Healthy-livin’ First Lady treats herself to burger and fries in Milwaukee

posted at 8:41 pm on October 15, 2010 by Allahpundit

The bad news? This’ll put a crimp in her next anti-obesity lecture. The good news? Once we finally get that VAT that all the smart kids are talking about, we can tax the hell out of fatty, savory treats. FLOTUS is just enjoying the all-American meal while she can, before it becomes prohibitively expensive for 50 percent of the population.

Seriously, though, her weakness for burgers and fries is well known by now. Who cares if she’s sneaking out of the White House to hit Five Guys every other day? She keeps a vegetable garden and supports cap and trade. Live and let live, wingnut! Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

For me but not for thee.

amerpundit on October 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Michelle says:

“Kids! This is not what you want to eat! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Get our damn hands away!”

BacaDog on October 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Five Guys rocks.

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 8:46 PM

You kind of have to drop the standard for the first lady, right? I mean, she’s pretty well liked and probably doesn’t know what she’s doing.

Bishop on October 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM

proud rino to comment in 5…4…3…

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Same thing as a fire and brimstone preacher sneaking out for a bit of strange. It’s the hypocrisy.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

How special of her, making sure there hasn’t been one photo of her in this burger snarf-fest in the media.

No photo? Never happened.

I am so sick of these preachy hypocrites.

tru2tx on October 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

It’s the hypocrisy.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

that’s all we are saying…

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Bishop on October 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Donkey-Kong butt!

AubieJon on October 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Seriously, though, her weakness for burgers and fries is well known by now.

And ribs and lobster, etc.

Seriously, is there even one public outing where she has modeled the “healthy eating” habits she sternly admonishes the peasants to adopt?

KittyLowrey on October 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Healthy-ljivin’ First Lady

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Leave her alone! Campaigning at a polling place can make someone work up an appetite. /s

joejm65 on October 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Poor woman looks like she’s lost a lot of weight? Poor thing must be starving. Probably can’t get decent food at the White House cafeteria, being government institutional food and all.

Skandia Recluse on October 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM

You can’t just heat your homes to 72 or have a fridge full of the foods you want to eat. President Baracky will require you to work and sacrifice.

Bishop on October 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Cut her some slack. A burger and fries has to be healthier than the sludge-tainted vegetables she’s growing in the White House garden. Wait, she’s donating those to poor people. Never mind.

joejm65 on October 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I hope the spirits in that burger joint were clean!

Weight of Glory on October 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM

F A T

C O W !

madmonkphotog on October 15, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Just make sure Mrs. Obama never tries to order a can of Coke in the people’s republic of San Francisco!

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom (who is currently running for Lt. Governor of California) doesn’t think Coke is healthy…Of course it is the beverage version of Coke that he doesn’t like!

When will these Control Freaks stop treating grown adults like children?

wren on October 15, 2010 at 9:01 PM

She’s a guaranteed multi-millionaire for life…she can afford all the burgers and fries she wants, not matter what they cost. Of course, she knows that…and so do we.

AUINSC on October 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Does Bloomberg know about all of the salt on that plate?

We know that Mee-Shell (ma belle) is ignorant of polling place protocol/law, former lawyer that she is, but her hypocrisy exceeds her grasp of nutrition.

onlineanalyst on October 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Michelle Antoinette managed to leave her personal chef at home this time around?

Bishop on October 15, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Just another Marie Antoinette moment…I can do what I want, but the peasants can’t.

I bet she wishes the clothing styles from that era were still fashionable…the big skirts would hide her big butt.

Hobbes on October 15, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Was there a photo of her HUGE caboose…shelve worthy proportions ?

No outrage that she said her kids were fat but no mention of her?

Sorry, OT, I am guilty of spamming: NO outrage anywhere that I can see re IL and NY service people being deprived of their vote. Sorry, I take this personally…I have been in EBF hell hole and was able to vote while serving.

Dingbat63 on October 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM

If she weren’t so preachy about how the rest of us should live, this wouldn’t even be a story. However, in typical statist fashion, she believes that the rest of us are incapable of balancing our eating habits without her interference, while, she of course, is in absolute mastery of her own situation and can wisely choose to occasionally indulge herself.

That, my friends is what really rubs me the wrong way — that attitude and condescension.

AZfederalist on October 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Typical Allahpundit inanity:

Ummm, you apparently care. But no one at the White House said we should never eat junk food. Alas, I always forget you’re congenitally unable to think in anything but either/or formulations.

And from the looks of Michelle’s bod (compared to most wide-bellied Hummer-drivin’ Tea Partiers), I think it’s patently obvious you’re making stuff up again.

bifidis on October 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM

AllahPundit, you need to update with Junk Food Junkie by Larry Groce

It was released in 1976 — truly the 1970s are back! With stagflation and an incompetent boob in the White House.

rbj on October 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Shhhhhhhhh. Hush ya’ll.

The First Faux Pas eats all kinds of great food. You just wouldn’t know it because she wears the gutbelt to hide it. Her aides are working on the buttbelt which will help to hide the all that stuff the gutbelt can’t.

Now, eat your carrots and tofu and STFU, you rubes.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Yeah, nothing new about this. It’s rare to find a pic of her not eating ice-cream or burgers. She’s like the ice-cream bandit or something the way she’s always scarfing it down.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Mooch(for mooching off the tax-payers)-elle Obama.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on October 15, 2010 at 9:10 PM

There are at least two instance of MO with cheesburgers in this brief video:

No Niks on October 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

As much as I want to criticize her, she isn’t a fat pig. If a skinny person tells fat slobs to stop eating fast food, its not hypocritical for that skinny person to go and eat fast food. The fat people need to lose the weight so their horse sized hearts dont implode on their next trip from the kitchen to the bathroom.

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

This “I can eat ice-cream, but you can’t” attitude is what directly led to “I can break election laws in IL, but you can’t”. All one and the same.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I hope the spirits in that burger joint were clean!

Weight of Glory on October 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM

at least they got rid of their boogers.

ted c on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Michelle said she needed burgers and fries to “keep the spirits clean around us.”

petefrt on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

OMG, you must need glasses! STAT! MO might be a lot of things, but “skinny” she is not, at least not since inauguration, she’s steadily gained ever since then.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on October 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I have a better idea.

Mind your own damn business and let others go to hell in whatever fashion they choose.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I have been duly chastened. Well, me and my genes.

Allahpundit on October 15, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Aslans Girl on October 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM

She isn’t a pig either. She is from every picture I have seen, a very healthy weight.

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:17 PM

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Then make fat people get fat people insurance so that their fifteen heart attacks don’t continue to drive up my rates.

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM

As much as I want to criticize her, she isn’t a fat pig. thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

You are absolutely right. She isn’t a fat pig. She’s just facing the biggest, toughest flabulous challenge of her life as the FLOTUS. With all those cooks and servants, flabulous trips to flabulous locations with all that flabulous food? Who wouldn’t be flabulous? Sheesh!

Make that your talking point spin tomorrow on MSNBC. Your 12 viewers will appreciate it.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I own MSNBC because I didn’t criticize Michelle Obama? Where do you guys get your meds from, cause they are obviously very powerful.

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:21 PM

…compared to most wide-bellied Hummer-drivin’ Tea Partiers), I think it’s patently obvious you’re making stuff up again.

bifidis on October 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Please provide your statistics on the number of Tea Party members who have a BMI in the wide-bellied range. The word “most” makes it sound like you’re making shit up again.

BacaDog on October 15, 2010 at 9:22 PM

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Before Obama they did.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 9:22 PM

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:21 PM

You own MSNBC? Really? That’s good to know.

I didn’t criticize her either. I think she is absolutely flabulous. What’s wrong with that, Keith?

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:23 PM

For me but not for thee.

amerpundit on October 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Dude, that’s my line.

For the record, I made pizza tonight (yes, my own). And I grew the basil, tomatoes and onions that went on top.

JammieWearingFool on October 15, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I heard one high school girl say to another the other day. “You shut your Michelle Obama mouth.”

kahall on October 15, 2010 at 9:26 PM

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Before Obama they did.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Uh…yeah, that’s how insurance works. If you’re a greater risk, you pay more into the “pool”. Now Obeyme and the rest of the disciples of Karl Marx are changing that. My condolences to you young people.

oldleprechaun on October 15, 2010 at 9:26 PM

kahall on October 15, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Funny. I never see any Oshirts at the High School anymore.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:29 PM

No wonder MO is such a cOw.

Dandapani on October 15, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Let’s leave her be. Takes a lot of fat grams and calories to keep that booty up, if you know what I mean.

TXUS on October 15, 2010 at 9:31 PM

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Your self hate is sad to see, Fatty.

portlandon on October 15, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Although the flabulous thing really had me in stitches it’s not true. She is thick… not fat and flabby.

ReneePA on October 15, 2010 at 9:36 PM

2 Ho-Ho’s brand snack cakes
1 large milkshake
1 glass fresh water with lemon wedge

/Flabulous!

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM

bifidis on October 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Really, then I guess we weren’t hearing what we were hearing, change what you make i.e., telling food vendors what they should and should not offer

Telling everybody what to eat: Childhood Obesity

WE need to make changes

The list could go on.

AZfederalist on October 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Seriously? The stupidity you all went through in the headlines wasn’t enough? You want to go through this again?

No one ever said, “You can’t eat burgers.” You can be healthy, and you can still occasionally eat a cheeseburger.

Although I’m starting to understand why we have an obesity problem in this country. Apparently you people can’t understand the difference between occasionally eating a cheeseburger and constantly stuffing your face with whatever you disgusting people stuff your face with.

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

oldleprechaun on October 15, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Exactly. That’s the way it should be. That way someone else doesn’t have to carry the burden for anyone else’s behavior.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Y’all are all missing the point. A burger and fries are no big deal. It’s the HAPPY MEAL that’s the problem, because it’s got the toy in it. Michelle did the right thing: she went and had slow food at a diner, sans toy. I mean, really. This isn’t that hard to keep up with.

J.E. Dyer on October 15, 2010 at 9:40 PM

thphilli on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Ever hear of Jim Fixx ? Your thought process is simplistic. Not surprising coming from a PaulNut.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 9:40 PM

slow news day eh

Zekecorlain on October 15, 2010 at 9:41 PM

bifidis

If a preacher often sermonizes that it’s bad to cheat on a spouse and makes it his signature issue and he is caught cheating, he might object “I didn’t say that one should never cheat on a spouse.” Well, yeah, but that’s a pretty weak defense.

shazbat on October 15, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I am happy for her.

rob verdi on October 15, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Yeah!

Ain’t freedom grand?

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 9:41 PM

proud rino to comment in 5…4…3…

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

You are late whack job.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Enterpreneurial idea!

Open a fried everything booth at your State or County Fair. Fried fish, fried shrimp, fried butter, fried pancakes, fried hamburgers, fried snickers bars, fried coke, fried donutes, fried green tomatoes, fried pork rinds, fried biscuits, fried potatoes, fried pizza, fried corn dogs, fried sh*t on a stick.

Your sign reads: The White House Says “YOU CAN’T HAVE THIS”

Instant millionaire.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:42 PM

You are late whack job.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I don’t know if you want to get into an argument with me about who spends more time on the internet, loser.

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:44 PM

@shazbat I would assume then that you find Newt Gingrich and Limbaugh to be unlikely moral crusaders and Hillary and Bill champions of marital endurance?

Zekecorlain on October 15, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I wonder if someone is genetically inclined to be fat , have heart disease, or cancer should they too pay higher insurance rates?

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:44 PM

For sure it is you. I have a job.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Don’t you dare try to tell me what to eat you sniveling whipper snapper!

/McDonald’s is going to do away with their Super Size brand and will have to re-name it. “Would you like that Obama-sized”? heh. I love messing with little punks like you.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

PR I do love how I torque you …too easy. Thank you, thank you very much. What a maroon.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Key West, I noticed there was no cream in her coffee. Black and bitter eh?

ReneePA on October 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

shazbat on October 15, 2010 at 9:41 PM

But cheeseburgers aren’t necessarily bad for you. It’s eating them all the freaking time that’s what’s bad for you. It’s always bad to cheat on your spouse.

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:47 PM

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 9:44 PM

What does it matter if nature handed you a bag of poo as regards to your genes. The insurance guys still have to pony up the cash to cover you when you get sick.

Life isn’t fair.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Proud Rino… you take yourself waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

ReneePA on October 15, 2010 at 9:48 PM

For sure it is you. I have a job.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 9:45 PM

1. If you do, you’re not very good at it, because you’re posting on the site every single time I come on here.

2. I have a job and I do quite well, but classy of you to make jokes about how people are unemployed during the worst recession of most of our lifetimes. Congrats for that.

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM

“Would you like that Obama-sized”? heh.
Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

good one :)

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I think most people understand that our betters shouldn’t concern themselves with what we stuff our face with.

lorien1973 on October 15, 2010 at 9:51 PM

What kind of person is proud to be a RINO anyway?

ReneePA on October 15, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Key West, I noticed there was no cream in her coffee. Black and bitter eh?

ReneePA on October 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

No. Most coffee shouldn’t be bitter if the beans are raised right and nurtured. If you don’t add cream it’s low fat.

Now, if you are like me, around 3pm every day I’m craving the giant McDonald’s iced coffee, extra cream and 3 splenda’s but hey. I digress.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

OK, the white house is blogging with us this evening. “you disgusting people” was the giveaway phrase.

Either that, or it’s Leona Helmsley speaking from her grave.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Come on guys, lay off Myshell Antoillette. She’s master of her domain.

She’s the boss queen in the white house.

Dhuka on October 15, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Speaking of McDonalds, have you heard of the new Obama Unhappy Meal?

You order anything you want and the guy behind you in line pays for it.

Bishop on October 15, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Yeh I was making fun of others who don’t have jobs. Yeh that is what I said. /

You’re hilarious and your dishonest tactics never change.

You know what else is weird -every time I am on here I run into you . Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. What an idiot.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

If she wants to be a role model for healthy eating, why is it the only time she is seen eating healthy foods, is when it’s staged. On all her personal outings, she’s eating junk food. Reminds me of when Obama says “we all have to sacrifice”, then takes 8 vacations!

TN Mom on October 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Bishop on October 15, 2010 at 9:57 PM

lolol

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM

lorien1973 on October 15, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Really good thoughts here. Ever drink antifreeze? I heard it’s pretty sweet. Don’t let our totalitarian government prevent you from doing what you want, bro.

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM

fried sh*t on a stick

I’m not ordering that. I’ll stick with the mini donuts.

Bishop on October 15, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Speaking of McDonalds, have you heard of the new Obama Unhappy Meal?

Bishop on October 15, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Yup. There’s also the brandie new ObamaLine at the supermarket now, too. Some folks in front of you come up short with cash and can’t pay the whole bill and start to put things back… like milk and eggs. And try to save face.

It sucks living in the age of obama.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Hahahahahaahhaa

The idiot PR needs Big Gov to tell her to not drink Antifreeze. Friggin hilarious. It appears PR has drank just enough antifreeze to know and to do brain damage.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Barack Hussein Obama.

Michelle Hypocrite Obama.

Cheeburgah cheeburgah cheeburgah!

profitsbeard on October 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

We can’t all afford to bring our private chef along when we visit Spain with 40 of our closest friends. Or even visiting the nearby Hamptons. Or even dream of having a private chef.

Bishop on October 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Glad to know you need someone to tell you not to kill yourself. How do you ever function?

lorien1973 on October 15, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Why do you hate freedom?

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 10:04 PM

lorien1973 on October 15, 2010 at 10:03 PM

If you call what she does functioning.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Wow.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM

PR thinks everyone is stupid then wonders why many on the right call her kind and the libs elitist.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Wow.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Scary eh. You can really see how the tard thinks.

CWforFreedom on October 15, 2010 at 10:07 PM

The bad news? This’ll put a crimp in her next anti-obesity lecture.

Isn’t it weird how some people manage to eat a single cheeseburger and don’t become obese? How does that even work, man?

Proud Rino on October 15, 2010 at 10:08 PM

She also treated herself to violating Illinois law by campaigning in a polling place!

The amazing thing is that the majority of Chicago media, from the Tribune to the Sun Times to frigging WGN-Radio were virtually silent on the matter.

If it hadn’t been for the Drudge Report covering the story, I doubt anyone would have been even remotely aware of what she had done!

pilamaye on October 15, 2010 at 10:12 PM