That big bombshell announcement from Charlie Crist is… Robert F. Kennedy Jr.; Video: Kennedy dumps on Rubio, tea party

posted at 12:35 pm on October 13, 2010 by Karl

NRO’s Jim Geraghty joked on Twitter that Charlie Crist’s mystery announcement today would be that that he’s pursuing his dream of being a Major League Baseball pitcher. The real story is almost as funny: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is endorsing Gov. Charlie Crist in his independent candidacy for the Senate.

Excuse me, but isn’t this a lower-wattage endorsement than the one he got from Kennedy-by-proxy (and unpopular California Gov.) Arnold Schwarzenegger? RFK, Jr. may have been considered to head Obama’s Environmental Protection Agency, but he was not tapped, and for good reason. He was one of the most prominent advocates for the conspiracy theory that the 2004 election was stolen — nuttery laughed off even by liberal media outlets like Salon. He also believes that hog farmers are a greater threat to the United States and our democracy than Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda. Perhaps most salient here, if Charlie Crist is trying to peel away Democrats from supporting a black candidate like Kendrick Meek, should he be touting the endorsement of a guy who called Barack Obama an “indentured servant” to the coal industry? Then again, absolutely shameless and incoherent hackery has been the touchstone of the Crist campaign, so why not?

In reality, it seems as though the only threat to a Marco Rubio victory is Meek dropping out, which is why Crist has been courting local Dem pols to call on Meek to quit. However, that tactic seems risky, bordering on reckless. The spectacle of the Democratic establishment throwing a black candidate under the bus in favor of a white (or orange) guy who was a Republican until his ego necessitated this sore loser campaign cannot play well with black voters that Barack Obama may need to keep the state competitive in 2012.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Update (Allahpundit): Click the image for your sad-sack spectacle of the day.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He sounded like he was to cry the whole time he was talking.

tickleddragon on October 13, 2010 at 12:54 PM,

I won’t click on the video, but I was going to ask if he cried. I guess this answers that. Heh.

peski on October 13, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Not that long ago the Republican establishment was telling FLA voters that Rubio was to extreme. That they had to support Crist.

jpmn on October 13, 2010 at 2:06 PM

jpmn on October 13, 2010 at 2:06 PM

That’s why in Florida:

We’re SICK of the REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT Too!

But I guess I’m just another Whacko Tea Partier

SayNo2-O on October 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Ladies, don’t ride with Crist over a bridge!

I don’t ladies have anything to worry about with the Florida Orangeman. NTTAWWT.

pdigaudio on October 13, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Official reaction to Crist’s “bombshell” announcement:

***YAWN***

Carl on October 13, 2010 at 2:10 PM

I don’t think ladies have anything to worry about with the Florida Orangeman. NTTAWWT.

Fixed.

pdigaudio on October 13, 2010 at 2:12 PM

It would make me so happy to never hear the name “Kennedy” again. Ive heard more than enough of their crap.

Greed on October 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Oh please . . . who gives a rat’s backside what that dirtbag Kennedy has to say?

rplat on October 13, 2010 at 2:15 PM

When you think about it, this is just another insult to the American voter. Is this stunt suppose dredge up Camelot?

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I am so ready for the Kennedys and their subsidiary families, straphangers, etc., to pass into the annals of history. I dont care a lick of spit what the freaking Kenndy’s think.

journeyscarab on October 13, 2010 at 2:21 PM

LOL, That’s the big announcement? Like getting endorsed by Tiny Tim. loser!

faol on October 13, 2010 at 2:30 PM

If Charlie thinks Florida voters will be impressed by a Massachusetts enviro-marxist that sounds like the love child of Katherine Hepburn and Elmer Fudd, then he’s even dumber than I thought.

RadClown on October 13, 2010 at 2:34 PM

the Kennedies are so… passe and gouche

CynicalOptimist on October 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM

gouche gauche

CynicalOptimist on October 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Robert F. Kennedy Jr…..also known as the dumbest Kennedy.

xblade on October 13, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Tomorrow, he annouces he has Roger Clinton’s support. Friday, it’s Billy Carter.

stldave on October 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM

wow…and I um..ah..err.. was tink’n dat…um..ahhh..ohhhh Caroline…um…Ken..ah…dy… was…..ah…um… dumb…ah…as….a …um stump

roflmao

donabernathy on October 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Oooooooooooooooooo! I’m skeered: a Kennedy is dumping on us! I guess it wouldn’t be prudent to accept an offer of a lift from this guy.

ya2daup on October 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM

LOL, That’s the big announcement? Like getting endorsed by Tiny Tim. loser!

faol on October 13, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I’ll have you know that Tiny Tim is a member of the most loyal voting block the Dems have….dead folks.

VelvetElvis on October 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Proof that the Democrats have figured out how to clone just the MIND.

they may look different but the MIND is the same.

roflmao

donabernathy on October 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM

The three persons I’d most like to see lose in Nov:

#3: Harry Reid
#2: Lisa M.
#1: Charlie Crist

Jon0815 on October 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM

The kiss of death, kissing the dead.

esnap on October 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Turn the clock back 30 years and this might have meant something.

Jim-Rose on October 13, 2010 at 3:43 PM

The three persons I’d most like to see lose in Nov:

#3: Harry Reid
#2: Lisa M.
#1: Charlie Crist

Jon0815 on October 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM

My top 3:

3. Alan Grayson
2. Barbara “Ma’am” Boxer
1. Barney Frank

Scrappy on October 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Ha! Reaction to the announcement.

pt on October 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I was watching the video, but I couldn’t find my glasses. Was that RFK jr. or Katherine Hepburn?

dirtseller on October 13, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Bobby is my FAVORITE heroin addict!

Wander on October 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM

If Crist considers an endorsement from Robert F. Kennedy an asset and something to brag about, seems that he is spending too much time in the tanning booth. These days any endorsement from a Kennedy would be an excellent reason not to vote for that candidate. I may be wrong, but hasn’t this Kennedy followed in the foot steps of his Uncle, Teddy the Drunk. Did they give Jr. a sobriety test prior to the announcement?

flintstone on October 13, 2010 at 6:34 PM

It wouldn’t shock me if Crist announced he wants to be a pitcher; I’m sure he’s already been a catcher, not that there’s anything wrong with it.

Travis Bickle on October 13, 2010 at 7:40 PM

It’s hard to catch the first few words from RFK because you’re busy checking to see if he’s drunk or high and whether he’s got his pants on before you’ll let the kids watch…

landlines on October 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM