Quotes of the day

posted at 9:45 pm on October 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

“Most attendees at Comedy Central political spinsters Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert’s rally to ‘Restore Sanity and/or Fear’ had no clue for whom they are voting on November 2. They did, however, know they’re voting Democrat, down the line, because, they said, Republicans don’t fit their mold of ‘moving forward’ in the country.

“For instance, Liz Pifer, a student at Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh, Pa., told The Daily Caller that though she plans to vote in the midterm elections on Tuesday, she didn’t even know who was running for Pennsylvania’s open Senate seat. She later said that she thought Joe Sestak was running, and that she’ll probably vote for him because he’s a Democrat. As for House candidates, she said, ‘I don’t know who’s running.’”…

“Anti-Tea-Party-ness and anger toward Fox News dominated most signs at the rally on the National Mall, a clear fit for comedian Stewart’s jabs at what he calls extremism.

“Shoshana Senn, 15, of Arlington, Va., thinks Tea Partiers are ‘dumb.’”

***
“‘I find it incredibly ironic,’ says Jim Neimeier, who drove to Washington from Wisconsin for the event, ‘that I had to come to a rally sponsored by a comedian to get at the truth.’

‘This is the most American thing I’ve ever done!’ a young man screamed Saturday morning into a plastic megaphone, provided free by Comedy Central.”

***
“‘We don’t have any place to turn,’ said Michelle Sabol, 41, a jewelry designer from Pittsburgh who was wearing a grey cap with a carpenter’s level sewn on top. “Why are these Democrats running away from Obama’s accomplishments? It’s a kick in the gut.’…

“‘We came because we feel like this is a safe place to be reasonable,’ she said…

“‘We want to say, ‘We exist,’’ said Jonathan Erwin, 20, an architecture student. ‘We have a voice. Jon Stewart is only the enabler.’”

***
“‘If we amplify everything, we hear nothing,’ Stewart said, accusing media outlets of fearmongering and spotlighting extremists instead of reasonable Americans. He later added that the press is America’s immune system – and ‘if it overreacts to everything, we actually get sicker.’…

“The rally included references to Glenn Beck, the Fox News host who held his own rally this summer, a rally that some have suggested Stewart’s event was an answer to. (Beck also gave out four medals at his rally.) But they were not direct: Instead, Beck was lumped in with both conservative and liberal commentators as part of the reason, in Stewart’s eyes, the media is failing America.

“Beck, Keith Olbermann and others appeared in montages offering incendiary rhetoric that Stewart deemed dispiriting. (Olbermann did not take kindly to this: ‘It wasn’t a big shark but Jon Stewart jumped one just now with the ‘everybody on [24 hour] cable is the same’ naivete,’ he wrote on Twitter.)”

***
Via Mediaite. “We live now in hard times, not end times. And we can have animus and not be enemies.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I’ve been waiting for this for two long years. And I want political blood. Lots of it, in big gory gobs.

disa on October 31, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Dead on….

There is much to be upset about in Obama’s administration….
….but this blatant attempt to take away the power of the vote for all Americans has got me really pissed off.

This should be front and center along with exposing what was done with the Stimulus and Tarp money.

It is time to shut down this Chicago cabal.

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I think Nick Gillespie hit the nail on the head: “This rally reminds me of a stage show at a water park.”

ddrintn on October 31, 2010 at 12:21 AM

This is one of the reasons he won’t get reelected.

disa on October 31, 2010 at 12:19 AM

LOL!..I saw saw that earlier..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Not new, but apparently you never attracted my attention before.

disa on October 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM

No, I don’t suppose I have. Really, how could I, when you are so clearly my superior in every possible way?

Do forgive me.

Gilda on October 31, 2010 at 12:23 AM

LOL!..I saw saw that earlier..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Sorry for the typo..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I have to admit it is pleasing the rally seems to have upset Keith Olbermann and Ed Shultz. Tea Partiers I think could not care less.

Marcus on October 30, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I know Keith is busy marinating in the tub because Stewart took shots at him, but why is Big Ed upset and what did he do. I’m not sure I want to track down his twitter feed, if he has one.

I didn’t realize the Second Coming had already taken place! WELCOME JESUS!

disa on October 31, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Stewart is a Joooooooooooow after all! /s

lizzie beth on October 31, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Two losers and the magic word FREE!!!!

Free trip, free food, free concert,bummer though had to pay for their own pot.

The Democrat liberal world at it’s finest.

concernedsenior on October 31, 2010 at 12:27 AM

This is one of the reasons he won’t get reelected.

disa on October 31, 2010 at 12:19 AM

If we do win, like they say we will win, then
On to Repealing Obamacare

Kini on October 31, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Waaah. “We just want to feel important and loved and special. Please, tell me I’m special.”

Tell ya what, champ; head across the river to a little place called Arlington and you can go check out some special folks who did more than “exist”. Then get back to me about with your whiny garbage.

reaganaut on October 31, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Then get back to me about with your whiny garbage.

Meh, preposition overload.

reaganaut on October 31, 2010 at 12:31 AM

MY CONCLUSION:

The crowd is predominantly white. About 1-2% non-white.

Using the “very intelligent” theory of the MSNBC, ABC-CBS, NYT, Newsweak,…. CNN about Tea Partiers and Beck’s rally, this crowd is …:

RACIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST!

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 12:31 AM

This is one of the reasons he won’t get reelected.

disa on October 31, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Yes…the bloom is off the Rose and Obama has been exposed as the hipster dufus that he really is.

….and as usual…Obama is lying….

The “other side” has done more for aids prevention than any previous administration:

Bush AIDS fight saved 1.1M, study says
Stephen Dinan (Contact)

Former President George W. Bush’s international AIDS-fighting campaign has reduced by 10 percent the mortality rates in 15 targeted countries, primarily in Africa, and has saved 1.1 million lives, according to a study that for the first time quantified the successes of his program.

Even Bob Geldof and Bono have acknowledged the tremendous work Bush has done in fighting Aids.

I guess Africa just gave Bush this award because they like his smile right Obama:

THE 2010 BISHOP WALKER MEMORIAL DINNER

Celebrating 40 years of Partnership with African Communities

Former U.S. President George W. Bush, recipient of the 2008 Bishop John T. Walker Distinguished Humanitarian Service Award

The Africare Bishop John T. Walker Memorial Dinner, in memory of Bishop John T. Walker, is the nation’s largest annual fund raising event for Africa. Bishop Walker was Africare’s longtime Board chairman and the first African-American Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, DC, who distinguished himself as an exemplar of peace, justice and interracial harmony.

…But by all means Mr. “Hope and Change”…don’t let the facts get in the way of your narrative.

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 12:33 AM

So, any pictures after the rally? Did the crowd do as Stewart asked and pick up after themselves, or where they their usual trashy hippie and college student selves, leaving behind a mess just like the union rally several weeks ago?

AZfederalist on October 31, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 12:33 AM

When W went to Africa in the last year of his presidency he was greeted as a hero. Of course the media didn’t cover the trip. I’m sure they will cover Barry in Indonesia as the conquering hero returning.

lizzie beth on October 31, 2010 at 12:37 AM

This is not sane. This is not rational. This is not reasonable. This is absurd and something to be ashamed of. From this one event one has to wonder if this was a rally to simply preserve stupidity.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2010 at 12:37 AM

TheAlamos on October 31, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Yes, it’s interesting. I can’t pay much attention to this, but I remember a big deal being made about the Tea Party and Beck’s rally, and other right leaning events, if they don’t have the proper ethnic and otherwise diverse ratio.

From what I have seen, and I could be wrong, I see one of the least diverse groups possible. White males, 20-25 maybe? I’d also wager that they all fall in the upper middle class (based on parents) and haven’t spent much time in the workforce.

In other words, there were a lot of empty basements across the suburbs of the northeast and mid-Atlantic states.

reaganaut on October 31, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Gilda on October 31, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Gilda, Gilda (that happens to be a fav female name for me from my youth),
What is the vintage of the vino you’re havin?

OkieDoc on October 31, 2010 at 12:39 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2010 at 12:37 AM

The Vacant Electorate indeed. A challenge to educate the very, very, unwashed masses.

