Meg Whitman: I swear, I didn’t know the maid was illegal

posted at 6:47 pm on September 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

Cavuto runs through the basics with her but, alas, neglects to ask about the potential smoking gun, that alleged red-flag letter sent to Whitman by the Social Security Administration several years ago warning her that Diaz’s name didn’t match her SS number. A possible explanation from one of Meg’s advisors:

Allred added that Whitman ignored correspondence sent to her home from the Social Security Administration in 2003. The letter informed her that Diaz’ Social Security number did not match her name – a red flag for an undocumented worker.

The letter asked Whitman to show that Diaz had proper documentation, Allred said, and there is no record that Whitman had responded…

Allred said that Whitman never asked Diaz for documentation and once asked whether she ever traveled to Mexico and Diaz told her employer, “I cannot travel outside the country.”…

Asked whether Whitman saw Diaz’ Social Security documentation, as Allred insisted, [Whitman advisor Rob] Stutzman said Whitman “never saw it … and guess who picked up the mail every day? (Nicky) was in control of it.”

According to the Times, the SSA stopped issuing red-flag letters in 2007 and won’t discuss letters sent before then due to confidentiality concerns. Maybe that letter is the mysterious document that Allred claims she’s holding in reserve to prove the truth of her claims? If so, er, how did she get possession of it? And was a $20/hour maid really in charge of billionaire Meg Whitman’s correspondence?

The LA Times helpfully reminds us that Allred also represented a woman who leveled a last-minute sexual harassment allegation at Schwarzenegger before the 2003 gubernatorial election. Quite a track record. Exit question: If, in firing Diaz, Whitman really wanted to ensure that “from now on you don’t know me, and I don’t know you” (as Diaz claims), why didn’t she ask her to sign some sort of confidentiality agreement in exchange for a payout? Diaz obviously had a financial incentive to run to a lawyer or to the media once she was canned. Why not eliminate that? Very strange.

Update: Commenters are objecting that Diaz wasn’t “in charge” of Whitman’s correspondence. Well, according to Stutzman, she was — for a short time, at least, but long enough to get rid of any letters she didn’t want Whitman to see. In any case, only one thing is certain, my friends: If Californians are so angry that Whitman used to employ an illegal that they’re willing to resign themselves to four more years of total control by the party that’s driven their economy off a cliff, well, good luck to ‘em.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers – Refugee

canopfor on September 29, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I thought the maid was hired through a service. Could they have received the notice, and the maid as well?

Maxpower on September 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM

There you go.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Picking up the mail does not equal “being in charge of her correspondence”. She was a domestic who walked to the mailbox. She wasn’t her social secretary.

As I theorized at Ed’s thread, she probably intercepted the letter. How else did she “see” it but not discuss it with Whitman or her husband. Either that or the letter went to the agency but not to the Whitman residence.

Buy Danish on September 29, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Seriously doubt that miss Diaz was in Charge of CEO Whitman’s correspondence.

runner on September 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Well Arnie to his credit did at least try to deal with some of it before giving up, and going RINO.
sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM

He was always soft.

Carve out San Diego, wall it off and make it a protectorate, then sell the rest of the state to South Korea.

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Obama speaks at La Raza Event

canopfor on September 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I want to know WHOM here has yard work done, contracting work, or any work and can claim they don’t hire illegals.

AnninCA on September 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Me. And my pool guy is American. And so is my tree trimmer and my house cleaner. So are my garbage men.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Its quite possible she was in charge, and maybe things disappearing is why she wasn’t in charge any longer. By “in charge” they could very well just mean that the maid was the one who went out to the mailbox to get the mail. Not that she was supposed to open it all and respond to it all.

Zaggs on September 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM

My main question is:
Why are the republicans trying so hard to win any state office in CA?

I think I would sit back and when everything collapses, then I would run a full slate ticket.

BruceB on September 29, 2010 at 7:26 PM

It’s already collapsed, we’re ready to climb back out.

Apologetic California on September 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

She should have profiled, apparently.

TexasDan on September 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Yeah well, people said the same thing about Arnold and look where that’s gotten us.

To everyone who voted for Whitman over Poizner… thanks …thanks a lot.

The Ugly American on September 29, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Ronnie on September 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Felony. If you aren’t in the postal service, the general rule of thumb is to keep away from anybody else’s mail unless you want a stint in the A$$-Pounding Academy.

Dark-Star on September 29, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Has anyone ever heard of a PEO?

Just a question.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Key West Reader:This it!:)
==========================================================

canopfor on September 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM

She could read English?

davidk on September 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I was thinking that myself.

It should have been Meg’s first clue right there that her maid hadn’t graduated from a CA school.

Lily on September 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM

The maid is an illegal. She broke our laws by entering illegally and committed perjury several times it appears.

Could Whitman have been more attentive? Sure. But the maid is the one who should be dealt with. Call ICE and have her deported. Now that her super-duper Dem shill of a lawyer has outed her, let’s get on with it.

As others have said pressuring people for complete documentation opens one to all sorts of charges based on the usual PC nonsense, so the bottom line is that no one should hire anyone that isn’t obviously a US citizen. Discriminatory? So what. Let people scream all they want. It isn’t worth the hassle as Whitman must now realize.

This incident is another one of the Dems absurd tactics that makes them look bad. They out an illegal, put her on TV sobbing and crying admitting that she broke our laws and that Whitman is a big old meanie. “Living in the shadows” is really a beotch, isn’t it? Next thing we know Diaz, the criminal, will be offered a book deal.

Pack her off to Mexico along with a few more. This is complete BS.

Cody1991 on September 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM

The goal here is not so much to accuse Whitman of having hired an illegal, it’s that she fired her, hence the waterworks to day at the press conference. The gringa Meg Whitman hates Latinas!

RedRedRice on September 29, 2010 at 7:27 PM

That’s funny! She was fired in 2009, and they sit on this for almost 2 years, and here come the water works? Alred is truly a liberal. Thinking everyone is as stupid as she thinks they are, and are swallowing her clap trap by the gallon full.

capejasmine on September 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Hillbuzz boyzzzz spot on again. They know all the democrat dirty trcks…

the Democrats are doing to Meg Whitman in California today is exactly what Obama did to Republican candidate Jack Ryan in 2004…manufacturing a scandal so that Republicans will abandon a candidate and allow a Democrat to walk away with an election in a cake walk…in election that Democrat would have actually lost.

Remember, that whole Jack Ryan saga gave us Barack Hussein Obama.

SouthernGent on September 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Illegal aliens throughout our country have figured out a way to falsify social security cards that would fool the eye of the best of investigators.

I do not fault Meg Whitman and I do not fault many of the employers that unknowingly hire illegals that present false identification. I swear, the cards, numbers, imprints all look totally authentic.

If she’s smart (and I know she is), she can turn this entire issue around to her benefit. She can bust the illegal for presenting false identification to get the job in the first place and make Gloria “all red” in the face. It’d only take about eh… 90 hours of leftist freakout air time.

Then, lower the boom.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I could use a housecleaner… Does that LA stand for Los Angeles or Louisiana? :p

teke184 on September 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM

¡El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula, mi amigo!

:-D

Mary in LA on September 29, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I guess the left is saying that we should avoid hiring anyone with a Spanish accent. That’s the only option left on the table now.

Ronnie on September 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Maybe California must die so the rest of the country can learn the lesson.

Maybe we already are dead.

In any case, Jerry Brown is not capable of anything but speeding the death or signing the death certificate.

rrpjr on September 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Did Diaz collect unemployment insurance since 2009?

Ronnie on September 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Hell’s bells! For that kind of money, I’ll put on a frilly French maid outfit and go clean Meg Whitman’s house myself. Ooh la la! Now where’s my feather duster?

Mary in LA on September 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I would to, but me in a French maids outfit is probably something people would pay not to see!

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:17 PM

My grandkids would be traumatized for life.

Lily on September 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Another thought:

As if, the CEO of E-Bay would take the time to recruit, screen, interview, check references and hire anyone. I smell BarackOchit.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

AnninCA on September 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM

As I said above, I’ve never knowingly hired illegals. Unfortunately, though, I know plenty of people who have hired them, just because they work cheap.

Mary in LA on September 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Where does Stutzman say that?

Buy Danish on September 29, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I’m totally cool with illegal aliens.

I can’t get enough of ‘em.

I keep at least three or four under my bed at night, and more in my closet.

I adore them so much that you Democrat dirty-ops guys (which would be all members of the Democrat party at large)will be saddened to know I don’t care that Meg Whitman has but a single one of them.

Naturally, I wish she had more. Many more, the same as me. But she doesn’t, so I’m resigned to vote for her on Nov. 2 regardless.

Oh, and did I mention, you Dems, your metaphorical blood will run red in the metaphorical streets five weeks hence? Yes, it’s true. Your metaphorical blood will be up to my horse’s bridle when we’re done with you at the ballot box.

FlameWarrior on September 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM

By the by …Boxer and Fiorina had a radio debate today.

Other than one very long and awkward pause, Carly did really well.

Boxer’s talking points basically consisted of:

Blame Bush
Blame Halliburton
Blame Wall Street
Blame Evil Republicans

Seriously weak tea.

The Ugly American on September 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM

No, War Planner. No facepalm. Just pick up a ballot, mark Republican from ticket top to bottom, tie it to a metaphorical brick, and throw it as hard as you metaphorically can through the Democrats big plate window on Nov. 2.

Yep. That’s exactly what I am doing.

Bob's Kid on September 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I’m hiring!

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 7:16 PM

… When can you start?

amerpundit on September 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Immediatement, mes amis… but ze cheezy French accent will be un peu extra! :-)

Mary in LA on September 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM

How many here had their children get the mail before they did, especially around report cards time, reviews etc.

If the nanny/maid were the one getting the mail the idea she could easily pick out the offending letters from SS would definitely in any court provide “reasonable doubt”..

One of Ms Alred’s favorite lines in court or with Greta

theblacksheepwasright on September 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I’ll believe that Democrats are outraged about Whitman employing an illegal when the teachers who belong to unions that support Brown start reporting all the illegal students that fill our California classrooms. FYI, those English language learner students contribute to lower test scores that will result in financial and other penalties to districts — i.e., taxpayers — when No Child Left Behind begins to require 100% compliance with the Adequate Yearly Progress standards in 2013.

Terrie on September 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM

My grandkids would be traumatized for life.

Lily on September 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Just look at it as a chance for that ‘alternate lifestyles’ talk the liberals tell us we should be giving.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM

¡El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula, mi amigo!

Is Mi amigo an official part of the name now?

Emperor Norton on September 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM

So what’s the charge for intercepting someone’s mail anyway? That’s a pretty serious crime, no? Gloria? You sure you want to enter that stolen property into evidence?

Ronnie on September 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Ronnie:
========================================================

§ 1708. — Theft or receipt of stolen mail matter generally.

Whoever steals, takes, or abstracts, or by fraud or deception
obtains, or attempts so to obtain, from or out of any mail, post office,
or station thereof, letter box, mail receptacle, or any mail route or
other authorized depository for mail matter, or from a letter or mail
carrier, any letter, postal card, package, bag, or mail, or abstracts or
removes from any such letter, package, bag, or mail, any article or
thing contained therein, or secretes, embezzles, or destroys any such
letter, postal card, package, bag, or mail, or any article or thing
contained therein; or
————————-

canopfor on September 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM

RedRedRice on September 29, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Now you’ve REALLY lost me. Is the problem that she hired an illegal or that she fired one?

Seems to me it’s the ILLEGAL that should be in trouble here. Mail tampering, entering the country illegally, SS fraud… Where shall we start?

UnderstandingisPower on September 29, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Did Diaz collect unemployment insurance since 2009?

Ronnie on September 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM

This is California … of course she did.

Then she stepped across the street and picked up her WIC card.

The Ugly American on September 29, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I could use a housecleaner… Does that LA stand for Los Angeles or Louisiana? :p

teke184 on September 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM

¡El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula, mi amigo!

:-D

Mary in LA on September 29, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Mierda. Estoy en el estado del desastre, también conocido como Luisiana.

teke184 on September 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM

The problem with AP’s analysis is that he assumes that both Allred and her client are credible. Anyone who knows anything about Allred knows that’s just simply not the case.

Captain Kirock on September 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Trouble with that line of thinking is that the State of California will turn to the federal government for a bailout from their financial woes. So what goes down in California affects us all.

DrStock on September 29, 2010 at 7:48 PM

AnninCA on September 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Key West Reader on September 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Lucky you. I try very hard to hire only legal workers, but my guess is that our garbagemen are not (two speak virtually no english and are grown men), and when Ive used maid services, they state in writing that everyone is legal, but when I’ve asked the workers themselves (so awkward!), they claim to not understand the question. Our lazyass government has put citizens in the horrible position of trying to police our own neighborhoods and homes to enforce our laws.

LASue on September 29, 2010 at 7:51 PM

DrStock on September 29, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I think it may require Congress approving of such a bailout, which is unlikely at best since the pursestrings will be tightened under new leadership.

I also doubt that Obama will be the recipient of “Obama to California: Drop Dead” headlines if he tells them to fix their own mess like Ford did to NYC in 1976.

teke184 on September 29, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Is Mi amigo an official part of the name now?

Emperor Norton on September 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Sí, señor, unless speaking to a gringo, in which case, by order of the Mayor, we must say pendejoinstead.

Mary in LA on September 29, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Holy cow!!!

Whitman used an AGENCY to hire the housekeeper. Isn’t THEIR problem to verify eligibility, work history and be responsible for their placements????

This is so going to backfire on Allred and whomever dreamed this idiot scheme up.

tru2tx on September 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Terrie on September 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM

They’re not outraged at all.

In fact, they join us in celebrating Meg Whitman for the courageous stance she took on behalf of justice and decency when she boldly hired an oppressed, downtrodden person of color who came to our great land of liberty to share in its benefits.

Democrat rank-and-file up and down the Golden State will show their appreciation to progressive-minded Meg on Nov. 2 by casting their votes for her, while at the same time forcing the aged, worthless, metaphorical Jerry Brown onto a floe of ice headed out to sea, never to be seen again.

FlameWarrior on September 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Mierda. Estoy en el estado del desastre, también conocido como Luisiana.

teke184 on September 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Como dijo el presidente Clinton, “siento tu dolor!”

Mary in LA on September 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Where does Stutzman say that?

Buy Danish on September 29, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Bolded part of the quoted text in Allah’s post.

malclave on September 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Let me get this straight, Allah.

You think it’s questionable that the maid who was home alone every day (with all of the Whitman’s possessions) would be asked to bring in the mail?

MayBee on September 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I think Meg Whitman’s actions are destructive, capricious and irresponsible.

promachus on September 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM

tru2tx on September 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM

tru2tx: Yes,you would think so!:)

canopfor on September 29, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I was talking to some older lady at the library one day and she said she got some stuff from social security about some problem with her number and then when she tried to check up on it, they just blew her off…she never did get it resolved.

I really don’t think this is such a big deal myself, especially considering the state we are talking about. Smells fishy to me.

Terrye on September 29, 2010 at 8:03 PM

MayBee on September 29, 2010 at 7:58 P

That is a good point.

Terrye on September 29, 2010 at 8:04 PM

So let me get this straight — the party that is suppose to be “on the side of illegal aliens” is condemning Meg for illegally employing one….

The irony is so rich you could mine it.

Meg Whitman is not my favorite, but she is a hell of a lot better than Brown. My MAD MEN PASSION INDEX proves it!

Mutnodjmet on September 29, 2010 at 8:04 PM

UPDATE II: Meg Whitman: My Maid’s Full of It

“Meg Whitman’s campaign just gave us (TMZ) documents suggesting that her former maid, Nicky Diaz Santillan, actually lied to Meg about her immigration status when she was hired back in 2000.”
“Whitman also claims Nicky provided her with a social security card and valid California Driver’s License with her employment application … which Meg kept and has now handed over to TMZ.”

mrt721 on September 29, 2010 at 8:05 PM

So what exactly is Allred’s role in this?
What does she want?

guitarguy on September 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Publicity. and a huge chunk of any lawsuit.

katy the mean old lady on September 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I think Meg Whitman’s actions are destructive, capricious and irresponsible.

promachus on September 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM

So noted. Which state are you registered to vote in?

Mary in LA on September 29, 2010 at 8:07 PM

She should have profiled, apparently.

TexasDan on September 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Same thing I thought.
This actually shows how fair she was. She didn’t profile and then when it was discovered, she stayed true to her principles and let the illegal immigrant go (who broke the law again by forging documents!).

JellyToast on September 29, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Let me get this straight, Allah.

MayBee on September 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM

It’s okay she has access to Whitman’s kids. But heaven forbid she touch the mail.

Disturb the Universe on September 29, 2010 at 8:09 PM

tru2tx on September 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Si.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM

The irony is so rich you could mine it.

Mutnodjmet on September 29, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Sadly both major parties support illegal immigration.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Sadly both major parties support illegal immigration.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Ah, but the Tea Party doesn’t! And they are bringing the lesson home to the GOP, though it may take until Nov ’12 to sink in all the way.

Mary in LA on September 29, 2010 at 8:16 PM

The silver lining may be that Meg will finally wise up and come down harder on illegals if she gets into office. They are not “nice people.” They are here to take advantage of us and show complete disregard for our laws and way of life.

Meg, this is your wakeup call!

mistythestripper on September 29, 2010 at 8:16 PM

One thing surprised me. Whitman home is only 3,000 square feet. That’s like 10,000 less Al Gore’s.

Topsecretk9 on September 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM

This appears to be a very lame but very bold face attempt at smearing the CEO of E-Bay.

As an example: An illegal alien walked into the headquarters of Microsoft, delivered his/her resume to Bill Gates Himself; Bill Gates reviews the resume, checks and verifies the references, telephone screens the interviewee, then has a background check done pre-interview. After the background check gets delivered back to Bill Gates (himself), he personally calls this housekeeper or file clerk or whatever into his office and does a personal interview. He personally hires and endorses her credentials and eventually fires her for inadequate work, faulty attendance, whatever.

Then, Bill Gates runs for office.

Oh, puleeze. Left? Fer cryin’ out loud. Throw us something to chew on. This is so … eh.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Meanwhile, the POTUS has an aunt living here illegally, and it’s been known for quite some time that she’s been here illegally. In this case, Gloria Allred has no comment.

joejm65 on September 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Let me get this straight, Allah.

MayBee on September 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM

An the cared for the Whitman children.

She’s left in the home with all of the Whitman’s possessions and cares for the Whitman children, but Meg Whitman would be insane to let her BRING IN THE MAIL!!!!!

Topsecretk9 on September 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Had the Federal Goverment done it’s job.. none of this would be an issue

theblacksheepwasright on September 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I don’t see anything strange about having the maid go out to the mailbox and bring the mail into the house. I think that’s pretty standard. I don’t imagine Meg walks out to the mailbox every day. I don’t believe the maid normally opens the mail, but she could have been looking for something from Social Security, since she was well aware she used her sister’s SSN. I’m not saying it happened that way, but I am not following why you think it’s strange for the maid to bring the mail into the house. That’s part of the job.

mbs on September 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

This ‘correspondence’ issue is odd. When I visit my folks in Florida, I’ll check their mailbox and bring mail into the house if there’s any in the box. I don’t handle their correspondence. I also take out their trash. Does that have any nefarious meaning?

joejm65 on September 29, 2010 at 8:34 PM

this is just misdirection to get radio and tv to not talk about the JB’s miserable performance on the debate last night.

jbh45 on September 29, 2010 at 8:35 PM

HOLD THE PHONE:

This just in from the other side of California…

Boxer hires illegals to protest Fiorina during a debate.

Seriously. You can’t make this stuff up!

UnderstandingisPower on September 29, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM

LMAO in San Diego.

Gang-of-One on September 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Allah

The maid cares for the Whitman children, yet you think it’s odd she be trusted to bring in the billionaire’s mail.

Topsecretk9 on September 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Last night Jerry Brown said the way to solve CA’s jobs crisis is to hire people to retrofit every building in CA to meet green standards. That’s it. Workers of California unite!

Right then and there I knew how he got his nickname Moonbeam. He is crazy.

Vote AGAINST him in November.

mistythestripper on September 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Yeah, well out here it’s being played for the double whammy. For Republicans, it’s Can you believe she hired an illegal?

for the Latin community, it’s Can you believe she fired her maid when she knew all along she was illegal? And she treated her so badly.

So you can see why it isn’t amusing to have the maid going from “picking up the mail everyday” to Allah’s “being in charge of Whitman’s correspondence” to try to invalidate Whitman’s defense against someone who has already admitted lying.

MayBee on September 29, 2010 at 8:58 PM

AP, why do you pretend the existence of this letter is an iron clad fact? Shouldn’t you at least be putting “alleged”, or a “her lawyer claims” bit in front of it, to CYA?

Let’s think about it. If part of my job were to get mail for my employer, I’m not going to open it. If it were something addressed to my employer from the Social Security administration, why would I assume it was a red-flag letter (about every two years, I personally get something meaningless in the mail from Social Security)? You’re putting a lot of stock in the testimony of a known criminal who has a lot to gain with this claim…

ynot4tony2 on September 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM

So, the illegal alien housekeeper is a lying, sneaking, forged document-using, i.d. fraud-promoting, sleazy partisan pimp as well?

Go Meg Whitman!

Fire all such job-moochers.

profitsbeard on September 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM

There are other parts of CA that are sane. I’m in the southern Sierras between Ridgecrest and Bakersfield, we are conservative here.

So my choice is between Whitman and Moonbeam? I’ll take Whitman, thanks, illegal maid and all. These October setups are so predictable.

jodetoad on September 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM

All I want to say is, anytime Gloria Alred is involved, question everything. The woman has more alterior motives that any con artist known to mankind.

milwife88 on September 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Vote for Meg. She gets rid of illegals.

faraway on September 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM

IF Meggy is as rich as supposed, did she really have all that much contact with the maid? I had one for a short time. She came in after I had left for work, went elsewhere before I came home. I had the day off once or twice during that time, I made sure I wasn’t in any room she needed to work on when she needed to work on it. She wasn’t hired for her social skills. Heck, I didn’t even hire her, a friend told me about her and arranged for the days she came, and took care of giving her the key.

TinMan13 on September 29, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Vote for Meg. She gets rid of illegals.

faraway on September 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Newsflash faraway, the whole frikkin state’s illegal.

Rovin on September 29, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Sadly both major parties support illegal immigration.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Good point. Perhaps the way to think of it, especially after Whitman’s Spanish language billboards should be: “Live by the illegals, die by illegals”.

Mutnodjmet on September 29, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Allred makes sluts indignant.

If the Cali people vote for Brown, they deserve the scrooming.

Schadenfreude on September 29, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Topsecretk9 on September 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM

If she’s in possession of the letter as was intimated…..
That’s 10 to 20 club fed

Beto Ochoa on September 29, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Obama speaks at La Raza Event

canopfor on September 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM

La Raza has been running somewhat cryptic ads in Maryland that seem to have a hint of “Fear our voting block” to them.

Count to 10 on September 29, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Go Meg Whitman!

Fire all such job-moochers.

profitsbeard on September 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM

As much as I object to illegal immigration, “job-muchers” is inaccurate. Adding workers to the economy increases it’s total capacity, and does not “take jobs away from Americans”, as much as it looks like it on the micro scale.
The real problem is the costs the illegals impose, not the work they do.

Count to 10 on September 29, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Wait a minute… what is exactly the smoking gun here?

Both parties say that Whitman fired the maid when she learned she was an illegal alien?

Are the Democrats suggesting Whitman should not have fired the maid?

And why did the maid suddenly confess this to Whitman in July after going undetected for 9 years? What did the maid mean when she said: “I told her I don’t have papers to work here and need her help.”

“Need help?” That seems odd to say after admitting you lied to your employer about your legal status. Was this a blackmail attempt?

Sackett on September 29, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Two more things (this story really bugs me):

1. Would this be an issue if Meg were a man?

2. Why is a maid earning $50,000 per year? I know several lawyers from good law schools who are forced to work on a contract basis and earn less.

LASue on September 29, 2010 at 10:23 PM

At the risk of being redundant:

Meg was the victim of somebody perpetrating Identity theft fraud. When she confessed, she was canned. This points out how big a problem these criminals are. Stealing identities, lying, etc. Meg’s a victim of a big problem. End of story.

TheBigOldDog on September 29, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Where does Stutzman say that?
Buy Danish on September 29, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Bolded part of the quoted text in Allah’s post.
malclave on September 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM

You mean this part?: and guess who picked up the mail every day? (Nicky) was in control of it.”

That does not mean she was “in charge of the correspondence”. That’s like saying My dry cleaners is “in charge of my wardrobe”, or My grocer is “in charge of my dinner parties”

Buy Danish on September 29, 2010 at 10:34 PM

CA is hopeless. i’ve pretty much given up, although i hope boxer goes down

and maybe for the best, let moonbeam deal with the barking dogs of CA

r keller on September 29, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Hhhhmmm

The housekeeper said she was told to “check on this,” then never heard about the letter again. Allred said Whitman continued to receive letters about the mismatched Social Security number, which Diaz Santillan found in the trash.

azkenreid on September 29, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Hhhhmmm

azkenreid on September 29, 2010 at 11:04 PM

She swiped them and that’s where Gloria Allred got them.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 11:14 PM

azkenreid on September 29, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Broken link? I don’t know where that quote came from, but allow me to edit it a bit:

… Allred said Whitman continued to receive letters about the mismatched Social Security number, which Diaz Santillan found in after rummaging through the trash.

Buy Danish on September 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Buy Danish on September 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

More likely Whitman never saw them as they were intercepted beforehand. Otherwise the story of Diaz telling her boss she was an illegal makes no sense.

sharrukin on September 29, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Buy Danish on September 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Sorry about the link. Here it is.

azkenreid on September 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Whitman did ask for documentation and Diaz provided false documents.

As for the latter bit about traveling outside the country, that is not evidence of someone being an illegal. Documented aliens can have their movements restricted as well.

This is a non-story. Or, rather, the only story here is how Allred gets away with this without being sanctioned by the Bar and how Diaz stays in this country despite her illegal status.

Y-not on September 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I’m waiting for the part where she “reveals” that they had a lesbian affair and, well use your imagination.

Mojave Mark on September 30, 2010 at 12:21 AM

FWIW, I got a letter from SSA warning me that someone else may be using my Aocial Security number. It was shortly after I was married and the person with a different name was me. I don’t know if my employer got a letter or not- they didn’t say anything to me. but if my experience is typical, the sister would have been notified her number was being used.

MayBee on September 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM