Sneak preview of tonight’s “Parker Spitzer”: Oliver Stone calls Palin a moron

posted at 6:17 pm on October 5, 2010 by Allahpundit

No joke: Out of an hour’s worth of programming, this is the 90 seconds they’re touting on CNN.com. Because, after all, if you’re a Palin-hater itching to see her demonized, how many options do you have on cable news at 8 p.m.? Oh, right — Olbermann does this every night of the year. Good work, CNN.

Please to contain your surprise upon learning that last night’s debut finished … dead last in its time slot. Yes, even behind whatever it is that Headline News runs during that hour. Good lord. Not even a respectable third place for the premiere? No public curiosity to see Client Number Nine in, er, action?

Parker Spitzer finished 4th in total viewers and the A25-54 demographic. It also lost viewers from the lead-in at 7pmET, John King USA, in total viewers…

Parker Spitzer did improve on the lead-in in the demo, and was up week-to-week in demo as well. A CNN spokesperson tells Mediaite: “We are pleased with the quality of the show and over time we think viewers will be drawn to the more thoughtful discussion and lively debate that Kathleen and Eliot have to offer.”

Reuters has a brutal round-up of the opening night reviews but all you really need to read is the New York Post’s headline to get the flavor. In fact, among all the reactions I’ve seen, the only bit of contrarianism came from a certain conservative atheist — and for once, it wasn’t me. Exit question: Is it already time for a “Parker Spitzer” cancellation watch? Over/under is New Year’s, I guess.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’m detecting a theme here…

abobo on October 5, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Somewhere, Bernard Shaw is banging his head against a wall.

kingsjester on October 5, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Bring back Sanchez.

There’s three words I’d thought I never use.

SteveMG on October 5, 2010 at 6:19 PM

conspiracy kook calls sara palin a moron. right.

sbvft contributor on October 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM

So, they are just going to have various Hollywood people come on the show every night to call Sarah Palin a moron?

myrenovations on October 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Just shut up Stone and go back to smoking your Thai sticks.

Hummer53 on October 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM

So who’s going to defend Palin on this show?

LurkerDood on October 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM

When an attack on Palin is too hacky for AP, you know that the attacker has absolutely rocketed over the shark.

Good Solid B-Plus on October 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM

That’s Oliver Stone? I thought that was Adolph Hitler…

sandee on October 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM

myrenovations on October 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Yep.

tetriskid on October 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM

He’s a kitchen sink kind of dolt. Just bouncing around aimlessly, throwing it all in a steaming pile.

ronsfi on October 5, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Suffregettes marching were know nothings? This dude needs to go away, and CNN should have called him on that.

Johnnyreb on October 5, 2010 at 6:23 PM

This will backfire. CNN is useless.
Can we just kill the whole channel already?

Brian1972 on October 5, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Hire Michelle Malkin to host and feature AP one night a week behind the ‘Blue Dot’. I’d love for her to get the chance to take BO down a notch or two. If I remember correctly AP has a program format already written. The other guests could be Michelle’s fellow calendar girls.

meci on October 5, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Libs don’t cancel libs. They go broke.

Tennman on October 5, 2010 at 6:25 PM

How interesting is a show where morons call other people morons. Is this what Democrats have become.

tarpon on October 5, 2010 at 6:25 PM

funniest line of the day from the Reuters link

“Parker Spitzer” made its debut after two weeks of turmoil at CNN, which pioneered 24-hour TV news in the 1980s and has clung to its nonpartisan approach.

Reuters, you crack me up.

angryed on October 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM

myrenovations on October 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Yep.

tetriskid on October 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Good thing for Palin no one’s watching.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM

What precisely is the percentage of this show that focuses on Palin every night? CNN was touting some other clip with Aaron Sorkin who was saying basically the same negative things about Palin’s intellect. That’s the fresh programming the network has to offer? Are you kidding me?

Hey CNN: the show’s about Spitzer-Parker, not Sarah Palin. You should tell your hosts they don’t have to focus on the latter all. the. time.

Patrick Ishmael on October 5, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Given how utterly crap-tacular this turd of a show really is, I’d say Halloween.

Norwegian on October 5, 2010 at 6:29 PM

lol, he compared to her to Father Coughlin, the Ku Klux Klan and Prohibition in a nonsensical rant.

This is the guy who thinks both 9-11 and the JFK assassination were inside jobs and that Fidel Castro is a swell guy.

Daemonocracy on October 5, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Do the libtards have any idea that the SP attacks actually hurts their credibility more than hers ? Run, Sara, run. These bedwetters will be crying and sucking their thumbs when you are sworn in.

Fear us. We are coming.

Sara2012

Run, Sara, run.

DeweyWins on October 5, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Hey, on the bright side, if CNN goes for the Palin hater demo, they’ll split it with MSDNC and damage them while limiting themselves at the same time.

Oh, and Sarah has O’Rielly, Hannity and Greta anytime she wants.

Win for FOX.

Brian1972 on October 5, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I’m detecting a theme here…

abobo on October 5, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Ideological manage a trois.

the_nile on October 5, 2010 at 6:31 PM

But the program took on a freak-show quality when guest Aaron Sorkin, the former crack head and Maureen Dowd paramour who created TV’s “The West Wing” and wrote “The Social Network,” declared, “Sarah Palin’s an idiot. She’s a remarkably, stunningly, jaw-droppingly mean woman.”

Oh, right, Palin’s the mean one here.

JammieWearingFool on October 5, 2010 at 6:31 PM

The plugs that Oliver Stone purchased with his mountains of capitalist earnings seem to be coming in quite nicely.

jjrakman on October 5, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Oh Man..This one looks great. I mean last night’s BASHFEST of Palin was good, but Oliver Stone tonight. WOW. I just can’t wait to see who is going to bash Palin tomorrow night. We have had Aaron Sorkin, Oliver Stone…so.. Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it be Michael Moore himself. I wonder what synonym for STUPID he is going to use to describe Palin. My money is on DUMB. Probably in a cute phrase like DUMB AS A STUMP…or something hilarious like that. I tell you if I were Bill O’Reilly I would be working on that resume.

Dan Pet on October 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Oliver Stone calling anyone a moron is the ultimate pot-kettle-black moment.

irishspy on October 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Is it weird to fire Rick Sanchez for saying something unflattering about Jews controlling the media, then inviting Oliver Stone on your network 4 days later?

MayBee on October 5, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Well, the left will always tell you who they fear.

Sarah Palin now has shows on all networks dedicated to destroying her.

portlandon on October 5, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Bull. After sacking Sanchez, they won’t kick these two out until at least next spring.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 6:34 PM

With everything going on in the country, they focus on Palin.

Dear me.

blatantblue on October 5, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Oh, right, Palin’s the mean one here.

JammieWearingFool on October 5, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Yeah, I’m still waiting to hear from all the people slinging insults and slander what exactly Palin has done that was “mean”.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 6:35 PM

That’s Oliver Stone? I thought that was Adolph Hitler…

sandee on October 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM

LOL! Man, that dude does look like Hitler!

milemarker2020 on October 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Don’t worry….Parker will defend her.

NeoKong on October 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM

This will only up the Ante with the other networks. Joy Behar will have to call Palin a whore. Than Olbermann will call Palin a Teabagging slut. Than Rachel Maddow will trump them all an call her a co*kteasing rapist.

It’s all downhill from here folks.

portlandon on October 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Bring back Crossfire!!! New Crossfire panel should include S.E. Cupp on the right and maybe Marc Lamont Hill on the left!!!

terryannonline on October 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Norwegian on October 5, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Veterans Day/Marines Birthday.

upinak on October 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM

From Saul Alinsky:

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”

kingsjester on October 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Not abort a baby with special needs. Don’t you know a loving mother would have smothered Trig with a pillow?

Good Solid B-Plus on October 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

myrenovations on October 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM

The concept seemed so bold fresh new and original when CNN management heard about it…

the_nile on October 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

portlandon on October 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM

port, stop giving the jerks ideas man.

upinak on October 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I have a choice between this show and 2 filling and a fight with my wife. I will take the latter.

CWforFreedom on October 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

So the Hitler look alike compared Palin to Father Coughlin and the KKK?

The fact that Parker didn’t even make an effort to clarify exactly what the Hitler look alike meant is disgusting.

If this chick isn’t off the rolls at Townhall she should be now. She’s a liberal skank in full bloom.

Drop her from Hot Air as well please.

darwin on October 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM

CWforFreedom on October 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

NCIS is on. I’ll catch some of O’Reilly’s replay.

kingsjester on October 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Well, the left will always tell you who they fear.

Sarah Palin now has shows on all networks dedicated to destroying her.

portlandon on October 5, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I wonder if that is a first in the history of cable and MSM media? All but one going after a woman….

upinak on October 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

port, stop giving the jerks ideas man.

upinak on October 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

It’s already been planned out. The itinerary is there, and the libs will fill in what hasn’t been decided.

Palin won’t run. But she will be the decoy, in order for others to make it through the gauntlet a little less beaten up.

portlandon on October 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Palin hates 50% of Americans. Moron? No. Un-American? Yes.

bifidis on October 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

PALIN IS A MORON!?!?

AND STONE – WHO BASICALLY SAID THE HOLOCAUST WAS OVER-RATED – IS SMART!?

STONE AND SPITZER ARE IMMORAL SC*M.

IF PARKER HAD A SHRED OF SELF-RESPECT SHE’D'VE NEVER TAKEN THIS GIG WITH ELIOT.

reliapundit on October 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Townhall needs to can Parker. What a joke having this woman as a columnist.

darwin on October 5, 2010 at 6:44 PM

She looks a lot older than I thought

TheBigOldDog on October 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM

bifidis on October 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

darwin on October 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Daemonocracy on October 5, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Let’s not forget the celluloid tongue-bath he gave Hugo Chavez.

JammieWearingFool on October 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM

They should just play the Wolf Blitzer Jeopardy episode for the rest of the week, and follow-up with, I dunno, Golden Girls reruns? It’s got to be better than this loser-fest.

DarthBrooks on October 5, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Palin hates 50% of Americans. Moron? No. Un-American? Yes.

bifidis on October 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Cite your source, Skippy.

kingsjester on October 5, 2010 at 6:46 PM

portlandon on October 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

That summer surprise is going to be a zinger than huh!

upinak on October 5, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Tell me again who’s supposed to be the conservative on that show?

Hilts on October 5, 2010 at 6:47 PM

upinak on October 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I think all the networks went after Hillary too. Not with the same condescending hate and nastiness, but they were falling all over themselves to be part of the narrative of “We elected the first Black President!!11!!” crap.

If Palin wants to keep drawing flack for the Republican party, I say let her. Than she can endorse whomever would be the best Presidential candidate and her mission will be accomplished. Getting rid of the Tool in the Oval office.

portlandon on October 5, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Let’s not forget the celluloid tongue-bath he gave Hugo Chavez.

JammieWearingFool on October 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM

that wasn’t a tongue bath. He thought Hugo was a 5 pound gummy bear on a stick.

upinak on October 5, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Later this week on Park and Spit, Lindsay Lohan reveals what she thinks about Sarah and Bristol Palin. Then, for the remainder of the show, they discuss how very insignificant the Palins are to American politics.

RBMN on October 5, 2010 at 6:49 PM

The fact he used the word “moron” says more about Stone’s intellectual acumen than it does Palin’s.

Capitalist Infidel on October 5, 2010 at 6:50 PM

It makes you wonder what the planning meetings for this show were like and what they thought they could do to up ratings.
Didn’t they have some focus groups or something.
I mean if they really had a conservative(Ann Coulter or Ziegler or Laura Ingraham) on there instead of Parker I have no doubt you could pull some viewers.

kangjie on October 5, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Dan Pet on October 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I’m on the fence here about Palin , you think they could get Matt Damon to weight in? Sean Penn?

the_nile on October 5, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Palin hates 50% of Americans. Moron? No. Un-American? Yes.

bifidis on October 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

A Bifidus Factor (bifidogenic factor) is a compound that specifically enhances the growth of bifidobacteria in either a product or in the intestines of humans and/or animals.

I’m not surprised.

portlandon on October 5, 2010 at 6:52 PM

For those who don’t want to follow my link, this was Oliver Stone in July (via Huffington Post):

Oliver Stone says that Hitler caused more damage to the Russian people than to Jewish people, but that the American focus on the Holocaust stems from the “Jewish domination of the media.”

Rick Sanchez must be tearing his hair out.

MayBee on October 5, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I wonder how that Hilter revisionist/retrospective is coming along that Stone is putting together? Do you suppose while he is demonizing Palin, Spitzer will ask him: Was Hitler just misunderstood?/SARC.

Dr Evil on October 5, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Also, later this week on Parker Spitzer, Client Number Nine gives us his review of New York City’s Hotel Rooms.

kingsjester on October 5, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I thought that was Adolph Hitler…

sandee on October 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Whew, I feel better…

karl9000 on October 5, 2010 at 6:53 PM

They should stick with the Palin bashing on this show. It’s worked great for Joy Behar. Just look at her ratings.

mizflame98 on October 5, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Exit question: Is it already time for a “Parker Spitzer” cancellation watch? Over/under is New Year’s,I guess.

It’s Oct 5th you think this can go on till January 1st? 3 months? They might want to get into the MSNBC act (doc blocks) and start running canned programing. If no one is watching anyway put the cheapest thing you can on at that hour.

Dr Evil on October 5, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Spitzer gets caught with a hooker, thus hastening his term as governor, and bringing it to an end.

Parker is getting long in the tooth, and shows her contempt for her age, by bashing a younger woman. Showing off her jealousy seems to be her one true talent here.

Stone doesn’t want to make good movies, he wants a dictator to tell him what kind of movies he can make.

And they all believe Palin is the idiot? No wonder I have no desire to watch. If I’m going to waste an hour watching something stupid, I’ll watch Jack A$$ or some other insipid little show.

capejasmine on October 5, 2010 at 6:59 PM

All I needed to know is that it’s Parker and Spitzer.

AUINSC on October 5, 2010 at 7:00 PM

CNN’s Parker/Spitzer train wreck caught on tape: http://bit.ly/dpF2ey

The Zoo Keeper on October 5, 2010 at 7:01 PM

No nothingism in American history is all over the place. Candidates…ignorant people run for office and they win…

Sounds like someone we know all to well.

tommer74 on October 5, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Has anyone noticed that old Ollie is now sporting a toupe or has gone a step further and went all Joe Biden?

Blake on October 5, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Dr Evil on October 5, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me if they already ordered a certain number of shows to be done. Keeping them for a short time is pretty much ‘free’ for them. Besides they need to come up with something else to fill the time slot that doesn’t suck. Other than doing some kind of lame Crossfire/Hannity & Colmes type show with Erickson?

clement on October 5, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Daemonocracy on October 5, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Let’s not forget the celluloid tongue-bath he gave Hugo Chavez.

JammieWearingFool on October 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM

…Let’s also not forget the incompetent failure of a governor that the idiot Stone was talking to:

Hooker-plagued former Gov. Eliot Spitzer, host of new CNN talk show, should not be advising America

BY Kenneth Lovett

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/04/2010-10-04_one_el_of_a_cnn_joke_failed_exgov_shouldnt_be_advising_america.html#ixzz11WpuqDjZ

As the disgraced former Luv Gov weighs in on the national and state issues of the day, more should remember what a dismal governor Spitzer was before his dalliance with call girls became public.

Only two left wing idiots would have the audacity to judge other people when they represent so much failure themselves.

Hey Oliver….Castro wants to remind you:

Castro:

“The Cuban model doesn’t even work for us anymore,” he said.

It’s not working in Hugo land either….did not work in China….Russia and other Marxist havens of death and failure.

Typical liberal idiots……

Baxter Greene on October 5, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Stone is just another “elitest” punk who thinks in his own mind, that those who don’t recognize his “omnipotence” are inferior. The man is completely nauseating. Anyone who watches this trash has the same problem. Narcissim is a mental disorder that is a character flaw shared by those of the same ilk.

volsense on October 5, 2010 at 7:13 PM

terryannonline on October 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Cupp on the right? Are we sure about that? Why do I think that if you put Cupp and Hill in the same room it would eventually lead to a salacious cover story in People?

turfmann on October 5, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I’ll bet Parker looks proudly at her Pulitzer as she ponders how next to pooh pooh Palin.

RedRedRice on October 5, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Funny… ‘Moron’ is the word I’d more likely attach to Oliver Stone.

Scrappy on October 5, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Oliver Stone is the moron….just hold your nose and see his films. Not a brilliant guy.

jbh45 on October 5, 2010 at 7:18 PM

RedRedRice on October 5, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Strangest thing , Palin bashing guarantees you a Pulitzer , but not viewers…

the_nile on October 5, 2010 at 7:18 PM

If tonight’s draw is Oliver Stone, then this show has officially jumped the shark. On Day 2. That’s gotta be some kind of record…

joejm65 on October 5, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Oliver Stone’s 15 minutes have been up since about 1995, but nobody in the media seems to care.

Yes, I know he’s made films since then, but the last one to have any impact is Natural Born Killers. Well, unless you count “giving me motion sickness” as Any Given Sunday having an impact.

teke184 on October 5, 2010 at 7:35 PM

How would CNN be handling these two contracts? Do they ever write them with a one-month term? Can they bring on personalities on a no-contract at-will basis?

slickwillie2001 on October 5, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Sarah Palin IS Ronald Reagan. Everybody with me who can remember this treatment from the 70′s raise your hand. Here, I’ll help remind you:

Mike Stivic: “Here’s a man who didn’t like Richard Nixon”
Archie Bunker: “No I did not”
Mike Stivic: “Didn’t like George McGovern”
Archie Bunker: “You’re damn right”
Mike Stivic: “So he wrote in Ronald Reagan!!!”
(HUGE audience laugh)

Marcus on October 5, 2010 at 7:36 PM

So who’s going to defend Palin on this show?

LurkerDood on October 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Does she need defending here?

If someone is attacked on a show that no one watches, were they ever really attacked?

RINO in Name Only on October 5, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Stone is just sticking to the “Parker/Spitzer” Palin-hating script they must have for guests.

Here’s Aaron Sorkin, they guy who made the new movie “Social Network,” calling Palin a “remarkably, stunningly, jaw-droppingly incompetent and mean woman.”

To promote his new movie, “The Social Network,” screenwriter and producer Aaron Sorkin appeared on the first episode of CNN’s “Parker Spitzer” Monday night. In the process, he made some pretty harsh political statements, including calling Sarah Palin an “idiot.”

Sorkin went on to say that the former Alaska governor is a “remarkably, stunningly, jaw-droppingly incompetent and mean woman.”

(Hmm. Is this the way to promote a movie?)

Sorkin seemed to realize that his comments were probably not prudent as marketing strategy. He joked that he “actually went on TV and lost ticket buyers.”

Django on October 5, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Folks, you’ve got to remember, uTorrent is your friend and Hollywood’s enemy. ;-)

Django on October 5, 2010 at 7:46 PM

So this new show who is co-hosted by a guy who paid for sex, while married has a coke addict on as the 1st day guest and a guy who wants to put “Hitler in context” as the second day guest for the sole purpose of them calling Sarah Palin stupid?

And people actually wonder why their ratings are already in the toilet?

The only hope left for this garbage is to get Kathleen Parker those tight dresses Andrea Tantaros wears on Red Eye and cross her legs repeatedly.

Chrisin206 on October 5, 2010 at 7:50 PM

the_nile

NO NO NO, Nile. It’s Directors turn this week. Next week (if they don’t get cancelled by then) is ACTORS. Come on, get with the Parker Spitzer program.

Dan Pet on October 5, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Send Kathleen to interview O’Keefe..

SouthernGent on October 5, 2010 at 8:01 PM

What kind of conservative sits across from Oliver Stone and doesn’t rip the guy a new one? He’s a crackpot.

I’m reminded of when David Gergen and Mark Shields were the political commentators on the MacNeil Lehrer Propaganda Hour representing the left and far left.

InterestedObserver on October 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM

“Andy Griffith type of character”?

Palin touted Obamacare and watched her popularity drop?

Hog Wild on October 5, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Dan Pet

Ah. I get it. Next up, James Cameron, THEN Michael Moore to round out the week.

Actors next week: Sean Penn of course, Susan Sarandon, Jeaneane Garofolo, Whoopi, and Cate Blanchett to give it that international flavour.

Ozwitch on October 5, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I didn’t see this coming. Stone is usually so fair and thoughtful when talking about Republicans.

snaggletoothie on October 5, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Frankly, it’s an honor to be called a moron by Oliver Stone. I’ve seen the people he respects. I’d much prefer to be disrespected by him.

Chris of Rights on October 5, 2010 at 9:18 PM

From the vid you can tell who’s the knuckle-dragging moron.

This guy is a lunatic.