Castle rules out write-in campaign for Delaware Senate

posted at 11:05 pm on September 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

The bad news: I couldn’t find anything good for the “Quote of the Day.” The good news: Now I don’t need to.

Delaware Republican Rep. Mike Castle has opted against against running as a write-in candidate for Senate, a decision that strengthens Democrats’ chances of holding the seat on Nov. 2.

“While I would have been honored to represent Delaware in the U.S. Senate, I do not believe that seeking office in this manner is in the best interest of all Delawareans,” Castle said in a statement released this evening. “Therefore, it’s time for Jane and me to begin thinking about the next chapter of our lives.”

Castle, notably, did not endorse Christine O’Donnell, the tea party favorite who ousted him in the GOP primary earlier this year, in his statement leaving the race.

I’m straining for some positive spin here but it’s hard to see any. We’ve already run though the numbers of a three-way race. Not only would Castle have improved O’Donnell’s chances of an upset by peeling Dems away from Coons, he would have increased the GOP’s overall chances of taking the seat. Now O’D has to climb that 16-point hill without any help.

I guess the good news for “true conservatives” is that, no matter what happens, at least there’s no way a RINO will win the seat now. Hooray?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

16-point hill? I thought it was 9, according to Rassmussen. Oh well. There’s one poll that counts, and it won’t happen for about another month yet.

gryphon202 on September 29, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I guess the good news for “true conservatives” is that, no matter what happens now, at least there’s no way a RINO will win the seat. Hooray?

i used to think castle should win to hold the seat

but now i say why not christine? and if she loses to coons, so what

we will take the senate regardless (WV, WI, WA, NV, CA… these are all going red) of delaware or not.

and you just KNOW castle would do a jeffords and leave the gop.

senate rinos always do! (specter, crist, jeffords, murkowski, etc, etc, etc…)

picklesgap on September 29, 2010 at 11:08 PM

The Rasmussen poll had Castle with 5 percent as a write-in. That no longer applies.

Allahpundit on September 29, 2010 at 11:08 PM

there’s no way a RINO will win the seat. Hooray?

That’s the spirit.

Weight of Glory on September 29, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I think this will help in the ongoing psychological process of the sore losers uniting behind the Republican nominee. If that happens she can win.

D0WNT0WN on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

gryphon202 on September 29, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I think that was with Castle as write in.

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

The positive spin is that now we know that people from Delaware call themselves “Delawareans.”

No, actually the positive spin is that not all RINOs are power-clinging leeches. It’s not all about numbers.

Splunge on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

He saw he would have helped the one person he hates more than Rush Limbaugh. Couldn’t do it.

GTFO.

Brian1972 on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

A sad night for me. I wanted him to run, cus I was sure he would win. O’Donnell is a nut who doesn’t deserve to be elected to any office.

We threw away a very winnable seat. Nonsense.

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

If only Lina Murkrowski could take a hint.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I love that pic so much.

sammypants on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

If that happens she can win.

WV is winnable. This is over.

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Well he has more class than Lisa Murkowski and Charlie Crist.

The guy’s politics didn’t bother me as much as the fact that he’d been in elective office for 45 years. Glad to see he is finally ready to move on.

Ted Torgerson on September 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Makes O’Donnell’s victory all the more sweeter.

milemarker2020 on September 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

The RINOblicans can now tell everyone else that Castle really is a stand-up guy and what a gem we missed by not nominating him.

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

AP doing amphetamines? No QOTD @11:10

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

The bad news: I couldn’t find anything good for the “Quote of the Day.”

I can’t sleep well without a Quote of the Day.

Give us all our candy before bedtime!

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM

While he may have helped O’Donnell had he run, I’m glad he didn’t. It would’ve started a troubling trend of GOP sore losers not willing to take a hint from the electorate. Now at least it looks like the only ones we have to deal with are Liza Munchausen and Chuck Crist. And after November 2, their political careers will be over.

Doughboy on September 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Good.

Now Castle can be Lisa Murkowski’s Rinos Anonymous sponsor and start her on her 8 step program.

portlandon on September 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM

AP- What do you think the outcome would be IF Castle endorsed O’Donnell? How much of a difference might that make?

Nelsa on September 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Fight On!

El_Terrible on September 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM

There are numerous possible scenarios here. O’Donnel could win, or lose. R’s might take the Senate, or not. Nationally, the importance of Delaware to Republican prospects in the Senate seems to me to be lessening.

gryphon202 on September 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Probably means he’ll get some position under ObamaJarrett.

SouthernGent on September 29, 2010 at 11:13 PM

how come when conservatives lose we are told to get in line

but when ‘moderates’ lose they bolt the gop to wage terror by as running independents?

methinks rinos need to grow up.

picklesgap on September 29, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Well, endorse O’Donnell.

We threw away a very winnable seat. Nonsense.

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Yep. It’s a shame. If he endorsed her, would it matter?

BacaDog on September 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Thank god I dont have to hear about America’s most useless state.

Apologetic California on September 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Someone needs to ask this question to Castle… did he tell the Democrats and the DSCC that he wasn’t going to run a write in campaign? I don’t understand why they would be buying another batch of ads unless they knew he wasn’t getting in…

ninjapirate on September 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

No QOTD which I’ve been waiting up for and all I get is this story that I already saw while I was waiting over at Instapundit!

atxcowgirl on September 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Brian1972 on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I think that’s exactly right. The only person who could benefit by his tilting was … Christine O’Donnell. And wasn’t going to do that, ever.

Jaibones on September 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

So can Castle muster up the courage to endorse Christine and try and help the Republican party?

clement on September 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Raven hair and ruby lips
Sparks fly from her finger tips
Echoed voices in the night
She’s a restless spirit on an endless flight
…ya’ll know the rest.

Just trying to come up with an appropriate O’Donnel campaign song. :-)

[Honestly, I hope she can pull this off. The irony is sooo sweet.]

coldwarrior on September 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

OT:

Check out this load of stupid. The return of My Sacred Honor:

NIKKI HALEY IS A SEKRIT MOOSLIM WHORE

Last week, Charleston County GOP chairwoman Cyndi Mosteller wrote her screed to Columbia-area newspaper The State, worrying that Haley was going to doom us all, DOOM US ALL I SAYS, SHE’S GONNA DOOM US aaaaAAAAAHHHHH!!!eleventy!1!

Seriously, though, Cyndi got ready, took aim, and fired on her own side, writing that—you may think you’re psychic if you saw this coming—Nikki Haley needs to come clean about whether she’s a whore or not. Yep. She went there.

Mosteller writes, in between swigs of Will Folks Kool-Aid—that she believes disgraced blogger-with-a-grudge-and-arrest-record Will Folks is more honest than almost anyone capable of rational thought:

And what of the sexual allegations? They are so removed from core Republican values that if it weren’t for Mark Sanford, we could never imagine them possibly being true—nor imagine that any candidate would consider himself or herself worthy of governing if they were. When former Sanford press secretary Will Folks asserted “an inappropriate physical relationship with Nikki,” released more than 60 damage-control texts made to Haley’s campaign and published a detailed log of late night-calls with Mrs. Haley, she called them “categorically and totally false” and insisted, “I have been 100 percent faithful to my husband throughout our 13 years of marriage.” That denial drew an unequivocal “that is not true” from Republican lobbyist Larry Marchant, who said he had sex with Mrs. Haley and “I know in my heart it happened, and she knows in her heart it happened.”

Charleston County SC GOP Chairwoman, in a local newspaper.

In a general election. Will it never stop good grief.

Brian1972 on September 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

atxcowgirl on September 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

No QOTD really just shows what a candy ass RINO AP is.

Couldn’t find one? Typical beta cop out.

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM

No, the good news is that the primary system worked. The next time a GOP politician goes to vote for a big government bill, maybe this’ll give him pause.

LastRick on September 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Thank god I dont have to hear about America’s most useless state.
Apologetic California on September 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I don’t like to deal with Wisconsin either.

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM

I wanted him to run, cus I was sure he would win . . .We threw away a very winnable seat

What you mean “we”, Kimosabe?

Emperor Norton on September 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Well played.

coldwarrior on September 29, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Castle, notably, did not endorse Christine O’Donnell

Perhaps Hussein Louie will soon name Castle a Czar of something or other.

Luka on September 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Couldn’t find one? Typical beta cop out.

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM

He spent too much time defending the integrity of Abby Boudreau.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:21 PM

ninjapirate on September 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Yeah, someone should tell the DSCC that Coons has it all sewn up, because for some reason they keep spending a lot of money on this race. I guess maybe they know something we don’t?

Missy on September 29, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Hooray with ice cream on it.

BTW, Castle is too far to the left to be a RINO.

Luka on September 29, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM

coldwarrior on September 29, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I always thought it was Rhode Island.

Brian1972 on September 29, 2010 at 11:21 PM

We either fight the good fight or we don’t

Democrat and Democrat-lite (RINOs) are quite literally undermining and destroying this country from within with destructive spending let alone with other disastrous domestic and foreign policy (immigration, gun control, radical Islam, etc.).

What’s the point of fighting for a seat in Congress if the person holding that seat wont fight for those who put him/her there or uphold the Constitution they’re supposed to uphold?

If we’re going to fight for something, let it be something worth while. Even if we lose, at least i’ll be able to walk out of my polling place not feeling dirty like I ahve the past couple elections.

Yakko77 on September 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Surprise! A RINO does the right thing!

rockmom on September 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Wisc = cheese
Delaware = ?????

Apologetic California on September 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

For God’s sake. We need to quit whining.

You know – in the last election, nearly every Dim I know went into the booth and pulled a straight “D” ticket; regardless of who the candidate was.

In that light, O’Donnell can’t be worse than Stuart Smalley or Alan Grayson or Perillo in Va.

Just pull the damn lever and elect the woman. What are the options considering everything we hold dear. When it comes right down to it, I can live with a nutty aunt in Congress as long as she keeps her damn hand out of my wallet.

BacaDog on September 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Surprise! A RINO does the right thing!

rockmom on September 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Not really. The right thing would have been to endorse O’Donnell right away and not play sore loser footsie with the idea of a write-in campaign.

Missy on September 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Give it a week to see how the new numbers shake out.

The Ugly American on September 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM

coldwarrior on September 29, 2010 at 11:19 PM

MadisonConservative and I have this little game going, I insult Wisconsin and he agrees that I’m right.

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Wisc = cheese
Delaware = ?????

Apologetic California on September 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

What in the world is Delaware good for anyway?

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Surely there’s a wink for just such an emergency?

Lanceman on September 29, 2010 at 11:26 PM

CNN dragged in Beau Biden to commiserate that if he ran for the senate there would be not talk that a R can win it.

Change is coming…

tjexcite on September 29, 2010 at 11:27 PM

What in the world is Delaware good for anyway?

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Screen door factories.
Seriously, very low corporate tax rates.

Lanceman on September 29, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Apologetic California on September 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Sleeze?

coldwarrior on September 29, 2010 at 11:27 PM

BacaDog on September 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Every chance I get, I make the case for voting ideologically with all my friends and family. They say, “but that makes voting easy!” I say, “no, it doesn’t — it makes voting in the GENERAL election easy, but voting in the primary very difficult.” Knock off the RINOs in the primary, then make sure you don’t have an Alvin Greene situation, and then pull the damn lever for the R. I’m convinced it’s not the individual races — screw this “I vote for the best PERSON, regardless of party!” independent claptrap — it’s the aggregate effect of having more conservatives in power.

Purple Fury on September 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM

What in the world is Delaware good for anyway?
darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

A place to settle the demented ex-Veep Joe Biden in 2013, still babbling about Diebold and patriotic taxes six months after losing the election.

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:31 PM

if you read Castle’s wikipedia entry, much of his career is based on insider DE politics. Looks like he had a rather privileged career.

so it turned out that at 70 years old he decided he wanted to be a senator…but felt insulted that he had to run against someone like o’d.

sorry, i can’t feel the pain for him…and yeah, i hope we get the senate…but at what price?

r keller on September 29, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Is it meaningful that AP puts scare quotes around “true conservatives”?

I suppose it’s just reasonable that I do the same with “RINO”.

applebutter on September 29, 2010 at 11:33 PM

We threw away a very winnable seat. Nonsense.

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I’m sorry, but what the heck does this mean? “We” “threw away” a very winnable seat? What did those of us outside Delaware do to “force” Christine O’Donnell into this position, and thus “throw away” the seat? Nothing. We talked endlessly, and not often civilly, about whether it’s better to have a true conservative in the Senate in a state like Delaware, or if a RINO is really the best we can do. That’s a discussion that we need to have, because it is ultimately going to determine a lot about the direction of the Republican Party and America itself. But when it came right down to it, the Republicans of Delaware chose O’Donnell to represent them, because they believed in her. That she could even win a primary in a supposedly solid-blue state speaks volumes, I think, about the conventional wisdom at play here. We didn’t throw anything away, Delaware didn’t throw anything away, they voted for who they wanted. That’s the way it’s supposed to work.

The fact is this: The race isn’t over yet. Anything can happen. Do I think O’Donnell will win? I have no idea. But I do know that she has a lot of people in Delaware who believe in her, and a lot of people all across the country who have been giving her money because they want her to do well. That’s not nothing. There’s still over a month left until the election, and many things can change in that time. I don’t live in Delaware, and though I started off thinking O’Donnell was a bit on the weird side and maybe not up to the job, the more I’ve heard her speak and the more I’ve listened to the substance of what she says, the more I’ve come to conclude that she would make a good senator after all. Perhaps the people of Delaware will come to the same conclusion. Perhaps, when she debates Coons, she’ll bury him. Perhaps all that money people are giving her will help her get her actual beliefs and message out in a more meaningful way than the media matches. And, perhaps, none of that will happen and Coons will win.

It’s too early to tell. But giving up is not an option. O’Donnell needs to work as hard as she can until Election Day to get herself and her message out there, and if it doesn’t pay off this time—who knows, maybe it will next time. If 2010 doesn’t redden one of Delaware’s senate seats, it’s already proven that there is red there to be had—and that it won’t automatically be had by people like Castle. That’s vital information that we’ll need in 2012, 2014, and beyond, regardless of what happens in a month. But writing off Delaware, or any state, because of something like this is useless fatalism.

O’Donnell needs to work harder. We all do. The first time any of us should give up hope of winning the Delaware senate seat is November 3, and not one millisecond before.

WesternActor on September 29, 2010 at 11:33 PM

All of you talking crap here about Castle endorsing her should just stuff it. She accused him of having a gay affair. Why the hell would he endorse somebody who did that to him.

You people have really lost your minds. You claimed that you would rather lose the seat than have Castle, so now you got your nut. Why the hell are you people pestering him to endorse her. If he was that important and special, why the hell did all of you accuse him of crap he didn’t do.

O’Donnell is a nut, who is about to crash and burn, and that pleases me to no end. She is not fit for elective office. She is a complete nut, and you people wanted her, so go campaign for her.

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I say we send him to ‘The Villages’ so the blue-hairs can bat the bat snot out of him.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Wisc = cheese
Delaware = ?????

Apologetic California on September 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Home of the Longest Twin Span Suspension Bridge.
The First John Deere Tractor resides in Delaware.
The Smallest State.
The state with the fewest counties.
The only state without a National Park.
The First Beauty Contest was held in Delaware.

So to answer your question…..Delaware is known for nothing.

portlandon on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Low information voters think she is a nut. People paying attention with genuine concern about issues and the future of the country recognize one choice, Christine O’Donnell.

Will Delaware really elect a bearded Marxist, an Obamoid rubber stamp, a Harry Reid pet? O’Donnell has plenty of resources to sound her message through the lefty fog bank.

Castle is a sore loserman. He lost and now needs to get lost.

exdeadhead on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Splunge on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Well, that, and even RINOs think Castle joining Murkowski on the write-in trail is a bridge too far. So now we get to see how Crazy Christine shocks the world and becomes US Senator from DE 5 weeks from now.

Or, we get to see her get added momentum in her TV pundit career. And like I said earlier on another thread, I’m not sure I want to find out how much of a PITA she can be to the Senate GOP.

BradSchwartze on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Wins.

This is why I’ll back OD in Deleware.

Troika37 on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Screw you! I don’t want that clown that close to me! ;D

Lanceman on September 29, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Here is some good news! Weeee!

AshleyTKing on September 29, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Allah, I know your being snarky with this bit, but this is exactly the way I feel. I’m frankly thrilled that if the seat goes to a liberal they will at least be tagged a liberal and thus when the sh*t flies there won’t be any confusion as to what party is responsible.

Also, I have a sneaky suspicion that Castle is colluding with the democrats and bowing out because the polls did show that O’Donnell would benefit by his staying in the race. This guy is a vindictive asshat – as is proven by his withholding his endorsement. Good riddance to him!

KickandSwimMom on September 29, 2010 at 11:37 PM

What has NOT gotten very much coverage at all in the blogs is that last Friday evening in a GOP dinner at Newcastle county the Delaware GOP and its party chairman Tom Ross decided to endorse Christine O’Donnell and to throw the full weight of the party behind her.

Now why is that important? Because there are GOP party members who are constituted as such that they will always for for the GOP nominee regardless of who it is if the party got behind the candidate first. COD is bound to pick up a slice of these voters; and now that Castle is out of the game she stands to even pick up more of them.

I have always maintained that COD’s greatest adversary was NOT the Left or moderates but simply her own party. Now that the party has come around and Castle has made his decision known COD can now focus entirely on Coons.

technopeasant on September 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM

so now you got your nut.

O’Donnell is a nut,

She is a complete nut,

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

So what are you trying to say, that O’Donnell is a nut?

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM

at least there’s no way a RINO will win the seat now. Hooray?

Snark much?

Cindy Munford on September 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM

A sad night for me.

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Yeah. We know. He lost, get over it.

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Still stuck on that lie, are you?

For the millionth time, that was NOT Christine who said that.

Not that you care about the truth or anything.

UltimateBob on September 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM

So to answer your question…..Delaware is known for nothing.

portlandon on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

…and plenty of it.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM

So what are you trying to say, that O’Donnell is a nut?

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Yeah, we’ve never had one of those in Congress before.

Cindy Munford on September 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Screw you! I don’t want that clown that close to me! ;D

Lanceman on September 29, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Just for the whuppin’ then send back to the land of nothin’.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:40 PM

The Smallest State.

So to answer your question…..Delaware is known for nothing.

portlandon on September 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Actually, we’re the SECOND smallest state, land-wise, after Rhode Island.

UltimateBob on September 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Yeah, we’ve never had one of those in Congress before.

Cindy Munford on September 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM

The ones we had before actually had jobs and paid taxes. I kind of draw the line there.

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Ugh. I think I fed a troll, guys. Sorry. I’ve been sick, and not paying enough attention to the people I’m responding to…

WesternActor on September 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

COD, November 2nd…….

……choose wisely Delaware (of course they elected the complete doofus Biden for the last what 400 years?).

PappyD61 on September 29, 2010 at 11:43 PM

WEll I guess with the rats bailing with RAHM , cabinet appointments are easier to get by dropping out of an election than ever before

ELMO Q on September 29, 2010 at 11:44 PM

The ones we had before actually had jobs and paid taxes.

Like Ted Kennedy?

Emperor Norton on September 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

O/T So yesterday my older two kids got me a birthday card with an empty cake platter, covered with crumbs. The front said “The Democrats took your birthday cake!” Inside it said “They sliced it up and gave it to people who aren’t fortunate enough to have a birthday today”. Too funny, political birthday cards. I think it means we’re all nuts.

Cindy Munford on September 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Actually, we’re the SECOND smallest state, land-wise, after Rhode Island.

UltimateBob on September 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Pretty insecure about your size, huh? ;)

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

WesternActor on September 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

If we don’t throw the stick again it’ll go away.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Actually, we’re the SECOND smallest state, land-wise, after Rhode Island.
UltimateBob on September 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Sure but Rhode Island has…well it has….uh….it has…

Ok, we need to sell Delaware AND Rhode Island to Greenland.

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Cindy Munford on September 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

That’s a good halloween gag too. Instead of candy, give kids a note that says democrats took your candy and gave it to someone else.

Then again…halloween is really a tax on people with no children – but no one wants to hear that rant again.

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Too funny, political birthday cards. I think it means we’re all nuts.

Cindy Munford on September 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

..and you have a couple of witty and clever kids.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:46 PM

What in the world is Delaware good for anyway?

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Two votes in the United States Senate, one of which would be sworn-in before the lame duck session, meaning the victor will be able to vote on legislation like card check.

amerpundit on September 29, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Sorry no, you were playing the class game by lamenting that OD didn’t make enough money to be considered a viable candidate.

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Wow! There is something weird going on at HA…no QOTD and on the previous post, AP is all up in the cheap seats taking on all comers…wth

d1carter on September 29, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Cindy Munford on September 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

And a belated Happy Birthday Mrs. Munford.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Ok, we need to sell Delaware AND Rhode Island to Greenland.

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Aw, come on, man, I need a place to live!

Pretty insecure about your size, huh? ;)

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Hey, when the kids in gym class tease you about how *ahem* small you are, all you can do is point to the kid who’s smaller than you!

UltimateBob on September 29, 2010 at 11:50 PM

If we don’t throw the stick again it’ll go away.

darwin-t on September 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I guess. Do we have a list of known active trolls somewhere? I know the big, annoying ones (crr6, Narutoboy), but the smaller, more ineffectual ones are harder for me to keep track of.

WesternActor on September 29, 2010 at 11:52 PM

d1carter on September 29, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I would have picked either Ted Turner’s rant about global warming or Paul LePage’s idea of what to say to PBHO as QOTD, but I suppose there needs to be a hit magnet for the late shift and this was supposed to be it.

Bishop on September 29, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Chudi on September 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I understand you don’t like her and I understand your concerns about whether she will do a good job but the fact remains that the people of Delaware picked her. Rather decisively. Republicans were not expected to take the Senate this time out regardless of the sour grape grousing. If she were to win, she would be one person in one body of Congress. If she is ineffective she will be gone in six years, if she is a crook she will be forced to leave earlier. There are all sorts of less the optimal candidates that some of us are going to have to pull the lever for in November, I am going to be optimistic.

Cindy Munford on September 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Castle, notably, did not endorse Christine O’Donnell

Sore
Loser
That’s your guy, chudi.

UltimateBob on September 29, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Probably means he’ll get some position under ObamaJarrett.

SouthernGent on September 29, 2010 at 11:13 PM

DOH, MY EYES! You are not a nice man.:)

bluemarlin on September 29, 2010 at 11:54 PM

lorien1973 on September 29, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Oh just turn of your lights you old poop!.

Cindy Munford on September 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM