Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on October 26, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Barack Obama’s trip started off badly before Obama even arrived, with the Democratic gubernatorial nominee telling a radio show that Obama could “shove” his endorsement after Obama made it known that he would remain neutral as a favor to Frank Caprio’s independent candidate, Lincoln Chafee. It only got worse when Obama made appearances at two fundraisers. Not only did Obama get confused about the unemployment rate, but where he was. A source provided me with a series of Obamateurisms rolled up into a single day from press pool reports:

“We are 10 days away? Nine? I have been on the road a lot.”

It was actually 8 days away last night, and seven days away today.

“We can’t have special interest sh*tting… Sitting shotgun.”

Did TOTUS do that? Also, the press pool didn’t provide the exact quotes, but Obama referenced being in New Hampshire rather than Rhode Island at one point, and also misstated the jobless rate as 9.5%, too.

But let’s not be too hard on Obama. It must be a tough election cycle with all of those non-endorsements Obama is offering fellow Democrats.

Comments

Clean and articulate!!!

VelvetElvis on October 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Sitting, sh*tting — could be an innocent mistake, or a Freudian slip. More likely IMHO, it shows his utter contempt for anyone who disagrees with him. Obama is the reductio ad absurdum of the “tolerant” left.

jwolf on October 26, 2010 at 8:11 AM

TOTUS is getting ready for his big trip…

cmsinaz on October 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM

“We are 10 days away? Nine? I have been on the road a lot.”

They don’t have calendars on the road? If he uses his blackberry as much as those teleprompters he should know what day it is and be able to count down the days to the TEAnami. Yeaaaaaargh! Let’s go get ‘em.

30 pcs of silver on October 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Anyone besides me getting tired of the car references?

I have been on the road a lot.

Must be tiring flying around in a luxury airplane.

Beaglemom on October 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Is Obama drinking again?

Skandia Recluse on October 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM

no golf trips this time around?

cmsinaz on October 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Shlurpee.

fossten on October 26, 2010 at 8:17 AM

He’s clearly tired.

Isn’t it time that he retired?

Yes it is, America.

Yes it is.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2010 at 8:17 AM

National Enquirer says Totus and Skynet are a thing.

Limerick on October 26, 2010 at 8:18 AM

HE belongs in the back seat, not us !!

pambi on October 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM

My dream is to hack into the controls to the TOTUS and type in something stupid. I’ll bet he’d still read it. Just imagine:

radjah shelduck on October 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM

“I have been on the road a lot.”

That’s OK, we’ll soon have the keys back and you can relax comfortably on the side of the road or in the ditch you claimed to have pulled the car out from. Here, here’s a latte.

30 pcs of silver on October 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM

How’s those Greek Pillars holding up Mr. President?

Rovin on October 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Dear Liar is a racist.

rbj on October 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM

He needs my patented Tel-Eye-Prompter.

blatantblue on October 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM

… force me to wear one of Michelle’s bras.”

radjah shelduck on October 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM

*shudder*

Thank you for that image that will forever be burned into my mind.

Not enough soap in the world to wash that one away.

turfmann on October 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Anyone besides me getting tired of the car references?

I have been on the road a lot.
Must be tiring flying around in a luxury airplane.

Beaglemom on October 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM

You can sit in the back.

Key West Reader on October 26, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Isn’t 9.5% the typical unemployment rate during a good economy in Democrat dominated Rhode Island?

forest on October 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Now that progress has been made, he said, “we can’t have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.”

Tsk Tsk
. First there’s the violent imagery of shotguns. Remember the outrage when Sarah Palin used the word “reload”? Next, can you imagine the blow-back if we said that Obama had to ride in the back of the bus? And I say bus, because clearly no car has room for entire “families” to sit up front ‘riding shotgun’. Indeed, the only thing that’s missing from Massa Obama is a reference to separate slurpee water coolers.

Buy Danish on October 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Chin up, fellas….He was for you before he was against you. The only way he gets reelected is to have a big, bad bunch of mean ol’ Republicans in DC that he can point a finger at and demagogue. So, ya’ll sit down and STFU for a couple years and maybe you can get in the game next time around. mmkay?

ted c on October 26, 2010 at 8:38 AM

What if it was Rush Limbaugh, Ed Morrissey or Ed Lasky that told Obama to get in the back seat??? What if these guys did it?

ted c on October 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM

TOTUS is getting ready for his big trip…

Couldn’t we just send to TOTUS to address the Indian parliament? Just let the folks there read from TOTUS and politely applaud? It would save us a LOT of money on hotels, security, and all the related costs.

oldleprechaun on October 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM

“We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.”

He knows the power of words and imagry. This is purposefully meant to evoke retribution, restitution and redistribution.

Fallon on October 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM

radjah shelduck on October 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Are you issuing a challenge to the hacker community of India? Someone should offer a prize.

meci on October 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM

He’s clearly tired.

Isn’t it time that he retired?

Yes it is, America.

Yes it is.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Nicely done.

steveegg on October 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM

How is saying that Latinos need to punish their enemies not the Obamateurism of the day?

JohnJ on October 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM

You forgot to mention the piece de resistance.

He takes $7,500 from each person at a local home fundraiser and then skips out on them before dinner to, according to his own words, “I’ve got to go home to tuck in the girls and walk the dog and scoop the poop,”.

Maybe this is where the “sh*tting… Sitting” mistake came from.

Never fear. Being the environmentalist that he is, I am sure that he saved it to use during the rest of his speeches.

November 2 can not come soon enough.

sh221b on October 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Sorry, but he has already outdone himself.

Just A Grunt on October 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM

oldleprechaun on October 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM

sounds like a plan :)

cmsinaz on October 26, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Obama knows the polls and also knows his job isn’t on the line in this election. Combine that with the White House’s group ego that thinks they can just turn on the charm/Alinsky tactics again a year from now and use that to cruise to re-election and it’s no surprise Obama’s making gaffes even with TOTUS in place. He likes campaigning for himself. He’s bored campaigning for other people, in an election cycle that is becoming less and less enjoyable every day.

jon1979 on October 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM

“We are 10 days away? Nine? I have been on the road a lot.”

Don’t'cha mean ditch-digging alot ??

Can’t even get his stories straight.

pambi on October 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Of course he’s tired, it takes a lot of energy to incite citizens to get angry and want to punish their fellow citizens. It takes a lot of energy to belittle and insult the other side, to dream up conspiracies and fire off accusations. It’s much easier to smile at someone than it is to snarl and seethe and pound your fist. Mr. President must truly be exhausted.

scalleywag on October 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM

So…this is how Obama handles stress. He’s coming unglued. Having so many people saying “no” to him must be traumatic for the poor kid.

Another week of this sorta thing and he’ll start babbling about how the GOP is trying to take over government or something. The next two years is going to be a lot more interesting than the first two years.

(Probably end up making George III looking incredibly sane.)

coldwarrior on October 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Stupid, tired and desperate is no way to go through life…

ladyingray on October 26, 2010 at 9:16 AM

This putz is going to absolutely lose it on the night of November 2nd. I can’t wait.

kingsjester on October 26, 2010 at 9:16 AM

radjah shelduck on October 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM

We could go more Anchorman, and it would be a bit more accurate:

“Go F*** yourself America. I’m Barack Obama?

loudmouth883 on October 26, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Awwww…bless his evil little heart.

ohiobabe on October 26, 2010 at 9:27 AM

My 93-year-old aunt thanks God everyday that she can wake up and know her name and what day it is. I wish I could say as much for our young president.

HellCat on October 26, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Man, I’ve felt like Miss Daisy in the back of the car for the last 2 years. The plot twist is that Hoke has gone rogue. I’m taking back the keys on November 2nd. Join me, won’t you? We’ll have a nice tea party afterward — cucumber sandwiches, scones, bread and butter pickles, petit fours, and some nice sweet tea (cold or hot as you prefer).

Greyledge Gal on October 26, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I honestly thought, Obama telling Republicans they could come along for the ride, but had to get to the back of the bus, would have been the Oteurism of the day. Go figure. LOL

However, I’m sure he is tired. Flying around in a jet, having every want, or need met, and getting pampered before ever appearance must be exhausting, not to mention stressful. *rolling eyes*

capejasmine on October 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM

ted c on October 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM
Just A Grunt on October 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Bingo.

sh221b on October 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM

If I might continue with that boorish, scatalogical reference which is unbecoming the office of the Presidency: He is so full of cr*p! But, I’ll follow Breitbart’s example, and offer any W.H. photographer 100,000 virtual high fives if they can document that he actually scooped BO’s poop.

Buy Danish on October 26, 2010 at 9:36 AM

…if they can document that he actually scooped BO’s poop.

Buy Danish on October 26, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Maybe Barrack wasn’t referring to the dog?

coldwarrior on October 26, 2010 at 9:42 AM

New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Wyoming… whatever.

9.5%, 10.5%, 20.5%… whatever.

The “whatever” President.

Smartest f’n man in the f’n room. Who cares about facts?

mr.blacksheep on October 26, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Being a would be fascist dictator is more exhausting than he thought.

Dhuka on October 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I don’t know..backseat drivers can be very irritating.

tinkerthinker on October 26, 2010 at 9:59 AM

“We are 10 days away? Nine? I have been on the road a lot.”
It was actually 8 days away last night, and seven days away today.

30 days have September, and the others I can’t remember.

“We can’t have special interest sh*tting… Sitting shotgun.”

If it fits, it ships, or something like that. The fit hit the shan.

Sasha: Where are you, Daddy?

Big Daddy: One of those 57 states…

Steve Z on October 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM

“We are 10 days away? Nine? I have been on the road a lot.”
It was actually 8 days away last night, and seven days away today.

Democrats should obey Dear Reader and vote 10 days from now. Those who have read the Constitution should vote on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.

Steve Z on October 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

He likes campaigning for himself.He’s bored campaigning for other people, in an election cycle that is becoming less and less enjoyable every day.

jon1979 on October 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Narcicists find it virtually impossible to speak positively about anyone else. After all, they should be thanking him for all he’s done.

BobMbx on October 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM

JohnJ on October 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Glenn Beck was all over that this morning. First time that a President declared the American people to be his enemies.

Who wants to join the Barack Hussein Obama Enemies List?

Steve Z on October 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM

OT:
According to Drudge, SOMEBODY’s ‘sh*tting sotgun’ on voting machines.

pambi on October 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM

“The unemployment rate will soon come down because… I just farted very loudly. The Republicans are not fit to hold power, because they’ll cater to the special interests and… force me to wear one of Michelle’s bras.”radjah shelduck on October 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Somebody has stolen your dream

“This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow, and our planet began to heal.”

Basilsbest on October 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Who wants to join the Barack Hussein Obama Enemies List?

Steve Z on October 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Oh, oh, oh, me me me! I wanna join!

rbj on October 26, 2010 at 10:29 AM

If I were Mr. President I would be real careful about tossing out the special interest card, seeing as how he’s had more lobbyists and union leaders snuggle up to him at the white house than any other president in history.

scalleywag on October 26, 2010 at 10:45 AM

He shouldn’t be wasting the tax payers hard earned money
on campaigning!

centre on October 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Who wants to join the Barack Hussein Obama Enemies List?

Steve Z on October 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Sign me up. Although, I am probably already somewhere on that list.

ZeeMI on October 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Anyone besides me getting tired of the car references?

Give the guy a break. I mean seriously, if you own a couple of the world’s largest auto companies, it just comes naturally. . .

Jason Coleman on October 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM

“We are 10 days away? Nine? I have been on the road a lot.”

Most people can think on their feet, knowing that, on a Monday, next week’s Tuesday will be eight days away (one week plus a day).

Sowell Disciple on October 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Coke is it!

RedNewEnglander on October 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Ball of confusion!
Just as appropriate today as it was 40 years ago:

People movin’ out
People movin’ in
Why, because of the color of their skin
Run, run, run, but you sho’ can’t hide
An eye for an eye
A tooth for a tooth
Vote for me, and I’ll set you free
Rap on brother, rap on
Well, the only person talkin’
‘Bout love thy brother is the preacher
And it seems,
Nobody is interested in learnin’
But the teacher
Segregation, determination, demonstration,
Integration, aggravation,
Humiliation, obligation to our nation
Ball of Confusion
That’s what the world is today

The sale of pills are at an all time high
Young folks walk around with
Their heads in the sky
Cities aflame in the summer time
And, the beat goes on

Air pollution, revolution, gun control,
Sound of soul
Shootin’ rockets to the moon
Kids growin’ up too soon
Politicians say more taxes will
Solve everything
And the band played on
So round ‘n’ round ‘n’ round we go
Where the world’s headed, nobody knows
Just a Ball of Confusion
Oh yea, that’s what the world is today

Fear in the air, tension everywhere
Unemployment rising fast,
The Beatles’ new record’s a gas
And the only safe place to live is
On an indian reservation
And the band played on
Eve of destruction, tax deduction
City inspectors, bill collectors
Mod clothes in demand,
Population out of hand
Suicide, too many bills, hippies movin’
To the hills
People all over the world, are shoutin’
End the war
And the band played on.

Copyright 1970 Jobete Music Company, Inc.

disa on October 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Obama, and his endless war on Math.
Obama, and his endless war on Geography.
Obama, and his endless war on Facts.

DSchoen on October 26, 2010 at 2:30 PM