New Christine O’Donnell ad: “I’m you”

posted at 8:15 pm on October 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

Very sharp, and it’s no surprise that it is. Late last month, O’Donnell signed GOP ad guru Fred Davis to handle her advertising for the campaign. Among his greatest hits are Carly Fiorina’s “Demon Sheep” spot and the now legendary “Celebrity” ad attacking Obama for McCain’s campaign two years ago. The strategy for this one is simple as can be: After weeks of “witchcraft” nonsense aimed at painting her as a kook, the goal is to humanize her as quickly and powerfully as possible. Not a syllable is breathed here about policy, party affiliation, or conservatism; it’s a straightforward “everyman versus the establishment” appeal which, thanks to O’Donnell’s poise and the direct, soft-spoken conversational appeal to the camera, ends up being quite arresting.

The latest old chestnut retrieved by the media is something she said in a debate four years ago about being privy to classified info regarding some sort of Chinese takeover of the U.S. I hope that doesn’t swamp the rollout of the “I’m you” message, but it bodes ill if the kook/everyman arm-wrestling between the campaigns goes on until election day since it means she’s on the defensive until the bitter end. Presumably this is her reintroduction to the electorate, and from here on out it’ll be attacks on Coons for being a rubber-stamp for Reid and Pelosi if he’s elected. Those spots from Davis should be fun.

Update: Yes, admittedly, most “everyman” appeals don’t include a, er, formal denial that one is a witch. But the situation is what it is. She’s got a big pile of lemons and now she needs to make lemonade. No sense pretending voters haven’t heard about what most of them have already heard about.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Vyce on October 5, 2010 at 9:51 AM

So, in other words, you’re just here to kvetch because the Delaware Republicans elected a candidate that you don’t like.

kingsjester on October 5, 2010 at 9:58 AM

So, what if she is a witch – wouldn´t that be an improvement? Just sayin.

james hooker on October 5, 2010 at 10:03 AM

If I were trying to convince the warlocks that I wasn’t a witch……..I probably would not have worn BLACK???

justonevictory on October 5, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Vyce on October 5, 2010 at 9:51 AM

kingsjester on October 5, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Exactly.

fossten on October 5, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I think it is interesting that The Won has said and done many really goofy things but the label “brilliant” just can’t be pried away. Letting the media determine who is and isn’t worthy has already cost us, how many times will we let them be the determining factor?

Cindy Munford on October 5, 2010 at 10:54 AM

My ex wife is a witch – and I would rather see her in congress busting the POTUS’s balls over the current crowd.

jake-the-goose on October 5, 2010 at 10:55 AM

So now the Dems number one point to campaign on is to call a Republican a witch?? LOL

Good luck with that….

jeffn21 on October 5, 2010 at 12:11 PM

OK, I am a fan, watched her funding numbers go ballistic, but the only part I liked about the ad, was the very end, the very last “I am you” I think video of her being us, would of been better, then end with “I am you”. Show her saying “These alpha hotels in DC are driving me crazy”, shooting her AK-74, buying a few sixers, BBQing some big steaks, renting from red box, scrolling reddit, writing a check to the IRS followed by a hearty “F@ck them!”, drifting her Sylvia clone, putting a for-sale sign on her Katana, dumping coins into Coinstar, then eating sushi.

WoosterOh on October 4, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Fixed all that for you.

;-)

roy_batty on October 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM

She is me, and she is the people I know, where I come from.

I’m fed up with the smarmy leftists who cynically calculate how they will swipe my vote.

O’Donnell is me, Angle is me, Ron Johnson in Wisconsin is me. I relate to them. They are like my neighbors, my local school board members, my mayor. They may have trouble with their mortgages here or there, or some other petty skeletons in the closet, but when it comes down to it, they are real. They stand up and do the simple, right thing for the place where we all live.

Edouard on October 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM

The primary’s over, O’Donnell won, and yet “conservatives” keep trashing her. Strange.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 7:18 AM

O’Donnell has a history of welching or weaseling on debts, filing multimillion-dollar gender discrimination lawsuits against conservative thinktanks, and running third-party after losing the GOP nomination, and yet “conservatives” keep telling people to shut up and stop holding political candidates responsible for their actions.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 12:18 PM

The only problem with saying, “I am you” is that I would never vote for me to be a senator. I want someone who is better than me.

PackerBronco on October 5, 2010 at 12:18 PM

PackerBronco on October 5, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I think you might be in the minority. Based on the congressional approval ratings, plummeting as we speak, I think most of us think we could do better. I might now be savvy enough to get elected, but I could do the darn job better than most of those yahoos, could do.

I hated the sheep ad, btw., but I liked this one.

And the HP crowd went NUTS! Good sign it was effective, haha*

She’s got 2 mil. Keep spending it, baby. Coons is cute, too, and pretty sweet, too.

You gotta spend those bucks here to even get close.

AnninCA on October 5, 2010 at 12:24 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 7:18 AM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I think that Castle is a clear Lisa M/Cristy type….really sore losers.

If I have to take my pick? I’ll pick the one who had a few financial problems.

Just my 2 cents.

AnninCA on October 5, 2010 at 12:25 PM

WoosterOh on October 4, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Fixed all that for you.

;-)

roy_batty on October 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM

It reminds me of that terrific ad campaign on USA, “I am a character.”

AnninCA on October 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Anyone who doesn’t like this ad or doesn’t like Christine is simply babeaphobic!

DuctTapeMyBrain on October 5, 2010 at 12:33 PM

My ex wife is a witch…I would rather see her in congress busting the POTUS’s balls …
jake-the-goose on October 5, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Witches can do that?

eeyore on October 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Excellent ad,I like it!!

canopfor on October 5, 2010 at 12:40 PM

DuctTapeMyBrain on October 5, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I’m so glad that this fervent support has nothing to do with her looks.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 12:45 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 12:45 PM

MadCon, even you admitted to me that you’d rather have a 41-year old telegenic Christine O’Donnell (nice, humble ad, BTW) in the tent urinating out than a 71-year old balding male outside the tent urinating in. And heck, why would you hold any brief for those conservative think tanks targeted by Christine, anyway?

BradSchwartze on October 5, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Excellent ad,I like it!!

canopfor on October 5, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Agree. Fred Davis is the best in the business.

Norwegian on October 5, 2010 at 2:09 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 12:18 PM

She essentially admits she is not perfect in her ad. She is right. Obama is turning our Republic into wreckage and we keep bickering about this strictly minor-league crap on her resume.

Will she vote to gut and then repeal ObamaCare? Will she stand against cap-and-trade? Will she support constitutional legislating? Will she reject privileging illegal aliens and oppose kneecapping our troops in theater?

Take your sniveling about her penny-ante debts and shove it.

Edouard on October 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Take your sniveling about her penny-ante debts and shove it.

Edouard on October 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Penny ante debts today could be Charlie Rangle sized corruption in the future… let a kid steal a piece of gum today and in ten years he steals a car….

Voters have the right to ask.

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Never start an ad with a negative. I think even Frank Luntz would cringe at this one.

moonsbreath on October 5, 2010 at 2:38 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010

JonPrichard on October 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM

What a freaking embarrassment Christine O’Donnell is. PLEASE be Sarah’s running mate and run for prez/vp!!! Oh, please!!!

bifidis on October 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Christine is at it again, raising $215k to run the add state wide.

Seems like a lot to run it state wide, but will likely go towards the next wave of ads.

WoosterOh on October 5, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Forgot to say, her goal is $1m, so 22% in less than a day.

WoosterOh on October 5, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Countdown to someone turning her skin green and adding a pointy hat begins now.

Mark Jaquith on October 5, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Black was a poor color choice for the way the ad started out. The “I am you” seems insincere probably because it is. She talks too slow and deliberate in the so that it doesn’t come across as genuine — more from a script. Didn’t see her personality come through that you see in interviews like with Hannity.

If I was a voter in DE, I would be asking why bring this up that she is like me because she isn’t. IMHO they have opened the door for the Dems to come back with ways she is not like the average voter. I won’t go into details but if I was doing their ads, I would have a field day with this one.

Would have left what she said earlier alone. Sure wouldn’t have had her dressed in black and sitting there staring at the camera. All you have to do is pick an outdoor scene that reflects DE and have her say how she will represent DE in DC. There are so many ways they could have approached this including talking about being from Delaware and not feeling represented in the Senate and how should would be the voice of the people of Delaware in the Senate not the special interests or something to that effect.

Been reviewing ads for years and this is not one of the better ads I have seen done by a Republican this late in the election cycle.

PhiKapMom on October 5, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I was one of the folks that had mis-givings about her. This ad has given me a new perspective. I liked the ad and I’m feeling more positive about her. She is me(or was when I was young lol). Right or wrong, kooky or not,take or leave me–this gal is going to vote her conscience and to he!! with those who don’t like it. How many of those do we have on the Hill!!!!! You gotta admire that, no matter what you may think of her personally. DEL could do a lot worse(and will with Coons).

jeanie on October 5, 2010 at 4:25 PM

PhiKapMom on October 5, 2010 at 4:15 PM

But, it is the first ad in her race against Coons. It is a subtle approach, to soften her, it has soft lighting, there was a purpose for the ad. Of course I am not a fan of the ad either, but I understand it. They humanized her to show she is not what the left is trying to define her as.

There is a lot of time left.

WoosterOh on October 5, 2010 at 4:27 PM

What is strange is how her supporters keep shouting “Look Bunnies” every time a negative is pointed out. Almost as if they believe the democrats will ignore it as well.
Face it SP blew this endorsement — a little checking before tweeting might have been prudent, no?

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Fast-forward to 2012. Romney’s the GOP nominee, but conservatives keep pointing out he was for government involvement in health care while governorand various other assorted “negatives”. Squishes castigate conservatives: “You’re ruining our chances with this constant back-stabbing! There was a primary, Romney won, and if you don’t want Obama to be re-elected than get behind the GOP nominee!!!!!”

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Voters have the right to ask.

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Any shortcoming could be signs of Charlie Rangel type corruption. You want a sinless candidate? Show me one.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:40 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:37 PM

You must take spin and dodge lessons from the same Guru Axelrod uses….

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 4:41 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:37 PM

You must take spin and dodge lessons from the same Guru Axelrod uses….

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Spin and dodge? Hell, we heard that about McCain in 2008. Get in line and shut up!!!!

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:42 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Was Castle accused of misappropriating funds, skipping mortgage payments, suing due to election losses, or of claiming to have dabbled in witchcraft?
Perfect no but OD has more baggage than American Airlines lost luggage department.

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 4:43 PM

No, but he was a liberal. I’ll take the other imperfections, thanks.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Voters have the right to ask.

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 2:37 PM

No, we don’t. If you don’t unquestionably support her, you’re just another Marxist. You have no rights. Shut up and get on the Tea Party Express, where you respect people seeking political office by keeping quiet about the same kind of crap we’d gladly scream and yell about if it was a liberal with that history.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM

No, but he was a liberal. I’ll take the other imperfections, thanks.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Ah so for you principles only apply to those you disagree with politically. In the words of the infamous Church Lady – “How Conveeeeenient!”

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 4:52 PM

So declare yourself…are you HAPPY with Coons being the Senator from Delaware for the next 24 years? If you are then quit inferring that you are in any way a Conservative. If you are not, either help the cause or at least shut your whiny yap so hard working Conservatives can get the woman elected.SHUT UP!

JonPrichard on October 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM

There. I boiled down your post for you. Now stop claiming to be a conservative.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 4:52 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM

*Shoulders slump, smile fades* Well if you say so Madcon! GOOOO ODONNELL! ;)

reminds me of the scene from the Good, The Bad and the Ugly where the hotel owner switched sides when he saw what uniform the soldiers were wearing….

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM

No idea. Nor do you have any idea. She’s a liar about her past. Explain how you can trust her to be truthful about anything else.

Take your sniveling about her penny-ante debts and shove it.SHUT UP!

Edouard on October 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM

It’s amazing how many liberal-minded people are supporting this woman.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Ah so for you principles only apply to those you disagree with politically.

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Hmmmm…do you pore through the credit rankings of everyone you cast a vote for? Naahhhhh. Just those that Palin endorses. Anyway, is O’Donnell under indictment or something? Sure seems like it.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:56 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM

I think the word you’re looking for is “unquestioningly”, and straw man arguments aren’t all that impressive. If you don’t live in Delaware and don’t like O’Donnell, why get your panties in a wad over it anyway?

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Hmmmm…do you pore through the credit rankings of everyone you cast a vote for?

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Nope, because if they have a history of fiscal irresponsibility, it’ll be out there. O’Donnell does, and it is. Nikki Haley doesn’t. Michelle Bachmann doesn’t. Sarah Palin doesn’t. Equivocate all you like. The tea party wants politicians who are accountable to the people. You’re advocating against accountability. Congratulations. Maybe you want a corrupt “conservative” in office. I’d rather the tea party not be represented by one.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:01 PM

^ If Castle had won, you wouldn’t have had that alleged army of O’Donnell worshipers on here b1tching about what a squish he is. No way. But yet here it is weeks after the primary and we’re still being told that O’Donnell is some ignorant slut who probably deserves jail time, if not a slow death in a fire. One straw man deserves another.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I should ask you the same thing. Why do you care what my opinion is, or why I point out those things?

I’ll tell you why: because she’s going to be a United States Senator, not a Delaware State Senator. What she does in office will affect all of us. So, you can cut the “if you’re not from Delaware, shut up” crap. You’ve got plenty of other people saying “shut up”, so it’s really excessive.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Your media will keep you up to speed! Yes, sir!

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I know I’d be on here saying he was a RINO creep, just like I was with McCain in 08. Objectivity is a difficult concept for you, isn’t it?

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Find me someone who has said all of that. Meanwhile, I just quoted people restating exactly what I said. Get a clue.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:05 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM

OK, so you DO think Coons would be the better choice. The primary’s OVER and has been OVER for quite a while now. No need to keep campaigning for Castle.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Your media will keep you up to speed! Yes, sir!

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Maybe you’re too stupid to be able to double-check sources. I’m not, and it turns out the sources are correct.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:05 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Not as hard as “you fight with the army you’ve got” and “there are winners and losers in a primary” are for you.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:06 PM

OK, so you DO think Coons would be the better choice.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Okay, you can stop talking about strawman arguments anytime now, hypocrite.

Coons sucks. O’Donnell sucks. Neither of them should be in office. Had I the vote, I wouldn’t vote for either. We don’t need Marxists in office, and we don’t need dishonest conservatives either.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:05 PM

So is she under indictment, or are you suggesting that we let the credit bureaus choose our candidates?

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Maybe “BUT ONE WILL BE ELECTED” is a difficult concept for you. That’s no straw man, it’s reality.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:08 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Spin some more. You think if there aren’t criminal charges, they’re perfectly okay. Oh, unless a liberal does it. Or a RINO. If it were Castle with these problems, you’d be foaming at the mouth about them. You’re nothing but a hypocrite.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:08 PM

And “either could be a disaster” is a difficult concept for you. Take your pick: Coons hell, or O’Donnell going down in flames and Coons taking the seat next term anyway.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:12 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM

No I wouldn’t. As in the primary, I’d say it’s up to voters in Delaware. Maybe “primaries that aren’t in my state” is a difficult concept for you to grasp.

The point is, if I REALLY, REALLY want to HATE a candidate — any candidate — with a purple passion, I can ALWAYS find some reason to do so.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:12 PM

“Either could be” is speculation. Based on present ideology, I prefer a Senate vote from O’Donnell rather than Coons.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:20 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Really? Give me a reason to hate Ron Johnson. Or Pat Toomey. Or Rand Paul. Give me a set of reasons that compares to defaulting on a mortgage, paying home rent with campaign funds, not paying campaign workers with those same funds, having an IRS lien, and filing a gender discrimination lawsuit against a conservative thinktank for seven million dollars.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Really? Give me a reason to hate Ron Johnson.

I don’t like gray hair, I’ll bet he’s missed at least 1 credit card payment and used a Ouija board or Magic 8 Ball in the past.

Or Pat Toomey.

Loser wingnut who couldn’t even take out Arlen Specter in 2004.

Or Rand Paul.

Father’s a kook, allegedly abducted a female classmate in college, is questionable on civil rights and racial attitudes.

See, it’s easy.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:44 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Gee. I don’t see any of those that include multimillion dollar lawsuits they filed for gender discrimination, willfully defaulting on loans, or using campaign funds to pay personal rent when they didn’t use those same campaign funds to pay campaign workers.

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:49 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:49 PM

So you have a really really narrow field of “weakness” and “wrongdoing”. Namely, anything O’Donnell’s done. Gotcha.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:52 PM

MadisonConservative on October 5, 2010 at 5:01 PM

First, all three of the above are married, Christine is not. Second, Bachmann did not pay her property taxes.

Haley had a problem filling out her income taxes returns, was late for the last 5 years and had to pay fines.

Palin user her home and got per diem, in some sorts like using your home as your campaign headquarters when you have less than $50,000 in campaign donations and cant afford a building.

I am sure there is more, so I am sure you can now hate on these other ladies like you do Christine.

WoosterOh on October 5, 2010 at 6:04 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 4:56 PM

You say Palin has superb leadership qualities and judgment. it is a legitimate question irt OD.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM

This is your typical “I’ve lost the argument so I’ll build a strawman defense” behavior. The only person that called her the names you did in your post is you. It is a pattern you have developed particularly when someone criticizes a person you like.

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I was answering a straw man argument with the same, ya friggin’ dolt. As in, One straw man deserves another.

As for my “description” of Palin’s qualities, I’m sure you can link to that along with my alleged criticisms of Christie’s weight, Jindal’s religion and Gingrich’s divorces. Come on, put up a link.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Come on, put up a link.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I’ve put them up for you before as you asked. You the only defense left is denial.

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM

The ad is terrible even outside of the fact that O’Donnell is a kook who has no chance of even coming close in this race.

What does she mean, “I’m you.” ? It’s a dumb line. You’re NOT me. I’M me. You might be LIKE me, but you’re not me. That and she’s talking way too slowly and her eyes keep veering off to a teleprompter. If you can’t memorize 3 repetitive lines and make it sound like you’re simply speaking and not reading, your ads are going to suck.

TheBlueSite on October 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Come on, put up a link.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Bradky on October 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I must’ve missed it. Since you have it handy, link to it again.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 6:22 PM

TheBlueSite on October 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Don’t forget, though: if you’re Christine O’Donnell and somehow you stumble on the cures for both AIDS and cancer, YOU STILL SUCK!!!1!11!!!!!!

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Cute beginning, with a great “this is silly, but I gotta say it” smile. Good, but not great, middle message.

But the ending is sheer genius. “…and I approved this message. I’m you.

Just when I thought I was out, she pulled me back in!

Winner!

Bigurn on October 5, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Well no one cares that Pelosi and Hillary are witches… Did I spelled witch correctly?

bayview on October 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM

She is not doing Fox, only local media.

Cindy Munford on October 4, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Wrong again, Cindy. The local press is complaining that Sabrina O’Donnell is nowhere to be found:

The “local” news media that she vowed to seek have mostly been ignored. Her rare appearance Friday before local reporters was by invitation and RSVP only.

The above is from Delaware Online. Need more?

She has not responded to numerous reporter requests for comments on various policy issues.

News outlets from around the world have begun regularly contacting reporters and editors at The News Journal to try to track O’Donnell down. The New York Times this week reported on its unsuccessful efforts over several days to speak with the candidate. CNN has called, and MSNBC. The Washington Post sent a query.

Yes, even the editor of the News Journal is complaining that he can’t get Samantha O’Donnell to agree to an interview.

Your turn…

chumpThreads on October 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Your turn…

chumpThreads on October 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM

This is what the libs are reduced to. Hilarious.

ddrintn on October 5, 2010 at 10:02 PM

“I’m you”

Well good luck with your prostate exam… Guess that means i don’t have to pay my mortgage either.

Boxy_Brown on October 6, 2010 at 5:55 AM

Not a great ad. Rush was right when he said she should have had more fun with it. But she may not have A-list consultants, and in any case I don’t see her campaign as any dynamic world-shaking enterprise. The “I’m not you” thing made me a little uneasy when I heard it and that seems to be the point-of-attack for her opponents. She should lay off the soft-sell at this late date and hit Coons with his own words, and put her, uh, easy-to-process face on the screen next to his. PLAY FOR KEEPS. She’s tentative, hearing footsteps, like catching a pass over the middle… because all her enemies are not on the other side.

curved space on October 6, 2010 at 7:04 AM

Ahem. Correction: “I’m NOT you.” is what I’ve seen from her opponents already.

curved space on October 6, 2010 at 7:05 AM

I have searched the Internet for a week, trying to find out anything I could about Chris Coons, that might help Christine O’Donnell win the Delaware Senate seat.

The Complete Get Christine O’Donnell Elected Kit

Nearly Nobody on October 6, 2010 at 8:17 AM

I keep wanting to roll out the Holy Grail scene:

Christine: “I’m not a witch. I’m NOT a witch.”

Sir Bedevere: “But you are dressed as one…”

Christine: “They dressed me up like this. And this isn’t my nose, it’s a false one.”

Sir Bedevere (To the mob): “Well?”

Democratic Operative: “Well, we did do the nose.”

Sir Bedevere: “The nose?”

Democratic Operative: “And the hat. But she’s a witch…”

philwynk on October 6, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I don’t know what to think. This woman should have never engaged in whitchcraft under any circumstances. It is a reflection of her character that she did, and there will be a price to pay.

I don’t know how you dig yourself out of that one. If you kiss one butt, you are a butt kisser. The facts can be a stinker.

saiga on October 6, 2010 at 12:39 PM

saiga on October 6, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Then there’s nothing to worry about, since she never really dabbled in witchcraft. She just hung around with some people in High School (!!!) who were.

It still amazes me to watch people trying to make hay of this nothingburger of a story.

didymus on October 7, 2010 at 3:13 AM