New Joe Miller ad: My opponent’s not a witch, but…

posted at 7:30 pm on October 27, 2010 by Allahpundit

Behold the media reach of Christine O’Donnell, capable of influencing ads for Senate races thousands of miles away from Delaware. I like the spot, mainly because it lightens Miller’s image after the bad press he got from his security handcuffing that blogger, but I’ve got to say: He must be the only tea-party candidate in the country right now who’s actually trying, however obliquely, to inject O’Donnell into his race. (Ask Pat Toomey about that.) How about some ads instead touting his military service and highlighting the sleazy performance of She Who Shall Not Be Named at the last debate? Or is that what he’s bringing Palin in for — to emphasize his service credentials as a proud military mom?

Speaking of SWSNBN, her campaign’s outrageously outraged at today’s court ruling prohibiting electioneering near polling places by circulating a list with the names of write-in candidates. That seems like common sense to me: A list inside a polling place that contains the name of candidates is typically known as … a ballot, yes? She didn’t qualify for that, so now she’s got to respect the 200-foot perimeter. If lists are allowed inside, Alaska might as well do away with ballot qualifications entirely and put everyone on there who wants to be on.

Comments

“My write-in opponent…

Rhymes with witch…”

Khun Joe on October 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Sweet! Halloween AD :o)

IowaWoman on October 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Perfect…because its almost Halloween time.

Kinda like Angle on sending flowers,in your face
so-to speak!!!

Lisa might not be a WITCH,but she probable is a Cauldron Dancer,er wait,that comes full-circle back to the Witch t
hingy,nevermind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Good luck Joe Miller.

West Point – Bronze Star – you’re a great American.

jake-the-goose on October 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Miller should have guys with cards that misspell her name.

Iblis on October 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Sweet! Halloween AD :o)

IowaWoman on October 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM

IowaWoman:Tee-hee,yuppers!:)

canopfor on October 27, 2010 at 7:35 PM

That was a decent ad and the humor contrasts with Ilsa Mieselkonski’s nasty showing at the debate.

sharrukin on October 27, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I hope that he wins but that ad was really stupid. Really, really stupid.

milwife88 on October 27, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Excellent ad Joe. I’m glad it shows the humorous side to you. You do come off a bit too serious for some people.

technopeasant on October 27, 2010 at 7:37 PM

dumb

joepub on October 27, 2010 at 7:37 PM

At least now Lunka Monkfishki can blame the courts for her loss. Whew…for a minute there she thought she might have to take responsibility on herself.

Extrafishy on October 27, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I’m sure glad Gludzy McGillicuddy can’t tack up flyers inside polling booths with her name on it. She acts every bit like some Democrat hack. Next she’ll find a load of absentee ballots in a trnk with her name written in…the tell will be that each ballot is marked in a different color of the standard 64 crayons.

JonPrichard on October 27, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Go Joe, she is one nasty piece of work!

bluemarlin on October 27, 2010 at 7:40 PM

That court ruling is her death knell.
She’s all done.

Ha Ha!!!!

NeoKong on October 27, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I hope that he wins but that ad was really stupid. Really, really stupid.

milwife88 on October 27, 2010

I thought it was pretty funny – in season, topical and takes some nice swings at actual issues, even jabs at the whole write-in thing. What’s stupid about that?

JonPrichard on October 27, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I hope he wins but that was stupid. I can’t wait until this election is over.

echosyst on October 27, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Nice ad. Cleaver, succinct, and humorous.

csdeven on October 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM

her real problem up here is that all the ads that I have seen, all talk about how to spell her name.NOT ONE discuss any issue or stands that she takes that I have seen.

The problem with the list and everything, she has been in the senate since 2002, her dad was governor and in the senate before her, if the people don’t know how to spell her name, and aren’t interested in her, they never will.

ConservativePartyNow on October 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Me likey !

pambi on October 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Light-hearted and funny.

Asher on October 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

No way to cheat and she becomes irrelevant. One more RINO bites the dust.

BetseyRoss on October 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

That was funny. We could use a little lightening of the air. It was well-done, and it ties in with Halloween.

paul1149 on October 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Wonder if OD will sue him….

Bradky on October 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

What happened with the guy in Michigan whose little baby was selling vacuum cleaners door to door?

Blake on October 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Miller should have guys with cards that misspell her name.

Iblis on October 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM

That would be priceless! I’d love to see that ad!

BruthaMan on October 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM

The Category #5 Sh*t Hurricane I predicted is here,
right on schedule,for the Mid-Terms!
========================================================
‘Great Lakes Cyclone’ wreaks havoc in Midwest in one of the worst storms in U.S. history

2,000-mile wide storm affects 31 states as it heads for East Coast

Atmospheric pressure drops to levels seen in Category 3 Hurricane, with 81mph winds

24 tornados reported to have hit land in 24 states
220,000 homes and businesses left without power and scores injured

canopfor on October 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Stupid.

huckleberryfriend on October 27, 2010 at 7:50 PM

to emphasize his service credentials as a proud military mom?

Joe Miller is a military mom?

John the Libertarian on October 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM

I also like Joe Miller’s web ad that he has posted on the right side of his campaign website.

I really hope Alaskans send Joe Miller to the Senate!

wren on October 27, 2010 at 7:52 PM

OT. Did anyone see the 2010-11 Republican Beef Cake Calendar? It’s disturbing. You’ve been warned. Oh, and insultive at times.

It is Vainty Fair after all.

milwife88 on October 27, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I thought this was the Monster Mash.

madmonkphotog on October 27, 2010 at 7:57 PM

The only way not having her name in the polling place will hurt her is if they only accept correct spellings of her name. If they accept near misses, it’s meaningless.

DrAllecon on October 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Dude. Either use the razor or not. The Don Johnson look went out in the 80′s

tommylotto on October 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

OT: Mark Levin just mentioned that Karl Rove is now trashing Palin. Here’s the link Mark referenced.

Political Junkie on October 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Vote for McGonagall! Cause she’s not a witch either.

Oh wait, yes she is.

Enoxo on October 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

SWSNBN,

heh

cmsinaz on October 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM

DrAllecon on October 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM

If you don’t hand some people the toilet paper they wouldn’t wipe their own butt. Some will just vote Miller, or Democrat because its less trouble than a Moskeleski write in.

sharrukin on October 27, 2010 at 8:01 PM

great ad…

cmsinaz on October 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM

The voice over at the end of the clip (I’m Joe Miller and I approve this message) sure does sound like Obama. Has the president finally come to his senses and started lending his support for the R’s?

glennbo on October 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM

put everyone on there who wants to be on.

working as a precinct judge and reviewing write-ins, you don’t know how many times Mickey Mouse makes the ballot every election…what a waste of a vote…

cmsinaz on October 27, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Political Junkie on October 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

“There are high standards that the American people have for it [the presidency] and they require a certain level of gravitas, and they want to look at the candidate and say ‘that candidate is doing things that gives me confidence that they are up to the most demanding job in the world’.”

I really can’t say that I have noticed this high standard he is talking about!

sharrukin on October 27, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I think MurkyCowSki really is a witch!

PaCadle on October 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I seems more than a little stupid to have a candidate say he/she approves this message when he/she appears in the ad.

clearbluesky on October 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM

It is Vainty Fair after all.

milwife88 on October 27, 2010 at 7:53 PM

milwife88: Looks like the Left are pull’n out all the
stops,egads!!:)

canopfor on October 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Dude. Either use the razor or not. The Don Johnson look went out in the 80′s
tommylotto on October 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I’ve got a friend who has to shave twice a day to keep from getting a Grizzly Adams beard overnight, some dudes just have that type of whiskerage.

Bishop on October 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Allah, you Muggle! It’s SWMNBN: “She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named”.

KS Rex on October 27, 2010 at 8:15 PM

..Ding dong, the witch is dead..

The War Planner on October 27, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Dude. Either use the razor or not. The Don Johnson look went out in the 80′s

tommylotto on October 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I live in Texas, and sadly, we still have people who sport mullets and listen to Freebird.

madmonkphotog on October 27, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Levity and probity and comity.

And Halloween.

A political ad is supposed to be unmemorable.

This one fails.

The Murk clears…

profitsbeard on October 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM

(…)

ConservativePartyNow on October 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Isn’t that what McMinishriller is all about? How to spell her name? Her name and what it is? That sums up her “campaign” as well as anything.

Lourdes on October 27, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Does anyone still think Rove is out for the best interest of the Republican party. He decides to attack a Senate candidate the day of her primary win and now he is attacking one of the leaders of the party 6 days out from the mid-terms. he has alread y did his best to lose the GOP a seat in DE, now it seems he wants to hand the dems a lifeline.

It is time for Rove to get off the stage his 15mins is over. these comments make his destruction of the GOP in 2006 and 2008 seen in a different light. did rove intentionally drestroy the REP party from 2004-2006? Is he a mole inside the GOP? Is he getting money from Soros? does rove desire power more then what is best for the country?

unseen on October 27, 2010 at 8:38 PM

listen to Freebird.

madmonkphotog on October 27, 2010 at 8:30 PM

what’s the problem with Freebird? it’s a good song.

unseen on October 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM

It’s not often you see someone compared to Voldemort from Harry Potter… “She-Who-Must-not-be-named.”
I like it!

FireSarge on October 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I really can’t say that I have noticed this high standard he is talking about!

sharrukin on October 27, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Let’s just check his greatest work of art: GWB.

Compassionate conservative – big expander
Went to War in Iraq – wont even explain it to his crucifier
and wanted to back out on the “surge”
Singed TARP I – the father of the unstimulating Stimuli
2 Termer – challenging Carter as lowest approval rating ever upon leaving the office.

IT IS REALLY PALIN AND THE TEA PARTY THAT SALVAGED THE REPUBLICAN PARTY LEFT BY ROVE’S GREATEST WORK.

Palin – no gravitas? I beg to disagree.

TheAlamos on October 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM

It is Vainty Fair after all.

milwife88 on October 27, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Those had to be the worst photoshops that I have ever seen. They also smack of the work of a not-so-in-the-closet gay blade or of an adolescent coming to terms with his ambiguities.

onlineanalyst on October 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Fun.

At this point in the game, viewers will appreciate a little more humor.

texasconserv on October 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM

TheAlamos on October 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Then there is the elephant in the room by the name of Obama.

A certain level of gravitas?

He is talking about the facade of dignity, which is a very different thing than dignity itself. You want to compare Palin’s sense of duty to that of Clinton’s, or her dignity to that of Carter of the ‘scary rabbit’ fame?

If I had my choice I would take that divorced ex-actor who co-starred with a chimp in Bedtime for Bonzo!

sharrukin on October 27, 2010 at 8:54 PM

my initial reaction…stupid… didn’t like it and to me it’s coming off as a self serving dig at Christine ODonnell so WTH???

CCRWM on October 27, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Dude. Either use the razor or not. The Don Johnson look went out in the 80′s
tommylotto on October 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Bishop on October 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Do not tell me that is natural. Every time I see him he has the not-quite-beard look. If he is just a hairy dude, certainly I would have seen him clean shaven some times. It never varies even before national television appearances. He must be setting his electric razor on the same setting I use for my chest hairs. It looks contrived to me, and not good BTW. I would have no problem with a full bearded Senator from Alaska. This guy looks like he has lived on a boat in Miami for the past 25 years.

tommylotto on October 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I hate her but PLEASE! DON’T BE MEAN TO A WOMAN!

SWMNBN? WHAT? A FEMALE VERSION OF VOLDEMORT!

That’s foul.

Lizarded ed ed e is NOT VOLDEMORTA!

And Miller can’t be Harry Potter. Potter is gay and anti-war and pro-LGBT!

TheAlamos on October 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I like the ad, but I’m not sure what motivated him to parody the O’Donnell situation. It could have volatile implications.

MrX on October 27, 2010 at 9:07 PM

MrX on October 27, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Very possible. The mere mention of her name could result in blood on the streets and out of control rioting. /s

sharrukin on October 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM

I do not think that he is referring to Christine O’Donnel. I think that he is just making a topical reference to Halloween as well as the the fact that he does not what to mention her name since she is a write-inout. It is similar to the web ad on his page. He is being very careful to show that she is not a legitimate candidate.

sabbahillel on October 27, 2010 at 9:17 PM

sharrukin on October 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Exactly. If we really want a SUPER SUPER TSUNAMI in Nov. 2, ALL GOP CANDIDATES (potentially winning or losing alike) to make a strong, unified concluding remark before going to the main event:

TODAY IS THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE GREAT “TIME OF CHOOSING” OF THE GIPPER!

I HOPE THAT THE RNC/NRCC AND EVERYONE MAKE A COLLECTIVE VOICE TO JOINTLY REMEMBER “THE GIPPER”!

TheAlamos on October 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM

In Maryland, the Board of Elections sends out sample ballots showing how each ballot page will appear. It also has a list of all those who have officially been listed as write in candidates. Since these samples come from the Board of Elections, a voter may mark it in advance and bring it in to consult whe he votes. If it came premarked from a candidate, it would probably be “electioneering material”. However, if a voter brings in such material, it might be allowed.

sabbahillel on October 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Miller should have guys with cards that misspell her name.

Iblis on October 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM

If they need ideas, go to Ace’s site.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 27, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Great ad! Keeps Miller’s name on the radar and reminds the base that what’s-her-face is a whiney, backstabbing, … uh, troll.

Ace ODale on October 27, 2010 at 9:38 PM

clearbluesky on October 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Take it up with our last presidential nominee.

RINO in Name Only on October 27, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Bedevere: How do you know she is a witch?
Peasant: She looks like one.
[Crowd indistinctly shouts]
Bedevere: Bring her forward!
SWSNBN: I’m not a witch.
Bedevere: But you are dressed as one…
SWSNBN: They dressed me up like this.
[Crowd murmurs]
SWSNBN: And this isn’t my nose. This is a false one.
Bedevere: [inspects the nose and confirms] Well?
Peasant: Well, we did do the nose.
Bedevere: The nose?
Peasant: And the hat. She’s a witch!
Peasant Crowd: Burn her!
Bedevere: Did you dress her up like this?
Peasant Crowd: No, no, no! [beat] Yes, yes. A bit. But she’s got a wart.
Bedevere: Why do you think that she is a witch?
Peasant: Well, she turned me into a newt.
[Bedevere gives him a disbelieving look]
Bedevere: A newt?
[Silence]
Peasant: Well, I got better.
Peasant Crowd: Burn her anyway!

Mo_mac on October 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Finally! A political ad with humor.

Good going, Joe. And I understand Palin is going up there to help him close the deal.

AnninCA on October 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM

She Whose Name Shall Not Be On The Ballot, nor on a list at the polling place. Hopefully that’s enough to harpoon this RINO.

2ipa on October 27, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Don’t like the ad. It’s time to get serious.

Buy Danish on October 27, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Blake on October 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I believe that was in Minnesota, the guy running against Keith Ellison, Joel Demos. I couldn’t find any polls, but everyone seems to think it’s a safe race for Ellison, unfortunately.

tikvah on October 27, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Morcowski.
Morecowski.
Merkawski.
Markoskey.
Murrcowsky.
She who must not be named…She whose name is really tough to spell…

Snap! Americans just can’t spell worth a hoot.

Loved the ad. Halloween is right around the corner.

marybel on October 27, 2010 at 10:19 PM

What if they write in Millercowski? Is that like a hanging chad?

LoneStarGal on October 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Nice ad – amusing, straightforward, and delightfully seasonal.

My work computer’s wallpaper is that green witchy photoshop of Nancy Pelosi.

disa on October 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Snap! Americans just can’t spell worth a hoot.

marybel on October 27, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I’m a damned good speller (but a so-so typist) and it’s wasted on me because I’M NOT VOTING FOR MURKOWSKI! Muhahahahahaha!

On the topic of Miller’s Don Johnson beard, I don’t care for it but it’s ultimately irrelevant.

disa on October 27, 2010 at 10:59 PM

So…that would be ‘witch’ with a capital ‘B’ right?

Fighton03 on October 27, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Peasant Crowd: Burn her anyway!

Mo_mac on October 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Mo_mac:Good one!

canopfor on October 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Peasant Crowd: Burn her anyway!

Mo_mac on October 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Mo_mac:Good one!

canopfor on October 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM

and what do we burn, apart from witches?

Fighton03 on October 28, 2010 at 12:28 AM

I have the defeat of that witch right behind Reid, Sestak, and Crist in level of importance. Two former Republicans out of the four most important races.

Jaibones on October 28, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Palin’s show reminds me of all those General Electric TV shows that Reagan did. He also did a lot of radio after losing the primary to Gerald Ford. Sometimes it was politics and sometimes general social stuff…kept him in the public eye…but not particularly gravitas builders.

I’m starting to dislike Rove. He’s a kingmaker but always building up yesterday’s king.

JonPrichard on October 28, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Lord Voldemort = Tom Riddle
Lisa Murkowski = Wiki Slurs Amok

hmm…

c4 on October 28, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Sorry,
Tom Marvolo Riddle

c4 on October 28, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Miller needs to shave or grow a beard.Metro suacks.

DDT on October 28, 2010 at 3:50 AM

Sorry,metro SUCKS.

DDT on October 28, 2010 at 3:50 AM

With his look,I’d be tempted to vote for Murkowicz,Murkanowski,Murkanovitch,or whatever her name is.
What,is he afraid to get too close to a razor?

DDT on October 28, 2010 at 3:57 AM

So if someone in Alaska writes in “B*TCH WITCH” on their ballot next Tuesday, does that still count as a vote for Lisa Murkowski?

pilamaye on October 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM

I don’t think Murkowski can win because libtards simply will not be able to spell her name. For heaven’s sake they couldn’t figure out a butterfly ballot!

Mojave Mark on October 28, 2010 at 9:30 AM

The Alaskans have a bigger problem than Mercowski still running as a write in. Their supreme court just rewrote state law to suit them and her. State law forbids lists of write ins within 200′ ft of the polling place. Some polling places already had the lists or provided one if requested. Wonder how many names were listed. Wresting control of our lives away from progressives is going to get tougher.

Kissmygrits on October 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

To borrow from Tolkein, Bombur and the 12 dwarves cast off the Last Homely Senator in the Mountains on a dark, dangerous journey through Mirk(owski)wood Forest to slay the dragon under the Lonely Mountain, and return the stolen treasure to the Men by the Lake…

Steve Z on October 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

pilamaye on October 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Maybe she’s one of the Lizard People from Minnesota.

Steve Z on October 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM