Miller campaign claims KTVA reporters caught on tape discussing smear; Update: Palin calls Alaska media “corrupt bastards”

posted at 10:00 am on October 31, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

According to Joe Miller’s campaign, a voice mail left by reporters from KTVA, the CBS affiliate in Anchorage, went longer than intended and ended up capturing some embarrassing conversation. Much like Jerry Brown’s voicemail to a police union chief, the recording apparently resulted from a failure to properly disconnect the call, and two people can be heard to strategize coverage of an upcoming Joe Miller rally to look for a child molester they could feature later. Big Journalism also has the transcript (via Left Coast Rebel):

FEMALE REPORTER: That’s up to you because you’re the expert, but that’s what I would
do…I’d wait until you see who showed up because that indicates we already know
something…
[Laughter]
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE REPORTER: Child molesters…
MALE REPORTER: Oh yeah… can you repeat Joe Miller’s…uh… list of people, campaign
workers, which one’s the molester?
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE VOICE: We know that out of all the people that will show up tonight, at least one of
them will be a registered sex offender.
[Laughter]
MALE REPORTER: You have to find that one person…
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE REPORTER: And the one thing we can do is ….we won’t know….we won’t know but
if there is any sort of chaos whatsoever we can put out a twitter/facebook alert: saying what
the… ‘Hey Joe Miller punched at rally.’
FEMALE REPORTER: Kinda like Rand Paul…I like that.
[Laughter]
FEMALE REPORTER: That’s a good one.

Miller’s campaign released this statement, along with the audio:

Anchorage, Alaska. October 30, 2010 — In an apparent accidental voice mail message left on the cell phone of Joe Miller’s spokesperson, Randy DeSoto, what is believed to be the news director for CBS Anchorage affiliate KTVA, along with assignment editor Nick McDermott, and other reporters, openly discuss creating, if not fabricating, two stories about Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, Joe Miller. The voice mail message was later authenticated by Mr. McDermott, who sent a text to DeSoto stating “Damn iPhone . . . I left you a long message. I thought I hung up. Sorry.”

In the first discussion, the KTVA reporters discuss getting a list of Miller campaign supporters in order to ‘find’ a “child molester.” “You have to find that one person,” says the male reporter, to laughter in the news room. The reporters at KTVA then discuss creating a “Rand Paul” incident at the then upcoming Miller Rally (held on October 28, 2010) and hoping for violence so that they can “send out a tweet” and “Facebook” that “Miller got punched” at the rally.

Needless to say, if this allegation is true, then … we have an epidemic of incompetency when it comes to handling phones. KTVA also has a big scandal on its hands if this is substantiated. I have sent a request to Nick McDermott and news director Staci Feger asking for confirmation and comment, and I will update this post if and when I receive a reply.

Update: Let me make a couple of points about concerns raised in the comments.  First, the part about phone-handling incompetency is a joke.  Second and more importantly, we don’t yet know whether the voices on that call came from KTVA reporters or not; there is nothing in the audio to identify anyone.  (In contrast, the Brown audio had Brown’s very distinctive voice at the beginning.)  The Miller campaign has made an allegation, backed by an e-mail that has yet to be released, and until we get independent verification, that’s all it is at the moment.  Someone left the message, of course, but until we get a response from KTVA, it’s best not to leap to conclusions.  If it did capture reporters having that kind of discussion, then as I wrote originally, KTVA does have a big scandal on their hands.

Update II: Sarah Palin tweeted that the Alaska media are “corrupt bastards.”  Well, she would know after the way they treated her during and after her VP run.  The Daily Caller has more on the story. The Right Scoop has the video of Palin repeating it on Fox News:

Update III: Why didn’t I “demand” a response from KTVA and vent my outrage?  Because it doesn’t cost anything to be professional and polite, and it makes it more likely to get a response, that’s why.  If they don’t respond to me or anyone else, that will tell us something about the allegations, too.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Keemo on October 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Women that hunt and fish are SEXY.

petefrt on October 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I’d like to go fishing with Sarah anytime. I’ll bring the bait and beer!

sonnyspats1 on October 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Drudge has a link up now. Midway down the middle colume:

Palin predicts “political earthquake” on tues

unseen on October 31, 2010 at 1:00 PM

gryphon202 on October 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Unseen was quoting something I wrote that said that polling models miss outlier style elections. In both Unseen’s and my opinion this will be an outlier style election that falls well outside the mean. It takes everyone going to the voting booth and voting. I have neighbors (ha, ha) that have registered and plan to vote for the first time in their lives. I know many conservative dems that plan to vote GOP for the first time in their lives. The polls are assuming that the dims will break 9-1 for dims but I don’t see this happening.

chemman on October 31, 2010 at 1:04 PM

It just seems odd to me that so many self-professed conservatives are putting so much faith in polls this year. gryphon202 on October 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve never seen so much obsession with polls. It seems counter-inutitive given our increasing strength, and our awareness of the corrupt establishment and the ways of the Left. We’ve got a lot to learn yet. This establishment — left and right — will do ANYTHING to demoralize, disconcert, dismay and derail us. Figure it out, please.

rrpjr on October 31, 2010 at 1:05 PM

RE: Corrupt Bastards Club

Look it up folks. It is a well-known handle for the corrupt Murkowski-Stevens cabal up in Alaska. She isn’t just being vulgar, she is connecting the KTVA scumbag to the corrupt clique they support.

novaculus on October 31, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Between the lousy polls and the media conspiracy, we don’t stand a chance!

gryphon202 on October 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

It does seem the establishment is pulling out all the stops to depress voter turnout this year doesn’t it. esp in some key races. I’m hoping like most of their “gamplans” over the last 5 years or so it too will backfire

unseen on October 31, 2010 at 1:06 PM

chemman on October 31, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I know what unseen was quoting. And I had a missing /sarc tag. It’s beyond frustrating to me to hear people ostensibly on our side say that any of our candidates don’t stand a chance because they’re not polling well. And then to turn around and tell me, “But it’s Rassmussen!” or “But it’s Gallup!” or even “But those polls showing him/her ahead don’t mean anything!”

It just makes me wanna pull my g/d hair out!

gryphon202 on October 31, 2010 at 1:09 PM

rrpjr on October 31, 2010 at 1:05 PM

this is why I called out allah for not linking or mentioning the TCJ and TPE polls in the DE race. he says he did not have confidence in them? yet a poll using the same methodolgy comes out 3 days later showing COD down by 20pts and allah links it with no problem. In fact the poll he linked had a smaller sample size than the TCJ poll which showed her down 6pts.

the TPE, TCJ, the new poll out showing her down by 10pts and the Rassmusen poll form oct 15 all show the same general trand that COD is down from 2pts to 10pts most likely around 6pts. the poll allah linked was an outliar according to the new polls yet he ran with it and the media decided to pick up that poll and only that poll to carry the narrative that COD will get destroyed in Nov.

It seems to me an innocent observer that they are doing this to PUSH a narrative NOT to report the news.

unseen on October 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Keemo on October 31, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Reread what I wrote but slower this time.

Blake on October 31, 2010 at 1:14 PM

What I also found “funny” was that Chris Wallace had NO IDEA that this was going on. Some one needs to email him a link to Hotair.com and breitbart.com

Not sure when it was taped, but surely his producers were reading her twitter account up to the moment Palin went on air.

barnone on October 31, 2010 at 1:17 PM

gryphon202 on October 31, 2010 at 1:09 PM

what CONSERVAITVES have to understand is there is NO, NONE , NOT ONE conservative polling firm. Rassmuseen is not a conservative polling firm. He is a center-right polling firm. the believe that polling firms do not push narratives and do not try to shape public debate is beyone stupid. they are human like everyone else and bring their baggage with them

unseen on October 31, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Surely you didn’t miss this for starters Buy Danish.
Keemo on October 31, 2010 at 12:35 PM

No. The very people who endorsed Miller were the ones who threatened to remove her from the committees. In the end they decided to keep the status quo since nothing was going to happen in those committees between now and the next session. I think they feel they have to be careful that they don’t push her into the arms of the Democrat caucus. They’re walking a bit of a tightrope here. Miller started of doing beautifully and then things kind of came crashing down. That is not the fault of the “G.O.P. establishment” and the eevil Karl Rove.

Sweet Jesus, y’all are just joking, right?
justltl on October 31, 2010 at 12:39 PM

About your laughable suggestion that Ed hop on a plane to Alaska?

No, I’m saying that what happened with the Brown campaign might have planted a seed in someone’s brain. Just idle speculation on my part.
ddrintn on October 31, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Okay – gotcha. Thanks…

Buy Danish on October 31, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Oops, I guess I shoulda put a /sarc tag on my original post.
I didn’t think it was necessary.
Crikey.

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Because it doesn’t cost anything to be professional and polite…

This is one reason why I like this website so much, and it is why it has credibility. Ed and Allah: just keep on doing what you do.

Blaise on October 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Stories like this one and Palin’s interview with Wallace is just what we need to further fire up the base AND have the largest turn-out ever!

My only hope is that by the time this tsunami hits the west coast, Democrat’s will be soooooo discouraged they stay home in droves—hence a Whitman and Fiorina victory!

Rovin on October 31, 2010 at 1:27 PM

***Scott Rasmussen just predicted that if Raese wins W. Virginia we will probably make it to the 50 seat threshold. But we won’t know for days because of Washington State….

Buy Danish on October 31, 2010 at 1:28 PM

I have thought but now I know, Chris Wallace and Sarah Palin don’t care for each other… Chris Wallace stating that Joe Miller began to fall in the polls when it was revaeal he misused computers or what ever he said paints a far more sisnister picture than the truth that he tried to freep a poll… which a lot of us have done too.

I have faith that Alaskans will not re-elect Moocowski to the Senate. I have faith that Alaskans will vote for integrity and commonsense conservatism.

There is just no doubt in my mind that the GOP elites McConnell, Cronyn etc don’t want Joe Miller to be a Senator. They don’t want Sarah Palin to have this victory because they know her record of booting out corrupt and incompetant Republicans in AK. They want the status quo and they want power and they want to tell us rubes to drop dead. They should all get primaried!

CCRWM on October 31, 2010 at 1:28 PM

MALE REPORTER: You have to find that one person…

That one line blows away the spin from KTVA.

powerpro on October 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM

And Miller paid his debt to society for it (which amounted to little more than a professional slap on the wrist).

I wish I shared in your optimism that Murkowski doesn’t stand a chance, but I’m getting to the point where even I am looking toward Alaska with a jaundiced eye. Here’s hoping.

It’ll take time, but where there’s a will, there’s a way.

CCRWM on October 31, 2010 at 1:28 PM

gryphon202 on October 31, 2010 at 1:31 PM

And the irony is this:

CBS-KTVA has its on Anchorage Restore Sanity whatever too in support to the DC Little Stuart rally!

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 1:39 PM

unseen on October 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Yes, and another problem are the incessant almost hourly links here to polls along with the “oh, my,” “gulp,” etc. interpolations over the slightest blip up or down. How about a little intestinal fortitude.

But deeper problem: I’m afraid conservatives are still stuck in a co-dependent addiction to the mainstream media and to their acknowledgment/approval/validation of us. Even Breitbart is, I notice. Until we’re freed of that, we’ll never be free.

rrpjr on October 31, 2010 at 1:40 PM

oh yeah for all of those that haven’t figured it out yet what you saw on Fox this morning is commonly referred to as “gravitas” or in other words leadership.

unseen on October 31, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Ed,

There’s a news flash in POLITICO that KTVA has already responded to the allegation.

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 1:45 PM

She looks good. The bangs need a little trim, but she looks great.

Blake on October 31, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Wow. Sarah vs. Cruela. Cat fight(war?) from hell. Who needs UFC when you have this?

kwbrownie2003 on October 31, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Dear Mrs. Palin:

May I suggest you escalate the tone of your accusations. Drop use of the word “bastards” and use the word “schmucks” in its place from now on.

Shy Guy on October 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM

rrpjr on October 31, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I don’t read the posts about polls because they are so often wrong. I’ve also figured out that Allah likes to put the commenters here on HA n an emotional rollercoaster and I don’t play along. Anyway, I know some polls like Rasmussen try to be fair in the end to keep up their credibility but there are so many polls now and we don’t know who these pollsters are and we don’t know what their agenda is… we just know that in a lot of them there is an agenda and it’s not pro conservatism. Someone posted we need to get back a fair and unbiased media, take control of our schools again which have been taken over by the Htefilled Left and we need to reject Hollywood which has as its main staple vulgar promiscuous and debased actors, producers and directors who think we care what they think.

It’s going to be a hard fight but if we don’t want to end up living in the ugly dirty cesspool they are creating then we need to get to it. Tuesday will be a good start.

We all need to be watching for and documenting voter fraud. Axelrod himself told us there is going to be a lot of it with his little admonition that we would see things break in the Dems way later in the night …after massive vote fraud is all he left out.

CCRWM on October 31, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Palin’s purse must be the one that says:
Bad Mother F****r on it.

esnap on October 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I don’t know how this isn’t substantiated. Release the entire message. I can’t imagine the caller wouldn’t identify themselves at the beginning of the call and state their business for calling.

Joe Miller’s campaign needs to release the entire call, not just the accidental portion of it. Then it will be substantiated as coming from a particular individual’s phone (or at least the person who identified themselves as calling)

ButterflyDragon on October 31, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Corrupt
Bastards
System

Shy Guy on October 31, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Confirmation, Ed. Can we be angry now?

All kidding aside, the question I have for the MSM in general is, “Why should we trust you?

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on October 31, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Sarah Palin is so stupid. You see how she offhand dismissed foisting the nut Christine O’Donnell on us. She is giving it the ‘old college try’. What a drama queen she is. That woman is so selfish, and i really detest her. We hah a chance a total control to stop Obama, and she freaking is here yapping about the old college try. Nonsense.

About Joe Miller, the media is corrupt. What else is new.

Chudi on October 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM

About Joe Miller, the media is corrupt. What else is new.

Chudi on October 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I probably agree, she’s stupid. I dunno really, coz I’m stupid too like Palin.

But one thing is true:

The GOP elites ARE ALSO CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPT.

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 3:15 PM

About Joe Miller, the media is corrupt. What else is new.

Chudi on October 31, 2010 at 3:0

4 PM

What’s new? YOU, of course, the WISE.

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Sarah Palin is so stupid.
Chudi on October 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Damn, I really wish Ed and Allah had higher standards for their trolls–at least making sure they finished the 8th grade would be a good start.

lovingmyUSA on October 31, 2010 at 3:21 PM

i really detest her.

Chudi on October 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM

What else is new. You’re also obsessed with her.

ddrintn on October 31, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Wild story, eh? I always stay calm during uproars. The truth eventually reveals itself.

In my opinion, this is exactly what’s been going on in AK with Palin for 2 years. It’s one dirty state.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 3:28 PM

She got a chance to be herself totally with this story on Chris Wallace.

I like her best in that mode.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Sarah Palin is so stupid.
Chudi on October 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Yes. She is stupid. And you are wise. Happy now, Karl Chudi Rove or are you Kathhheieee Korreoeoeoek?

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 3:32 PM

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I agree.

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I understand there’s more to the tape that hasn’t been released? Big journalism releasing edited, out of context audio. This ought to end well.

RightOFLeft on October 31, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Oh, fun……the big story is that Sarah used a bad word. :)

Funny stuff!

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Oh, fun……the big story is that Sarah used a bad word. :)

Funny stuff!

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Yeah, especially since she has a grandchild born out of wedlock. A real hoot, that Quitter…

chumpThreads on October 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Dear Mrs. Palin:

Shy Guy on October 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM

In her book, there is this anecdote about the so-called “Corrupt Bastards Club”.

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Yeah, especially since she has a grandchild born out of wedlock.

chumpThreads on October 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Well, there are bastards, and there are corrupt bastards. Like your messiah.

ddrintn on October 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Yeah, especially since she has a grandchild born out of wedlock.

chumpThreads on October 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

And your point is?

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Yeah, especially since she has a grandchild born out of wedlock.

chumpThreads on October 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

And your point is?

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM

That Sarah Palin’s grandson is a bastard. Har har har. Get it? That’s chumpThreads “humor”, usually with “Quitter” or “QuitterCuda” thrown in there somewhere. Typical mindless O-bot.

ddrintn on October 31, 2010 at 4:16 PM

The leftist media will either try to make the focus her using the term ‘bastards’ (Look, a squirrel!) or just totally ignore the whole story.

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM

ddrintn on October 31, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Hah. That’s gross.

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 4:21 PM

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Nah, they’ll try to make Breitbart the story.

ddrintn on October 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 31, 2010 at 3:21 PM

The TPA (Troll Protection Act of 2008) forbids questions on any application for employment as a Troll such as: age, sex, education, address (i.e. “mom’s basement” or “under the 5th Ave bridge”), sexual preference, presence of a preexisting liberal or progressive condition, or any reference to thoughts regarding the First Lady’s butt.

Yoop on October 31, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Nah, they’ll try to make Breitbart the story.

ddrintn on October 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Good point.
I’m guessing that they will ignore it completely.
If there was time for it to get “legs”, they would have to spin it.
This close to the election, they’ll probably chose to just sweep it under the rug.

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Also, I think it’s terrible that Palin used the word “bas_ards”. If she has that kind of potty mouth, then she has completely lost my support.

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Oh come on. I don’t even like Palin, but I don’t see anything wrong with that.

It doesn’t hurt that it is also quite an accurate statement. Or an understatement, if anything.

Dreadnought on October 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM

The leftist media is not ‘flawed’ or ‘biased’.
They are truly the fifth column of the left.
Have been since Cronkite. Or earlier.
And like Michael Corleone said about Tessio, it was the smart move.

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Dreadnought on October 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Oh fer fuck’s sakes.
It was a satirical post.
Go read the original post.

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Dreadnought on October 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Oh fer crying out loud.
It was a satirical post.

Here, read the original.
I obviously failed in my satire.
I take the blame- If one has to explain their satire, then the satire has been a failure.

Can’t anyone hang up a phone these days?
Mr. Morrisey-

Look, I completely agree that there is a serious lack of telephone skills in this nation, but I think you’re missing the bigger point here- a news organization was actually plotting to fabricate a lie about a candidate!
I think that our nation is doomed when someone of your stature is only concerned about whether some reporters can handle these new fangled electronic devices properly!

Also, as a prominet national journalist and blogger- and once you realize that the true story here is not gadget impairment, but CORRUPTION- you should be on the first plane to Anchorage to demand the facts of this sordid affair.

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 12:03 PM

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 4:53 PM

This exchange was pretty good, however:

Limp dick or troll?
You obviously don’t know a thing about Ed Morrissey.

Keemo on October 31, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Lemme check.
Yep, must be a troll.

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 12:29 PM

See that?
Now if I were rude or mean-spirited or actually gave much of a crap, I would have just called him a brown-nosing, ignorant, dunce or something.
That’s not how I roll.

See what I mean here, Verne?

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 12:03 PM

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Sarcasm tags exist for a reason. Chudi above is one of those reasons.

The trolls we get aren’t the brightest, but they are selected from a group of leftists so the talent pool isn’t the greatest. What seems like absurd sarcasm to you will strike them as a reasonable point they can run with.

sharrukin on October 31, 2010 at 5:04 PM

You’re right, sharrukin, I definitely should have used a sarc tag.

Man, I’ll never make that mistake again! /sarc
;)

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Man, I’ll never make that mistake again! /sarc
;)

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Hey, its a real problem.

Maybe we could ask Axelrod for better trolls, but that seems a little uncaring in this economy with jobs so hard to come by.

sharrukin on October 31, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Sarah should have been a carpenter cuz she really knows how to nail them.

Kissmygrits on October 31, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Ha!
You’re absolutely right. /No sarc
I would have thought that the “potty mouth” comment would have been absurd enough to tip off even the most dense.
I guess I’m just way too subtle and brilliantly satirical. /sarc

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Oh fer crying out loud.
It was a satirical post.

Here, read the original.
I obviously failed in my satire.

Sorry-it’s not your fault-I mostly read other reactions to your post that contained the quote, and just the bottom part of your original post, which wasn’t a good idea on my part.

I like to think I’m usually pretty smart about recognizing satire, but I was very sloppy here, so again, I apologize.

Dreadnought on October 31, 2010 at 6:59 PM

This exchange was pretty good, however:

Limp dick or troll?
You obviously don’t know a thing about Ed Morrissey.

Keemo on October 31, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Lemme check.
Yep, must be a troll.

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 12:29 PM

See that?
That’s not how I roll.

See what I mean here, Verne?

justltl on October 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Stop digging comrade.. Ed Morrissey and I go back to the beginning of his blogging days; we have some history. How about hitting the reset button and starting over. Reading your follow up comments leads me to believe you have something to bring to the table here. Lots of new threads will arrive soon enough and this thread will disappear.

Onward ho we go…

Keemo on October 31, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Palin’s purse must be the one that says:
Bad Mother F****r on it.

esnap on October 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men… I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherf****r before I popped a cap in his ass.”

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2010 at 7:20 PM

When the going gets tough, I want Sarahcuda on my side.

ncborn on October 31, 2010 at 7:20 PM

And your point is?

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM

My point is she would be pissing and moaning if someone said that about her grandson, but she has no trouble calling other people bastards.
It’s easy for the Quitter to call names from the safety of Facebook, Twitter and FNC. Mama Grizzly? More like Mama Pussycat, only without the “cat”.

chumpThreads on October 31, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I wish she had verbalized a little more support for COD and said the race isn’t over, etc.

I also wish she wouldn’t have used that term. If we flail on Joy Behar for using the the female version of that ‘B’ word then shouldn’t we jump all over Palin for using the male version?

However she’s right, and that corruption that she’s talking about does turn people off. I don’t think Chris Wallace doesn’t necessarily doesn’t like her. He actually likes to poke holes in politicians (like Russert used to do….good for him). She showed she’s tough and can take it.

IF she decides to run these tough questions are just the beginning.

And I still think COD can win, and you’re right Wasilla Hillbilly, given the choice pick the Conservative and let the voters pick the Marxist instead of the the Conservative.

No More RINOs (or CINOs).

PappyD61 on October 31, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I about spit out my morning coffee when Sarah called them “corrupt bastards” on Fox News Sunday…

Khun Joe on October 31, 2010 at 7:43 PM

The MSM is now the CBM.

AaronGuzman on October 31, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I’d like to know if the station accessed Alaska’s Sex Offender Database after the event. You know something like caught red handed evidence. The kind that makes attorneys advise the client to settle or accept the plea bargain.

meci on October 31, 2010 at 7:58 PM

These pieces of sheet are on the same level of rad islamic scum

they go about their business in a normal manner until it’s neccesary to go boom

I would gleefully bash this fu&$ers brains in with a bat simply because they have no compunction at all to send us to tyranny for a handful of gold

Sonosam on October 31, 2010 at 8:02 PM

And if you think I went to far with my previous statement just consider how these journolistic al qaeda operatives had no problems making things as difficult as possible for W during the war with gutless bs stories to either take advantage of lowpoints during the war (which there always are) or just flatly making it up to score political points gor the commie dems all while ignoring or simply not caring that our soldiers were in harms way

yeah

in the words of Tony Montana, I’d carve him up real good along with any of the other thousands of similar scum that exist to live off the backs of free people and would eventually be complicit in the enslavement of the same

Sonosam on October 31, 2010 at 8:26 PM

ButterflyDragon on October 31, 2010 at 2:22 PM

KTVA has already confirmed the identity of the caller and the authenticity of the recording.

The reporter herself has already admitted to leaving the message inadvertently.

There’s no legitimate question as to who left the message or who was speaking. The speaking parties have already fessed up.

Q.E.D.

Jason Coleman on October 31, 2010 at 8:42 PM

You see justltl. This is what I am talking about…

chumpThreads on October 31, 2010 at 7:39 PM

sharrukin on October 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Sonosam on October 31, 2010 at 8:26 PM

You didn’t go too far. The media’s ideological corruption and betrayal of mission is a national scandal. But the corrupt media is the main pillar of liberal political dominion. Without the media, they’d fall and never rise. But no conservative politician will dare take on the media in a serious and substantial way. Palin makes probes and forays, but nothing like what is necessary. What we need is a series of speeches before scholarly forums on the history and value of an independent media and the damage to our political life and disservice to the American people of its breakdown and betrayals. The speeches should cite case examples, and call for a thorough media self-examination and re-dedication to objectivity in news reporting for the national good. The outrage it would incite in the media would be sensational, of course. It would absolutely rattle them, put them on the defensive, and flush them out and expose them as never before. But it can’t be a hit-and-run attack, it must be a well-thought out moral argument, more of an educational campaign than a polemic, so that it offered people the tools for recognizing good reporting vs. bad reporting. It would be a service to our country and the cause of democracy. Because, as it stands, the media is driving us headlong into tyranny and/or revolution. They are that corrupt, that committed to ideology, calumny and chaos.

rrpjr on October 31, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Mama Pussycat, only without the “cat”.

chumpThreads on October 31, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Their misogyny always comes through, doesn’t it?

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Chumpthread is a fool

Sonosam on October 31, 2010 at 11:53 PM

only without the “cat”.

chumpThreads on October 31, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Their misogyny always comes through loud and clear, doesn’t it?

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Yep

considers the use of the word bastards than evidence of deep corruption in our media that would tilt elections towards tyrants

true mouse