Video: “The Last Best Hope”

posted at 5:55 pm on September 24, 2010 by Lori Ziganto

Jim Geraghty over at NRO describes the following video this way:

But all of this arrogant, out-of-control government triggered the creation of an idea: a broad-based popular movement that vehemently and overwhelmingly pushes back in the opposite direction. You might call an… Inception.

At least that’s the thought I had as I listened to this excellent short video over at RedState.

I can’t say it better than Jim did. And the video, The Last Best Hope, created and produced by Ben Howe, speaks for itself. Please watch – and expect goose bumps:

—————-

Cross-posted from NewsReal

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

heh. Pretty funny parody.

crr6 on September 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM

With Americans at record levels below the poverty line, Barry’s Hope & Change broke the Law of the Hole: When you are in over your head, stop digging.

volsense on September 24, 2010 at 6:00 PM

See you in November…!

d1carter on September 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM

WOW,just WOW

meci on September 24, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Awesome!

heddly_lamar on September 24, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Oh baby! That was a great video.

thekingtut on September 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Excellent!

fesofee on September 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM

“We are just five days away from FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORMING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA”… and they cheered.

I don’t think they understood what he meant…

But he did.

UnderstandingisPower on September 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Man, nice bipartisan Alpha Strike.

See you on the field.

Bishop on September 24, 2010 at 6:10 PM

heh. Pretty funny parody.

crr6 on September 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM

You of an intellectual human, yes, pretty funny parody!

bluemarlin on September 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I love Reagan.

tommer74 on September 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM

What a great video, needs to go viral for sure!

bluemarlin on September 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Excellent ideed!

May we have more please Sir – way more. . . .

karra on September 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Suuuh-weeeeeeeeet!

Ok…now whoever is making these vids…THESE are the people we need to set up the optics for such things as the ‘pledge with America”.
Jeeesh!! (a hardware store? really???)

Handel on September 24, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Dude, nice music.

Count to 10 on September 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Wow, one sip of vin rouge and I left the ‘n’ out of ‘indeed’.

karra on September 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM

crr6 on September 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Don’t worry, the demorat party has produced its own video in response, powerful and hard hitting:

Bishop on September 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM

A nice vid to watch whilst sharpening your pitchfork.

And gathering torches.

CPT. Charles on September 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM

When Reagan’s in the equation, you’ll have a winner every time. Without fail. He’s been gone from office almost 22 years and I still miss him.

TxAnn56 on September 24, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Still love this one.

Are we too late?

Key West Reader on September 24, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Great!

50sGuy on September 24, 2010 at 6:21 PM

This is racist!
We need to stop the bickering and come together and support our President!
More proof there’s no room for moderates in the Republican party!
Filled with codewords about taking the country back to a time of slavery!
Fanning the flames of racial hate!

JellyToast on September 24, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Bishop on September 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Alan Grayson followers lament their wooden presidunce.

Key West Reader on September 24, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Filled with codewords about taking the country back to a time of slavery!
Fanning the flames of racial hate!

JellyToast on September 24, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Pass Charles Johnson his fainting couch. Racism, slavery, bigotry, hatred…. He wilst need a fainting couch in short order so snap to it.

Key West Reader on September 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Key West Reader on September 24, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Yes, that is a great one as well!

bluemarlin on September 24, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Great visuals. Hate the music.

Buy Danish on September 24, 2010 at 6:32 PM

What we need.
Again.

Key West Reader on September 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM

crr6 on September 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM

How insightful.

/s

Especially when the video is full of actual quotes you dumb phuck.

CWforFreedom on September 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM

heh. Pretty funny parody.

crr6 on September 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Nice try, caricature.

itsnotaboutme on September 24, 2010 at 6:36 PM

That was really incredible. I so hope we do take our country back come November!

Mulligan on September 24, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I don’t think they understood what he meant…

But he did.

UnderstandingisPower on September 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM

You scared me there.

faraway on September 24, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Never Forget.

Key West Reader on September 24, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Bishop on September 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I don’t know why this video doesn’t have 1 million views. How did you go to the future and video the left on the morning of November 3rd? This is fantastic?

faraway on September 24, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Very good, it is spot on, we need more like this.

tinkerthinker on September 24, 2010 at 6:41 PM

James Madison Memorial

Key West Reader on September 24, 2010 at 6:47 PM

heh. Pretty funny parody.
crr6 on September 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM. What I meant to say earlier is that I am scared shitless because I know whats coming but I have to act like a fool—its how I roll. crr6

Fixed it.

arnold ziffel on September 24, 2010 at 6:49 PM

crr6 on September 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM

How insightful.

/s

Especially when the video is full of actual quotes you dumb phuck.

CWforFreedom on September 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Please don’t insult all of the good, honest dumb phucks out there. They don’t deserve being lumped in with this aberrant carbon-based life form.

Sarcasm aside, it is at once truly sad to realize that 52% bought the bullsh!t that Barack Hussein Obama was peddling, yet it is truly inspiring to watch America waking up to the Fascist Threat that swirls around us like a toxic cloud.

Yamamoto was indeed correct about our national character.

turfmann on September 24, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Sorry,the RULING CLASS control all the levers of power….the money supply, mortgages, now they’re loaning money to buy equities, next up private real estate?…….they control everything except….

….our voices (NOVEMBER 2).

PappyD61 on September 24, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Damn!

LincolntheHun on September 24, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Tingle. Down leg. Can’t. Speak.

shawk on September 24, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Great Video!

But, I don’t think Americans are nearly angry enough. There are too many “conservatives”, many here, who wish to return to the squishy “big tent” “moderate” 2004 Republicanism. This will not reverse the nation’s course, or even change our path. If these people win out, then the Republic is doomed.

This is all to evident in the current Republican leadership. “The Pledge” imho was crafted with a great deal of wiggle room. The current Republican Party isn’t nearly serious enough. They act as if it is business as usual. Make a few promises to quiet the rabble, take back the reins of government, and administrate the behemoth Federal Bureaucracy. Not eliminate it, just manage it better than the Democrat/Marxists.

We need to be just as radical about Liberty as the Democrats are about Marxism, if we hope to reverse the damage they have done.

DeathB4Tyranny on September 24, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I posted this on my blog about 3 hours ago. It had just under 10,000 hits. It is now up to 13.5 K hits. Can’t we do better than that.

Here is the YouTube link. Send it to your friends. Blog it.

MSimon on September 24, 2010 at 8:49 PM

TxAnn56 on September 24, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I concur. ;)

ReagansRight on September 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM

You’re dead right DB4T, they really don’t get it. Or maybe they’re just too scared to get it, because they can’t think outside the box they’ve made for themselves. But whatever the reason they are like nervous children whistling past the graveyard, trying to convince themselves that nothing has really changed. The earth is shifting under their feet and they don’t know what to make of it.

Lew on September 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Amazing.

These are my people. These are my beautiful American people.

PattyJ on September 24, 2010 at 9:46 PM

At 2:35 there is a picture of The Mall full of people. All those people are men. Approximately 1,500,000 Christian men on The Mall on 4 October 1997 for Promise Keepers “Stand in the Gap” I was there, right side near the Smithsonian. It will take that type of commitment to take America back.
I am ready.

Amendment X on September 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM

When Barry gave that speech those oh so many months ago, I happened to be watching. I’ll repeat what I said then: “So this is how Democracy dies. With thunderous applause.”

Yes, I stole that from Padme. I never thought I’d get to use it so much. It’s unfortunate that I have been given those opportunities.

I wonder how many people said it along with me at his coronation?

jedijson on September 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Taxation without representation…

Political elites…

Redistribution of wealth…

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

Is it just a matter of time? If our votes don’t count, election fraud is perpetuated/promoted by leaders on both sides… who could blame people who believe that we have come full circle back to 1775. I for one, am more and more convinced that this is so. Every single story like this that becomes public makes one wonder about the dozens, even hundreds that don’t. One has to wonder how many lives of hard working Americans of all colors have been ruined by such policies.

Unfortunately, this Jefferson quote has often been abused by people with wrong intentions. But, it seems more and more relevant today…

Anyone up for tarring & feathering some career politicians, “academic elites”, propagandizing journalist hacks?

It seems that the Sons of Liberty of the 1760s had it right… “no taxation without representation.”

If the common mantra from political commentators is that we can simply vote people out of office – yet close elections get reversed under suspicious circumstances (e.g. Norm Coleman -> Al Franken, among others), ACORN continues to get Federal $ to illegally register “voters” – then how can we have faith in any politician, or faith in our government to be fair? Is all we have left… to take matters into our own hands?

Danny on September 25, 2010 at 2:45 AM

heh. Pretty funny parody.

crr6 on September 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Intelligent people are flexible. They assess the events around them and adjust accordingly.

On the other hand, fools stand in quicksand and wonder why the horizon is lifting into the sky.

What’s taking you so long to come around, crr6? I credited you with some intellectual flexibility, at least…yet here you are, still defending an abysmally failed philosophy.

Wow.

Grace_is_sufficient on September 25, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Great music, great soundbites, great quotes, great timing, and The Great Communicator! All kinds of awesome.

Woody on September 25, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Applaud all associated with this production. Had to replay to refresh the remarks of Hoover and Roosevelt on the Constitution. Particularly, Roosevelt’s who opened the flood gates to people thinking the Constitution is elastic.

Roosevelt’s description of the Constitution as being elastic, has been allowed Progressives to make Government to become as big as they want it. In direct conflict to what the authors of the Constitution meant them to be and described in detail in the “Federalist Paper’s”.

As long as one is able to interrupt or manipulate the Constitution, the words have begin to have no meaning whatsoever, negating their legality. Without coherent w0rds, interrupting law becomes meaningless leading to anarchy, we no longer remain a country of laws.

MSGTAS on September 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Knowing that every dime I pay in taxes keeps this corrupt machine running has completely killed my desire to earn money.

I started working at 14. I love to work.

But being a slave to these crooks and their blood-sucking dependents is not something that I’m willing to do any longer.

For the love of everything that America once represented, please, please vote in November.

Then the hard work starts.

I hope it is not too late.

painesright on September 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Just… excellent. One of the best lines: “And if they think being a Republican means they are safe… they don’t understand us AT ALL.”

Yes. Just so. Exactly right.

Paul_in_NJ on September 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM