Cook moves Grayson’s district to Leans Republican

posted at 12:30 pm on October 9, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Submit to meeeeeeeeeee (via JWF):

Lean Republican. Like a bad disease, this race is so toxic thanks to Grayson that both parties wish they could quarantine it. And House Democrats, who point to Grayson’s self-funding capabilities as an excuse not to get involved, basically can. But for now, the preponderance of evidence suggests that Grayson’s scorched earth “Taliban Dan” attacks against GOP state Sen. Dan Webster are backfiring. Editorial boards have excoriated Grayson for taking Webster’s words grossly out of context by rolling footage of Webster saying “she should submit to me,” when Webster had actually warned husbands against that advice. As one Republican noted, painting Webster as anti-woman is a curious line of attack considering Grayson referred to a lobbyist as a “K Street whore” just last year.

I haven’t seen any new polling in this race, but it’s significant that the most recent poll had Dan Webster outpacing Alan Grayson before the latter’s “Taliban Dan” ad blew up in his face. In a cycle where Republicans and independents are already running away from Democrats, this kind of dishonesty and despicable campaigning is exactly what voters don’t want. Grayson represents a Republican-leaning district, after all, and the implosion of the “Taliban Dan” ad will crater what support Grayson has left after a freshman term in which he aligned himself with the most radical-Left elements of the Democratic Party.

It’s also important to note that Charlie Cook doesn’t usually move races with incumbents to leaning the other direction unless he sees pretty clear evidence that the challenger has built a formidable lead. In the Cook analyses, Toss-Up is usually the bottom for an incumbent running for re-election. If he’s tilting this race to Webster, Cook must see something powerful coming in FL-08.

Meanwhile, just for another reminder of Grayson’s indefensible campaigning, here’s Anderson Cooper dismantling him on CNN:

Comments

That’s what it says in the Bible.

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM

100 seats or bust!

Rebar on October 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM

This guy is a total wackadoodle!!!

ladyingray on October 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Next week Grayson will ‘out’ Webster for not eating fish on a Friday.

doufree on October 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Speaking of Ohio,might as well
get this aired out!!
============================================================

Iott’s Nazi re-enactments gain national attention
—————————————————

Saturday, October 9, 2010 – Added 40 minutes ago

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Anderson Cooper? Dismantling a Democrat?

It must be for protective coloration. If Grayson was close, Lil Andy would have treated him with kid gloves and given him a tongue-slobbering.

JeffWeimer on October 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM

This guy is a total wackadoodle!!!

ladyingray on October 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM

ladyingray: And how,hehe!:)

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I guess the now gang will be backing grayson after grayson referred to a lobbysist as a ‘K Street whore’ last year! After all they are backing brown in CA with his statement about Meg. I sure hope this worm grayson gets the boot in Nov.!
L

letget on October 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Mr. Grayson, isn’t there something about bearing a false witness?

fourdeucer on October 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I must say, this “thing” even surpasses the Botox Queen in its utterly sleazy vileness…

AND THAT AIN’T AN EASY THING TO DO!

Fuzzlenutter on October 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Down goes Shrek! Down goes Shrek!

Abby Adams on October 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

“We let that ad run,ah na…die a natural death”!!

-Alan Grayson

Boy,is this guy in love with the terms,dead,die,dying,
me thinks!!

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I just love how he can say with a straight face that the ad doesn’t take Webster’s words out of context right after the speech is played.

Not only does the edit change the words, but it changes Webster’s point 180 degrees!

What a loon!

ladyingray on October 9, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Down goes Shrek! Down goes Shrek!

Abby Adams on October 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Hey, don’t insult ogres like that!

ladyingray on October 9, 2010 at 12:52 PM

It’s almost as if Alan Grayson escaped from a mental institution . . . oh wait.

Emperor Norton on October 9, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I can’t help but feel by the comments I sometimes read here that otherwise down to earth Conservatives who relish the though of Grayson being banished are equally put off by someone who quotes the Bible. Maybe I read too much into what we say here.

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 12:52 PM

MSNBC’s next megastar. He will probably bring in that coveted 10th daily viewer.

Southernblogger on October 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Good for Mr. Cooper! Grayson is a greasy spot on the road of life. It’s time to lay down the sawdust, soak this boy up and take him out with the rest of the congressional trash. 111th Congress = Most Corrupt Congress EVAH! Not to mention their sleazeball factor, of which Grayson is the undisputed King.

Pilgrimsarbour on October 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Grayson referred to a lobbyist as a “K Street whore” just last year.

Which makes him a great candidate for an endorsement from NOW.

Baxter Greene on October 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM

He’s such a smarmy jerk.

p0s3r on October 9, 2010 at 1:00 PM

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM
=========================================

What a loon!

ladyingray on October 9, 2010 at 12:51 PM

ladyingray:You ain’t whistling dixie,Grayson is a real
work of political art…gack!!:)

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Webster is right. The issue is not whether wives should submit to their husbands as the apostle Paul says in Ephesians 5. I suspect that many here do not really understand what that passage means anyway. If you read it, you’ll see that Paul gives a great deal more attention to the husband’s responsibilities toward his wife. This is illustrative of the typology the Bible sets up where Christ is the husband and His Church is the bride. Christ’s responsibilities to the Church far outweigh the Church’s responsibilities toward Him.

But Webster’s point regarding marriage is that it is not the husband’s responsibility to constantly remind the wife of her spiritual obligations. Each person is to be mindful of his or her own obligations in Christ. The submission issue is really quite apart from making sure that I myself am doing what I have been commanded to do.

Pilgrimsarbour on October 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM

This guy is a total wackadoodle!!!

ladyingray on October 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Love that term. So appropriate in a nice way.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Grayson referred to a lobbyist as a “K Street whore” just last year.
Which makes him a great candidate for an endorsement from NOW.

Baxter Greene on October 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Baxter Greene:And I thought Bill Clinton set the bar,
there must be a Progressive pool going
on,as to who can be thee most outrageous!

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM

BTW: Florida has some really fugged up gerrymandered districts.

Abby Adams on October 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Love that term. So appropriate in a nice way.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM

It is poi-fect!

ladyingray on October 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM

What a weasel.

But Cooper missed an opportunity if he really wanted to dismantle the cretin.

Webster had a few deferments while in school, then went in for his physical. He DIDN’T PASS THE PHYSICAL!. The army passed on him, he didn’t dodge the army.

Grayson is a weasel.

iurockhead on October 9, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Decency demands that he gets retired and forgotten or made an example of how not to be a “representative”.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Sigh. I have a left leaning relative who talks like Grayson. Never sees the big picture and takes things out of context.

They twist and turn and dance in the wind. They won’t listen to logic. Progressives like Grayson are an irrational bunch and need to be voted out of legislative power.

manateespirit on October 9, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Every time I watch a clip with this guy, I just feel dirty. I’m fortunate enough to be friends with a couple that just moved in that district. Made sure to educate them on the fact that they are currently represented by the biggest clown in the entire House.

stldave on October 9, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Hopefully, when he loses, he’ll go back to Virginia.

Lanceman on October 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Bravo Grayson, Goebbels would approve: http://bit.ly/c0Lvxp

The Zoo Keeper on October 9, 2010 at 1:24 PM

there must be a Progressive pool going
on,as to who can be thee most outrageous!
canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I just don’t see how any thinking,rational person could watch that interview and not come away with the determination that Grayson is a pathological liar and psychotic……

…………..which makes him a perfect fit for the democratic party.

Baxter Greene on October 9, 2010 at 1:27 PM

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 12:52 PM

You’re reading too much into it.

There are a few of us here who would prefer that candidates keep their religion out of the political sphere, but to say that we’re *equally* put off is nonsense.

I just don’t think it’s helpful, or necessary, for a politician to make too much of their religion. If you want to affirm your faith in public, fine. But don’t preach to me — and for me, quoting the Bible as part of public political discourse is uncomfortably close to preaching.

That said, I’ll take Webster any day of the week (and seventy times seven times on Sunday) over Grayson.

In the case of Grayson’s ad, I believe that video was from an event that Webster was attending as a private citizen, and in that role, what he was doing was totally fine by me.

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Watch it Lance! If he’s going anywhere, let it be new york.

thekingtut on October 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM

This will come out in the open after the Election.

Alan Grayson is a citizen of the US, but his money isn’t!

Key West Reader on October 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Grayson represents a Republican-leaning district, after all….

How on God’s green earth did this whackjob get elected in the first place?

Was the last guy worse?

tru2tx on October 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Yep, just wondering what illicited the first comment of the thread. You know, like you scratch your head about an OT dig at Social Conservatives that comes out of nowhere.

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 1:57 PM

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM
====================

…………..which makes him a perfect fit for the democratic party.

Baxter Greene on October 9, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Baxter Greene: Yup,short a few bricks,’Certifiable’!:)

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 1:57 PM
==========================================

Left you a video linky,Fox News,Hannity
interviews Michael Barone 1894 thingy,on
the other thread!Don’t know if you seen
it!:)

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

2:52…

I think that people can reasonably disagree.

Ha! Coming from this guy? ROTFLMAO

Face it, if Grayson expects to have any future left in politics, he’s going to have to move to San Francisco.

pain train on October 9, 2010 at 2:02 PM

This will come out in the open after the Election.

Alan Grayson is a citizen of the US, but his money isn’t!

Key West Reader on October 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Key West Reader: Ouch,smells like fraud,$29 million!:)

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 2:03 PM

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM

It’s called World War II Re-enactment, and somebody has to play the Nazis. Because there were two sides to that war. There are Japanese re-enactors too.

Sekhmet on October 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Abby Adams on October 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Thanks Abby – I was watching the video and just getting really creeped out by this serial wanker – and, wondering why he looked familier other than the news – you nailed it.

SHREK! SHREK! SHREK!

Perfect!!

karra on October 9, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM

And that quote did come from a non-political event. But hey, let’s make sure we never allow our candidates to express any religious ideology at any time least they insult our non-religious moderate friends. I would sure hate for that to cause them to consider a guy like Grayson the lessor of two evils. Cause I mean, having people that profess a belief in a diety are just plain scary to have as our elected officials, right? In fact, I think we should just pull for Grayson.

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Thanks, I watched the whole thing Cappy.

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM
=============

Sekhmet on October 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Sekmet: Yes,I fired off a ton of links to ED,and its no
biggie,re-inactment as you said,then theres no
problem!
===========================================================
The Left’s Opportunistically Hypocritical Attack on Rich Iott

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 2:23 PM

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM
==================
Thanks, I watched the whole thing Cappy.

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM

hawkdriver:Great,at your service Hawk!!:)

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 2:24 PM

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM

The local newsrag, Toledo Blade had this on the front page this morning — it totally distorts what Iott was doing, not until much later in the article does it say he does all sorts of military re-enactments from the Civil War on. One would think Marcy Kaptur was in a safe enough district to not need the newsrag sell out what little remaining credibility it had. Now I’m going to wait to see if their “independent” ombudsman takes them to task over it.

rbj on October 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM

El_Terrible on October 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I get the sarcasm, but I’m not sure who you’re aiming at, exactly. It certainly doesn’t summarize my views, and I suspect it doesn’t really work for nearly anyone else here, either.

Peace, man.

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM

karra on October 9, 2010 at 2:15 PM

He’s not a good lookin’ dude.

Abby Adams on October 9, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I hope that will happen. Grayson fits better to the psych ward than to the Congress.

bayview on October 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Peace, man.

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Do you understand the context of the first comment? That’s what I was first commenting about.

And Purple Fury, you offered your opinion. You told me all about how you wanted political and religious speech separate becasue it comes close to preaching. You offered that opinion. I guess I was just supposed to accept it and then be quiet. And I’m happy you understand what does and doesn’t work for people here. Maybe you could get with me on the side and coach me on what to say.

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

It read like garden-variety, trollish snark to me. But maybe I missed something.

You could’ve made something resembling an argument, I guess, but instead you unloaded a bunch of sarcasm targeted at views that no one really seems to have here (apart from crr6 and some of that crowd).

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Be happy to. Here’s a suggestion: why don’t you suggest that AP or Ed run a poll to see who people would prefer to win the election in FL-8: Webster or Grayson? It might illuminate to what degree the non-social conservatives here are equally put off by Dan Webster’s expression of his Christian beliefs at a private event. I mean, that was your original point, right? That the non-socons think Webster’s equally as bad because he’s a Christian, or something?

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

The new boss at CNN must really be cracking the whip, and getting the liberal anchors back to the middle? LOL Who knows, but Anderson Cooper isn’t exactly a beacon of honesty, integrity, or legtimacy.

He whines about the use of the word “gay”, but had no problem labeling people of the tea party movement, as tea baggers. So something has to be going on, for him to scold Grayson, rather than annoint him as the saint of Dems for his lude behavior.

As for Grayson….go suck a lemon. Oh wait…he probably already does that.

capejasmine on October 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM

rbj on October 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM

rbj: Yes,theres a huge difference in re-inactments,and I
see no problem with it,and as you pointed out,will
see how the msm frames this!!:)

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM

BTW: Florida has some really fugged up gerrymandered districts.

Abby Adams on October 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Florida has a new ballot initiative this year to say that districts cannot be gerrymandered and must follow, when possible, county lines.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Grayson is disgusting. But it’s obvious in this interview that he’s trying to do the same thing Barney Frank is doing, “kinder and gentler”.

Grayson is usually acerbic, he was downright conciliatory in his manners on this interview and not nearly as combative as usual. In fact, he even threw out the victim card.

Grayson is a horrible person. Maybe he can join up with Cynthia McKinney and they can make a run for the Oval Office in 2012.

ButterflyDragon on October 9, 2010 at 3:15 PM

lorien1973 on October 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Vote NO on 4, 5 and 6

Key West Reader on October 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM

As for Grayson….go suck a lemon. Oh wait…he probably already does that.

capejasmine on October 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Andy is a trust-fund baby, so it can’t be career that he’s worried about. He doesn’t have to work. (Not that reading a teleprompter is ‘work’)

slickwillie2001 on October 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Purple Fury, no offense intentionally directed to you.
My comments are over the line by my own standards and I’m going to self ban hammer myself again for another week for my own good. Let me just say though before I take my Hot Air time out again, those comments were made out of an increasingly frustrating environment on this site that seems to have about as much intolerance for we Social Conservatives or we who profess a faith, as some have for the liberals. It almost feels like in a lot of comments, moderates sense they have the liberals beat in this election and they’re turning their attention towards the next biggest group of folks that irritate them; we backwards SoCons.

I understand we are not going to all be in lock step in what we believe. I personally try to concentrate of what we agree on rather than focus on what we are at odds over. I can’t remember the last time I used the tern RINO to try to pigeon hole someone into a convenient identity because I was too lazy to express the specific behavior of a politicians I took odds with. I know a lot of commenters here still throw it around pretty frequently and I don’t think it’s any more appropriate than what I’m railing against. So out of respect for Moderate Conservatives here I don’t make a big deal about our differences and I try keep my religion out of my politics. But my God, what is the limit of what we’re allowed to say?

If Hot Air is one of the true melting pots of Conservative ideals, we’re sure failing at trying to see past our differences and getting along. I’ve supported with word and money folks who are less Conservative than me. I appreciate how momentous it is for someone like Scott Brown to be a Senator from Mass. I don’t even know what else to say. I’m just tired of the backhanded slaps at Religious Conservatives.

See you in a week.

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Wow, before I go. I was talking about the first comment of the thread. This one…

That’s what it says in the Bible.

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Sorry if you thought mine sounded trollish, but like I said I have my own standards about what I say and will take care of it appropriately. (wish more would) And yeah, you missed the point about most of what I was saying.

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 3:31 PM

See you in a week.

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM

hawkdriver: Stop doin dat,but,in all honesty,its good to
take a break,I take a few days myself,to re
fresh da brain!!——————-:)

canopfor on October 9, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Just watched the Grayson video (shudder). Crap, now I’m going to have to go take another shower.

Btw, Purple and Hawk need to make nice. They both make some fine points, but I suspect that the Grayson-Webster dust up has gotten some secular feathers ruffled. We’ll just have to scrub hard to rub off the residue from old McWhackadoodle (that is a great sobriquet for him).

College Prof on October 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM

That’s what it says in the Bible.

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM

hawkdriver on October 9, 2010 at 3:31 PM

That’s what I meant — I thought JTL’s comment was snarky and trollish. I didn’t mean any offense to you, or to socons in general.

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Can’t wait to see him call Webster with a gracious concession phone call (like THAT will happen)!

Put out a Dan Webster for Congress yard sign this morning.

Got my absentee ballot waiting to be inked in for Webster.

Buh bye, Alan.

tpitman on October 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM

That doesn’t qualify as a “dismantling.” Give me half the time Cooper got with Grayson – I’ll show you a dismantling.

greggriffith on October 9, 2010 at 4:35 PM

If Brown wins in Ca. And the republicans take back the house. Does Barry really think he going to get any money to save Ca from it’s self?

BruceB on October 9, 2010 at 4:38 PM

AC gets and holds an irrevocable quantum of cred with me for being the ONLY reporter during one of the Israel-Hezbollah conflicts to have the nerve to accurately show the staged “Ambulances Screaming To The Rescue of Lebanese Victims” theater by Hezbollah goons (reality: they were waiting placidly by the curb for the cameras to start rolling). His dismantling of this shambling mass of misspent protoplasm does nothing to erode this.

Gods, what an unmitigated disaster of a “person” this Grayson reveals himself to be, every time he opens his latte-hole!

Noocyte on October 9, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Can’t wait until the “morning after” when all these defeated Dems start pounding the table!

Oh … the temper tantrums we shall witness!

Especially from this nut job.

HondaV65 on October 9, 2010 at 5:04 PM

How on God’s green earth did this whackjob get elected in the first place?

Was the last guy worse?

tru2tx on October 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM

No, Ric Keller was a solid conservative.
Graypig got in on obama coattails.

Lanceman on October 9, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Hey, he could replace Rick Sanchez.

Pelayo on October 9, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me how screwed up Grayson’s opponent was in 2008 that this red district opted to vote for him instead of the incumbent?

mizflame98 on October 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM

mizflame98 on October 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM

1. It’s not that red a district. It only leans red. And demographic trends are turning it more blue.

2. Huge blue turnout (blue ground game is v. good here) + lukewarm support for McCain/Palin among reds. Shorter: coattails. Obama lifted a lot of down-ticket races.

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Which makes him a great candidate for an endorsement from NOW.

Baxter Greene on October 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Hey c’mon, call them by their full name – after all, they’re fine with it – National Organization of Whores.

PatMac on October 9, 2010 at 8:33 PM

mizflame98 on October 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Purple Fury is partially correct.
Many many first time children voters turned out to elect black Chicago Jesus. Standing in line to vote, I could hear the excitement, even in my R+12 district which is right along side. Both solid conservative incumbents lost because of it. They’ll turn back to red this time around.

Lanceman on October 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM

What surprises me even more is he beat someone in the primaries. VA did have a Democratic Primary; didn’t they?

mizflame98 on October 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM

mizflame98 on October 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Grayson is FROM Virginia. He’s a puke that moved here hoping for an easy score. This was his third try at FL – 8.
There was no ‘rat challenger to him. But there were 6 or 8 Republican contestants.

Lanceman on October 9, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Good interview by Cooper.

Grayson is a disgusting, horrible creep that deserves to go down in flames. I was really struck by his insistence, even after viewing the video that clearly and unmistakeably shows that Webster was misquoted, that Cooper was just stating an opinion about the ad being taken out of context. The kind of person that can tell an astonishing lie like that should be in a counselor’s office not in pubic office.

inmypajamas on October 10, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Um, public office..

inmypajamas on October 10, 2010 at 12:58 AM

As Repugnant as Grayson is (and he is in spades), the person who vanquishes him needs to continue the work that Dirty Al has started. Grilling the Fed Chair, exposing the fraud that is underpinning the economy, etc. Grayson is doing important work, and it should be a rational person championing these issues. That is, unless you all like the idea of QEII/TARPII, going back to sleep, etc.

rhodeymark on October 10, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Did anyone see the cupie doll for the Mendendez DEFENDING the Taliban ad on O’Reilly? She honestly would not tell O’Reilly that she wouldn’t suppport Webster because he wants to force women to have babies in the case of rape or incest. It never dawned on her despite O’Reilly’s questioning that this “ends justifies the means” on abortion and other issues is why they are starting to be despised.

Conan on October 10, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Cooper desperately attempting to buy some journalistic credibility by calling a nut a nut…to his face. Credit for at least understanding how crazy Grayson is and trying to buy his way out of association with the party that he is inextricably associated with.

Jaibones on October 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Alan Grayson is the definitive living breathing example of the fact that there are some people in this world who should NEVER, EVER be elected to public office of any type, and yes, that includes dog catcher!

Grayson has not done one single solitary thing since he has been in Congress except demonstrate a totally vile and putrid hatred towards any and all things Conservative, as well as demonstrate a somewhat serious issue when it comes to shooting his loud and very smarmy mouth off.

Grayson is the type of sneering off-the-chart misanthrope that has even turned some of the cast iron stomachs that run around DailyKos!

And if you are a liberal and you lose that bunch, you are done! End of argument!

pilamaye on October 10, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Watch it Lance! If he’s going anywhere, let it be new york.

thekingtut on October 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM

We’ll keep everybody happy in all 57 states and send Grayson to North Korea. Krazy Kims Sr. and Jr. would love him.

Steve Z on October 11, 2010 at 9:42 AM

His arguments are so juvenile it’s unbelievable.

Cooper: You admit you’re taking his words out of context…

Grayson: You’re taking my words out of context.

Cooper: You’re being disingenuous.

Grayson: No you’re being disingenuous. (aka the: I’m rubber and you’re glue argument, familiar to all 3rd graders)

Scrappy on October 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Purple Fury on October 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Snarky, yes. Trollish, no. I think Grayson is the scum of the earth to be perverting the Good Book in such a way.

John the Libertarian on October 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM