New Murkowski ad: These tea-party carpetbaggers are trying to steal our Senate seat

posted at 6:52 pm on September 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

Two new spots here. The second is a remake of — and vast improvement upon — this trainwreck, cutting the running time by two thirds and employing a lighter touch to make the write-in lesson seem less pedantic. The first is the buzzworthy one, though, basically accusing Joe Miller of being a prop of those highfalutin California city slickers in the tea party. Quickie fact check: Miller was born in Kansas and moved to Alaska 16 years ago because the thought of working in a big east coast law firm wasn’t as enticing as living in the great outdoors. For fun, he hunts elk with his eight kids. And he is, of course, famously more conservative than she is, a trait not often associated with California. This is the guy whom Murky would have you believe is set to deliver Alaska’s precious Senate seat into the hands of Beverly Hills or whatever. Unbelievable.

There’s a common thread in these ads, actually, but if you blink while watching the second one, you’ll miss it. Note the teacher’s reference to how “outsiders” don’t think Alaskans are smart enough to spell Murkowski’s name. “Outside,” as I understand it, is a term commonly used in Alaska to refer to the lower 48, so the second ad’s actually affirming the insinuation of the first one — that Miller’s some sort of egghead carpetbagger who’s not as fond of the state as she is. Good work, Murky. At this rate, in another week or two, you’ll be giving Grayson’s ads a run for their money.

Latest numbers, by the way: Miller 43, McAdams 28, Murkowski 18, although I’m unfamiliar with the pollster and thus don’t know how credible they are. An important detail, though:

An additional 18 percent volunteered that they would vote for Murkowski, since they knew she was running a write-in candidacy to keep her seat,

Moore then asked a follow-up question to the 82 percent of the people who didn’t volunteer Murkowski, “as you may know, Lisa Murkowski is running a write-in campaign for U.S. Senate. Knowing this, would your vote for U.S. Senate stay the same or would you write-in Lisa Murkowski?”

Just over 30 percent of those said they would write in Murkowski. That — combined with the people who volunteered her name — would put Murkowski in the lead with 43.5 percent, followed by Miller with 35.8 percent and McAdams with 13.7 percent, according to Moore.

Exit question: Is Miller maybe feeling a little too confident right now? Easy there, big guy.

Comments

Well she got that part right, it’s Alaska’s seat not Murkowski’s seat.

Repeal the 17th Amendment and make that permanent. It’s part of what the progressives did in the 20s which made the endless unfunded mandates possible,

tarpon on September 30, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Well she got that part right, it’s Alaska’s seat not Murkowski’s seat.

tarpon on September 30, 2010 at 6:55 PM

But, it IS my seat! Daddy gave it to me and I won’t give it back! /Muarkowsky

Norwegian on September 30, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Enjoy retirement, Lisa. With crappy ads like these, it’s guaranteed.

Personally, I think this suicide mission is really an attempt to get back at Sarah Palin.

nkviking75 on September 30, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Moore, I.E. Married to Shannon Moore.

upinak on September 30, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Unbelievable.

sums up that ad pretty well…

cmsinaz on September 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Two new spots here. The second is a remake of — and vast improvement upon — this trainwreck.

They still really suck. Whoever is doing Meercowski’s ads needs a new day job.

Norwegian on September 30, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Moore, I.E. Married to Shannon Moore.

upinak on September 30, 2010 at 6:58 PM

So what do the Moores get out of this if Murky wins?

darwin on September 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM

If I write in “Arctic Princess,” does it count?

RBMN on September 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I hope that dear lisa and dear nan get the boot come Nov.2! Those who will vote for lisa, the vote is Nov.3!
L

letget on September 30, 2010 at 7:03 PM

You know if it is close this election is going to be held up for weeks if not months.Their going to have to decide the intent of the voter. For example if someone writes in bitch…..

sandee on September 30, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Moore, I.E. Married to Shannon Moore.

upinak on September 30, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I do not know that. Makes a lot of sense

ConservativePartyNow on September 30, 2010 at 7:05 PM

For the girlz on the blog:

I was always the duckling; athletic but not pretty, middle class not rich, didn’t have the money to have the best hair.

Murkowski reminds me of one of the snobbie’s. With the penny loafers, rich parents, lovely home. She was born into it. I had to work. I wore hand me downs and bo-bo shoes from K-mart. I still made a life, but worked for what I have earned.

If I were Joe Miller, I’d challenge her to a debate and ask her what her first job was, what it paid and how she made it to the top. By what mandate does she portend to “rule?.

Key West Reader on September 30, 2010 at 7:06 PM

So what do the Moores get out of this if Murky wins?

darwin on September 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I don’t know… but Moore usually does democratic polls. So it is weird that he did this. I am guessing they are hurting for cash.. I looked at the PFD and it doesn’t give any demographics really on who they polled and what party they belonged too other then you assume they are Republican.

FYI, there is no elk in or around Fairbanks unless they go to the Delta Elk and Bison farm or go to South Central OR go out of state. blah.

ConservativePartyNow on September 30, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Really? I have know that for years. Shannon (how ever you spell her name) use to brag about it on her radio show.

upinak on September 30, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Lorna Mandrosky’s face will be sweet to see late, late Nov 2/early Nov 3

SouthernGent on September 30, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I think it is going to take weeks to settle this election if it is close. They will have to decide the “intent” of the voter. If they misspell or use, shall we say. insulting write ins they are gonna have a heck of a mess on their hands.

sandee on September 30, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Lorna Mandrosky’s face will be sweet to see late, late Nov 2/early Nov 3

SouthernGent on September 30, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Yep … just as sweet as Elisa Myrcowskee’s

darwin on September 30, 2010 at 7:10 PM

That Weiner hack is still pushing the meme that Miller was referring to Murkowski when he tweeted about prostitution. Any honest person knows he was referring to the Libertarian Party. I wonder if this Weiner is related to the biggest weiner of them all, Anthony Weiner.

NoNails on September 30, 2010 at 7:11 PM

And my snarky side says this:

If you age (backwards) the photos of Lisa Murkowski you will find a child that most likely looked like this, was treated like this Lisa Murkowski

Key West Reader on September 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM

When was the last time a write in candidate won an election?

Why are the Senate Republicans allowing Murkowski to hold any committee positions while she breaks party rules and rruns against the endorsed Republican?

jpmn on September 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM

MandroskyMyrcowskee … Murwhoski has sure given us plenty reasons to wish her a stunning defeat.

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I think both Joe Miller and Liza “Gator” Murcluscki are both a little too confident.

I do feel that Murculski’s true colors have been bleeding through and her time might be up.

portlandon on September 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM

If you get all the letters in there, will the vote count?

Lisa Ann Murkowski rescrambled for truth is:

I’M A LIARS SKUNK NOW

Paging Joe Miller! Your new ad spot is ready.

Western_Civ on September 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM

That video shows the Tea Partiers flying in by plane, but Upinak said they arrived by Cruise Ship.

Is this a misleading ad?

portlandon on September 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Nice try Linda Murkeski

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I’M A LIARS SKUNK NOW

Western_Civ on September 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM

LOL!

sandee on September 30, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Sandra Bernhart is a Senator from Alaska???

Who knew??

BigWyo on September 30, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Hey, if Alaskans want to write-in Barbara Mikulski, that’s their business. More power to ‘em!

Christien on September 30, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Lisa Murkowski

A Miracle! A Giant!

Key West Reader on September 30, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Lisa, your entitlement attitude will deliver you to long term unemployment, it is my utmost hope for the people of AK anyway and the rest of us!

bluemarlin on September 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM

The straight Republican ticket voters will carry Joe to victory. I am sure of it.

I say it is 40/32/28 (Miller/Murk/Dem) assuming no bombshell between now and then.

clement on September 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Princess Lisa is a truly repulsive woman, in every sense of the word.

She has company like Grayson, Dede Scozzafava, and Crist. Looks like the past few election cycles have kicked over a rock and its not pretty what has come crawling out.

sharrukin on September 30, 2010 at 7:25 PM

This ad is so much better.

commodore on September 30, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Is Miller up with ads? How aggressive has he been in knocking this sore loser cretin out (figuratively speaking)?

changer1701 on September 30, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Ivan Moore is the pollster that said back in July (paraphrased) that the Tea Party has absolutely no chance in Alaska.

His poll in July showed Miller down by 32 points.

Webler on September 30, 2010 at 7:26 PM

OT: Might actually watch this episode of Family Guy.
Check it out. Rush Limbaugh interview about his appearance on the show.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2010 at 7:27 PM

It is amazing how mentally challenged these RINOs are proving to be. They just reinforce that the voters made the right decision in trying to flush them down the tubes.Murkowski is not part of the problem, she IS the problem. She and Grayson have to be the most disturbed individuals vying to return to the scene of the crime.

volsense on September 30, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Is this a misleading ad?

portlandon on September 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM

The return port, not the first time they came up.

upinak on September 30, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Two actors say, “I’m writing in Lisa.”

Hey good luck with that when Murkowski is required by law. (Or is it Moocowski?)

debg on September 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM

The creation of the ObamaCare bill.

Key West Reader on September 30, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I can’t stand this person! I hope no one votes for her.

tinkerthinker on September 30, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I’ll tell ya, if Alaskans do give it to Murky, they deserve the government they get.

catmman on September 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM

If I was up in Alaska, I’d post up plenty of Lizelle Mercowskey posters.

El_Terrible on September 30, 2010 at 7:46 PM

She’s pandering to the native Alaskans not necessarily of the Native American kind, but those that were born in the state and no matter how long you have lived there will never be considered a true Alaskan. We have the same kind of attitude from some here in Montana.

Kissmygrits on September 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Eat it, Lisa

Key West Reader on September 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Murkowski says don’t cut ObamaCare.

Key West Reader on September 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Don’t care what any of you HA wing nuts say, I’m writing in “Linda Murcowsky”. So there.

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Me, too. Linda Mucowsky. Got it!

Key West Reader on September 30, 2010 at 7:51 PM

volsense on September 30, 2010 at 7:27 PM

That thought has been looming large in the back of my pea brain lately too. Thank you for bringing it forward.

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 7:55 PM

tarpon on September 30, 2010 at 6:55 PM

If your observation is recent or something you’ve known for some time…
thank you for the reiteration….
I believe it is one of the core issues of our time…

jerrytbg on September 30, 2010 at 7:58 PM

The return port, not the first time they came up.

upinak on September 30, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Gotcha. They have returned to steal the election away.

But since only Alaskans can vote, how is that possible?

portlandon on September 30, 2010 at 7:58 PM

How do we know Miller can even win? I think it’s important that we get behind someone who has actually won an election regardless of their RINO’ish status. Remember, this is about making sure that the GOP gets the seat.

Bishop on September 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Gotcha. They have returned to steal the election away.

But since only Alaskans can vote, how is that possible?

portlandon on September 30, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Bags of money perhaps? Even though Moocowski has more cash than Miller.

sharrukin on September 30, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Here I am in New York State commenting on something that is across the nation that smells. We have the same thing here that stinks. Politicians that are drunk with power and telling us how to think, act, and do as they are told. At times I wish I could live in the great state of Alaska to vote on these issues but it’s not in the cards, however, you do have my support if only in words which at times are more powerful than the gun. Vote your conscience and you’ll at least be free of the guilt.

mixplix on September 30, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Well, she has me convinced that voting for her would keep it out of Beverly Hills territory. After all, if she had any association with Southern California, she’d be able to find some believable actors and directors for her little skits.

calbear on September 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Moocowski has more cash than Miller.

sharrukin on September 30, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Thread spelling bee winnah (so far): Moocowski !

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Gotcha. They have returned to steal the election away.

But since only Alaskans can vote, how is that possible?

portlandon on September 30, 2010 at 7:58 PM

They came to talk about how to get Miller money.

upinak on September 30, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Thread spelling bee winnah (so far): Moocowski !

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Do I get a prize or somethin?

sharrukin on September 30, 2010 at 8:13 PM

the “pollster” is a Progressive Liberal Socialist Democrat poller. so it’s obvious when the polling data was not favorable push questions were asked to skew them the PLSD way.

check out this fun raising request by Ivan Moore:

mathewsjw on September 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Do I get a prize or somethin?

sharrukin on September 30, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Of course you do! Your prize: All the free beer you can drink between now and midnight. Allahpundit is buyin’!

Bottoms up.

Cheers!

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I’d suggest that whenever her name appears here in a HA comment, that the writer take poetic license with that last name. There’s a hundred ways to spell that God-forsaken last name…

Mercoski, Muercowski, Murkosaki, Murkowlski – have at it!

NumberTwo on September 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM

What’s Lisa Madcowski up to know?

Trying to scam more of that ‘Outsider’ money again?

Ogabe on September 30, 2010 at 9:04 PM

NumberTwo on September 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Ah, the possibility’s….;)

jerrytbg on September 30, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Lisa Madcowski …?

Ogabe on September 30, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Ruh roh, another thread winner (IMHO).

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Those video links are not working for me.

It is hard to make sense of their math. There are two distinct polls, one where they volunteer an answer, similar perhaps to the principle that the Mucky voters would have to volunteer to write her name and note simply pick from a pre-formatted list. The latter poll is asking that, given you were not sharp enough to volunteer (write in?) her name, would you change it if it was listed (which it will not be).

It is not valid to combine those totals given that alone: they are two distinct polls.

And now the math: 30% of already leaning Miller voters may bother to write in Mucky. That is .3 x .43 which yields about 12.9%. Again, .3 of McAdams .28 is about 8.3%. That is only about 21%, not 43%.

Even if you allow that it is valid to add apples and oranges, then you add that 21% to the 18% who volunteered. That yields 39%, close but short of Miller’s 43%.

So best case she is maybe within 4 points.

Worst case she is behind 25 points.

Most likely she is somewhere in between, which is what a good poll will find out. Split the difference (39-18) and she has 21%, probably more realistic given that the Muckies will have to be bothered write her name.

AshleyTKing on September 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Poll Date Miller(R)Murkowski McAdams(D) Spread
CNN/Time(9/28) 38 36 22 Miller +2
Rasmus (9/19) 42 27 25 Miller +15

Neither of these tried to replicate the write in contingency. Maybe the Moore poll gets closer to that, but their math is wrong to simply add. Using my math, and adding in about half of the non-volunteerers then Miller is +22.

AshleyTKing on September 30, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Sorry, half of the non-volunteerers is Miller + 15. (18 hardcore Muckies, plus half of 21%, the non-volunteerers).

AshleyTKing on September 30, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Mercoski, Muercowski, Murkosaki, Murkowlski – have at it!

NumberTwo on September 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I do the same thing with the runt Moutsakokolis. I must admit, part of it is lack of respect.

slickwillie2001 on September 30, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Ruh roh, another thread winner (IMHO).

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Wait for it…..

Loser MEcowski

Guardian on September 30, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Ah, the possibility’s….;)

jerrytbg on September 30, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Lisa Madcowski …?

Ogabe on September 30, 2010 at 9:04 PM
Ruh roh, another thread winner (IMHO).

petefrt on September 30, 2010 at 9:18 PM

NumberTwo on September 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Our job is done here…next…;)

jerrytbg on September 30, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I would blacken the oval and write in Joe Miller, just to drive the point home.

Greek Fire on October 1, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Murkowski is the epitome of a spoiled brat, self serving dirtbag.

rplat on October 1, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Why doesn’t the NRCC or the RNC send Scott Brown to AK to explain to Lisa Murblahblahblah that it’s “the people’s seat”?

Fallon on October 1, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Has anyone seen allan combes and lisa murkowski in the same room?

peacenprosperity on October 1, 2010 at 9:52 AM

tarpon on September 30, 2010 at 6:55 PM

And after we cut the Federal Government back down to size, we need to repeal the 16th Amendment to institutionalize it. Note, that doesn’t just get rid of the income tax, it also reinstates the part of Article one, section 9 that says “No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.”

LarryD on October 1, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Write in ad: OK, kiddies, here we go, how to spell NERDKOWSKI. N-E-R…

Steve Z on October 1, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Rottenest Egg Ever.

Man, she must read her copy of “how to make friends and influence poeple” in a mirror.

Merovign on October 1, 2010 at 12:53 PM