PM

How about Jindal? He has no serious negatives, and he looked great during the oil spill.

Good Solid B-Plus on November 4, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Sure, and the Republican lead was 19 % on Tuesday.

stenwin77 on November 4, 2010 at 12:19 PM

This presumes that Palin will actually run in 2012

She isn’t running.

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM

John Bolton

Herman Cain

Chris Christy

Paul Ryan

Huckabee is an Evangelical Used Car Salesman and Romney? (one word: ROMNEYCARE)

stenwin77 on November 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM

She isn’t running.

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I’m pretty confident she is.

powerpro on November 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM

She isn’t running.

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I wonder who she will endorse?

Mitt or Huck?

portlandon on November 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I might be able to hold my nose and vote for Mittens, but if it’s the Huckster, I’m going back to voting Libertarian.

A Perry/Palin ticket? That might just be the winner.

rbj on November 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I haven’t seen Romney come out since Tues. Huckabee was on Fox last night but I don’t think Romney has a chance. I know that’s who the dems want to run because of Romenycare. They think that Romney won’t repeal Zerocare. I think Romney doesn’t have a chance. I sure hope Huckabee doesn’t either.

Brat4life on November 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

There’s gotta be somebody better out there than Huck or Mitt. A conservative state gov’nah with military and business experience.

Tony737 on November 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

What we do know is that Obama is beatable in 2012.

Figured that was going to happen as soon as Obama was not able to hide behind the media distortions anymore. Everyone who was clueless in 2008 has caught a clue in 2010 after seeing Obama’s version of leadership for themselves. Also they have finally been clued in that European socialism is alive and well, planting roots here in the U.S. And suprise, most American’s don’t like it.

Hog Wild on November 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I wonder who she will endorse?

Mitt or Huck?

portlandon on November 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM

My money is on Mitt.

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

In early summer 2008 when I was telling all of my Dem friends about Palin and her accomplishments — and why I wanted her as VP — people were very warm and receptive to the idea.

By October 2008 that was all gone and replaced with “Did you KNOW??!? this about Palin?!” followed with the media meme generator du jour.

So, yes, it’s still too early. Look how Palin tumbled from record high popularity and glowing media to the exact opposite, in 0-to-60 flat.

And yet still Mittbots point to these polls when he hasn’t been Palin’d yet. Excuse me while I giggle and subsequently roll my eyes.

lansing quaker on November 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

The only thing this polls shows is the least known REP beats Obama.

and since we are talking about 2012 presidential election it now is a EC game and not poll results.

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM

CNN poll? Who cares?

Del Dolemonte on November 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Till then, I hope that commonsense patriots will join me in applauding the real heroes of this election year: the Tea Party Americans. In 2008, we were told that we had to “move beyond Reagan.” Well, some of us refused to believe that America chose big-government European-style socialism. American voters elected a politician who cloaked his agenda in the language of moderation. Once the mask was removed, Americans rejected his “fundamental transformation.” The Tea Party reminded us that Reaganism is still our foundation. I think the Gipper is smiling down on us today waving the Gadsden Flag.

— Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska, was the 2008 Republican nominee for vice president.

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM

The Huckster and Palin both have the advantage of more exposure via Fox. Lordy, please keep him off the ballot. I can handle any of the others, but..

a capella on November 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I don’t see Palin ever playing second fiddle ever again. I think she’ll want to forward her own agenda and positions, not feel forced into pushing someone else’s.

powerpro on November 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Let me steal the best comment on this today from hedgehogreport:

#67 – That’s what I’m saying yesterday about why Palin should be the nominee. Right now, with everyone “hating” her, and everyone saying she’s an “idiot” — she’s only 8 point behind the marxist messiah…. and this is AFTER the media used up all their attacks on her.

Sure, Huckabee and Romney are leading now, but no one has ever attacked them. Just wait until the media/obama ask why Romney was part of a church that wouldn’t accept black people until the 1980s; ask Huckabee why he released a serial killer because huck was convinced the guy had converted to a true christian; watch them tag romney with the shady olympics deals in 02.

IT’s not FAIR… it sucks… but that’s the way it is. Any acceptable GOP candidate will be dragged down and obama will win.

But Palin? As much as she annoys me sometimes, her floor apparently is about 42-45%. With the kitchen sink thrown at her — she’s only down 8.

In a way, the media wasted their attack lines too soon, so Sarah’s kinda “BULLETPROOF”.

I generally agree. Sarahs negatives aren’t getting worse and she’s only had negative press. She’s only getting better

Huck and romney can only get worse

SARAH / RUBIO will win

picklesgap on November 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Huckabee? Seriously, these polls are just stupid.

Romney I could see (yea yea, he’s still electable) but Huckabee is just silly.

Jewels on November 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

The media picked McCain as the Republican candidate last time. We all know how that turned out. It could happen again if we don’t watch out.

AubieJon on November 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

CNN, already trying to handpick who our presidential candidate should be. No we won’t have another McCain debacle, thank you very much.

Huckabee, no. Romney, no. New blood, yes.

fogw on November 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney are non starters. They’ll never win for the same reason McCain couldn’t win. A good section of Republicans supporters for one candidate won’t for the other in the GE. Ironically, Palin doesn’t have that problem to the extent that the other two do. In the next year, Palin needs to really improve those numbers though. I think she can do it.

MrX on November 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I will not vote for Huckster or Romneycarer…with a HOR and maybe Senate majority I’ll wait until 2016.

Caper29 on November 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

lansing quaker on November 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

So True. Mitt hasn’t been leaned on by the savage media yet. They’ll be digging through is family, his background, and his past business dealings.

Romney has his skeletons, and putting too much stock in him yet is kind of scary.

portlandon on November 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I want this for posterity: If Mike Huckabee is the candidate in 2012, I will vote third-party, write in, or not at all.

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM

She isn’t running.

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I wonder who she will endorse?

Mitt or Huck?

portlandon on November 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Heh!

WisRich on November 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM

He’s already said HE’s NOT RUNNING. If anything, he’ll endorse Palin if she runs.

Of course CNN continues to prop up Huck and Romney who have NO CHANCE of winning the GOP primary even if Palin doesn’t run.

davek70 on November 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM

lansing quaker on November 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

i think she learned her leasson:

The second lesson of this election is one a number of the candidates had to learn to their cost: Fight back the lies immediately and consistently. Some candidates assumed that, once they received their party’s nomination, the conservative message would automatically carry the day. Unfortunately, political contests aren’t always about truth and justice. Powerful vested interests will combine to keep bad candidates in place and good candidates out of office. Once they let themselves be defined as “unfit” (decorated war hero Joe Miller) or “heartless” (pro-life, international women’s rights champion Carly Fiorina), good candidates often find it virtually impossible to get their message across. The moral of their stories: You must be prepared to fight for your right to be heard.

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM

How does Romney think he is going to get around his “spawn” Romney Care, the model for Obamascare?

Dr Evil on November 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM

portlandon on November 4, 2010 at 12:25

They already did that when they thought he was going to be VP. so they are locked and loaded as soon as Mitt gets the nomination he is done.

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I don’t trust this poll. The MSM wants either of these two to be the nominee and are trying to trick Republicans into voting for them in the primary by making them look electable.

There are a lot better candidates out there.

Gabe on November 4, 2010 at 12:28 PM

HERMAN CAIN!!!

parteagirl on November 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I will never vote for Huckabee, for the following reasons:

Sergeant Mark Renninger
Officer Ronald Owens
Officer Tina Griswold
Officer Greg Richards
Carol Sue Shields

NOT. FIT. TO. LEAD.

vermillionsky on November 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM

At this rate a parking meter would be a better president than Obama; so I’d prefer any republican to him. The guy seriously thinks he’s going to succeed in creating a permanent ideological shift to the left in the American populace as a result of entrenched entitlements put in place by Obamacare. At this rate, I’d vote for Huckabee, Gingrich or the Jolly Green Giant rather than have more Obama.

Tacitus on November 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I hope Obama gets reelected. There are no good sitcoms right now and the White House is the best comedy going.

Metro on November 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Massive traffic jam as carts before horses overturn on WeWin Highway.

Limerick on November 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I checked the WaPo’s Palin Tracker today just to see their take on all things Palin. For one thing, it seems their math doesn’t add up…I thought she endorsed over 80 candidates total, but they only tracked 64 (including 10 Primary candidates who lost). Some of those 80+ were lesser races (like AG winner Pam Bondi), so whatevs.

They have her won/lost on Tuesday at 32W, 17L, and 5 undecided. I’d say That’s a pretty good batting average (about .666). I’d bet that including the lesser races would elevate that average, and that gives Palin a LOTTA ALLIES in sitting elected positions.

And then there’s this…an opinion piece bt David Ignatius:

“The Death of Palinism”

NOTE: Ok, this is weird…as I was going back to link this idiot’s opinion piece, it has disappearred…POOF!…down the memory hole. Can’t even find it in my History files.

But my bigger point is, right next to the link to the Palin Tracker, where Palin won many more than she lost, was this link to the David Ignoramus hit piece. Typical.

ornery_independent on November 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Palin can not win and she’d be a fool to run.

She would be a great GOTV vehicle for the base, that’s it.

Look how difficult it was to elect tea partiers to the Senate and then get a clue.

rickyricardo on November 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM

No we won’t have another McCain – fogw

Thank you! No more McCain, Dole, name recognition candidates!

Tony737 on November 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I don’t see Palin endorsing Huckabee or Romney unless or until one of them has already won the nomination. I am hoping that our candidate has not yet emerged, but if Palin runs, I’ll be out supporting her because…because…

My collie says:

Because the inanity is just too DAMN high.

Yeah. That’s it.

CyberCipher on November 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM

This is a stacked poll. I call it the McCain effect. Libs will stack votes for the candidate they feel they can beat.

Egfrow on November 4, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Is it too early for 2012 presidential-election blogging?

Yes!!!! Let’s take the rest of the week off for that stuff and focus on Tuesday’s winners.

joejm65 on November 4, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Only one candidate would be too big to fail.

He is conservatives’ best (and only) hope.

exlibris on November 4, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Now that the real poll is over, the MFM is already back to their fake polls.

ornery_independent on November 4, 2010 at 12:31 PM

CNN loves to push Huckabee along.

Don’t they know his dream is to host his own game show?

jake-the-goose on November 4, 2010 at 12:32 PM

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM

That will be toughbut if he wins the nomination I guess I will have to suck it up..I pulled it for McCain..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2010 at 12:33 PM

It’s too early. A couple of the people most likely to be in the mix at that time aren’t even in consideration in these polls.

forest on November 4, 2010 at 12:33 PM

exlibris on November 4, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Sorry, but I disagree. He’s conservative for NJ, but not conservative enough for the country.

ornery_independent on November 4, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Dear Chris Christie,

Please run in 2012 and save us from another failed Republican candidacy.

Best regards,
me

vermillionsky on November 4, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Palin is a hot Sharon Angle. I expect similar results if she runs. Let the RINO name-calling begin!

Speedwagon82 on November 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Rove and Bush people are pushing Rubio. I think he is too early yet.

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Speedwagon82 on November 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM

sexist idiot

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Palin does not have a huge ego and her passion for setting the country right will come first. If she reads the writing on the wall, even she will know her campaign could jeopardize taking out Obama. I doubt she would put it on the line in 2012.

sherry on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

CNN releases a poll with Palin losing to Obama? Well, we sure know who they really fear!

Mark1971 on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Palin can not win and she’d be a fool to run.

She would be a great GOTV vehicle for the base, that’s it.

rickyricardo on November 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM

You do understand that all of these polls have only one purpose don’t you?
Come on.
You can admit it. Yes,
To prevent Palin from getting into the race.

I say let her run and let the American people decide.

WisRich on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Huckabee, no. Romney, no. New blood, yes.

fogw on November 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Absolutely spot on. I’m so sick of the rhetoric from Huck and Mitt…but, I digress. Let’s see and hear from some fresh voices. We can do sooooo very much better.

GoldenEagle4444 on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

What about John Bolton? I’m hoping he runs…

Ms. Right on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Mitt or Huck. Mutt or Jeff. Frick or Frack. Tweedle-Dee or Tweedle-Dum. No and hell no.

Extrafishy on November 4, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I say let her run and let the American people decide.

WisRich on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I agree..If she wants to run she can..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Rove and Bush people are pushing Rubio. I think he is too early yet.

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I agree. Rubio will be VP or president someday, but not yet.

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2010 at 12:37 PM

These polls tell me one thing: Voters know all there is to know about Palin and nothing about Romney and Huckabee. Romney might make a viable candidate, but Huckabee the big-spending, murderer-pardoning, tax-loving nanny stater will not appeal to this “new wave” of conservative voters once they get a load of his record. Right now, all anyone knows of him is what they see on his TV show, his phony “aw shucks” persona. When the real Huckster becomes known to America — and his opponents in the primary will expose him — it will be all over for him. If it isn’t, and Republicans vote for him anyway, then we deserve whatever we get.

As for Palin, “trailing” by eight points: I think those numbers are pretty good for a woman who is vilified daily by the coastal elites. She can turn it around with the right messaging. It all begins next Sunday when the TV show and the book debut.

NoLeftTurn on November 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I think last tuesday started a preference cascade. I can’t remember who coined that term But Aceofspades has mentioned it many times. The concept makes sense to me and results like this could be evidence that it exists.

Mord on November 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM

vermillionsky on November 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM

And don’t forget this…

tencole on November 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Huckabee’s rosy numbers don’t take into account the number of new victims that will be murdered by Huckabee-released prisoners between now and the 2012 election. I’ll bet there’ll be at least ten.

Cicero43 on November 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM

What about John Bolton? I’m hoping he runs…

Ms. Right on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

He would make a great secretary of state.

Gabe on November 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I really really want people to consider Romney.

Yes, he had Romney care, but keep in mind it was the first of its kind and many of the problems developed under Patrick. Romney could possibly have gone back and made corrections.

Obama is the one who, seeing the problems of Romneycare in MA, went full speed ahead and nationalized it.

Romney is smart and fiscally savvy. Let’s not count him out. Please please please please please.

MayBee on November 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

NoLeftTurn on November 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Wasn’t it all supposed to begin when she put out her first book?

Mark1971 on November 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

NoLeftTurn on November 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM

And I would add the Joe Miller/Lisa Murky deal is decided..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Rove and Bush people are pushing Rubio. I think he is too early yet.

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Yes, way too early but his communication skills and presentation are extremely impressive. Out of the gate, he has that going for him and Palin is still trying to correct that two years later.

sherry on November 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Can we do better than Mittens and Chuckles?? Gosh, please please with cherries on top. How about Daniels?? Christie? TPaw? Perhaps we can just fast forward into the future and vote for Marco Rubio.

Illinidiva on November 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM

well CNN has a small window to get the hate palin message out. Next week the TLC show will pull amazing ratings …..then the second book tour.

Can you imagine if the new book tour is the same as the last book tour? with people campaing out to see her?

If Palin does things correct in the next couple months the nomination will be wrapped up by Mar. And the funny thing is the establishment doesn’t see it.

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Palin can not win and she’d be a fool to run.

She would be a great GOTV vehicle for the base, that’s it.

rickyricardo on November 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM

You are the one who is a fool, nothing is static in politics.

I say she should run, and make the others earn it if they win.

What are you afraid of? If she isn’t the real deal, someone better will knock her off. Then you will be proven right, and you can do the happy dance.

I think that a primary campaign with debates, speeches all over, and victories heavily covered will change those numbers among non-Republicans.

That is what happened for Obama and Huckabee as well.

Winning the Iowa Caucuses does wonders for the perception of the not-so-involved voters.

Let’s have the competition, fight it out fair and square and see what happens.
It will be better for the candidates, the party, and the country.

Brian1972 on November 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Hilarious. Keating, with a name like yours, we’re all deeply disappointed in you.

rrpjr on November 4, 2010 at 12:41 PM

How about the MSM doesn’t get to pick the candidate this time?

reaganaut on November 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Probably THE MOST valuable role that Palin could play in the next election is to be as visible as possible on the campaign trail. If she can serve as lightning rod, drawing fire from the LSM, it might distract them enough to render their all attacks on our nominee ineffectual.

My collie says:

And yes, the LSM IS stupid enough to fall for it.

CyberCipher on November 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM

If Romney is the nominee, the libtards will go balls out with the Mormon bashing, thereby motivating all the Latter Day Saints in the Southwest. Which is pretty much the most reliable way of winning the Electoral vote because I doubt we will be able to poach Pennsylvania or the Midwest blue states.

Speedwagon82 on November 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Huckabee will not even run after the debacle with the criminal he let lose on a commuted sentence or parole and the killing spree in Washington State. There is no way, no how he could beat Obama as things stands. The opposition would run that attack ad again and again. And what about gravitas, Mr. Rove? Is Huckabee a “serious” show? This is why polls are taken with a grain of salt.

mwbri on November 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM

MayBee on November 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

spending 170 million on a CA race and losing is not smart nor politically savvy. hiding under your desk as the soicalist takes over the country and telling people to move beyond Reagan is not smart not savvy

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM

There are a lot better candidates out there.

Gabe on November 4, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Agreed!!! They’re playing us, and let’s not buy into it.

Mark1971 on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Yup!!! Exactly right!

capejasmine on November 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM

CNN is merely attempting to make the news, instead of reporting it.

dogsoldier on November 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM

State-run healthcare is a good idea if only it’s properly tweaked? Yeah, that’s convincing. If only Romney had applied his magically-powerful intellect to fixing the mess that he created in the first place Romneycare would have been just peachy.

Frankly, that’s one of the stupidest arguments I’ve ever heard.

Cicero43 on November 4, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Speedwagon82 on November 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM

HAHAHA. What an uninformed idiotic assessment.

davek70 on November 4, 2010 at 12:44 PM

This was not a poll of voters, but was limited to Republicans. So it’s only spin by the Stop Palin War Room. Nice work Karl.

jimw on November 4, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Speedwagon82 on November 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM

did you sleep for the last couple of days and are just waking up or something? All those states went red tues

unseen on November 4, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I say she should run, and make the others earn it if they win.

Brian1972 on November 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I agree she should run if she wants, I just don’t believe she will, based on the numbers. Her strength seems to be more geared towards GOTV. What I don’t want to see is a repeat of “my preferred GOP candidate is great, and your preferred GOP candidate is lousy, and I won’t support them if they win.”

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2010 at 12:45 PM

My money is on Mitt.

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Hey did I miss Mitt’s endorsements yesterday? Strange he did not come out in support in mid term elections.

antisocial on November 4, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Huckabee, Romney? Blahhhhhhhhh

Until I see some one better I like Mike Pence

Rovin on November 4, 2010 at 12:45 PM

MayBee on November 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

He couldn’t beat McCain, with unlimited resources.

Romney is overrated, but we will see because he is going to do it again.

Brian1972 on November 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Let’s have the competition, fight it out fair and square and see what happens.
It will be better for the candidates, the party, and the country.

Brian1972 on November 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM

This will be the biggest problem as I see it. I’m afraid the entrenched interests in D.C. will be actively working against her.

WisRich on November 4, 2010 at 12:47 PM

sherry on November 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

No one serves one half of one term as governor of a state that is as red as it can get, quits to facebook and make tens of millions off of folks who adore her, then somehow thinks she’s qualified to be president without having a monumental ego. I’d say ol’ community organizer and Palin have pretty similar egos.

TheBlueSite on November 4, 2010 at 12:47 PM

This is what I dislike about Hot Air… They post polls from biased liberal outfits that help spread their disinformation campaign and never balance it with a conservtive poll. Is CNN going to release a poll showing Palin positively and their guy Obama negatively? They are seeding the clouds hoping to produce a rain of support for two guys who will not win. Huck’s fundraising tanked and Romney was AWOL during the hard fight this past election. If conservatives wanted them, they would be getting all the hits and disrespect from the Hatefilled Left not Palin.

Can we please get some balance here!

CCRWM on November 4, 2010 at 12:48 PM

MayBee on November 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Let’s not and say we did. My issue with Romney is that he’s not authentic. If you’re a wealthy investment banker and waspy, moderate New England Republican, then run as an economic fix-it man and policy wonk who is a squish on social issues. Don’t try to reinvent yourself every two years. Mittens’ reinvention of himself as a social con and an immigration hardliner in 2008 was so bad it wasn’t even plausible. In 2012, I expect him to pretend to be a “blue collar” sort of guy despite the fact that he owns a vacation home in France. He’s already driving around in a pickup truck trying to be Scott Brown.

Illinidiva on November 4, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Wasn’t it all supposed to begin when she put out her first book?

Mark1971 on November 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

If I recollect, she did enjoy a surge in favorables following the release of her first book.

Her focus has not been on her own prospects this last year. It has been on getting others elected. Why don’t we wait and see what happens once she starts promoting herself as effectively as she has promoted some of her endorsees? Some people might be surprised out the outcome.

NoLeftTurn on November 4, 2010 at 12:49 PM

MayBee on November 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I am still a bit wary of Mitt, but on Laura Ingraham’s show he enthusiastically commended Sarah Palin’s impact on the party. He did not give the typical establishment spin. So he gets the benefit of the doubt for now.

mwbri on November 4, 2010 at 12:50 PM

antisocial on November 4, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I was talking about Palin endorsing Mitt.

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2010 at 12:50 PM

We’ve GOT to do better than any of them… I’d like to see more of what Chris Christie is made of, but short of that, I get no warm-fuzzy’s from anyone yet.

bernzright777 on November 4, 2010 at 12:50 PM