Rasmussen: Coons 51, O’Donnell 40

posted at 4:11 pm on October 15, 2010 by Allahpundit

Hope and change? It’s easily her best poll of the month. And yet…

The contest remains Solid Democrat in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Senate Balance of Power rankings.

Coons posted a similar 49% to 40% lead three weeks ago when Congressman Mike Castle whom O’Donnell defeated in the state GOP Primary was still pondering a write-in candidacy. Five percent (5%) supported Castle at that time. Castle has since announced that he will not run but has not endorsed O’Donnell, a conservative activist who remains a long-shot candidate in the traditionally moderate state.

The problem with drawing any grand conclusions from Ras this time is that his poll at the end of September was such an extreme outlier. That’s the only one since the primary to put her within single digits of Coons — and now, according to Rasmussen, she’s actually two points worse off than she was then. So we can spin this three ways: (1) The earlier poll was way off but today’s is accurate, in which case O’Donnell really has cut into Coons’s lead. (Note that the new poll was conducted yesterday, which means it should capture voter reaction to Wednesday’s debate.) (2) Both polls are accurate, in which case the net effect of the debate, the “I’m not a witch” ad, and the various Bill Maher-related nonsense is … a loss of two points. That’s an ominous trend, but on the bright side, at least she’s within 11 instead of 21. (3) Neither poll can be trusted at this point until we hear new numbers from other pollsters to see if they’re finding movement on her behalf too. The last is the prudent way to go, I think, especially since Rasmussen’s been using smaller samples than the other pollsters tracking this race. Check the scoreboard here: Ras polls 500 likely voters for his data whereas everyone else is polling a minimum of 700 LVs all the way up to a maximum of almost 1,200. The more people you poll, the lower the margin of error is. So maybe that’s the reason why she’s doing better in Rasmussen than elsewhere — in both of his polls since the primary, the higher margin of error could be inadvertently boosting her numbers. Like I say, we’ll have to wait for what the rest of the polling field says this weekend.

If she really is within 11, though, then the NRSC might have to think about a new ad purchase in the final week to give her a shot. And note that both Rasmussen and that Survey USA poll from a few days ago showing Coons with a 21-point lead have five percent of voters saying they’ll support a third-party candidate and somewhere between four and nine percent of voters undecided. That won’t matter if Coons is up, say, 12 points on election day, but if he’s only up six or seven and O’Donnell has momentum, who knows how they’ll break? Especially with Coons doing his best these days to come off as a patronizing tool. Exit quotation from Ted Kaufman, who was one of the speakers at today’s Obama/Biden rally for Coons in Delaware: “Kaufman says when Coons wins, he’ll be ‘the witch slayer.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

At this point it’s as if she’s not just running against Coon’s, Biden, and the Man-Child, but she’s also running against the GOP establishment.
If she were lto win it might mean an end to their relevance (GOP estb.) and at worst a further kick to the gut after being thrashed already by the Tea Party Movement.
This sore loser Castle A-hole should be publically taken to task if not out right ejected from the party.

cjk on October 15, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Meant at best not at worst.

cjk on October 15, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Look bub, the simple fact is O’Donnell is the Republican candidate … the only Republican candidate.

Nothing you say can change that fact. The primary is over and we’re just sitting on the sidelines, just like you.

darwin on October 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM

The other funny thing I find is that you are attacking Terrye for essentially being too unexcited for OD, even though she has said repeatedly OD is who she would vote for.

What exactly do you guys want Terrye to do? I thought I was at Hot Air not Daily Kos.

Here are some facts – OD is a poor candidate, she has failed miserably in living a life with conservative values. She is a publicity hound at best, and yes, you have to have an ego to get into this biz anyway.

Now, she has a good reputable poll – convince the Indies to give her a chance. If she cannot move them, then she gets from the National GOP what she deserves – zip.

And please save me the great Rove lament. He is a national political pundit – as well as driving fundraising for a conservative organization. If he calls OD a wasted nominee in the WSJ so what. He cannot state much other than what she was the minute she won the nomination. Maybe she just needs to strive to make him eat his words.

Zomcon JEM on October 15, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Maybe the whole GOP establishment needs to strive to make Rove eat his words, eh?

cjk on October 15, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I wish – but they are now too invested. People just being silly like we all are at times.

I want her to create the environment to convince them to overcome their pettiness and ignore her continued pettiness.

Zomcon JEM on October 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM

And I guess you missed the part where that was a reply to acomment about the PA race, not the DE race.

But then again, I’m guessing you’ve been having trouble keeping up most of your life, haven’t you?

JohnGalt23 on October 15, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I stand corrected as to WHICH race you were talking about, but it’s so hard to know when the same talking point it used all the time…how it’s “taking away” from other races. I love how we are not supposed to support the republican unless they are really, really close to the finish line…Didn’t know that it’s no use to give to a candidate that is working their ass off to win…

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 6:50 PM

You? Delusional??? Never!!!

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Wow, you have bowled me over with your indisputable intelliegence and sophistication – I am left speechless and defenseless over here from such an onslaught, the kind I’d receive from your average 2nd grader!

Yes, I do understand that whatever you say is the truth is the truth, dear, so you keep putting me in my place, I’ll keep believing everything you say about me, and I’ll act accordingly! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Holy crap! Throwing in murderers and child molesters to prove your delusional point??? Please, take your medications…now!

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 6:53 PM

darwin on October 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM

What is your opinion of Democrats who’d prefer someone like Fidel as a candidate over someone like Reagan? I’ll tell you, I have the same opinion of you that you do of them! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 6:56 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Quick, without looking it up – do you know what logical means? A hypothetical used to make a point in a debate?

Gawd, you are stupid! [shakes head, wondering how someone so unintelligent has the ability to string words together.]

I imagine if I met you, I’d be hearing you grunt as you tried to speak. :)

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 7:01 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Bizarro really earns his name and he never stops. He just keeps shrieking vulgar names and odd posts.

Just walk away.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Well, ok. It is afterall, your opinion.

Have a nice night.

darwin on October 15, 2010 at 7:04 PM

I think the people still criticizing OD for what I consider small potatoes (a lawsuit she DROPPED, it being LEGAL to pay yourself a salary from your campaign donations, etc.) should look at the bigger picture. Libs have sunk everything into retaining this particular senate seat. It currently looks winnable on a big wave night … which is exactly what’s being predicted. We need to dream big and not prematurely cede the battlefield.

In that vein, buck up or stay in the truck, you know?

alwaysfiredup on October 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Zomcon JEM on October 15, 2010 at 6:45 PM

No, it is not about the fact that she is not excited, it is the fact that those of you feel you need to repeat, ad nauseum the same, tired talking points over and over.
You sore losers can’t help but keep telling us the “facts”. And then you get upset if we tell you that we are tired of hearing the same thing over again. Jeeze, give it a rest. She is the candidate now. What are you going to do…not vote for her on principle? The very thing you are condeming us for?

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Just walk away.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Awww, does the poor baby not like a mirror being held in front of him, which shows him he is an uglier person than he fancies himself to be?

You’re a pathetic, gutless beta. Man up, and put your man pants on, whiner!

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM

This race is interesting because it’s about so much more than just O’Donnell and Delaware, or even Republican control of the Senate.

This race lays bare the divide in the Republican party between the Old Guard moderates who just want a good business environment, and the Reagan conservatives.

We’re in the middle now of a great RINO purge. It could not happen until the existing Republicans stumbled badly, losing control of the House, the Senate, and the White House, and by considerable margins in all three cases. As long as the Republicans were doing well, the same old people at the top were going to stay at the top, and nothing was ever going to change.

The conservatives stepped up and took control of the Republican party in the Reagan administration, but incompletely even then. Reagan beat Ford, a good man, but very much from the moderate Rockefeller wing of the Republican party. Reagan’s VP was from that same wing. Many of the Republican Senators and Representatives were the same. Conservatives put the Republicans back in charge, but the Republican party didn’t become truly conservative. The same people at the top kept winning the elections, because they could point at how liberal the Democrats were, and conservatives really had no choice but to vote against the Democrats.

The Democrats managed to get in power in 2006 by running “Blue Dog” candidates to the right of the incumbent Republicans. That alone should tell you that the conventional wisdom of establishment Republicans of winning votes by moving to the middle doesn’t work.

The only way the establishment Republicans were going to be moved aside was for them to start losing elections. Even now, they hope to harness the conservative base while forcing them to vote for squishy moderates, because the alternatives are radicals.

Obama winning the White House was a blessing in disguise — if we can survive it! — because all those squishy Republicans who were more liberal than their Democratic challengers had to go.

Castle really just represents a trend. His day is past. You can trash O’Donnell all you want, but she’s the candidate now because she’s the only one willing to fight as a conservative in Delaware. Maybe she’s flawed, but she’s got a great fighting spirit, staunch convictions, holds up under pressure, and is able to defend herself and hold her own in a debate.

In spite of her past problems, if she can pull out this election, then she will have earned her position as Senator.

Can she do it? Yes. It all depends on turnout.

tom on October 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I knew if I kept it to your level, you would understand. I knew intelligence and sopistication weren’t your strong suit, so I set the bar on low. I’m rather suprised that you knew such big words…your mommy must have helped you…

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Coons Lied Repeatedly In Debate With O’Donnell
First, one of the most ironic bits of information I found when researching behind last night’s debate, was that Coon’s original family filed bankruptcy and lost their home. Funny that all the critics of O’Donnell’s personal finances have never mentioned that.
His parents were forced to declare bankruptcy and sell their home in the mid-1970s after his father, a food industry executive, fell on hard times. His parents later divorced.
His Mother later remarried into money. If we’re going to use the same standard the media applies to Christine O’Donnell, perhaps we should assume the money was the only reason she remarried in the first place. Coons also bragged about his private industry experience – which is limited to his having worked for his stepfather at W. L Gore.
Coons lied when O’Donnell confronted him on how his family stands to profit from Cap and Trade, which will increase the need for newer technologies in the alternative energy area.
O’DONNELL: I’d like to know if your family business stands to have a financial gain if Cap and Trade is passed and if so, would you recuse yourself in the lame duck sessions from voting with Harry Reid?

COONS: Fascinating question. No, to the best of my knowledge there is no direct financial benefit. And I do think it’s important for folks in public office to conduct themselves ethically, to be transparent and to be accountable for decisions they make and for votes that they cast.
All one need do is check the website of Gore/Coons’ family firm. See here for much more.
Gore solutions are at the forefront of technical advancement in the energy-production industry. Products include filtration devices for demanding trash-to-steam energy production, membranes and electrodes for energy storage in batteries and capacitors, sensors for non-invasive geochemical hydrocarbon prospecting and membranes for superior fuel cell performance.
Finally, he also lied about his adoption of a Marxist ideology.
BLITZER: Because a lot of people remember, because they’ve learned in last few weeks you did once describe yourself when you were in college a long time ago as a bearded Marxist.
COONS: Great question, Wolf. I hope folks will go and read the article. It’s an article that I wrote as a senior the day of our commencement speech and the title and the content of that clearly makes it obvious that it was a joke.
Go read it, I posted it weeks ago. It was not a joke. He rejected Reagan and free markets, adopting a Marxist view, instead. Blitzer and his colleague put in one of the most biased peformances I’ve ever seen as moderators. And now the media is headlining that Coons claims O’Donnell wasn’t truthful. The fact is, Chris Coons lied repeatedly.
I came to suspect, through these and other courses, that the ideal of America as “a beacon of freedom and justice, providing hope for the world” was not exactly based in reality.
I realize that Kenya and America are very different, but experiences like this warned me that my own favorite beliefs in the miracles of free enterprise and the boundless opportunity to be had in America might be largely untrue.
The point that others ignore is that I was ready to change. Experiences at Amherst my first two years made me skeptical and uncomfortable with Republicanism, enough so that I wanted to see the Third World for myself to get some perspective on my beliefs. Certainly Kenya provided a needed catalyst; I saw there poverty, and oppression more naked than any in America, and I studied under a bright and eloquent Marxist professor at the University of Nairobi. Nevertheless, it is only too easy to return from Africa glad to be an American and smugly thankful for our wealth and freedom. Instead, Amherst had taught me to question, so in return I questioned Amherst, and America.
Some of the “Leftists” that I met early on were terrifyingly persuasive, although I never admitted that. A few became my friends and provided a constant nagging backdrop of doubt, for which I am now grateful. More importantly, during sophomore year, several professors challenged the basic assumptions about America and the world relations with which I had grown up. Cultural Anthropology inspired a fascination with other peoples, and undermined the accepted value of progress and the cultural superiority of the West.

From here.

alwaysfiredup on October 15, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Miss O’D has provided us a great litmus test as to who believes that the ends justify the means, and who doesn’t. Of course, those who have delusional perceptions of their virtue in this are will proceed to attack me for saying this, just like clockwork!

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Let me respond by offering a parable.

An army squad has been out on patrol, and they have spotted a significant encampment of the enemy, and see that they are preparing for a significant mobilization.

It is critical that the squad return to base camp to relay this information to their command, and as their radio has been damaged, they must deliver the information in person. There are two possible paths to return to base. One is significantly longer, with major diversions, and thus will delay the return to base significantly. It is, however, significantly safer, as there is little in the form of enemy presence along that path.

The other path is significantly riskier, as it passes several points very close to the enemy. The chance of discovery is much higher on this path unless they exercise strict discipline. Most of the squad prefers this route, since time is of the essence in getting this information back to base. Private Biza vehemently disagrees, and wants to take the much longer path.

The squad sets off down the riskier path, but Private Biza refuses to let the issue of his disagreement over the choice rest while the squad makes its way back to base. In fact, his complaints are so loud, and so constant, that the enemy is alerted to the presence of the squad. A firefight ensues, and the squad is wiped out without having delivered the vital information to their base.

As Private Biza dies, his last words to his dying squadmates are:

“See, I told you that this path was the wrong choice!”

VekTor on October 15, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I hope she wins just to piss off nut-cases like bizarro!

right4life on October 15, 2010 at 7:14 PM

You’re a pathetic, gutless beta. Man up, and put your man pants on, whiner!

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Says the boy, admiring hismself in his mother’s dress, in front of the mirror.

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM

You go girl, prove me wrong!

Boxy_Brown on October 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Awww, does the poor baby not like a mirror being held in front of him…

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Man, that is soo 6th grade “Christmas Story”! Bet your teeth are green too…

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Can she do it? Yes. It all depends on turnout.

tom on October 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM

This is the bottom line..Nothing more..nothing less!..;0

Dire Straits on October 15, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Have a nice night.

darwin on October 15, 2010 at 7:04 PM

To whatever degree you mean that, same to you! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Christine O’Donnell said that Coons was beatable when she was chastising the NRSC.

If she believes that she has to campaign like the dickens to start beating this guy… and screw the NRSC and the naysayers. Campaign hard, campaign non-stop and keep on pointing out the deep flaws in Coons.

You can have the spendthrift bearded Marxist or the woman who knows financial problems and worked her way through them.

I know which one I would vote for… but then I don’t live in DE. Perhaps they have a fetish for Marxism there.

ajacksonian on October 15, 2010 at 7:47 PM

In that vein, buck up or stay in the truck, you know?

alwaysfiredup on October 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Lying in a lawsuit about a college degree that never existed in an effort to get more money from those she sued is small potatoes to you? Well, it isn’t to all of us.

What do you think would happen to Miss O’D's poll #s if she came out and admitted that she behaved so immorally in that lawsuit? Do you think her forthcomingness would tend to help her because people would be impressed with her honesty, or do you think it would tend to hurt her if more people realized she was capable of such a stunt in the first place? In your opinion, does someone like me deserved to be attacked for the sole reason of believing that her actions weren’t as trifling as you find them to be, and that the lack of good judgement she showed is a flaw of enough significance that it should disqualify her from being considered a viable candidate?

If you don’t believe someone like me should be attacked over a simple disagreement of opinion like that, then why aren’t you ripping on those who are attacking people like me instead of silently standing by them? Or, if you do believe I should be attacked over such a disagreement of opinion, I’ll be frank and tell you that I find you to be an immature, unintelligent loser who can’t tolerate dissent.

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Here’s another one:

TCJ Research 10/14-10/15 Polls: Delaware Senate

Delaware Senate: 50%- (D)Chris Coons, 42%- (R)Christine O’Donnell, 5%- Undecided, 3%- Some other candidate

KittyLowrey on October 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

So some folks here prefer the Tax and Spend Marxist over the Republican choice. Oh my… perhaps you fine folks should just MoveOn.org to somewhere that suits your bizarre outlook a bit better. May I suggest Kos Kiddies for an appetizer?

Ogabe on October 15, 2010 at 8:10 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Says the boy, admiring hismself in his mother’s dress, in front of the mirror.

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Man, that is soo 6th grade “Christmas Story”! Bet your teeth are green too…

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 7:17 PM

You show once again that you are an articulate, well-developed, undefeatable opponent far beyond my ability to deal with, so I’ll say once again, whatever you say, dear, whatever you say…

Sarcasm aside, you clearly are starved for attention, whether it be positive or negative, you’re incapable of answering questions which would undermine your stances, and since I don’t believe in indulging people like you, I’ll tell you this about me! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Let me respond by offering a parable.

As Private Biza dies, his last words to his dying squadmates are:

“See, I told you that this path was the wrong choice!”

VekTor on October 15, 2010 at 7:13 PM

To be honest, I consider that to be a non sequitur to what I was saying.

My argument was more along the lines of, ‘If you’re a Christian facing the end of a rifle, and you’re told to either renounce your faith or give up your life, what would you do? Which track would be the more respectable one, in your opinion?’

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 8:19 PM

KittyLowrey on October 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

And here’s an earlier one from the same pollster during the same timeframe other polls had the 16-20 point gap:

TCJ Research 10/7-10/9 Polls

Delaware Senate: 53%- (D)Chris Coons, 38%- (R)Christine O’Donnell, 9%- Undecided

KittyLowrey on October 15, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 8:19 PM

You can only take my life, you cannot harm my soul… it is your soul that you will harm, not mine, do as you will.

Then do your level best to kick the idiot with the rifle who hasn’t learned to fire it at a distance, because he deserves the pain he will get up close and personal by not using his head and wanting to put you in that position. You can only die once… so can he, and he has just put the rifle within range of you.

ajacksonian on October 15, 2010 at 8:27 PM

MaxMBJ on October 15, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Movement? More like bowel movement.

O’Donnell will never win, but watching her embarrass the GOP has been endlessly entertaining.

bifidis on October 15, 2010 at 4:41 PM

But! Butt! WE’ve all seen with our very own eyes the many
times that the Pres displays his Bow movement in public! YUCK!

sweet pea on October 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Vindication draweth nigh…

SouthernGent on October 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM

If you think what I wrote was an attack then you have very thin skin.

She gets fired. She files a lawsuit claiming the firing was for an illegitimate reason (which, btw, happens ALL the time). She drops it a week later when she’s started coping with the firing, before the entity sued even has to file an answer. Nope, that’s small potatoes.

alwaysfiredup on October 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM

To be honest, I consider that to be a non sequitur to what I was saying.

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 8:19 PM

You should consider that I might have had a point, which need not tie directly to the particular argument you might be offering at the moment.

My point has to do with the overall behavior of you and many others on these threads, rather than your specific argument. It’s a bigger-picture idea.

The point of the parable is this: When set irrevocably upon a difficult path, the wise man will seek first to not make matters worse… while the fool will treasure giving voice to recriminations even unto death.

VekTor on October 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 7:07 PM

No – they aren’t tired. I know the truth hurts. Her EEOC suit is what is known in the business as a nuisance suit. Put it more plainly – I hire people for a living – I wouldn’t hire her because she hasn’t accomplished anything and is always making excuses. You don’t make money with people like that. She hasn’t lived her life as a conservative person so I don’t believe her words. She is a whiner and looking for someone else to blame. Explain how she actually paid her staffers in previous races or is that just all a mirage.

I have no doubt that she would be an improvement over Coons – as I noted. But Castle was a vote to repeal ObamaCare – Coons is not.

She needs to quit whining, get off her butt, and prove she is willing to work to win the seat. You are attributing to her a bunch of characteristics she has never demonstrated. You didn’t like Castle – great. I wasn’t real fond of him either. But I will take him over Coons rather than take a chance with a politician who mouths the correct words but is more likely than not unelectable in DE and who may or may not be a conservative anyway. If all you can say is that Castle was a RINO, wonderful, keep mouthing it. But OD is not a person with the sort of reputation I get real excited about and if she wasn’t running against what is essentially an openly avowed communist she wouldn’t be within 11. The fact that her opponent is that terrible and she still is behind by double digits says loads about her. Not me, her.

Zomcon JEM on October 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on October 15, 2010 at 7:55 PMZomcon JEM on October 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Coons is a despicable, lying, smug, bearded marxist who Harry Reid calls ‘his pet.’ You can smell his smarminess through the the TV. Whatever baggage COD carries, she can be the cancelation to whatever vote Al Franken takes, I would be thrilled with that.

tessa on October 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Um, I work for a campaign and don’t get paid. They’re called volunteers. Why is the issue of payment such a problem for a small campaign?

She needs to quit whining, …

Castle LOST. You don’t get him anymore. It’s over. You are the one still whining about him.

get off her butt, and prove she is willing to work to win the seat.

Sounds to me like she worked pretty hard at prepping for that debate.

Remains to be seen, if she can get five-6 points closer by election day that may be enough with the turnout.

But OD is not a person with the sort of reputation I get real excited about

People are more than their reputations, particularly when that reputation is spread by a political opponent.

True. But you seem to like talking about fairy tales. I recommend switching to nonfiction.

Zomcon JEM on October 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Well, she was down by 21 before the debate and is now only down by 11. I think it “says loads” that she worked hard to get ready and has a plan to keep moving the needle. It could be she closes all the distance. You are too certain of uncertain things.

alwaysfiredup on October 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM

She wins or loses on her own. That has been the Party establishment template, and oh how they don’t want her to get close enough that they’ll have to ante up.
Meanwhile she is getting closer to Palin status: even if she loses, she wins.

Randy

williars on October 15, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Bizzaro of Odo wins your head will explode.

(Nuttoboy can I say that??)

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I’ve got a novel idea. Let’s call this what it really is.

Welcome to the Expected O’Donnell SURGE!

DannoJyd on October 16, 2010 at 3:19 AM

How about spin #4: All the RINOs who have hurt her campaign are praying this isn’t happening and can’t bring themselves to admit she came up in the polls after winning the debate.

In my opinion, Rasmussen has be oversampling Dems, as have most of the pollsters. I expect they will all be adjusting their numbers right before the election because they want to keep their street cred and bragging rights.

Done That on October 16, 2010 at 6:07 AM

O’Donnell will lose. Americans are done with career politicians like O’Donnell. She’s run for office multiple times and even worked for the NRCC. If she’s not the establishment, I dont know what is. Get a real job, O’Donnell. No one wants you.

NoStoppingUs on October 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM

People are who their reputations are – and what they have done. They weren’t all volunteers – and the EEOC suit was an abuse by her making excuses for her release.

Yeah – you keep believing a person isn’t who everyone says they are, but sometimes everyone is right.

There are two issues – electing OD over Coons. I get that. Hope it happens -whatever we all write on the board here won’t make any difference because we are all invested and have read all sorts of everything on the race.

The second goes more to the quality of candidate she actually is. and another statement from her that makes those of us who were suspicious of her from the start have to fight back the vomit again after another stupid comment. You want to argue RINO go ahead – I am about as RINO as DeMint. He made a calculated risk in DE in going after Castle – I would have reconsidered because I want ObamaCare defeated. It’s merely a matter of tactics. Had OD been a better candidate great. I never had a moment hesitation about Angle in NV – although she is backtracking on her Dept of Ed statements which concerns me – I hope Murkowski gets slaughtered in Alaska after all and I rejoiced in Rubio destroying Crist – who is really the definition of scum.

If you cannot admit that OD is a terrible candidate – even though we want her to beat Coons – then we are no better than the wacko leftoids.

Zomcon JEM on October 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM

She will win. I have friends in DE who tell me so, and they are democrat. They are voting for CO, as well as Independents, the elderly, etc…They will not have enough dem’s who care to get out to vote on that day to stop it. It will be worth it for no other reason than to watch the expression on Rove and Krauthammer”s face… priceless.

shar61 on October 16, 2010 at 10:52 AM

NoStoppingUs on October 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Methinks someone who’s having a birthday soon ordered a urinal cake for themselves….

Lockstein13 on October 16, 2010 at 12:01 PM

NoStoppingUs on October 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Did you forget the sarc button, or are you that stupid?

Keemo on October 16, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Keemo on October 16, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Yes. Really.

kingsjester on October 16, 2010 at 12:37 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2010 at 6:50 PM

That commenter has ass wipe tattooed across it’s forehead.

Keemo on October 16, 2010 at 12:38 PM

kingsjester on October 16, 2010 at 12:37 PM

These creatures are in total implode mode…

Keemo on October 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Keemo on October 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Yep. No worse than the administration, though. Read my blog for today. Get the duct tape for your head first.

kingsjester on October 16, 2010 at 12:46 PM

To all concern trolls, Castle lost. If you’re upset, that’s understandable. But it’s wasted effort at this point complaining about it because the people have voted and did not want Castle.

BTW, good job on taking over each thread about COD. The left couldn’t ask for better trolls.

MrX on October 16, 2010 at 1:39 PM