8 p.m.: Eastern U.S. coming in; Update: Coons, Blumenthal, Manchin win; Winners: Marco Rubio, Kelly Ayotte, Tim Scott, Dan Webster over Alan Grayson; Update: Grayson blames weather

posted at 8:00 pm on November 2, 2010 by Allahpundit

The polls are about to close in 19 states, so prepare for an avalanche of returns. Senate races this hour: Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania, Mark Kirk in Illinois, Linda McMahon in Connecticut and … O’Donnell. If Coons’s lead held, that race should be called fairly quickly. Other Senate races are locks for the GOP: Kelly Ayotte, a mama grizzly, is going to win in New Hampshire, and John Boozman’s finally going to put Blanche Lincoln out of her misery in Arkansas.

Massachusetts is also coming in this hour; if Bielat pulls the upset, look out for a ‘bot cameo. Other House races: Kristi Noem is favored against Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin in SD-1; ancient Democratic titan Ike Skelton tries to hold on in MO-4; and John Dingell aims for his 8,000th term in the House by holding off Rob Steele in MI-15.

Update: Right at the top of the hour, CNN calls it for Ayotte, and … Chris Coons. The blowout evidently happened. There’ll be more to say about that tomorrow, but not tonight.

Update: Finally, finally, CNN calls Florida for Rubio. Our long national nightmare is over; the most cynical opportunist in the entire field this year is no more.

Dude, it’s time.

value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x11yc7_robot-libido_fun?additionalInfos=0&related=0">

Update: Here’s one to please grassroots righties: Tom Perriello, who defended his ObamaCare and stimulus votes and brought The One in to campaign him last week, is reportedly kaput. That’s not an official call, but he’s eight points down with 63 percent reporting. Meanwhile, right next door in Virginia, Rick Boucher still trails by six with 69 percent reporting. That’s a huge bellwether if it holds; now we’re looking at something in the neighborhood of 65 seats or more.

Update: How sweet it is: With 42 percent reporting, Rubio’s got fully 50 percent of the vote. A clear majority in this race would be phenomenal.

Update: Virginia’s turning into a complete wipeout for the Democrats: Reportedly, Glenn Nye’s on his way to defeat too. Remember all the media hype two years ago about how the state was turning blue after Obama won it? Thank Bob McDonnell for showing Virginians that the GOP can govern for helping goose these returns.

Update: Revealing exit poll anecdotes in Delaware:

“I’m sorry but I am not her,” said Carol Terry, 72, an independent who voted at a Smyrna middle school. “She has no agenda, no experience.”

Even Republicans had a hard time supporting her. The party establishment all but gave up on her campaign, and many GOP voters said they felt compelled to back Coons.

“I just couldn’t see her as my senator,” said Gary Stulir, a 41-year-old Republican from Smyrna. “She just couldn’t take responsibility for anything she did … I can’t believe anybody backs her.”

Update: Remember Suzanne Kosmas, who allegedly traded her vote on ObamaCare to The One in exchange for some NASA-related pork? That race has been called. She’s gone.

Update: Wonderful, if completely expected, news: Tim Scott wins his House race in South Carolina, becoming the first black Republican sent to the House from the south since Reconstruction.

Update: Go watch the Humpbot clip above a second time: Alan Grayson’s about to concede. As I write this, with 65 percent in, Webster’s up 17 points. Work it, Humpy.

Update: The match is over for Linda McMahon: ABC calls it for Blumenthal, per Tapper on Twitter.

Update: Confirmed: The AP says Boucher and Perriello both lose. Again, Boucher’s seat was ranked 70th on Nate Silver’s list of seats likely to turn red.

Update: Wow — according to a La Raza poll, 62 percent of Latino Floridians broke for Rubio. Yet another reason why he’ll end up on the ticket someday.

Update: Brutal — Fox and ABC are both calling West Virginia for Manchin. You can forget the Senate majority now.

Update: Confirmed: Baron “Political Terrorists” Hill is done in Indiana. His was the 41st most likely seat to turn Republican in Silver’s model. Between the Senate disappointments tonight and the big GOP wins in Virgnia, it looks like we’re headed for a big wave but not a mega-tsunami: 50-65 House seats plus a much stronger minority in the Senate.

Update: Maybe I spoke too soon about the mega-tsunami: NBC ranked Boucher’s seat 85th among likely pick-ups.

Update: It’s come to this:

Grayson conceded at his watch party at Slingapour’s in downtown Orlando Tuesday night.

Grayson’s campaign said they needed a massive Democratic turnout to win, and that simply didn’t happen with the weather.

With 78 percent reporting, the guy’s down 17 points.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 9 10 11

Run the right candidates in the right places people.

Thank you, Virgina. Or should I say thank you outsiders for staying out and letting a solid local boy win. All 4 house seats to the GOP.

Ayotte is carrying Guinta and Bass across.

Good candidates do good things.

I fear the West. I Raese and ODonnell get slaugheters, Angle and Buck are in bi trouble.

Thank you Redstate, Demint, Erickson and Tea Party Express.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM

First of all, WHAT THE F**K??? I belong to the ruling class? Where’s my check???

Secondly, I’m part of the Tea Party. Try again.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I knew there was something I hated about you, but I just couldn’t put my finger on it. Now I know. You’re a rotten
ruling class bastard!

/w lots of sarc

Gang-of-One on November 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Great…now Coons hasn’t had the decency to recognize O’Donnell. SHOCKA. But he just recognized Mike Castle. What a creep.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM

You know what? That alone makes me sorry O’Donnell didn’t win. That Coons backed Castle, who I never liked to begin with, is just the nail in the coffin. Good riddance to him.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Massachusetts is just filled with moonbats. I should just get the hell out of here.

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

It’s lonely here in Massbackwards for us non commies.

Alden Pyle on November 2, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Update: It’s come to this:

With 78 percent reporting, the guy’s down 17 points.

Grayson… crazy to the last! lol

Murf76 on November 2, 2010 at 10:09 PM

ted c on November 2, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Yeah, doesn’t work does it. He’s too good of a leader to even kid about. Wish we could have seen his whole speech.

Rubio in 2012 has one drawback though and it’s what we said about Obama. One term in the Senate.

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Alden Pyle on November 2, 2010 at 10:09 PM

AP, the Associated Press just called it for that effete fraud Deval Patrick.

Let’s just leave this nuthouse…don’t switch the light, just save yourself!

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM

fyi the eyeball network and Stephanawhatever said this is not a tsunami…heh.

ProudPalinFan on November 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM

God man, everyones off their soapbox now. Give yours up too or do us a favor and take your eeyore crap somewhere else. We’re winning big.

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Bash Mass. But Scott Brown won.

The idiots are the ones who yell at him and want ot primary him for living in the most liberal state in the country.

You can win, you just cant pander to right wing blogs like Bielat or be a spineless yuppie jellyfish like Baker.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:15 PM

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Being myself and protecting my people. I’ll always do it. Its hard for conservatives to win in Blue states. This was a RED WAVE and many conservatives still lost.

I’m a lwayer and street fighter here. I’m definately not on a soap box. Got the broken knuckles to prove it. Not a spoiler rich stay-at-home activist. I li e in the dirt in Boston, Charlestown is my home.

This is war. I know how to fight it. As long as the retarded right keeps coming after the Kelly Ayottes and Scott Browns, I will stand my ground.

We need smarter, tougher, stronger leaders.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM

If only Republicans weren’t waterproof! D@mn it!

Akzed on November 2, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Gob, IIRC we voted to reduce the sales tax once before and our elected representatives ignored us. (Not sure if sales tax or income tax, doesn’t matter, will of people was ignored)

I voted to cut the sales tax by over 50%, not because it was the brightest idea, not because I thought they’d actually go down to 3%, but figured they’d have to do something. Any reduction in sales tax will increase sales and help jobs. Just wish enough others would have figured that out.

Thank God I’m immune to whatever’s in the water or air here.

Duncan Khuver on November 2, 2010 at 10:22 PM

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:15 PM

You’re trying to make this a referendum on Conservatives and it just doesn’t wash. I gave money to Scott Brown. I gave money to other Moderates. We’ve had wins across the spectrum aleady tonight and stupid “Moderate Extremeists” like you are already making us look like idiots even in victory because you have an axe to grind.

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 10:23 PM

We need smarter, tougher, stronger leaders.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Yeah, Swamp…and we got Deval Patrick for another friggen’ 4 years!!!!!!

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Humpbot!!!

Who is John Galt on November 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Duncan Khuver on November 2, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Yes, DK, I know what you mean. That lowering of the income tax to 5% (that was ignored) was under the rule of Tommy The Felon “Taxes” Finneran…now a host on WRKO radio.

This place is starkers. I thought I would go mad 4 years ago when Deval was elected, but to see the RETAHDS here vote him another term…I just can’t take it.

So sick. So sad!

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Mass. was dissapointing today. We can’t even get one over on the carpetbaggers because of See D – Brain Off.

BKennedy on November 2, 2010 at 10:36 PM

We need smarter, tougher, stronger leaders.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Yeah, Swamp…and we got Deval Patrick for another friggen’ 4 years!!!!!!

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 10:25 PM

You can kind of blame me. I could hardly get myself to anything for Baker. He’s not a “RINO”.. he’s a liberal Republcian with no heart. But that’s the point.

Its not “real” conservatives who are out-of-whack with their constitueants, inarticulate, shady… vs. RINOS.

The debate has become polarizingly stupid. There are huge grey areas here.

Its finding the best conservatives AND the best candidates who can win. Instead of tearing down Scott Brown and Kelly Ayotte, people should be studying them like a playbook.

The internet mob turned me into a RINO for defending them. I live in the 4th. Bielat running a Jim DeMint camaign here was a joke. I cant beleive outsiders sent money that much money here when they could have been helping Jeff in the 10th.

Focus.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Why the Senate bondoongle?

ProudPalinFan on November 2, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Have they called this one yet?

Oh, pleeeaaassee let this be true! If he goes down, I, at least, will be a much happier person.

pannw on November 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Swamp, I agree with you totally regarding Baker…I was hardly enthused or happy with him, but I CAN’T STAND DEVAL!!! Have you not seen the damage he has wrought?

You need to focus…Baker the bore lost because of TIM CAHILL. You know it. Cahill had one job from the get-go…to be the spoiler. He did his job. DISGUSTING!

That slimy, gross, slippery dog turd Barney’s Frank is speaking and all he is doing is smearing republicans. Oh well, when that sweaty mess is bought and sold, he stays bought and sold!!!

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 10:44 PM

kirk just pulled into a slight lead

usedtobeinmich on November 2, 2010 at 10:50 PM

MULVANEY WINS HOUSE SEAT IN SC!

Rick Burg prospective winner in ND.

Kinzingger pick up in Illinois.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Kinzingger pick up in Illinois.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Or Kinzinger? Screw it, I can’t spell. *sigh*

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Why the Senate bondoongle?

ProudPalinFan on November 2, 2010 at 10:39 PM

They didn’t have a unified message. The House Candidates were better with their message. It wasn’t the year for the Senate either for a clear majority. (I’m looking at you 2012)

But…but Manchin ran as a Conservative. Liberman is still as Conservative as most entrenched Moderate Republicans. This filibuster proof majority is dead and we did it. Even the Senate is a success story tonight and we should be proud. We did it.

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Congresswoman Renee Ellmers!

crazywater on November 2, 2010 at 11:15 PM

AP is a race realist. Who would have known?

DFCtomm on November 3, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Vicky Hartzler pulled out a win in MO-04 against Ike Skelton, a 34-year veteran of that seat. First woman elected to the seat. The demographics of the seat suggest it will not go Democrat again easily, so we may have just elected the future first female Chair of the Armed Services Committee or even Speaker. Also Kelly Ayotte in New Hampshire, Nikki Haley in South Carolina, Mary Fallin in Oklahoma, Susannah Martinez in New Mexico, Kristi Noem in South Dakota, Martha Roby in Alabama, Renee Elmers in North Carolina, Diane Black in Tennessee, Cathy McMorris Rodgers in Washington, and Anne Marie Buerkle in New York. This is an incredible class of conservative women in congressional and gubernatorial office around the nation and I congratulate them.

alwaysfiredup on November 3, 2010 at 2:59 AM