Jimmy Carter: Reagan only won in 1980 because of the third-party candidate

posted at 8:02 pm on October 25, 2010 by Allahpundit

He’s making a two-step argument here, I think, part of it based on pure conjecture. Step one: If not for Teddy Kennedy’s bitter primary challenge (which of course wasn’t a third-party candidacy), the Democratic Party would have been united for the general election. Instead, untold numbers stayed home, crippling Carter. Step two: If not for John Anderson running as an independent, Carter would have cleaned up among the Anderson base and swept to victory. There’s no way to flatly disprove him on step one since we can’t know how many Teddy fans boycotted the general, but on step two, have a look-see at this recap of the 1980 election. Reagan crushed Carter in the electoral college, 489/49; even if you cede every last Anderson vote to Carter, Reagan still would have won a clear majority of the popular vote with a margin close to three million. Among the individual states, a quickie glance at the numbers reveals that, in states taken by Reagan, Anderson won enough votes to have possibly influenced the outcome in Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, and Wisconsin. That is to say, if all of Anderson’s voters in those states had broken for Carter, Carter would have won the states. (Anderson was, in fact, a liberal Republican who’d competed in the GOP primary, so no doubt plenty of his supporters would have broken for Reagan over Carter if forced to choose. But let’s keep this hypothetical.) It looks to me like all of those states combined would have given Carter another 170 or so electoral votes — meaning Reagan still would have crushed him by 100 EVs and been elected president comfortably. In which case … what is this guy talking about?

One thing he is right about, though: Why, per today’s New York magazine extravaganza on Palin’s path to the White House, would Mike Bloomberg ever consider running for president? He’d spend a billion dollars or more and would need a clear majority of 270 electoral votes to win, an utter impossibility with the left- and right-wing bases energized for Obama and Sarahcuda. If no candidate won 270 outright, the House of Representatives — which will almost certainly be controlled by the GOP, wink — would decide things, meaning Palin would win. Why on earth would a Democrat in independent’s clothing like Bloomy want to spend a 10-digit sum from his personal fortune to elect the major party candidate with whom he has the least in common politically? Does not compute. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Doesn’t anyone here feel bad making fun of the mentally ill?

Me either.

AndrewsDad on October 25, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Just look at the record. By Carter’s own standard he used against Ford, “the Misery Index” (inflation rate + unemployment) doubled on his watch. Gold went through the roof (to what remains an all-time high in terms of real dollars), investment plunged under stagnant growth and rampant regulation.

For the first time ever, the respected independent British military journal Jane’s Review rated the Soviet Union’s overall military strength as tops in the world, ahead of the USA. He failed to stand behind our staunchest ally in the Middle East, the Shah of Iran, as he died in exile. [The Shah's oppression of "democratic reformers" was actually directed at the radical islamists who followed the ayatollah Khomeini, so maybe now we get the point, but Carter didn't].

Then Carter’s preferred Iranian ruler, Khomeini, came to power and authorized the taking and holding of US diplomats as hostages. Carter blustered and fretted, but other than the botched desert raid, did nothing.

After leaving office, Carter embraced every leftist dictator and islamic extremist in the world – at least those who would meet him. He personally intervened to sabotage the Clinton/Christopher deal with North Korea, which interference allowed the Norks to proceed to get nukes and set the stage for the ongoing crisis on the Korean peninsula that persists to this day.

Failed President, failed ex-President, failed human being.

Adjoran on October 25, 2010 at 8:51 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This assklown is dumber than a sack of hammers. Who knows, maybe he’s had one too many falling 2×4′s conk him on the head whilst on Habitat For Hamas jobsites. Nothing else can explain his sour-grapes bullsh!t.

CatchAll on October 25, 2010 at 8:53 PM

John Anderson was the last gasp of the Rockefeller Republicans. They mostly went into hibernation until they killed Bush 41′s presidency. All his votes were liberal republicans. If he hadn’t of run they would have stayed home. They may have been liberal as hell but unlike the liberal republicans today they would never have voted against their party for someone like Obama no matter who was the VP pick.

