Palin goes nuclear on Murkowski: How dare you question Joe Miller’s honor?

posted at 4:29 pm on October 25, 2010 by Allahpundit

Oh, it’s on. Finally.

I have never seen a candidate stoop as low as was seen last night in Alaska’s senatorial debate…

The sitting Senator also came out against Arizona’s right to protect its borders. She calls for us to “enforce the laws that are currently on the books,” but doesn’t seem to understand that that is precisely what Arizona is trying to do to protect itself because the federal government refuses to enforce our laws. Perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised by her lackadaisical attitude to border security when we consider that she has repeatedly voted against funding a border fence and voted in favor of amnesty.

But perhaps the most shocking part of all in this debate was when the incumbent Senator used Joe Miller’s distinguished military service as a means to attack him. Joe Miller graduated from West Point, fought in Desert Storm, and was awarded the Bronze Star for his service to our country. I find it astonishing that a sitting U.S. Senator from Alaska would challenge the honor of a decorated combat veteran. Is it any wonder the audience later booed her when she again challenged Joe Miller’s honor?

Click the image below and watch to the end of the clip to hear Murkowski claim that Bronze Star winner Joe Miller isn’t “fit to lead,” to the obvious displeasure of the audience. Palin’s smart to call attention to it to try to shift the momentum back towards him. Murky’s been chipping away at his lead for weeks; maybe a little righteous public outrage on behalf of vets will steal some of those points back. What really intrigues me about this, though, is whether it portends a greater role for Palin in this last week of the race, whether in the form of campaigning aggressively for Miller or being attacked aggressively by Murkowski. My assumption all along has been that both Miller and Murky are nervous about injecting her into the race because the effect is too unpredictable; that’s why, I take it, he tends to sidestep the inevitable questions asked about her in interviews by saying he’s focused on the senate race. But now that his lead over Murkowski has disappeared, maybe he figures that there’s nothing to lose in coordinating with Palin to give her a bigger role in the race near the finish line. (I assume she checked with his camp before publishing today’s Murkowski attack.) If she’s still as popular back home as her supporters say, it can only help, no? Presumably Murky thinks so, as there haven’t been any anti-Miller ads mentioning Sarahcuda thus far.

Exit question via Ace: The supposedly scandalous incident for which Miller was disciplined at a prior job was … taking an online poll at work?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I wonder if Miller thinks she’d make a great President now?

Done That on October 25, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I wouldn’t ask. he may have the guy who owns the Drop Zone “arrest” you.

That guy is also 75% disabled and is being investigated now.

upinak on October 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM

A nightstick the size of a telephone pole and the muscle to wield it effortlessly.

turfmann on October 25, 2010 at 6:12 PM

She. Won’t. Win. Chill (Telling Alaskans to chill…whahaahaaa).

Chewy the Lab on October 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM

When mama bears collide.

Mr. Joe on October 25, 2010

No. Moookaloosky is more of an abortion loving weasel. I have this satisfied gaze just now as I ponder the mental image of a flailing weasel in the blood soaked jaws of a mama grizzly.

JonPrichard on October 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Chill (Telling Alaskans to chill…whahaahaaa).

Chewy the Lab on October 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Here have a frosty snow flake.

upinak on October 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I’ve forgotten. Who are the other Republican people allegedly in contention for the nomination in 2012? Sarah’s the only one I ever see sticking her neck out to help anyone.

I will remember that when it comes time to choose my party nominee, and I’m not the only one.

Chris of Rights on October 25, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Done That on October 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Yeah christie totally screw Meg on that one. Typical RINO that he is

unseen on October 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Here have a frosty snow flake.

upinak on October 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Or a slurpee.

John the Libertarian on October 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Well, if you go to his website, you get a splash fundraising page with “endorsed by Sarah Palin” splashed across his pic …

hrh40 on October 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM

There must have been a DNC memo that went out, Brett Baer has a laundry list of Dem. candidates challenging their republican’s claims of “public service.” It’s pathetic. “Unexpectedly,” only FOX covering this dupicity!

Chewy the Lab on October 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM

BUT… BUT…

I really think that MILLER HAS A MAJOR FLAW AS A CANDIDATE:

1) Why does he have to APOLOGIZE “BIG” for a “small cheeseburger”?

2) And why can’t he fight “nail to nail”, as if he is “afraid of a cat’?

In short, MILLER IS YOUR TYPICAL REPUBLICAN! And that’s his major flaw.

TheAlamos on October 25, 2010 at 6:47 PM

She’s shameless. Obviously. Her crushing defeat will be delightful to watch.

SouthernGent on October 25, 2010 at 6:48 PM

WTF is with Ben Stein?

victor82 on October 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM

WTF is with Ben Stein?

victor82 on October 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Accept it. Ben Stein is in the middle of Karl Rove and David Brooks when it comes to political leaning.

The only good thing is this: Unlike Brooks and Frum, Stein is not a liar. He is a self-proclaimed “moderate”.

TheAlamos on October 25, 2010 at 7:21 PM

So does this mean that if people in Alaska write in “THE B*TCH” on the ballot, it counts as a vote for Murkowski?

pilamaye on October 25, 2010 at 7:26 PM

TheAlamos on October 25, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Thanks for not yelling..:)

Dire Straits on October 25, 2010 at 7:29 PM

TheAlamos on October 25, 2010 at 7:21 PM

LOL. Hey now, don’t rub it into their faces too much. They were ALL a rave about the Ben Stein movie when it came out.

And you are correct on Joe. I wonder when everyone else will take notice, or will it be when he votes Yea on a bill that should have been a Nay!

upinak on October 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Moaning Lisa needs to crawl back under her rock!

capejasmine on October 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM

After watching the whole debate just now, I can honestly say I like Leeza Mookowski LESS. I don’t think is necessarily made Joe Miller look any better.

This debate was a net negative for Leasa. She looked angry, and sounded bitter. She really think this seat belongs to her.

portlandon on October 25, 2010 at 7:42 PM

taking an online poll at work

See? This is yet another reason why I’ll never run for office.

disa on October 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

portlandon on October 25, 2010 at 7:42 PM

yeah but I can’t pick someone else.

I should have just put in Lizard People, and hoped for the best.

upinak on October 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM

This needs to be made into an ad against Moocowshe, ASAP.

di butler on October 25, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I should have just put in Lizard People, and hoped for the best.

upinak on October 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Lizard People/Slurpee Drinkers ’12.

portlandon on October 25, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I could not believe this late last night when I heard it online. This Murky woman is unhinged, arrogant and UNFIT to serve in the Senate. She has had the money and the media to do the anal exam on Miller (without a glove mind you), an exam she herself could not withstand.

I donated for the fifth time (have been following the race since May) today because she is so odious and Miller while a first time candidate, is really Senate conservative material.

Buckeye Babe on October 25, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Foot…meet bullet. Bye Bye Murky.

Rocks on October 25, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I think what bothers me the most is the unfairness of Murcowski’s write in campaign. There was a primary and she lost. Miller should not still have to campaign against her. She won’t caucus with the Democrats AK is red and she has been getting help from the GOP elites in D.C. her buds. So this is totally unfair. She should not have been included in the debate last night.

Don’t the rules matter anymore? The Democrats have not been following rules i.e. the shenanigans of Obamacare and funding of ACORN. They have been cheating to steal elections and if this is continued we are going to descend into total chaos… Now Morkowsky is engaging in unfair behavior with the help of Cronyn and Co? We’re all going to have to live in the cesspool the USA is becoming thanks to these self serving and corrupt politicians who can’t let go of power.

CCRWM on October 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Done That on October 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Yeah christie totally screw Meg on that one. Typical RINO that he is

unseen on October 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Link? What happened? Must have missed it…

CCRWM on October 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Link? What happened? Must have missed it…

CCRWM on October 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM

There was a heckler in the crowd talking crap to Meg whitman. instead of allowing Med to handle it christie jumps up to “defend” her. As a person running for office and a woman the last thing you want to appear is to need “protection”

But Meg’s camapign vs Carly’s is a great study of how the Gop should run in a blue state. Meg is a RINO like Arnold. She has Mitt, chrisite, Bloomberg among others camapigining for her. she has distantance herself from Palin and the Tea party and she trails Moonbeam by almost double digits.

carly meanwhile is running as a center right candidate not a moderate. She has embraced Palin, had Both center candidates like McCain come in but also more rightish candidates. she has not gone fiull tilt Tea party but she has not bad mouthed them nor has she tried to distance herself from them. She is tied with Boxer.

If the RINOs where correct the results shoudl be reversed but they are not. It seems the RINOs are once again wrong. Sure they will blame the candidate but at the endo f the day it was her message not her that is losing the race.

unseen on October 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM

this response by Palin shows how much class she has. After Miller did what he did GOv Palin still went to bat for him. If Miller would have been more supportive of Palin from the get go he wouldn’t be in a tight race at this time.

It is not him dissing Palin but him dissing his strongest public supporter. showed a lack of courage. It wouldn’t have mattered if it was Huck or Palin or Mitt. By Miller distanceing himsefl at that time it showed a lack of character and many people left his camp at that time.

I still think Miller will win but at this stage I really don’t have a high opinion of him. lisa is worse and now AK citizens are forced once again to vote for the lesser of tw evils instead of for someone. Politicains always disappoint you sooner or later.

unseen on October 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM

A lot of these candidates need someone to speak out about the attacks from GOP members. Why not Sarah?

And she was completely right.

AnninCA on October 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Thanks unseen. I have to admit that his dissing Todd and stating, “this is what I have to deal with” left a bad taste in my mouth and I’ve not sent him anymore money since. This whole thing also demonstrates that Sarah does not put herself first, she sacrifices her feelings if she feels they need to take a back seat in what is better for this country. In this case Miller is better than Adams and Moocowski so she fights for him. She is one class act and patriotic American!

CCRWM on October 25, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I’m not sure I’d believe what was reported about Miller’s comments. They came from an unnamed inside source, who obviously did pass on the e-mails.

But the Alaksan Dispatch would not be above exaggerating the reaction, either.

AnninCA on October 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM

What an entitled (rhymes with witch). Yes, of course Stevens would endorse her (sorry to kick the dead, but she’s just like him). BARF.

churchill995 on October 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I even hear on Fox how Palin dislikes Lisa M. Sincerely, this is the first time I’ve ever heard her say a single word. I’ve heard Lisa’s remarks, but Sarah has never responded.

So I agree. About time…..as long as Sarah is going to be described as vindictive, might as well get some political action out of it. *hehe

AnninCA on October 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I’ll believe O’Donnell’s denial about being a witch before I believe Murkowski’s.

churchill995 on October 25, 2010 at 9:45 PM

She is one class act and patriotic American!

CCRWM on October 25, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I agree. Miller has no one to blame but himself for the race being tight. You notice that Palin took a backseat once miller said what he said. She allowed him to run his campaign which in all honesty he didn’t do very well but he is a newbie at it so I’ll cut hinm some slack. there is no reason why this race is even this close. My understanding is there was a push by huck and/or his supporters to sideline Gov Palin from the campaign afte rher big rise following the miller and O’Donnel campaign.

And like her response to the juan williams affair Palin shows her class once again by ignoring Miller’s remarks and trying to slavage his campaign.

It will be a couple weeks before we know if she suceeded her eis hoping she does.

unseen on October 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Miller got my vote today. Putting a little of the Republic back into Republican.

AshleyTKing on October 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

churchill995 on October 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Not a kind remark. Stevens endorsed her for the primary; he did not consent to her use of his primary endorsement for the general.

AshleyTKing on October 25, 2010 at 9:55 PM

unseen on October 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I agree. I think more people should start speaking out, too, about the obvious low blow stuff. You can’t really lose anything when you stop that press story, and you could actually do some good. If anything, it deflects.

Too many GOP candidates are relying upon the wave, in my opinion. They need to stand up for one another.

AnninCA on October 25, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Those in doubt should vote for…”Lizard people”.

belad on October 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Why was Aliesha Mulochsky invited to….

forest on October 25, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Who is this Loosa Menschkowski of which you speak?

NJ Red on October 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Looks like Lika Mikaskeevy just screwed the pooch.

44Magnum on October 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM

No. Moookaloosky is more of an…

JonPrichard on October 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I love the Lola Moocowtownski thread just for the names y’all come up with!

miConsevative on October 25, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Oh well, the senate races are just flat up in the air, I guess.

I don’t get it. Either you’ve got a wave or you don’t. I don’t see people showing up for mid-terms and then splitting the baby.

But the polls suggest otherwise.

AnninCA on October 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM

There are two things I wonder about that I see a lot in conservative blogs…Lizard people and pudding..what gives?

CCRWM on October 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Commercial ad…
My fellow AK…See how the sitting Senator behaves…All talk and no action-she so likes to talk a lot, but never really stops long enough to listen.
I couldn’t get a word in otherwise…end

What a diabolic behavior. It’s no wonder our younger generation act the way they do….NICE EXAMPLE lisa puke murCowski

hawkman on October 25, 2010 at 11:02 PM

hawkman on October 25, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Interesting point, actually. She does sort of represent the “anything goes, so long as you win” era.

AnninCA on October 25, 2010 at 11:08 PM

churchill995 on October 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM

AshleyTKing on October 25, 2010 at 9:55 PM

“Kind” has nothing to do with it. She is part of the entitlement class, the old guard of the Alaskan Republican Party. Sorry, but Ted did not always act in the best interests of the country as a whole. I could elaborate, but I suspect what I am alluding to is clear enough for most, if not all, here. Miller would be a breath of fresh air by comparison, and that’s pretty sugarcoated.

churchill995 on October 25, 2010 at 11:42 PM

She must go. I’ll even buy Miller beer for Tuesday.

Mojave Mark on October 26, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Murkowski is an absolute sourpuss.

mobydutch on October 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I would NEVER post online at work.

Yeah, right.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Who came up with the concept of “write-in” campaigns? If someone tried that in Australia their ballot would be automatically called informal and not counted.

Crux Australis on October 26, 2010 at 3:58 AM

AshleyTKing on October 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Some of my democrat friends are also thinking of the same. Somehow, they also don’t trust their own Party. In fact, they are actually libertarians.

TheAlamos on October 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Link? What happened? Must have missed it…

CCRWM on October 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM

unseen on October 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Very astute observation unseen – you are right on the money!

Done That on October 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Like all blithering idiots on the left of this issue, you try to equate Marxist-Socialist-Communist dictators IMPRISONING their own people with our own open and free society attempting to PROTECT our borders from invasion.

Try again.

peski on October 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Nicely said.
suckpedalian needs to visit a true communist country just to experience the flavor of that oppression.
Sometimes experience really is the best teacher.

Badger40 on October 26, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I can see where a committed liberal might make a calculated decision to support Murkowski, but who the hell else would vote for that broad?

Tres Angelas on October 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM

CCRWM on October 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

The pudding joke is from Ace of Spades HQ. Ace once threatened to dip his, erm, family jewels in pudding to celebrate something, and the joke grew from there. Ace used to post a flaming skull at the head of hot, breaking news posts; the flaming skull is now shown sinking into a pudding cup. He (the skull) has acquired the nickname of “Quenchy.” :-)

Not sure about “lizard people”. I can only offer a conjecture: Back when Jharles Cohnson of Gittle Freen Lootballs was sane, someone (perhaps on another blog? Wish I could remember who, or which) referred admiringly to his commenters as his “lizardoid minions” and we (yes, we — *sigh*…) enthusiastically adopted the nickname.

Anybody else know about “lizard people”?

Mary in LA on October 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Anybody else know about “lizard people”?

Mary in LA on October 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Back when the Fittle Lreen Gootballs blog was sane and a fun site to read, it had a “Lizard Lounge” for its commenters. One friend of mine who actively participated on that site, was proud to call herself a Lizard on LGF. It was a cool title at the time.

wren on October 27, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Miller or Lisa Snowblower, folks.

It’s not a tough choice and in this one, my friends, coke is NOT it.

SuperCool on October 27, 2010 at 5:48 AM

The real choice for Alaskan people is simple:

FREEP OR COKE.

In 21st Century, Freep is more addictive than coke.

So let’s FREEP!

TheAlamos on October 27, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Let me be the first to note on HA:
Joe Miller LIED!

He also held a walk-race interview with Rachel, shown last night.

chumpThreads on October 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Let me be the first to note on HA:
Joe Miller LIED!

He also held a walk-race interview with Rachel, shown last night.

chumpThreads on October 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM

GOSH! HE ADMITTED THAT HE LIED! HE CONFESSINGLY GAVE THAT INFO!

HUFFPO AND OBAMA CAMP HAVE NEVER ADMITTED SO MANY LIES AND DISTORTIONS!

HUFFPO HAS NO CREDIBILITY AT ALL!

TheAlamos on October 27, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Anybody else know about “lizard people”?

Mary in LA

Here ya go:

“A man who claims to be the voter behind the infamous Lizard People ballot in the U.S. Senate race recount has come forward.”

xblade on October 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM