NPR fires Juan Williams over comments about Muslims flying

posted at 8:45 am on October 21, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Juan Williams warned that political correctness leads to a paralysis that keeps people from addressing reality — and then ended up a victim of just that kind of political correctness in the very next breath.  NPR terminated his contract, even though just moments later Williams and Mary Katharine Ham speak about how important it is for commentators to distinguish between moderate and extremist Muslims.  Too late, because Williams made the unpardonable sin of admitting that people boarding flights in “Muslim garb” makes him nervous:

The move came after Mr. Williams, who is also a Fox News political analyst, appeared on the “The O’Reilly Factor” on Monday. On the show, the host, Bill O’Reilly, asked him to respond to the notion that the United States was facing a “Muslim dilemma.” Mr. O’Reilly said, “The cold truth is that in the world today jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet.”

Mr. Williams said he concurred with Mr. O’Reilly.

He continued: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”

Mr. Williams also made reference to the Pakistani immigrant who pleaded guilty this month to trying to plant a car bomb in Times Square. “He said the war with Muslims, America’s war is just beginning, first drop of blood. I don’t think there’s any way to get away from these facts,” Mr. Williams said.

NPR said in its statement that the remarks “were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR.”

Does watching an entire segment and hearing remarks in context also conflict with NPR’s editorial standards and practices?  The Right Scoop has the entire six-minute-plus segment, and do what NPR failed to do — watch the whole thing:

With the exception of the very beginning, when Williams made the statement that so offended NPR, Williams and Mary Katharine took a position mainly opposite of Bill O’Reilly, with both stating that the distinction between extremist Muslims and the rest was an important one to make, Mary Katharine more for strategic purposes, and Williams on journalistic grounds.

But then again, Williams was arguing for tolerance, and that apparently violates NPR’s “editorial standards and practices.”  Clearly, NPR only wants opinion journalists that agree with the opinions of NPR, and I mean totally agree.  An NPR opinion journalist had better not admit to having a normal human reaction about potential for terrorism nine years after 3,000 Americans got killed by radical Muslims on commercial air flights, or else. The rest of NPR’s cast just got an object lesson about the range of opinion tolerated by management.

But, hey, that’s NPR’s prerogative.  After all, it’s not as if they’re government sponsored in any way.  Oh, wait …

Michelle Malkin:

As I’ve said many times before: Political correctness is the handmaiden of terror.

Condolences to Juan Williams, whom I’ve debated –vigorously, but always with respect and cordiality — many times over the years.

Hope this accelerates his journey on the ideological learning curve. And I hope he doesn’t back down. …

Worth noting: NPR affiliate employee Sarah Spitz at public radio station KCRW wishes death on Rush Limbaugh…not a firing offense.

Andrew Malcolm reminds us that one of the few bipartisan areas of consensus is that political correctness has run amuck:

A majority of Americans, who are globally famous for candidly saying what they think, now say they believe that their country has become too politically correct.

new Rasmussen Reports survey finds that nearly six in 10 respondents (57%) say they think we’ve gotten too hung up on too many sensibilities. Can we even talk about this with the other 43%? …

But here’s an interesting result from the Rasmussen research: Nearly three out of four Americans say they think that political correctness is a problem.

So, wait a minute: More people think PC is a problem than think there’s too much of it. So, how then is it a problem?

Of course, we respect the right of some people to hold nonsensical views like that. Such thoughtful minorities are an important part of the diverse American identity.

Rasmussen also finds that 13% say they disagree with the 74% and think PC is not a problem. And another 13% are wishy-washy can’t-decides who should probably move to Canada.

The problem is that the first 13% would tell the 74% to either shut up about it, or get branded as bigots or haters for wanting to discuss it.  And that 13% either work for or listen to NPR, apparently.

Why not just have Juan Williams debate the issue on NPR?  Get him on a panel with other NPR opinion journalists and either have him defend himself or best him with actual argument?  It’s not like Williams just got hired by NPR, after all; he’s been there for eleven years.  Rather than explore the topic, NPR decided to can him instead in order to maintain their “editorial standards and practices,” but more to the point, their editorial and ideological purity.  That’s exactly what Williams meant when he warned about political correctness, and unwittingly turned himself into an object lesson in it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

I guess we do have a de facto state religion after all.

JohnTant on October 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Check out the comments over at NPR. The highest recommended ones are all anti-NPR?

carbon_footprint on October 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM

This is why it’s important to keep leftists/progressives out of power. They seek to codify this sort of political correctness, in contravention to the principles of this country and the Constitution.

WordsMatter on October 21, 2010 at 8:47 AM

What happened to speaking truth to power?

mankai on October 21, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Soros just donated $2 million to them

Any wonder

iam7545 on October 21, 2010 at 8:48 AM

After all, it’s not as if they’re government sponsored in any way. Oh, wait …

time to stop the funding NOW

let them stand on their own

cmsinaz on October 21, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Maybe NPR should change it’s name to something other than National Public Radio, because I am part of the public and their views are definetly not mine, nor have they ever been!

How about changing to PCR: Politically Correct Radio.

That moniker fits them like a proverbial glove.

pilamaye on October 21, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Click on my id below and read my latest blog post on getting on a plane in New Jersey.

HondaV65 on October 21, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Ninnies.

beatcanvas on October 21, 2010 at 8:49 AM

What do you expect from National Propaganda Radio?

Beaglemom on October 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM

The clear solution, of course, is to communicate in no uncertain terms that all who disagree with the Tea Party shall be stoned and beheaded, and that criticism of the Tea Party is an affront to our religion.

Will that get them to lay off, or would we have to kill a whole bunch of people first?

KingGold on October 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM

I wonder what Joy and Whoopi have to say about this….er, maybe I don’t want to know.

ted c on October 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM

best of luck to you Juan…

time for the Brit & Juan show…that would be some good television

cmsinaz on October 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM

I saw the segment on O’Reilly and Juan was right on.

As you mentioned Ed, NPR doesn’t want an honest debate on the issue or they’d host a panel to debate Juan.

Now I remember why I quit donating to NPR years ago. It’s a shame I can’t stop my tax dollars too.

BacaDog on October 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Get your dictionary our and look up the definition of a BIGOT. It means those who are intolerant of others opinions. That describes liberals completely. Next time NPR and NPT are not getting enough government money to survive and are begging for the public to keep them on the air, remind me to donate so they can promote bigotry.

volsense on October 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Would he have been fired for saying he gets nervous at a Tea Party rally?

We know who the specially privileged group in America is.

The ones who murdered 2,200 of us.

Bat Chain Puller on October 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Soros just donated $2 million to them

Any wonder

iam7545 on October 21, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Link?

visions on October 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Looks like someone strayed too far off the porch.
/marc lamont hill

ted c on October 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Free cookies ! Welcome to the dark side!

the_nile on October 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Reminder: NPR would not survive in the free market.

visions on October 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Unwritten message to Juan: you’re on Fox too damn much.
/npr tolerance police

ted c on October 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Juan is only a liberal not a marxist.

tim c on October 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM

They didn’t like that he appeared on Fox at all. I’m sure they’ve been looking for an excuse to can him for years.

zmdavid on October 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM

An absolute embarrassment. NPR should be ashamed. You know it is bad when even the liberals on MSNBC are supporting Williams.

neoavatara on October 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Looks like someone strayed too far off the porch.
/marc lamont hill

ted c on October 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM

That wasn’t Hill. Hill’s not the kindest of libs, but it was Warren Ballentine, some backwater radio host, who told Williams to get on the porch.

I’m no fan of Marc Lamont Hill, but let’s be fair here.

KingGold on October 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

This makes me furious. I used to give money to NPR until I realized that they wanted us to lose in Iraq.

Williams is a decent guy who doesn’t deserve this. We need to get rid of government funding of NPR. I’m gong to contact my congressman.

juliesa on October 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

NPR is so lame

blatantblue on October 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Whenever I get annoyed with Mr. Williams I remember that he and Tony Snow were really good friends. Mr. Williams has been treated shamefully. If I donated to NPR I would stop so now I guess I’ll start encouraging Congress to make it’s defunding one of the first things on its austerity plan. Besides, Mr. Soros is hiring their reporters for them now, they don’t need the taxpayer anymore.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with Mara Liason, NPR’s other pundit doing time on Fox. The liberals have never been happy about that arrangement, either, though Mara drew less of their wrath by limiting her appearances to Special Report and Fox News Sunday. But you’d figure now that they’ve got Juan’s scalp, the pressure will be ratcheted up for her to either sever her ties with Fox, or face the loss of her NPR job over some future roundtable comment that doesn’t meet the proper PC standards.

jon1979 on October 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM

This should make everyone sick. NPR needs its funding cut. Move on, Juan, and enjoy your success without them.

DrStock on October 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM

So Juan is being fired for his feelings??? Nice, tolerant, open-minded Thought Police.

/Their public funding is too d@mn high

hoosiermama on October 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM

He was just too honest.

If they said that about the tea party, they would applaud.

seven on October 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Interesting. Soros gives NPR millions and they start dancing to his music. Coincidence…I don’t think so.

David in ATL on October 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Is Mara Liasson (sp?) still on NPR? If so, she better watch her mouth now that Juan has been tossed under the bus.

juliesa on October 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM

That woman from California can sue NPR. Alldread??

seven on October 21, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Fact is it was muslims who attacked us on 9/11
If I was sitting next to Juan Williams on a plane full of muslims…that’s two of us who would be nervous.

philly_PA on October 21, 2010 at 8:57 AM

What’s the definition of a Conservative? A liberal that has been mugged by reality?

Welcome aboard, Mr. Williams! We’ve been waiting for you.

It’s hard not to like Juan, and for that matter Moira. Suppose that she is next on the NPR list of those to meet the hangman?

turfmann on October 21, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Hey all you Dims who want to know where we’d cut federal spending: here’s a good place to start.

AZCoyote on October 21, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I’m no fan of Marc Lamont Hill, but let’s be fair here.

KingGold on October 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

oh, you are absolutely right and I apologize. that was wrong to bring that up.

ted c on October 21, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Could he sue? NPR is publicly funded, and they fired him over something he said. Doesn’t that violate the First Amendment?

zmdavid on October 21, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Progressives hate Free Speech. Juan and Glenn Beck have something in common now, besides Fox.

kingsjester on October 21, 2010 at 8:58 AM

juliesa on October 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM

I think she has her head on straight and is able to spout the party line reliably.

ted c on October 21, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Fox moves forward, MSNBC leans forward, NPR leans backward and falls over.

darwin on October 21, 2010 at 8:58 AM

George Soros’ Millions Buying ‘Political Reporters’ for NPR

Is anyone really surprised that Juan Williams was fired from NPR he appears on FNC all the time? I mean really this is the standard Soros machine operating behavior Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Dr Evil on October 21, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Come on people, this is how the liberal PC Police work.

man<woman<white<black<gay<muslim.

Lance Murdock on October 21, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Will this get them more than the current 47 listners?

katy the mean old lady on October 21, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Just how many examples of leftist intolerance does Williams need to finally get a clue? Progressives are not his friends, they are his masters.

Extrafishy on October 21, 2010 at 9:00 AM

If he said he felt uncomfortable with evangelical Christians or Orthodox Jews they’d give him a raise, but if he feels uncomfortable with a religion that seeks world domination he’s gotta go?

Juan Williams was fired for having the gall to tell the truth. World domination and subjugation of infidels and women is just another “equally valid” ideological choice according to the jackasses at NPR. Usually I quote CS Lewis on the perils of cultural relativism when these things happen, but today I’ll choose his quote on roads and progress (roads being a favorite Obama theme. Poor CS forgot about slurpees):

We all want progress, but if you’re on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

I guess Williams is becoming “progressive” despite himself

clnurnberg on October 21, 2010 at 9:00 AM

jon1979 on October 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM

I hope the Special Report panel deals with this tonight. I bet they do.

Start with Steve Hayes, move to Krauthammer. And after those two guys have reamed NPR, turn to Mara, and ask, “Well, what about all this, Mara?”

BuckeyeSam on October 21, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I suppose Juan William’s honesty is a trait that doesn’t reflect NPR’s “values”.

darwin on October 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I thought NPR fired him for occasionally using inflection and raising his voice a little from time to time.

forest on October 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

NPR is a disgrace. Has been as long as I can remember.

Juan is a man of integrity and sincerity. One of the few liberals I can stand listening to.

May God bless him and help him.

He doesn’t deserve this.

Elisa on October 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I agree with many of the posters above calling for cutting funding from socialist propanda outlets. The government should not be in the television, radio or newspaper business.

(or the car business or the insurance business either)

dogsoldier on October 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Why not just have Juan Williams debate the issue on NPR?

Because Liberalism is a religion of cowards. Do you really think that if the trash that is modern day liberalism could argue, and win, that they wouldn’t?

MNHawk on October 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Dr Evil on October 21, 2010 at 8:59 AM

nope. I’m not surprised a bit. I wonder when the GOP will fire Scarborough or Brooks…..j/k

ted c on October 21, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Welcome to Diversity……of opinion!

Remind me, again….who are the bitter clingers to orthodoxy?

olesparkie on October 21, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Late Wednesday night, NPR issued a statement praising Williams as a valuable contributor but saying it had given him notice that it is severing his contract. “His remarks on The O’Reilly Factor this past Monday were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR,” the statement read.

Williams’ presence on the largely conservative and often contentious prime-time talk shows of Fox News has long been a sore point with NPR News executives.

Juan Williams is a liberal. The one thing that distinguishes him from many others, especially the NPR liberals who are consistent with NPR’s standards and practices, is that Williams is intellectually honest. I may disagree with his opinions, but he’s not a spin doctor. He recognizes valid points from opponents, and isn’t afraid of the truth. I respect that, and have long respected Juan Williams for that.

Juan Williams was NPR’s credibility. They have none left to undermine.

cartooner on October 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM

This made me laugh:

Ms. Shepard said she had received 378 listener e-mails in 2008 listing complaints and frustrations about Mr. Williams.

She’s whinging about a couple of negative emails from TWO years ago? Really? Talk about building a weak case. O’Reilly gets that many every 10 mins. Maybe 378 is half of all NPR’s listeners?

rcpjr on October 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM

neoavatara on October 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

One has to have a soul to be ashamed.

csdeven on October 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Our tax dollars should have ceased funding NPR long ago!

GFW on October 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Ah, yes, NPR’s high editorial standards and practices, in which they lie, truncate, and misrepresent. Mr. Williams should shake the dust from his feet and never look back.

DrMagnolias on October 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I faintly recall JuanW having a pretty heated debate on healthcare on NPR once, and he even strayed away from the lib talking points and enunciated the oppositions side in the debate, IIRC. He did so to make a larger point, natch, he wasn’t fired then…? why now?

ted c on October 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Other than “Car Talk” and the Celtic music show, I have no use for NPR. Their “All Thing Considered” show is a farce. It’s like a daily church service for ultra-liberals.

AubieJon on October 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Maybe if Williams would have posed as someone with a room temperature IQ, he wouldn’t have had such problems with the White Poly Sci majoring, government employed type that is the core of NPR’s audience?

Not knowing his place? Hmmmmmm.

MNHawk on October 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Reminder: NPR would not survive in the free market.

visions on October 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Exactly. How’s GM, (government motors), doing? How’s the Postal Service doing? NPR would go the way of Air America without the government paying the bills. What does Williams do now, sue the government for redress? Fat chance.

Rovin on October 21, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Maybe NPR is afraid the NAALCP will do a big expose’ on how they are a racist organization. But they just fired a black guy for supposedly offending Islam, so I guess they will have to hire two people who are both black and Muslim to compensate, then it’ll be all good.

forest on October 21, 2010 at 9:06 AM

3,000 Americans got killed murdered by radical Muslims….

fixed it for you, Ed

lukespapa on October 21, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I think we need to drop the race card bomb on NPR

blatantblue on October 21, 2010 at 9:06 AM

PC has been killing this country for decades.

coldwarrior on October 21, 2010 at 9:06 AM

One of the few things I respect about Bill O’rielly is his stand on political correctness towards Islam and Muslims.

Anyone who listens to NPR should be ashamed of themselves.

Juan’s firing is saddening, but exposes the consuming hatred that is the liberal and progressive left. I hope Juan will recover, and I also hope he learns who the real slave masters are.

Rode Werk on October 21, 2010 at 9:07 AM

best of luck to you Juan…

time for the Brit & Juan show…that would be some good television

cmsinaz on October 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM

I’ll second that.

heshtesh on October 21, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Hey Juan, feelin a bit of that PROGRESSIVE LOVE you’ve been cozying up to for years?

Reminds me of something I saw this morning during the commute. This gal cuts me off and gets right in front of me I flashed her with my lights and then proceeded to give her the distance I normally give someone in front of me.

Then in a blink someone else flies by me and gets right behind her. The person in the Explorer drives like there on Crack or something and is RIGHT UP ON THE BUMPER of the first car. This continues for almost 10 minutes as the Meth/crack driver is weaving around right on the bumper of the car that cut me off originally. I’m sure the original person had a nice drive into work, but she sure got a taste X10 of what she gave me.

Juan…….you’ve been cutting CONSERVATIVES off for years, how’s it feel like to have someone give you a little taste of the same medicine?

PappyD61 on October 21, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I think we need to drop the race card bomb on NPR

blatantblue on October 21, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Apparently Islam trumps race. When that happens in America, shyt approaching fan at high speed.

darwin on October 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM

If this kind of hypocrisy is unacceptable, you might want to checkout theblaze.com and see the NAACP-Tea Party confrontation in St Louis. The epitome of hypocrisy. There is no living lifeform that doesn’t know the NAACP is a racist organization.

volsense on October 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Defund NPR

tarpon on October 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Juan Williams was NPR’s credibility. They have none left to undermine.

cartooner on October 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Exactly! He is what the Democrat Party used to be. Back in the days of Kennedy, Humphrey, Truman, ect. You could disagree with them, but you didn’t get a sense that they would sell the US to the enemy, if they thought there was an extra vote in it, for doing so.

NPR is literally serving the enemy with this decision. Which is par for the course, for the Democrat Party in the 21st century.

MNHawk on October 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM

AubieJon on October 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM

every now and then they may have a carrot cake recipe or a lively waltz on or something…/

ted c on October 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM

It isn’t what he said it is where he said it.

tomas on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

I’d boycott NPR…..but I don’t listen to that junk anyway.
At some point Juan may figure out what horrible people liberals actually are.

jrab01 on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

This says more about NPR, than it does about Juan Williams.

Geronimo on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

I wonder how much money NPR gets from Islamic organizations.

darwin on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

darwin on October 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM

lolol

“NPR IS RACIST FOR FIRING A BLACK MAN”
We’ll play their game

blatantblue on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Apparently Islam trumps race.

darwin on October 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Islam IS a race, to the NPR crowd, silly!

MNHawk on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Looks like NPR cut off its nose to spite its face. Both of them.

SlaveDog on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Despicable NPR. The truth always hurts. May FOX give the man a higher-paying, higher-profile gig.

RepubChica on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Juan is only a liberal not a marxist.

tim c on October 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM

And he’s an honorable one, which is another strike against him.

I rarely agree with Juan but he is engaging and tries to use facts to bolster his arguments. He also wins points for being willing to appear on Fox, which is really a third strike against him for “the real liberals.” Juan has his opinions and it is always good to hear a sane liberal make his case. NPR should be ashamed.

Red Cloud on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

You vill be told vot to tink, und you chall NOT deviate.

Bishop on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

I think the best thing Mara Liasson can do for herself right now is to resign from NPR in protest for their mistreatment of Williams.

It’s not like Fox would drop her, and she’d be able to continue with her analyst gig there.

KingGold on October 21, 2010 at 9:10 AM

NPR interviewed an apostate Episcopal bishop a few years ago who commented on the election of a conservative Anglican to some post by saying, “Well, you know, Hitler was elected too.”

I hope one of the first things the new majority on the hill does is to defund PBS & NPR. Free countries don’t need state media.

Akzed on October 21, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Williams was fired for speaking candidly. Ultimately, good for him and his career since there is more of an audience for honest speakers than the self-censored.

However, would Williams be OK with the same quote if a white pundit expressed his fear of interacting with black people?

dedalus on October 21, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Time for a Chardonnay Summit?

theCork on October 21, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Heh. This is both hilarious and totally unfair (!). Chardonnay is a wonderful, joyful wine, and for it to be tarred by the association with our dimwitted liberal classes is just so wrong.

Here and Now, I call for a Conservatives for Chardonnay! movement. The liberals can have my oak-edged Talbott Chardonnay when they suck the lemon zest, pear and nutmeg aromas from my lifeless nasal passages!

(Imported from Headlines by Jaibones!)

Jaibones on October 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM

NPR is racist.

The Mega Independent on October 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM

It isn’t what he said it is where he said it.

tomas on October 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

You think? He could have said that on some other outlet and not received flak?

darwin on October 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Dear Juan:

Muslims make me afraid, too. Their extremists are commiting the overwhelming amount of terrorism in the past three decades, and their “moderate” brethren are doing little about it. Their “moderate” brethren who have contact with them are nothing more than aiders and abettors.

BuckeyeSam on October 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I hope that financially Fox will be able to give him more air time, I think he’s got college age children and everyone knows that is not a cheap date.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I bet Mara doesn’t show on Special Report tonight.

csdeven on October 21, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I move that all taxpayer funding to NPR be ceased immediately. Second?

james23 on October 21, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Scanner-level cabeza asplosions on the left.

I love it.