Rahm to Obama: You’ve faced the toughest times of any president, like, ever

posted at 4:12 pm on October 1, 2010 by Allahpundit

Not only that, we’re told, but The One has been “the toughest leader any country could ask for” in such a challenging age. I won’t bother running through the conservative answer to that, which you’re all equally capable of; just imagine how liberals, who’ve been squealing for months about Obama’s refusal to fight for a public option during the ObamaCare battle, must have received that line.

The Daily Caller notes that even Rahm-hating lefties are wondering why the chief of staff’s departure would warrant a full bells-and-whistles press conference. Two reasons, I assume: (1) It’s free TV time ahead of the midterms for Democrats to remind voters that they should be graded on a curve because, after all, these are the toughest times evah; and (2) it’s a mayoral campaign commercial for Rahm. The staff might have given him a dead fish as a farewell gift but Obama gave him a de facto endorsement carried live on national cable news networks. Better than a gold watch, no?

His replacement, Pete Rouse, is also introduced here. Politics Daily describes him as an “unmarried cat lover”; as an unmarried cat lover myself, I hereby proclaim Pete Rouse presumptively awesome. Exit question: Scale of one to 10, how funny will it be if Rahm loses the mayoral primary? Exit answer: Fifteen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Politics Daily describes him as an “unmarried cat lover”

Translation: He’s gay. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Jarhead68 on October 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM

And one more thing.

This presser shows how callous Barry is. He hates short people obviously. Any sensitive person (we all know how Dems like to put people into special categories) would have made certain that the podium was short. It made Rahm look small and insignificant. A short podium would have made Barry look bigger and made Rahm look better.

What’s wrong with these people? Everything they do is so unbelievably clumsy. Seriously, for people who are enamoured with themselves one would think they would work harder to look better.

Cody1991 on October 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I’m on team Issa! The subject of criminal behavior was debated recently by the Chicago Machine. It’s an appropriate place for this kind of discussion because the city has always elected/employed so many ex-cons and future cons, The Dwarf being a perfect example of the Chicago “Way.” Teeny Tiny “man” has way big problems. Watch for the over/under on Hot Rod Blago eventually becoming his “celly.” Next major stop for the tiny dancer – Marion Penitentiary.

MayorDaley on October 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Raum is simply saying what everyone says who is in over their head.

Lonetown on October 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM

The Chicago Bears are three and zero…

Real men say “three and oh”.

Progressives are so full of crap. Reagan had bigger challenges than this mope.

Jarhead68 on October 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM

President Obama’s latest interview with Rolling Stone magazine is revealing precisely because it is so typical. Everyone — really just about everyone in American politics — is chided, challenged, instructed, judged or admonished in one way or another. The president’s condescension is universal.

……………..

Political inspiration does not work this way. It comes from a shared, compelling cause. It is not achieved by browbeating the lazy. Great inspirational Democrats asked what Americans could do for their country. Obama asks: Why can’t you be more worthy of my example?

This represents a serious political problem for the president. As a rule, people would rather humble than follow this kind of leader.

Schadenfreude on October 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM

“..toughest time ever” Have any of these people ever read a history book? If this isn’t a prime example of what’s made them such failures, I’d like to know what is!!

jeanie on October 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM

And they created those hard times, like, really,

Hening on October 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Word came out the other day that the machine will sabotage Obama’s campaign in 2012 if he endorses Rahm or one other particular candidate in the mayoral election. Granted, at this rate, he was unlikely to get re-elected anway.

teke184 on October 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM

What fun!Any links?

katy the mean old lady on October 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Speaking of the greatest president evah!, what’s with the gold brocade drape? There used to be a presidential seal, or a white house logo in the background, wasn’t there?

It looks so regal, so… Saudi.

flicker on October 1, 2010 at 5:37 PM

That caption just decided me. It’s lemon drop martini time.

Infidoll on October 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM

flicker on October 1, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Reminds me of a 1980s Holiday Inn.

kingsjester on October 1, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Hold me closer, tiny dancer..Great line Allahpundit..:)

Dire Straits on October 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Best. Caption. Evah.

Coming soon to a Red Eye show, I’m sure.

Terrie on October 1, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Dire Straits on October 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Yeah, to me it screams of surreal adolescent narcissistic fantasizing — narcissism now being the word of the month. And Obama was still in college then, no?

flicker on October 1, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Only the WH would think that a dead fish, a symbol of Rahm’s bad temper and heavy-handed thuggery, is a funny farewell gift.

obladioblada on October 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Hold me closer, tiny dancer.

lol!

visions on October 1, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I’m an unmarried cat lover and not gay. I’m actually more of a critter lover, ala Ellie Mae Clampitt.

Exit question: If Rahm is a tiny dancer, does that make Obama a Madman Across the Water?

TxAnn56 on October 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Photo caption is priceless!

scalleywag on October 1, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I don’t know that Chicago is willing to elect a tiny dancer to run the metropolis.

scalleywag on October 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Why is Tiny Dancer all choked up and weepy in this farewell address that he has to read practically verbatim yet still stumble over?

Did Andy Stern give ObaMao that purple necktie that he cannot seem to part with?

Emanuel and ObaMao will keep in close communication via their Blackberries, not to worry.

If I had known that I would have had to listen to the crock of sh*t that Champ offered from his greatest hits boilerplate, I would have skipped the whole video. What a mutual admiration society of la-la land mopes!

onlineanalyst on October 1, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I have to tell you, Cody1991, that I love every post that you make at HotAir.

onlineanalyst on October 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Emanuel is said to have sent a dead fish in a box to a pollster who was late delivering polling results.

rukiddingme on October 1, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Oh, brother. Thanks for the answer. Oh, brother.

DrMagnolias on October 1, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I have to tell you, Cody1991, that I love every post that you make at HotAir.

onlineanalyst on October 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Seriously? I just came in from the back yard… dealing with the autumn pruning challenge… feeling terribly annoyed because I really need a break from the drudgery, a vacation in a nice Tuscan villa with servants, some fine Italian (real Italian) pasta, a fine steak, a great red wine and a job. Some good news would help, too.

I left the computer on and started to clear off the pages when I saw your note. So, thanks! That made my day. Of course, you realize that I’m simply a mean woman who refuses to shut up. :) Prolly not best to pay any attention.

There are more than a few posters whose comments I simply skip over (why can’t we have an “ignore” feature?), but I’m always pleased to see your posts and thoughtful contributions.

Cheers, onlineanalyst!

Cody1991 on October 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Best. Caption. Evah.

Terrie on October 1, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Almost posted the same thing. Priceless!

wi farmgirl on October 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM

A short podium would have made Barry look bigger and made Rahm look better.
Cody1991 on October 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM

So is there podium envy in the WH?

wi farmgirl on October 1, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Rush used to be an unmarried cat lover, too. Don’t think they really have that much in common except for the cat thing. Why was that even brought up? Trying to find empathy or common ground with all the rest of us cat lovers? It won’t work, dude.

Kissmygrits on October 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM

translation -

Obama’s legacy: Worse than 9/11.

Buy Danish on October 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Best. Caption. Ever.

Mr. D on October 1, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Tiny Dancer.

Funniest thing Allah has EVER posted.

R
O
T
F
L
M
A
O

That was worth a raise, in spite of all the RINO concern trolling.

rightwingyahooo on October 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Tiny Dancer Tiny Dancer this is Mom Jeans. Over.

Mom Jeans Mom Jeans, don’t call no more, I’m out. Out.

Dhuka on October 1, 2010 at 9:06 PM

About a hundred comments ago, I commented about AP loving cats that weren’t married and that he should glom onto an unmarried woman with an unmarried cat and maybe proceed from there. Somehow, that comment didn’t make the posting (probably my fault). However, I think that HA needs an editor that can recognize a misplaced modifier. The point is now passe’.

Old Country Boy on October 1, 2010 at 9:23 PM

unmarried cat lover

From the Department of Redundancy Department?

Goldenavatar on October 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Hold me closer, tiny dancer.

Pfffft, leaving, on a jet plane, have tutu, will graft.

Speakup on October 1, 2010 at 11:26 PM

It looks so regal, so… Saudi.

flicker on October 1, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Looks like a shower curtain to me.

Dasher on October 2, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Running for office, even in Illinois, with the stench of the record of Obama all over him!? On the other hand, maybe the biggest rat in the bilge knows something about the reefs, the weather, and the ship’s course and speed that we don’t?

drunyan8315 on October 2, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Thanks for encouraging Obama to help crash the market with anti business statements while he was President-elect so he could make it go up as President. “Never let a crisis go to waste”

We all owe you one.