Ed Schultz: Our rally drew the same number of people as Beck’s rally

posted at 7:30 pm on October 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

Reminds me of Kevin Kline at the end of “A Fish Called Wanda”: “We did not lose Vietnam. It was a tie!” Here’s Big Ed, who vowed a few weeks ago that it’d be no great shakes to draw 300,000 people to the Mall, now insisting that 175,000 is pretty good too — and that you shouldn’t mind the conservative “forces of evil” who claim that his crowd wasn’t as big as Beck’s was. To fully appreciate how pathetic this self-affirmation is, take a look at the AP photo he shows in the clip. It’s shot from the Lincoln Memorial and captures the crowd between the tree lines. Never mind that it’s an open question as to how many people were there because their union or school forced them to go, and never mind that people in attendance were quoted at the scene as saying how disappointing the turnout was. What’s wrong with the AP photo? Quite simply, by putting the crowd gathered around the podium in the foreground, it makes it hard to see how far back and how far off to the sides the throng extends. For that, you need an overhead view — and as Gateway Pundit shows, there’s simply no comparison. Nick Gillespie, who attended both events, guesstimates that “One Nation” drew somewhere between one-third and one-half what Beck’s rally drew. Why anyone cares what the numbers were, I’m not sure; it’s only logical that in a year when conservative enthusiasm far exceeds liberal enthusiasm, a right-wing rally will outdraw a left-wing one. (And even so, I expect a much bigger crowd than “One Nation” for the Stewart/Colbert rally.) Schultz sure seems to care, though, which is why he has to resort to sad face-saving gimmicks like the one you see here. Hey, Ed? Let it go. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Of course you did, Ed, of course you did…/

C’mon, on Election Night, my money says he rips his own tongue out with his bare hands on live television when the returns from the imminent Democrat Toba Event in the mid-west start coming in.

Let him have his delusion for a while.

SuperCool on October 4, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Just once, I’d like to see a post about some one that was not a stupid liberal drone. Does Ed Sh!t for brains really deserve our valuable time? The guy gets more hits here than he gets on his whole show circus.

Rovin on October 4, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I’m surprised we didn’t see any spittle …

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!

jerrytbg on October 4, 2010 at 9:50 PM

It was the Unicorn dust. Once Eddie spread the Unicorn dust then hundreds of thousands of liberals sprouted from the green grass chanting “Obama” over and over again.

Jdripper on October 4, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Ed Schulz: another lying liar who lies…

Khun Joe on October 4, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Dire Straits on October 4, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Lots of crude comments there already. I guess if that’s all anyone has against her vs. actual issues and policy disagreement then she might just win.

Yakko77 on October 4, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Ed, your whole event was an epic fail.

kingsjester on October 4, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Like most democrats- they live in a delusional world. There are two worlds- the real world and the world that they live in. The leftist media is obsessed with Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. The more that they try to discredit them the bigger their audiences grow. The media and the democrats are Masters at deceit and distorting facts. Just like the democrats told the dolts who believed them- that Obamacare was going to be free and Obama told people that their insurance premiums would go down $2500.00. Ask the people who just received large increases in their insurance.

flintstone on October 4, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Who is this guy and why do you guys keep talking about him?

ButterflyDragon on October 4, 2010 at 11:00 PM

My friend Beers with Demos has a great story of one of Schultz’s more memorable moments:

<blockquote>

During the exchange while the caller was laying out the story about Del Monte and negotiations with the unions, Schultz interrupted, saying, “OK, now who is this Steve Dore guy?”

Caller: “That would be stevedore”

Clueless Ed: “What’s that?”

Caller: “Those are the guys that do the loading and unloading of trucks and ships.”

Stupendously Clueless Ed: “Oh.”

May Gaia strike us down right here in Fruita, CO if that exchange did not go down.

Ed Schultz, man of the working man and unions and public education and probably a bunch of other stuff if you asked him, could not even identify or recognize one of the most heavily unionized professions on the face of the plan

Mutnodjmet on October 4, 2010 at 11:19 PM

No one would have paid attention to this rally if Ed hadn’t shot off his mouth about how easy it was to draw 300,000 people to the Mall. There were 2 rallys, the day Beck had his. If Beck had the unions paying people to go to his rally, who knows how many would have been there.

I’ve seen some pictures of the signs this “One Nation” thinks are going to join us all together. Seems more like Left Wing Socialism to me and not really designed to bring people together.

bflat879 on October 4, 2010 at 11:20 PM

SuperCool on October 4, 2010 at 9:46 PM

OMG Corona Extra on my keyboard.

seesalrun on October 4, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Ed Schultz: I could draw 300,000 people to the Mall like Beck did

The best part here? The self-reassuring, ever so slightly frantic repetition of “I know I could!”

Considering how much emphasis Big Eddie put on the crowd size of 300K, that he could “match” or “beat” that number no problem.

With that in mind the first indication this rally was a flop was the lack of pictures from the rally.

Seriously if the crowd were anything above embarrassing there would have been thousands of pictures from every considerable angle to drive the point that Big Eddie and fellow wackos drew a crowd.

On the bright side, this disaster shows just how impotent the Unions and Progressives really are! All bark, no bite.

I wonder if that’s why the MSM didn’t cover it?

DSchoen on October 4, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Should have paid more…the plasma center pays more than what they were offering people to show up to their little rally.

And he needs to eat a vegetable or walk around the block once in a while…ain’t healthy.

Asher on October 4, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Ya keep telling big enough lies often enough they become the known perception.

Truth is taboo nowadays.

esnap on October 4, 2010 at 11:30 PM

No way Porky

Hummer53 on October 4, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Couldn’t they even pick up after themselves?

Slobs.

MarkT on October 4, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I’m sure Ed sleeps well at night as he quite apparently has no conscience about being a lying SOS.

LCT688 on October 4, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Tool

nothing more…

Vntnrse on October 5, 2010 at 12:54 AM

I’m reminded that CBS paid someone to determine that attendance at Beck’s rally was 87,000. I’m not kidding.

Owen Glendower on October 5, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Excuse me CNN, but the people who run you are just plain stupid. Either that,or someone needs to spot them 15 points so that the could have an IQ of a rock.
Shitz is a lair, plain and simple. If he would lie on air about something that even a moron at MSNBC would know is false, then he would lie about his expense account, how much air time prep he does.
He makes the people in charge look really dumb. I would never advertise on CNN or if I had a list of companies that do, I’d never buy from them. Their product must be a piece of crap if they are forced to buy air time from them.

BruceB on October 5, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Fathead Ed said:

I tell you what, if I lived in Massachusetts, I’d try to vote ten times. I don’t know if they’d let me or not, but I’d try to. Yeah, that’s right, I’d cheat to keep these bastards out. I would. ‘Cause that’s exactly what they are.

Not surprising that poor, poor pitiful Ed enthusiastically fudges his numbers.

Gang-of-One on October 5, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Ed, when you have to delude yourself this deeply, you’ve lost something valuable. Like your sanity.

November 2nd is going to be a condundrum for me. Watch Fox News, or the massive emotional breakdown on MSNBC?

I might have to get my husband to enable that little box thingy at the bottom of my television…screen in screen or something… ;)

Grace_is_sufficient on October 5, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Well if you go by the amount of trash left on the ground, Ed’s little shindig had thousands of times as many people as Beck’s did.

Squiggy on October 5, 2010 at 6:34 AM

When the Alternate Real World Community lives in an Echo Chamber the result is Ed Schultz.

And it ain’t pretty, that’s for sure.

ajacksonian on October 5, 2010 at 6:51 AM

Leftists lie.

justltl on October 5, 2010 at 7:08 AM

I am Spartacus!

sdd on October 5, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Ah, the reality-based community.

Courage ….

Blacksheep on October 5, 2010 at 7:59 AM

How pathetic must your life (and your ideology) be, when you’re reduced to lying about crowd sizes?…particularly when the facts are easy as an overhead photo to check?

What a buffoon. The guy’s a walking joke.

Murf76 on October 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Is this the guy that CNN hired to rehab their image and get the ratings up? Looks and sounds just like the old image.

Kissmygrits on October 5, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I watched the whole thing on Cspan and Ustream to see just what they were saying and what the crowd reactions were like as opposition research.

From what I saw it seemed to indicate that the crowd was just as far left as the speakers for the most part and there seemed to be very few independent moderates at the gathering.

Sort of confirmation of what all the polls are saying loud and clear.

CommentGuy on October 5, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Ed who now? Still not ringing any bells.

Dark Eden on October 5, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Trying to save face, lying to himself, or delusions of grandure…or…all of the above.

CynicalOptimist on October 5, 2010 at 9:08 AM

“You can’t handle the truth!”

He was probably curled up in the fetal psition with his blanky and binky whern he got home…..

CynicalOptimist on October 5, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I wonder if Ed is seeing the same shrink as Charlie Crist.

pain train on October 5, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Baghdad Ed………..

ultracon on October 5, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I think Ed Schultz is counting the dead Chicago voters at the Commie-con rally in DC.

dthorny on October 5, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Baghdad Ed………..

ultracon on October 5, 2010 at 10:18 AM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2010 at 11:02 AM

MSNBC simply loses more credibility when it persists in keeping such as Schultz on the payroll.

jeanie on October 5, 2010 at 12:02 PM