NRCC to spend money on Sean Bielat’s campaign against Barney Frank?

posted at 3:20 pm on October 13, 2010 by Mary Katharine Ham

Sure, it’s not the most likely takeover in the country (Cook has moved it from Solid D to Likely), but it’s possible, and don’t it make you feel so good?

Frank hasn’t faced substantial competition in 30 years, and now he faces a young, Harvard-grad Marine who builds robots that save U.S. troops from IEDs. Scott Brown won the district narrowly, giving the Brown grassroots hope and turning them into Bielat evangelists.

James Taranto profiled the promising candidate last week, Obama is traveling to Massachusetts inevitably casting the spotlight on Barney’s race, and now the NRCC may be taking a second look:

Bielat had lunch with House Republican Whip Eric Cantor Tuesday, and a spokeswoman for Bielat said “we expect some resources” from the NRCC “going into the home stretch.”

NRCC spokesman Tory Mazzola said the NRCC is “keeping an eye” on the race “because over the last few weeks it’s become very competitive.”

Privately, a Republican operative said Cantor’s lunch with Bielat was illustrative. “That would certainly be an indication this is winnable,” the source said. A major Tea Party group has also vowed to pour money into the race.

Frank’s office did not return a call for comment.

On that note, who’s ready for some encouraging anecdotal evidence that may not actually mean much, but will make you feel pumped and want to give to the Bye Bye Barney Money Bomb? I thought you would be. Believe:

I was speaking with a prominent Tea Party member in the eastern part of the state she has been doing the heavy work of going door to door on days off to talk to voters, passing out literature and pushing her candidates. The report I got was astounding.

Over and over doors were about to be closed until the voter heard the Magic word “Republican”. When the voter heard that word, doors were opened, literature accepted and thumbs up given. Only one in four at best thought otherwise.

In all seriousness, Frank’s is the kind of improbable seat that a big wave could crash right into. Frank has ties to the mortgage disaster, health care, financial reform, the stink of Washington bailout-mania about him, a district that’s more politically diverse than he seems to think it is, an enthusiasm gap, a highly qualified opponent, and a Coakley-esque sense of entitlement to his position. Sounds like a familiar recipe for Massachusetts surprises. God speed, Tea Party Beantowners and Bay Staters!

Comments

Has Scott Brown done any campaigning for him, I wonder?

doodleduh on October 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM

can’t you just say he’s tied into pretty much everything that is currently bad with this country?

Doctor Zhivago on October 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Which is precisely why the Progressives in his district love him.

UltimateBob on October 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Oh, my!

Sue on October 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Wouldn’t it be wonderful for the toothless wonder to get the boot in Nov.? Be still my heart, Nov.2 is right aroung the corner! We vote and we are mad.
L

letget on October 13, 2010 at 3:28 PM

This would be spectacular.

DaveS on October 13, 2010 at 3:28 PM

People in Mass are extremely angry. Last February, the dems had to go out and drag students to an event where ODumbAss appeared for Martha Coakley.

They only half filled that middle school gym and had to pull the curtain across it to make it look full.

Meanwhile the Brown rally had as many people WAITING OUTSIDE IN THE COLD RAIN AND SNOW and an equal number inside at the event. (a little over 2,000 people if memory serves)

The Mass economy is in the hopper and Congressman Frank is one of the reasons. He’s in trouble and he knows it.

dogsoldier on October 13, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Wouldn’t that be the funnest thing ever?! Well, one of the funnest! ha

Oink on October 13, 2010 at 3:29 PM

God speed, Tea Party Beantowners and Bay Staters!

Second that!

fourdeucer on October 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Barney Frank: ‘Help! I’ve tied myself to the mortgage lending crisis and can’t get up! Obamacare, save me!’

ajacksonian on October 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I hate to be a buzzkill, but I think Frank will withstand the challenge.

Don’t get me wrong, it would be awesome if he would get tossed (no pun intended) but it’s probably a long shot.

Just the fact that others like Reid, Feingold will get taken out makes me want to do some puddin dippin…

catmman on October 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

God speed, Tea Party Beantowners and Bay Staters!

I had Allahpundit’s voice in my head as I was reading this and then I gots to the exit question part and I says, “WTF?” No exit question and “God Speed” and ‘optimism’….why, it must be…it is The Hammer!

thanks for a great heads up MKH! (BTW, your voice in my head sounds a lot better than AP’s)….

ted c on October 13, 2010 at 3:32 PM

SURFS UP!!

tommer74 on October 13, 2010 at 3:32 PM

So what? Frank is gay and that automatically makes him a hero and qualified for a House seat.

mankai on October 13, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I have been increasingly optimistic about the results on election day, but the defeat of Barney Frank at the polls has been to sweet to contemplate. Now it seems possible, even likely. Doctor, where’s my insulin?

PS- MK, good to see you around here again.

novaculus on October 13, 2010 at 3:33 PM

AND he is a person of low morals who let his lover run a male prostitution business out of his apartment. Which of course he denied knowing about.

csdeven on October 13, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Please don’t get me excited about this only to watch Frank cruise to reelection with 2/3 of the district voting for him. I have a bad feeling this is Murtha all over again.

Although I suppose most people there backing Frank for the pork(no pun intended, BTW) have to realize there’s gonna be less money coming back from DC with the GOP poised to retake the House.

Doughboy on October 13, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I hate to be a buzzkill, but I think Frank will withstand the challenge.

catmman on October 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I’m not so sure about this… Instapundit has a link to an article discussing how Tea Party people were knocking on doors in Massachusetts which is interesting.

The article said that, in most cases, they were about to get the door slammed on them until the word “Republican” came out of their mouth, at which point they were invited in and the people took the campaign literature.

Sounds like people there have gotten sick of single-party rule which has protected idiots like Fwank and Deval Patrick for too long.

teke184 on October 13, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Barney sent Sean a letter and Sean responded. Sean 1; Barney 0.

Buy Danish on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Just THINK of the sweet juicy justice of Barney Frank being removed from Congress. THINK of IT!!

For me, that thought is just too incredibly delicious to pass up. The gravy is that Bielat is an excellent candidate who would most likely make a stellar congressman.

If beating Frank IS an impossible dream, well, I’m willing to put up some money to make it a little more possible. Sooooo, just donated $100 to the Bye Bye Barney Moneybomb.

Come on, isn’t it worth even a measley $5 for the possibility of being able to say “I had a hand in getting Barney Frank out of Congress”? Isn’t it????

Kirin on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

mankai on October 13, 2010 at 3:33 PM

yeah, he’s Harvey Milk 2.0, yeah…YEAH!…./

ducking

ted c on October 13, 2010 at 3:39 PM

thuffering thuckatash!!

pecan pie on October 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Hate to say it, but Perry, Golnik and probably even Hudak have a better shot in Mass then Bielat. Its a good story and I know national conservatives would love to see Barney go down. But I’d like to see then drop money on behalf of Golnik.

With Deval on the ticket, the moonbats of Newton and Brookline will come out. And the Southern base of the district is very poor. Lots of immigrants.

Tough district. The only way a unknown conservative wins is if enough voters stay home.

swamp_yankee on October 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Barney sent Sean a letter and Sean responded. Sean 1; Barney 0.

Buy Danish on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

That is awesome!

Bielat 2012!

mankai on October 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Of course Barney Frank will win.

Just imagine you are a resident of his district, and you have to choose between keeping him a thousand miles away or having him move back into your neighborhood.

No contest.

TABoLK on October 13, 2010 at 3:43 PM

If Frank gets ousted, I shudder to think of the celebration on the right. I think Allah would need to find a super humpbot video. Wait, forget about thinking of it, we need to prepare for it!

If Scott Brown took that district, then the sky’s the limit. Tie that sucker to all the slime and entitlement he’s got.

joeindc44 on October 13, 2010 at 3:43 PM

The murtha deal isn’t fair. His opponent was a write in, I believe.

lorien1973 on October 13, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Barney sent Sean a letter and Sean responded. Sean 1; Barney 0.

Buy Danish on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

On second thought, I think the better answer would have been “Jim DeMint caused the recession.”

mankai on October 13, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Since the momentum has been building, and these soon-to-be-losers are whining and blaming everyone but themselves, I would like to think that this is possible.
I think there’s so many fed up taxpayers, from coast-to-coast, that have reached the tipping point.

tru2tx on October 13, 2010 at 3:45 PM

The only thing about Barney Frank that would make me happier than to see his political career ended in three weeks would be to see him led away in handcuffs to prison wearing a wife partner-beater and a pair of scat-stained boxers.

His role in the Fanny-Freddie scheme and collapse MUST be accounted for. Bernie Madoff went to prison for bilking the American people of billions in wealth. Barney Frank should join him.

IronDioPriest on October 13, 2010 at 3:47 PM

If this happens Rush needs to open the show with “Banking Queen” because this would be oh, so sweet. Seriously. I would go dancing around the room when they announce it, or be so flabbergasted I’m unable to move!

lizzie beth on October 13, 2010 at 3:48 PM

yeah, he’s Harvey Milk 2.0, yeah…YEAH!…./

ducking

ted c on October 13, 2010 at 3:39 PM

You sir are one brave man, bravo!

fourdeucer on October 13, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Very cool.

Esthier on October 13, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Please, please, please throw a few bucks to Bielat and help rid us of this dangerous fool Frank.

4Freedom on October 13, 2010 at 3:51 PM

csdeven on October 13, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Heh, resume enhancement in progressive circles

lukespapa on October 13, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I hate to be a buzzkill, but I think Frank will withstand the challenge.

catmman on October 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Of course it’s a longshot. But you won’t win if you don’t even try, which has been the case most years. Plus, if Barney, Jim Moran, Hoyer, Oberstar, Ike Skelton, John Spratt, Dingle & Co., are having to run actual campaigns and are feeling the pressure, and some of those guys ARE going to go down then some of the mid hanging fruit is going to get swept away in the wash that we’re not thinking about because these types of races keep conservatives fired up and wanting to vote & help out.

lizzie beth on October 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM

The chances of Bielat legitimately winning are decent, his chances of winning beyond the margin of voter fraud – pretty small.

We as a country really need to do something about voter fraud, it’s been joked about and winked at for far too long.

Rebar on October 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM

..besides, Mary Katherine, it allows we on the right to crow: “Madame Speaker! Tear down those Firewalls!”

The War Planner on October 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM

In any other year Barney Frank would probably win re-election and win big. But this is NOT like other years.

Right now, there are seats up for grabs that Cook and others have moved to Toss Up that have NEVER been even THOUGHT of as possible Dem losses! Signs are continuously cropping up that there is no such thing as a Safe Seat in this election.

The Wave is coming, there is little doubt. How BIG a wave depends on us. If you can, dig out $5, send it to Bielat and be able to say that YOU had a small part in kicking Barney Frank OUT of Congress!!

Kirin on October 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM

“….and a Coakley-esque sense of entitlement to his position.”

You could have also used Murky-esque.

Rovin on October 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Here is the chart that shows how VERY POSSIBLE it is for Republican Sean Bielat to defeat Rep. Barney Frank.

Republican Senator Scott Brown won election in Massachusetts including in Rep. Barney Frank’s 4th District.

In 2008, Barney Frank won re-election with the lowest percentage of votes (64%) of all of the Massachusetts Congressional Districts. The rest of the Congressional Districts ranged from 67%-76%.

Please do whatever you can to help Sean Bielat defeat Rep. Barney Frank!

wren on October 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM

After learning that I had donated to Scott Brown, my brother who lives in Groton gave me a heads up on this race last month. Liking what I read on Sean I sent him a 20 spot. Best Jackson I ever spent.

God speed Sean Bielat!

eyesky on October 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Kirin on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Agreed, but I’d wash that hand with anti-bacterial soap afterwards.

ontherocks on October 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM

In a way, although very convenient, I wish we did not have absentee ballots (except for our service men and women, of course!). This has probably been hashed over before; What party, especially in this election, has more fire in their bellies to make it to the polls no matter what? As opposed to; Well, here’s this ballot in the mail, guess I’ll fill it out, put a stamp on it, send it. I don’t think there would be a question of the outcome if the walk-in vote was the only thing in play.

betsyz on October 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM

lizzie beth on October 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM

All that is true. Its just that in crunch time, resource allocation is key. Its the $$$ that concerns me. I hope they have some inside info and are not basing the infusion of cash on the desire to beat Barney.

In Mass, Dems are spending heavily against Perry. Jon Golnik is the real sleeper. Hudak is decent, but his opponent just got netted in a major scandal.

We need to focus on winning and not just beating people we hate. Tsongans and Tierney are tottering right now, much more so then Barney, but thta race is getting all the press.

swamp_yankee on October 13, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I sent $. Can’t afford much, but it’s worth it, just for the chance.

jodetoad on October 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Kirin on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

You convinced me. Just sent the major a C-note.

Dominion on October 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM

WATERS: Through nearly a dozen hearings where, frankly, we were trying to fix something that wasn’t broke. Mr. Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac, and in particular at Fannie Mae, under the outstanding leadership of Mr. Frank Raines.
***
FRANK: (also about Fannie/Freddie concerns being raised): You seem to be saying, “Well, these are in areas which could raise safety and soundness problems.” I don’t see anything in your report that raises safety and soundness problems. … But I have seen nothing in here that suggests that the safety and soundness are an issue, and I think it serves us badly to raise safety and soundness as a kind of a general shibboleth when it does not seem to me to be an issue.

Bielat’s ads simply write themselves.

LASue on October 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Then why dont Brown campaign for Bielat?

WoosterOh on October 13, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Cool beans

cmsinaz on October 13, 2010 at 4:08 PM

A few words in praise of Barney Frank. He has been the loudest voice against the UIGEA which made online poker illegal and caused a lot of conservatives to sit home in 2006.

Bill C on October 13, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Poor Nell.

ronsfi on October 13, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Kirin on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Done did it. You have the sales personality/ability of Omaha Conservative, who used to post here.

Mirimichi on October 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Rebar on October 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM

The problem for someone like Frank is that he’s won with such overwhelming margins before that he never needed to cheat (or cheat that much).

So he may not have a ballot-box stuffing machine in place, i.e, no armies of people who go from polling place to polling place on buses, claiming to be registered and asking for provisional ballots. It’s not that he can’t organize something, but it would be improvised.

It’s probably too late to register dead people, too.

Wethal on October 13, 2010 at 4:14 PM

This article in the Boston Herald is even more motivation to help Sean Bielat defeat Rep. Barney Frank:

Frank, who’s facing feisty Republican challenger Sean Bielat, flew to the tropical paradise for a vacation in 2009 on a $25 million jet owned by Paloma Partners honcho S. Donald Sussman, the fiance of U.S. Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-Maine). Paloma Securities — a subsidiary of Sussman’s Greenwich, Conn.-based hedge fund — received $200 million in 2009 as part of the $180 billion federal bailout of troubled insurance giant AIG, records show.

If we all work hard to help Sean Bielat win this race, we will earn a HUGE VICTORY PARTY on Nov. 2!

Call everybody you know in Massachusetts’ 4th District to convince them to vote for Sean Bielat!

wren on October 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Barney sent Sean a letter and Sean responded. Sean 1;Barney 0.

Buy Danish on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

That is awesome!

Bielat 2012!

mankai on October 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM

MKat- PLEASE drop this link as an update in the article

Love it

conservativescientist on October 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I heard a clip of the debate between these two and it was pee in yer pants hilarious!

Bawney sounded just like Milton (in Office Space) mumbling about his red stapler.

tru2tx on October 13, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Due to his actions in Congress I hold Barney Frank personally responsible for the $150k loss I took on the sale of my home.
You bet I have contributed to his opponent!

mjzman on October 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Gotta bring it out.

Do you believe in Miralces? YES!

You gotta believe.

BuckeyeSam on October 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Mass. voters have already proven that they don’t have a problem with homosexuals, so now they can prove that they DO have a problem with “the stink” of bailout and incompetence.

disa on October 13, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Just the DREAM of getting rid of that bloated piece of cow dung was well worth the money I just donated to Bielat’s campaign. That letter to Bawney is tempting me to go back and add even more…know what? I think I will.

EyeSurgeon on October 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I just did. Feels so good…

EyeSurgeon on October 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Even though removing Barney is probably a long shot it does make me giddy to think about it! That’s right….GIDDY!
I am on my way to donate my $$$ to the cause and even if he stays I hope he really has to sweat it out.

SgtRed on October 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM

When the moon is in the 7th house………

faol on October 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Agreed, but I’d wash that hand with anti-bacterial soap afterwards.

ontherocks on October 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Ewww, you have an excellent point. lol

I sent $. Can’t afford much, but it’s worth it, just for the chance.

jodetoad on October 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Hey, every bit helps a whole lot! Think Rush once said on a broadcast that if even a fraction of his listeners sent one dollar each to a given candidate, that would be huge. :)

You convinced me. Just sent the major a C-note.

Dominion on October 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Bless you! It may end up being futile, but dammit, we won’t know unless we try!

Then give people more data! Link Golnik’s website and start some buzz for the man! You never know who might be reading this and will respond with some $ for him. Who is the Dem he’s opposing? Is there any impact of the race on the national scene aside from simply taking over the House?

Barney Frank was such an integral part of the entire housing fiasco and has flaunted his disregard for the very people that are his true bosses that it’s a natural reaction on the part of conservatives to want to help him find other employment after Nov. 2.

Kirin on October 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM

betsyz on October 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Boy it’s funny that you mentioned that. I just got a mail-in ballot form from the MA republican party today and I meant to post about it on this thread. Republicans are also getting ballots in the mail, so your scenario doesn’t seem all that bad. If this was any other year I would have thrown it away.

Mord on October 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Kirin on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Ya sold me – I’m in.

I have a feeling I may have a hangover on November 3rd.

tru2tx on October 13, 2010 at 4:35 PM

tru2tx on October 13, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Here is the link to the debate between Sean Bielat and Rep. Barney Frank for those who missed it.

Slam dunk victory for Sean Bielat!

Our country deserves better Representatives than Barney Frank! Vote Barney Frank OUT OF OFFICE!

wren on October 13, 2010 at 4:38 PM

swamp_yankee on October 13, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Okay, I’ve already sent money to Dick Morris’s new PAC because I think he’s being very aggressive at finding and targeting vulnerable House races, I will send some to both of those two you mentioned.

I hope you & your friends are doing all you can to help on the ground, I’m not a big help here in TX. I happen to think the pitches come better from those that are local.

lizzie beth on October 13, 2010 at 4:38 PM

If Bielat wins, how fast do you think some pundit calls the voters homophobic? Let’s have a pool!

PattyJ on October 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I don’t know if I can be optimistic enough to think Rep. Frank would be defeated but I like that the voters are getting his attention.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Mirimichi on October 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM

lol Thanks! I remember OC’s posts. Normally, I’m one of the quieter, more-lurking-than-posting HA readers, but the coming conservative Wave and the possibility of being part of taking Frank out of Congress has gotten me a touch more vocal than usual. lol

Kirin on October 13, 2010 at 4:44 PM

BuckeyeSam on October 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM

this will be perfect come 02Nov

cmsinaz on October 13, 2010 at 4:47 PM

lizzie beth on October 13, 2010 at 4:38 PM

They’ll appreciate it. Here’s some background info on who you will be supporting.

Tierney(D) is a real jerk. Not just because he’s a liberal, but people just dont like him. He’s really arrogant. His wife just got busted in a million dollar tax fraud over illegal off shore gambling.

Hudak is rising fast and he’s hitting Tierney, but he’s not getting much press – yet. I worry the Barney Frank race is sucking up all the air.

Tsongas and Golnik are vying for a district that is becoming rapidly conservative. Scott Brown had big numbers there. Tsongas is literally part of the elite. She’s the wife of Paul Tsongas. She inherited the seat.

Golnik, I think, is going to win. Jeff Perry too.

I think Sean is running a great campaign, but is notch beneath the others.

swamp_yankee on October 13, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Ok, I want to believe so I gave him $25 too.

stldave on October 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM

All Bielat needs to do, is to continue to link Barney Frank to failed Fanny Mae and our economic collapse…

… Whenever he brings up the issue, you just know Frank’s sphincter starts to pucker.

Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on October 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Heh, resume enhancement in progressive circles

lukespapa on October 13, 2010 at 3:52 PM

You’re right. I didn’t even consider that.

csdeven on October 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Barney sent Sean a letter and Sean responded. Sean 1; Barney 0.

Buy Danish on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

That was excellent. Barney’s letter was somewhat snarky, with little jabs like, “I look forward to your response, either now or during our debates, should you appear at them.”

If I were Sean, I would have addressed the letter, “To my Dear Future Constituent Mr. Frank.”

But that’s just me.

UltimateBob on October 13, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Mord on October 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Yeah, it works both ways regarding absentee ballots. But, somehow, I just can’t imagine getting so whipped-up on election day, that if I was a Dem., and I physically had to get to the booth, maybe being late for work, long lunch, etc., just to cast that vote for Frank, Boxer, Reid, and all the other assorted disasterous lunatics on the left…thinking, yes! let’s make sure we keep these people in office! It’s been great so far!

betsyz on October 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Frankly my dear, Barney has got to go!

Sean Bielat is a breath of fresh air that is badly needed in Washington! I can send a little $$.

P.S. Hi Mary Katharine!!

TN Mom on October 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM

lonesomecharlie on October 13, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Barney sent Sean a letter and Sean responded. Sean 1; Barney 0.

Buy Danish on October 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Sean didn’t hold back:

You have had three decades in Congress to help ensure the long-term viability of Social Security, but repeatedly we see reform fail based on highly partisan approaches on both sides of the aisle. It is better for career politicians to use scare tactics rather than talk about real but potentially unpopular approaches to reform. That is why we need real leadership in Washington.

With that settled, perhaps you can send me additional letters asking for my positions on your driving role in the housing market crash, foreclosures, double-digit unemployment, the failed stimulus billions, a bank bailout that does nothing for regular workers and families while bankers collect bonus billions, the skyrocketing cost of health insurance, funneling over $12 million of taxpayers’ money to a friend’s bank, and many, many other issues on which my opinion might interest you and voters.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SEAN, GO!!!!!!!!!

TN Mom on October 13, 2010 at 5:32 PM

betsyz on October 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM

You have a great point, but don’t think you’ll have to worry too much. Have you seen the mail-in ballots? It’s like a RMV form, lol. Your typical voter will have to WANT to vote if they are willing to fill the thing out and put a stamp on it. Democrats, I think, are probably not motivated as a group in anywhere near the same numbers as the majority of the country who are not habitual voters. There a millions of people who never bother to vote that are very mad right now. That is the sole reason we are even talking about Berny Frank’s possible defeat in a mid-term election.

Mord on October 13, 2010 at 5:37 PM

How could Barn lose a debate to a nobody like Bielat? We’ve been told for years that Barn is one of the most intelligent members of Congress, and, — wait for it, — he went to Hahvahd.

slickwillie2001 on October 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Frank has ties to the mortgage disaster

Ties??? That corrupt, incompetent, lisping fool was one of the major architects of the housing meltdown — from his whoring for “social justice/wealth redistribution” legislation like the CRA, to his (literal) whoring around with male execs at FM/FM (while pushing for the unstable GSE’s to take on more and more risky loans).

Frank is a menace to the country, and it’s long past time for the voters of Massachusetts to retire this friggin’ moron. I’m going to contribute to Sean’s campaign right now. I wish I could give more, but thanks to Frank’s idiocy, I’m taking a six-figure loss on the sale of my AZ house. Thanks again, Ma$$hole Barney Frank.

AZCoyote on October 13, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Homophobes.

CWforFreedom on October 13, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Bwahhnee Bwahhnee Bwahhnee… Your time is up! As your boyfriend likes to say to you, “take it like a man TOODLES!”

JustJP on October 13, 2010 at 7:07 PM

>>If Barney had kept his Frank out of Freddie Mac’s Fanny, Mae be we wouldn’t be in this mess.<<

lonesomecharlie on October 13, 2010 at 5:31 PM

LMAO Charlie!!

JustJP on October 13, 2010 at 7:10 PM

and some of those guys ARE going to go down then some of the mid hanging fruit is going to get swept away in the wash…

lizzie beth on October 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM

A typical Weekend at Barney’s?

dthorny on October 13, 2010 at 7:22 PM

To me, this is the head of the snake that crippled the economy. This guy is a loud mouthed shnook and is the best target to defeat.

royzer on October 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM