Glenn Beck: Punish Obama for his smears by donating to the Chamber of Commerce; Update: Biggest donation day ever

posted at 5:57 pm on October 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

A fine idea, backed by his pledge of ten grand for the cause. I’m happy to help promote it — here’s the donation link — but given the wave of money rushing into Rove’s group since The One started demagoging them, my hunch is that a lot of righties are way ahead of the curve on this. Just one caveat: Can we have the Chamber itself pledge to stop donating to Democrats until they get an apology from the White House for the “foreign money” garbage? Beck touts their bipartisan cred near the end, and yes, that’s normally a good thing for a lobby, but not when it’s being demonized daily by every prominent Democrat in a thousand-mile radius. Time to draw the line. Want money, Blue Dogs? Then stand up to the smears.

Before you watch the clip, tell me who it was that dropped this bomb on Obama today:

I must say this has been a tough week for those of us who personally admire President Obama and his advisers…

Obama’s line of attack is also bad for his re-election prospects and the future of the Democratic party as a whole. The main reason the Democrats are in trouble is not the Tea Party movements. It is because independents have abandoned the Democrats. The polls clearly indicate indies think the party is too liberal and too hostile to business. So why does Obama take every conceivable opportunity to go to war with business?…

My point is that there are big and small business in towns across America. There are people who work in the private sector everywhere. Why is there always so much hostility to these people?

All in all, they’re making a big mistake here.

The answer may surprise you! Click the image to watch.

Update: See the last video here. Mission already accomplished!

Comments

It was the biggest day ever after the first hour

eeyore on October 14, 2010 at 6:00 PM

The sentiment is nice and all, but believe you me: The Chamber has plenty of money.

Who needs the money is individual candidates who are running close but have received little national support.

amerpundit on October 14, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Wasn’t the DNC smearing the Chamber too?

forest on October 14, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I donated just to spite this oppressive regime.

We need a thread on Moochelle violating election laws in Illinois. After downing a cheeseburger, fries and who knows what else.

Key West Reader on October 14, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Time to draw the line. Want money, Blue Dogs? Then stand up to the smears.

Completely agreed, which is why I won’t personally bother donating to them. Obama’s smeared plenty of groups that aren’t helping Democrats.

Esthier on October 14, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Because he is a malignant narcissist who would rather settle scores than fix the economy. The man is either stupid or evil. There is no viable 3rd option.

Kataklysmic on October 14, 2010 at 6:12 PM

The answer may surprise you!

The Brooksy quote was in the headlines this a.m.

John the Libertarian on October 14, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Ever want to start a small business, CoC will help you get in touch with a member of SCORE (Service Corp of Retired Executives). Ever hear of the Welcome Wagon, they used to work with CoC to welcome new residents to a new community. When we moved to Houston CoC was right there helping us to locate the business, giving us pamphlets of resources to use, providing phone books, and providing demographics of current and future prospects for the business.

fourdeucer on October 14, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Wasn’t the DNC smearing the Chamber too?

[forest on October 14, 2010 at 6:08 PM]

Why yes, I think they were and specifically falsely tying them to evil Mao Money and stealing Democracy.

Weird considering that as the Progressives, Socialists, and Communists in the Democratic Party and propaganda arm in the MSM continue their never ending effort to censor the American public and intimidate them into silence, the Chinese Communist hierarchy is considering an end to censorship.

Dusty on October 14, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Brooks is still and eternally worthless.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on October 14, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Key West Reader on October 14, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Yes. Just imagine what would have happened if it had been Laura Bush(of course, Laura has more class, but that’s not the point here).

jeanie on October 14, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Biggest donation day ever

Fantastic!

I wonder if Ed Schultz is gonna try on top it with a money bomb for the Communist Party USA.

darwin on October 14, 2010 at 6:24 PM

The Chamber of Commerce supports amnesty for illegals and opposes e-verify. They won’t be getting any of my money.

Mark1971 on October 14, 2010 at 6:25 PM

This was Brooks?

Maaaaan oh man.

Bishop on October 14, 2010 at 6:25 PM

darwin on October 14, 2010 at 6:24 PM

LMAO

Dusty on October 14, 2010 at 6:27 PM

The CoC has tons of cash.

Those who need the donations are what Dick Morris calls the “second tier” candidates. Those that are not getting any establishment backing and are being completely ignored by the big money, but have a good chance of defeating their democrat rival. According to Morris, an organization called SuperPACUSA is supporting these 2nd tier folks and that more info is available at http://www.superpacusa.com.

I think Morris makes a good point about these candidates on Hannity and on his website, and it is where I’m giving my extra cash!

JeffVader on October 14, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Darn it! I forgot I was going to make sure and shop at Target today!

O’Reilly talked about how MoveON is attacking them and trying to silence businesses from making political contributions by using Target as an object lesson in what happens if you even come close to supporting the wrong causes… like business!

petunia on October 14, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Its amazing, The Chamber actually supported Obama on the stimulus, and he still turned on them.

rob verdi on October 14, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Target, shop at Target!

petunia on October 14, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I have to wonder if there are other conservative organizations in the country wondering what they have to do to get the White House to throw them a little hate.

slickwillie2001 on October 14, 2010 at 6:33 PM

lovin’ how hotair is moving at the speed of light…

ted c on October 14, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Target, shop at Target!

petunia on October 14, 2010 at 6:33 PM

You don’t have to ask me twice! Love the place.

jeanie on October 14, 2010 at 6:37 PM

CoC supports amnesty. It also supported Porkulus.

lorien1973 on October 14, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Kataklysmic on October 14, 2010 at 6:12 PM

…OR BOTH :-(

jimver on October 14, 2010 at 6:43 PM

darwin on October 14, 2010 at 6:24 PM

like when he pulled a bigger rally than Beck’s :-)

jimver on October 14, 2010 at 6:46 PM

My feeling that Glenn was trying to say, this bho and team is smearing the CoC as they do with Glenn, Fox, Rush, and so many other to name. Glenn said he did not agree with all the CoC does, it is, IMO, stick it this bho and team! This little worm in the wh with his little wormletts slam any who dare go on tv and give a negitive opinion of him! I love Glenn and so happy, the left blog is not happy, he WILL live!
L

letget on October 14, 2010 at 6:48 PM

After downing a cheeseburger, fries and who knows what else.

Key West Reader on October 14, 2010 at 6:11 PM

There are too many jokes for that one…

Not. Want. Encourage. Hammer of Ban!

Muu…uusss…ssttttt

reeee…..sssssisssttt….

catmman on October 14, 2010 at 6:53 PM

[JeffVader on October 14, 2010 at 6:28 PM]

I agree. The CoC has gotten their record breaking donation day but they’re still helping Dems and they do have their own agenda, just as the NRA or VetPAC does. So, time to ramp up giving to the actual reps will represent our views and will be the ones ultimately voting in Congress, so that they will know who they’re accountable to for their votes.

And not only are there the second tier candidates, but there are lot’s of Dems who had been listed as having safe seats who are now dropping to only Likely or Lean. Doggett in TX-25, Israel in NY-2, McCarthy in NY-4, Dingell in MI-15, …

IOW, hit them everywhere, make the Dems spend money where they never thought they had to. As Ace is saying “Be the wave!”

Don’t forget the Governors and state races, though. States will be a mighty ally in wresting power away from the Federal Government and getting Constitutional Amendments to make it permanent. And I say that as a NY’er who knows NY will not be one of those 38 states needed, but has no problem being forced to go cold turkey.

Dusty on October 14, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Next week Zero is planning an angry tirade against the Arbor Day Foundation to vent his many grievances against white pine and white oak.

viking01 on October 14, 2010 at 7:13 PM

10K, that’s it? Doesn’t this clown’s media empire make upwards of $32 mill a year?

Ian on October 14, 2010 at 7:16 PM

When will these parasites figure out that they cannot function without a host to devour?

lukespapa on October 14, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Ian on October 14, 2010 at 7:16 PM

How much did you donate? Or did you max out to the DNC already this cycle…

catmman on October 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Mark1971 on October 14, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Yes. A lot of folks don’t know this. Thanks for the reminder.

diogenes on October 14, 2010 at 7:35 PM

The Brooksy quote was in the headlines this a.m.

John the Libertarian on October 14, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Someone needs to invite Brooks to the White House quick to let him ogle Obama’s pants. Five minutes or so of quality crease time ought to be enough to get Brooks rounded up and back into the herd.

Gator Country on October 14, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Great. They’ll give the money to Bluedick Democrats.

Jaibones on October 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Ian on October 14, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Yes Glenn Beck is quite funny isn’t he? Why, just today, my husband called me to tell me Glenn Beck was cracking him up and I should watch him… I was at the mall… not Target sadly, but… funny man, good of you to notice.

petunia on October 14, 2010 at 7:39 PM

catmman on October 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Uh, oh. I’m a RINO now because I can see through Glenn Beck (aka Jonas Nightengale) like a piece of swiss cheese.

Dude, I don’t think you understand how many people on the right detest the man.

Ian on October 14, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Oh goodie. Now maybe the fine Chamber can do some more supporting of Amnesty and Open Borders.

John McCain and Lindsay Graham? You bet. You’re the “right” kind of conservatives.

/s

BowHuntingTexas on October 14, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Stupid. The CoC lobbied for TARP, for crying out loud!

Rae on October 14, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Mark1971 on October 14, 2010 at 6:25 PM

lorien1973 on October 14, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Ooops. I need to read through the comments from top to bottom.

~~~~~~~~~

Who’s getting paid in cash, under the table? Who’s not paying SS taxes for their employees?

Yup. You see all those people from south of the border doing lawn work, construction work, etc. etc. manual labor?

Guess who’s paying them? Chamber of Commerce small business owners.

Are Americans too lazy to do manual labor?

Do away with food stamps and when stomachs start to grumble I’d bet people’ll start working.

Do away with minimum wage laws and the paperwork around hiring someone and illegal immigration will stop over night. “Sure, I’ll pay you $100 for you and your crew to build me a fence. No questions asked”.

Your sign says “will work for food”. Darn right you will because that’s all I’m paying you to rake some leaves.

BowHuntingTexas on October 14, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Mark1971 on October 14, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Nor mine. Mark Levin was talking about this on his show earlier. You aren’t Mark Levin, are you? :)

pannw on October 14, 2010 at 8:17 PM

..oh my! It’s come to this: the unhinged left and the heavy-handed Democrat rule has created TWO king-makers: Rush and Glenn Beck.

Methinks 2012 is gonna be a bitch for them as well!

The War Planner on October 14, 2010 at 8:53 PM

BTW.
Vote and VOLUNTEER- If only for a couple hours a week.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on October 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I see on HuffPo the Dems are doubling down on this idiocy. Tim Kaine is saying that these shadowy sources of GOP funding are a Watergate-size scandal waiting to be discovered. Yes, a Watergate-size scandal.

As if the Dems don’t use similar orgs for funds! The chutzpah of these guys is amazing.

juliesa on October 14, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I know I am a little late on this thread, however, it is my opinion that if you donate to the Chamber of Commerce, you are incredibly stupid, or you are a insitutional corpratist.
The chamber supports the Bush idea of a pathway to ccitzenship for illegals, becuase it would create 20 million psuedo citizens who work for shot wages.
The chamber also supported the trillion dollar stimulus, becuase as they said: “it’s the only game in town”.
I say let this worthless peice of shit corrupt organization fights it’s own battle with the commies. No need for us to get into the mud so they can continue to screw us. Beck is a moron pure and simple.

paulsur on October 14, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Beck is a moron pure and simple.

As I’m not a big fan of Beck, all I will point out is this ‘moron’ just kicked the 0bama Regime in its fat jackass! I can live with that.

I wonder if Rush will pile on and announce his plans to also support the Chamber of Commerce JUST AS LONG as they promise to keep assisting with the removal of the Communist styled Democrat GoBernment. That would really sweeten the payback pot. ;o)

DannoJyd on October 15, 2010 at 2:08 AM

amerpundit on October 14, 2010 at 6:01 PM

That’s what Mitt Romney is doing with his PAC, by far the most of any possible presidential contender to individual Republicans.

scotash on October 15, 2010 at 6:25 PM