Video: Happy days are here again!

posted at 9:44 pm on November 3, 2010 by Allahpundit

Inspired silliness from Glenn Beck and crew to cleanse the mind and palate after a tumultuous, exhilarating, sporadically heart-achey 48 hours. Ace confessed earlier to being a little — emphasis on little — disappointed in the results. Me too, partly because losing to Reid is crushing under any circumstances, partly because the red wave actually didn’t reach many blue districts, and partly because the last-minute generic ballot polls from Rasmussen and, especially, Gallup had me thinking that we might see something truly apocalyptic last night, possibly on the order of 100 seats. That was my mistake: We’d been warned repeatedly this year that Gallup’s generic ballot polling can be wildly bouncy, and Nate Silver noted this morning that Rasmussen’s polling did in fact have a GOP “house effect” in many races this year. Should have been more skeptical. As it is, retaking the House and topping 1994 with a 60+ pick-up is a nice “consolation prize,” no? As I said last week, no Democratic president will ever again pursue an ambitious liberal agenda, especially in his first term, without considering the electoral consequences very, very carefully.

And like the man here says, Alan Grayson lost. By 18 points! Worth singing about. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I still can’t believe that someone like Harry Reid, with the unemployment rate being what it is in Nevada, won reelection.

I still can’t believe it.

Richard Romano on November 3, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Neither can we:(

As for the video. Glenn is at his best with his staff here.

My husband loved it. He said, “You’d think it would get old, but it doesn’t.”

Thanks, after Reid winning here, I needed that.

But, hey, we got rid of Dina Titus, so it wasn’t all bad.

Happy days are here again!

Jvette on November 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM

I wish we didn’t have Reid to kick around anymore; but then again, we STILL HAVE REID TO KICK AROUND.

barnone on November 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Seriously? LOL that would just be awesome!! Obama demoted to VP LOL what the crap are they thinking? As if Bambi would agree to that, vehement narcissist that he is!!!

Cookies Mom on November 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Yep. Lots of “if Repubs keep it up people will be sick of them again in two years”, “if they run Palin we are SO in”, but their nod to Hillary was most interesting. They know Obama is a boat anchor, but can’t admit it.

txhsmom on November 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Cookies Mom on November 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Hillary would have to get a food taster.

trigon on November 4, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Thanks for the laughter! We miss Pat Gray here in the Houston area, but glad the rest of America can enjoy him now. I used to drop the kids off at school and take the long way home just so I could listen to him and start the day laughing.

redwhiteblue on November 4, 2010 at 12:07 AM

OK, I admit it’s funny, but it really does get old after the first five or six times.

RINO in Name Only on November 4, 2010 at 1:17 AM

RINO in Name Only on November 4, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I actually thought it got funnier each time.

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2010 at 1:35 AM

It is indeed very funny but we here in California got the royal shaft! Moonbeam, and Gavin Newsome as AG along with Ma’am Boxer remaining in the senate. I expect the San Joaquin valley will remain a dust bowl, and we will have gay marraige and pot both state legal within the year no matter how we voted on both of these items

Vntnrse on November 4, 2010 at 1:41 AM

I suspect Obama did, and that was just collateral damage to pass ObamaCare. I think Allahpundit had it just right in the Slurpee post, that “Lost seats can be regained, but legislation — usually — is forever.”

redeye on November 4, 2010 at 1:57 AM

losing to Reid is crushing under any circumstances

Yes, and combined with the slouchig-backward-toward-doom that occurred in California while most of the rest of the nation jumped forward, AND the Alaska mess…these things most of all were very disappointing.

BUT ABOUT the Reid thing: the GOP didn’t take the majority of the Senate BUT we DID get a big majority in the House AND THAT’s great. We won’t have that “super majority” thing to be blamed by Obama in his next and last two years in D.C. and we will have Reid and his union buds (CA and Utah, particularly) to hold up for increased scrutiny.

So, actually, having Reid in the Senate isn’t doom, it’s a tool. And I think Boehner is going to be a good Majority Leader in the House to counter Reid’s ongoing stink in the Senate.

Lourdes on November 4, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Channeling Sam Kinison

Kini on November 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM

“Ohhh, OHHHH, you lied to me againnnn!”

Lourdes on November 4, 2010 at 2:53 AM

OK, LET IT STOP! PLEASE!

I have listened to this a dozen times and it keeps getting funnier. I am running out of Kleenex and my eyes are more bloodshot than a chronic bong hitter of, well….chronic.

Radio is hard. Comedy is harder. Radio comedy is the hardest of all and this is automatically in the Hall of Fame of radio comedy.

It also proves that lefty radio trolls like Malloy, NPR, Rhodes, Schultz, Air America, Garafalo, etc.,NEVER make it in the free market.

The secret?

LIGHTHEARTEDNESS

This bit flowed and grew since it was genuine and lighthearted. Go see a Margaret Cho, Jeananne Garafalo or David Cross stand up show.

Angry. Hard. Serious. Snippy. Snarky. Sarcastic.

But never, never, EVER…… lighthearted. And their bits never grow “organically” as they are being played out.

This bit from Glenn and his crew are a case study of classic, wonderful extraordinary comedy.

I will watch this every time I need a laugh.

God bless you Glenn Beck!

Opposite Day on November 4, 2010 at 3:15 AM

oh please, you can’t win every election and you ignore knocking of Gianoulis and winning the vast majority of governorships and state houses as irrelevant. IN the real world of poli-sci Incumbency is a potent force and can often withstand the toughest challenges. We swamped the Dems this cycle and the challenge to Reid and others forced Obama and the Dems to shift resources that might have saved Sestak and innumerable house seats.

rob verdi on November 4, 2010 at 6:02 AM

Too funny! I laughed my Alan Grayson off.

mydogspot on November 4, 2010 at 6:07 AM

I actually thought it got funnier each time.

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2010 at 1:35 AM

That’s cause it did! OMG, I’m crying. My sides are split.

Murf76 on November 4, 2010 at 7:13 AM

I actually thought it got funnier each time.

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I agree.

It gets old in the way that Sam Kinison gets old. That is, it doesn’t.

Good Lt on November 4, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Nancy Pelosi‘s “Democrats are holding the House Majority” announcement was as stupid as Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf, aka Baghdad Bob, announcing that there were no US Troops entering Baghdad resulting from Rumsfelt’s Shock and Awe (precisely speedy invasion without back-up support supply route and US fortresses established along the way).

Tea Party lesson to this speedy ascent Majority? Don’t let down the guard in Washington. Stay true to your constituents; organize with Michele Bachmann and be effective on agenda.

maverick muse on November 4, 2010 at 8:08 AM

This was the best gloat ever–laughed until I cried. And then I watched it again. Sent it to all my friends. The ones who aren’t bitter, that is. There is NO comedy happening in that camp this week. (“Yeah, we gone and kicked their AAAAAAAAAAAAASS”)

Love the Glenn/Pat/Stu combo when they’re bouncing off each other. Hysterical. One of the best was after the Algore/masseuse story broke. I thought I was going to choke.

hoosiermama on November 4, 2010 at 8:31 AM

10 minutes of solid, glorious gloating. Enjoy it for the moment… then time to get to work!

mankai on November 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Comedy Gold. Thanks for taking the post-Barney bit of gloom off my soul.

princetrumpet on November 4, 2010 at 9:34 AM

The lasting lesson of the Tea Party candidates who lost: wave is good, but you still have to have a functional, viable candidate. Angle was cast as a nut, quite effectively, and of course COD was pilloried as a witch.

And there were other mistakes and miscalculations. The GOP needs to improve the ground game. Union/Mob machines in Vegas and Chicago saved two candidates that didn’t deserve re-election.

Jaibones on November 4, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Are you kidding me? The largest defeat since the 1930′s is a consolation prize, not to mention what the pick up of the governors races will do for us with redrawing voting district lines? Pretty short sited, but I’m not really sure what side your on Allah. This is the kind of thing I expect to hear from liberals. Well they only picked up 60+ seats so it was really not much of a win.

New Patriot on November 4, 2010 at 9:48 AM

The video’s a riot! That squeaky voice had me cracking up even when I didn’t want to laugh any more.

SilentWatcher on November 4, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Here in the People’s Republic, where the D’s took every congressional seat and every statewide office . . . I really needed this video! Thanks.

MassVictim on November 4, 2010 at 1:18 PM

OK, boys, boys! Hang your heads in shame! See that stool over there in the corner…please go over there…and climb up on it yelling, “Ya got yers, Dumbocrats! Take that, Nance! Bug off, Barack!”

Whoah! Every Republican and Conservative in the nation should see this. Ya done good, boys! Happy Days Are Here Again!

Mae on November 5, 2010 at 1:48 AM