Hot new MoveOn ad campaign: You can’t stomp on me, Republicans

posted at 8:55 pm on October 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

They’re of course playing off the incident outside that Rand Paul/Jack Conway debate earlier this week, which to the left is an indictment of every tea partier in the world and to the other 80 percent of America is an isolated thing that doesn’t matter a whit to the election. Which explains why Rasmussen’s new poll has Paul up by fully 12 points.

I should have included this in that post earlier about the Party of Ideas not wanting to talk about ideas so much right now. ObamaCare? Never heard of it. Rand Paul supporter stepping on someone’s shoulder? National campaign.

Liberal organizations are one-upping the Tea Party’s “Don’t tread on me” slogan with a new “You can’t stomp on me” campaign. Liberal organizations MoveOn.org, Progressive Change Campaign Committee, and CREDO are uniting in reaction to the incident on Monday when a volunteer for Republican Rand Paul’s campaign for U.S. Senate in Kentucky literally stomped his foot on activist Laura Valle, leaving her with a concussion.

The organization is calling on people to take a picture of themselves with a sign that says, “You can’t stomp on me,” and then upload the picture to the site. “By uploading your picture,” reads the e-mail, “you can show that your voice will not be silenced even in the face of intimidating and thuggish behavior. We’ll put all the photos in one public place as a statement of solidarity with Lauren and a promise to keep speaking out.”

Here’s the MoveOn page, which, incredible though it may seem, isn’t the first liberal website to invite taking photos of yourself holding a sign because you’re depressed about an election. Remember “Sorry Everybody” after Bush won? What is with these people and their strange form of therapy? Dude, I think it’s genetic.

You’ll be pleased to know that none other than Michael Moore has a brand new op-ed built around this very same theme, and it’s every bit as smart and sober as you’d expect it to be. The punchline to all this MoveOn hand-wringing about wingnut violence? Watch the video below (via Gateway Pundit) and you’ll see. Exit quotation: “If I’m going to take part in these political events, I need to learn some self-control.”

Comments

JUST WATCH ME D-BAG

400lb Gorilla on October 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM

You can’t stomp on me, Republicans

Wanna bet, Sunshine?

Shambhala on October 29, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Perhaps they should take a page from their own book, and move on.

keep the change on October 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM

But a boot on our throats seems to be ok? mmmmmmmmmmm kaaaaaaaaaaaaay

bluemarlin on October 29, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I live in Kentucky and got a call tonight from a “concerned Christian” who is “calling every Christian in the state to let them know that Paul mocked Christianity”

It was utterly ridiculous and i hope Paul wins by 20 now.

MFn G I M P on October 29, 2010 at 9:00 PM

“You can’t stomp on me,”

We.

CAN!!!

JohnGalt23 on October 29, 2010 at 9:00 PM

leaving her with a concussion

LOL – No, it clearly did not.

strictnein on October 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Funny you should mention that. Just today there appeared this creepy photo accompanying an article about the Stewart rally.

I’m starting to think liberals might tend toward narcissism – even if they look like the folks in the photos above – God bless ‘em.

forest on October 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Damn, that site brought back some old memories…

ninjapirate on October 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Allah, for an Eeyore you seem to be having an awful lot of fun tonight! You’re on a rolll.

lizzie beth on October 29, 2010 at 9:08 PM

What are you going to do MoveOn? Hit me with your purse?

G M on October 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Remember “Sorry Everybody” after Bush won?

I’m still oh so nostalgic over that “From 52 to 48 With Loooooove” rot. Gag.

ddrintn on October 29, 2010 at 9:10 PM

If I’m not mistaken tonight either Tingles or Special Ed outed their victim as a lesbian, to get the “hate crime” angle. Hope Momma knew. (but then again Momma always knows)

Marcus on October 29, 2010 at 9:11 PM

lizzie beth on October 29, 2010 at 9:08 PM

He is secretly elated.

He only emotes, vaguely, through blogposts.

He is, in a way, like a samurai. The samurai is peculiar about emotional displays.

… Just less athletic.

blatantblue on October 29, 2010 at 9:11 PM

“You can’t stomp on my hope and change.”

DrStock on October 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Wasn’t she trying to spoof a fake message as a way of making the crowd she was in look bad?
That’s a little twisted to call that “speaking out”.

Count to 10 on October 29, 2010 at 9:14 PM

So Move-On really is down there grovelling underfoot mankind, then, eh? This “ad” is Move-On admitting that they’re snakes or otherwise, writhing.

Lourdes on October 29, 2010 at 9:15 PM

But a boot on our throats seems to be ok? mmmmmmmmmmm kaaaaaaaaaaaaay

bluemarlin on October 29, 2010 at 9:00 PM

REPOST.

Lourdes on October 29, 2010 at 9:18 PM

*BUT* Move-On CAN bite off Tea Partiers’ fingers.

Lourdes on October 29, 2010 at 9:19 PM

MoveOn-er Bites Off Protester’s Finger

Lourdes on October 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

leaving her with a concussion
LOL – No, it clearly did not.

strictnein on October 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM

No kiddin’, huh? Don’t know about you, but this would be the first time I’ve ever seen anybody smile and laugh while getting a concussion.

Dopenstrange on October 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Is it Tuesday, yet?

Schadenfreude on October 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

the Tea Party’s “Don’t tread on me” slogan

Yeah, who says “tread” (other than people buying tires)?

malclave on October 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Is it Tuesday, yet?

Schadenfreude on October 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I wish! One thing that makes me smile though is that these Dems have been seeing it, Nov 2nd, in their nightmares for quite sometime now. That helps me wait it out.

bluemarlin on October 29, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Wanna bet, Sunshine?

Shambhala on October 29, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I wondered about something. If I understand this right, the objective was to present Paul with a fake check, along with congratulations for a fake employee of the month award. I also thought I heard somebody chanting “Read The Check” when she was wrestling with the crowd.

This picture clearly shows that she wasn’t alone.

So her man-companion didn’t step in and try to defend her? Really?

angelat0763 on October 29, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Thank god there’s football tomorrow. And on Sunday
ima gonna make me a sign with silver and blue “Cowboys” colors that says just that, “Don’t Stomp On Me” accompanied by a picture of Jerry Jones.

OkieDoc on October 29, 2010 at 9:31 PM

While I dig the Gadsen flag, and wave it at Tea Parties, I don’t like the the idea of calling it “The flag of the tea party”. The tea party has no ownership over it, like the American flag it doesn’t belong to any one group.

The Expert Knows

HAExpert on October 29, 2010 at 9:32 PM

This picture clearly shows that she wasn’t alone.

So her man-companion didn’t step in and try to defend her? Really?

angelat0763 on October 29, 2010 at 9:29 PM

He was probably just there to be a witness. The entire thing was planned, and executed with intent.

capejasmine on October 29, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Can I upload a picture of Bill Ayers stomping on the American Flag?

Buy Danish on October 29, 2010 at 9:33 PM

“You can’t stomp on me”

Why not? You can bite off our fingers! Stomping is nothing compared to that…

joejm65 on October 29, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Can I upload a picture of Bill Ayers stomping on the American Flag?

Buy Danish on October 29, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Absolutely brilliant. Peddle that ad.

Denverslim on October 29, 2010 at 9:35 PM

When you’re already lower than a snake’s belly in a ditch, what’s the point of the Republicans stomping on you?

Dark-Star on October 29, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Hey, you dorks at MoveOn. Y’know how Chris Matthews gets tinkles that run down his leg? Well, I get tinkles that run up my torso and out through my sleeves every time I think about how we’re gonna collectively, as a nation, and in a purely metaphorical sense, grind your collective skulls into the ground on Nov. 2.

And, hey, Chris Matthews. I know you think that we’re going to be doing that grinding of your skulls while wearing hobnail boots. Wrong, loser. We’re going to grind your skulls while wearing baseball cleats. You guys run around wearing ballet slippers (very becoming on you, BTW) — but we wear baseball cleats because cleats give traction, and that’s exactly what you’re going to see happen on Nov. 2.

FlameWarrior on October 29, 2010 at 9:40 PM

HA the first picture on the moveon site is Wil Wheaton (aka Wesley Crusher from Star Trek TNG).

That guy is such a pansy that just looking at him funny would make him run and cry to his mom Beverly.

Way to go moveon you got a B-rated wimp saying I can’t stomp on him.

F15Mech on October 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Let’s all upload a picture to their site. I’m gonna send them the picture Favre sexted to Jenn Sterger. What’s wrong with that?

TXUS on October 29, 2010 at 9:44 PM

At first I thought that was Barney Frank making a pass at some guy.

txmomof6 on October 29, 2010 at 9:45 PM

These boots were made for walking, huckleberry.

Fighton03 on October 29, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Marcus on October 29, 2010 at 9:11 PM

They didn’t have to out her… saw that a mile away…

CCRWM on October 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM

“You can’t stomp me” will last as long as “The Coffee Parties” did.

Whiners.

GarandFan on October 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM

“You can’t stomp on me”

sounds like

“You’re not the boss of me”

tastes like chicken on October 29, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Having been on my corners against socialism for 15 months, I have been threatened a bit but not attacked. But those that call out to me always wait until their cars are moving. Cowards all.

amr on October 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM

There ain’t been no stompings yet, morons. Don’t make me show you what a real stomping looks like, feels like

LegendHasIt on October 29, 2010 at 10:48 PM

You can’t stomp on me, Republicans

Oh, yes we can, b!tches.

Jaibones on October 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Is the GOP countering with a “Don’t try to imitate an assassin attacking me or you might end up on your ass” ad campaign?

andycanuck on October 29, 2010 at 11:03 PM

You can’t stomp on me, Republicans

Oh, yes we can, b!tches.

Jaibones on October 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I llllllike it!

Dopenstrange on October 29, 2010 at 11:21 PM

You can’t stomp on me, Republicans

Hey moveon, tell ya what. Don’t send people to Republican rallies and have those people rush a candidate when the crowd doesn’t know who they are. As you know, today saw either a potential terrorist attack or a dry run for a terrorist attack, so we know terrorists are still looking for targets. When someone in a crowd does something, oh how to say this — crazy, Americans in that crowd are NOT going to stand idly by to see what the bats#$t crazy woman is going to do because, you see, they don’t have the benefit of foreknowledge or hindsight while the event is happening. Act crazy and you are going to get stopped, and maybe none too gently.

Now, if you want to hold signs that say your regular stupid stuff and scream your usual stupid things — go right ahead. That is perfectly within your constitutional rights and we’ve learned to put up with that kind of silliness from you. We’ve all got crazy uncles or lunatic aunts, so we know ya’ll can’t help yourselves. Just don’t try rushing someone, that’s not a good idea.

After all, it’s not like she was just selling campaign buttons on the sidewalk, ya know?

AZfederalist on October 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM

You can’t stomp on me, Republicans

uhhh, we just did. Do you want to see it again.

tommer74 on October 29, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Time to find a pair of hobnail boots and send in a picture

Sekhmet on October 30, 2010 at 12:21 AM

forest on October 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Damn. It looks like they ATE the illegal alien

Shambhala on October 30, 2010 at 12:46 AM

At least they didn’t bite off one of her fingers.
Which is worse?
Hmmm… stomped for jamming signs into a candidate’s face or beat up by SEIU-union thugs for selling flags????

If you wear a black mask and throw pieces of concrete and Molotov cocktails at the cops then you are just AOK with the lefties. There is nothing wrong with that, just move along.

shorebird on October 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I promise not to stomp on any progs but I do plan on dealing out a few atomic wedgies on Nov. 3.

rsrobinson on October 30, 2010 at 1:27 AM

I guess we will see on election day whether Moveon gets stomped at the ballot box.

I’m pretty sure they haven’t got the prestige they used to have… crying wolf (or Bush lied) over and over sort of makes people quit listening.

When I see the medical records that say she really got a concussion out of that then I’ll believe it. But these people lie for a living and I don’t believe she got a concussion.

It is so difficult to believe that the whole thing wasn’t a set up. Shame on the idiot who didn’t control himself, but that was the girl’s plan all along. And now they think they’ve won some victory. They are morally bankrupt.

petunia on October 30, 2010 at 2:03 AM

“… leaving her with a concussion.”

When are liberals going to realize that a person without a brain cannot get a concussion?

Danny on October 30, 2010 at 2:34 AM

“What is with these people and their strange form of therapy? ”

Liberals are no less fanatics than radical islamic terrorists who want to cut your head off…

The difference is that radical islamic terrorists are only interested in cutting your head off – a very straightforward concept for all, except liberals.

Liberals, on the other hand, are parasites which want you alive long enough to suck all of the will, money, and eventually, life out of you by passing bills “to find out what’s inside it”.

Personally, I have more respect for radical islamic terrorists. At least they’re not trying to feed you bull$hit before they try to kill you.

Time for reforming the Sons of Liberty.

Danny on October 30, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Instapundit linked yesterday this post from The Virginian, moneyrunner

Thoughts on the Rand Paul rally and attempts to assassinate Gerald Ford

In the furor about the man who used his foot to hold down a MoveOn.org woman trying to rush Rand Paul, previous assassination attempts on Gerald Ford should be considered. What is especially interesting is the calm way the second assassin, Sara Jane Moore, describes her attempt. She had planned just one shot and was surprised that she had time for a second shot because Ford stopped and looked at her. The news report said her motives were “confused.” Somehow the motives of those on the Left are always, always confused; “confused” being a code word used to blur the fact that the would-be assassins on the Left really hate Republicans, even moderate Republicans like Gerald Ford.

Watch the video showing both attempts to assassinate Gerald Ford. Moore “confused”, not.

The point made is that hesitation IS opportunity for a rushing attack. The moveon.org activist was rushing Rand Paul, and moveon.org promotes violence on behalf of its own Marxist cause.

maverick muse on October 30, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Islam translates to Submission, the literal meaning of Islam. If you think that not being the right brand of Jihadist isn’t bull$shit, Danny, you’re confused. Being forced to “confess” prior to having your head sawn off IS only the tail end of the Islamic experience that taxes all who are not Muslim for not being Muslim.

maverick muse on October 30, 2010 at 9:06 AM

The moveon.org feminist activist was not stomped on the head, but on her back between her shoulders. That does not cause a concussion, but certainly knocks the breath out of you, and could cause dislocation or broken skeletal frame. So she can either produce the certified by Rand Paul’s doctor x-rays of the supposed injuries, or stfu. You get what you ask for when you charge towards another in attack mode. Feminists can’t cry about being treated the same as a man.

maverick muse on October 30, 2010 at 9:11 AM

“By uploading your picture you can show that your voice will not be silenced even in the face of intimidating and thuggish behavior. We’ll put all the photos in one public place as a statement of solidarity … and a promise to keep speaking out.”

Absolutely, stand up united for Kenneth Gladney!

maverick muse on October 30, 2010 at 9:17 AM

@ maveric muse (re: post 9:08 AM)

I appreciate your comments. However, don’t try to read too deeply into what I have written – and extrapolate what I may or may not know. Not your fault – I should have been more clear.

Frankly, and sad to say, I now believe both radical Islamic fanatacist terrorists and extreme left liberals to be a serious threat – their desired outcome being the same – submission by others to themselves. The overt nature of the radical Islamic terrorist is plainly obvious with respect to the desired outcome.

On the contrary, the desired outcome for the radical left liberal is more subtle. More easily hidden through passage of 2000pg + laws without a thorough review by those signing them (which republicans better stop doing as well), selectively enforcing laws (e.g. voting rights laws), having a mass media willing to berate & belittle those who disagree with them – while spewing propaganda, etc. It is this subtlety (?sp) that I have come to truly despise. President Obama made it clear how he truly felt by the statement after winning the 2008 election to his political opponents, “I won.” implying that he could do whatever – yet just “take it”, and more recently specifically to Latinos, calling those of us who disagree “enemies”.

Frankly, I despise both groups, and rinos who sell their principles for “compromise”. They want us to be slaves. This American will never be a slave. Thus the Sons of Liberty reference above.

For those of us who love this country, we will have more battles with those who are brainwashed in madrassas, and those who are brainwashed in universities/colleges. If unrepentant people like Bill Ayers continue to be allowed to spew their garbage and poison for naive minds to absorb, then we have to start treating the likes of him just like the radical Islamic terrorist.

I think that day will coming sooner rather than later.

Danny on October 30, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I think that day will coming sooner rather than later.

Danny on October 30, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I agree, but only about 100%.

It’s coming, and I don’t see how it could be avoided.

Squiggy on October 30, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Interview with Kenneth Gladney, Man Assaulted by Union Thugs at Town Hall

By Bob Ellis on August 7th, 2009
Dakota Voice

maverick muse on October 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Remember the two people — Republicans, staff members of Bobby Jindal’s in Louisiana — who were assaulted in New Orleans not so long ago, as they were leaving a GOP Conference (I think it was on the O-healthcare debacle)? One of them, the female of the couple, had her leg broken in several places by the assailants, who clearly made a POLITICALLY motivated attack on the two.

Last I read, the police were still “looking” for the two culprits, while the media overall fell completely and utterly silent after the first breaking news of that assault.

Lourdes on October 31, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Just one post about the Jindal staffers being attacked

But do a simple search (try “Jindal staff attacked” or anything like that) and you’ll find a lot more about it, all soon after the attack, then, utter silence.

Lourdes on October 31, 2010 at 1:27 AM

You can’t stomp on me, Republicans

Ready, willing, and fully capable of doing far more than that, pals. Oh, and Mr. Massey needs to come talk to me before his next rally–the Corps taught me how to put a sonofab!tch choking me down on the ground and deliver a killing blow to him within about 10 seconds of him putting his filthy claws on me. I’d have been happy to do it, too.

quikstrike98 on October 31, 2010 at 7:22 AM