Kini on October 31, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Not new, but apparently you never attracted my attention before.

disa on October 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM

But wait there’s more! Despite your protestations to the contrary, your attention may have been attracted to this or this or even this.

OK I admit it at this point I’m just using ‘disa’ as an excuse to link to some of my old photoshops. Hey, some of you might still find them amusing. Please do feel free to repost any of my flickr images on your own blogs if you want.

Gilda on October 31, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Gilda, Gilda (that happens to be a fav female name for me from my youth),
What is the vintage of the vino you’re havin?

OkieDoc on October 31, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Didja click the links? Click ‘em, they’re not so shabby. IMHO that is.

Gilda on October 31, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Kini on October 31, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I was going to say they were brain washed, but after listening to the irrational sentences they managed to put together … in the name of Reason … yikes. Maybe these Sanity Chasers need to have their collective half-mind scrubbed – and I say that with the most non-authoritarian tone.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2010 at 12:49 AM

AZfederalist on October 31, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Here is a picture of the Huffinton post welcoming committee waiting to load their sheep up on the buses for the ride home.

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 12:33 AM

lizzie beth on October 31, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Great point…

…….the media will fawn over Obama when all he will have accomplished is reading a speech off of his idiot boards.

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Gilda on October 31, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Those were good, hadn’t seen them before.

I get what you are saying about Beck; just like other conservative talk show hosts, he isn’t going to appeal to everyone. Doesn’t mean that if you don’t like him, you aren’t conservative, it may just mean that you don’t like his approach.

AZfederalist on October 31, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Sanity Chasers

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Heh!!!!

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 12:50 AM

LoL..That is funny..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Didja click the links? Click ‘em, they’re not so shabby. IMHO that is.

Gilda on October 31, 2010 at 12:48 AM

OK, I am islam, you win. Now can we get drunk?

OkieDoc on October 31, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Heh!!!!

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 12:55 AM

But isn’t it the truth? After watching Gillepsie’s vid over through ReasonTV, I was left shocked. People were essentially gloating about their superior reasoning skills while at the same time uttering the most nonsensical things. They definitely are chasing that Sanity Bus (provided by Huffy), but someone should tell them it’s not covered by Obamacare.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Gilda on October 31, 2010 at 12:46 AM
Gilda on October 31, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Talented and funny.

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 1:00 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Let there be no doubt…

You are dead on.

The sheer ignorance combined with arrogance of the sheep assembled on the mall today has to concern you when thinking about who is going to be running the show in the next few decades.

They are absolutely stuck on stupid but think they are to smart to know ya…..

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 1:03 AM

AZfederalist on October 31, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Exactly. Thank you. Beck is not so much my style; doesn’t mean I summarily dismiss him or his acolytes, doesn’t mean they have to dismiss me. Although weirdly in this comment thread the Beckians have, to their detriment.

They’d be better off keeping a more open mind I think.

Gilda on October 31, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Hope and Change

becomes

Mope and Strange.

hillbillyjim on October 31, 2010 at 1:06 AM

LoL..That is funny..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2010 at 12:56 A

Okay…

I got kids behind me and I am well past time for taking your advice and finding some Floyd……

….will see you Tuesday night after the Slurpee celebration.

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 1:06 AM

You know, if we shoot all the messengers instead of the guilty, soon there will be no innocent.

OkieDoc on October 31, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 1:03 AM

The concerning thing is that these are the people that are willing to put up with gov’t bureaucracy. They’re the ones that will be “teaching” our children in public schools and such…

The Tea Party people must not give up. They have two fronts.

Progressive/corrupt Republicans such as Liza MooCrapsandwich

and

Cunning and or lazy Progressive Dems such as the ones at this rally.

Anyway, I’m out for tonight.

Goodnight, all.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Til Tuesday..Looking foward to it!..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2010 at 1:24 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Yep. Unlike 1994, the Republicans and Tea Party need to keep up informing people what they are doing and why. If necessary, they have to do so around the MSM. The MSM is not going to magically convert from liberal to conservative on December 31. The MSM is going to do its best to get the Dems back in office. My bet for Tuesday night is that the message from them will not be, “The people have spoken and the Dems failed to listen”, it will be “What do the Democrats need to do now to win again in 2012?” The Republicans will need to put up a strong information campaign to make sure that their voters know what is happening, what the Republican majority is doing, why it is doing it, and why and how it helps the people in the country class.

AZfederalist on October 31, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Two losers and the magic word FREE!!!!

Free trip, free food, free concert,bummer though had to pay for their own pot.

The Democrat liberal world at it’s finest.

concernedsenior on October 31, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Added to the free bus transportation, free food and whatnot, is the fact that there are two (I think, two) universities nearly “across the street” from where the thing was held earlier today. So, obviously, a cunning event planner managed to tweak the attendance by the wandering, drifting-in college enrollees nearby.

Lourdes on October 31, 2010 at 1:31 AM

wishing there was a positive link – or headline Allah – any coverage on what the Conservatives did today?

seesalrun on October 31, 2010 at 1:58 AM

reaganaut on October 31, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I know one of those immensely special people

Jacob Turbett
LCPL, USMC
KIA
13 FEB 2010
OEF

Section 137, ANC

Would have been 21 on St. Patrick’s day.

SgtSVJones on October 31, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Sgt,

I will pour a drink in his honor.
To Jacob.

OkieDoc on October 31, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Here’s a quote from Politico. Try this on for size:

Stewart himself, in his closing remarks, spoke of the three-hour extravaganza as both a “show” and performance. The event was a meta-spoof on Fox News host Glenn Beck’s August 28 “Restoring Honor” rally, held on the other side of the National Mall. But Stewart also played edited video clips meant to make MSNBC hosts Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews look as over-the-top and sensational as Fox’s Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity.

Yeah, you have to edit Olbermann to make him sound over-the-top. Same for Tingles.

What planet is this guy on?

capitalist piglet on October 31, 2010 at 3:19 AM

Sgt,

I will pour a drink in his honor.
To Jacob.

OkieDoc on October 31, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Ironically enough, it was his death that spurred me to life again.

After seeing his widow weep at the reception (March ’10) one of his Marine buddies noticed an old picture I kept in my wallet. I hadn’t seen this woman [the picture in my wallet] in nearly 2 years, but he asked me were it me in that coffin would she cry for me?
Would I cry for her?
And if so, why was I here sitting on my “can” instead of trying to find her?

So I left, I moved out of my parent’s house and took most of my worldly possessions with me in my vehicle and drove south to find out the answer. (I’m the kind of guy where cell phone conversations just don’t cut it. So is she.)
I lived in my car.
I ate from trash and buffet restaurant perhaps once or twice a week if I was lucky.
I lived from the kindness of strangers.
I found a job after a month of looking in the new place that I now live.
I found the answer to my question, and it is most definitely yes.
And I thank God, and that other Marine whose name I have long since forgotten for helping me to find her again and become alive again.

Thank you Jacob, for protecting me and although you most certainly never intended it helping me to live again.
Semper Fidelis

SgtSVJones on October 31, 2010 at 3:37 AM

I really hate this phony. Does anyone remember Stewart’s hateful anti-Republican rants year after year? Does anyone remember the part he played in ginning up hatred over a period of many years?

The left loves to moan about Glenn Beck’s mob of allegedly brain dead dupes but NO ONE can top Jon Stewart. He’s been doing exactly what he’s now moaning about for years, for f–k’s sake! And his blithely idiotic fans don’t get it.

Among media figures, THE great charlatan of our times is Jon Stewart. He could tell his audience that s–t and chocolate are the same thing and they’d not only believe it but they’d feel intellectually superior for believing it. The guy’s a frigging liberal Rasputin.

Django on October 31, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Wrong day to post on any Pgher’s reaction.
These simple-minded a$$wipes in my home town make me sick.
“I have no freaking idea who is running,what they stand for ,what their platform is ,anything about their history,whether they are psychotic or not,I’m voting for the democrap.”
And people here have the unmitigated gall to wonder why I’m a malcontent.

Get a F***ing clue Pgh.
No offense to all my Christian friends her at hot air,but I have to sat it”Jesus effing Christ.”

DDT on October 31, 2010 at 3:39 AM

SgtSVJones on October 31, 2010 at 3:37 AM

What a journey you have been on! Thank you for telling us about it, and about Jacob. God bless both of you.

Missy on October 31, 2010 at 3:56 AM

The most aggravating thing is these people – a college student is quoted, but she is far from alone – who have, three days before the election, no idea who is running, what they stand for, what the issues are, how the country got in the current fix, but are quite certain they are voting for the Democrat, whoever that might be.

Such people should be allowed no closer to a voting booth than a convicted pedophile is allowed to be to an elementary school.

Adjoran on October 31, 2010 at 5:05 AM

My first reaction to Stewart’s speech was positive and he almost got me. Then about a second later I realized one thing. Where was he 18 months ago about working together? Why didn’t he tell Obama this on his show? Of course he wants to push compromise now that they are going to get their a$$es kicked and won’t be in total control. It’s like the guy with the gun who calls the shots until he realizes the gun isn’t loaded. Then he starts to make a compromise to save his life.

IF they repeal all of the last 18 months of foolishness and stop any unspent stimulus, then we can start over and consider working together. Until then, stay strong and stop any further expansion of government.

Oh, and one last thing. I want our blue color back. Why we let that happen, I’ll never know.

diogee on October 31, 2010 at 5:12 AM

That was a nice talk by Stewart and much more like old-fashioned liberalism of my youth.

I liked his cars in the tunnel metaphor. MUCH better than in the ditch, wouldn’t you say?

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 6:38 AM

This is what happens when lemmings lose their leadership.

End up at a rally at the base of the Washington Monument instead of a cliff, lemmings still and forever.

As for Stewart…where was he and where were his compadres for the past many years when the real invective and hate spewed from the mouths of the media, and Stewart and company active participants? Seems only when the Left sees they have a possibility of losing it all will they try to play the contrition card, or call for civility, and sanity.

I don’t buy it. Never will.

coldwarrior on October 31, 2010 at 7:18 AM

diogee on October 31, 2010 at 5:12 AM

Typical progressives. They threaten us and treat us like second class citizens and when we rise up to remove them from power, all of a sudden they want to compromise. Repeal the last 18 months and then we’ll talk.

csdeven on October 31, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Reaganaut..please allow me to repost your post..it was the best post here…

reaganaut on October 31, 2010 at 12:30 AM

malkinmania on October 31, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Jon Stewart is the most overrated guy on TV? I don’t think he’s funny at all. Never did. And Colbert? He’s an idiot. Who the hell thinks he’s funny?

adamsmith on October 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Jon Stewart for Congress…

maverick muse on October 31, 2010 at 7:50 AM

adamsmith

Jon Stewart did a take on Obama last year that was hilarious.

Anyone find it on youtube?

maverick muse on October 31, 2010 at 7:52 AM

adamsmith on October 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM

LOL, you are certainly not alone. Quite honestly I’ve never seen either of their shows and watching clips mainly on sites like this I find that Stewart reminds me of the loud-a-little-too-drunk guy at parties shouting stories they think are hilarious. Watching Stewart, or Colbert, is like watching The View to me. And I think his “relevance” in the political world is vastly overrated.

Marcus on October 31, 2010 at 7:55 AM

And I think his “relevance” in the political world is vastly overrated.

Marcus on October 31, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Jon plays vaudeville shtick.

His “relevance” is with the bozos who voted Obama into office.

His “sanity” is based on the drug culture.

maverick muse on October 31, 2010 at 8:06 AM

I wonder how many of the people at that rally are even registered to vote?

Free bus ride to D.C. is a Free bus ride to D.C. SMILE.

Dr Evil on October 31, 2010 at 8:08 AM

I wonder how many of the people at that rally are even registered to vote?

Free bus ride to D.C. is a Free bus ride to D.C. SMILE.

Dr Evil on October 31, 2010 at 8:08 AM

My guess? Every single one of them. This is the voting crowd. The other “progressives” were likely too loaded to make the bus. *haha

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Seriously, his message was what a lot of people who voted for Obama were expecting.

Instead, he tacked left and wasted credibility galore on attacking Fox and anyone else he could think to skewer.

We could use a lot more of the Stewart messages. I personally can’t stand the way Democrats today too often paint conservatives as redneck, dumb, and racist; but I also can’t see every liberal as a communist, either. Yes, the political solutions are diverse and, often, opposite. I think we can all agree that the political common ground can’t be found if the goals are too divergent.

But that’s not an excuse to brand the opponents as dumb or mean-spirited.

I like Palin’s method of attack. Attack the words, the ideas, but don’t attack the person’s character.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

It’s hilarious that these people think that they are moderates and that some how being a self designated moderate is a good thing.

Blake on October 31, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Blake on October 31, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Well, I don’t think they really agree with Jon. I think they love skewering entire states as redneck and dumb. I think they enjoy feeling smug and intellectually superior.

I think he was a crowd of one with his speech, but it was a darn good one.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Imagine going 80mph and accidentally going from 6th to 1st gear. 0_0 The designer of that gearbox has a special place in motorcycle hell waiting for him.

Bishop on October 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I’ll make fun of his engineering just as soon as I master the hand shift on the WLA.

hawkdriver on October 31, 2010 at 8:55 AM

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

You should love Beck then. That’s all he does is use their own words against them yet people still say he lies.

darwin on October 31, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Not surprising that the bulk of the people who attended this
“rally” are most likely the same nincompoop morons who got this country in the mess it presently in right now by electing Obama to office and maintaining the Democratic idiots who have wrecked this country with their liberalism socialist agendas!

“Think Outside The Fox!” I would have brained that old fart with that stupid sign if I have been there!

IDIOTS!!!!!!

pilamaye on October 31, 2010 at 8:58 AM

darwin on October 31, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I just don’t like his rhetorical style. Honestly, I don’t know half the time what he’s even trying to say.

Stewart was a tad bit obtuse, too. But finally he made sense.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Stewart was a tad bit obtuse, too. But finally he made sense.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Beck on radio or TV? or both.

darwin on October 31, 2010 at 9:02 AM

i’m hearing 250K at the rally…correct?

cmsinaz on October 31, 2010 at 9:05 AM

So child. What do you think you’re going to be designing? The trash you vote for has basically outlawed new power plants. And with no new power plants, there’s no new power to enable new factories. Without new factories, there will be no new jobs for people who might have bought a house you would design.

There’s a reason I refer to this bunch as The Dumbest Generation.

MNHawk on October 31, 2010 at 9:13 AM

The trash you vote for has basically outlawed new power plants . . . There’s a reason I refer to this bunch as The Dumbest Generation.

Convincing. So much smarter . . .

Grow Fins on October 31, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Convincing. So much smarter . . .

Grow Fins on October 31, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Leftists are idiots. I think it’s pretty obvious. For starters today’s liberalism has nothing to do with well, being liberal.

Nothing like promoting big, oppressive government and calling yourself “liberal”.

darwin on October 31, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Beck on radio or TV? or both.

darwin on October 31, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Come to think of it…it’s the TV show that leaves me baffled. Radio? He makes more sense.

Interesting question.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 9:29 AM

diogee on October 31, 2010 at 5:12 AM

Where was he on 8/28 if he wanted to work together? What was his position on that Rally after it had taken place? I am betting he did not give it a good review but I am not certain as I do not watch him.

Good post.

bluemarlin on October 31, 2010 at 9:30 AM

i’m hearing 250K at the rally…correct?

cmsinaz on October 31, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Aren’t all these stories about size ridiculous at this point?

I’m all for one, two, three, plenty.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 9:31 AM

How long before one of the mainstream media outlets place Stewart or Colbert as their anchors?

JellyToast on October 31, 2010 at 9:32 AM

bluemarlin on October 31, 2010 at 9:30 AM

He skewers both sides, but the right more often. I tend to agree that’s a fact of life for him. His audience dictates.

However, if you watched his interview with Obama? He pretty much treated him like he does everyone else. In fact, I think Bill O’Reilly got more gentle treatment. *haha Those two have some kind of funny relationship.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 9:31 AM

to a point, it’s just the hypocrisy of the msm, where beck had his rally and nary a peep and with this rally, a news segment on every network…

cmsinaz on October 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM

cmsinaz on October 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Beck’s rally was covered by MSN. The days when the teaparty rallies are ignored were long over by then.

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I didn’t see much of this but what I did see was very droll so I wouldn’t call it a comedic success. But if the idea was to get a lot of people together in a peaceful manner and to promote sanity I guess you could call it a success. If the idea was to keep politics out of it completely, then the phone banks made it a complete failure.

scalleywag on October 31, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I was going to say that I could not believe how they made fun of religion. but, I can. They have no clue where their inalienable right to be insufferable fools came from.

kingsjester on October 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM

BRIDGEPORT, Conn., Oct. 30 (UPI) — President Barack Obama was heckled by AIDS activists Saturday during an event to rally the Democratic base in Connecticut.

“Excuse me … excuse me. You’ve been appearing at every rally we’ve been doing. And we’re funding global AIDS (prevention). And the other side is not. So I don’t know why you think this is a useful strategy to take,” USA Today quoted an irritated Obama as saying. (emphasis added)

This is one of the reasons he won’t get reelected.

disa on October 31, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Who does Obama mean by the other side? I thought one of Bush’s bigger–and overlooked–accomplishments was assistance in Africa with AIDS.

BuckeyeSam on October 31, 2010 at 9:57 AM

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I saw pieces of it and he hit from the left from what I saw. He says we need to work together but he wants the hard left dreams accomplished. How does that allow for working together? You are correct, BOR has treated Obama with kids gloves mostly.

bluemarlin on October 31, 2010 at 9:59 AM

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 9:36 AM

report with disdain

cmsinaz on October 31, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Name your agenda “progressive” and everything things you’re moving forward. Maybe the Republicans should refer to their agenda as “awesome”…

caldfyr on October 31, 2010 at 10:25 AM

it isn’t surprising to see them place their faith in God without reservation of how it looks to others.

Conan on October 30, 2010 at 11:43 PM

This.
Let’s not attack Gilda for saying she can’t get into Beck’s enthusiasm.
Having watched him on & off over the years, I don’t think Beck is a carnival barker.
And I am probably the most emotionally detached person around-ask my husband.
Those tear fests make me uncomfortable.
But I know when someone is full of the Holy Spirit bcs I have been myself.
And Beck acts like that.
That is an emotion that is hard to consistently fake time & again.
I don’t think Beck is faking his love of God & country.
I act the same way when I feel that spirit move me. And like I said, I’m an extremely emotionally reserved person.

Badger40 on October 31, 2010 at 11:07 AM

So, by amplifying nothing we hear everything? Really what a non non event. The speech tried to cancelled all of the hate out except for one. That against religion. It seems that is the one thing they are willing to let go in order to rally people that are afraid of Islam. They can make parallels to Christianity all day, and say “if we could just get God out of our lives”.

moyeti on October 31, 2010 at 11:34 AM

adamsmith on October 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Neither of them is inherently funny, but its funny when they lampoon something you subjectively don’t like.

Count to 10 on October 31, 2010 at 11:41 AM

AnninCA on October 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Haha 95-5 Cons

CWforFreedom on October 31, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Waiting for big media to tell us how white it was.

I wake up to more people of color.

CWforFreedom on October 31, 2010 at 11:51 AM

“Shoshana Senn, 15, of Arlington, Va., thinks Tea Partiers are ‘dumb.’”

OMG! ROFLMAO!

TugboatPhil on October 31, 2010 at 11:54 AM

adamsmith on October 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Stewart is much like the Bamster in one respect, -he needs his support staff, Comedy Channel writers and directors or White House staff, in order to appear halfway intelligent. Without the support staff, as we see on rare occasions, they both flop miserably. They are both of average intelligence, and are rigid conformists.

slickwillie2001 on October 31, 2010 at 12:11 PM

One would be reasonable in believing that Stewart/Colbert were actually mocking reasonableness by having Cat Stevens/Islam at the rally and was saying that it was up to the crowd to be unreasonable and irrational by supporting democraps and their policies that will kill their futures. How ironic.

eaglewingz08 on October 31, 2010 at 1:22 PM

SgtSVJones on October 31, 2010 at 3:37 AM

That’s an incredible and romantic story. You’re both fortunate, especially because you seem to realize that.

Esthier on October 31, 2010 at 5:23 PM