Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on October 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

“In a seeming twist on the post-1994 midterm calculation made by President Bill Clinton — when Republicans pummeled Democrats in the congressional election — Obama said he thinks Republicans will have to move in his direction no matter the outcome of the Nov. 2 vote.

“‘It may be that regardless of what happens after this election, they feel more responsible,’ he is quoted saying in the Sunday edition of The New York Times Magazine, ‘either because they didn’t do as well as they anticipated, and so the strategy of just saying no to everything and sitting on the sidelines and throwing bombs didn’t work for them, or they did reasonably well, in which case the American people are going to be looking to them to offer serious proposals and work with me in a serious way.’

“Accusing the public of mistaking his abilities, the president also told the magazine that he’s a little taken aback that voters are disappointed with the current turn of events in his administration.”

***
“There were no ‘boxers or briefs’ questions at this MTV town hall.

“Rather, President Obama faced challenging, informed and thought-provoking questions over the course of his hour-long town hall MTV hosted with CMT and BET in Washington today…

“One person responded to a question on what their greatest fear is, saying, ‘My greatest fear is that Obama will be reelected.’

‘Oh no,’ Obama responded with a smile.”

***
“So, my question to you is: Why should we still support you going forward with your economic policies and if the economic does not improve over the next years, why should we vote you back in?” Click the image to watch.

***
Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

FIFY.

Lanceman on October 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Thanks..I believe you did fix it..:)

Dire Straits on October 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Pirated films impact my career.

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

And you call yourself a Libertarian! ;D

Lanceman on October 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Pirated films impact my career.

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

You are right..It is not right to do it because it does effect a lot of folks in your business..I understand fully..Music is even worse..

Dire Straits on October 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

“Accusing the public of mistaking his abilities”

Sh/t thats what got him elected in the first place.

Greed on October 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

That picture cracked me up…

CCRWM on October 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM

And you call yourself a Libertarian! ;D

Lanceman on October 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I loves me some freedom, but some sh!t’s not for free!

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Nov 3rd is going to be a big wake up call not only to the dems but the entire DC establishment. It will truly be a new world order on that day…

unseen on October 15, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Music is even worse..

Dire Straits on October 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

My father said, “screw the music producers, they screwed us for years when we transferred to CDs.” But he saw the film folks as a different breed and left them alone.

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:14 AM

unseen on October 15, 2010 at 12:14 AM

unseen:The movie, When Worlds Collide -1951 -Movie Trailer
comes to mind!:)
==========================

canopfor on October 15, 2010 at 12:21 AM

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I think some site for downloading/streaming movies and music have been shut down but it has also gotten to the point that it almost like playing “whack a Mole”..Basically all you need is a movie title and Google..

Dire Straits on October 15, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I loves me some freedom, but some sh!t’s not for free!

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM

John, when a smiley face with a wink appears at the end of the sentence, you get the idea.

Now I gotta go to bed. I’m expecting an unemployment check and I need to be up at the crack of noon. ;)

Lanceman on October 15, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Anyone know where I can rent “Centurion”? Dying to see the CGI fighting and I can’t find it anywhere; not Blockbuster, not Redbox, not Mr. Movies.

I’ll send a genyoowine glob of Harley grease to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Bishop on October 14, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Bishop: You probably have to down load it!!

If I found it,I want grease from a,–:)
===============================================

Memorable Motorcycles Honda 350

======================================================

canopfor on October 15, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Lanceman on October 15, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Lanceman:I hear ya,g’a nite!!:)

canopfor on October 15, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Alrighty,I’m off too,Goodnight All:)

canopfor on October 15, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Lanceman on October 15, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Didn’t even need the smiley face, I got your drift. ;)

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:29 AM

That picture cracked me up…

CCRWM on October 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM

For some reason i keep picturing the mike as one of those giant lolly pops.

Greed on October 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I think Obama was thinking about Lindsey Graham when he said the Republicans would have to move in his direction. BARF!!!

mobydutch on October 15, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Basically all you need is a movie title and Google..

Dire Straits on October 15, 2010 at 12:24 AM

It’s the whole reason films have gotten to be more “events”. Avatar is a direct expression of that. When you make the film a huge theatrical event, then some pirated download is just some weak paltry thing for story’s sake and you don’t get the full thrust of the experience. No doubt, pirating is affecting the artistry.

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:29 AM

john I also would like to point out that I was not going to give out the website online to Bishop..I was only going to point him in a general direction..After thinking about your post I will not give it out to anyone online because you are right..That does affect folks livelyhood..:)

Dire Straits on October 15, 2010 at 12:35 AM

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Nice post..I see what you mean..:)

Dire Straits on October 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM

John the Libertarian on October 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Why don’t they try going with a decent story rather than a big budget extravaganza? I am often amazed at how cheap some rather good movies can be produced at, and how bad some very expensive films turn out to be. Eat, Pray, Love cost $60m and was pure garbage. I wonder how many films could have been made from that amount of money and I suspect the profit would have been greater as well.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Whatever you say, chief.

justltl on October 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Most shameless attack campaign (national). President Obama suggesting that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is secretly using foreign money to fund its campaign ads. There’s not a shred of evidence that this is true. When Bob Schieffer asked David Axelrod for evidence, he responded, “Well, do you have any evidence that it’s not, Bob?” That’s like some lunatic claiming that Obama secretly says Muslim prayers at night that no one can see and no one can hear. You ask: What’s your evidence? He says: What’s yours that he is not? You say: No one’s ever seen or heard him do that. He says: Aha, that’s exactly my point.

Schadenfreude on October 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I don’t think young Adam was a plant but I find fearless leader’s answers interesting. W/out any hesitation he started rattling off job loss stats for several months.
I think I have an above average knowledge of WWII history. However I would need to know which battles we were going to discuss and have about five minutes to get my thoughts together. How was obama able to know those numbers so quickly? Never mind—I guess he is just smarter than me.

arnold ziffel on October 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

It never dawns on him that were it not for the unseriousness of those voters, he might still be a one-term junior senator from Illinois.

You know, I actually believe my own bull-,” Obama told the author of Renegade: The Making of a President, Richard Wolffe.

Exactly. And that’s why he’s gotten into this mess.

Schadenfreude on October 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM

ROFLMAO! 0bama looks scared shitless in the photo!

long_cat on October 15, 2010 at 1:27 AM

In that RCP video, this jackass Obama, lied to the audience, to the country, to the world.

Kini on October 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM

I wonder how many staff meetings to decide he should wear a suit and tie on MTV.

Marcus on October 15, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Barry….the ALCS and then the Series is coming up. Butt into that and you and your party will need an island someplace.

Limerick on October 15, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Oh and Allah….don’t go all twisted up inside about tomorrow. Texas will be friendly. We have a Motel6 reserved for the Yanks. It even has an ice machine.

Limerick on October 15, 2010 at 2:27 AM

If Mitch McConnell becomes the Senate Majority leader – then Republicans WILL … let me say that again … THEY WILL … move toward Obama.

Oh … yes Sir! You just watch and see! Obama is not just whistling Dixie here. McConnell compromised with the Dims before and he’ll do it again. And he’ll do it – if for no other reason – than to throw cold water on the Tea Party movement.

Jim DeMint? Hell – Obama is going to play hell with a Republican Senate led by DeMint. DeMint is the man of the hour – he’s the hope of the party – the one that can bring it all together in one big dynamic package in 2012 – even if he doesn’t run for POTUS.

But will DeMint become the majority leader?

God – I pray so.

HondaV65 on October 15, 2010 at 3:34 AM

But will DeMint become the majority leader?

God – I pray so.

HondaV65 on October 15, 2010 at 3:34 AM

I wouldn’t worry about McConnell becoming Senate majority leader.

We’re not going to take the Senate this year.

At best, we’ll deadlock.

Figure, we’re assured to pick up:

1. Toomey
2. Buck
3. Raese
4. Portman
5. Johnson
6. Coats
7. Boozman
8. Hoeven

Even if we snag one of: Nev., Cal., WA, Ill., or CT., that’s 50/50 at best.

Angle may very well pull it off in Nevada.

WA. and Ill. are going to be stolen no matter what and I’m not betting much on the intellect of Cal. or CT. voters right now (and I AM a CT. voter) so 50/50 is the best we’re going to get.

Deadlocking the Senate now, forcing not only the Dems but the Obama White House itself via tie-breakers where McConnell, Brown, the Maine sisters, Shamnesty, McVain or Murky (I’ve never wanted a politician from the GOP to lose worse than I want that insufferable, elitist hag to.) can’t be bought to OWN everything that goes through the Senate.

Miller wins, the list of “I can be bought” GOP Senators just shrinks to six.

Snowe Job’s probably a good target for a primary defeat in ’12 and there will be PLENTY of seats for the taking in 2012 as the Dems have to defend 21, 10 of which I see as bankable pick ups.

Believe me when I tell you, the GOP majority that’s seated in the Senate in 2013 AIN’T going to be Mitch McConnell supporters.

It’s going to be DeMint’s Senate.

Look on the bright side: With that Big Red House, maybe the RINOs in the Senate might think twice about “bi-partisan” efforts if it means being the only person from their state (or a minority at best) to support a Dem Senate !@#$ sandwich.

In the event that we DO pick up the Senate, it becomes paramount that we make the GOP understand that we simply not accept McConnell as Majority Leader.

First, we do it by telling them directly, via e-mails and phone calls.

If that doesn’t work: EMBARGO ON!

Not. One. Penny.

Call it the NOPe movement.

SuperCool on October 15, 2010 at 5:38 AM

I see that the Titanic has finally noticed the iceberg. Of course, only 1/8th of the iceberg is visible.

percysunshine on October 15, 2010 at 6:33 AM

=======================================================

Going back to November 4th 2008,and seeing how high the
MSM elevated Hopey to SaintHood,and now,in less than 2
years Changey has Hari-Kari’d almost every Lefty polit
iacn in the entire DNC!!

This Title is Hopeys Administration Day 1!
==========================================

Obama Elected President as Racial Barrier Falls
————————————————

By ADAM NAGOURNEY
Published: November 4, 2008

Barack Hussein Obama was elected the 44th president of the United States on Tuesday, sweeping away the last racial barrier in American politics with ease as the country chose him as its first black chief executive.

The election of Mr. Obama amounted to a national catharsis — a repudiation of a historically unpopular Republican president and his economic and foreign policies, and an embrace of Mr. Obama’s call for a change in the direction and the tone of the country.

canopfor on October 15, 2010 at 6:54 AM

canopfor on October 14, 2010 at 11:43 PM

thanks! will check it out…

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 7:17 AM

.uʍopǝpısdn sı ɐɔıɹǝɯɐɯɐqo

RandyChandler on October 15, 2010 at 7:33 AM

canopfor on October 14, 2010 at 11:43 PM
===================
thanks! will check it out…

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 7:17 AM

cmsinaz:Check out this life sobbing story of how great Harry
is,and why it is sooooo important to get him back to
DC to do the good work!!

Nothing about Politics!!)
=========================================
VoteVets.org Ad – Highway – Nevada

canopfor on October 15, 2010 at 7:42 AM

VoteVets.org Ad – Highway – Nevada

canopfor on October 15, 2010 at 7:42 AM

*puke* Harry ‘the war is lost’ reid really thinks this will do the trick?

noticed the comments below, all praise for reid…

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 7:50 AM

SuperCool on October 15, 2010 at 5:38 AM

I don’t think it’s a good idea to say anything is for sure right now.
Right now it looks like Wa is going to Rossi, throw in NV and one other state and you’ve got it.

We’re 2-3 weeks out and things are moving in the GOP’s direction, I think.

It’s very possible the r’s could get the senate. Anything can happen now and in the next 2 weeks.

B Man on October 15, 2010 at 7:54 AM

These just might be the Quotes of the Year.

BTW, this is a minor point, but someone needs to tell the MTV dude with the mike that it’s rude to wear a hat indoors (and that as fashion statements go it’s an epic fail).

Buy Danish on October 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM

A black guy slamming Obama at a BET event. That guy has some big cajones.

SoulGlo on October 14, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Black youth unemployment is incredibly high — something like 30% or more, IIRC.

If the economy remains in the dumper for years, which seems likely given Obama’s job-crushing policies, I wonder if we’ll start hearing a revival of those whispered complaints from some prominent blacks (during the early primaries) about Obama not being “authentically” black (because he had a white mother, was raised by his white grandparents, attended primarily white and expensive private schools, etc.).

Wouldn’t it be ironic if the race card ended up being played against Obama, for a change.

AZCoyote on October 15, 2010 at 8:46 AM

It does not matter how many jobs were lost before he took office or anything else that happened prior to him coming to office; what matters is what did the President do to correct the problem and was the problem corrected?

The bottom line is, the President (and Congress) took the wrong action to correct the problem and the problem has not been corrected.

If we would have had a different President and Congress would the problem have been corrected? Just as Obama can make his unprovable “saved jobs” claim, one can claim a different President and Congress would have solved the problem.

albill on October 15, 2010 at 8:49 AM

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 12:49 AM

I have to agree with you. I watched, really by accident, some Abbot and Costella bits on youtube a few days ago. Pure comedic genius. they were so funny I had forgotten what it was like. Then, a question occurred to me. Where have all the old movies gone? I started to think about all the different old movies I watched growing up and they are no where. The old Bowery Boys flicks. Bob Hope movies. On and on but when you turn on the TV, all you see are the same movies being repeated over and over. They have put the God Father series on at least 20-30 times each year. I have several hundred channels and all there is is crap.

JellyToast on October 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Who is the tool in the Eartha Kit blackspoitation cap, and why would he think it’s ok to hug the temporary custodian of the oval office?

Alden Pyle on October 15, 2010 at 9:19 AM

AP, you gotta save that picture for the morning of Nov. 3rd and as the results roll in on NOV. 2! He is clutching that mic like a security blanket.

tims472 on October 15, 2010 at 9:51 AM

canopfor on October 15, 2010 at 7:42 AM
======================
*puke* Harry ‘the war is lost’ reid really thinks this will do the trick?

noticed the comments below, all praise for reid…

cmsinaz on October 15, 2010 at 7:50 AM

cmsinaz: Gack,no kidding,its his bio me thinks!
Harrys a sweet guy,send him back,what
nerve!!:)

canopfor on October 15, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Hey Allah,

The Photo you used for the President for this post looks like a Deer meeting headlights was that intentional?

Dr Evil on October 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM

JellyToast on October 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Precisely.

The cost of computer generated imagery has gone down so they could do a great deal on less than they used to. I should be possible.

I think a lot of movie making has become a way for the in group to make a living rather than an actual investment. That doesn’t mean they don’t want to make money, but the actors want their cut, the unions want theirs and all the companies involved in production as well as friends, and hanger-ons climb aboard.

They are left with such a large investment that they want a sure hit and choose the safest route. They copy old films, make a film from a comic book series with an assured following, or go for the formula movies we all know and increasingly choose not to watch.

sharrukin on October 15, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Well. What did BO say? (No, I won’t watch his video. Cannot stand to listen to him. Never could.)

Dandapani on October 17, 2010 at 7:46 AM