The Ed Morrissey Show: Adam Baldwin; Face the Chat

posted at 1:31 pm on September 27, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Today, on the Ed Morrissey Show (3 pm ET), Kevin McCullough joins us again to discuss the intersection of faith and politics. Kevin and I will talk about the new Alan Grayson ad, as well as the actual meaning of the marital advice in Colossians and Ephesians. In bonus minutes, Big Hollywood contributor and actor Adam Baldwin will join us to talk about the Beverly Hills Tea Party, and the importance of the Coates testimony last Friday to the Civil Rights Commission. What is the nature of the Rule of Law?   Plus, Adam will get us up to date on an important issue of mineral rights and Pacific Rim politics.

Update: Kevin won’t be able to make it today, so we’ll do a Face the Chat instead during his usual segment!

We’ll also talk about BMX Radio Now, Kevin and Stephen’s exploding success in independent talk radio, as well as Kevin’s book, The Kind of Man Every Man Should Be: Taking a Stand for True Masculinity.

The Ed Morrissey Show and its dynamic chatroom can be seen on the permanent TEMS page — be sure to join us!  Don’t forget to keep up with the debate on my Facebook page, too!

Comments

Sorry Ed, but your link for Big Hollywood is wrong.

Its bighollywood.breitbart.com, not bighollywood.com

firepilot on September 27, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Thanks – fixed now!

Ed Morrissey on September 27, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Adam cracks me up. I wish I could hear this.. stupid programs that blocks every-freaking-thing!

upinak on September 27, 2010 at 2:24 PM

“The hero of Canton! The man they call Jayne!”

Doughboy on September 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM

They hero of Canton, the man they call: “Adam Baldwin”!

Man, this dude rocks so hard.

Rightwingguy on September 27, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Doughboy on September 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Curse you and our thinking alike! (Shakes fist)

Rightwingguy on September 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Ed, because you have the man who played Jayne Cobb on your show, you just gained 2,000,000 cool points. Congratulations!

Rightwingguy on September 27, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I so miss Firefly. It is nice to know that we have Browncoats here on Hot Air, and even more importantly, it is GREAT that there is a Hollywood type that is right of center minded.

I’ll be in my bunk. (not thinking about Adam, but of Christina Hendricks)

itzWicks on September 27, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Wikipedia says he’s been a registered Democrat since 1980.

I remember him most from a bit part in Ordinary People. He’s a Chicago boy from New Trier East. Glad to see that he’s had a successful career.

BuckeyeSam on September 27, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I’ll be in my bunk. (not thinking about Adam, but of Christina Hendricks)

itzWicks on September 27, 2010 at 2:39 PM

AKA Yosaffbridge?

Rightwingguy on September 27, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Rightwingguy

Well, dont forget he was a Super Soldier on the X-Files, as Knowle Rohrer. That was pretty cool though too

firepilot on September 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Didn’t he also play “Animal Mother” in Full Metal Jacket?

44Magnum on September 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM

YEP! He was Animal Mother.

44Magnum on September 27, 2010 at 3:21 PM

He reminds me of my bodyguard.

fossten on September 27, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I wonder if he gets a cut from the sale of these shirts? I hope so, because they ROCK!

wearyman on September 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Didn’t he also play “Animal Mother” in Full Metal Jacket?

44Magnum on September 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM

LOL yep.

upinak on September 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Ain’t logical. Cuttin’ on his own face, rapin’ and murdering – Hell, I’ll kill a man in a fair fight… or if I think he’s gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there’s a woman, or if I’m gettin’ paid – mostly only when I’m gettin’ paid. But these Reavers… last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where’s that get fun?

mechkiller_k on September 27, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Does this man ever age?

pseudonominus on September 27, 2010 at 3:38 PM

“Do you know what the chain of command is here? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who’s in command.”

mechkiller_k on September 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Jayne: “Wha-…are you-are you sayin’ she’s a witch?”

Wash: (sarcastically) “Yes, Jayne. She’s a witch. She has had congress with the beast.”

Jayne: “She’s in Congress?”

Wash: (amazed) “How did your brain even learn human speech? I’m just so curious.”

mechkiller_k on September 27, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Last one:

[Book, Kaylee and Jayne sit in the common area, spying on Inara and Mal, awaiting her latest client.]
Book: Didn’t Inara express a wish for privacy?
Kaylee: Oh… we’ve gotta see who she’s got. I bet he’s handsome. I think he’s gonna bring her flowers.
[A man walks onto Serenity, that seems to be Inara's latest client.]
Kaylee: Oh— there he is!
Mal: Well, he looks the respectable sort. Welcome aboard. I’m Captain Malcolm Rey—
[The man ignores Mal's outstretched hand and walks by him as Mal looks questioningly at his unshaken hand.]
Bodyguard: We’re all clear here, councilor.
[The councilor, Inara's client, walks in, and she is revealed to be a woman. Mal stands by as they walk upstairs, mouth agape.]
Mal:…Huh.
[Jayne, Kaylee, and Book are clearly shocked, especially Jayne, who stares confoundedly at the two retreating women.]
Book: Ohh, my.
Kaylee: Oh, gosh, I-I knew she took female clients, I just, uh- [laughs] They look so glamorous together.
Jayne:…I’ll be in my bunk.

mechkiller_k on September 27, 2010 at 3:52 PM

“Sure would be nice if we had some grenades!!! dontcha think?”

Viper1 on September 27, 2010 at 4:25 PM

LOL. The description could very well have read for the majority of us:

BLAH BLAH BLAH Ed Morrissey show BLAH BLAH BLAH today we will have on some dude and talk about some stuff BLAH BLAH ADAM BLADWIN YOU GUYS!!1eleventy!!1!

Rightwingguy on September 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM