Too bad to check: Miller 38, Murkowski 36, McAdams 22

posted at 5:33 pm on September 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

I hope Dick Morris and Sean Trende are right about the GOP winning 100 seats in November. Because if Murky pulls this one out, that’s how big the wave will have to be to ease the pain.

A CNN/Time/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Wednesday indicates that 38 percent of likely voters in the state support GOP nominee Joe Miller, with 36 percent saying they back Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who was narrowly defeated by Miller in last month’s GOP primary…

“It looks like Alaska Democrats may be planning to do some strategic voting,” CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said.

Nearly four in ten Democratic likely voters say they plan to write in Murkowski’s name. That’s an indication that a lot of Democrats are more interested in defeating Miller than they are in electing a member of their own party.”

Murkowski’s support is high among women, lower-income voters, and senior citizens – all groups that give her 43 percent of their vote.

Polls of this race are tricky twice over, once because Alaska is notoriously difficult to gauge and twice because the nature of Murkowski’s candidacy poses a dilemma for the pollster. Do you do it the way Scott Rasmussen does it, offering respondents a choice between Miller and McAdams to reflect the choices on the ballot and letting them volunteer Murkowski’s name instead? Or do you name all three candidates and ask if respondents will be “writing in” Murkowski? Rasmussen’s way is more accurate, I think; CNN, however, chose the second way, which might explain why they have Murkowski polling nine points better than Rasmussen does. Then again, Murky’s been doing a lot of national media lately, and her write-in ads have ramped up since Rasmussen did his survey eight days ago. Could simply be that she’s gaining. And that Miller’s now in a dogfight.

If these numbers are right then Democrats will soon face the same dilemma in Alaska that they face in Florida with Meek and Crist. Not only is the independent candidate in the race an incumbent with high name recognition, but she’s simply killing their nominee among the Democratic base, where they need every vote. At what point will prominent Alaska Dems decide McAdams is a lost cause and start peeling off towards Murkowski in the name of defeating Miller? Gulp.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I do not support Miller.. never have. I don’t like Murkowski.

It doesn’t matter who I like, I am voting republican.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:14 PM

And is Murkowski a Republican in your opinion?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM

TeleL on September 29, 2010 at 6:14 PM

LMFAO E. Erikson.. who sold his soul to the devil and has more LIBERALS on his blog then conservatives blogging? Please stop. You make me giggle!

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM

DARN those LIBERAL strategist are so smart………

ELMO Q on September 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:10 PM

You support Murky, I take it? You can quote whomever you like, it makes zero sense to tell people not to support him based on the idea Alaskans don’t like outsiders or others telling them what to do. Why, then, did he win the primary?

changer1701 on September 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I do not support Miller.. never have. I don’t like Murkowski.

It doesn’t matter who I like, I am voting republican.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Good grief. What a cop-out.

Just say it, you’re voting Murkowski.

Norwegian on September 29, 2010 at 6:18 PM

And is Murkowski a Republican in your opinion?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Compared too who? Mr. Ryan who voted for Tarp? Supposedly he is a a dark horse.. until you all are fondly reminded of a few things he voted for.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:18 PM

port. Hey now, I warned everyone! Let them figure it out.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:01 PM

You sure did. I hope I’m wrong. Murkowski has shown some real poor judgment over this. My wife has real close friends in Palmer, Alaska and the Husband is voting for Murkowski,and the wife for Miller.

Civil War!!!!

portlandon on September 29, 2010 at 6:18 PM

port. Hey now, I warned everyone! Let them figure it out.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:01 PM

C!vil War!!!!

portlandon on September 29, 2010 at 6:18 PM

changer1701 on September 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM

He won the primary because the Indies came out, via a Ron Paul email asking them to vote for him. It wasn’t a total Republican voting primary. But thanks for asking. :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:19 PM

And is Murkowski a Republican in your opinion?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Ha. not anymore, and that isn’t opinion, it is a fact.

Brian1972 on September 29, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Great radio spot. Go Joe!

Western_Civ on September 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:18 PM

You support Princess Lisa then.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM

C!vil War!!!!

portlandon on September 29, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Port. Hubby AND Mom are voting Murkowski. Mom is a liberal Dem. I am voting for freaking Miller.. as I don’t want McAdams.

It isn’t war.. people are P.O. up here.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Oops! This server is experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.

I love when the HotAir server kicks me off. :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM

wren on September 29, 2010 at 5:59 PM

CHOUEST, CAROL A N/A/HOMEMAKER GALLIANO LA 70354 09/22/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, CAROL A N/A/HOMEMAKER GALLIANO LA 70354 09/22/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, CASEY EDISON CHOUEST OFFSHORE/PRINCIPAL GALLIANO LA 70354 09/23/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT

CHOUEST, DAMON EDISON CHOUEST OFFSHORE/EXECUTIVE GALLIANO LA 70354 07/01/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, DAMON EDISON CHOUEST OFFSHORE/EXECUTIVE GALLIANO LA 70354 09/22/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, DINO EDISON CHOUEST OFFSHORE/EXECUTIVE GALLIANO LA 70354 07/01/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, DINO EDISON CHOUEST OFFSHORE/EXECUTIVE GALLIANO LA 70354 09/23/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, DIONNE EDISON CHOUEST OFFSHORE/GENERAL COUNSEL GALLIANO LA 70354 09/23/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, GARY EDISON CHOUEST OFFSHORE/PRESIDENT GALLIANO LA 70354 09/23/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, JOAN L N/A/HOMEMAKER CUT OFF LA 70345 09/23/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, JOAN L N/A/HOMEMAKER CUT OFF LA 70345 09/23/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, LANEY EDISON CHOUEST OFFSHORE/EXECUTIVE NEW ORLEANS LA 70130 09/25/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT
CHOUEST, ROSS EDISON CHOUEST OFFSHORE/PRINCIPAL GALLIANO LA 70354 09/24/2009 $2,400 RECEIPT

Most of those are within 3 days of each other. They go past the $2400 maximum donation.

WoosterOh on September 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM

You support Princess Lisa then.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM

LOL Hi Joe, how are you. How are those Farms in Delta doing?

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Oops! This server is experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.
I love when the HotAir server kicks me off. :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I thought I was the only one having a problem….

cmsinaz on September 29, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I thought I was the only one having a problem….

cmsinaz on September 29, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I think HotAir farted.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Joe Miller just needs to make the issue real to people there. He needs to explain why this will eventually benefit them.

He’s a bit airy.

AnninCA on September 29, 2010 at 6:36 PM

I think HotAir farted.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:35 PM

lol

cmsinaz on September 29, 2010 at 6:36 PM

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:19 PM

So Ron Paul independents secured the nomination for Miller?

Sorry upinak, but unless Murkowski actually ends up winning this race or getting close to winning, your take on AK politics has suffered some credibility. Just imho.

I’ll just take my chances and donate another $100 to Miller.

Norwegian on September 29, 2010 at 6:37 PM

So upinak is alaskan, eh?

Now I get the handle.

AnninCA on September 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Stop the panic Miller will win. Sheessshhhhh just take a deep breath.

Jdripper on September 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I’ll just take my chances and donate another $100 to Miller.

Norwegian on September 29, 2010 at 6:37 PM

*shrug* do what you want.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:40 PM

AK is a small state. It’s personal, by definition. He needs to explain how his position will benefit Alaskans.

This is when politics gets very, very personal.

Let’s hope he figures this out.

AnninCA on September 29, 2010 at 6:40 PM

This tells you how much better positioned Republicans are in 2010

2007-2008

House Receipts Disbursements

Democrat $542,161,508 $500,444,188 2007-2008
Republican $442,185,872 $443,413,875 2007-2008
Democrat $353,523,727 $222,462,689 2009-2010
Republican $376,368,222 $268,395,771 2009-2010

Senate

Democrat $237,299,275 $229,877,137 2007-2008
Republican $195,979,809 $211,854,835 2007-2008
Democrat $233,251,217 $171,870,563 2009-2010
Republican $266,406,581 $177,671,932 2009-2010

Republicans were $100m behind Dems in the House, now they are +$23m, a $123m swing.

Republicans were $42m down in the Senate, now they are +$33m, a $75m swing.

Democrats got more money on hand in the committees, which the news loves to point out, but the Republicans are blowing them away sending their money to the politicians, not the establishment.

WoosterOh on September 29, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I don’t get why the Republicans are still supporting Murky in the Senate, when 3/4 of republicans support tea partiers (eg., Miller).

ornery_independent on September 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:19 PM

You don’t support Miller and you don’t like him. You think he’s… what. Shady? Your family backs Murky. You don’t want anyone to send money to Miller, and you think Princess Murky is fine, but you are going to vote for Miller?

Do I have that right?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM

why do you care? What state do you live in again? :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM

As an Alaskan myself, upinak is off on this issue. I stillsay Joe wins with at least 40% of the vote. Murky has really teed off alot of people up here in AK by not waiting until 2012 to challenge Begich. She has really hurt her credibility

ConservativePartyNow on September 29, 2010 at 6:46 PM

why do you care? What state do you live in again? :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Just wondering where concern trolls come from and it almost looks like we are seeing a transformation in front of us.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:46 PM

ConservativePartyNow on September 29, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Thank you. Appreaciate the more sensible Alaskan take on things.

Norwegian on September 29, 2010 at 6:47 PM

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Yet this “concerned toll” brought up Palin before you even ever thought of her as a viable candidate.

So.. if you want to ride my @ss…at least pull my hair. :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM

why do you care? What state do you live in again? :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Do you comment on other state races?

Your reason for telling people not to donate to Miller makes no sense, especially when you contradict it by explaining it was indies responding to a Ron Paul email that put Miller over the top in the primary. If they don’t like outsiders meddling, that would’ve held true then too.

changer1701 on September 29, 2010 at 6:49 PM

She has no chance. Miller is in.

echosyst on September 29, 2010 at 6:50 PM

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I thought you didn’t like Palin?

You are voting for Murkowski IMO and are pretending not to. What is that, if not concern trolling?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I don’t know, I’m having a hard time squaring this with the results of the DE poll showing Castle’s write in a nonstarter. Both establishment politicians are similarly positioned and well known, yet one gets mid thirties and the other five measly points? Are we to believe the right is more united in DE behind a somewhat controversial candidate than in AK behind a candidate who makes ace’s “creep on” list? I may be wrong here, but it looks to me like either this poll, or the DE one is not entirely accurate.

ReformedAndDangerous on September 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM

To bad to not double check.
Tomorrow’s poll will be different.

esblowfeld on September 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM

esblowfeld on September 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Agreed. I would trust Rasmussen any day of the week before anything for CNN

ConservativePartyNow on September 29, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Write in “Levi Murkowski” and watch the heads explode.

portlandon on September 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I thought you didn’t like Palin?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM

LOL.. you really don’t know much. I am not going to bother to explain. Have a great day. :D

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

What’s this…

Alaskans don’t like outsiders donating to their politicians and yet they rarely say no to the Washington pork trucked in by the boatload by their greazzy Senators – wow!

I think maybe it’s time Alaska stood on its own two feet and booted the Pork Barrel Princess. Just say no to pork!

Sarah Palin has the answer to this if Alaskans would only get off the pork sam’ich. Let Alaska control and exploit more of her own resources (and say no to pork!).

Ogabe on September 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Write in “Levi Murkowski” and watch the heads explode.

portlandon on September 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

LOL… that was wrong!

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Well, that answers that.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Well, that answers that.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Answers what sweetheart? You haven’t been around much. You obviously don’t know the story… I . do. not. need. to. explain. Ignorance is bliss. :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM

What a bunch of bed-wetters. “Oh, dear.” “Oh, my.” “Gulp.”

Typical HA, just like typical MSM psy-ops “polling.”

rrpjr on September 29, 2010 at 7:04 PM

So.. if you want to ride my @ss…at least pull my hair. :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM

You know, for that line alone… you win teh interwebs!

/golfclap
//so using that

Irritable Pundit on September 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM

They oversample dems/liberals and old people. In fact they have no sample from 18-34 year olds.

Haunches on September 29, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Irritable Pundit on September 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM

back off grumpy. There can be only one!

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:09 PM

The same pollsters that could not predict Miller was going to beat Murkowski in the primaries? Since Allah is once again doing his chicken little dance; it falls on me, your humble “correspondent” to provide you guys & dolls with this; there is no chance on earth that Murkowski returns to the Senate and oh as for McAdams, no chance on Mars.

julian on September 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM

upinak, why don’t you like Palin, what has she ever done to you ?????

runner on September 29, 2010 at 7:17 PM

upinak, why don’t you like Palin, what has she ever done to you ?????

runner on September 29, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Endorsed Miller?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Let the record show that I, non-Christine-O’Donnell-fan, RINO candy-ass, hope that Murkowski gets thrown out on her ass.

Joe Miller FTW.

Vyce on September 29, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Straight Republican ballots go to Miller, and write-ins have to be legible and “Lesa Merkawsky” has to be spelled correctly, right?

I don’t think she has much of a chance, but it’s still annoying that she won’t respect the results of the primary she lost.

forest on September 29, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I don’t buy this. I don’t believe the Democrats are going to vote for Murky to keep Miller out for spite. As much as I despise Murky she’s not going to change her party to Democrat. She will just be another Republican vote for the most part.Besides, the loss in the primaries should put the fear of God in her if she is too “liberal.”

sandee on September 29, 2010 at 7:22 PM

upinak, why don’t you like Palin, what has she ever done to you ?????

runner on September 29, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Endorsed Miller?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM

runner actually it is a personal thing. The last time she was in Alaska. :) I don’t put Palin down… I just won’t be like the rest of those who like her.

Sharr.. are you my new stalker?

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Miller still should learn. He needs to get his head out of generalizations and start connecting with voters.

If he can’t, he’ll be a one-term senator.

AnninCA on September 29, 2010 at 7:27 PM

sandee on September 29, 2010 at 7:22 PM

the lady who started the “write lisa in” campaign, is a dem who worked on the begich campaign.

So.. who knows.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:28 PM

It’s complete bull shit. Ignore it. Miller is an awesome candidate and Merkybitch is just as toasted as whatever dumbass commy dem is running.

Haunches on September 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Sharr.. are you my new stalker?

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM

You want Miller to lose and that narcissistic Princess Murkowski to win. I will point out why that’s lunacy when I have the chance.

It’s not personal and I would say the same to anyone else.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Didn’t Crist jump to an early lead, then fade into near obscurity? I’m guessing a lot of Democrats will say Mirkocowkski to embarass the Republicans but return to the fold or not vote in November.

Just another reason we can’t slack off though.

DaMav on September 29, 2010 at 7:31 PM

It’s not personal and I would say the same to anyone else.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

LOL says you! It’s okay.. not everyone has to agree with you, my stalker. :)

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Deep down inside the Pork Princess is a Democrat. No doubt she’ll side more often with the Marxists than the Repubs. if she should fluke off a very unlikely win.

Lisa Moreckowsky for the win!

Ogabe on September 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Lisa Moreckowsky for the win!

Ogabe on September 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Thank Ron Paul for me. That Pork was excellent!

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:35 PM

LOL says you!

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Right. Why don’t you tell us some more about how shady Miller is and how we shouldn’t help him out, while Murkowski has a huge warchest of Republican money.

But you support Miller, right?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Keep Hope Alive! Keep Hope Alive! Keep Hope Alive!

The RINO Candy-Asses in Congress just can’t seem to let go of that that sweet sweet hog trough without being pried away.

thmsmgnm on September 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

upinak makes no damn sense on this, at all. Hey, don’t help out the guy I claim I’m voting for, because Alaskans don’t like outsiders meddling. Except when they do, which is why Miller won the primary in the first place. Or something.

changer1701 on September 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM

But you support Miller, right?

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

*shrug* You know, when another is telling you how Alaskans are and you want to keep pushing, be my guest. Give till your bank account is empty. I don’t care. But I warned people…. It isn’t about just supporting people. I am doing it so a certain pork loving democrat isn’t in the seat, not because I give a crap about Miller in general. But I am just one person…. and if other say something and they don’t live here and they know better.. don’t you think that it would be wise to stand by what the other person says?

Or you can do what you want. I am not stopping anyone.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM

changer1701 on September 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Well yeah. She doesn’t like Palin who endorsed Miller and she keeps going on about a farm somewhere that Miller did something with on gov money. She doesn’t like Miller and her dancing around Murkowski’s conduct tells the rest of the story.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:51 PM

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:51 PM

keep assuming sharr-ker. :) You realllllly don’t have a clue.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM

This “poll” also has Boxer ahead by 9. I’ve seen others that have it at 3. I would really like to see the breakdown of this poll.

sandee on September 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM

WoosterOh on September 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM

WoosterOh, you are doing good work on the FEC.gov website!

Following up on your research, I found this article which may explain why Edison Chouest Offshore is so interested in donating to “She who must not be named” and keeping her in the Senate.

Will BP Be Held Responsible?

What is notable is the extent to which Murkowski is sustained by the same industry she’s now charged with interrogating. As it turns out, a great deal of the senator’s political funding comes from various corners of the energy sector — some darker than others.

Additionally, energy companies (and law firms that represent them) currently hold the top four spots on Murkowski’s campaign committee donor list. Taken together, PACs and donors from Constellation Energy, Edison Chouest Offshore, Van Ness Feldman and Exxon Mobil have coughed up $115,546 since 2005.

Note to Republican “Leadership” in the Senate: This is one more reason why she should have been removed from the Energy and Natural Resources Committee as soon as she began her write-in campaign against the Republican Nominee.

wren on September 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM

wren on September 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM

They didn’t remove Lieberman? I don’t get it.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Why would the Senate RINOs remove the Pork Princess?

She’s one of them and pointing out Liza Moorecowski’s suspect donations might expose their own ‘sugar daddies‘.

Ogabe on September 29, 2010 at 8:27 PM

You can fool some of the people some of the time…but you can fool an Alaskan voter all the time….Morons!

repvoter on September 29, 2010 at 8:36 PM

When should one even pay any attention to anything from CNN? This reminds me of the poll published by the Boston Globe, 2 weeks prior to the special election in 2009, saying Coakley was 14 points ahead of Brown.

bayview on September 29, 2010 at 9:10 PM

CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said… Nearly four in ten Democratic likely voters say they plan to write in Murkowski’s name.

Sure. Why wouldn’t I believe that?

logis on September 29, 2010 at 9:19 PM

…at least pull my hair.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Giddyupinak.

Just curious…what’s the problem with Miller? He sounds like a qualified, serious conservative, no?

Jaibones on September 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM

PS This poll sounds like the usual CNN crapping-in-the-dark nonsense.

Jaibones on September 29, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Or you can do what you want. I am not stopping anyone.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM

One of the less attractive things about the internet forums/blogs is that people seem so reluctant to give credence to what a person from a particular state or city say as you have. Good background info – too bad some can’t accept it as reasonable analysis on the ground.

Bradky on September 29, 2010 at 9:26 PM

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Did you warn us that Miller would win the primary?

ddrintn on September 29, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I don’t think there is any chance she gets anywhere near 40% of the voters to write in her name.

Clark1 on September 29, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I think you are right.

AshleyTKing on September 29, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Silliness.

Dorvillian on September 29, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Hopefully, the Senators who voted to leave Murky in her leadership positions will receive loads of mail and calls to remind them that their chicken $h__ ways are unacceptable. Also, Jim DeMint deserves some hurrahs for his standing firm.

mobydutch on September 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I don’t get it.

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Hey Spooge

its been a wierd year hows the life going congrats again from a mate in ole PL4

kev

Kevin43 on September 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Lisa Murkowski is no Strom Thurman…

NO WAY she wins a write-in…

Khun Joe on September 30, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Lisa Murkowski is no Strom Thurman…

NO WAY she wins a write-in…

Khun Joe on September 30, 2010 at 12:20 AM

I think/hope you are right and that this is just a tempest in a Tea Party.

back off grumpy. There can be only one!

upinak on September 29, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Me?!?!? Grumpy?

/looks at own name

Yeah… you got me. ;)

/get off my lawn

Irritable Pundit on September 30, 2010 at 1:48 AM

OK, AP. Remember to breathe…

Murky is still losing, even when she has every advantage CNN can muster, advantages that she will not have in the voting booth.

I would be happy with a 38/36/22 Scott Adams win. But this is the high water mark for Murky.

Now Scott Adams needs to arrange to have somebody named “Linda Mercowski” run as a write-in, so we can eliminate all of those “voter intent” misspellings…

Haiku Guy on September 30, 2010 at 6:26 AM