Brooks: Hey, Obama told me shovel-ready jobs didn’t exist last year

posted at 5:15 pm on October 16, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

And of course, this wouldn’t have been news all the time while Barack Obama kept claiming that these “shovel ready jobs” had prosperity just around the corner, right?  Brooks says that the admission came in an off-the-record session with the President, which kept him from reporting it.  I wonder if Brooks or anyone else would have been that particular had George Bush admitted “off the record” that he knew Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction in 2003 or 2004, while continuing to make the argument that the war was necessary because of them.  What happened to sourcing as “a senior administration official”?  Did it not occur to Brooks that Obama was lying about these jobs over the past year to defend his economic policies, and that Brooks might have had a responsibility to make that known?  Good to know that the New York Times prints all the news that fits — its agenda.

Click on the image to watch the RCP video:

DAVID BROOKS, NYT: Yes. Well, I shouldn’t have confessed this. He said this to me off the record about a year ago. But it hasn’t…

JIM LEHRER: Off the record? So, then you can’t talk about it.

DAVID BROOKS: Yes, because Peter Baker is a better journalist than I am, because I couldn’t get him to go on the record with that thing.

JIM LEHRER: He said this to you a year ago?

DAVID BROOKS: It was obvious. I mean, you are trying to build a stimulus package. And when they were trying to build it, believe me, they would have loved to have filled it with infrastructure jobs. But the projects just didn’t exist. They couldn’t do it. They couldn’t find them.

When can we expect the media to run with “Obama lied and the economy died”?  The Boss Emeritus has more thoughts on this as well.

By the way, here’s the administration still claiming progress through shovel-ready jobs on June 17, 2010, and on the first anniversary of Porkulus.  In December 2009, Obama insisted that he was ensuring that shovel-ready jobs were actually shovel-ready:

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you, everybody.  Thank you.  Please be seated.  We want to make sure we get in as much discussion as possible in the remaining time that we have.

I hope everybody enjoyed the breakout sessions.  I had the opportunity to attend two of them for quite some time and enjoyed some terrific conversation and some great ideas.

I heard a great deal of challenges this afternoon about — or a great deal this afternoon about the challenges that we’re all facing, for businesses large and small, when it comes to trying to create jobs.  There’s no question that it is difficult out there right now.  But we also heard some exciting ideas and proposals for how we can spur hiring today and lay the groundwork for sustainable economic growth in the future.  In other words, ideas that help us in the short term but also point us in the direction of rebuilding the country.

I attended two of the sessions — one on infrastructure, where there was broad agreement that the infrastructure in America is not where it needs to be and we’ve got enormous investments to make.  We got some good, hardheaded feedback from people like Doug Holtz-Eakin and others about how we have to do this more effectively — how can we measure the costs and benefits of infrastructure investment; how can we make sure that shovel ready actually means shovel ready; how can there be more effective coordination between federal, state, and local governments in order to maximize the benefits of our infrastructure spending.  And there was considerable amount of discussion about how we can leverage the private sector to boost our infrastructure spending.

Sounds as though Brooks’ information shows that the administration has lied all along.  But at the Times, that’s not news.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I am waiting for Brooks to start using the term “porkulus”.

rob verdi on October 16, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I would say that a Congressional inquiry next year is in order.

kingsjester on October 16, 2010 at 5:20 PM

its only our country so don’t lose too much sleep over this.

rob verdi on October 16, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Brooks has been inside-the-Beltway for too long. Too bad there’s not a primary for pundits. He would’ve been booted out with the rest of the RINOs.

itsnotaboutme on October 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Seriously these fools like Brooks should get off their knees, stop serving the DOTUS…..and save the FREAKING REPUBLIC!!!!

I’m going to start referring to them as “HUTA” Republicans!!

PappyD61 on October 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM

better yet…….KneePad Republicans!!

PappyD61 on October 16, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Obama lies with impertinence, by the seconds.

Brooks and his sistern/brethren, incl. some in the middle, live in Obama’s anus. Enjoy the stink, traitors to your trait.

the administration has lied all along. But at the Times, that’s not news.

Fortunately the voters do know. They don’t even listen to the media and Obama any longer. It’s all “lalalalal blablabla ditchcarditch I’mthepresident hopeandchange blablablabla”

Obama is truly the Cash for Clunkers Pimp and the media are his whores.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2010 at 5:24 PM

This story has me more incensed than anything right now. I can’t even begin to type out how pissed I am. All the crap we got in saying the “stimulus” would never see these “shovel ready” projects, all the crap we got as Obama, Krugman, and our betters in the MSM scolded us about how stupid we were to oppose this trillion dollar boondoggle. After all the media fed “green-shoots” narratives. And now we find out that that stupid David Brooks was told straight-up that Obama was lying about THE ENTIRE JUSTIFICATION for the stupid bill! Freaking unreal. I want my money back you freaking worthless pricks. I don’t want to hear from another liberal, democrat, progressive, moderate, or independent about the virtues of a benevolent/cerebral/powerful federal government. Worthless! All of them!

Weight of Glory on October 16, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Sorry, s/b in quotes, above.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Brooks probably would have talked, but he couldn’t get off his knees, and his mouth was full.

GarandFan on October 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM

The part of Baker’s article where the WH frets that America is ungovernable is the best argument for limited federal government I’ve ever read.

MayBee on October 16, 2010 at 5:27 PM

This story has me more incensed than anything right now. I can’t even begin to type out how pissed I am. All the crap we got in saying the “stimulus” would never see these “shovel ready” projects, all the crap we got as Obama, Krugman, and our betters in the MSM scolded us about how stupid we were to oppose this trillion dollar boondoggle. After all the media fed “green-shoots” narratives. And now we find out that that stupid David Brooks was told straight-up that Obama was lying about THE ENTIRE JUSTIFICATION for the stupid bill! Freaking unreal. I want my money back you freaking worthless pri*ks. I don’t want to hear from another liberal, democrat, progressive, moderate, or independent about the virtues of a benevolent/cerebral/powerful federal government. Worthless! All of them!

Weight of Glory on October 16, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Does he really still defend his Zero with “Well actually I like this, it’s Obama being honest”? Obama B-S’d the public for over a year and Brooks knew about it and now that the cat is out of the bag, Zero is “honest”?

Marcus on October 16, 2010 at 5:29 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Shocker.

SlaveDog on October 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM

At least this didn’t cost anybody anything…

right?

right?

tetriskid on October 16, 2010 at 5:31 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM

nuff said

cmsinaz on October 16, 2010 at 5:31 PM

barf.

elifino on October 16, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I guess it would be too much to ask for someone in the MSM to inquire as to what else Obama has been lying about.

SlaveDog on October 16, 2010 at 5:35 PM

So,the End of the World,worst Depression since GaffeBiden
watched the 29′ Stock Market Crash on tv,and if Obama did-
n’t get his Stimulus loot,for Shovel-Ready Jobs,then Amer
ica would be going all to h*ll in a hand basket!!

And,its a Depression,ah…um…recession…ah..um….
The Recession Is Over…ah…um…wait..were back in it
…..ah…um….crisis…ah….um…. …..Bush…ah.um
ah…. …..

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:35 PM

So, was David too busy creaming his pants over the creases in Obama’s trousers to recognize this was important?

darii on October 16, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Hence, Dear Liar.

rbj on October 16, 2010 at 5:37 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM
=======================================

nuff said

cmsinaz on October 16, 2010 at 5:31 PM

cmsinaz::)

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:37 PM

And yet another Teachable Moment from Our Miss Brooks.

Del Dolemonte on October 16, 2010 at 5:38 PM

And of course, this wouldn’t have been news all the time while Barack Obama kept claiming that these “shovel ready jobs” had prosperity just around the corner, right? Brooks says that the admission came in an off-the-record session with the President, which kept him from reporting it.
======================================================
So,when does Impeachment begin!

When does the DOJ open a Fraud Investigation!

When will there be Congressional Hearings!

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:39 PM

O/T: If anyone on here uses Firefox and Ad Block Plus, I would appreciate some info. I had my husband install those for me yesterday, and I’m having trouble getting into some of the threads and get a box saying “Content Encoding Error”
and cannot view the page because it uses an invalid form of compression and to contact the website owner. I’ve never had this happen before so I figure it is related. Thanks for any info about this.

silvernana on October 16, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Ya know,if Hopey lied about Shoveling Sh*t,
what else is there that he (Clintoned)!

ShovelReadyGate!

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:41 PM

So, Brooks works for the NYT, which has no problem revealing state secrets that will result in the deaths of our soldiers and allies, but he he’ll keep the secrets of a man who is knowingly destroying our country with defective fiscal policies.

Priorities!

obladioblada on October 16, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Hmmm trolls avoiding this thread? really?

CWforFreedom on October 16, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I guess if you can quote Niebuhr to Brooks you can get away with anything.

“Man’s capacity for justice makes democracy possible; man’s inclination for injustice makes democracy necessary.”

There.

SteveMG on October 16, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I would love to see Scooter in front of a committee:

Mr. President, is it true that you told David Brooks that there were no such things as shovel ready jobs?

kingsjester on October 16, 2010 at 5:44 PM

The public sector is more competent than the private sector.

lorien1973 on October 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM

…Our Miss Brooks.

Del Dolemonte on October 16, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Heh.

SlaveDog on October 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Thanks for any info about this.

silvernana on October 16, 2010 at 5:40 PM

That’s not adblock. It’s a hotair hosting issue. Just give it a few minutes and it’ll fix itself.

lorien1973 on October 16, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Obama Shovel ready jobs on Sean Hannity

=====================================================
Hannity has a montage!

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Most of us knew this was a lie from the very beginning anyway, but Brooks should have manned up and asked Mr. President why he kept on lying to the American people. Wimp.

scalleywag on October 16, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I wish state DOT’s would pay for shovel ready projects to put on the shelve. Unfortunately for me as a civil engineer, they only bring them to Phase II staging (construction ready) right before they are letting for construction.

Other than that they sit on the shelves as Phase I studies…which can take a few years to get to Phase II.

Pablo Honey on October 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM

The public sector is more competent than the private sector.

lorien1973 on October 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I know! Who you think invented red tape? Yeah that’s right, not that lazy do nothing private sector … the public sector.
Impressive eh?

darwin on October 16, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Hopey clarifies Shovel Ready,which is exactly what it
means…..infrastructure!!
==============================

Get your shovel ready

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Pablo Honey on October 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM

What’s the delay?

darwin on October 16, 2010 at 5:54 PM

DEVO – Working In A Coalmine

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:58 PM

of course he knew. he was too dazzled with the compliments he recieved for giving constant presidential hummers. After all, only a man can truly give a perfect BJ to another man, they know ever secret spot better than any woman ever will.

Niteowl45 on October 16, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Obama Administration Cancels Shovel Ready Projects: Thousands of Jobs Lost
==========================

A shovel ready project canceled? Can you believe this? These democrats are poison!! How many jobs lost? Where is the accountability? They are tearing through our hard earned money, destroying our economy – for what? Paying off Obama’s operatives? This is nuts!

Where does this idiot think we get our energy from??

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 6:02 PM

what did the MSM know and when did they know it?

joeindc44 on October 16, 2010 at 6:05 PM

lorien1973 on October 16, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Thanks, but it is not going away (haven’t been able to get into the Rubio thread since I got here 30 minutes ago) and several others, and I am getting frustrated. If this keeps up, I’ll have to go back to IE, as I never had the problem before.

silvernana on October 16, 2010 at 6:05 PM

The Infrastructure Projects!
===============================
Featured Recovery Projects

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I never had the problem before.

silvernana on October 16, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Are you going to a “connection reset” message on firefox? I get it a few times a week. It’s sporadic and disappears within a few minutes, which tells me its a server issue (slow response time).

lorien1973 on October 16, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Everything Obama has passed has been a scam on the American public, taking our hard-earned money for the unions and to distribute the “wealth” from the haves to the have-nots. There is no telling how much the press knows and haven’t told us to just cover his butt. Every person in this country should be mad as hell about this. How is his popularity rating still as high as it is? Oh yeah, thanks Condi for supporting this POS.

silvernana on October 16, 2010 at 6:12 PM

“You can’t hide your lyin’ eyes.
And your smile is a thin disguise.”

Randy

williars on October 16, 2010 at 6:12 PM

“The purpose of President [Barack] Obama’s American Recovery and Reinvestment Act is to ‘stimulate’ the lagging economy by dishing out grants, loans and contracts for shovel-ready projects across the country…

“But recovery dollars have trickled down slower than expected, the calculation of jobs created and saved has come under fire and the method for tracking funds appears riddled with errors.”

One such error included nearly $500,000 in “stimulus” funds credited for a project that never received money.

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Priorities!

obladioblada on October 16, 2010 at 5:42 PM

BINGO!

tinkerthinker on October 16, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Darrell Issa’s list is going to be bigger than Santa Claus’…..

roy_batty on October 16, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Our Miss Brooks! Now that’s good. Plus 100!

Dhuka on October 16, 2010 at 6:17 PM

lorien1973 on October 16, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Not that I know of. Like I said, I just got this yesterday and I am pretty computer illiterate. All I know, is when I click on the title, it briefly shows the page on some of them and then goes to that box. Still can’t get into the Rubio thread.

silvernana on October 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM

So they just kept spending anyway? And you didn’t think there was a story here or you had a duty to your country? And now you’re making excuses for them? Pitiful, shameful, and a dereliction of duty!

PatMac on October 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM

silvernana on October 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM

copy/paste the error message?

lorien1973 on October 16, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Congress’s Point Man on Infrastructure Spending

Now, as another new Democratic President aims to kick-start the economy, Oberstar finds himself in a unique position to help shape another unprecedented national infrastructure boom. The top Democrat on the House Transportation Committee, where he has represented Minnesota for 34 years, Oberstar says not only is the system primed for such an infusion but he believes the roughly $65 billion in infrastructure stimulus requested by President-elect Barack Obama will create at least a million jobs by June. (Read “How to Spend a Trillion Dollars.”)

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1872051,00.html#ixzz12YyinO4S

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Gee… where was this news…last year?

CynicalOptimist on October 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Did Obama whisper this sweet nothing in his ear before or after?

SouthernGent on October 16, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Obama is destroying his party (it was moribund anyway but he is finishing it off).

It will be interesting to see who unfriends him November 3. Even if the Repubs don’t retake the Senate, I bet no Blue Dog or moderate will take his phone calls.

PattyJ on October 16, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Paraphrasing Brooks: “That’s what I love about this administration. They’re so honest while they lie.”

JellyToast on October 16, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Committee On Transportation and Infrastructure

■Implementation Report

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I never had the problem before.

silvernana on October 16, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I run Firefox and tried adblock…got frustrated with it, canned it, and now I just use FF and ignore the little annoyances.

Patrick S on October 16, 2010 at 6:34 PM

It’s the elites versus the people and Brooks knows which side he’s on.

PackerBronco on October 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM

What a jackass.

ebrawer on October 16, 2010 at 6:36 PM

David “Pants Crease” Brooks is just carrying on the grand New York Times tradition of hiding bad news when it doesn’t fit the template. Somewhere, Walter Duranty is smiling approvingly.

Cicero43 on October 16, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I’m putting “Obama lied and the economy died” in my facebook fee with a link to this.

Blue Collar Todd on October 16, 2010 at 6:38 PM

If Palin runs you can bet there will be a question something like “David Brood a conservative says that …”and Palin can use this to throw it back. “you mean the same David Brooks that held the story on ….”

KBird on October 16, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I cannot say this more strongly: VOTE

betsyz on October 16, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Give David Brooks a break.

He can’t report news AND perform a lap dance for Obama at the same time.

portlandon on October 16, 2010 at 6:53 PM

And David Brooks is supposed to be the tokn conservative voice of the NYT, lol. I makes you wonder how a conservative can help an extreme left liberal lie in order to waste a trillion dollars and screw up the economy even moreso.

jeffn21 on October 16, 2010 at 6:57 PM

there’s a big “shovel ready” dung pile in the USA and we need millions of workers for a 10 minute job on Nov 2, 2010

maineconservative on October 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Other slogans:

The Obamanator-Rise Of The Jobless

Obama Knew And Jobs Flew

Obama Trek: Searching Out New Records Of The Unemployed.

Any others?

Blue Collar Todd on October 16, 2010 at 7:09 PM

brooks and all his journo-cronies figure that they got it good for life….and if they keep their nose clean, their kids will do real well to.

it is that way in most societies…keep your nose clean, kiss up to the right man, say the right things and you will be fine

your neighbors, the rest of the country, pfffft.

r keller on October 16, 2010 at 7:09 PM

OT: Wisconsin starts strong against the Buckeyes..Returns opening kick back for a TD!..Wisconsin 7..OSU..0..:)

PS..Brooks is a DIABLO!

Dire Straits on October 16, 2010 at 7:12 PM

What a pathetic creature this man David Brooks is! His every minor criticism of Obama or the democrats is quickly followed up with an equal or more vicious attack on the Tea Party or Republicans.
Does’t it look like whenever he starts slobbering over Obama and the democrats (which is often) someone of camera reminds him that his role is to act as the “conservative” voice on the panel?

RMR on October 16, 2010 at 7:25 PM

You lie.

Mojave Mark on October 16, 2010 at 7:25 PM

So remaining loyal to the party, and it’s agenda takes priority over the well being of the country, and it’s citizens. Greeeeeeeat!

Just one more reason I won’t watch or read anything from the msm’s.

capejasmine on October 16, 2010 at 7:25 PM

In the U.S., the fourth estate is effectively a fifth column.

I’m going to complain to my local paper weekly to dump Brooks as one of the “conservative” syndicated columnists that it carries. Brooks has no integrity and even less backbone.

BuckeyeSam on October 16, 2010 at 7:27 PM

betsyz on October 16, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Oh honey, I’m looking forward to it, and I’m kinda hoping to run into a black panther, or 2, and with Gods help, I’ll be pms’ing that day. Muwhahahahahaha

capejasmine on October 16, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Here’s a question for some sleuths: Did Brooks use the shovel-ready meme or close equivalent in his articles and on the Lehrer show after Obama had told him there was no such thing?

Dusty on October 16, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Related to Dem fiscal squandering: Look at the trillion dollar omnibus appropriations’ bill that the Dems are contemplating in the lame-duck session. Pork is still on the menu.

onlineanalyst on October 16, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Brooks didn’t just passively conceal an important story from his readers, he actively helped to promote the President’s lie.

Because even though he was politely disagreeing with the WH on the efficacy of all their stimulus spending, he was effusively praising Obama & his advisers to his readers as “brilliant” & treating their recovery plan (which by then he knew THEY even deemed to be fraudulent) as though it were a perfectly legitimate one which reasonable people of good faith could disagree upon. Brooks encouraged Americans to support their brilliant President with the well-creased mind, whom he called “the most realistic and reasonable major player in Washington”* even as he knew Obama was lying through his teeth, for implementing that spending under completely false pretenses.

Here we are close to a trillion dollars later, the economy completely paralyzed as a direct consequence of the manically reckless & utterly wasteful spending which Brooks’ idol has undertaken, with no end in sight, and he chuckles with Jim Lahrer about his own ABSOLUTE COMPLICITY in perpetrating this massive fraud by this White House against the American people.

Many, many thousands of people across the country have lost their jobs because of the contraction of activity in inevitable reaction to the insane levels of federal spending & this man is LAUGHING? He aided & abetted this White House in looting the treasury, destroying all those jobs & bankrupting this nation just so his friend Obama could get the thrill of putting one over on the bitter clingers and this man thinks it’s FREAKING FUNNY?

Jayson Blair didn’t help cost the American people hundreds of billions of dollars & hundreds of thousands of jobs, Dave, but you sure did, didn’t you.

Disgusting.

* hat tip to Ted C in the headlines thread on this story for finding that Brooks quote.

leilani on October 16, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Um i mis-spoke, uh taken out of context, I never said that. Look at what the Republican leadership has to say about shovel ready jobs!

Greed on October 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM

When will there be Congressional Hearings!

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Sometime in November i hope.

Greed on October 16, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I have a “shovel-ready” job in mind:

Someone bury Brooks.

StubbleSpark on October 16, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Obama Voters Lament. You Lied to Me.

Was it worth it in the end?

Key West Reader on October 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Any grown up who knows the first thing about developing property knew that “shovel ready” was a fraud. Most journalists knew it was a fraud. These people have reported on zoning, compliance and property development issues before. Brooks and the rest of them were complicit in the trillion dollar fraud that may ultimately destroy the USA as we’ve known it.

forest on October 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I have a “shovel-ready” job in mind:

Someone get that pile of crap off of MSM.

StubbleSpark on October 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM

What’s more important, shovel ready jobs, or the crease in the pants of a God?

Really Right on October 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I have a “shovel-ready” job in mind:

Someone bury Liberalism.

I could do this all day …

StubbleSpark on October 16, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Don’t make me look bad. Get out and vote. For me.

Key West Reader on October 16, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Suppose for a moment that Brooks went public. Do you think that Barack would have ‘fessed up, given that Brooks doesn’t appear to have it on tape or video, or do you think Obama would have mounted a smear-smear campaign to discredit Brooks?

Assuming, of course, that Brooks is telling the truth.

unclesmrgol on October 16, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I have a “shovel-ready” job in mind:

Someone get that pile of crap off of MSM.

StubbleSpark on October 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I have several photo albums (authentic) documenting the Great Depression. There are some guys with shovels, but they are burying our dead.

Key West Reader on October 16, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I also have a Bible that was published in 1792. It’s owned by a Missouri family that I haven’t been able to locate. It has birth and death records and all of the illustrations are done in actual silver hard print.

There are entries from the Civil War from a General Patton.

Key West Reader on October 16, 2010 at 8:03 PM

The only really shovel-ready project was cleaning up their BS!

How meta!

StubbleSpark on October 16, 2010 at 8:05 PM

There are entries from the Civil War from a General Patton.

Key West Reader on October 16, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Key West Reader:Wow,I’ve got a Finnish Bible dated at
1872!!:)

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 8:15 PM

what did the MSM know and when did they know it?

joeindc44 on October 16, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Everything.
For a couple of decades.

Lanceman on October 16, 2010 at 8:17 PM

There are entries from the Civil War from a General Patton.

Key West Reader on October 16, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Key West Reader:Lol,Patton,you is baaaaaaaaad,hehe!:)

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Obama lied and our economy died.

Brooks is guilty of being an accomplice to murder of the American economy.

ted c on October 16, 2010 at 8:36 PM