Obligatory: Whoopi and Behar fight with O’Reilly, storm off set of “The View”

posted at 4:15 pm on October 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler, I almost take them seriously enough to care. No, just kidding: I don’t remotely take them seriously enough to care. But “The View” is as much a part of Hot Air lore as Humpbot or “dude” headlines or dopey atheism posts, so when a magical moment happens on the set, we. are. there.

O’Reilly’s sin here is to say that 9/11 was perpetrated by Muslims rather than by Muslim extremists, an offense so egregious to Behar that her delicate conscience had to be removed from his presence. Funny thing: That same conscience never trembled when leftist moron Rosie O’Donnell dropped dark hints about 9/11 being an inside job on a regular basis on the show. In other words, fail to specify which view of Islam the hijackers held and Behar’s apt to need smelling salts; suggest that the attack wasn’t perpetrated by Muslims at all and … not a twitch. You’re a good liberal, Joy. Say, I wonder what happens on Joy’s talk show when lefty guests deride “the tea party” as racist, violent, anti-gay, etc etc? Does she walk out then too in indignation at the guests’ refusal to properly qualify which tea partiers they mean? I’d check the tapes, except … see the first paragraph above.

As for Whoopi, she chimes in with ye olde left-wing canard about Timothy McVeigh being a Christian. It’s not true — unlike the hijackers, neither he nor his motive were religious — but no amount of persuasion will get liberals to give up that talking point. It’s too useful in drawing false equivalencies when jihadists attack. Anyway, O’Reilly duly apologizes and clarifies what he meant and the two “hosts” duly return, content that he’s been properly chastened, and all’s well that ends well. Note to O’R: Next time you’re on, suggest that Bush blew up the Towers as a pretext for starting a war with Iraq. See if anyone leaves. I know which way I’m betting.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Good for O’Reilly for sticking to his guns. The joyless hag can’t handle disagreement.

darwin on October 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Pity I missed it….

lexhamfox on October 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I can’t stand Bill, but anything that can get those 2 pompous, no talent old bags all huffy is golden in my eyes!

search4truth on October 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Traffic gold.

Grow Fins on October 14, 2010 at 4:19 PM

It was just an excuse for them to go eat.

brewcrew67 on October 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Typical Liberals
When confronted with facts they spew silliness and when called on it they just leave
TYPICAL

ELMO Q on October 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Like Tevye in the Fiddler? “Tradition, tradition….”

Sometimes it’s overrated.

SteveMG on October 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but I can believe that this was staged.

Vyce on October 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Oh, my ears!

I think they are cheering the fact that Whoopie and Joy have left the studio.

LASue on October 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Amazing what these self-righteous twits will and will not tolerate. And yes I used twits because the word I wanted to use might get me banned.

Grayson on October 14, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Whoopi: But they weren’t Muslim Muslims, right?

jwolf on October 14, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Anyone else notice the improvement to the show with those two off the set?

chewydog on October 14, 2010 at 4:23 PM

They don’t like that he said Muslims killed people on 9/11? Was it 19 Amish people that flew those planes? 19 farmers? 19 Wall St. bankers? 19 Christians/ Catholics/ Mormons/Protestants? No. Let’s see. Was it 19 little old ladies? 19 babies in strollers? NO.

It was 19 Muslims whether they like it or not. I’m smart enough to see a pattern!

Oink on October 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but I can believe that this was staged.

Vyce on October 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM

eh?

How so? The Joyless one is a complete moron. I’m actually surprised Whoopi joined her because she usually shows more common sense.

darwin on October 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Good thing the illustrious queen of the show Baba Wawa was there to “rein them in”. What a bunch of liberal idiots the three of them are….

sicoit on October 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM

The View hasn’t been the same since upside down Rosie.

lorien1973 on October 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM

BOR is a pantywaist.

Vashta.Nerada on October 14, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I’ve said it before and I will say it again: Joy Behar is the stupidest woman on TV.

Captain Kirock on October 14, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Hey Whoopie and Joy, did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor, or did Japanese extremists bomb Pearl Harbor? Wait, come back…!!

joejm65 on October 14, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Clarification for Whoopi and Joy. They were not just your run of the mill “extremists” they were “radicalized Muslim extremists.”

If you’re going to bitch about the lable maybe you should get it right yourself! Stupid cows.

milwife88 on October 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM

And the Japanese didn’t bomb Pearl Harbor. They were just a rag tag bunch of unhappy saki drinkers.

Star20 on October 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Dumbdeedumbdumb.

“Muslims” in context, accurate enough.

O’Reilly neither said “all Muslims killed Americans on 9/11″ nor did he stipulate “radical Muslims” while that point was being talked over and rejected out of hand.

maverick muse on October 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Really? Really?!? Is there any reason we should take these two seriously? They are so far from relevant, they can only see November 2008 from their houses.

College Prof on October 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM

O’Reilly came out the winner. Even Walters was upset that the two walked off. The Joyless one should stay off. I can’t believe she’s a comedian.

darwin on October 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Why on earth would anyone willingly watch this brainless garbage?

sharrukin on October 14, 2010 at 4:27 PM

AP knocked this one out of the park with his analogies.

Accuse fellow Americans (well, Republicans) of the 9/11 attacks? That’s fine. Claim that all Tea Partyers are racist homophobe fascists? Yawn.

Slip up and not qualify a statement about Muslims and they’re shocked, shocked, I say.

Ptooey.

SteveMG on October 14, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I can believe that this was staged.

Vyce on October 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM

My thoughts exactly. I think BO’R was in on it too.

Brat on October 14, 2010 at 4:27 PM

BOR is a pantywaist.

Vashta.Nerada on October 14, 2010 at 4:25 PM

You can say that again. Can’t stand the guy. He suffers from an over inflated sense of self importance. Stopped watching him 3 years ago.

milwife88 on October 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM

It will be interesting to hear these twits after the next attack by whatever the current politically correct term for muslim terrorists is.

Star20 on October 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM

The Joyless one should stay off. I can’t believe she’s a comedian.

darwin on October 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Do you have any evidence of that?

sharrukin on October 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM

A quick glance at Wikipedia shows that McVeigh considered a couple of radical revolutionary books to be his New Testament & his Bible, & he had doubts about the hereafter. Some Christian.

itsnotaboutme on October 14, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Anyone else notice the improvement to the show with those two off the set?

chewydog on October 14, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Yes and the average IQ shy rocketed.

Wade on October 14, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Pick a direction and keep going ladies. Sooner or later you’ll hit a border or coastline.

trigon on October 14, 2010 at 4:29 PM

We were attacked by Muslims just not all of them.
For those two hags to get all upset and indignant as if O’Reilley had just said the n-word only show what knee jerkers they really are. Muslims terrify liberals because they know that if you make them mad they will kill you.

NeoKong on October 14, 2010 at 4:30 PM

My wife has this show on DVR. She can’t watch while I’m in the room, it’s part of our marriage contract.

Oil Can on October 14, 2010 at 4:30 PM

The Joyless one should stay off. I can’t believe she’s a comedian.

darwin on October 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Do you have any evidence of that?

sharrukin on October 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Well she is a joke.

Grayson on October 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Allah, you are one funny SOB.

UltimateBob on October 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM

This little video tape is really a metaphor for what is happening to the left all over the country. People are speaking up, telling the truth, they are UNAFRAID of the radical left and their constant playbook of calling everyone with whom they disagree a “racist,” “Islamophobe,” etc. This is actually pretty huge. Once this damn bursts — and it’s burstin’, baby — and people keep on speaking the TRUTH over and over again, the party’s over for the left. They’ve had a good run of intimidating people into silence. The run is over. They’re going to just have to deal with it — or waddle off the stage like those two disgusting fatties did.

Rational Thought on October 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Thanks for that link, AP!

VibrioCocci on October 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Just like Ed Schitz! haha

Tony737 on October 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM

To Whoopie: Boy are you fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamsmith on October 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM

“Moderate” Muslim or “radical” Muslim – it’s just a differing of tactics. They all want to us to submit to their horrid religion, so it’s kind of moot.

I cannot imagine why a devout Muslim would ever want to live in this country if not for the express purpose of undermining liberty. Turns out they were right after 9/11, those people who said “they hate our freedom.” Oh yes, they do.

Of course, avergae Americans will not see this truth until it’s far too late. Psst – hey guys, look at Europe.

disa on October 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Ted Baxter doesn’t have the courage of his convictions. What a coward.

Iblis on October 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Is it sweeps week?

Just theater -bad theater, but theater nonetheless.

BKeyser on October 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Has Behar stopped beating her husband? Just wondering, because she’s never offered evidence to the contrary, you know.

AubieJon on October 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM

And they call Christine O’Donnell a witch?

Anyone Conservative armed with intelligent facts — Bill O’Reilly, Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, etc — makes The View cast look like the left-wing histrionic hags they are.

Someone needs to throw a bucket of water on them.

VastRightWingConspirator on October 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM

They’re whores!

(I’m just trying to get NOW’s endorsement…)

Akzed on October 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Whoopi and Behar walking out is definitely a step in the right direction. Keep up the good work O’Reilly!

parke on October 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Of all the vile, idiotic things leftists say, claiming McVeigh was a Christian who murdered in the name of Christianity is one of the most vile and idiotic. I think that’s what they like about it, though. Lefties think the highest possible achievement is to say offensive, obscene things to people who disagree with you. It doesn’t matter if they’re true. The “I’m so tough” nastiness is what they crave and how they feed their egos.

Django on October 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM

The assumption that Timothy McVey was a Christian is patently false according to the information anyone can see on Wikipedia.

“Science is my religion” – Timothy McVey

The left always brings up Timothy McVey everytime they try and defend Islamic extremists.

Never automatically accept the premise of any argument, especially coming from a liberal.

Bleed_thelizard on October 14, 2010 at 4:34 PM

If Joy Behar leaves the room because of something you said, its because you were 100% right.

As for Whoopie, she still gets points for being Guinan on Star Trek: Next Generation.

portlandon on October 14, 2010 at 4:35 PM

The Joyless one should stay off. I can’t believe she’s a comedian.
darwin on October 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Do you have any evidence of that?
sharrukin on October 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM

She’s a joke. Does that count?

turfmann on October 14, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Another thing, WHY does he go on that show?

Did anyone notice how the crowd cheered when BOR said 70% don’t want that mosque @ ground zero?

Oink on October 14, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Like effing kids… Why does anyone listen to these cackling hens?

Claypigeon on October 14, 2010 at 4:36 PM

With libs, you can’t even say ‘Golden Retrievers like to swim’. As soon as you do they say ‘Well not ALL of them!’

Tony737 on October 14, 2010 at 4:36 PM

In all fairness re: tolerating Rosie’s dark hints – they aren’t contractually obliged to tolerate BillO and he has almost certainly never threatened to eat them or their young.

dieudonne on October 14, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Not gonna watch it. However, do I understand that Bill offended them during an appearance in their studio… And they left? Their home arena?

Hmmm, could we get him @ 1600 Pennsylvania to annoy the current occupant? Maybe he’ll leave too!

:-)

cs89 on October 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Eh, I’m thinking Behar saw the donut table being restocked out of the corner of her eye and needed an excuse to graze.

Bishop on October 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I guess the take-away from this is that if Ed or AP ever get invited to this show, they know the words to say to get the two worst hags to leave the set, pronto.

Vashta.Nerada on October 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Ah the liberal mindset. We’re all just another form of animal, but I’m so superior to you, I’m offended by truth.

The dirty little secret is that liberals loathe and reject the truth -it’s so inconvenient.
Maybe I’ll wolk off the stage…..

Don L on October 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Is it sweeps week?

Just theater -bad theater, but theater nonetheless.

BKeyser on October 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I was thinking that myself. But it’s not until next month.

rollthedice on October 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I can’t bear watching any of these people.

How other people do I cannot begin to understand.

NoDonkey on October 14, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Suddenly the last couple years of my life seem rather pointless.

Lily on October 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM

There is no way in hell that I am watching this.

Terrye on October 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Melodrama at its finest.

Only immature people storm off when they are losing an argument.

ConDem on October 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM

He should not have apologized. The “prophet” was quite clear in his holy book- it’s filled with violence and rage and hatred. It’s full of hatred for women, ALL non-muslims, gays, christians, jews, and men who don’t live a strict lifestyle of hatred in the way mohammed did (when he wasn’t actively murdering innocent people for “wronging” him or his “religion.)

Can ANYONE explain why it isn’t MAINSTREAM islam that is the culprit? Mainstream islam IS mohammed…mohammed WAS a mass murderer. There are no two ways about it.

I wonder if Behar and Whoopi can explain why they’re okay with a religion based on a holy book written by a man who despised, and I mean DESPISED homosexuals? Funny…they seem to think opposing gay marriage makes you a hate-filled bigot, but following a prophet who would murder gays is fine.

Insanity. Let’s stop being sissies when it comes to islam.

TheBlueSite on October 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM

These two wh*res become righteously indignant when O’Reilly correctly (even applying logic!) states that
ALL terrorists who attacked America on )/11 were Muslims,
YET
think it’s “reasonable” to
apply the acts of a single person (Timothy McVeigh) to slur ALL Christians.

This is Leftist “logic”, also known as nihilistic venom.

Lockstein13 on October 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM

parke on October 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM

X infinty

CynicalOptimist on October 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Hahaha, score one for BOR! Anybody who can get those two to walk off the set can’t be all bad.

Alomost as entertaining as professional wrestling.

petefrt on October 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I remember Whoopi on ST:TNG. She played the ‘bartender’ named Guinan. Her race and planet were destroyed by the Borg – an inhuman race of cybernetic aliens.

The Borg’s sole role was to expand their ‘culture’ through the assimilation of any race they came upon. There is no reasoning with the Borg. There is no negotiation with the Borg. “Resistance is futile” as the Borg say.

The Borg are a species bent only on conquest:

“We only wish to raise quality of life, for all species. You will become one with the Borg.

There are no terms.
Discussion is irrelevant.

Your people will be assimilated easily.
Preparation is irrelevant.

Strength is irrelevant
Freedom is irrelevant.
Self-determination is irrelevant.”

Everyone know where I’m going with this?

catmman on October 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM

”Inartful” hahaha speaking in a language these dumbazz libs can understand!

Tony737 on October 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM

These mindless liberal twits ought to thank their lucky stars that Ted Baxter O’Really wasn’t a Mooslim else they would have had to appear in Burhkas and stay five feet behind him, like their hero Nancy Peloser did when she went to Syria!

Ted apologized, how nice, which one of these airheads is he tryin to get on his show?

dhunter on October 14, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Gee, they’d walk the plank if they ever talked to me.

SouthernGent on October 14, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Good. I would say don’t let the props hit your fat azz on the way off the stage…

hawkman on October 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM

OReilly will have this segment on his show – hmm, I’m guessing 9 shows, 2 body language segments, and 87 guests would have been asked to comment on him/it.

Marcus on October 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM

At the exact time this occurred today New York City registered a mild earthquake. Coincidence?

JammieWearingFool on October 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Sanctimony to the point of absurdity. Whoopi and Joy are ridiculous, indeed.

Pasalubong on October 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Oil Can on October 14, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I imagine you had to bargain with something near and dear to your heart to get such a concession! Mind sharing?

Gang-of-One on October 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM

At least Whoopi and Joy are hot.

joepub on October 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM

eh?
darwin on October 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Because doing what they did made that segment an instant viral video, which will get people talking about The View. And like Brat said, I can see BOR in on it too, give him a little boost of publicity too.

And I think Whoopi has exceptionally poor sense, actually. This is the woman who defended Roman Polanski by claiming he didn’t commit rape-rape.

Vyce on October 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Terrye on October 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Seriously, why do people watch this dreck?

I can’t stand O’Reilly by his lonesome, but joined by these shrieking, ignorant harpies?

NoDonkey on October 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Wow, was Whoopie wearing a brown scarf, or does she have a huge goiter on her neck?

And Joy Behar is just an insufferable drama queen.

I think the collective IQ on the set increased by about 20 points when the two of them walked offstage.

UltimateBob on October 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Histrionics and hysterics.

ted c on October 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM

As AP pointed out, this can’t be emphasized enough: If O’Reilly had stated that 9/11 was an inside job and that Americans slaughtered ~4,000 other Americans for personal gain, Behar and Goldberg wouldn’t have said a thing.

But slip out and not qualify a statement about Muslims and 9/11 and they’re outraged.

Disgusting really, just disgusting.

SteveMG on October 14, 2010 at 4:49 PM

So the first thing you need to do when you’re on the view is to say “muslims attacked WTC” , and the room will clear.

the_nile on October 14, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Turns out Joy Behar looks awful from that side too.

Chuck Schick on October 14, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Suddenly the last couple years of my life seem rather pointless.
Lily on October 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM

And yet, like a crack junkie, I find myself back for more every day even though AP has me on his no-fly list.

It’s the little face on the bottom of the page, its been programmed to hypnotize us.

Bishop on October 14, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Ranting must be down…

TheBigOldDog on October 14, 2010 at 4:49 PM

JammieWearingFool on October 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Has anyone tried to reach Guam?

lorien1973 on October 14, 2010 at 4:51 PM

No Joy was trying to pump up her shows ratings on HLN. They are already hyping it to the hilt.

meci on October 14, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Oink on October 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Whoopi and Behar insisted they were extremists, not Muslims. Why, the 9/11 hijackers could’ve been Tea Partiers, for all they know.

And yet, Whoppi was raising the sensible point that 70 Muslims in the WTC were also killed on 9/11. Why bring that up if religion wasn’t a common factor among all of the extremists on 9/11?

Behar revealed earlier in the segment why they’d never understand the disconnect between Obama and the folks. She thinks a large group of Americans hold views similar to hers, despite the repeated cheers that broke out when BOR made points.

hawksruleva on October 14, 2010 at 4:53 PM

O’Reilly should have clarified it thusly:

They were serious Muslims.”

And back it up with Koranic justifications for jihadi terrorism, expansionism, imperialism, contempt for infidel dogs and the sanctified Mohammedan aim to dominate the world and subjugate all unclean unbelivers under the absolute theocratic rule of Islam.

But Bill is too uninformed, too weak and too silly to stand up to and fight against the reality of Islam’s malignant ideology oand intolerant, tyrannical goals.

profitsbeard on October 14, 2010 at 4:54 PM

The View hasn’t been the same since upside down Rosie.

lorien1973 on October 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Now THAT brings back some memories…

Seven Percent Solution on October 14, 2010 at 4:54 PM

They are too dumb to realize that every time this subject is brought up it’s just another nail in the Donks coffin on Nov. 2.

Please ladies, keep it up!

Bruno Strozek on October 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Gang-of-One on October 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM

More a trade in time. It’s 3 or 4 of HER movies a year she wants to see. But it’s actually less time then when cmpared
to the View. Pure Beta male, but the iphone helps with the pain.

Oil Can on October 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Ladies, ladies, ladies.

While I can respect you, perhaps you were being a tad unprofessional here. It’s not as if Bill O’Reilly was suggesting sodomizing an underage girl was actually “rape-rape.” Now, that would have been over the line.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Oh Bill! – You missed your opportunity! When those two gas bags were huffing there way off the set, you should have stood up and said “Why don’t you girls just go and make me a sandwich?”

i_will_not_surrender on October 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM

The View will probably be a hoot to watch on November 3rd. Just to laugh.

kingsjester on October 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Vyce on October 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM

BOR knows how to pay the bills. You think him and John Stewart are really enemies? They have a symbiotic relationship. It’s like CNN asking for ad time on Limbaugh. They’ll probably attack him at least once a week, but they need his audience to tune in to prop up their ratings.

hawksruleva on October 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Whoopi and Joy … sounds like two chapters in a book of fornication.

J_Crater on October 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM