Finally: First trailer for “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” debuts

posted at 9:16 pm on October 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via the Hollywood Reporter. Like I said in the O’Reilly/Behar thread, there are certain things that will forever be part of Hot Air’s DNA: Humpbot and “dude” items and atheism crap — and, of course, you know who. I don’t know what we’d do without her.

My friends, the Tivo is set.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Just watched the trailer……..How could you give that up for the crap of D.C.?

PappyD61 on October 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Just watched the trailer……..How could you give that up for the crap of D.C.?

PappyD61 on October 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM

You wouldn’t, unless you were going to DC to clean the crap out.

darwin on October 15, 2010 at 9:02 AM

She’s an amazing woman. Look at her and size her up next to a barbara boxer or nancy pelosi or any other elitist hag on the left…
Not even close! Sarah is tops.

Handel on October 15, 2010 at 9:05 AM

I’m with her. We live in NW Montana and do a lot of the same stuff. That line where she says she’d rather be out here than some stuffy office doing political stuff could be dredged up and replayed when she’s running for president. Playing is nice and fun but there comes a time when duty calls and she will answer.

Kissmygrits on October 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM

She says she’d rather be out enjoying nature than in a stuffy political office. And the truth is that most Americans would prefer to have her out enjoying nature than in a stuffy political office.

Tzetzes on October 15, 2010 at 10:30 AM

She’s wonderful.

She’s never going to be President. And I wouldn’t vote for her if she tried. (Well, that would depend on who she’s running against, I suppose … she would certainly be preferable to the current Dufus-in-Chief).

But she’s a helluva lady. If she can’t make you smile, I question your humanity. You probably hate kittens.

Professor Blather on October 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Wait a minute. That IS NOT some show about Alaska’s natural wonders. That is a reality show. TLC doesn’t do anything BUT “reality anymore, and the trailer is pretty clear. The show’s “poster” is quite obvious as well.

A reality show will be the nail in the coffin.

TheBlueSite on October 15, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Tzetzes on October 15, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Evidently not BO who, supposedly according to his wife, he doesn’t like the natureness of Camp David & instead, prefers the crowded cesspool of a city like Chicago (I’m sure he only visits the nice parts of Chicago, however).

I meet lots of cityfied people who hate the outdoors bcs it’s ‘dirty’ & it makes them feel uncomfortable, probably like a seal being hunted by a polar bear.
Elitists, whether they are liberal or conservative, are scared of the real world that is represented in a show like this.
They are the people who curl up into a ball & die when dumped into the middle of the woods.

Badger40 on October 15, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I see the attacks on Palin are getting weaker & weaker.

First we got the outright smears about her and her family. Failed.

Then we got the attaks on her record. Failed.

Now we have the “She is great, but she can’t win/shouldn’t run, etc”. That argument will fail too.

Sorry to break it to you folks, but she will run, and she is the prohibitive favorite at this point.

Norwegian on October 15, 2010 at 11:00 AM

This show will humanize Sarah and her family to people who only know about her through the MSM filter (all the negative stuff). Might change a lot of minds, but it won’t change the hater’s minds, and the MSM will never change theirs. Surprisingly, her daughter who is on DWTS has had a warm welcome by the audience, separating her from her mother. What you have to admire about this family, is their toughness and I’m sure it is derived from living in their beautiful but harsh at times environment.

I’m sure many of you do not watch DWTS, but Bristol drove herself and her baby in her pickup from Alaska to LA and she’s 19. How many young women would be capable of that? She has a very calm demeanor and seems very level headed. Can’t explain the Levi Johnston blip, tho. Just have to chalk that up to wanting her baby to have his father, and it’s hard to blame her for that. But I have to agree with the previous poster who said the show will be a big hit. Whether you love her or hate her, people will tune in to see it. The scenery alone will be killer.

silvernana on October 15, 2010 at 11:18 AM

silvernana on October 15, 2010 at 11:18 AM

When you live in some parts of the country, unless you want to live a hermit, you learn to drive hours and hours without seeing any other people and do so on really frightening road and weather conditions.

I have seen her interviewed a few times and she really does make a very good impression. Looking forward to the show.

Blake on October 15, 2010 at 11:32 AM

A reality show will be the nail in the coffin.

TheBlueSite on October 15, 2010 at 10:48 AM

You sound like you want to be the hammer. Hmmmmm … you hate Palin, you hate O’Donnell. You probably hate Angle, Fiorina and Whitman too.

I sense a pattern.

darwin on October 15, 2010 at 11:33 AM

A reality show will be the nail in the coffin.

TheBlueSite on October 15, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Heh heh, how many nails are in that coffin by now? I’ve lost count.

I hope you don’t get carpal tunnel with all that passionate hammering.

hrh40 on October 15, 2010 at 12:16 PM

darwin on October 15, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I love it when people choose to try to paint you as a bigot for not liking two dummies who happen to be women. And that’s just it. My problem isn’t that they happen to be women, it’s that they both happen to be dummies.

TheBlueSite on October 15, 2010 at 12:17 PM

TheBlueSite on October 15, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I don’t care if you don’t like Palin, but to me it’s just irrational to call her stupid. Stupid doesn’t beat an incumbent. Stupid doesn’t fight and beat her own party. Stupid doesn’t negotiate with Exxon and come out the winner. I wish I was that stupid.

I have no idea what you have against them, neither are stupid and it’s really stupid to say so.

darwin on October 15, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I don’t know how any rational person could think Sarah Palin is stupid. Stupid people do not become governors of large states, become the vice presidential candidate of the U. S., draw the size crowds she does everywhere she goes, write a best-seller, campaign for and get people elected,etc. People who think this are either jealous, bought the Kool-Aid put out by the MSM, lefties, or do not like women. How many men in politics do you ever hear called stupid. A lot of other names, maybe, but I’ve never heard any of them called “stupid”. That’s a way to degrade her without having to put up a valid argument.

silvernana on October 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM

The stark purity of the wild is what so many Americans went west to find for themselves. I’d already decided years ago that if ever, I’d choose to cruise Alaskan waters rather than Caribbean.

The Palin’s tv episodes out in the wild will ramp up tourism to Alaska. Smart girl, giving back along the way.

maverick muse on October 15, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Evidently, btw, Jindal’s speech in New Hampshire went better than really well.

What Bobby Jindal did at the 100 Club on Thursday afternoon was to swiftly, deftly, and without the slightest hint of insincerity or effort, make a few dozen important and seasoned New Hampshire Republicans say to themselves, “I like that guy.”

Before Jindal arrived, the mood in the room was similar to that of a charity cocktail party. It was mostly a lukewarm mix of business and social pleasantries. By the time Jindal left, the room was practically vibrating with energy. Every person I spoke with after the event was impressed with the performance, and these are people who have weathered many primaries and met many presidents.

In the next few weeks, these people will meet other Republicans at campaign events, and they will tell of the great speech Bobby Jindal gave in Portsmouth. They will speak of how funny he was. They will speak of how charming he was. They will speak of how well he listened and how warm his eyes were. Many of them will make sure they are in the room the next time Bobby Jindal comes to New Hampshire to speak. And because of them, that crowd is going to be bigger than the first. If Jindal can keep that trend going, his future will be bright indeed.

maverick muse on October 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM

silvernana on October 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Dan Quayle comes to mind. Carter too. All sorts of politicians are called stupid though (Obama, Bush, Clinton, Pelosi, Bachmann, Grayson, Blagojevich etc). Few actually are.

jonknee on October 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM

silvernana on October 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Pretty much all Republicans. Bush was repeatedly called stupid as was Reagan and so many other politicians.

Esthier on October 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Excellent………………..

Release your inner Grizzly!!

canopfor on October 16, 2010 at 4:37 AM