George Soros: I’m not getting in the way of this Republican avalanche

posted at 5:43 pm on October 11, 2010 by Allahpundit

The first rule of investing: Don’t put money into a company that’s about to crash.

“I made an exception getting involved in 2004,” Mr. Soros, 80, said in a brief interview Friday at a forum sponsored by the Bretton Woods Committee, which promotes understanding of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.

“And since I didn’t succeed in 2004, I remained engaged in 2006 and 2008. But I’m basically not a party man. I’d just been forced into that situation by what I considered the excesses of the Bush administration.”

Mr. Soros, a champion of liberal causes, has been directing his money to groups that work on health care and the environment, rather than electoral politics. Asked if the prospect of Republican control of one or both houses of Congress concerned him, he said: “It does, because I think they are pushing the wrong policies, but I’m not in a position to stop it. I don’t believe in standing in the way of an avalanche.”

What does an avalanche look like? Well, per Gallup’s latest, it looks like a steady double-digit lead on the generic ballot that hasn’t budged despite a week of dopey “Democratic comeback” stories in the media. And, as Moe Lane pointed out a few minutes ago on Twitter, it looks like fully 93 Democratic House seats now in play according to the Cook Political Report — including the one held by Barney Frank. I wonder if, in 30 years of being in the House, Frank’s seat has ever showed up on Cook’s hit list before. Strange days, my friends. Magical days.

Via Big Hollywood, a little mood music on a slow holiday afternoon. Yes, that’s Zo Rachel on drums at the beginning.

Comments

EEEEVIIIIIIL foreign money political lobbyist!!

StubbleSpark on October 11, 2010 at 5:46 PM

That quote alone is worth the money and time invested in this campaign.

amerpundit on October 11, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Please o please waste your many on sinking dems

datadriver on October 11, 2010 at 5:47 PM

What about all his funding of his 501c’s??? American Center for Progress??? Mediamatters.com???? And on and on and on and on…..

reshas1 on October 11, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Ummmm no he isn’t.

Soros funds the Center for American Progress.

The Center for American Progress is attacking the Chamber of Commerce & American business/enterprise.

Axelrod ran with this lie straight to the Sunday morning shows.

tetriskid on October 11, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Barney Frank is up 14 and still in play? That sounds more like wishful thinking than anything else.

Yeah I wish too… but come on.

petunia on October 11, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Soros is already gone on to protect his investment in 2012 (i.e. — he knows Obama remains the firewall to block any action other than defunding by Congress even if the Republicans get both the House and Senate. Better to put the cash into starting to protect that firewall in two years than throw away money on a hopeless cause right now).

jon1979 on October 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Soros: (Borrowing from Monty Python) Run away!

Weebork on October 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I wonder what he may do in 2012?

upinak on October 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Catchy tune!!! Reminds me of the early Beatles…

ladyingray on October 11, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Handwriting.. meet Wall.

44Magnum on October 11, 2010 at 5:51 PM

tetriskid on October 11, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Exactly when did we start believing anything Soros says?

I think it is possible that we are now playing an expectations game and it is hard to win that one.

petunia on October 11, 2010 at 5:51 PM

jon1979 on October 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I don’t know about that. Obama is becoming toxic.

upinak on October 11, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Bob Kelso?

Abby Adams on October 11, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Apparently, even Soros is experiencing buyer’s remorse. Probably really sucks for him, since he actually paid for Obama.

ElectricPhase on October 11, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Start a pool on when Mooshelle begins throwing lamps around the WH?

bloviator on October 11, 2010 at 5:54 PM

It’ll be a cold day in hell before I’d trust this old coot. I bet he has cash funneled all over the Democratic party.

Off Topic- anyone who is inclined to watch Dancing with the stars, please vote for Bristol Palin- I’m so sick of seeing this poor kid trashed all over the media.

anniekc on October 11, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Mr. Soros, a champion of liberal causes,

And a former Nazi collaborator. Mustn’t forget that.

irishspy on October 11, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Did you mean to phrase it exactly this way?

JonPrichard on October 11, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Actually, Soros already OWNS considerable interest in government.

Soros got what he wanted, the legislation mandating opportunism for such as he to provide the services to run ObamaCare, and to profit from idiotic EPA mandates. He legally sucks our blood.

maverick muse on October 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM

ElectricPhase on October 11, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Along with the Chinese no doubt.

On a side note, could we have a different picture up their, that one is going to give me nightmares.

Chip on October 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Soros needs to be investigated – there has been and is a lot of criminally swirling around him.

Anyone know a republican with the balls to take Mr. Soros on?

Rebar on October 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Be careful about being so eleated where Soros is concerned. With all the currency trading going on and the dollar continuing to take a nose-dive, this could be America’s October Surprise. Progressive Agenda Complete.

Key West Reader on October 11, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Give me the government money

Big public spending projects have never been less popular — but financier George Soros says they’re exactly what we need to kick-start our sputtering economy.

“At times like this, where the private sector does not provide enough employment, you need the state to provide the fiscal stimulus to put people to work, because to have idle resources is a waste,” he tells NPR’s Guy Raz.

“This would be the time to improve the road system, have an intelligent grid, electricity grid, prepare for less dependence on fossil fuels,” he says. And yes, these big projects would involve some deficit spending, but Soros says he thinks that’s a burden the country can handle.

William Amos on October 11, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Anybody else notice that a George Soros face would make a really scary Halloween mask??

landlines on October 11, 2010 at 6:00 PM

This clown, along with every other hard-core leftist I’ve ever heard of, never gives up. They’re nothing if not persistent.

ncborn on October 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Spooooooky Duuuuude!

Skandia Recluse on October 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM

jon1979 on October 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Yes. And your comment reminded me of Soros’ part in destabilizing/devaluing the Almighty Dollar via investments.

maverick muse on October 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Yeah I wish too… but come on.

petunia on October 11, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Yeah, it’s a bit of wishful thinking. The last poll for the district was 48-38 in Frank’s favor, and that was a GOP pollster.

amerpundit on October 11, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Right along with more terrorist massive attacks.

maverick muse on October 11, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Did you mean to phrase it exactly this way?

JonPrichard on October 11, 2010 at 5:57 PM

TMI.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 11, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Yeah I wish too… but come on.

[petunia on October 11, 2010 at 5:49 PM]

Those aren’t poll numbers, Petunia. That’s Cook’s rating for the district based on party registrations, et al. RCP doesn’t have any polls for the race, basically meaning none have been published so far. There are internal candidate polls which there have been rumors about which is why all the talk about it.

Dusty on October 11, 2010 at 6:04 PM

He’s 80?
Whatever will the Dems do when he croaks?

ORconservative on October 11, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Abby Adams on October 11, 2010 at 5:53 PM

How dare you, madam!

Ken Jenkins is a saint.

Good Solid B-Plus on October 11, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I got my payoff. I don’t need people tracing where all that TARP money went. I am outta here!

TheBigOldDog on October 11, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I’m not getting in the way of this Republican avalanche.

Soros is not getting in the way of The Muslim Brotherhood avalanche of attacks, either. This Brotherhood declared war on America, living in America.

Soros, now you see him. Now you don’t.

maverick muse on October 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM

With any luck he won’t be around for the next election.

Kuffar on October 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM

TheBigOldDog on October 11, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Soros got his cake, and enjoys eating it, too.

maverick muse on October 11, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Ummmm no he isn’t.

Soros funds the Center for American Progress.

Axelrod ran with this lie straight to the Sunday morning shows.

tetriskid on October 11, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Yup! And guess who’s giving the orders? Yup! Soros himself. Anyone that believes this bug eyed freak, deserves the title of moron!

capejasmine on October 11, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Kuffar on October 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM

His sort buys implants, new blood and stem cells for extended life.

maverick muse on October 11, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Humpty was pushed — by George Soros.

unclesmrgol on October 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM

He’s 80?
Whatever will the Dems do when he croaks?

ORconservative on October 11, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Unfortunately he has several demon spawn that are squarely behind daddy in his beliefs.

tru2tx on October 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Hmm Soros International with foreign holdings is donating and lobbying in the American political system? Gasp, someone should tell Obama…//

canditaylor68 on October 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I think that’s a great video! “You can see your future in your coffee grounds….”

Coffee Party, heh!

ted c on October 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I’m not getting in the way of this Republican avalanche

yeah, he’s sitting in front of a fire at the lodge sipping on some hot cocoa

cmsinaz on October 11, 2010 at 6:16 PM

ConservativePartyNow on October 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I’m saddened by this, but not really shocked. Obama tinkered with NASA as a way to punish Texas. I’m sure he has more instore for us. The lil puke.

Remember the nasty storm that hit Kentucky shortly after his innauguration? I don’t think he helped them either, and several people died due to the extreme cold, with no way of heating their homes.

As I see it, we can add murderer to his , if you can call it that….resume!

capejasmine on October 11, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I don’t think they hear us yet.

ted c on October 11, 2010 at 6:19 PM

BallisticBob on October 11, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Earlier today on the radio, they said that was upward of over 300,000 votes. This was definitely a deliberate act, and defiance of a law. Dollars to donuts, no one will be punished for this.

capejasmine on October 11, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Epic fail.

BallisticBob on October 11, 2010 at 6:10 PM

indeed…

holder? anyone…holder?

cmsinaz on October 11, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Aww. It’s hard out here for a pimp.

John the Libertarian on October 11, 2010 at 6:21 PM

ElectricPhase on October 11, 2010 at 5:54 PM

He was also heavily invested in the 2 Democrat jackasses running for President and VP in 2004. He almost got them elected, too.

Wonder how he’s reacting to the John Edwards scandals?

Del Dolemonte on October 11, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Headline:
“Obama backs off statement about Chamber just in time for Soros the admit defeat”

Snort

tom0508 on October 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Ramones shirt. Classic.

John the Libertarian on October 11, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Mr. Soros, a champion of liberal causes,
And a former Nazi collaborator. Mustn’t forget that.

irishspy on October 11, 2010 at 5:55 PM

The Hades Express will be by to pick old Soros up soon enough… He won’t be able to buy himself out of that ticket.

WhoU4 on October 11, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I’m having a very good crisis.

Just a friendly reminder.

GnuBreed on October 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Be it an avalanche, freight train or garbage truck please Soros get in the way.

marinetbryant on October 11, 2010 at 6:33 PM

If there is a Hell, no doubt Soros will be a unanimous first ballot inductee to it’s Hall of Shame, with a complimentary eternal fire permit stamped by Lucifer.

ontherocks on October 11, 2010 at 6:34 PM

He is lying-What about the Secretary of State Project? He has given millions to get their type of democrats in charge, and then look the other way when ACORN and PIRG to commit voter fraud rigging the election for the democrats.

Bullhead on October 11, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Soros has problems of his own he’s got lots of splainin to do.

Less than one week after the faux Israel advocacy group J Street was caught lying about taking cash from progressive financier George Soros, new evidence has been revealed about the group that eliminate any doubt about its true intentions …vis a vis the Jewish State.

Hmm….and he’s sitting this election cycle out?

Somebody get a hold of Rick Sanchez for Comment ;)

Dr Evil on October 11, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I think it’s funny that PPP is already spinning their poll results for Nevada tomorrow…lolzzzzz…

The other reason the tie might go to Reid is that the polling in Nevada is assuming a much larger gap between Democratic and Republican turnout compared to 2008 than we’re seeing most places. In our poll tomorrow the sample reports having voted for Barack Obama by only 2 points, compared to his actual 12 point victory in the state. Even with that big dropoff in turnout from Democrats the race is still very close- but if even half of that enthusiasm gap was chopped between now and November Reid would be in a very strong position. And we have seen indication already this cycle that Democratic interest perks up as election day gets closer.

I certainly think Angle can win by a small amount but if you asked me who has the better chance of winning this by 5 or 6 points I definitely think it’s Reid.

SouthernGent on October 11, 2010 at 6:45 PM

OT: Apparently, the entire state of Texas is on obama’s enemies list. Who will be next?

ConservativePartyNow on October 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM

He’s doing a good job of killing our state of Louisiana too.

lukespapa on October 11, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Even Soros isn’t that stupid.

GarandFan on October 11, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I’m having a very good crisis.
Just a friendly reminder.

GnuBreed on October 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM

But it’s Republicans who are using evil foreign money…

Tell me who are these foreign benefactors anyway? Everyone I know of was all for the Great Obama! Somehow I don’t think even the Democrat base is going to be buying that line. The NYT didn’t even bite.

With any luck he won’t be around for the next election.

Kuffar on October 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I’m not going to say that, that would be bad, and I … but … if there ever was someone whose death would benefit the world… but he will give his money to someone and it won’t be to help anything!

petunia on October 11, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Board of Elections gaffe may nullify New York soldiers’ overseas absentee ballots

Epic fail.

BallisticBob on October 11, 2010 at 6:10 PM

The Dems do this in every election. It’s a disgrace and should be all the reason anyone needs to vote against them.

txhsmom on October 11, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Hey Obama hated Arizona first. Don’t try to cut in line!

petunia on October 11, 2010 at 6:54 PM

ConservativePartyNow on October 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM

The Arizona thing… was directed at that.

petunia on October 11, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Not come’n to America.

Speakup on October 11, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Dusty on October 11, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Rumour? Cook based his projections on rumours? He is really good.

petunia on October 11, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Soros is both evil and a liar, much like someone else I could name.

Dhuka on October 11, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I don’t think they hear us yet.
ted c on October 11, 2010 at 6:19 PM

One would think that with the mood of the country, they had better listen up, tout suite.

Because, I don’t think people are going to settle down unless there are some Major changes.

Chip on October 11, 2010 at 7:03 PM

WhoU4 on October 11, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Yes, he and Helen Thomas can keep each other company as they take her advice and “go home”.

labrat on October 11, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Soros has problems of his own he’s got lots of splainin to do.

Hmm….and he’s sitting this election cycle out?

Somebody get a hold of Rick Sanchez for Comment ;)

Dr Evil on October 11, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Can anyone really be that psychologically messed up? It would explain his leftward leanings but this is so twisted.

petunia on October 11, 2010 at 7:06 PM

he will be back…you can bet on that…

unseen on October 11, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I really don’t mind too much if Barney “TEH GENTLEMAN WILL SUSPEND!!!” Frank remains in the House. It’ll be fun watching him squirm.

fossten on October 11, 2010 at 7:08 PM

We need to find a way to extradite this worthless piece of dog crap to Europe where he can face legal charges against him.

slickwillie2001 on October 11, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I love the song / video. Post this puppy on FB/MySpace Texts/emails (another tool to use).

is it on iTunes?

PappyD61 on October 11, 2010 at 7:37 PM

I wish Soros would get in the way of a speeding bus. -spit-

Codec717 on October 11, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I would not believe or trust anything that George Soros says. He is behind all the left wing groups and with his wealth controls the White House. Obama is like the puppet and Soros is pulling the strings. He is a very evil man.

flintstone on October 11, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Key West Reader on October 11, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Exactly.

onlineanalyst on October 11, 2010 at 8:21 PM

ConservativePartyNow on October 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Texas was an independent country once.

Can be again.

Rebar on October 11, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Here’s the way it’s going to play out…I’ve said this exact thing for months. We lose by winning…but what choice do we have? But VDH explains exactly what is going to happen. This is how screwed this country has become. We have to have a BIG winner of a candidate in 2012 or we’re finished.

The Obama Rope-a-dope

AUINSC on October 11, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Strange days, my friends. Magical days.

Depressing and splendid, all at once…

Schadenfreude on October 11, 2010 at 9:30 PM

It would be nice if he ended up at the bottom of the coming avalanche.

I’m curious – what happens to his money when he dies? Will it continue to perpetrate evil?

disa on October 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Everybody forgets.

Soros pushed McCain/Feingold to weaken funding for the Democrats so his funding machine could make them more dependent. Thus the rise of the CAP/Move On/etc network.

He’d already built the network, then when the new law restricted traditional Democrat sources of funding, they stepped in to fill the gap.

Maybe that was just Phase One of the plan. I’ve been thinking for a while that Obama’s insanely effective and ruthless campaign followed by one gaffe after another almost had to be part of a plan, but that’s really just a guess.

Maybe they really are just good at one thing and bad at everything else.

Merovign on October 11, 2010 at 10:20 PM

“See You In November” was written as a response to the pathetic “F**k Tea” campaign which used some silly Brit song for a theme. Explained in the Big Hollywood article Allah linked. Gary & Shelly Eaton are frequently found over at the nightly “Stage Right” radio show of Larry O’Connor at Blog Talk Radio (on air or in the chat room). It’s a lot of fun!

Agam on October 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Don’t lefties hate Hedge Funders and Wall Streeters? This guy is the King Fish in that area, and Wall Street donates to Dem-Socialists far more than Republicans…Some education is definitely lacking on the left. This guy Soros is like the Wizard of Oz. Personally, knowing what I know about him, I hope his evil life isn’t much longer. They say only the good die young. He’s still here…….

adamsmith on October 12, 2010 at 6:55 AM

The Obama Rope-a-dope

AUINSC on October 11, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Ah, but we have investigations. And I’m not talking birth cert. or college transcripts; I mean Obama’s ‘public servant’ years. Obama has many, many skeletons in his closet, and he’s just narcissistic enough to think his cronies will never talk.

They’re gonna talk. And Obama will be lucky to last out his first term.

Grace_is_sufficient on October 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM

It would seem Mr. Soros has reached his tipping point.

Kissmygrits on October 12, 2010 at 9:08 AM