New MoveOn ad from the future: Those wingnuts you elected in 2010 have destroyed everything

posted at 6:48 pm on October 26, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via io9, which notes that MoveOn’s webpage actually lets you personalize this vid with a name and photos if you’re so inclined. Reminds me of “The Dead Zone,” except instead of Christopher Walken trying to prevent nuclear war by assassinating Martin Sheen, we’ve got Olivia Wilde trying to prevent … I don’t know. The GOP merging with a corporation or something. The most interesting thing about this is that it’s played almost entirely for laughs, to the point where you’re left wondering why, precisely, you’re supposed to vote Democrat anyway. Or maybe that’s not the point; if you’re the sort whom this kind of ad would work on, you’re already committed to the left. All you need is a nudge to put on your shoes next Tuesday and walk down to the polling place. This seems like a long way to go for a nudge, but it’s your dime, kids. For the next one, try to get Christina Hendricks. That might actually make me reconsider ObamaCare.

Exit question: Are we sure that Olivia here knows which party is most likely to merge with corporations? Hmmmm.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

They can’t defend or reconcile their past so they invent a future.

hawkdriver on October 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Made it to the 1:40 mark.

I guess there’s a reason everyone tuned out your message and didn’t vote, eh, Olive Oil?

Good grief.

These people are pathetic.

Bruno Strozek on October 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Brazil and The Terminator called and want their passe anarchist-chic b.s. back.

Rebellion?

Democrats with “handmade weapons”? [iPod garrotes?]

Somebody at the ad agency got their meme’s mixed.

(Too much Tweeting and texting and Tofruitti during browsing?)

Confused about which side respects both the First and Second Amendments?

The Democrats are like, cooler, right? And it’s tres cool to be an underground resistance fighter in, like, Manga style against the Corporate Machine, true?

What’s next, an evil blue Avatar Boehner personally raping an entire evironment?

Or a Smurfy Nancy Pelosi dancing in a Nurse Rachet outfit?

The Demon With A Glass Hand Copywriter With A Lame Gig.

profitsbeard on October 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Made it to 1:51, anyone beat that?

JavelinaBomb on October 26, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Republicorp?

So you did this video for free, right 13?

rogerb on October 26, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Isn’t the patron saint of the left Krugman all but calling for a trade war with China?

rob verdi on October 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I’m guessing the problem with this ad is messaging.

JavelinaBomb on October 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Made it to 1:51, anyone beat that?

JavelinaBomb on October 26, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I watched the whole thing, but I once had to take a car trip with a screaming baby in it for three hours, which was a somewhat similar experience.

sharrukin on October 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

profitsbeard on October 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Please, no mental pictures.

Ryan Anthony on October 26, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Does anyone have the stock symbol for that RepubliCorp? I’d like to pick up a few shares

flyoverland on October 26, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Uh-huh.
BTW,who is Olivia Wilde?She’s cute.

DDT on October 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Ha. President Palin. Boy would that make their heads explode… hmmmmmm

El_Terrible on October 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM

45 seconds in and I had to abort.

vinceautmorire on October 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Made it to the 1:40 mark.

I only made it to 1:13.

davisbr on October 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM

…thread winner

davisbr on October 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Of course the Dem’rats have done everything possible to make that come true.

They have set so many IED’s and roadside bombs in place (SS, Medicare, Fannie, Sallie, Calif, Mich, NY, Union pensions) since FDR’s time and LBJ thru present.

…..they are primed for the Tea Party to take blame, and it could well be the Ruleing Class GOP Rino’s know full well the coming economic meltdown…..and will actually assist the left in placing the blame on the Conservative/Tea party.

…..actually assist

sbark on October 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM

For those who didn’t watch the whole thing, her comrade comes downstairs to get her to evacuate, and they start bickering like a married couple, and arguing about linear time theory.

manwithblackhat on October 26, 2010 at 8:09 PM

That was stupid

terryannonline on October 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I concur.

MCGIRV on October 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Dude I wanna work for RepubliCorp! Plus Olivia looks great for being what 87 years old? Oh and talk about playing on FEAR!

The Expert RepubliCorp Knows

HotAirExpert on October 26, 2010 at 8:17 PM

THIS AD is part of the setup for the Rand Paul incident.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

The sign that the woman wanted to hold up in front of Rand Paul was the “Republicorp” sign (the premise of the vid above).

Where’s the footage that MoveOn was shooting prior to and after the Rand Paul incident?

Jason Coleman on October 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Good luck with that ad! Keep trying…

Khun Joe on October 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Brazil and The Terminator called and want their passe anarchist-chic b.s. back.

Hey, don’t knock Brazil! That’s a great movie.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a nice, rare number 3 waiting for me.

Inkblots on October 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM

For Christina Hendricks I’d vote for anybody/anything. Yowzers.

Rightwingguy on October 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Dubest. Video. Ever.

SalHansen on October 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Sorry my ‘M’ key sticks sometimes.

Dumbest. Video. Ever.

SalHansen on October 26, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Is it sad that saying things like Palin declares “superwar” againanst Norway is the kind of thing that motivates THESE voters as calculated by the left? Or that Boehner sends out an email to replace SS? Can anyone of us imagne if HotAir produced a video with this level of silly claims that we wouldn’t be frigging embarrassed? I would ask Ed or AP to get a CAT scan for a brain tumor. We are in deep trouble gang if this is the intellectual effort of the left. Please let ther be light aftre Nov 3 and the whole country hasn’t gone mad.

Conan on October 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Dubest. Video. Ever.

SalHansen on October 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM

I take it you prefer the subtitled version?

Inkblots on October 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM

OK all politics aside. I liked it , great idea for a good sci-fi flick!

ColdWarrior57 on October 26, 2010 at 8:48 PM

BTW,who is Olivia Wilde?She’s cute.

DDT on October 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM

She’s the hot doc on

House

. The final paragraph from her Wikipedia page:

She also appeared in the Moveon.org mock-PSA “supporting” the right of the healthcare insurance industry to maintain their high profits[15], and an apocalyptic message from the future after Republicans regain control of the country[16].

Clueless.

BuckeyeSam on October 26, 2010 at 8:51 PM

President Palin?

Hey, looks like a pretty good future to me.

bgoldman on October 26, 2010 at 8:55 PM

This is a derivation of Colbert humor. You create a caricature because the real thing doesn’t exist.

commodore on October 26, 2010 at 8:57 PM

13 builds a Terminator-esque strawman.

Constitutionalists have nothing to fear but fear itself. Socialists have nothing to offer but fear itself.

Who are you going to believe, bimbette of the week, or Bill Whittle?

Freelancer on October 26, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Poor Olivia, if only she had taken time to go to college and get an education or read something other than a piss poor script.

Highplains on October 26, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I cannot be the only person who has thought for years that Olivia Wilde just isn’t that attractive. Her face or something is just too angular. And yet she’s supposed to convince me that, what, showing her IQ is sub-room temperature is supposed to make me embrace the Democrats?

I’m with AP: give me Christina Hendricks and I might be tempted. Giving me Olivia Wilde simply makes me want to ask for a refund.

Physics Geek on October 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Yes – the evil greedy Republicans took over banks and major auto corporations leading to…..ahhh…never mind.

quiz1 on October 26, 2010 at 9:11 PM

It’s so stupid her hotness makes it even more irritating instead of redeeming it.

Mojave Mark on October 26, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Did Moveon, get an injection of Soros money too?

Dr Evil on October 26, 2010 at 9:23 PM

You know, the most disturbing thing about this is that it forces you to realize that these people are totally effing crazy. Crazy, but extremely well funded. And dangerous.

Gee. ya think all those years of letting the left control the education of most of the country is going to come back and bite us in the ass, or what?

bofh on October 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

The insurance industry’s “high profits”? She’s an idiot.

Ward Cleaver on October 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

THIS AD is part of the setup for the Rand Paul incident.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Jason Coleman on October 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Iiiiiiinteresting…..but not surprising!

Also: republicorp[.org|.net] are, you guessed it, MoveOn propaganda sites.

Hannibal Smith on October 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM

OT: It turns out the voting machine techs in Clark County, Nevada — where pro-Reid voter fraud has been alleged — are members of SEIU.

amerpundit on October 26, 2010 at 6:55 PM

..so, if they are manipulating the voting machines tell me again exactly why the futuristic melodrama about their ilk not voting?

The War Planner on October 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Did Moveon, get an injection of Soros money too?

Dr Evil on October 26, 2010 at 9:23 PM

..yeah, expect a huge swarm of mindless trolls any day now. They’ll be partying like it was 2008.

The War Planner on October 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I’d bet there are jobs with Repulicorp…..

/just sayin’

roy_batty on October 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM

bofh on October 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

No, the ones who swallowed the whole pantload can no longer function around normal people. They are only suitable to work with their own kind, which leads to oscillation, overload, and finally, self-destruction -

Tacoma Narrows Bridge

roy_batty on October 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

What the heck does MoveOn even do other than hate conservatives and spend Soros’ money on crap?

Greek Fire on October 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

13 from House does not look a day older, this one’s not worth the youtube

mathewsjw on October 26, 2010 at 10:42 PM

This proves the point once more that it is the LEFTIES who are the professional fear mongers. It makes even more humorous the post of a troll here a few days ago accusing us at Hot Air of fear mongering when expressing outrage at Rachel Maddow.

“When you have no basis for argument, abuse the plaintiff.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero

Or, to put it in simpler terms: the lefties ain’t got no game.

OneVision on October 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM

What kind of cushy, make belief, fantasy world to these looney tunes live in?

It must be an imaginary world, a world which has nothing to do with facts or the truth.

The woman in the video claims that the Republicans merged with Big Corporations, when it is actually the leftists-Democrats-Obama who have been merging government with corporations. It is also the Democrats who have receieved the most money in campaign contributions and support from Wall Street, Corporations, Unions, and Hollywood. So, MoveOn.org laid a big stinker of a fabrication in that little section of the video.

The woman claimed that it was difficult to beat the Republicans with all . that . money, but, as stated above, the Democrats are getting more money than Republicans, and from the same old supporters.

The environment? Conservatives do more to preseve the environment than Liberals do. Liberals have done so much damage to the environment, and show such little regard, that it has become a joke that they even pretend to care.

Example: Notice how the million or so attendees at Obama’s inauguration ceremony trashed Washington, D.C.

Notice how the left’s rally following Glenn Beck’s August 28th rally trashed the place?

Notice that all the tea party gatherings, the 9/12 project gatherings, the hundreds of thousands of Tea Party congregants, and even the more than one million who gathered in Washington, D.C., left the entire Washington Mall absolutely spotless?

Notice that Consevatives take care to dispose of their trash, maintain nature for the beach, camping, hunting, and so forth, while the often less educated left-libera-Democrats, many of whom have virtually no social skills and who also have very bad personal hygien, and a high disregard for caring as stewards for the Earth, the Environment, etc., always leave a mess.

There are other absurdities included in that obnoxious video clip, but one point was particularly offensive, and telling.

Do you remember the guy who joined the announcer? Do you remember him threating with a loud voice, while shouting, that if we did not cooperate with him, that he will hunt us down and kick our butt?

Isn’t that nice?

So, the left-Liberal-Democrats-Fifth Columnists, such as the geniuses (not really) at MoveOn.org once again restort to gutter tactics, threats, violence, etc.

He is assuming quite a lot if he really thinks he will kick our ass.

Just another blow hard left wing liberal, violent thug, threatening, spreading the message of fear, except no one is afraid of him because he is a sissy.

William2006 on October 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Ooooga Boooooga! Got cha, silly stupid libs.

Yellowdog12 on October 26, 2010 at 11:12 PM

This was played for laughs? Did it get funny after 2:40?

SukieTawdry on October 26, 2010 at 11:14 PM

BTW,who is Olivia Wilde?

Just another Hollywood assclown who wouldn’t know the real world if it crawled up out of her bidet and bit her in the ass.

Metro on October 26, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Since President Palin declared Super War on Norway after declaring war on China, I can only presume we kicked the Chi Com’s a$$es. Sarah probably grabbed an assault rifle and personally led the troops.

bw222 on October 27, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Argh… My far, far, lefty brother just posted this on FB. He rates it “very cool”. (I so wish I could comment but my FB policy is to keep it neutral because I have too many friends and family on the dark side.)

inmypajamas on October 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Uh-huh.
BTW,who is Olivia Wilde?She’s cute.

DDT on October 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Played Remy “Thirteen” Hadley on Fox’s medical drama House. She was apparently written off at the end of last season and had a guest appearance on thus season’s premier.

In my opinion she is actually an attractive talented actress, but she is liberal. So I like her acting (not in this piece mind you) but her politics-meh not so much.

SgtSVJones on October 27, 2010 at 12:25 AM

SgtSVJones on October 27, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I liked her a whole lot better as a hot, bisexual doctor.

Apparently she’s just another Megan Fox – a not-too-bright leftist with a pretty face.

UltimateBob on October 27, 2010 at 1:49 AM

A Sarah Palin Cameo would have been better…..
President Sarah Palin…..saving the US from the commies!!

dec5 on October 27, 2010 at 7:26 AM

And here I thought moveon just got back to their core message. Their very reason for being.

2020…

For God’s sake people, Bill Clinton can’t even get it up anymore. He’s 80. There’s no reason you unwashed rubes need to get yourselves worked up about him doing his best Bret Favre imitations. Our greatest President whipping his package out in front of strangers is really old news. Moveon!

MNHawk on October 27, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Made it to the 1:40 mark.

Good grief.

These people are pathetic.

Bruno Strozek

You beat me. I only made it to 1:27 and that was a stretch. Pathetic only scratches the surface. Guess we can add Olivia Wilde to the list of Hollywood halfwits.

Benaiah on October 27, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Well, I have to admit. That was pretty funny. It’s full of truly off the wall predictions (let me see, which president got us into Vietnam…hmmm…not John Kennedy, no, no). I don’t think party affiliation has anything to do with propensity to declare war. Even Cindy Sheehan has figured that out. And who was it that worked for Enron again? A bunch of Republicans was it? Wait, there were Democrats!? They could make one with Dennis Kucinich as the two most feared words and (more) aliens from outside space taking over (think “V”). But, this actually was funny.

BillyWilly on October 27, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I sat through the entire thing to see what Mor-on.org could do and was amazed at the endless libtard talking points. It’s like a new donkey language. Someone should do a sketch at PJTV or Right Network mocking it.

Renwaa on October 27, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Olivia is a political idiot of course, Shes an actor, and not qualified to comment on politics. I’m glad shes not on HOUSE anymore.

tx2654 on October 27, 2010 at 9:59 AM

What a hoot. The mock “Daily Boehner” ad has him saying “You can afford your prescriptions if you put your mind to it!”

A friend of mine just got his letter from Humana that he’s losing his Medicare Advantage due to the “Reforms”. His drugs to control his Multiple Sclerosis will no longer be covered, and he won’t be able to afford them. Brought to you by Obama and Company.

quikstrike98 on October 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Oh yeah–you may recall that when Humana sent out letters last year warning that Medicare Advantage would go away, the criminals in the White House told them to stop sending out “scaremongering” letters? And blackmailed them with threats of not having access to the “exchanges”? He remembers.

quikstrike98 on October 27, 2010 at 10:24 AM

AP, if you prefer the buxom Hendricks to toothpick-Wilde, perhaps there’s hope for you, and you’re not a beta male after all!

Meantime, I really can’t watch. I know too many Lefties who believe this sort of stuff, heart and soul, and I’ll be depressed if I watch. Furthermore, I might soon be moving to that Mecca of leftism, San Fran, so I need to stock up on sanity.

This is going to be the slowest week EVER.

Animator Girl on October 27, 2010 at 11:13 AM

MoveOn apparently didn’t learn from Focus on the Family, when they tried a very similar stunt not that long ago with a ‘letter from the future’. Their attempt at scaremongering garnered nothing but laughter and dismissal even from their supporters.

Sauce for the gander and all that, MoveOn…

Dark-Star on October 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I just went from Olivia Wilde fanboy to Olivia Wilde denier. I no longer recognize her as anything but a half witted liberal zombie who thinks she is much smarter than she actually is….that couldnt be any more unattractive in a person.

Here’s to wishing she was 1/1000th as smart as she is hot.

alecj on October 27, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Ummm. So I made the comment on I09 that I was waiting for “Captain Power to appear”, someone responded with this…wow, didn’t know I was that dead on!

spacekicker on October 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Olivia Wilde is actually a Cockburn. The stupid is strong with that family.

DrSteve on October 27, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I actually enjoyed that. Just think of the Soros bucks that got flushed making that. It’s a time capsule (NPI) of how the hard left really sees the future, or at least pretends to. No matter how much “progress” they make, even if they should drag us to the logical Kim Jong Obama inevitability, they will still be peddling this hypertensive agitprop self-satire. Bless their earnest souls.

Western_Civ on October 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Made it to the 1:40 mark.

Bruno Strozek on October 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I skipped forward a bit to see if it got more interesting and still didn’t clear the 2 minute mark.

Congratulations. You got a hot actress from a show I like (House) in a tank top and I still tuned you out and stopped the video before 2 minutes had gone by.

That is some high-quality grade-A certified boring nonsense you have there… I think it could be weaponized, so be careful how you dispose of it.

gekkobear on October 27, 2010 at 1:29 PM

hard to believe they wasted money making this turd.

NRA Lifer on October 27, 2010 at 1:39 PM

This is all part of a scripted astroturf campaign by moveon.org.

jdawg on October 27, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I love the smell of desperation in the afternoon. In this video, you can smell it right through the monitor.

Squiggy on October 27, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Sigh. Another actor/actress-I-used-to-like for the list.

Cylor on October 27, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Funny, with the Right in power – shouldn’t the people be maintaining the right to bear arms, such that they wouldn’t need the home made weapons.

It is the people the ad wants them to vote for that will take all the weapons away.

krome on October 27, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Lame Weak Stupid Embarrassing.

Just what you’d expect. Sometimes desperation is the mother of a mutated creature that defies description.

gajaw999 on October 27, 2010 at 3:15 PM

BTW, wonder what a transmission from the future would look like if the libs continue their control? Easy to answer as there would only be one media network in 50 years. No transmission would be sent because NPR wouldn’t have the technical know-how to get it done.

gajaw999 on October 27, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I am STILL WAITING for that loud mouthed, pompous, thuggish A-hole who threatened to track people down and kick their butts or whatever if they do not comply with their obnoxious, fabricated, delusional fantasy land scenario.

Threats?

Fear?

Intimidation?

That is the realm of the Left, Fifth Columnists, Democrats, Liberals, although they project their hatred and rabid, mad-dog attack behavior onto others.

So,

Mister tough guy, where are you?

I am still waiting for you to come kick my butt.

Remember, thug, there are many of us out here who you just can’t handle, no matter how big a mouth you have, how macho you try to sound, how much smoke, fire, and fury you pretend to blow around, or how “gangsta’” you pretend to be.

You look, sound, speak, and act like a sissy, and you wouldn’t last too long, punk!

you left wing bullies, fantasy land dwellers should get some meds. You are delusional.

William2006 on October 27, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Ok, at around 1:56 she starts talking about the horror of “President Palin”…

Can we vote out Obama in this election? How in the HELL did I miss the chance to vote out Obama? I didn’t even see Palin on the ballot… or a vote for President.

Was there something I was supposed to write-in on that or… how is a Dem not voting in this election leading to President Palin?

Ok, so a Democrat is trying to fearmonger a vote for Dems, without any focus on the Dems at all; and is panicking about the Presidential election that isn’t happening this year.

Any chance they could end up further from reality? This is a new level of delusional; even for Hollywood.

gekkobear on October 27, 2010 at 5:33 PM

There is no “They” that was just outstandingly
funny, you pathetic Maroons.

Observation on October 27, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Isn’t Olivia that chick from House? She’s hot. She’s an idiot, but she’s hot.

pugwriter on October 27, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Unintended self-parody, that video was.

pugwriter on October 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Ok in one part she says she doesn’t know what something means because thye have eliminated education funding. Then at the in The are taling about theories of time and time lines. So you don’t know something that is basically high scholl level but your discussing theory that is masters level stuff. Which is it?

RossMcG on October 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Saw enough of this on Red Eye last night to know this was yet another ripoff of ‘Idiocracy’ without the nuance. Wilde comes from a family full lefty nuts, as well. Too bad. Sorry, ‘Tron Legacy,’ you’ll really have to work harder to give me a reason to see you. At least Tron still has some geek cred.

Dave in San Diego on October 27, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Speaking of the Captain Power commercial, I think this could very well be the teaser trailer for a live-action Captain Planet movie!

Two months from now, there will be follow-up featuring ring-wearing kids conjuring up the superhero with the power of earth, wind, water, fire, and groupthink.

I mean “heart”!

StubbleSpark on October 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Its just the standard Democratic memes:
1. Projection -they’re already doing what they accuse the Republicans of doing.
2. Threats – Vote or the black guy will kick your a**.
3. Stupidity – the whole ad.

And of course it looks like the Republicans won because their “bunker” is collapsing around them due to the onslaught of victorious RepubliCorp forces. Sorta reminds me of Quake 4, only worse.

gordo on October 27, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Holy Blade Runner Batman!!

schmuck281 on October 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM

They die at the end, so there’s a moment of redemption.

TexasDan on October 28, 2010 at 11:54 AM

It’s funny!

SurferDoc on October 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Wonder no more who’s next to face the wrath of RedLetterMedia.

/What’s Wrong With Your Face?!

Christien on November 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Argh…posted in the old thread. Ooops! PIMF.

Christien on November 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM