Video: “The Socialist”

posted at 10:10 pm on October 6, 2010 by Lori Ziganto

Ben Howe (with brother Caleb Howe) hits it out of the park yet again. His first video “The Last Best Hope” was goose bump-y. This one is too, but in a different way. A take-off of the film The Social Network, the synopsis of the video, via RedState, is as follows:

The Socialist moved from the halls of academia to the offices of ACORN to a pew in Chicago, and eventually all the way to the oval office, all the while spurred on by the heady early days of a culture-changing phenomenon in the making. In the midst of the chaos and mounting disasters, average American citizens began to object, eventually adding up to more than the sum of their parts in what has become a multi-front, 21st century clash of worldviews.

The last line is key:  “You would think they’d be saying Thank You.” In President Obama’s mind, not only should we be saying “thank you”, but we should be adding in “Please, sir, may I have another” as we beg the Democrats  to feed us crappy bowls of leftist policy porridge. I also love the video’s credits, which hopefully predict that President Obama and the current crop of Democrats are the ones who will be left without a chance for seconds, as the “beginning of the end” arrives in November:

This film has not yet been rated, but the story received a solid B+ from the White House. Catch the beginning of the end in theaters November 2010, with the ultimate conclusion to be seen worldwide in November of 2012.

The Socialist
Directed by Ben Howe. Post-Producution by Caleb Howe.
Based on a script written by Karl Marx. Screenplay conceived by The Sixties.
Edited by History. Starring Barack Obama as The Socialist.

Well done.  As Sarah Palin might say, let the refudiation begin. We’ll see you in November.

——

Cross-posted from Snark And Boobs

Follow Lori  on Twitter and read more of her stuff at Snark and Boobs Red State and Human Events.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Seems like a lot of hate to me. Where is Richard Cohen to sing “Ohio” to us while we all hold hands and cry?

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM

boom.

tonight there are millions of American citizens readying their plans to vote and to deliver hammerblows, one by one…each one more painful than the next upon the feet of clay that is before us. We will not bow before him, we will not thank him, we will not be shaken, we are determined. The time for fury and anger is over…and the time for retribution is beginning.

No. I’m not angry anymore.

I’m. ready.

ted c on October 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM

That wasn’t porridge. That was gruel.

Lanceman on October 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM

LOL…

This is not the change I voted for…..

DUH!

upinak on October 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I’d think we’d be saying F you!

I guess we will 11/02

2ipa on October 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I’m with Rush. After the election in 2008, I wondered if America really believed in and wanted what Odrama was preparing to dish out.

I’m glad to see they were simply suckered by a slick, one-trick salesman. I don’t think they will let this particular one back in the house.

UnderstandingisPower on October 6, 2010 at 10:20 PM

No. I’m not angry anymore.

I’m. ready.

ted c on October 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Exactly!!!!

whbates on October 6, 2010 at 10:20 PM

UnderstandingisPower on October 6, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Odrama…. *snorts* that was good.

upinak on October 6, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Thank you, Barry.

A tsunami is a terrible thing to waste.

rwenger43 on October 6, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I love movies with happy endings.

anXdem on October 6, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Ben Howe (with brother Caleb Howe) hits it out of the park yet agai

The GOP is not a “Big Tent”.
It’s a Park, and now we are playing ball.
Remember November’s Coming!(RNC)

Indian Outlaw on October 6, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I heard that the Gates’ funded with 1m an infomercial with ABC today.

Cmon Rush back it up and your audience will double down.

seesalrun on October 6, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I’m glad to see they were simply suckered by a slick, one-trick salesman.

I’m not. One fool walks in the door, barks out a bunch of bullshiite, snaps off some dopey line about hopey changey, and tens of millions of Americans piss their pants in ecstasy, completely ignoring his utter lack of ability and credentials.

We are perilously close to being demolished, ruined and enslaved by the stupidest members of our society; if they can do it once they can do it again.

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Tip of the iceberg, sadly.

Remember when the people of Iran were getting punished for protesting their fraudulent election and our President waited for days to say anything and his response was lame?

Remember when Obama supported that Chavez puppet who tried to install himself as dictator?

Remember cash for clunkers?

Donald Berwick?

Van Jones?

Anita Dunn?

KSM in NY?

Unconstitutional ban of off-shore drilling?

BP spill incompetence?

These are off the top. There’s many, many, many more.

visions on October 6, 2010 at 10:26 PM

ted c on October 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Well said Ted!

wi farmgirl on October 6, 2010 at 10:28 PM

A Magnificent Progressive Feel Good
and Triumphantly Mezmerization of
the Liberal soul!!
-Daley KOS

An Emotional and Orgasmic RollerCoaster
Ride through Hope and Change Era!!!

-HuffPuff

A Gut-Wrenching Look at Hope Gained and
Change that didn’t happen!

-Rahm Emanuel

A Serious Disconnect of “YOU” and “THANK”,
and Those that could Never Appreciate POTUS.

-NYT

canopfor on October 6, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Remember Pearl Harbour………………………….

9/11………………………………………….

and 2008,

The Day America was Assaulted by the Progressive
Social Blue-Printing Engineering Bleed’n Heart,Holier than
Thou Liberal Communist El Pinko’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 6, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I am glad to see so many well made videos that basically put forth the disastrous results of their failed Marxist/Socialist ideologies and policies using their own words to drive the message home…

… too bad that I have had to live through it.

Hey Democrats…

… Suck on this “October Surprise”!

Seven Percent Solution on October 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM

canopfor on October 6, 2010 at 10:32 PM

“We’re all batshiite crazy and we aren’t wearing pants!”

-Demorat Underground

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Dec 7th 1941(November 2 2010)
==============================

Today,November 2 2010

a date which will live in infamy – the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Liberal Party.

The DNC, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Tea Party area. The facts of yesterday speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our nation.

As Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy, I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.

Always will we remember the character of the onslaught against us. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe I interpret the will of the Tea Party and of the Patriots when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again in our
Voting!!

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger.Make Damn Sure You Vote.

With confidence in our armed forces – with the unbounded determination of our people – we will gain the inevitable triumph – so help us God.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by the DNC on Sunday, December seventh, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Democrat Party.—-(Snark)

canopfor on October 6, 2010 at 10:42 PM

canopfor on October 6, 2010 at 10:32 PM
“We’re all batshiite crazy and we aren’t wearing pants!”

-Democrat Underground

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM

“Before we are kicked out of office…

… Let’s create a federal bureaucracy where we can all work, and join a union.”

– Democrats, 2010

Seven Percent Solution on October 6, 2010 at 10:45 PM

canopfor on October 6, 2010 at 10:32 PM

“We’re all batshiite crazy and we aren’t wearing pants!”

-Demorat Underground

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Bishop:LOL,your describing the Lib Femenazis I bet,haha!!:)

canopfor on October 6, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM
“Before we are kicked out of office…
==================================

… Let’s create a federal bureaucracy where we can all work, and join a union.”

– Democrats, 2010

Seven Percent Solution on October 6, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Senen Percent Solution:And,like Changey said,should be
thankful,hehe!!:)

canopfor on October 6, 2010 at 10:47 PM

This would be great to post/”share” on Facebook, emails, texts, etc……………..another tool to use in the daily/weekly/continuing effort to shape public opinion to show America what is really going on.

We need to use all the tools we can, this TEANAMI on 11/2 is only the beginning. We need a sweep next month, and a sweep in 2012…………..TO ROLLBACK THE “CHANGE” AND to MOVE AMERICA FORWARD….A PROSPEROUS, GROWING, and ROBUST AND RENEWED AMERICA.

200 seat CONSERVATIVE pickup on 11/2 or BUST!!!

PappyD61 on October 6, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Every democracy destroys itself from within as the saying goes doesn’t it?

Well, hopefully not on our watch. Not while we still have a say in the matter.

Yakko77 on October 6, 2010 at 10:50 PM

I’d think we’d be saying F you!

I guess we will 11/02

2ipa on October 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM

This citizen/vet will be with his vote!

Yakko77 on October 6, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM

No-vember I hear it coming,
Democrats have got to go…

slickwillie2001 on October 6, 2010 at 10:52 PM

With luck there will be nothing LEFT after November 2 2010.

westerncanadian on October 6, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I got so discouraged when people actually fell for Obama’s crap in 2008. I thought…damn, is the whole country crazy? ( minus the people with enough sense not to vote for him ). Did no one actually care enough to look at his voting record in the senate? Really? I am only now beginning to have hope again, but the damage has certainly been done. I hope it can be undone.

Gulfcoastconservative on October 6, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Bishop: Amen,nailed,and well said———:)

canopfor on October 6, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I hope Radiohead doesn’t fuss about this use of “Creep”.

forest on October 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Anyone know who the artist is that is doing the “Creep” cover soundtrack? Youtube has a few choral versions, but none seem to match, and yet I doubt it was a custom performance for the video…

bofh on October 6, 2010 at 11:39 PM

I can see November from my house. But actually, since I am in California, voting started on Monday. Anyone can just go down to their Registrar of Voters office and vote early. We don’t have an “election day” in California, we have election month. Which makes the Democrats nasty smear with Meg Whitman’s nanny all the worse. They announced it the week before voting started in California. A sizable portion of the state’s population has already voted either in person or by mail.

crosspatch on October 6, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Had to share that one…

Claypigeon on October 6, 2010 at 11:42 PM

No. I’m not angry anymore.

I’m. ready.

ted c on October 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Good words; good sentiments; good man, Ted!

..so am I!

The War Planner on October 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Love that video. I hope it gets on tv. (Fox?)

LASue on October 6, 2010 at 11:52 PM

“You would think they’d be saying Thank You.”

No … vember.

Arbalest on October 7, 2010 at 12:08 AM

How appropriate, and sung to Radiohead’s Creep

Kini on October 7, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Feminism IS socialism. Please don’t forget that.

Connie on October 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM

If you’re foolish enough to believe that the near financial collapse of this country’s financial system was caused by Obama, or that Obama is the main source of the national debt, then it’s great.

Of course the Tea Party represents the best and brightest- America’s highest achievers. Maybe they could have prevented Obama from causing the financial crisis.

bayam on October 7, 2010 at 12:59 AM

That was way too positive.

It did not show the flat out lie that was the Obama campaign

I don’t think it truly captures the betrayal the selling of our children’s souls. The repudiation of everything good in favor of everything bad.

There was nothing inspiring about the dishonest, corrupt, way this man became our President.

This is much much more than political disagreement.

This is life or death of the American Ideal, the triumph of the common man over the vainglorious elites.

WE the people will overcome the scourge this ideology is upon humanity.

Not here, not ever.

petunia on October 7, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Oh, it’s a choral version of Radiohead.

Great movie.

The choices could not be more clear. I’m ready for it.

PattyJ on October 7, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I hope Radiohead doesn’t fuss about this use of “Creep”.

forest on October 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Are you kidding me? I don’t think this illegal use of copyrighted material will even show up on their radar. But it is kind of sad that the entire parody is based on companies, film, and music created by progressives.

bayam on October 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Gulfcoastconservative on October 6, 2010 at 11:11 PM

The stupid people are still with us; they don’t suddenly become smart. All we can hope is that they don’t vote, or we can overwhelm them in numbers, or maybe they OD or something.

slickwillie2001 on October 7, 2010 at 1:35 AM

A+

WisCon on October 7, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Bishop on October 6, 2010 at 10:24 PM

And I quote you.

leftnomore on October 7, 2010 at 1:51 AM

slickwillie2001 on October 7, 2010 at 1:35 AM

The more successful America is, the higher the percentage of “stupid” people there will be (i.e., those who live and vote free from the constraints of reality.)

We can never out-reproduce a class of people while we pay to raise their bastard children for them, and we can never out-proselytize a religion which has as its sole cannon: “if it feels good, do it.”

The ONLY real power that conservatives have is that we produce the vast majority of wealth, and we pay practically all of the taxes. If we do not wield that power as ruthlessly as necessary to protect ourselves, then we are doomed – and we deserve to be doomed.

Representation without taxation is precisely as evil as taxation without representation. Freedom cannot possibly survive either condition.

logis on October 7, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Pure excellence.

Ben Howe, thank you.

Grace_is_sufficient on October 7, 2010 at 6:09 AM

Hate to put a damper on the expectations of everyone but…
It’s very sad to think any real change is going to occur after 11/2…
In the lame duck they’ll pass the last of the agenda sealing the fate of America.
There will be no majorities large enough to roll back anything come January.

jerrytbg on October 7, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Some outstanding comments this morning and ladies and gentlemen, the day is young.

diogenes on October 7, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Cannot Wait To Vote
Gotta a call from a pollster asking on a scale of 1-5, 5 being certain, how likely was I to vote. I wanted to say, you mean, “I would crawl over broken glass to vote” is NOT an option?

txmomof6 on October 7, 2010 at 7:26 AM

“Please sir, may I have another”
is always perfect for Obama.

For the start of this video, I would add music for
“I’d do anything, for you, dear, anything, yes I’d do anything, for you…

tomg51 on October 7, 2010 at 7:27 AM

bayam on October 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Why sad? It’s a tribute to what progressives have done to the country.

Oh, wait . . . .

AZCoyote on October 7, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Its amazing what a deep and long recession can do in the modern age, isn’t it?

People who would have voted Brand Elitist have had a good, hard and deep chance to network and communicate with each other about Brand Elitist policy and are coming to the conclusion it makes no sense at all. People were willfully ignorant about policy before the recession hit.

They are getting better via educating each other and talking about it with their friends.

Ignorance is being fixed.

Stupidity is eternal and now associated with Brand Elitist.

Welcome to the end of late 20th century politics.

May it Rest In Peace… or at least be unable to climb out of the grave as we shovel the dirt in on top of it.

Next up the lovely taste of Brand Austerity, and taking less from you so you can do more.

ajacksonian on October 7, 2010 at 7:45 AM

I hope Radiohead doesn’t fuss about this use of “Creep”.
forest on October 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I dunno in 2007…

Radiohead said its seventh studio album “In Rainbows” would be available from Radiohead.com from October 10 in MP3 format, meaning it can be played on all digital devices. In the latest twist in the move to digital music, fans can choose how much to pay, or can pay nothing if they prefer.

Fallon on October 7, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Cannot Wait To Vote

txmomof6 on October 7, 2010 at 7:26 AM

I feel like a little kid with 27 days before Christmas. I am EXCITED.

SayNo2-O on October 7, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Love it! We need to start playing the socialist card!

I hope whoever the GOP nominates has the guts to call Obama what he is… a socialist. Then they can point out that socialism has been a dismal failure everywhere, and so far it has been a dismal failure in the US.

I want to see a campaign commercial that starts with Joe the Plumber and runs through all the anti-business, socialist quotes they can find. Overlaid with statistics like the debt and unemployment.

bitsy on October 7, 2010 at 9:30 AM

“…where the Marxist ideology of liberation had been consistently applied, a total lack of freedom had developed, whose horrors were now laid bare before the eyes of the entire world. Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.” Pope Benedict XVI

Irenaeus on October 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM

This is an amazing video. Send this to everyone of your friends, FaceBook, Twitter, whatever. Get this around the country.
I cannot wait until November 2nd!!! Change is coming!

magsvt on October 7, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Thought it before I read it… Damn it’s getting easy to see through this a*hole. Can’t wait till it’s he’s over and out… and is just a bad memory.

RalphyBoy on October 7, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Boy, the word progressive has become a dirty word mighty fast. It used to be that it took a while for people to catch on. Now the sheep suit is torn off the commie wolf almost as fast as it’s put on. They’re going to run out of words or phrases to hide behind soon.

I was thinking maybe ‘murderous lying moochbags’ might fly for awhile.
Oh sure, it doesn’t fly right off the tongue like ‘progressive’, but it has a certain cadence to it.

justltl on October 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM

That is a chilling…extremely effective ad.

MechEng5by5 on October 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Let’s not fall into the trap Dems want to get us into by debating only the economy, this video brings more stuff into the election. I liked this very much.

Herb on October 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM