Hotline: Carl Paladino cursed Eric Holder at a town hall seven months ago or something

posted at 5:34 pm on October 12, 2010 by Allahpundit

Not that it matters much given the turn in the polls, but he’s getting a bad rap here. Skip ahead to 2:05 for the question about terrorist trials in New York; a double F-bomb quickly follows, which Hotline claims comes from Paladino himself. I don’t think so. I heard what McCormack and AOL News heard, namely, that it sounds like it’s coming from a guy in the audience sitting near the camera. For one thing, there’s no mic reverb on the F-bombs, as there is with everything else Paladino is heard saying, and as McCormack notes, he appears to be in the process of responding to the question as the second curse is uttered. Consider this grim evidence, though, of how firmly the impression of him as a loose cannon has taken hold: At this point, it’s not totally implausible that he might have said something like this. Which is why even my otherwise stalwart conservative buddy Karol is passing on the gubernatorial race this year.

Here’s the statement he released this afternoon clarifying his position on gays. I’m not following the race closely but my impression is that he hasn’t spent a single day in the past month on the offensive against Cuomo. Hard to win the game when the other team always has the ball.

Comments

Eh, it’s New York, one step behind Michigan and California on the road to ruin. If they like having Big Daddy control every aspect of their lives then go for it, at least I don’t have to live there.

Bishop on October 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM

OMG, hold the presses. Someone cursed Eric Holder. If I weren’t a perfect lady at all times(he! he!)I’d enjoy cursing him too.

jeanie on October 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Carl Paladino: The John McCain of New York’s 2010 Gubernatorial Race.

amerpundit on October 12, 2010 at 5:40 PM

So did I.

doufree on October 12, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I’ll refer them to the words of Mike Brady:

“Now Cindy, nobody likes a tattletale”

Skywise on October 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM

F Holder the commie.

SirGawain on October 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Not knowing the play by play of this race, but sure seems this Paladino guy is running a horrible campaign. Can’t this guy stay focused on the most pressing issue of the day: the financial solvency of our government (local, state and federal level)?

WashJeff on October 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Hard to win the game when the other team always has the ball.

It’s also hard to win the game when you’re a jackass.

Mark1971 on October 12, 2010 at 5:44 PM

It’s New York, a place where the state bird is the middle finger and the state motto is “Hey get outta my way, jack@ss!”

I somehow doubt that the entire state has turned into a bunch of shrinking violets overnight.

teke184 on October 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Democrats daily curse people who left office two years ago and we’re supposed to be offended because someone makes an off the cuff remark against our utterly worthless circus clown of an Attorney General?

Unbelievable.

NoDonkey on October 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Goddamn America Eric Holder!*

*brought to you by the committee to goddamn Eric (the Red) Holder.

hillbillyjim on October 12, 2010 at 5:48 PM

He has my vote. I remember in 77 when all the signs in my neighborhood said vote for Cuomo not the Homo.

400lb Gorilla on October 12, 2010 at 5:48 PM

This is a big F’in deal.

lorien1973 on October 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Why wouldn’t anyone sane curse Eric Holder? He’s the only AG that I can think of who punted after a first down. Puhleeeze.

hillbillyjim on October 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM

If he did, it may help him in the polls.

Vashta.Nerada on October 12, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Unless he is a ventriloquist, he was not the one saying it. You can clearly see/hear him begin to respond while the same voice that said the first flubberty says a second one.

MississippiMom on October 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Good reason to vote for Paladino then.

44Magnum on October 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Really?! Paladino cursed cursed Holder? The world must be coming to an end.

New York must be one of those states where the “blob” of rolling, grotesque corruption taints the ground and seeps into the minds of every citizen, right AP?

Run! Run! Run, New Yorkers! Escape the hell you have created. Just get out!

But don’t head south of the Mason Dixon. Our “blobs” are better than yours and more controllable. TIA, y’all.

Cody1991 on October 12, 2010 at 5:58 PM

It’s also hard to win the game when you’re a jackass.

Mark1971 on October 12, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Yeah, that’s why Barney Frank and Teddy Kennedy never, ever lose/lost.

Good Solid B-Plus on October 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Is there any hope for olde New York? Or…will it have to crash hard before it gets the message. Of course, CA has not gotten the message yet either. I wonder just what it will take?

jeanie on October 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Hey, there is finally someone who does not follow the “political correctness” cr@p and he’s not good enough??????? WORKS FOR ME!!!! I love the way he skips over this PC and goes straight to the heart. More of this kind of rhetoric is needed. GO PALADINO!! He still has my vote!

sicoit on October 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Is another one of those barbaric utterances that disqualify him in the eyes of RINO’s everywhere? Oh noes!!!

abobo on October 12, 2010 at 6:04 PM

You say that like its a bad thing.

Iblis on October 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Too bad I don’t live in NY anymore. I’d vote for him. This is all Dem insanity anyway. They are loosing big and who knows, maybe Palidino can pull this off. NY is a basket case. Someone has to straighten it out. Cuomo isn’t the one that can do it.

BetseyRoss on October 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Hard to win the game when the other team always has the ball media doesn’t do its job.

Anyone see any MSM stories about Cuomo’s role in Fannie & Freddie? I didn’t think so.

It would be nice if the NY resident blogger would show the same enthusiasm for NY races as Ed does for MN races.

Connie on October 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I would vote for him in a minute if I lived in NY, I find it refreshing that someone says what they think, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT. At least you know where you stand with him, not a bac stabber.
I also have nothing against gays if that’s the way they want to live, but don’t tell me and my kids it’s normal, I have my beliefs that are different.
Eric Holder is a racist of the worst kind, so far no lies so what’s the beef?

Some times the truth hurts and most people can’t handle it.

concernedsenior on October 12, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Good for him.

Haunches on October 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I BEEN LIVIN IN NYC FER 30 YEARS.

I LIKE CARL MORE EVERY DAY.

HE’S JUST THE GUY WE NEED TO KICK THE RIGHT AS*ES.

SADLY WE WILL GET ANDY HUD COMO.

reliapundit on October 12, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Yeah, what’s wrong with cursing the moron Holder?

slickwillie2001 on October 12, 2010 at 6:40 PM

“F*** him.”

That disqualifies me from being governor of NY too then. Crap.

Akzed on October 12, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Big deal. I’ve done this every few days for the last year and a half.

greggriffith on October 12, 2010 at 6:50 PM

If the KSM trial is held in NYC, Holder will hear a lot more
than that. – Paladino for the Peolpe.

diogenes on October 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM

The man comes clean on his past. Check.

He does his best with his wife to take care of his illegitimate child and protect her from the press. Check.

He tells reporters to keep away from said child in harsh terms. Check.

He wants to clean out Albany with a baseball bat. Check.

He states a preference for traditional morality and not taking his kids to Gay parades. Check.

He will protect all citizens equally and not let his personal preferences get in the way. Check.

He may have F’d Holder… well who doesn’t say that? Check.

So he is fiscally conservative, socially traditional, and is a relatively rough man with language and attitude… no WONDER that Republicans are running away from him in downstate! He doesn’t have a good manicure and pedicure like Andy does. Looks matter when you want to rob the people blind, you know. Better Andy who will schmooze for bucks than this rough talking, family oriented guy who seems to actually mean to try and make a better man of himself. Stick with the guy who is slime and is not trying to be anything better than slime.

I’m sure you’ll be better with the slime than the man trying to better himself and help his fellow man.

If the attitude ‘conservatives’ are taking to Paladino doesn’t tell you something, it should. Someone is not meaning what they are saying about conservatism both fiscal and social… just listen to the reactions to Paladino and you will figure out who doesn’t mean them.

He almost makes me wish I still lived in Buffalo… just that foot a day snow business convinces me otherwise when I think about it.

ajacksonian on October 12, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Is this supposed to be damaging?

SouthernGent on October 12, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Carl Paladino is like Chris Christie for me:
the more I hear this man speak, the better I like him!
Go, Carl!

Jenfidel on October 12, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Bishop on October 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Hey now, be nice. Say what you want about California and NY, but of the three Michigan definitely has the greatest chance of electing a Republican governor this November. Although, whether you like Rick Snyder or not, is another matter.

Goldenavatar on October 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Well I don’t want to F’him… but I hope the boys in Cellblock C get a hold of Mr. Holder soon…

phreshone on October 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I am sure that there are alot of Americans who share the same opinion of Carl Paladino in regard to Eric Holder. Calling Eric Holder, Attorney General is misnomer. The Justice Department should be called the MisJustice Department. Notice how everything that Obama and the democrats touch, they destroy. Look at the condition of our Nation. Another name for Obama should be ” The Great Divider” In less than two years- he has divided the Country.

flintstone on October 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Goldenavatar on October 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM

If we can keep ACORN/SEIU at bay, Michigan is in play. On the other shit-stained hand, if we can’t, Michigan will go Dem as always.

The machine is still in place in Michigan, even though Detroit is fit to be called a disaster area.

Go figger.

hillbillyjim on October 13, 2010 at 3:29 AM

Oh, I forgot.

Tell Holder that my SS # is BR-549.

hillbillyjim on October 13, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Here’s the thing:

Holder’s flunky told her flunkies that “we’re not interested” in prosecuting civil rights violations in which the aggrieved party is white.

Now who’s the RAAACIST?

HMMMMM?

“Post-racial” ۞bama turns into the leader of the most racialist administration ever.

Now what was that meme about post-partisan that the media was trying to sell?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It would be truly funny if the consequences weren’t so serious.

Bastards all.

hillbillyjim on October 13, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Think about it:

Post-racial

Post-partisan

The One who will bring us all together

—————————————–

How can anyone in the popular media even show their oblivious faces?

hillbillyjim on October 13, 2010 at 3:58 AM

I think you mean, “of how firmly the MFM meme of him as a loose cannon had been fisted into the orifice of Body Politic and so taken hold:…”

andycanuck on October 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Carl Paladino is the man!!! I am delighted that he isn’t polished like the polished criminal Cuomo. Cuomo should be in an orange jumpsuit, yet he parades around like he is the best thing that evah happened to NY. He will lose and then I will laugh and applaud New Yorkers for finally voting for someone who is hated by the Republican party and hated by the conservative party but whose loyalty rests with the PEOPLE of NY. Carl has my vote.

margretto on October 13, 2010 at 11:45 AM