Quotes of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on October 23, 2010 by Allahpundit

“With power comes accountability. Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) — the man who would most likely be speaker in a Republican House of Representatives — seems to understand that Republicans need to avoid repeating the mistakes they made in 1994 when they lost a standoff with President Clinton over the government shutdown.

***
“While Mr. Obama tirelessly campaigns for Democrats, he said in a recent interview that he sees the prospect of more cooperation from Republicans after the election.

“‘It may be that regardless of what happens, after the election they feel more responsible,’ he said, ‘either because they didn’t do as well as they anticipated, and so the strategy of just saying no to everything and sitting on the sidelines and throwing bombs didn’t work for them, or they did reasonably well, in which case the American people are going to be looking to them to offer serious proposals and work with me in a serious way.’”

***
“Voters see Republicans as unlikely to compromise with the Obama administration if they reclaim either the U.S. House or Senate, a Zogby Poll indicated…

“Pollster John Zogby said the data represented a ‘very troubled outlook for successful governance after the election’ because of polarization.

“‘Half of the voters see gridlock as preferable to allowing Obama and the Democrats more time to see their policies carried through,’ Zogby said. ‘Given the strong opinions of independents on these questions, there appears to be very little middle ground for any politicians who might seek it.’”

***
“‘Look, the time to go along and get along is over,’ said Rep. Mike Pence (Ind.), the chairman of the House Republican Conference. ‘House Republicans know that. We’ve taken firm and principled stands against their big government plans throughout this Congress, and we’ve got, if the American people will send them, we’ve got a cavalry of men and women headed to Washington, D.C. that are going to stand with us.’…

“‘Look, there will be no compromise on stopping runaway spending, deficits and debt. There will be no compromise on repealing Obamacare. There will be no compromise on stopping Democrats from growing government and raising taxes,’ Pence told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt Thursday evening. ‘And if I haven’t been clear enough yet, let me say again: No compromise.’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I’m just as happy to eliminate a RINO as I am to eliminate a jackass. I’m ready to jump onto the third party bandwagon. I used to be against the idea of a third party, but more and more, it’s becoming evident that it will be necessary if we are to save the country.

ErinF on October 23, 2010 at 9:34 PM

and work with me in a serious way.’”

All Obama wants. Show the Impertinent in Chief, and his imperious court, a big you know what.

P.J. O’Rourke has it right – this election is meant to stop the leftie bullet train.

Don’t muzzle them, just stop them.

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Never compromise! Stand your ground and kick a$$.

Enough is Enough!

milwife88 on October 23, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Rush and Pence have the coorect attitude and understanding of the people. Well, at least this one anyway!

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Yea good point about that gover- wait, what?

Ted Torgerson on October 23, 2010 at 9:36 PM

2012 will be more fun than 2010. One can see it in the distance already.

There are fools on both sides, and arrogant long-timers who just don’t get it.

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2010 at 9:36 PM

If I thought Boehner meant for Republicans to “cooperate” the same way Osama Obama and his Democrat thugs did, I wouldn’t mind this.

As it is, if he shows any signs of playing nice with his corrupt buddies in Congress, he has to be on the must-go list for the next election.

The national nightmare won’t end until we’ve rooted out the last of the self-proclaimed “royalty” in D.C. An “R” behind the name won’t protect the scum who stick to the failed ways of the Mohammedan Mouthpiece’s regime.

MrScribbler on October 23, 2010 at 9:37 PM

ErinF on October 23, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Sarah said it the right way the other night, “if they don`t do what we send them there to do, then why not a look at ta third party.” Something like that anyway and she is correct, they will not get another chance to do the right things, not from me and not from many out there!

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Never compromise! Stand your ground and kick a$$.

Enough is Enough!

milwife88 on October 23, 2010 at 9:36 PM

amen sister!

cmsinaz on October 23, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Real Clear Politics now has the House at 220-178-37 with a pick-up range of GOP +41 to +78 and an average of GOP +59.5.

WoosterOh on October 23, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Remember when the GOP compromised when it was 50-50 in the Senate? Dumb move because no way the Donks do it for the GOP.

WoosterOh on October 23, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Massive disconnect!!!! Compromise to get problems solved???
The problem is a government that insists on solving problems in spite of every experience we’ve had with massive fraud and inefficiency and unintended consequences. Can these dim-bulbs be that delusional?
To quote Ronaldus Magnus; “Government is not the solution, government is the problem!”

Lew on October 23, 2010 at 9:41 PM

If they f*** up a win this epic, then they really are beyond redemption. It’s written in the damn manifesto that armed conflict is only their last step in much larger war of attrition. If we live for the battles, we’ll never win win the war.

abobo on October 23, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Limbaugh: “It’s Obama and the Democrats stopped in toto. It’s not more complicated than that.”

Clear, concise and correct.

SlaveDog on October 23, 2010 at 9:46 PM

The GOP will betray you.

True_King on October 23, 2010 at 9:50 PM

America is not giving the GOP one more chance so they can compromise.
They are being sent back to stop Democrats cold.

NeoKong on October 23, 2010 at 9:52 PM

The GOP will betray you.

True_King on October 23, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Carthago delenda est!

Is that you Cato?

Probably true though.

sharrukin on October 23, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Someone point out the compromise that Boehner gave in that quote?..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Zogby is right, and with the combination of the tea party’s momentum and with all the new media outlets available now, including HotAir, I think that a government shutdown could be among the last nail in the far lefts coffin.

FloatingRock on October 23, 2010 at 9:56 PM

sharrukin on October 23, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I don’t advocate the destruction of anything. I’m simply stating what has occurred in the past, and based on that pattern, what is likely to occur in the near future. I pray that I am wrong and that GOP apologists like Limbaugh/Levin/Hannity are correct.

But the data and history are on my side.

True_King on October 23, 2010 at 9:56 PM

This has to be the most wickedly self-serving and grotesquely, densely mendacious statement I’ve ever heard by a president or even a politician. This statement is a window into a sociopath, a monster.

rrpjr on October 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM

WoosterOh on October 23, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Good Point..We need to worry as Republicans about our Senate Leadership..Not John Boehner and the House..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Who was that guy on The Wizard of Oz?

Oh yeah, he was the Scarecrow Strawman; seems like he’s making a comeback.

It was Pelosi, Reid, and their enablers in Congress who shut the Republicans out of most all negotiations, jammed legislation through with deceit and arrogance, and acted as though they were reigning by divine right.

What a truly despicable lying turd we have in the Oval Orifice.

hillbillyjim on October 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Thanks Allah for putting this on the main page..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM

God bless ya Rush.

Hog Wild on October 23, 2010 at 10:01 PM

The Great Taming of the Democratic Party.

It will happen.

Key West Reader on October 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM

One of the three greatest lies of all time is “I’m from the government, I’m here to help.”

Fighton03 on October 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM

rrpjr on October 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I agree 100%. Just reading it made me curse out loud.

hillbillyjim on October 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Compromise is a loser attitude!!! Take NO prisoners and this includes cino/rinos. Maybe just maybe a third party is the answer.

grapeknutz on October 23, 2010 at 10:05 PM

The Great Taming of the Democratic Party.

It will happen.

Key West Reader on October 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Quite symbolic for 11/2/10.
/Chattering Class

Key West Reader on October 23, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Compromise has nothing to do with it. There are hard choices that have to be made and we need to cowboy up and pay the bills. Where is the compromise?

ronsfi on October 23, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Can I be the first to say it?

Boehner MUST GO!!! Get rid of the entire GOP leadership team in Congress they are Get-along Georgetown Cocktail party Republicans!!!!!

PappyD61 on October 23, 2010 at 10:06 PM

OT: I thought this would bring a laugh to everyone..Don’t mess with Joe Biden..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Let’s say the Democrats refuse to de-fund public broadcasting so we play hardball with the budget resulting in another government shutdown: the American people will know what’s going on this time because of FNC and HotAir, (among the many choices). The left doesn’t have a stranglehold on public perception that they did back then. I think most people will support de-funding NPR, as one example, so any D resistance will result in a backlash against them.

The same holds true for other issues popular with the American people who’s chief concern right now is getting the economy back on track.

Boehner is out of date.

FloatingRock on October 23, 2010 at 10:08 PM

This statement is a window into a sociopath, a monster.

rrpjr on October 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I truly think he is insane.

scalleywag on October 23, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Ill see it when I believe it.

Lanceman on October 23, 2010 at 10:09 PM

NPR re-aired Boehner’s remaks Friday

Boehner made the remaks to host Steve Inskeep about six months ago.

Just another dirty Democrat trick in the wake of their famous firing. Trying to suppress conservative enthusiasm for the upcoming pudding dip.

DEFUND THEM.

The Mega Independent on October 23, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Thedre is no common ground between the American people and Marxists who prefer that which our forefathers fled.

Connie on October 23, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Gridlock will do. The nation needs no more intrusive, abusive, bankrupting legislation.

A Republican majority should push every defunding bill that it is able to do. If ObaMao vetoes legislation that reflects the will of the people that he is to serve, then he can be painted with the obstructive label.

Save the compromise and bipartisanship for the naming of post offices. Otherwise, no dice.

onlineanalyst on October 23, 2010 at 10:10 PM

This time we have the internet to counter the mainstream media narrative that the Republicans were the ones who shut the government down. Start with only GOP approved spending in the House and send the bills to the Senate. If the Senate doesn’t pass them then it is the Senate Democrats that are shutting the government down. If Republicans take the Senate then it is the Obama veto shutting the government down.

scrubjay on October 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM

But the data and history are on my side.

True_King on October 23, 2010 at 9:56 PM

If the GOP plays pattycake with Obama we will see the destruction of the party. If they stand for nothing but their own turn at the pig trough then a lot of people will walk. Even Limbaugh has hinted at this.

sharrukin on October 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM

rrpjr on October 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM
I agree 100%. Just reading it made me curse out loud.

hillbillyjim on October 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I must admit. I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime. Neither have my parents. They did WWII Ike, Nixon Vietnam and Carter puss. They’ve never seen anything like this either.

I’m not afraid though. I’m an American. We don’t “get afraid”.

Key West Reader on October 23, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Actually, Mr. President, we will expect you to work with the Republicans in a meaningful way. After all, they won!

unclesmrgol on October 23, 2010 at 10:15 PM

‘This is not an election.
It’s a restraining order’ JP O’Rourke

Don’t hear no stinkin’ compromise in that !

pambi on October 23, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Let me try to get this straight: If the Republicans don’t do well in the elections, it is because they didn’t work with the Democrats to enact Obama’s socialist agenda, and they are being punished for it.

If they do strongly in the elections, even taking back the House and Senate, it is because the American people want them to enact Obama’s socialist agenda, and the American people are giving them a chance to enact this agenda.

And Republicans really think they can “compromise” with someone like this?

Gabe on October 23, 2010 at 10:16 PM

I said this in the headlines as well, it is really hard to trust any GOP member who is in a position of leadership now. I don`t trust either Boehner or McConnell and for that matter Cantor either. I don`t thin they have it in them to do what it takes to say no, NO COMPROMISE!

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 10:21 PM

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP WORKING TOGETHER!!!!!

Cicero43 on October 23, 2010 at 10:22 PM

The American people want the Republicans to work against you and your socialist agenda.

Basilsbest on October 23, 2010 at 10:22 PM

While I hate the snarky way he said it, Snarkbama is probably right. It will have to mean more co-operation–on both sides. Folks will be watching Obama just as closely, maybe more so. He’s going to have to get past frat boy , hurt feelings,they don’t understand me remarks he’s been specializing in lately. That might be an adult place to start? Boehner sounds like the more mature of the two if you ask me. What minimal respect I had for Obama has evaporated in the last year. He’s degenerated into a middle aged spoiled brat.

jeanie on October 23, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Hey, guys? I’m going way out on a limb here credibility wise. I took the text of the obama statement above and parsed it. Into sentences. …. OK, here it is:
………………………………………….

“‘It may be that regardless of what happens,

after the election they feel more responsible,’

‘either because they didn’t do as well as they anticipated,

and so the strategy of just saying no to everything

and sitting on the sidelines and throwing bombs

didn’t work for them,

or they did reasonably well,

in which case the American people

are going to be looking to them

to offer serious proposals

and work with me in a serious way.’”

Key West Reader on October 23, 2010 at 10:23 PM

This malicious oaf believes the voters to be imbeciles, all of them. Hasn’t he blamed all on Bush and not taken a smidgeon of responsibility?

Then, on Nov. 03, the wants the righties to all of a sudden be responsible for all the ills. Watch him blame them for the unemployment and deficits of the last two year. Pig.

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Again I ask where did Boehner say he was compromising?..Boehner has done an excellent job holding the House Republicans together this session..IMHO..:)

PS..McConnell is way more shaky than Boehner..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:26 PM

God bless Rush for jumping on Issa.

Some things have to be said on no uncertain terms.

Boehner better get his shit together, too. There’s no compromising with leftists. Never. If the Republicans want to quizzle and watch out for their careers, they’re no better than Pelosi and Reid.

It’s time to take a stand and make these civil servants understand that that’s exactly what they are – civil servants employed by the people who hired them by their votes.

They are nothing more than that. They aren’t rock stars. They aren’t celebrities. We hired them, and we are their managers. Full. Stop.

The only thing John Edwards got right is that there are “two Americas.” It has to stop. It begins now with both parties. No. More.

Cody1991 on October 23, 2010 at 10:27 PM

jeanie on October 23, 2010 at 10:23 PM

So which half of the second wave of his agenda do we enact as a compromise?

sharrukin on October 23, 2010 at 10:28 PM

and work with me in a serious way.’”

This narcisisstic sh1tstick thinks it’s about him all of the time.

darwin-t on October 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM

It’s all about TEH ONE. Always has been, always will be, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Who’s he trying to kid? He will never work with the R’s. Once he loses control of the House and possibly the Senate, he’ll rule by Executive Order and the “pocket veto.”

This is the first time in my life as a voter when a seated president has actually made me physically sick to my stomach and literally given me restless nights and nightmares.

GrannyDee on October 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Tancredo’s race in Colorado demonstrates how easy it would be for a new conservative 3rd 1st party to supplant the R-party, relegating it to 3rd party status.

FloatingRock on October 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM

FloatingRock on October 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM

and it has ‘em wearing diapers because of it

darwin-t on October 23, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I’m not that interested in compromise. The Republicans should pass responsible bills that cut spending. If Obama or the Senate vetoes, then let Washington, D.C. shut down.

Defund Obama’s agenda.

WannabeAnglican on October 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM

PS..McConnell is way more shaky than Boehner..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Hi Dire. I think the fact that he mentioned a compromise at all, that he thinks the American people, at this time right now welcome compromise at all. The right has always compromised with the left and look where we are now. He may have held the GOP together well in this Congress but how hard is it really when there is not anyhting they can do to stop a vote. I do not trust anyone who is in leadership in the GOP to do the right thing. He was there for the takeover in `94 and we see where that went, right?

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Ding, ding, ding. Zogby wins a prize for stumbling on some truth.

pearson on October 23, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I agree. There was no call for compromise.

pearson on October 23, 2010 at 10:42 PM

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Hello bluemarlin..Step back for a second and read this again..“‘I think the American people want us to find a way to work together to address the concerns that face the American people every day. We’re going to drive for a smaller, less costly and more accountable government here in Washington, D.C.,’ Boehner says. ‘And to the extent that we can find common ground in that direction, I would welcome it.’”

That is no compromise unless Obie goes along for the ride..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM

If the Republicans go along with any of these wacko Obama bills, I’m joing the Rent is too damn high party!!!!

jeffn21 on October 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Boehner better stop with that compromise talk. The Democrats just gave the Republicans a lesson in how to govern and it was called “take no prisoners”. This is what the Republicans need to do for repeal and replace of the health care bill. They need to have so many votes that the President has to sign it. They need to mount a campaign where people are plugging the switchboard, at the White House, daily until the President signs it.

Now, once they get this legislation stopped, then they can bring Democrats in and treat them better than they were treated these past 2 years, but not too good. We have found out that the press no longer cares about bi-partisanship, they no longer care about civility, they no longer care about comity. Now, knowing that, Republicans no longer have to worry about what the press says, they’ve alread said all they have to say, just do what you have to do and worry about the consequences later.

bflat879 on October 23, 2010 at 10:44 PM

If Boehner is serious, then the vote for Speaker should be interesting.

SouthernGent on October 23, 2010 at 10:45 PM

When you’re drowning you don’t compromise to get halfway to the surface.

kagai on October 23, 2010 at 10:45 PM

No Compromise

Kini on October 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM

GrannyDee on October 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Ditto that! He makes me physically ill as well.

And I’ll tell you something else that I have felt for a long time but particularly since this creep took office….. I feel that I no longer belong in this country. This is not good. I’m a very ordinary person, and I can tell you that many feel the same way.

I’m an American, and I refuse to let anyone shove me out. If anyone else wants to come here and row in, that’s fine and dandy. My ancestors did. However, this president, if that’s what we have to call him, is making a travesty of this country and its citizens. I don’t know who he is or where he came from. He appears to be rather uncertain himself. But no one named Obama is going to change anything for me. I’m staying, and he along with his sick supporters can make a choice. This is a big world, and frankly I want them to leave. The thing is that they won’t because they are determined to pillage this country until there is nothing left.

They are bottom feeders. That is what the Left are. They always have been.

Cody1991 on October 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM

BAH, just typical, meaningless pre-election, warm fuzzy rhetoric. Notice he says “to the extent that” Obama wants to go in the Republican direction he would welcome it.

Allah is just trying to stir up the bees nest for clicks.

American Elephant on October 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Attempting to compromise and/or “work together” with the Dems is a very bad mistake. They must be beat into the ground!

GFW on October 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM

NO compromise

NOvember

davidk on October 23, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I think some posters need to read the whole article on Boehner..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:49 PM

The Republicans had better remember that this is Scooter that they’re dealing with, not Bubba Clinton.

kingsjester on October 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM

American Elephant on October 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM

:)..

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM

kingsjester on October 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM

The House Republicans do..We do have some Senators though that are problematic..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I agree he is not mentioning a specific compromise but think it out further, what Democrat will work with the GOP on any of those issues? I guess my point is, why even mention it in the environment we are in right now. Still, I don`t trust current leadership to do the right thing, that will not change.

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 10:53 PM

stir up the bees nest for clicks.

American Elephant on October 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM

bees live in hives, hornets live in nests

darwin-t on October 23, 2010 at 10:54 PM

This is like some POS pimply faced, lanky limbed nerd with highwater pants and ill fitting sneakers telling the CEO of the company he works for, that this CEO is just gonna do exactly what this POS pimply faced, lanky limbed nerd with highwater pants and ill fitting sneakers tells him to do.

… Ummm kay. got it. The New America.

Key West Reader on October 23, 2010 at 10:54 PM

The only reason I can see for a conservative to reach across the aisle is to grab Henry Waxman by his scrawny neck and shake the smirk off his face.

Oldnuke on October 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Hey, Boner, I can see your 2012 primary defeat from my house!

Pence, not Boner for Speaker.

Duty Call to everyone with a (R) house rep: No on Boner. Pence or we’ll primary you in 2012.

NO MORE COMPROMISES!

You vote with or work with the regime, you go home in 2013!

SuperCool on October 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM

bees live in hives, hornets live in nests

darwin-t on October 23, 2010 at 10:54 PM

And you are not thinking about that when you have stirred up either one..Trust me..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Oldnuke on October 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I don`t care who you are, that is funny!

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:49 PM

If Boehner isn’t prepared to take the battle as seriously as they did in ’94, which he clearly indicates he’s not, then he’s the wrong man for the job. He’s learned the wrong lessons from ’94.

FloatingRock on October 23, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Pence, not Boner for Speaker.

SuperCool on October 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Roger That!

Kini on October 23, 2010 at 10:59 PM

No one should feel badly about kicking John Boehner’s arse.

Fact is – he was a major player on the team when we lost the Superbowl – and now he wants another shot at Quarterback.

Looks like he’ll get it – but don’t feel badly for looking him square in the eye and reminding him who the hell he works for and this time BETTER BE DIFFERENT THAN THE LAST.

HondaV65 on October 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:57 PM

If we messed with the stingin’ buggers we weren’t thinking to start with. *_’

darwin-t on October 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Because when you are a week in front of election and trying to win Moderates and Independent voters you definitely don’t want to give the MSM something to blast you over..Trust me this is not Boehner’s first rodeo..The guy has shown some skills..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 11:01 PM

The Great Taming of the Democratic Party.

It will happen.

Key West Reader on October 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Heh. I don’t even want to know why one is named Hiney…

2ipa on October 23, 2010 at 11:01 PM

HondaV65 on October 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I agree..I think Boehner gets that..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 11:03 PM

If we messed with the stingin’ buggers we weren’t thinking to start with. *_’

darwin-t on October 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Sometimes you can make a mistake..:)

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 11:01 PM

It is those skills that bother me, we need a bull in a china shop this time around, in my opinion.

bluemarlin on October 23, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 10:49 PM

FloatingRock on October 23, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Pence, not Boner for Speaker.

SuperCool on October 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM
Roger That!

Kini on October 23, 2010 at 10:59 PM

That’s right, that’s right!

/Said in the voice of Rerrend Wright’s church attendees…..
…..
…..

…. those attendees that uh. Obama never heard.

Key West Reader on October 23, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Boehner is stale, feckless, and lobbyist laden. If he’s speaker, it’s Hastert revisited. Get rid of him NOW. Bachmann 4 speaker!!!

Western_Civ on October 23, 2010 at 11:08 PM

we need to get people who are 1. not afraid of ridicule and 2 who are quick on their feet and turn the ridicule back on the prep

r keller on October 23, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Americans are going to save their country.

The GOP might want to join the effort.

Speakup on October 23, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Hey Jug-ears!

Here’s a clue: A LOT of us are bitterly clinging to our beloved Republic and our liberty and our way of life. Your grandiose, conceited, self-serving blarney isn’t as hopeychangey as it was the first time around, and even your base is completely disenchanted with you.

We don’t want Obamacare, we don’t want Cap & Trade, we don’t want card check, we don’t want expansion after expansion of federal power, and we would actually like to see some real job creation in our economy instead of some phony “saved or created” shuck’n'jive that no one in their right mind would even consider being an honest measure of anything besides your disingenuous nature. We don’t want to saddle our grandchildren and theirs with a debt that is so onerous as to shackle our long-term economic well-being as far as the eye can see.

We want fiscal sanity, a smaller, leaner, smarter federal government that doesn’t overreach into state, local, and private matters, and we want the goddamn lies to stop.

One more thing; it would be nice if we didn’t feel as though our president and commander-in-chief weren’t belittling our great nation every time he goes overseas — and it would be really REALLY nice if you wouldn’t handcuff our boys overseas with insane rules of engagement.

That’s it for now, before I get hot under the collar…

God Bless America, and God bless American football, NASCAR, post-season MLB, and cornbread.

hillbillyjim on October 23, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Western_Civ on October 23, 2010 at 11:08 PM

She would have to wait in line behind the long list of those who “get” it first, and by the time Bachmann would be eligible she might be an insider too.

Bishop on October 23, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Dire Straits on October 23, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Obsolete thinking.

No one is listening to the MSM – in fact – the more they denounce us the more popular we become.

You don’t have to fear the MSM anymore young padawan.

And neither does John Boehner – though he does anyway.

HondaV65 on October 23, 2010 at 11:11 PM

That’s it for now, before I get hot under the collar…

hillbillyjim on October 23, 2010 at 11:09 PM