Breaking: Rick Sanchez fired from CNN

posted at 6:44 pm on October 1, 2010 by Allahpundit

The formal announcement is shockingly brief — which, actually, speaks volumes.

Monday’s “Daily Show” should be a very special episode indeed, my friends.

CNN released this statement today:

“Rick Sanchez is no longer with the company. We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well.”

I assume everyone already knows why, but if you missed Ed’s post this morning, read it now. I figured they’d keep Sanchez off the air today and then roll him back out on Monday, formal apology in hand. Instead, nothing but a “kthxbai” press release and a pink slip. Wowza. He’ll be remembered as a uniter, bringing left and right together in shared amazement at his lunkheadedness. At least, though, we finally have an answer to the question of what it takes to disqualify you from working at CNN. It’s an awfully high bar, but darned if he didn’t clear it.

As for his next career move, his new book — entitled, believe it or not, “Conventional Idiocy” — is currently ranked #39,028 in Amazon sales, so I’m guessing that a sequel isn’t in the works. Fox News is a bad fit for him for obvious reasons, and as for MSNBC — well, let’s just say that I doubt Olby will be willing to let the following clip slide. Maybe he could catch on at … “The Daily Show”?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I love what Mark Levin says Mark Levin – I’m Laughing Because Rick Sanchez Is Such An Jackass

Nearly Nobody on October 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM

And while Sanchez is probably way off base calling Jon Stewart bigoted, I heard nothing wrong in the give-and-take about perceptions about the thinking of people in different ethnic groups. I’m a Jew, and I would love to take Sanchez on in a conversation about ethnicity at ease at any coffee shop. However,even though I disagreed with much of what Sanchez said, I Iwas not insulted by what Sanchez said,

Ira on October 2, 2010 at 6:24 AM

I actually agree with Sanchez that Jon Stewart is a bigot. So is Sanchez. But Jon Stewart being a bigot has nothing to do with him (also) having Jewish ethnicity — he’s just a bigot, both of them are. Also mamby-pamby silly little boys. The only difference I see between the two is Stewart wasn’t fired.

Lourdes on October 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM

It’s like a war of the Communists. Sanchez and Stewart, a revolution between the revolutionaries.

Lourdes on October 2, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Dumb on Dumb violence?

Or a sign that the ZOG is alive and well.

L’chaim~!

profitsbeard on October 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Sancheez is an arrogant a-hole. The way he kept telling the crew to bring up this visual or that visual during his CNN broadcasts just really made him look like a Class-A tool. Good riddance.

As for Jon Stewart, he at least deserves some credit for having gone after Sancheez and for having separately blasted Obozo and his cronies in this recent video clip.

OneVision on October 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM

kthxbai” press release and a pink slip. Wowza.

Speak English!

I’m still out of steak sauce.

madmonkphotog on October 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Kthxbai.

Sancez probably thinks its a Yiddish curse.

I thought KTHXBAI originally meant “Kith [kiss] x [and] Bye”. A Kiss off.

Makes as much sense as [O]kay, thanks, bye.

IMHO

*~@):~{>

profitsbeard on October 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Firing Rick,

Common Sense Restoration of America,
is finally,Green Lit,and Operational!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 3, 2010 at 1:43 AM

AMF !!

tbear44 on October 3, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Sry guys. Most of you thought my comments:”This article is racist and it’s all George Bush’s fault” were kind of stupid,But CNN just hired me to replace Sanchez.
They said I can’t come on to this site anymore, must use DKOS and blogs such as that.
It’s been fun, later.

BruceB on October 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM

So Rick Sanchez has to find a news outlet that doesn’t have any of his JOOOOOOOO’s working in management…good luck.

right2bright on October 3, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Will the firing give Rick more time to work on his safe driving skills?

Khun Joe on October 4, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer person.

Sultry Beauty on October 5, 2010 at 4:15 AM