Rocks on October 25, 2010 at 8:53 PM

seriously, this should make us feel worried. I think he really is starting to lose it. That sucks because he was a president.

tomas on October 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM

It’s going to be real interesting to see how the nation – and the MSM – react when this old fool finally shuffles off this mortal coil. He set the gold standard for presidential failure, and is only truly admired by that rabid 10% or so of crazy lefties who literally want America crushed. How are the networks going to handle that for four or five days of official mourning when nobody’s really mourning?

The Lone Platypus on October 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I never cease to be amazed at the human capacity for self-delusion. This lunatic has literally dreamed up his own self-aggrandizing alternate reality.

infidel4life on October 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM

This thread brought back memories of what an astute politician Reagan was.

I had family members who were HUGE George H.W. Bush fans and hated Reagan because he was too conservative and yet after Reagan made his VP pick they had no choice but to vote for the Reagan/Bush ticket.

Hmmm… Palin/Romney… lol.

Fallon on October 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM

It just consumes his every waking thought that he will go down in history as the most incredibly stupid and inconsequential president evah.

So desperate is he to polish the turd that is his legacy

History would have been much kinder on him if he’d of just built some slum shacks and STFU.

esnap on October 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Kirsten Powers = old and busted.

Alicia Menendez = fuego nuevo

SlaveDog on October 25, 2010 at 8:40 PM

hehe! that’s funny. I disagree but that’s funny

ted c on October 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM

What is wrong with this fossil and his facilitators?

This buffoon had his 15 minutes several times already and its become the same rerun at trying to re-write his story. He was a FU as prez and will remain so, for all eternity. EOL!

belad on October 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I’m pretty sure George H.W. Bush was affected by Perot much more than Carter was affected by anyone.

But, I guess Carter is sick in the head, so not much of what he says means anything.

scotash on October 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM

He’s 86 years old.

Rosalyn should take him off the stage ASAP to preserve his nearly 30 year rehab on his career.

Nancy pulled Reagan off the stage when he was diagnosed with Alzheimers. And he was only 83. And had nearly 10 more years completely invisible.

PappyD61 on October 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Horse hockey!!! I voted for the first time in 1980 for John Anderson. If he was not on the ballot I would have gone for Reagan over Carter. I may have been dumb to want to shake up the system but I was not stupid enough to Give Carter another shot.

mechkiller_k on October 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Jimmy Carter: Reagan only won in 1980 because of the third-party candidate most voters discovered that I was an imbecile

Luka on October 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

pauses for breath…

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Carter is off his meds, Reagan crushed his ass because at one end of the spectrum was the worst president ever (Peanut boy) against big Ronnies cheerful optimisim of how America could be great again!

gdonovan on October 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM

The senility has really started to set in huh?

The Expert Knows

HotAirExpert on October 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM

gdonovan on October 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Gipper. Win one for the Gipper.

Can anyone imagine Carter as a high school football coach, whose team is down by 14 at halftime? What would he say?

CARTER:

“All right guys, gather around. We’re behind…way behind. And the way we played the first half, there’s no way we’re gonna win this game. So, instead of embarrasing yourselves and me any further, I’ve conceded the game.”

REAGAN:

“Some time, Rock, when the team is up against it, when things are wrong and the breaks are beating the boys – tell them to go in there with all they’ve got and win just one for the Gipper. I don’t know where I’ll be then, Rock. But I’ll know about it, and I’ll be happy.”

BobMbx on October 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Bloomy runs in 2012? Palin can still win.

Seriously, if he splits Cali votes or the Left Coast, how would that hurt Palin? If his big draw is in the NEast then how would he pull votes from Palin?

PappyD61 on October 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I belong to I-WAIL (I Was An Idiot Liberal)

At each weekly meeting I stand at the podium and say, “Hi, I’m Rod. I voted for Carter.”

Most times the group follows with “Hi Rod.”

Except for the one and only time when I said, “Hi. I’m Rod. I voted for Carter … twice.”

Immediately, the air was sucked out of the room with a loud gasp as if I’d just admitted at an AA meeting that I used to drink five gallons of vodka a day for 20 years while driving big rigs cross county and lived to tell about it. It just wasn’t possible. Nobody could do that and survive. Or, in this case, nobody was that stupid.

But I am. Or was. And I’ve survived.

Just wanted to share that with you.

So you know.

What I used to be.

Rod on October 25, 2010 at 9:30 PM

You know, as bad as Obama is, I really don’t want to imagine what a second Carter Term would have been like.

Snake307 on October 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM

There is only one reason Carter lost in ’80. He sucked, and everyone in America knew it…

M-14 2go on October 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM

The Lone Platypus on October 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM

That experiment has already been run: see the Edward “The Swimmer” Kennedy coverage upon his promotion to room temperature.

ya2daup on October 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Jimmy Carter = Senile, Moron, Horses’ A$$.

JimP on October 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM

He and Ginni Thomas really need to get over it and move on.

Tasha on October 25, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I’m not entirely convinced that would be the outcome.

As for Carter…what is past, is past. Deal with it, or be delusional about it. We really don’t care. Just go live your life already. Sheesh

capejasmine on October 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Got to give it to him he is stubborn and willing to fight to the end
How dare Barrack Obama try and strip the title of ” WORST PRESIDENT ” from ole Jimmy
Jimmy give it up dude as unbelievable as it is he has made the country worse off than you did , settle for 2nd place

ELMO Q on October 25, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I’ll just let this little piece speak for itself as far as my direct reply to Mr.Peanut here:

pilamaye on October 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Fascinating how he zeroes in on the 1980 election when the 1992 election was a much better example of a candidate winning the presidency because of a third-party effort.

Reagan got an absolute majority of the popular vote (50.7%)in 1980. Even if all of Anderson’s votes had gone to Carter, Reagan would still have won the popular vote and the electoral college.

In 1992, Clinton got only 43% of the popular vote, Bush got 37.4%, and Perot got 18.9%. That is an election affected by a third-party spoiler. The distribution of Perot votes in key states like Ohio, New Jersey, Wisconsin, and Georgia, where the popular vote was very close, meant the difference between Bush carrying those states and Clinton getting their electors.

But Jimmy C was a president who took pride in correcting the grammar and syntax in the position papers placed on his desk. Bless his heart.

J.E. Dyer on October 25, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Hey Jimmy, you silly rabbit, stay off the medicinal marijuana.

You lost based on the following Carter policies:

20% mortgage interest rates.
10% unemployment.
Food prices through the roof.
Waiting in gas lines while oil tankers were anchored in
the SoCal harbors.
Excessive gasoline prices equal to 6 bucks a gallon
(inflation adjusted)
The national malaise of the country.
Claiming you discussed nuclear proliferation with your 8
year old daughter.
The stupid red sweater in front of the fireplace.
Iranian hostage crisis.
Your unfunding of the US military resulted in the hostage
rescue disaster in the Iranian desert with many US
military killed.
Your lack of leadership.
You claimed to be a born again Christian and never
followed or displayed Christ’s teaching.
You’re racial hatred toward Israel.
Did I say you’re a pinhead?

dthorny on October 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM

We had almost complete harmony with every nation on Earth

This is where he says he’s off into whack a doodle fantasy land. Iran, remember those guys, Jimmeh? 444 days of ‘complete harmony’ you say?

Good grief.

Wind Rider on October 25, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Ego, baby, ego. The greatest mystery-solver of all time.

rrpjr on October 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Second worst President of my lifetime.

I’m sure we can all agree on who the worst is.

Elisa on October 25, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Put a bullet in it……………..ol’ fool!

dmann on October 25, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Carter is nuts.

I remember that election like it was yesterday.

I was 19 in college and it was my first time voting for President.

I was young and still believed the media that said Reagan was a radical cowboy. I couldn’t stand Carter, so I slapped an Anderson bumper sticker on my car and got everyone I knew to vote for Anderson. lol I even got my first letter to the editor published.

Oh, how young and foolish and ignorant. lol Today I would never vote for an Anderson. Especially being anti life.

I don’t know what I was thinking.

I was happy Reagan won even before he was sworn in and he is my favorite President of all time.

Even if I am lucky enough to vote for Jindal or my girl Sarah, I think Reagan will always be the best.

May he rest in peace. We were lucky to have him.

Elisa on October 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

As far as third parties go, I still blame Perrot for Clinton’s first election. Not the second.

Elisa on October 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Perot – sorry

Elisa on October 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM

So lemme see if I understand this….

Carter only lost because of Anderson. But Slick Willy won in ’92 and ’96 (with less than 50% each time), but Ross Perot had nothing to do with it.

Got it.

angryed on October 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Just put the crack pipe down and no one will get hurt

Alden Pyle on October 25, 2010 at 10:30 PM

It’s not a straight up and down vote in the house. Each state votes as a block and gets one vote. States that have let’s say 8 Reps and 7 Dems could just as easily vote for Obama if one of the 8 flips…..and it wouln’t be that unthinkable to have some kind of House version of Susan Collins or John McCain give the finger to the GOP.

angryed on October 25, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Man, I can’t believe we elected this idiot all over again in 2008.

Caiwyn on October 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Once again demonstrating that intelligence and wisdom are not one in the same.

The only good that I can recall coming from his presidency was micro-brew beer and Ronald Reagan.

“Fair is not equal, and equal’s not fair” –7 yr old neighbor (clearly wiser than Mr. Carter)

hoakie on October 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Oh, I dunno

runner on October 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Hey RNC — Your 2012 money quote is at 1:15….Jimmy Carter saying “I think it would be better for the country if Obama is President”.

redwhiteblue on October 25, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Between Nancy on now Jimmy, they’re all full-on delusional. Passing around the weed at the Dem strategic planning session, I take it.

evergreen on October 25, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Jimmah reminds me of the old dried up actress from the silent picture era that thinks she is still beautiful and will get a break any day.

Jimmy, go home Georgia wants it’s nut back.

esnap on October 25, 2010 at 11:59 PM

In which case … what is this guy talking about?

Musta been the IKR Party

Invisible Killer Rabbit Party)

DSchoen on October 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Sorry, Jimmah,

Senility does not improve incompetence.

sclemens on October 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Reagan received 51.6% of the popular vote, Carter 41.7% and Anderson 6.7%. Reagan wins a clear majority in a three-way race and Carter doesn’t come close to 45%. Carter’s ego is slowly but surely eclipsing his intelligence, which may not be much, but he at least had the presence of mind not to show just how big his ego is.

InterestedObserver on October 26, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Allah, please don’t make us watch him. Many of us were small children who had parents that liked this poor, demented SOB.

He is still a sore loser. He is still P.O. and wantes to take it out on Americans. He really needs to just go away.

upinak on October 25, 2010 at 8:07 PM

THIS ‘small child’ had parents who thought he was a useless idiot.
Neener Neener.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 26, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Is this old coot still around?

I shudder to think what Barack Obama will be like at his age.

Although I doubt he’ll be living in America after he loses in 2012, so we have that going for us.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2010 at 3:42 AM

Jimmy is just trying to make sure he is the #2 Worst President in modern times, not #1.
He is hoping his delusional rantings will nudge him down a notch and let Obama take the crown of worst President.

albill on October 26, 2010 at 6:40 AM

2012 could be 1980 all over again……all the DOTUS is missing is a speech in front of the fireplace with a sweater on…..and a crisis with Iran.

One difference this time though…Reagan could be wearing a dress.

PappyD61 on October 26, 2010 at 7:21 AM

It doesn’t matter how you analyze the results or what the facts may be…this is Jimmy Carter… talking on Hardball… where history is wrapped up in an FDR-Truman-JFK-Tip O’Neill time stasis. Chris Matthews is the Willy Wonka of the nostalgio-Democrat Candyland.

curved space on October 26, 2010 at 7:42 AM

It’s official…Carter’s got dementia.

Carl on October 26, 2010 at 7:50 AM

In the famous quote from “On The Waterfront” where Brando does his famous quote, “I coulda been a contender” many people don’t remember the line before that. Carter should.

“I coulda had class”

barnone on October 26, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Peanut’s interviews need background music.

♫♪ Po, po, pitiful me. ♪♫

Imagine what Slick Clinton will be like at Peanut’s age should his body outlive his infinite vices ?

viking01 on October 26, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Rod on October 25, 2010 at 9:30 PM

To my everlasting shame, I too am a member of the “Voted for Jimmuh…TWICE” club.

Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa!!!

VelvetElvis on October 26, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa!!!

VelvetElvis on October 26, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Whenever troubled by past indiscretions all of us have had in one way or another… always remember the words from Amazing Grace “was blind, but now I see.”

viking01 on October 26, 2010 at 8:22 AM

albill on October 26, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Seems to me he has to dig deeper to reclaim the spot by now.

James on October 26, 2010 at 8:34 AM

He’s upset that Obama is trying to beat him out as the worst president in history so he’s decided to try and retain the “craziest president” title which Obama seems to be giving him a run for his money on as well now. Poor guy is about to lose both reasons people still mention his name.

jnelchef on October 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM

In which case … what is this guy talking about?

Has ANYONE ever been able to determine that?

oldleprechaun on October 26, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I was in college during the 80 election, and I specifically remember one somewhat crackpotted girl who said she was voting Reagan because when he was assassinated, Bush would be President. No wait — she was serious. You never hear about it these days, because the curse, so to speak, is long broken, but it used to be said that, from 1840 (WH Harrison up to 1960 (Kennedy) every President first elected in a year ending in 0 would die in office. She was sure Reagan would be killed, and was for it.

Dirty Creature on October 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Well, OK, then we owe John Anderson a statue on the Mall. Pity he couldn’t have run against McCain, too.

PersonFromPorlock on October 26, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Sad. Just sad.

Laura in Maryland on October 26, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Lefties are genetically engineered to revise history to suit their own narratives. Zinn is their guru.

onlineanalyst on October 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Carter just reinforces that liberalism is a mental disorder. The older they grow, the more delusional they become. Pelosi and Reid are perfect examples with several more joining the list on a regular basis. Their thought patterns are based on a delusional concept of reality that can only deteriorate with time.

volsense on October 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Dirty Creature on October 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I remember that. Wow.

I voted George W. Bush in the primary that year. My first Presidential primary.

Elisa on October 26, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Jimmuh, give up the ghost man, before you ruin your “legacy” further. Do you really want to add “insane” to “most incompetent,least visionary”? Just die to save what little grace(?) you have left. Or lose the vocal cords or something. Even your Habitat for Humanity homes are falling apart here in Florida. Let’s face it Jimmuh. You can’t even drive a nail right…..loser.

adamsmith on October 26, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I’ll bet a senile Clinton interview will be something to watch.

“Well, ya see, I was walking out of this brothel with Ted Kennedy in Georgetown and I say to him, ya know, I’d better give Hillary a call at that courthouse to make sure she says she can’t recall anything under oath. Then Teddy hiccups and says there’s a cell phone in his car… and I say, Uh, no thanks Ted there’s a pay phone on the corner.”

viking01 on October 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I did the analysis: If every vote for Anderson was given to Jimmy Carter, he’d have still lost in the electoral college by a 331-207 margin. His argument is specious. Jimmy – please shut up.

halfastro on October 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM

One difference this time though…Reagan could be wearing a dress.

PappyD61 on October 26, 2010 at 7:21 AM

I don’t think we should get ahead of ourselves here.

Anything can happen.

Obama might be resusitated by the media and liberals banning together because they hate Palin.

Also, Hillary could start up right after this election and take the nomination away from Obama.

We might have 2 in dresses in 2012.

And the media might keep up the brainwashing that Sarah is unfit and we could get Hillary.

Obama or Hillary. The choice sends chills up my spine.

I’d love Sarah. She would (like Reagan) show the country that the media lied about her and people would love her in office.

Jindal is my favorite, but I don’t know if 2012 is his year. He may not run. Might have to wait for him.

Elisa on October 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Dadgum. Not only was he a lousy Presaident, but he’s a lousy former President.

kingsjester on October 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Elisa on October 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Correction – While it was my first Presidential election, I wasn’t 19. I was 20 that summer and 21 by election day.

Must be old age on my part. lol

Elisa on October 26, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Just shows again that he can’t count…

tigerinexile on October 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Look at it this way, it is interesting for a senile old man to share his delusions with us. Pelosi does it and it isn’t so interesting to know the Speaker of the House is just as delusional.

volsense on October 26, 2010 at 9:18 AM

tomas on October 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Reagan was losing it at the end, too. But his handlers were smart enough (and protective enough of his image) to keep him out of the spotlight.

If Carter has handlers, then some heads need to roll. And if he doesn’t – then he really needs to get some.

Timothy S. Carlson on October 26, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Elisa on October 26, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I’m going to stop posting because I’m losing it.

Obviously I voted for George H. W. Bush in the primary. The father.

lol

Elisa on October 26, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Crazy Uncle Jimmuh is just creepy lookin at this point. Go away.

james23 on October 26, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Oh that crazy Uncle Jimmy, dementia has taken firm hold.

TQM38a on October 26, 2010 at 9:31 AM

He sure is looking like Miss Lillian now. That’s the nicest thing I can say . . .

Greyledge Gal on October 26, 2010 at 9:44 AM

We didn’t vote for Jimmy because of double digit home interest rates, gas rationing and the fiasco with Iran. Dude, go home and get back on the porch. Roslyn fix your husband some sweet tea.

Kissmygrits on October 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Senile old fool.

abcurtis on October 26, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa!!!

VelvetElvis on October 26, 2010 at 8:13 AM

viking01 on October 26, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Ain’t it the truth. My eyes were opened when I started my first business in ’83. By ’84 I’d changed parties when it became obvious that the Democrats were doing everything they could to make my life, as a business owner, miserable.

I came to realize that everything they stood for, everything I believed, that I mindlessly accepted as fact, were lies.

Rod on October 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

MSNBC:
Macabre version of Comedy Central.

Rea1ityCheck on October 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM

A friend just sent me this cartoon from 1948
(that’s soo last century), but it is still the same old same old. If you got around 9-10 minutes to spare, watch to the end. Then show it to your kids and grandkids, oh, heck the whole neighborhood.
Sorry if this has been posted before yet it’s worth it.

OkieDoc on October 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM

You can see exactly the same kind of denial in Obama, even now.

ProfessorMiao on October 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Heh! I thought Carter was dead already.

44Magnum on October 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Oh, wait, that was Reid. n’er mind.

44Magnum on October 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Carter: Bwahahahahaaaaa! Mean old John Anderson stole my votes! Math is soooooo hard!

Let’s do some 1980 math:

20% interest on mortgages = no one could afford a house.
13% inflation = nobody saved for retirement or invested in the stock market, businesses couldn’t hire workers.
52 American diplomats hostages for 444 days, but that evil Shah of our former ally Iran violated human rights.
6 kisses on Brezhnev’s cheeks = America bullied by the USSR.
2 hours in a gas line every odd day of the month = 360 hours lost productivity per year.

Add all that up, and Carter votes + Anderson votes < Reagan votes.

But go ahead, Jimmuh, remind everyone of what a horrible mess you made 30 years ago. We who remember the late 1970's will tell our voting-age children what they need to avoid.

Steve Z on October 26, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I avoided reading this post on “Peanut Boy” because I utterly despise Jimmy Carter. He has spent the last 30 years trying to convince Americans that he actually was the best President evah.

ANYHOO, as an anti-Jimmer Carter vote, I voted for Ted “drunken killer” Kenndedy in the primary. Of course, I voted for Ronald Reagan in the general election.

Shows you how foolish I was then. I was a lowly dumb college student at the time.

LurP on October 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Joo-Hatin’ Jimmah wandered off from the Home again….

SurferDoc on October 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Elisa on October 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Mine too.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 26, 2010 at 11:36 AM

It’s a simple, two-part explanation.

Carter’s a liberal, liberals lie about everything.

Not complicated.

Merovign on October 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM

What a douche

roflmao

donabernathy on October 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Need any more proof the man is senile?

sadatoni on October 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Carter and Obama must have had the same math tutor.

Democrats can’t count.

And they depend on fraud to win.

Boulder City, NEVADA computer ballots were cast for Reid before voters filled in the blanks.

“Something’s not right,” Mrs. Ferrara said. “One person that’s a fluke. Two, that’s strange. But several within a five minute period of time — that’s wrong.”Clark County Registrar of Voters Larry Lomax said there is no voter fraud, although the issues do come up because the touch-screens are sensitive. For that reason, a person may not want to have their fingers linger too long on the screen after they make a selection at any time.”Especially in a community with elderly citizens (they have) difficulty in (casting their) ballot,” Lomax said. “Team leaders said there were complaints (and the) race filled in.”At any time, voters can go back on the screen and review their selections. They are also allowed to make changes and encouraged to double-check their ballot on screen and on paper before it is cast.Lomax said voters need to have faith in the system.

maverick muse on October 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Seriously, is it any wonder that a man so lacking in electoral savvy turned out to be such a failure in office?

The wonder to me is how he ever managed to ascend as high as governor, much less president.

Edouard on October 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM