Quotes of the day

posted at 10:37 pm on October 12, 2010 by Allahpundit

“Nobody would go so far as to call it a comeback. But Bill Clinton’s appearances on the midterm election trail are starting to turn voters’ heads in a way that Barack Obama’s simply are not.

“Democratic operatives say that Mr Clinton, who went through in 1994 the kind of setback that pollsters say Mr Obama will face in less than three weeks, is more effective at presenting the election as a choice between starkly different alternatives rather than a referendum on what people think of the Obama administration…

“‘Bill Clinton is about as close to a secret weapon as the Democratic party has got,’ says Norm Ornstein, a political analyst at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. ‘He has this ability to fire up the Democratic base that almost nobody else can do right now.’ Mr Clinton’s intervention in Kentucky, where Jack Conway, the Democratic candidate, is locked in a tight race with Rand Paul, the Tea Party icon, is a good case in point…

“Acknowledging voter anger in a state where Mr Obama has 29 per cent rating, among the lowest in the country, Mr Clinton added: ‘I am old enough to know that if you make a decision when you are mad – and I am not just talking about politics here – there is about an 80 per cent chance you will make a mistake.’”

***
“Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, said in an interview last month that Clinton ‘will go down in history as a better president’ than Obama. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., a rising GOP star, told The New York Times he enjoys the ex-president and that when he was in power, ‘the nation benefited’ from his moderation — at least in the last six years. Ex-Clinton foe David Bossie, now the head of the Citizens United group behind the Supreme Court decision that tore apart campaign finance law, told The Daily Beast he was wrong to think Clinton was a ‘radical’ in the ’90s…

“Putting aside Monica Lewinsky for a moment, [Bonjean] said Clinton ‘was viewed much more as a pragmatic leader and one who tried to make bipartisan deals such as the welfare reform bill or balancing the budget.’

“‘He understood that even though he’s president, he needed Congress,’ Bonjean said. ‘Obama doesn’t think that way.’”

***
Via the Blaze.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Just mention Christine O’Donnell and stand back.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:04 AM

That is correct..Plus I left out the one where the man did not pay his $75.00 fire fee and the Fire Department watched his house burn down

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Dang it! There is nothing more fun than a moderate vs conservative fight on HA…..

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:09 AM

IDK

What about the Kitteh threads?

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Speaking of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood… Zero and Mooch could do a reality show equivalent of Eddie Murphy’s SNL spoof “Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood.”

Jed Clampett made his millions before moving to the city though Mark Rich could play Mr. Drysdale and Reno could play Miss Jane.

That AlGore would be Jethro goes without saying. “See that see-ment pond out there yonder Jethro? A polar bear was innit afore the ice melted.” “Really Pa !??” Sniff.

viking01 on October 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM

A serial dress-soiler and intern Cohibatator is now held in higher regard that the Anointed Light Bringer?

You don’t get it. George W. was a hard core drug user and long-time alcoholic, even if you’d like to pretend that Republicans are morally superior to the little people of the world.

Bush and Clinton are the kind of guys you want to watch a football game with. You can’t say the same about Obama or Bush Sr. and that’s the difference.

bayam on October 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Well, did the moderates here finally out themselves? Were there any ‘surprises’?

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:13 AM

viking01 on October 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM

We need to get Gloria Allred involved.

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM

You really want to drag out the moral authoritarians don’t you?

Uhm, I think we can all safely agree the first category for sure.

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:13 AM

The first signs of being a moderate:

Rabidly lashing out at Michelle Malkin

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I’ve almost become a feminist because of some of the stuff said here. I don’t want to be a feminist.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Wait a minute! I thought that Mee-shell (ma belle) was supposed to be the silver bullet to save the Dems, she being so popular and all.

BTW What were the hecklers saying to Bill the Bulbous Nose in that video clip?

onlineanalyst on October 13, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM

You’re right that was another good one.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:16 AM

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:13 AM

I think you would be surprised at the people who dislike Christine O’Donnell. Not all of them the usual suspects.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM

BTW What were the hecklers saying to Bill the Bulbous Nose in that video clip?

onlineanalyst on October 13, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Where’s Monica!!

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:19 AM

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Uh oh…me neither.

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:20 AM

John the Libertarian on October 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Yes you Libertarians do that sometimes/sarc tag..:)

PS..Upset of the week..Wisconsin beats Ohio State?..Can it happen?..

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM

canopfor on October 12, 2010 at 11:58 PM
===============================
Holy smokes. I had no idea I’d sparked such a firestorm with Purple Fury in that thread. I was attacking Grayson for perverting and politicizing the Good Book, but it seems my snark didn’t go over well.

John the Libertarian on October 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM

John the Libertarian:Well,one of Malkins original intent of
H/A was to laugh,and have humour,at le
ast,thats what I seek,except for the
serious threads,but,I come to talk,not
fight!

And whatever anyone style is,I don`t
fault it,Hawkdriver has been in the
theatre to fight for his country,and
he comes home,hardly reconizing it,from
Hope and Change,and frankly Hawk makes
a world of sense,he gets a bit heated,
and I respect that!!:)

canopfor on October 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I’m with El Rushbo..something is wrong for the Dems to be sending “The One” and bringing in more ground help for Coons..I don’t think COD is trailing as bad as the polls say..:)

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Wisconsin beats Ohio State?..Can it happen?..

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I dunno… Pryor is one hell of a quarterback…

John the Libertarian on October 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:27 AM

I saw a comment that said that The Won was going to a sure winner to break the string of losers he has stumped for. That seems a bit to convoluted but we are not dealing with your run of the mill regular narcissist.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:27 AM

I agree… I thing the Dems are trying the “okeydoke”… Or is it a “bamboozle”?

Khun Joe on October 13, 2010 at 12:36 AM

I dunno… Pryor is one hell of a quarterback…

John the Libertarian on October 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM

You are right about Pryor..The one big thing is Wisconsin is playing at home..It should be a good one..:)

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM
========================

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Dire Straits:Heard that from Rush today,I can`t understand
why a sitting President,especially Obama,is
going after O’Donnell,besides Golfing and va
cations,hes busy campaigning,it reminds me alot
of Bill Clinton!!:)

Its getting late,I’m off,Sweety Totty Dreams!!
–:)

canopfor on October 13, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Goodnight…it was good to see everyone!

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Oops,my manners,Nite all,Sweet Dreams———-:)

canopfor on October 13, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Goodnight…it was good to see everyone!

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:39 AM

HornetSting:Yes,Nitey-Nite,its great your back———:)

canopfor on October 13, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I think you are right..I think that Obie is trying to rally the Unions ..:)

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:41 AM

viking01 on October 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM

We need to get Gloria Allred involved.

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Agreed. Then Gloria Allred could go on TV and say Kenya forced Hawaii to forge Obama’s birth certificate and she has the Obama-daddy’s handwriting on the letter. Then we can evict both Obama and Meg Whitman’s maid at the same border crossing.

viking01 on October 13, 2010 at 12:42 AM

HornetSting on October 13, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Good night, sweet dreams. If you talk to Knucklehead and thomassur we need the back also.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:43 AM

What is devastating will be the loss of WV. That is the pivotal State to take back the Senate. If we lose the Senate now it will appear to the whole country that we lost this year.

Jdripper on October 13, 2010 at 12:43 AM

I agree… I thing the Dems are trying the “okeydoke”… Or is it a “bamboozle”?

Khun Joe on October 13, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Maybe..Plus why aren’t the Dems sending in Joe Biden to Delaware?..It was his old Senate seat..something smells bad for the Dems..:)

Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:44 AM

I think I will call it a night also. They are now psychoanalyzing the length of the hugs the miners are giving their loved ones. A sure sign of too much time to fill. Congratulations to the miners, their families and Chile. Good night everyone and again sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Clinton’s a hero to the democrats because he was a pot smoking kid, a womanizing pig, an unfaithful husband, an impeached president, a disbarred lawyer, a pathological liar, and a convicted sexual harasser. Yep, that’s as close to a secret weapon as the democrats can get alright.

I know, I know, but he’s such a lovable reprobate.

I know.

Mojave Mark on October 13, 2010 at 12:51 AM

PS..Upset of the week..Wisconsin beats Ohio State?..Can it happen?..
Dire Straits on October 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM

If Barry were still coaching, I’d say yes. Definitely. This were the types of games that Barry thrived on and he usually got his team ready.

I’m not so sure about Bielema. I think he’s a few cheese slices short of a full sampler.

My prediction is that Wisconsin outplays tOSU and loses by 10 thanks to some big plays by Pryor and stupid decisions by BB.

PackerBronco on October 13, 2010 at 1:11 AM

I’m still waiting for Sarjex’s “Great Lean Forward” cartoon.

The possibilities are endless.

hillbillyjim on October 13, 2010 at 3:53 AM

OT:

I just pull in my morning issue of The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Above the fold, front-section headline: Dems pull ads for Driehaus. Decision may indicate surrender.

BuckeyeSam on October 13, 2010 at 4:30 AM

Watch the last week and see what goes on…..who goes where…..who the WHouse sends out……..and let’s lower…..LOWER…expectations.

I’ll do my part……….TEANAMI….20 seat CONSERVATIVE seat pickup or bust!!

PappyD61 on October 13, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Patty Murray is calling out the Big Dog plus Biden and the Wife.

She’s going down. I’m going to go out on a limb and say Boxers going down too.
But I’m not making no Manlyrash statement.

B Man on October 13, 2010 at 7:21 AM

B Man on October 13, 2010 at 7:21 AM

i’m just worried there are still enough kool aid drinkers asleep at the wheel that will vote for boxer…

cmsinaz on October 13, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Clinton proclaims psychiatric care is required for those who remain angry too long. “Blame Bush” didn’t stop after 8 years, didn’t stop after Bush left office, as Obama perpetuated that anger throughout his first 20 months in office. Evidently, Bill Clinton thinks that Obama needs psychiatric care.

maverick muse on October 13, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Considering how bitter and angry Obama has been while potus, abandoning responsibilities for perpetual vacations, never getting back to his Commanding Generals in the field of war until firing them for performing as initially commanded, Clinton’s remark that 80% of Obama’s decisions being wrong makes too much sense.

And the blind high regard that Republicans attribute to Bill Clinton is really pathetic. Bill’s self esteem is already as the greatest man on earth. Lending him credence while observers listen attentively, receptively, is foolish. BOSNIA tail wags the dog! WACO assassinations of Davidian women, children and men without a trial, without evidence! As if Clinton didn’t try shoving ClintonCare down America’s throat for starters, as if Clinton was a “great” president for now. That’s so sick.

Obama AAA status
anger
arrogance
amnesia

maverick muse on October 13, 2010 at 7:49 AM

“Putting aside Monica Lewinsky for a moment, still a no-good lying bastard!

try again later on October 13, 2010 at 7:49 AM

And based on past performance Democrats can be fully confident that the Republican leadership will be slow, hapless, weak, easily scared. Instead of being truly opposed to the left’s schemes the GOP leadership ends up doing the same thing, but slower and in smaller increments.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/Examiner-Opinion-Zone/Election-season-enters-the-red-zone-104737729.html#ixzz12ErMJxOu

are you listening GOP…you can not go back to democrat lite once you get back into control…good article

cmsinaz on October 13, 2010 at 7:49 AM

As many people who voted for Obama now understand.

disa on October 13, 2010 at 8:29 AM

So is Clinton admitting the country made a mistake in 2008 when they voted for democraps in the WH and Congress ’cause they were mad’ at Republicans? If so, I would have to agree with him. Or is he just reprising the 90s theme, that voters don’t vote for repubs cause they agree with their principles, but only because they are throwing temper tantrums?

eaglewingz08 on October 13, 2010 at 8:41 AM

cmsinaz on October 13, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I just noticed that RCP has Boxer’s lead down to 3.7%

B Man on October 13, 2010 at 8:51 AM

We’re having a it’s come to this moment when we start thinking fondly of Clinton. How far back will we have to reminisce in 2012? The guys a dirt bag, serial woman abuser who managed to use charm to get elected to the WH. Sounds more like Barry every day.

Kissmygrits on October 13, 2010 at 8:51 AM

B man, good news!

cmsinaz on October 13, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Kissmygrits on October 13, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Clinton is a spineless weasel, but to be fair, he’s a smart politician.
His finger is more intelligent then Obama.

Obama is a narrow minded blinker-wearing ideologue. Right next to Hillary on the spectrum. Clinton doesn’t seem like that to me.
Maybe I’m wrong about that, but he doesn’t come off as stupid and clueless like O does.

B Man on October 13, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I turned on the computer and saw that picture of Clinton and realizzed that I had just woken from a vivid dream that Billy boy had died.
I guess not.

ORconservative on October 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Are we sure that BHO is going to allow elections in 2012?

d1carter on October 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM

It’s not up to the 0 to “allow” elections. We The People will have Elections. They might be a month late while we sift the ashes of D.C. for survivors…but elections will be held.

Who is John Galt on October 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM

“The big dog”?

The word is “hound”…

mojo on October 13, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I still love the Big Dawg. but not even he could induce me to vote for a Democrat with Obama in the WH.

ginaswo on October 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM