Poll shocker of the day: Dingell at 39% in Michigan?

posted at 10:12 am on October 8, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Michigan’s 15th CD has had a John Dingell in Congress since before most of its constituents were born, first with FDR’s inauguration in 1933 with John Sr., and then since 1955 with the current Representative, John Jr.  Now, according to a new poll reported by the Detroit Free Press, the “Dingell seat” may be going back to the people of MI-15.  Not only does Dingell trail in a survey of 300 likely voters in the district, he’s below 40%:

A new independent poll has the dean of the U.S. House, Rep. John Dingell, trailing his Republican opponent, Rob Steele, by 4 percentage points.

The automated phone survey of 300 people in the 15th Congressional District showed Steele getting 43.8% of the vote. Dingell, a Dearborn Democrat and the longest-serving member of Congress, got 39.5%. About 11% were undecided. The gap is within the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 5.6 percentage points. The poll was conducted Monday.

Dingell’s campaign said the survey — conducted by the Rossman Group of Lansing and Team TelCom — is a Republican front and is contradicted by other polls in recent weeks.

Team TelCom’s president Gary Reed has Republican ties, but Kelly Rossman-McKinney, CEO of the Rossman Group, has Democratic roots.

A sample of 300 is a little on the small side even for a House district poll, which is why the MOE is so high.  Even with that, though, Dingell still doesn’t get past 45%.  For an incumbent in office for 55 years — a stunning 28 terms in office for a seat handed to him by his father — that’s a big red flag that this seat could easily flip in less than four weeks.  His district knows him too well to buy any new arguments for his continued presence in Congress, and apparently they have warmed up to Rob Steele.  Having Steele ahead is certainly newsworthy, but the bigger takeaway here is just how badly Dingell polls in this race after almost 56 years in Washington.

Why?  In part, Michigan’s economic woes play into the national anti-incumbent mood.  The state has followed the same kind of economic plan that Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama have tried to implement on a national scale, and they’ve been doing it longer.  Michigan voters can see the end game even more clearly than voters nationwide, and it’s no surprise that Michigan might clean House in three weeks.  Part of it, though, is Dingell himself, who has a habit of saying foolish things, and saying them on national TV.

The Blog Prof wonders what it means when Dingell’s seat is no longer safe:

If Dingell isn’t safe in Detroit, is any Democrat safe anywhere?

Michigan’s 15th CD is a D+13 district, so the short answer is … perhaps, but in far fewer districts than they may have imagined.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Insert gratuitous thread music {{HERE}}

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Big Smile.

upinak on October 8, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Dingbat

PatriotRider on October 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM

‘Rats hitching their wagon to hopenchange less than two years ago. Is there an intelligent ‘rat anywhere? Seriously, do any ‘rats read history? Or was this all part of a larger socialist plan?

Lanceman on October 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I want to believe in stuff like this, but just won’t until Nov 3.

search4truth on October 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM

since 1955 with the current Representative, John Jr.

He’s been in Congress longer than I’ve been alive. Not by much, but he has. Time for some new blood — though I still don’t really believe this poll.

jwolf on October 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM

so the short answer is … perhaps, but in far fewer districts than they may have imagined. H3LL NO

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I can’t figure out how Hotair managed to get a picture of Pelosi visiting her father in the nursing home.

flyfisher on October 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I grew up in Detroit. There has always been Dingell. When his son grew up, grew wise, and grew apart from Dingell, the presumption that the son would take over was switched to the trophy wife instead. I so do not want this man to leave congress on his own terms.

TubbyHubby on October 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM

We’ve got to find a better way to control the people.

Surely we can “influence” more than 39% of the electorate.

/Dems

mankai on October 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM

that pic just creeps me out …

ciao, Dingell dong!!!

dissent555 on October 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM

The times they are a-changing…

d1carter on October 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Time to bury Dingell.

Steve Z on October 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM

1955 ?! GREAT SCOTT! (BttF reference)

It was never meant to be a full time job!

Tony737 on October 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM

“Dingle Seat”…the jokes write themselves!

journeyscarab on October 8, 2010 at 10:21 AM

If Dingell isn’t safe in Detroit, is any Democrat safe anywhere?

Rangel…

d1carter on October 8, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Don’t forget the Delphi issue. There are a lot of retired GM employees who were not UAW, and their pensions were slashed to ensure that the UAW was kept whole. That corrupt deal, which included bondholders having their debt holder rights abrogated, is still burning.

Vashta.Nerada on October 8, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Dingbat – PatriotRider

Dingell-berry

Tony737 on October 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Vashta.Nerada on October 8, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Vash, don’t forget the farmers.

upinak on October 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I think this pretty much confirms why Obama and Biden are going to bail out and support Coons…his seat is not as safe as being reported.

right2bright on October 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Let’s hope there’s plenty of “Dear John [Dingell]” letters delivered to Dems in November.

Rovin on October 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM

search4truth on October 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I’m with you on this. No matter what the polls say, I’m not getting excited until the votes are in.

milwife88 on October 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Bye Bye Dingell Barry!

Sorry I had too!

dhunter on October 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Dingle dang ding my dingalong linglong….

ciao bub.

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I’ve got to put him on top of my list for deserving TERMINATION…

Top five, anyway…

Come on, We The People!!!

golfmann on October 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM

And the hurricane strengthens….

Category 4 and accelerating!

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM

“Dingleburied”

garry on October 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Eh.
The PR firm that created the poll doesn’t seem to have the methodology/ poll details available anywhere.

lauraw on October 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM

search4truth on October 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM

milwife88 on October 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I agree with you to a point… but we don’t need to believe the poll, just Dingell.

If Dingell thinks he’s in danger, he’ll use his position as one of the most senior members of the House to draw in money and support to save himself at the expense of more vulnerable members of the caucus.

teke184 on October 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM

He’s got under 40% approval but only down by four in the polls? Does not compute.

Cindy Munford on October 8, 2010 at 10:26 AM

If Dingell isn’t safe in Detroit, is any Democrat safe anywhere?
=================================

I bet,Nancy regrets she didn’t pick up her broom
and clean her House of Lefty Corruption!!

canopfor on October 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Might all these rejected lame ducks unleash the fury come late November, December? Security is going to have to escort the 111th Congress from the building at 12:01 on January 3.

Greek Fire on October 8, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Lib/Dem money is spread so thin they can’t stop all the gaps…

d1carter on October 8, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Vashta.Nerada on October 8, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Actually was just reading that a Chinese company is interested in buying the government’s 61% stake in GM. If that happens and it looks likely, Detroit should never again vote Democrat…………won’t happen but Dingell down in the polls is certainly a start.
I waver between Dingell and Conyers as being the worst of the entitlement class.

ORconservative on October 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Given the high rate of unemployment in MI and here in NW Ohio, it’s not surprising. UM students voting will probably save him though. Unless he totally loses everyone outside of Ann Arbor.

rbj on October 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

And the hurricane strengthens….

Category 4 and accelerating!

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM

ted c: Yup,the Sh*t Gales of November are a com`n!!!!!:)

canopfor on October 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Lord, how old is he? There should be some age limit for how old you can be and still serve in Congress. How are you representing your constitutes if they have to wheel you in to vote? Term limits!

sandee on October 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Why? In part, Michigan’s economic woes play into the national anti-incumbent mood.

Anybody know how many Republican incumbents are in danger in the November general elections? I know some old timers got knocked off against other Republicans in the primaries, but I’m not aware of many Republican incumbents who are in danger of losing. Maybe the guy who won the special election in Hawaii last year because the Democrat split their vote?

forest on October 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM

sandee on October 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

can’t.. age discrimination.

upinak on October 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I live in the Detroit area and I can tell you that even many of the libs I know don’t like Dingell.

echosyst on October 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Vash, don’t forget the farmers.

upinak on October 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Michigan 15 includes Dearborn, Ann Arbor, Flatrock, and points south to the border of the state – I don’t think there are too many farmers there, or did I misunderstand?

Vashta.Nerada on October 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Yes, but Dingbell has a lot of former supporters that are deceased who will be miraculously raised from the dead on Nov 2.

jbh45 on October 8, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Having grown up in Dearborn, I’ll believe this one when I see it.

pb5000 on October 8, 2010 at 10:34 AM

It’s time that voter imposed term limits were put into practice.

Fallon on October 8, 2010 at 10:34 AM

What may save us in some of these seats is the fact that because they have been so reliably democratic for so long, there is no established DNC vote-stealing operation. Can democratics put one together on short notice? We’ll see in November.

slickwillie2001 on October 8, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Oh I hope this poll is correct. But I will wait and see.
Gov. Granholm said we in Michigan would be “blown away” in 5 years if we re-elected her and her Democrate colleauges.

She sure has done her work well. Jobs lost, pensions lost, education so bad that high school graduations in Detroit at all time lows. If you want to see the country in a few years just look at Michigan and Detroit under Democratic control.

mechkiller_k on October 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM

When I lived in LA in the late 50s and 60s Dingle was known as the congressman from the car industry. He was very influential in delaying efforts to control nitrogen oxides (NOX) in auto exhaust. NOX is an important causative of atmospheric pollution including LA’s smog. He was not very popular in CA at the time.

burt on October 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM

DON’T LOOK NOW……….BUT CALIFORNIA……

Jerry, you don’t have to call her “whore”.

On November 3rd you can call her “GOVERNOR-ELECT”.

FACE THE TEA-NAMI you Progressive Baby Killing, Economy destroying Democrats…….OUT OF OFFICE with ALL OF YOU!!!

PappyD61 on October 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM

teke184 on October 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM

True. I’m from the school of thought that if you get to cocky you may end up with egg on your face. Call it cautiously optomistic. I do believe that there is going to be a “change” coming in November. I am however concerned what that change may be. Are we going to see a huge take over by Repubs or are we going to see the same people get voted back in by the same uninformed sheeple? If that happens will the discontent in America shake these staunch dems so much that they actually become more moderate or conservative on fiscal issues? I don’t know. Promises are being made as usual. All I know is that I can do my part by getting as many people as I can to look at the candiates, do the research and vote. That’s it. That’s all we can do. I will say however, that I am really tired of having to choose between “the lesser of two evils”. Give me someone I can get excited about. I’m in Florida. I am voting for Rubio.

milwife88 on October 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM

forest on October 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Djou and Anh “Joe” Cao in LA-2 (New Orleans) are the only Republican incumbents expected to lose.

Djou won a special election earlier this year while Cao unexpectedly beat the indicted “Cold Cash” Jefferson in a 2008 runoff and was seen as a likely one-termer.

teke184 on October 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM

So, Michigan is gonna wipe a Dingellberry?

Sekhmet on October 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Perhaps the voters of MI-15 have finally realized, “Hey, this guy has been screwing us over for 55+ years!”

ya2daup on October 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Vashta.Nerada on October 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM

you are right, I was thinking further north.

upinak on October 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Vashta.Nerada on October 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM

If a Dem is having trouble in Ann Arbor, then the end must truly be near. But…

Having grown up in Dearborn, I’ll believe this one when I see it.

pb5000 on October 8, 2010 at 10:34 AM

This.

On a related note, how’s the John Conyers election bid going I wonder? If Michiganeans are smart enough to oust Dingell, then Conyers can’t be too far behind (I hope!). Are there poll numbers for him?

Goldenavatar on October 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM

How Progressives, Unions and the Democratic Party have turned Michigan from a Powerhouse to a Poorhouse in less than one century is not to be believed. And Michigan is their model for the rest of the Nation…

Remember in November.

ajacksonian on October 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I’m north of detroit, this news broke about a month ago with dingell saying it could happen while pleading for campaign contributions.

booter on October 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Take a step into the new decade Michigan and flush this dingleberry down the toilet.

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Goldenavatar on October 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Conyers is safe. Forever.

booter on October 8, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Republican challenger Dino Rossi has edged slightly ahead of incumbent Democrat Patty Murray in Washington’s U.S. Senate race.
A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Washington shows Rossi with 49% of the vote, while Murray’s support stands at 46%. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate in the race, and two percent (2%) are undecided. (To see question wording, click here.)

However, the race remains a Toss-Up in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Senate Balance of Power rankings.

from Ace

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Goldenavatar on October 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM

I believe the correct term is Michiganders. At least that’s what they said during the 80s when I lived there. As for Conyers, keep in mind that while Dingell’s district is near Detroit, Conyers’s district is in Detroit. In other words, no contest.

jwolf on October 8, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Goldenavatar on October 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM

CBC members generally only leave office via a felony conviction.

Vashta.Nerada on October 8, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Love that picture!

Dingbat63 on October 8, 2010 at 10:53 AM

jwolf on October 8, 2010 at 10:47 AM

The plus side, though, is that metro Detroit’s population is shrinking. That means the borders of his district will expand by 2012.

What I’d love would be the Michigan legislature finding a way to put Dingell and Conyers in the same district for 2012 if both get re-elected this year, as the two of them getting in a slap-fight to determine which one gets to stay in Congress would be fun to watch.

teke184 on October 8, 2010 at 10:54 AM

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 10:47 AM

On the FOX ticker last night it said that Murray is the second highest receipient of lobbyist money……that ought to help.

ORconservative on October 8, 2010 at 10:54 AM

CBC members generally only leave office via a felony conviction.

Vashta.Nerada on October 8, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Alcee Hastings was removed from the bench for accepting bribes. The voters in a heavily black district elected him to congress. Reminiscent of Marion Berry.

Lanceman on October 8, 2010 at 10:55 AM

While I like the polling numbers.
I am expecting to see “upsets” by the dems.
the press will spin it as the wave that wasn’t.
Then later on down the road We The People will learn of massive voter fraud, and this is how our electoral system has been subverted and the Will of the people is ignored.

I dont like being the fly in the ointment, but when you have an @ssclown like al franken elected by dead people and felons.

Need I say more?

So just remember you heard it here first.
MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD. 2010.

ColdWarrior57 on October 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM

For the Democrats in November ..they need to adhere to the famous words of Chief Brody..”We are going to need a bigger boat”..:)

Dire Straits on October 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM

If Dingell isn’t safe in Detroit, is any Democrat safe anywhere?

Perhaps not.

I heard a credible rumor from someone in MA yesterday that Barney Frank may be headed for defeat too.

Missy on October 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Dire Straits on October 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I think a more appropriate quote is from the Duke Brothers at the end of Trading Places… “Turn those machines back on! TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!”

teke184 on October 8, 2010 at 11:06 AM

So just remember you heard it here first.
MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD. 2010.

ColdWarrior57 on October 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Of course they will try. But 2010 is vastly different from 2008. In 2008 they were winning easily all over the place. So there were plenty of people and resources available to help cheat Coleman out of his victory.

This time, they have at least a hundred seats in the House that are vulnerable, a huge number of which – but no one knows exactly how many – are already lost. They can and will mobilize forces but there just may not be enough cheaters to go around in dozens and dozens of races.

Missy on October 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Love that picture!

Dingbat63 on October 8, 2010 at 10:53 AM

looks like he’s going to gum her or put her on his knee for a lil ride….

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM

and apparently they have warmed up to Rob Steele.

Dr. Steele is a very impressive candidate. I heard him on Bill Bennett’s radio show recently.
BTW kudos to Bill Bennett and Sean Hannity for having so many “meet the candidates” segments.
Also impressive is Charles Lollar, running against Steny Hoyer in Maryland. He probably doesn’t have a chance to win, but I hope he continues to seek office.

Brat on October 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Missy, I sure hope you are correct.
But dont under estimate how LOW the dems will stoop , just to win, Look at the story where the dems backed a fake tea party member to split the vote.
ie ..”Congressman John Adler’s campaign and the Camden County Democratic Committee recruited “”NJ Tea Party” candidate Peter DeStefano to confuse conservative voters and hurt Adler’s Republican challenger this fall, Democratic operatives say.
“The goal was to take 5 percent of (Republican Jon) Runyan’s vote,” said a Democrat with direct knowledge of the Adler campaign and CCDC operations.”

I dont trust them EVER .

While I like your optimism, dont be suprised when the dems pull some “amazing wins”.
We the people need to find a way to make the voting process more secure.What that is I haven’t a clue.

ColdWarrior57 on October 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Brat on October 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I agree. He is in the mold of Allen West.

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Remember his thoughts about ObamaCare and controlling the people? The Liberal media will be like a morgue on election night if the Republicans win a record number of House and especially if they win the Senate back also.

Blue Collar Todd on October 8, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Love that picture!

Dingbat63 on October 8, 2010 at 10:53 AM

looks like he’s going to gum her or put her on his knee for a lil ride….

ted c on October 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I don’t know which one of the two is more disgusting in that scenario.

tru2tx on October 8, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Missy on October 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM

In a way that’s too bad. I fantasize about watching him being frog-marched in shackles out of the halls of Congress after he’s indicted for any three or four of his myriad crimes.

Extrafishy on October 8, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Extrafishy on October 8, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Me, too. That would be sweet indeed.

Missy on October 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM

That’s just all kinds of awesome on a stick. Incumbents may become extinct!

scalleywag on October 8, 2010 at 11:26 AM

ColdWarrior57 on October 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM

You are right. I’m sure they will steal a few, which is very discouraging. I just think they won’t be able to steal enough – this year.

I don’t see how we fix the problem, either. A national ID might help, but no way would it solve “found ballots” type of problems.

Missy on October 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Like the little dingle-berry’s of poop that get caught in the tiny hairs….. it can be tough to get them out.

roflmao

donabernathy on October 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Missy on October 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM

A national voter ID law would do nothing when it comes to mail-in ballots, and mail-in ballots are becoming a trend.

RickZ on October 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM

RickZ on October 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Yep. Isn’t WA all mail-in now?

Missy on October 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Chief Brody..”We are going to need a bigger boat” – Dire

On Nov. 2nd the Dems will be saying another line from Jaws … “AAHHH!!! (glub glub glub) AAAAHHHHH!!!”

Tony737 on October 8, 2010 at 11:50 AM

My dream is to wake up on Wednesday morning and there are enough freshmen “Taxed Enough Already” conservatives that will FORCE Boehner to BUCK UP.

Shut down the Government!!! NO continuing resolutions for:
* Department of Agriculture (USDA)
* Department of Commerce (DOC)
* Department of Education (ED)
* Department of Energy (DOE)
* Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
* Department of Labor (DOL)
* Department of the Interior (DOI)
* Department of Transportation (DOT)

Or at best 50%, until the President signs a BALANCED budget.

barnone on October 8, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Dingell was the Congressman from GM. His utility was in his ability to protect the automakers and the UAW from, respectively, the EPA and the GOP.

The depletion of Detroit as a manufacturing hub has cost him dearly in influence, and when this Congress took its Great Leap Leftward and gave Dingell’s gavel to (gack) gentry-leftist Henry Waxman in pursuit of the Anti-Carbon Agenda, they were pretty much repudiating Dingell’s whole career.

So it wouldn’t be particularly surprising for the voters of Dingell’s district to decide that a guy who can’t even protect his own butt from Nostrildamus can’t do much for his district either.

JEM on October 8, 2010 at 11:52 AM

teke184 on October 8, 2010 at 11:06 AM

+1..That is a good one..:)

Dire Straits on October 8, 2010 at 11:54 AM

See Rob Steele on facebook. Or go to http://www.robsteeleforcongress.com
While you are at it look st the 9th race with Rocky Raczkowski running against liberal Gary Peters. http://www.rockyworksforus.com/about-rocky/ and FB
I’m sure they both need money!!

Bullhead on October 8, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I soooo can’t wait to see Puglosi’s face when she has to hand over her gavel and the keys to “her” plane.

ladyingray on October 8, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Thursday, July 22, 2010
Ann Arbor lays off firefighters, buys $850,000 piece of art
When all these local government bureaucrats break out their crocodile tears and state publicly that there is no money left and that they will either have to increase taxes or lay off police and firefighters and kick grandma down the stairs of the nursing home, you can be sure of one thing – they are lying to you. You see, the budget is carved out like an apple pie with some slices designated as ‘discretionary,’ while others are ‘non-discretionary.’ What they don’t tell you is the delineation is mostly of their own doing and artificial to protect the spending they want to keep, and that pieces of the pie are routinely shifted around from the one category to another. Pretty weasily, eh? Ann Arbor, a bastion of liberalism, is perhaps one of the more apt at such clever budgetary gimmicks. Recently, they laid off firefighters and weeping over budget cuts, but at the same time buying fancy artwork that cost almost a $million of your blessed taxpayer dollars. From Michigan Capital Confidential: The Art of the Ann Arbor City Budget.

theblogprof

Camel meet last straw.

Dr Evil on October 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Actually was just reading that a Chinese company is interested in buying the government’s 61% stake in GM. If that happens and it looks likely, Detroit should never again vote Democrat.
ORconservative on October 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Sort of…SAIC, the Chinese automaker has already worked together with GM to sell cars in China. In November GM will began an IPO and the rumor is that SAIC is interested in a small portion…how small is small no one knows for sure. And then the Feds may not allow it, they do own control after all.

Deanna on October 8, 2010 at 1:15 PM

The town halls of 2009 did this guy in. He was particularly arrogant.

Dr Rob Steele is an excellent candidate. Wrote about him months ago. Good guy, cool name.

gary4205 on October 8, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Not to be a dingle-pooper, but a sample of 300 in goonion-rich (read=vote fraud) Dearbornistan doesn’t seem like much to go on. Let’s not put this one in the books just yet. But YES WE CAN certainly HOPE.

Western_Civ on October 8, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Incontinents are indignant.

Schadenfreude on October 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Deanna, why would the feds not allow it? I thought they were interested in dumping GM?

ORconservative on October 8, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Buh Bye

Alden Pyle on October 8, 2010 at 1:27 PM

♫Dingle bells, Dingle bells, get lost, go away…♫

Dark-Star on October 8, 2010 at 1:33 PM

ORconservative on October 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Deanna on October 8, 2010 at 1:15 PM

The whole GM ‘IPO’ is going to be a government doublespeak CF. Who is really selling the ‘new’ stock? We are told GM. Why doesn’t the government simply sell their stock? A government sale?

When the ‘government stock’ goes on sale will Bammie call up his banker ‘friends’ and say, nice little portfolio you have there, would be a shame if it didn’t contain some ‘GM’ stock?

slickwillie2001 on October 8, 2010 at 1:43 PM