Quotes of the day

posted at 10:31 pm on September 23, 2010 by Allahpundit

The idea of abstinence has become somewhat of a punchline in this country. From the myth of unrealistic “abstinence only” education, to the media’s constant portrayal (and mockery) of young, nerdy, out of touch Christians riddled with chastity pendants, the message on abstinence being pumped through pop-culture is clear; If you’re abstinent it’s either because A) you’re ugly or B) you’re a loser. In my case, it was often both…

Listen, one doesn’t need to be religious (nor a rocket scientist) to see the value of abstinence. Let’s disregard the immediately eliminated risk of increasingly popular STD’s and STI’s. Heck, let’s even discount the statistical data showing that sexual exclusivity seems overwhelmingly conducive to a successful marriage. Abstinence also provides an incomparable bond of trust in a relationship.

Yes, I admit it, I’m in a long-term relationship and I’m abstinent. Scandalous, I know. It’s an incredibly difficult thing to do (mostly for me, because she’s way out of my league), and that’s what makes it so important.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The only thing that bugged me was Amy acting like Crowder was so naive. I’m sure there are some people a few years older than Amy that would tell her how naive she is too.

stldave on September 24, 2010 at 1:41 AM

According to her wiki she’s 29….she’s only 6 years older than Crowder.

terryannonline on September 24, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Who are the guest commenters on the show?

18-1 on September 24, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Of course, both Crowder and Amy are both comedians.

Embellishment of their resume’ is a given, if not a prerequisite.

Kini on September 24, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Abstinence wasn’t for me… Gay sex wasn’t for me…

Why is one ok to be judgmental about and the other not?

Libs are hypocrites and the chick on Red Eye proved Crowder’s point. She got all uptight when he brought up abstinence, yet I’m sure her mantra about any other sexual activity would be “to each his own.” She got all personal and he just let her hang herself. Nicely done.

And using the “I’m older than you so I’m just smarter” argument when your in your early 30’s is really sad. If she was so much smarter she would just use reason and not her age to make her point.

All in all she got oddly personal about this. very oddly… Like she was personally offended oddly for some reason. Very interesting how she came across as the more judgmental of the two here.

Ampersand on September 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Is a box of Kleenex, and the Internet, a relationship?

Kini on September 24, 2010 at 1:19 AM

if so then it’s the longest relationship I’ve had…

Ampersand on September 24, 2010 at 2:04 AM

ObamaZombieVoterBot Insurrection!!
=========================================

Hecklers Ruin Obama Fundraiser Speech

by Jack Stuef
2:04 pm September 23, 2010

=========================

Obama’s Aunt speaks!

By Jim Treacher | Published: 12:10 PM 09/22/2010 | Updated: 1:34 PM 09/22/2010

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/22/more-from-auntie-zeituni/#ixzz10QPJTzwC

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 2:15 AM

I had a friend who once wondered why her other friends thought it was weird for her to be so supportive of her ex-boyfriend’s marriage and even happily accepted an invitation to the wedding. The reason was obvious to me. She was a nice Mormon girl who was clearly saving herself for marriage (she did). Sex in a relationship invariably results in a stronger emotional investment, making break-ups harder and uglier. No sex means less resentment and fewer hard feelings when the relationship ends.

AaronGuzman on September 24, 2010 at 2:25 AM

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Theo Spark has Auntie video also..I see someone has not had there totty yet..:)

PS..Theo has some cool Airplane videos..including the USAF Thunderbirds..Cool..:)

Dire Straits on September 24, 2010 at 2:29 AM

I would bet that managing your relationship on statistical data is, statistically, not a good way to maintain a healthy relationship.

karlant on September 24, 2010 at 2:42 AM

If you’re abstinent it’s either because A) you’re ugly or B) you’re a loser.

or C) you’re married.

bopbottle on September 24, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Awesome video
==========================

November is Coming

Posted by Caleb Howe

Friday, September 24th at 12:00AM EDT

================

Via:

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 4:54 AM

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 2:15 AM
=================================
Theo Spark has Auntie video also..I see someone has not had there totty yet..:)

Dire Straits on September 24, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Dire Straits:I got it from TheoSpark,and back tracked it to
Washington Rebel.I should of added via:
TheoSpark!

Check out SatansGirlFriend on Cyber warfare
from(alledged)Israel ob Sobatage on Bushier
Reactor in Iran,heres one of the links!
——————————————————

Stuxnet worm ‘targeted high-value Iranian assets’

I’m work’n on my Totties,hehe!

Awesome videos,I enjoyed B-17 Old “666”!:)

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Oops,on not ob.

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 5:13 AM

Seriously, to get statistically valid answers to questions driving the statistics that Crowder used you have to do conjoint analysis, that is the science, but for the studies he cited, they did not do conjoint.

Amy totally won the debate, not even close

georgealbert on September 24, 2010 at 5:19 AM

He’s only 23 so he doesn’t know who he is sexually yet? Since she’s obviously projecting, she needs professional help ASAP.

JimP on September 24, 2010 at 5:51 AM

Amy feels convicted in her soul because of her own issues.

Witness the “women’s liberation” movement, which was doomed from the onset. By play-acting as men: pretending to feel like men, think like men, behave like me, and experience sexuality like men, women sold out the heart of our appeal: mystery. Men find us mysterious, and will spend the better part of their lives trying to delve into that mystery (yes, go ahead and make a ‘delve’ joke here LOL)

Amy knows this, just as every woman instrinsically knows it. She knows she lost her mystery and, moreover, she continues to sell it out for “fun”. She knows it’s a cheap and easy trade, one that’s uneven–the loss is all on her side. She knows it, but can’t admit it, least of all to herself. So the claws come out the vitriol spews in Crowder’s direction.

Sad, Amy. Sad.

Grace_is_sufficient on September 24, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Ampersand on September 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM

She got defensive because she’s a slut. 2 bakers dozen and she’s in her early 30’s? Her only value seems to be as a cum receptacle.

csdeven on September 24, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Ampersand on September 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Good observation. But not so odd as I see it. She’s a pretty unhappy person. Her attitude and response are natural in the circumstance.

rrpjr on September 24, 2010 at 6:44 AM

The line “I’m in a long-term relationship” didn’t clue you in?

Allahpundit on September 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I immediately thought you were talking about your cat.

csdeven on September 24, 2010 at 6:46 AM

0/T
========

Video

Fight Breaks Out As Reid-Angle Forum Ends
Man Detained By School Officials
———————————

POSTED: 9:18 pm PDT September 23, 2010
UPDATED: 12:11 am PDT September 24, 2010

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on September 24, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Extremely well said, Grace, and so true. I’m glad a lady said this.

JimP on September 24, 2010 at 6:51 AM

I saw her make those jokes on television and thought she was classless and revolting.

sherry on September 23, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Her bio says she admires Margret Cho and Sarah Silverman…..both are classless comedians.

csdeven on September 24, 2010 at 6:51 AM

I think Amy’s behavior proved Crowder’s point. He said it’s the last taboo and, on cue, she went after him as if he’d said he likes screwing monkeys.

Kafir on September 24, 2010 at 7:03 AM

AaronGuzman on September 24, 2010 at 2:25 AM

DING DING DING! THREAD WINNER!

fossten on September 24, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I thought people were being a bit hard on Amy till I actually watched the video. She definitely got personal and he did not, and now I agree w/ those who said she was the one being immature and judgmental about defending her position.

[Amy] reminded me quite a bit of a one of those women who want as many other women to have abortions as possible because it makes them feel more “normal” about having done it themselves.
29Victor on September 24, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Amy knows this, just as every woman instrinsically knows it. She knows she lost her mystery and, moreover, she continues to sell it out for “fun”. She knows it’s a cheap and easy trade, one that’s uneven–the loss is all on her side. She knows it, but can’t admit it, least of all to herself. So the claws come out the vitriol spews in Crowder’s direction…
Grace_is_sufficient on September 24, 2010 at 6:25 AM

These were exactly my takes too.

inviolet on September 24, 2010 at 7:39 AM

sex. There’s nothing riskier about monogamous sex outside of marriage than in.

Sure there is. If you have a series of monogamous relationships you expose yourself to several different potential std carriers. By the time a woman is in her 20’s she’s got a 50% chance of having at least 1 std. Abstinance until marriage and monogamy within marriage is by far the safest course of action.

Vera on September 24, 2010 at 7:42 AM

One thing Crowder doesn’t touch on – other than his “happiness stats” – is what having sex with a bunch of other people does to your soul – or if you don’t want to go that deep – what it does to you mentally. Sex forms a bond and no matter how long a time passes you are always affected by that bond. You have sex with a few people, move on and eventually get married; it sticks with you regardless. You basically carry scars forward with you.

Besides, I don’t know many people who go through life, have some “fun sex” and get married and say, “I’m am so glad I did that before I got married.” Most gain the insight that it wasn’t worth the costs.

Honestly things are better when you get to do them together for the first time. My wife was abstinent and I was not and when we got married I was always struck by how everything was better and more special for her. She’s only kissed one guy, me, and how cool is that? That’s special, and I wish I had that gift to give back to her. I love her immensely, but I robbed myself by not waiting for her.

Your mileage may vary, but I’ve gotten a good look at both sides of this debate and I know where I stand.

Free Indeed on September 24, 2010 at 7:51 AM

So this bimbo young lady has had multiple failed 2-5 year relationships. If she tried to get to know these men instead of sleeping together on the first date she might not have made so many bad choices (and others opinion of her would be higher).
Some other cultures have years-long dating rituals before marriage and no sleeping together outside of marriage. Choice of a mate for life is very carefullt considered.

When there are long-term consequences for your actions you tend to make choices more carefully.

mad scientist on September 24, 2010 at 8:00 AM

OT

RedState posts a great video linked @ Ace of Spades HQ

THE LAST BEST HOPE

maverick muse on September 24, 2010 at 8:00 AM

I just don’t know any happily married people. I don’t.

Says it all about that “worldly” blonde. Give her another decade at best, and see how happy she REALLY is having to pay for sex while her professional peers sneer at her. Hardly allows maintenance of that “monogamous slut” facade. She isn’t looking for emotional fulfillment, and she’s unable to GIVE devotion. Let her be since emotionally satisfying marriage isn’t for everyone.

maverick muse on September 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM

OT

RedState posts a great video linked @ Ace of Spades HQ

THE LAST BEST HOPE

maverick muse on September 24, 2010 at 8:00 AM

maverick muse: TGIF,I beat ya to it!!:)

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Read the facial expressions and body language. Amy’s angry and defensive from the get-go.

MoCoM on September 24, 2010 at 8:28 AM

I just don’t know any happily married people. I don’t.

Perhaps that says more about who she chooses to be friends with than the institution of marriage. I don’t know any un-happily married people, and the vast majority of my friends are married.

Vera on September 24, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Well, if I was an alien whose first exposure to them or this issue was this, my response would be- “was a personal attack necessary?” and “why did this chick seem so defensive and flustered?” But since I’m not, I’ve never found her funny. Jim Norton is funny. She’s just annoying.I don’t even care who’s right, I just have always disliked her and can’t get past her poor man’s Sarah Silverman act.

di butler on September 24, 2010 at 8:43 AM

She is good looking, but you’ll rarely find a Manhattan gal who isn’t promiscuous. Women move from all around the country to live in Manhattan just for the SATC lifestyle. I think the average number of partners is around 20. Really, for any woman, you have to double the number of partners that she said she’s had to get a good idea of her background. If you want a gal who’s not been promiscuous and didn’t/won’t sleep around, marry an evangelical Christian.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on September 24, 2010 at 8:51 AM

mad scientist on September 24, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Have any of those cultures survived economically independent women and the availability of the pill?

dedalus on September 24, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I’ve heard of Steven Crowder, but who was the ho?

ctmom on September 24, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Amy Schumer acted like a pig. Coarse, ignorant pig.

petefrt on September 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I think in that one moment that poor girl realized how sad her life had become.

Kudos to Crowder for being Christ-Like and not blasting her back with personal attacks, which he absolutely could have.

…which I probabaly would have :(

DadofaKeeper on September 24, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Sad, Amy. Sad.

Grace_is_sufficient on September 24, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Very well said, Grace. If Amy were truly confident in the choice she made, she would have welcomed Crowder’s stand as right and proper for him. Instead she attacked him as juvenile and naive. Perhaps her guilt will lead her to a better choice in the future or she can continue to try to drag people down to her level so her level doesn’t look so ugly.

Extrafishy on September 24, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Bravo Steven Crowder. He is smart and fluid and stays on point.

Mojave Mark on September 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Amy Schumer acted like a pig. Coarse, ignorant pig.

petefrt on September 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Yep. I just watched the vid and my mouth was hanging open…she’s disgusting.

Bee on September 24, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I don’t care how many people she’s spread her legs for. She’s an unpleasant c— because she acts like an unpleasant c—.

Instant channel change when she comes on O&A.

The Lone Platypus on September 24, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I actually feel sorry for Amy.

Fallon on September 24, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Interesting just how clearly the female comedienne explicitly proves his point.

She’s funny as hell, though.

Professor Blather on September 24, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Kafir on September 24, 2010 at
7:03 AM

Exactly.

Well, actually if he’d said he likes screwing monkeys, she wouldn’t have batted on eye.

He’s supremely right. Even on HotAir, even suggesting abstinence as one option brings out a lot of lunacy. Somebody yesterday actually – without irony – called Crowder “vulgar and ungentlemanly,” for um suggesting that there are benefits to NOT being vulgar and ungentlemanly.

Very, very strange thought process. I suspect it has to do with our personal choices and the reflection we see in the mirror. If you made a difference choice, hearing somebody extol the virtues of another choice can create an emotional response, I guess.

He’s right – its the last remaining taboo. I suspect you’d literally get less of a reaction (particularly from liberals) if you supported pedophilia.

By the way, I was a manwhore. So I have no personal dog in this fight. I’m just fascinated by the emotional responses to such a comparatively tame suggestion: that, hey, abstinence works for Crowder and is a choice to consider.

Shock me, shock me.

Professor Blather on September 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Free Indeed on September 24, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Amen, brother. Sometimes, we really don’t know what we’ve got ’til it’s gone.

There are numerous wise and accurate comments on this thread
and I thank one and all for posting them.

JimP on September 24, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I know this kind of woman. She thinks her ideas are new. She thinks she is so cutting edge. She’s like the 29 year old homosexual queen who thinks he discovered drag and camp.

She’s an idiot and one day, she will wince at this display.

keebs on September 24, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I’ve heard of Steven Crowder, but who was the ho?
ctmom on September 24, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Bravo. (Or brava?). This should have ended the thread.

rrpjr on September 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM

the problem I have is Steven is relying on stats, and Amy was speaking of her personal likes and dislikes. to me it seems like steven is pushing something he doesn’t beleive in himself. It just seems hollow when you constantly rely on stats to prove your case.

jrab01 on September 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM

jrab01 at 10:53 “seems hollow when you constantly rely on stats to prove your case.” Please inform O and the rest of the cronies on Cap. Hill about your disdain for stats. They pump them up and massage them for their purposes all of the time. Just a thought.

It was truly amazing at how fast and furious whatserface’s attack on Crowder came! But then having personally endured some violent and unwarranted attacks myself for standing for a cause against the immature desires of the left, I shouldn’t have been surprised. THIS is the tactic they use to shut us up. They have no facts, no figures, no ability to listen, receive new information, process it adequately and produce a well-thought response. They just try bludgeon us into believing the way they do or shut us up by engaging in personal attacks. Sorry, Amy, and the rest of you progressive lefties. It ain’t going to work. Social progressivism is slavery to the state. Sexual promiscuity is committing a personal act of treason against your own body. The outcomes of both are death: death to individual rights in the case of social progressivism. Very real and physical death is a possibility with frequently changing sexual partners. To hump everything in sight is what the animals do. We are not animals. We can actually make decisions to overcome our baser instincts. But maybe Amy believes in evolution, that we’ve descended from an ape-like creature so maybe she’s just following the lifestyle of her ancestor. Me? I believe God actually formed us from the dirt of the earth then breathed His great breath of life into us and we became “speaking spirits” like Him. I prefer that scenario. That means we have the power and the potential to become greater than what we are. Amy, you were meant for so much more than superficial relationships brought about by first date sexual encounters. You are robbing yourself of your dignity as a human being.

Driefromseattle on September 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM

stldave on September 24, 2010 at 1:41 AM

I am more than a decade older then Amy. I wish I was there to tell her that ANY woman now in her 40’s, who is emotionally and mentally stable, DOES regret being sexually promiscuous when they were younger. I have stayed in touch with several ladies I went to high school with. Every one of them would take a different road if given a chance to go back.

There are two who are still acting that way at the age of 48 and are total train wrecks. They have destroyed their families.

GoodBoy on September 24, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Steven’s original article was on the FOX News site yesterday. he said that discussing abstinence is taboo and makes one’s “posterior pucker”. I didn’t understand that.

Steven:
Come out. Ken Mehlman did. Matt Sanchez did. And they are both still loved by us conservatives.

Lothar on September 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM

If Amy had a twin sister who was abstinent, and you were interested in marriage, who would you choose– the abstinent one or the one who has by her own admission slept with 26 guys? (Probably more since people tend to lower the number) If you are looking for a good time, call Amy. If you are looking for a life companion, you go with the sister.

gajaw999 on September 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Stephen Crowder is my hero. My kids and I have been watching his videos for two years now and they love him. (They’re all in middle school.) To have him stand up as a role model and declare his chastity and Christianity is wonderful for them.

He’s gorgeous, he’s funny, he’s smart, and he wants to save himself for marriage. That’s my kid’s hero. (And mine.)

bonnie_ on September 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Why is abstinence bad, but monogamy good?

spmat on September 24, 2010 at 1:01 PM

“A baker’s two dozen”..

Someone is advertising themselves out to be an easy date.

DaveC on September 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Driefromseattle on September 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I’m not a huge fan of Amy, but I do think her attack was partially motivated by a veiled remark from Steven pointing out that her comedy was dirty. She took offense and I understand why. Questioning her morals or political views is quite fine, but attacking her for the way she makes a living would offend most anyone on earth. Example – Brian Reagan clean as a whistle Jim Norton increadibly filthy both are funny but and have very differnt acts, but neither one of them would ever disrespect how they earn their paycheck……and that’s exactly what Steven did.

Amy throws bombs, that’s what she does. ( like almost every lefty I know )

jrab01 on September 24, 2010 at 1:58 PM

maverick muse: TGIF,I beat ya to it!!:)

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Love ya but your link did not work :0(

IowaWoman on September 24, 2010 at 6:58 PM

maverick muse: TGIF,I beat ya to it!!:)

canopfor on September 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM