8 p.m.: Eastern U.S. coming in; Update: Coons, Blumenthal, Manchin win; Winners: Marco Rubio, Kelly Ayotte, Tim Scott, Dan Webster over Alan Grayson; Update: Grayson blames weather

posted at 8:00 pm on November 2, 2010 by Allahpundit

The polls are about to close in 19 states, so prepare for an avalanche of returns. Senate races this hour: Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania, Mark Kirk in Illinois, Linda McMahon in Connecticut and … O’Donnell. If Coons’s lead held, that race should be called fairly quickly. Other Senate races are locks for the GOP: Kelly Ayotte, a mama grizzly, is going to win in New Hampshire, and John Boozman’s finally going to put Blanche Lincoln out of her misery in Arkansas.

Massachusetts is also coming in this hour; if Bielat pulls the upset, look out for a ‘bot cameo. Other House races: Kristi Noem is favored against Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin in SD-1; ancient Democratic titan Ike Skelton tries to hold on in MO-4; and John Dingell aims for his 8,000th term in the House by holding off Rob Steele in MI-15.

Update: Right at the top of the hour, CNN calls it for Ayotte, and … Chris Coons. The blowout evidently happened. There’ll be more to say about that tomorrow, but not tonight.

Update: Finally, finally, CNN calls Florida for Rubio. Our long national nightmare is over; the most cynical opportunist in the entire field this year is no more.

Dude, it’s time.

value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x11yc7_robot-libido_fun?additionalInfos=0&related=0">

Update: Here’s one to please grassroots righties: Tom Perriello, who defended his ObamaCare and stimulus votes and brought The One in to campaign him last week, is reportedly kaput. That’s not an official call, but he’s eight points down with 63 percent reporting. Meanwhile, right next door in Virginia, Rick Boucher still trails by six with 69 percent reporting. That’s a huge bellwether if it holds; now we’re looking at something in the neighborhood of 65 seats or more.

Update: How sweet it is: With 42 percent reporting, Rubio’s got fully 50 percent of the vote. A clear majority in this race would be phenomenal.

Update: Virginia’s turning into a complete wipeout for the Democrats: Reportedly, Glenn Nye’s on his way to defeat too. Remember all the media hype two years ago about how the state was turning blue after Obama won it? Thank Bob McDonnell for showing Virginians that the GOP can govern for helping goose these returns.

Update: Revealing exit poll anecdotes in Delaware:

“I’m sorry but I am not her,” said Carol Terry, 72, an independent who voted at a Smyrna middle school. “She has no agenda, no experience.”

Even Republicans had a hard time supporting her. The party establishment all but gave up on her campaign, and many GOP voters said they felt compelled to back Coons.

“I just couldn’t see her as my senator,” said Gary Stulir, a 41-year-old Republican from Smyrna. “She just couldn’t take responsibility for anything she did … I can’t believe anybody backs her.”

Update: Remember Suzanne Kosmas, who allegedly traded her vote on ObamaCare to The One in exchange for some NASA-related pork? That race has been called. She’s gone.

Update: Wonderful, if completely expected, news: Tim Scott wins his House race in South Carolina, becoming the first black Republican sent to the House from the south since Reconstruction.

Update: Go watch the Humpbot clip above a second time: Alan Grayson’s about to concede. As I write this, with 65 percent in, Webster’s up 17 points. Work it, Humpy.

Update: The match is over for Linda McMahon: ABC calls it for Blumenthal, per Tapper on Twitter.

Update: Confirmed: The AP says Boucher and Perriello both lose. Again, Boucher’s seat was ranked 70th on Nate Silver’s list of seats likely to turn red.

Update: Wow — according to a La Raza poll, 62 percent of Latino Floridians broke for Rubio. Yet another reason why he’ll end up on the ticket someday.

Update: Brutal — Fox and ABC are both calling West Virginia for Manchin. You can forget the Senate majority now.

Update: Confirmed: Baron “Political Terrorists” Hill is done in Indiana. His was the 41st most likely seat to turn Republican in Silver’s model. Between the Senate disappointments tonight and the big GOP wins in Virgnia, it looks like we’re headed for a big wave but not a mega-tsunami: 50-65 House seats plus a much stronger minority in the Senate.

Update: Maybe I spoke too soon about the mega-tsunami: NBC ranked Boucher’s seat 85th among likely pick-ups.

Update: It’s come to this:

Grayson conceded at his watch party at Slingapour’s in downtown Orlando Tuesday night.

Grayson’s campaign said they needed a massive Democratic turnout to win, and that simply didn’t happen with the weather.

With 78 percent reporting, the guy’s down 17 points.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10 11

I’ve decided to make it a drinking game. Every further flame, I take another drink.

And if you slobs start flaming me solely for that reason…I will go along with it.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Now THIS is something I can get into! :)

lovingmyUSA on November 2, 2010 at 9:13 PM

You bastards.

*refills glass*

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM

You are going to need a doctor or life alert. I have feeling you are going to be drinking a lot.

bluemarlin on November 2, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Fox calls House for GOP…..60 seats!!

Time to go to bed.

PappyD61 on November 2, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Good Lt on November 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM

AWWWW YEAH!

We might not be winning them all, but it’s still working out great.

Ryan Anthony on November 2, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Mine.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:09 PM

First Hawk, now Dire Straits? You’re so possessive.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

bluemarlin on November 2, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Irish, and living in Wisconsin. I’ll be fine. My liver hurts, though.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

ernesto on November 2, 2010 at 8:58 PM

wow!

bernzright777 on November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Grayson’s really blaming the weather?
Yeah, it was raining.

Raining votes for his opponant.
Bye-bye loser!

DrAllecon on November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Didn’t you forget to add yourself to that list?

/:)

Gang-of-One on November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

First Hawk, now Dire Straits? You’re so possessive.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Was referring to you, butthole. Get over here.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Marcell lost the TN governor’s race, it was a squeaker, Haslam (r) 71%, McWherter (d) 21%

Mini-14 on November 2, 2010 at 9:16 PM

RedRedRice on November 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Cuda! There’s the path to the WH. She’s getting Michigan.

promachus on November 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Didn’t you forget to add yourself to that list?

/:)

Gang-of-One on November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

No, because I don’t consider myself in the same league as the RNC, puppies, MadCon and, you know, God. ;)

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM

that should be McWherter 28%

Mini-14 on November 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM

LOL! Mad, you’re a little bit kooky, very pervy but I hafta say…you’ve always been fair with me and didn’t get nasty when we disagreed! So, I just can’t flame you.

Instead, I raise a toast to yee…bottoms up! Cheers!

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I really wanted ODonnell to win. I commend her for giving it her best try. I think she is done in DE though. They are just too blue… No regrets about Castle though – NO MOPRE RINOs! The other races look good. Just got back from voting here in L.A. and the people at the polls said they have never been so busy even in the presidential election. I have no idea what that means though. I don’t know who is more motivated the Unions or We The People!

CCRWM on November 2, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Was referring to you, butthole. Get over here.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Normally I despise it when people call me butthole, but not when you do it, MC. ;)

(Obscure, slightly altered movie quote.)

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Barf, Manchin victory speech, countdown to hard left turn.

RedRedRice on November 2, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Manchin is lamenting losing WVs beloved Sen Byrd. Groan!

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Yeah, somehow the rain is… racist… or something… and only rained on *his* likely voters, completely avoiding any precipitation on the heads of Republican voters.

It’s a conspiracy, I tell you. Somewhere, Dubya is at the controls of the Tsunami Machine that he used to destroy Indonesia, and fine tuned it to only rain on the heads of Grayson supporters.

Curse you, Evil Bush!

Midas on November 2, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Instead, I raise a toast to yee…bottoms up! Cheers!

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM

And to you, sir. Tomorrow, conservatives and the Tea Party will have a message for the Left:

I WON.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:21 PM

What happened to that 15 point Gallup GOP lead?

What happened to the Chris Coons “turnout” warning today?

PappyD61 on November 2, 2010 at 9:21 PM

West Virgina voters hoping Manchin brings home the pork.

WoosterOh on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

We had viable candidate in the NorthEast, but outsiders wanted to make Barney Frank some symbol.

Bielat, whose lived in this district for a couple of years, is down 30.

God damn.

This movement needs leadership. Not outside internet activists.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

(Obscure, slightly altered movie quote.)

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Very obscure. If I can’t figure it out at this point, my comprehension ain’t gonna get better.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

What happened to that 15 point Gallup GOP lead?

What happened to the Chris Coons “turnout” warning today?

PappyD61 on November 2, 2010 at 9:21 PM

It is called victory disease.

Limerick on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Pipe down. Enjoy the real victory, not the imagined greater victory.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:23 PM

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Which is certainly saying a lot considering what you write in the Green Room.

/drink

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don’t ruin it. ;)

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 8:37 PM

:) It’s a good night. Hard to think anything can ruin it, even talking about O’Donnell.

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Then maybe you’ll pull in the claws that you two unsheathed when you saw Jenfidel upthread. Can we dispense with the cattiness, if only for tonight?

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Which is certainly saying a lot considering what you write in the Green Room.

/drink

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 9:23 PM

HAH! You will pay for my damaged liver thanks to ObamaCar-wait…

…NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM

To Have and Have Not

Constance on November 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Still savoring the Rubio win!

RedRedRice on November 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

This movement needs leadership. Not outside internet activists.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I bet you were a real pain on Christmas morning.

Asher on November 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM

It’s not claws out to remind someone that butts is not a bad word. That’s at worst an eyeroll, and at best, she hates me no matter what I do – doesn’t mean I let it ruin anything for me.

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Barney Frank prevails. Crap.

RedRedRice on November 2, 2010 at 9:28 PM

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Really? Do you happen to have anything else to say to me other than criticism? Honestly. I’ve tried to be nice.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:28 PM

O’Donnell 2010 = Palin 2012

hottieinthehouse on November 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM

In a national election- Doubt it. Tea party is kicking butt all across the country and who is their favorite?

Anyway, it’ll be real interesting to see the final numbers for turnout GOP v Dem. If GOP has large turnout, Palin’s fine.

xax on November 2, 2010 at 9:28 PM

HAH! You will pay for my damaged liver thanks to ObamaCar-wait…

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Certainly getting my money’s worth on that exchange tonight. Haven’t had a reason to celebrate a victory like this in a very long time.

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Shea Porter in NH is history!

RedRedRice on November 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

So most everyone in the country wins, except for two states that rank in the top 3 most populous states of the nation (CA, NY).

I’m not especially hopeful that “moderate” Whitman and Fiorina can prevail in the deep blue establishment. What a shame.

Mad Kimchi on November 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM

How about you not partake, and we’ll all be golden?

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Damnable Barney Frank. But Carol Shea Porter is OUT!!!!

Firefly_76 on November 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

You’ll be, hopefully, getting your money’s worth back after this. Prepare to watch the “shining jewel” of the Obama administration scrubbed away like a mildew stain.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:30 PM

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Mine wont either.

Although, I got stupidly excited about the big wins and was told “no champagne, I’m tired.” So it looks like I’m cut off.

So. Anyway. FUN!

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:30 PM

If you can’t polish off a bottle of champagne yourself, you’re a REAL lightweight.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Does anyone have an update on Allen West?

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Last I saw, he was at 55%. CBS.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Thanks for the info.

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Considering that’ll save me hundreds of dollars if not far more, I think I’ll find a way to celebrate again and make it net neutral… but in a good way.

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Have fun, all. Off to work. Headline for tomorrow morning HotAirheads will read ‘Harry Holds Nevada’.

Yea…..we won the house.

Limerick on November 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Not going to be doing “I told you so”s. No point.

And don’t attack, and there won’t be any victims. Let’s celebrate our national victory against progressivism.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Looked like “told you sos” from here.

Doesn’t bother me too much, though. I supported O’Donnell because she was better than Castle, and the Senate is already overloaded with RINOs. In the long term, we badly need more conservative Republicans.

By winning the primary, she got the point across that you can’t ignore the conservative base and expect them to vote for you.

But it’s hard to win an election when your own party votes for a very liberal democrat, and GOP leaders attack you on the night of your primary win.

There Goes The Neighborhood on November 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Rubio: “I will always be the son of exiles.”

RedRedRice on November 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Depends on the champagne.

At least vodka doesn’t go bad.

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Rubio victory speech for Florida…..or Presidential campaign speech?

PappyD61 on November 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Yeah, not what I meant.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Manchin speech indicated he’s a Dem through and through.

Just like last election, the Dems ran conservative to win.

We’ll have to see what happens now.

Jvette on November 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Other threads, too, Tiger. We agree much more than we disagree.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Olbermann: “Get out your popcorn.” concerning O’Donnell’s concession speech. Yuch-miester.

Mr_Magoo on November 2, 2010 at 9:39 PM

It’s tough for Pookie to get up and vote when it’s rainy.

angryed on November 2, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Great speech from Rubio! He could be president.

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 9:39 PM

This movement needs leadership. Not outside internet activists.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM
I bet you were a real pain on Christmas morning.

Asher on November 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I a pain to liberals in the NorthEast everyday.

Lawyer, boxer, fisherman, conservativge, shitkicker…

I just hate little well-to-do secluded goobers from elsehwere who try to impose their will on us.

I cant wait for all those that have been clamoring for Scott Brown primary to come around. Fucking Retards… with a capital F and R.

swamp_yankee on November 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Yeah, not what I meant.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

There is liquor in the house. If you refuse to imbibe, you hate Jesus.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Manchin speech indicated he’s a Dem through and through.

Just like last election, the Dems ran conservative to win.

We’ll have to see what happens now.

Jvette on November 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

He is serving out Byrds Senate term he has to run again in 2012 to hold the seat…so if he votes opposite of what he promised West Virginians they could recall him.

It’s very disappointing to see the Beared Marxist won in Delaware.

All in All I Can See Repudiation From My House.

Dr Evil on November 2, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Ha ha! They are all yuching it up re: O’Donnell! God, they are so smart!

And of course they are going to the Palin toteboard.

Now Matthews is trying to be serious because he knows yuching it up for the next two years will mean bad news for Obama, at least Matthews knows when to stop joking around. He’s scared….

Mr_Magoo on November 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

F@@k it. I still have a job. I have to get up early. But I thank God for the House majority.

RustBelt on November 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Hey, I just said Rubio could be my president. Someone disagree with me so I can call you some names.

MadCon?

Whoa, I’m starting to feel it. Bob Beckle was eatin humble pie on Hannity and a former Clinton pollster said Obama needs to come to the Republican table and that this was a referendum on his presidency.

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

We’ll have to see what happens now.

Jvette on November 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Manchin has two choices: Either vote with the Republicans or stab West Virginians in the back. What will he do?

darwin on November 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

There is liquor in the house. If you refuse to imbibe, you hate Jesus.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Babe, listen. I wanted to do a celebratory toast with someone. I was denied. There isn’t anything else here. License is expired and I get carded every time, so, yeah. I’m just….you know.

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Massachusetts is just filled with moonbats. I should just get the hell out of here.

Really, this place is nuts! We get what we deserve after this evo.

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Bee and Esthier,

Knowing the history among yourselves and Jenfidel, and with such incredible good news to focus on, why are you even going near and shaking that old hornet’s nest? On a night when it would be nice if we could all be at least civil, if not united in common cause to rejoice and enjoy what is a real blessing for our nation, I wrote what I did in hopes of nipping anything untoward in the bud. In short, “can’t we all just get along?” imo, tonight is a night when we should all thank God and treat each other with respect, as brothers and sisters in arms. And get ready for the real work that lies ahead. We will all need to pull together. That said, I wish all here well and glad tidings, and won’t address this subject again this historic evening.

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Sestak is up 54/46…looks like the vote early and vote often strategy worked yet again for the Dems.

angryed on November 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Martha McCallum: very nice house, but nobody’s home.

BuckeyeSam on November 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Martha McCallum might make a great replacement for Vanna White.

Denverslim on November 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Martha McCallum: need a bit more shine on that floor in the Fox newsroom.

carbon_footprint on November 2, 2010 at 8:17 PM

This commentary is about as low as it gets, even lower than saying Miss O’D isn’t the Second Coming.

What did Sweet Martha do to elicit these responses?

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Geez, my last vote in PA looks like I’m going to be a big ole loser. Come on Toomey.

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM

MadCon?

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Rubio can be Allen West’s VP.

BOOOOOOM!!!!

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM

West Virgina voters hoping Manchin brings home the pork.

WoosterOh on November 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

He’s being investigated by the Fed for fraud.
WVA, another poor choice and embarrassment.

elclynn on November 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM

The Kraaken turned out to be just a Big squid by the way!!!

PappyD61 on November 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

We’ll hold you to that. Thanks. :)

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Megyn might be hot, but her analysis in Illinois and Wisconsin Senate races was juvenile. Whoever wrote that drivel doesn’t know anything about either race.

Jaibones on November 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Cybertoast then, dammit.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I think the overarching theme for me in terms of the more high-profile Senate is that voters are looking for personality in their candidates. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio seem very genuine and are very articulate, personable people. COD did not articulate her positions very well IMO and Raese didn’t seem like a very personable candidate. I hope she can pull it out, but Angle seemed to stumble over her words quite a bit and did not come across particularly engaging. So, I think in the future, Conservatives need to look for candidates not only with the correct positions but also candidates who can connect with voters.

RobbBond on November 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

OK, OK…joking about butts was silly. I’ll cede that.

I’m too happy to fight, even if I do find your gratuitous defense a bit exhausting. No ill will, I’m perfectly pleased to get along tonight. :)

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM

darwin on November 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

We’ll see. I just know that I heard a lot about how conservative he is as governor and that is why Raese would have a hard time beating him.

His speech, however, left me cold.

Jvette on November 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Any reports about Reid??? After the mafia moved in today, I am very concerned.

mobydutch on November 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I will say this…O’Donnell went through her entire concession speech without saying she congratulated Coons on his victory.

I know it was bitter…but jeez.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

You ain’t kidding Gob. Over 3 out of 4 people in my home town voted for Obama lite (Patrick) Of course 2 out of 3 here voted for Martha Coakley, so complete nutsville unhinged from reality.

Duncan Khuver on November 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

wha? was it raining republicans?

ted c on November 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

:-)

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Cybertoast then, dammit.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Absolutely. :)

(Truth be told, I just persuaded him to get me some. YAY!)

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Finally starting to tighten up some 56% in

Joe Sestak Dem. 960,770 52.0%
Pat Toomey Rep. 888,617 48.0%

WoosterOh on November 2, 2010 at 9:56 PM

MadCon?

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I disagree, cuz I said he could be my president first….

i’ll let you play SECDEF tho…

ted c on November 2, 2010 at 9:57 PM

51% in including almost all of Chicago

Alexi Giannoulias Dem. 866,183 50.5%
Mark Steven Kirk Rep. 759,468 44.3%

WoosterOh on November 2, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I said ALL of Chicago, well, 70%

1805 out of 2570 precincts (70.23 %)

REP – Mark Steven Kirk 95,562 20.44 %
DEM – Alexander ”Alexi” Giannoulias 353,765 75.66 %

WoosterOh on November 2, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Tedc, you crack me up!

disa on November 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM

As long as no city or state gets bailed out, then the voters deserve what they get. Chicago especially.

disa on November 2, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Rove is right…to pull so many wins, you certainly must be more FOR something than simply voting against the opposition. Great news in the ideology department, if true. We have to continue to articulate the conservative message well.

I’m…so happy, so excited. *giddiness*

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Absolutely. :)

(Truth be told, I just persuaded him to get me some. YAY!)

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

*glass raised*

Hurry up…my motor skills are fading…

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Duncan Khuver on November 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

DK, it’s pretty demoralizing. That lying sack of crap Devil Patrick has raised the sales tax (among other taxes)and all the lies he said in 2006 NEVER transpired and it looks like he is gonna be re-elected. I.Just.Can’t.Believe.It!!!!

That idiot Coakley is re-elected and that sputtering, stuttering nutsack Barney’s Frank wins! OMG, I just wanna have a HUGE temper tantrum. This place is bloody nuts!!!!

Oh, and like 2 years ago the freaks here voted down eliminating the income tax and now it looks like they are gonna reject lowering the sales tax by 50%. WTF!!!

Oh, and don’t even get me started on that buck-toothed hack trojan horse Tim Cahill!!!!!!!!

Gob on November 2, 2010 at 10:02 PM

More McCain. Hooray! *sigh*

Bee on November 2, 2010 at 10:02 PM

tigerlily on November 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Tiger, in all sincerity, I didn’t mean my comment maliciously at Jen. I realize our history but still meant nothing in the comment. Yes, I realized she might get offended, but that’s true of most things I will type here.

So if it makes you more comfortable… Jen, I meant no harm. If you think that crossed a line, I take it back.

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Sarah Palin and Tea Party endorsed Mike Kelly winning over D Kathy Dahlkemper PA-3…remember she was the only female of the pack of blue dogs on Obamacare. She voted FOR it. Most of the seats here in PA are going GOP.

ProudPalinFan on November 2, 2010 at 10:02 PM

His speech, however, left me cold.

Jvette on November 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Yeah, it was weirdly self-absorbed and self-congratulatory. West Virginia is a parochial backwater that is economically manhandled by the remnants of the Rockefeller billions. They vote Democrat for the same reasons that largely conservative white union workers in Chicago vote Democrat — their jobs and economic interests.

Urban corrupt = rural stupid

Jaibones on November 2, 2010 at 10:03 PM

WahHoo, Hawk wins one in PA. Corbett wins the governorship. Okay, the way they reporte all night, he came from behind. Toomey too?

Yes Bee, I’m a Tarheel next time but I’m voting the last time PA tonight. Er, absentee weeks ago.

hawkdriver on November 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM