Video: The most painfully awkward debate moment of the year

posted at 10:19 pm on October 27, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Capital Tonight, meet New York Assemblyman — and Democrat — Bob Reilly. If you thought the last few months of the Dems’ national campaign were tone-deaf, wait until you see ol’ Bob here in action. Obama doesn’t have a messaging problem; this guy has a messaging problem.

There’s nothing I can say to prepare you for it, except that you’ll run the gamut of emotions. First, shock; then disgust at Reilly; then anger at yourself for finding the absurdity of it funny; then hearty laughter at just how stupid Democrats can be.

Comments

Standing by for the auto-tune remix.

Kenosha Kid on October 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Standing by for the auto-tune remix.

Kenosha Kid on October 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM

All eyes on the headlines.

TexasDan on October 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM

If you’re the “debate” opponent for this guy—-how do you begin?

rwenger43 on October 28, 2010 at 11:47 AM

“And since I’ve pledged to work with the new governor to get our fiscal house in order….let me just say that we will NEVER cut taxes so long as one Karl, er Kyle, is out there!”

Do you get the impression that “get our fiscal house in order”, “take care of Kyle”, “platitudes”, and “resources” all have different meanings to this guy than they do to you and me?

rwenger43 on October 28, 2010 at 12:00 PM

oh my
oh my
this is simply too much to bear

blatantblue on October 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM

By prefacing a statement with “no disrespect intended” does not give you a get out of jail free card for being disrespectful.

Guest1.1 on October 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

If you’re the “debate” opponent for this guy—-how do you begin?

rwenger43 on October 28, 2010 at 11:47 AM

“I rest my case”?

BobMbx on October 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM

no disrespect intended

Reilly would’ve aborted Kyle.

itsnotaboutme on October 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Reilly would’ve aborted Kyle.

itsnotaboutme on October 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

itsnotaboutme,

You are on to something here.

Democrats-leftists-Fifth Columnists try desperately to paint Conservatives, Republicans, pro-lifers, small government persons, Tea Party activists, and so on, as mean, selfish, racist, bigoted, hate filled, wishing to kick grandma out into the street, starve children to death, make the richest even richer and everyone else dirt poor and homeless, and so forth.

Democrats-leftists-Fifth columnists purport that they are compassionate, loving, caring, generous, moral, honest, and so on.

In point of fact, Democrats-leftists-Fifth Columnists are big on pushing abortion, euthanasia, eugenics, government mandates, rationing, and so forth, save for they, themselves, if they are doing well, a la Al Gore, John Edwards, Barack Hussein Obama, John Kerry, and so many other very rich leftists.

Democrats-leftists-fifth columnists would target Kyle for extermination-assassination for his audacity at having a handicap or disorder such as Cerebral Paisley, cleft pallet, Downs Syndrome, and more.

Kyle’s mother would be subjected to the medical rape of the abortuary where her body would be treated like a refuge for a hunted criminal – the baby, in this case the unwanted “Kyle.”

Our nation’s activists tend to care more about abused animals/pets than human beings inside the womb targeted for assassination. Butchering babies via elective, induced abortion is considered a great thing, while any depiction of the horrors of abortion – graphic images of aborted babies and damage to the mother, are suppressed and people become outraged, but television stations proudly allow animal advocacy groups to show film footage of undernourished, injured, abused animals as the advocates beg for donations and ask you to help protect the animals.

Not so much the same allowances for asking people to protect the human beings.

Crack the egg of a bird on the endangered species list and you can face criminal-legal action, but it is A-okay to slaughter the likes of “Kyle,” and even perfectly healthy human beings, all under the falsely named “Reproductive Rights.”

Reproductive Rights actually means the right to reproduce.

Since the new human being’s life has already begun, the mommy and daddy HAVE already reproduced, so abortion, rather than a Reproductive Right is actually the legal protection to slaughter an entire segment of the human race based solely on their age, their level of development, and their place of residence – the womb, and even as they are already being born.

Again, I enjoyed your insight regarding the fate of the character Kyle who Reilly referred to, the fate at the hands of Democrats-Leftists-Fifth Columnists.

With the Democrats-leftists-fifth columnists Kyle and millions of other children would be slaughtered in the abortuary slaughterhouses or via pharmaceutical means.

New promotional statement: “Want to thin the herd and rob other human beings of their opportunity at life? Protect the right to butcher babies, vote Democrat, for we care.

A guy like the Kyle character in Reilly’s dramatization would end up Terminated in a medical refuse pile.

So much for their faux “mercy and compassion!”

William2006 on October 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Don’t forget cerebal…crerebal…something like that.

Zelda on October 28, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Cut those Taxes!

Irenaeus on October 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM

It was too painful to get by more than the first few seconds of “Kyle”. I am pretty sure Reilly thought that by speaking as Kyle, he was lending emphasis and gravity to the remarks. Unfortunately, he was not. In future, if we look up “tone deaf” in the dictionary, this video will be displayed.

RickCaird on October 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM

I don’t see whats wrong with this, wasn’t he just using the voice of his dying campaign?

Rbastid on October 28, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I have got to see that teleprompter or his notes…
“And he said…(stutter like a fool)……”

right2bright on October 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Dude.

James OK on October 28, 2010 at 2:32 PM

To be fair, he was just auditioning for his local summer stock theater production of I, Claudius.

DrAllecon on October 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM

RULE BY ANECDOTE!

It’s the only way.

/Left

mankai on October 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM

DrAllecon, I was thinking My LEFT Foot!

elifino on October 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Yhe “k” in “davidk” stands for Kyle, and I stand with Kyle.

The two things that can piss me off in a hurry is people who abuse their athority and people who mistreat my “special” friends (and I’ve had a lot over the years.)

davidk on October 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I would bet that Kyle doesn’t exist, and that that ass made up that episode.

justltl on October 29, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Wut.

Jewels on October 29, 2010 at 12:21 PM

“As I said in my opening statements, most importantly I will continue to serve you with integrity. I will work with the new governor to get fiscal house in order; but most importantly I will manage our resources.”

Say there, Bob, thats TWO different things you said were MOST IMPORTANT in the first two sentence paragraph.

You write your own stuff, do you, Bobby?

Might want to think about hiring some new staff. Perhaps someone with more than a third grade education!

Trochilus on October 30, 2010 at 8:45 PM